New Pavis.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Melock
 player, 4653 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 17:50
Re: New Pavis
Melock helps the others subdue Ohanzee and is about to ask the others why, when Hoskar enlightens him. He nods and helps carry him to the temple. Reluctantly Melock follows the Sable Shaman.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 648 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 19:49
Re: New Pavis
"Well, i think that is quite enough for a true tongue for one day" Temush muses, as he peels off to offer some preyers to Waha and Sun hawk for Ohanzee and his unexpected guest. Having done that he decides it would not be over the top to include  Mother Ostrich and Uluruhu the crane-man too.
Moonface
 NPC, 0 posts
 Shaman
 Outlaw Sable
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 11:32
Re: New Pavis
The Praxian Temple


Freezeday, Fertilty Week, Dark Season.

Ohanzee is stretched out on the floor of the room and the Sable shaman indicates that those present sit about him. Incense is lit and he begins the instructions for the upcoming ceremony.

"This could take a while, and I need you to each dedicate yourselves to this fully. It will be dangerous for your friend and possibly for me if this spirit is powerful. It is a spirit you are worried about yes?"

He looks at the braves and needs no confirmation to his query as he sees the truth in their eyes.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:33, Sat 14 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 11289 posts
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 12:50
Re: New Pavis
Ten Days later, Clayday, Stasis Week, Dark Season.

The first three days had been spent at the Praxian Temple, where the Rangers and the Shaman Moonface were locked in a ferocious spirit world battle with the spirit possessing Ohanzee.

At last it is over, and Ohanzee, awakening from a bad dream is greeted by his relieved companions. The spirit has been trapped in the piece of Moonrock that Ohanzee had found.

"A nasty piece of work" Moonface points out somewhat unnecessarily "And one to be treated with the utmost care. I have trapped it here, but it is not like a bound spirit where you can use it to power your spells. I advise you to be very careful..."

With that the braves join the celebrations for Eiritha's holy day and then set off on their weeklong adventures within the city...

Clothes are procured, Angelika updated, spells learned, rumours discussed and various missions attempted. During the week, the Lunars had clamped down on the Orlanthi in the city, whitewashing the temple's outside murals, outlawing the worship of their god and implementing a citywide ban on all weapons and armour, unless one was a  weapon-master or member of a certified business or guild and offering guard services.

On enquiring about this Becx said she would hire Hoskar and Grundar but until she had a caravan would not be able to hire anymore. But...Word was out that Gorovan the Magnificent of the Garhound clan was seeking the Rangers and was offering a chance to gain the proper paperwork to bear arms. He was expecting them on the morrow at midday in Geos.

But first was a night out at Goldfangs, for Hoskar had arranged a meeting through his deadhead contact with a certain Dryad...
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3997 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 19:13
Re: New Pavis
Post Exorcism

It takes some time and some explaining to explain to Ohanzee why he was jumped and as a healing bruise on his forehead.

"That would explain the sign I gave to the bandit without knowing why or what it was. An the blank bits."

He look at the fish charm, filled now with the tricky spirit "Thank you all" he says looking at the other Rangers and then to Moonface "And thank you. What am I supposed to do with it?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:15, Sun 15 Apr 2018.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3998 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 19:24
Re: New Pavis
Ten Days Later

Recovered somewhat Ohanzee speaks as they prepare for their trip to Goldfang's "Things are bad for followers of Little Brother. I hope they don't interfere with the ceremonies at the Pairing Stones." he says glancing at Amara.
Kobal
 player, 2137 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 06:35
Re: New Pavis
Morning after Waha's high holy day


Temush Blinking-cloud:
Kobal:
"What other news from Avalarn's uncle?  Like, was he filled with gratitude with our saving his niece?  Did he give you anything?"

Temush looks confused "I thought I told you, he gave us a pouch of gold, and all due words of thanks, asked what boon I sought, so I said if he could tell us how to meet the elves that would fit the bill.

Could be you weren't there when I talked to Hoskar about the gold bits, they're in Becx's lock box. I would say he thinks well of us.


"Hmm, I can't remember whether I was there.  Well, at least we got something out of it."

Temush Blinking-cloud:
Far be it from me to set up to teach the ways of Waha to one to whom he gives his mark, but I think elf green would suit the herds more than Esrola green. They can get riled if their plants are at threat mind. There's a story that they called on us Ostriches and the Verhefen one time when there were swarms of bugs in the Redwoods, don't know if it's true or not</Blue>


"I've been blessed with his mark, but I don't pretend to know all his mysteries and ways."  Kobal leans forward.  "The elves make me nervous.  We don't normally see them on the Wastes.  I figure they have different goals to the Earth..."

Ten Days later, Clayday, Stasis Week, Dark Season.

GM:
The first three days had been spent at the Praxian Temple, where the Rangers and the Shaman Moonface were locked in a ferocious spirit world battle with the spirit possessing Ohanzee.

At last it is over, and Ohanzee, awakening from a bad dream is greeted by his relieved companions. The spirit has been trapped in the piece of Moonrock that Ohanzee had found.


"Blue Arm, you're back with us."  Kobal gives the brave a firm squeeze on the shoulder.  "We couldn't afford to pay the temple for the exorcism though, so you're now indentured to this temple for two years."  He flashes a cap-toothed smile.  "You should thank our captain Emesh-Ga for first noticing your possession."

Out of sight of the resting Ohanzee, he thanks Moonface for the risky and lengthy task, giving the shaman a gold brooch  and making a donation of trade goods to the temple as well .  "Wise One, what sort of spirit is it?"

Ohanzee Shappa:
"That would explain the sign I gave to the bandit without knowing why or what it was. An the blank bits."


"We don't know anything about the spirit yet, but in that instance, it seemed to avoid a fight at least, thank the Khan of Khans.  Whether that sign will cause more trouble for us down the track remains to be seen..."

He pauses a moment.  "Do you have any idea where you came across this spirit?  Any moment you touched something, or things felt a different for an instant?"

Ohanzee Shappa:
He look at the fish charm, filled now with the tricky spirit "Thank you all" he says looking at the other Rangers and then to Moonface "And thank you. What am I supposed to do with it?"


Although the question was directed to the shaman, Kobal chips in.  "Get rid of it.  Perhaps the knowledge cultists will buy it - perhaps they'll trade for some information about the spirit itself.  That may help in case those bandits appear again.  We shouldn't have this spirit near us.  It will only bring trouble."

He looks around at the Rangers.  "Maybe we should seek a divination, to find out what this spirit was doing while it had possessed Ohanzee."

GM:
Clothes are procured, Angelika updated, spells learned, rumours discussed and various missions attempted. During the week, the Lunars had clamped down on the Orlanthi in the city, whitewashing the temple's outside murals, outlawing the worship of their god and implementing a citywide ban on all weapons and armour, unless one was a  weapon-master or member of a certified business or guild and offering guard services.

On enquiring about this Becx said she would hire Hoskar and Grundar but until she had a caravan would not be able to hire anymore. But...Word was out that Gorovan the Magnificent of the Garhound clan was seeking the Rangers and was offering a chance to gain the proper paperwork to bear arms. He was expecting them on the morrow at midday in Geos.


Kobal asks Becx the reason for the clamp down.  "Is something about to happen here?  Or has something already happened?"  To the others he says, "If something is going to happen, perhaps we should suggest to Angelika that we move on soon.  Otherwise we may be caught up in events, or stuck in this town."

GM:
But first was a night out at Goldfangs, for Hoskar had arranged a meeting through his deadhead contact with a certain Dryad...


Kobal tags along, not because he's got any particular fondness for elves or the Condor weed, but because it's an opportunity to learn more.  Plus, with the ban on arms and armour, there's safety in numbers.  He brings his staff with him, if it doesn't look like it contravenes the ban on weapons..

This message was last edited by the player at 06:47, Mon 16 Apr 2018.

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2889 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 10:51
Re: New Pavis
Looking somewhat sheepish, Hoskar is quick to apologise to Ohanzee. Really sorry about that crack on the head. We didn't know what else to do - if we'd tried to take you through there conscious, we had a nasty feeling the spirit might have kicked off. If you'd like a quick fix, I can sort that bruise out.

He glances at Kobal as he mentions seeking knowledge on the nature of the spirit. We could always try getting someone well-connected to ask Issaries what the damn thing is. but there'll be a fee he grins, with a glance in Becx's direction as you'll no doubt guess. But if we know it's an interesting one maybe the greybeards will pay more to study the blighter.

His grin broadening, he secretes a clinking pouch well beneath his clothing. So. Ready to meet a contact? I've never met her before - contact of a contact and so on.
Melock
 player, 4657 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 17:39
Re: New Pavis
Kobal:
"We don't know anything about the spirit yet, but in that instance, it seemed to avoid a fight at least, thank the Khan of Khans.  Whether that sign will cause more trouble for us down the track remains to be seen..."


"Judging by how interested those men on the roof were in Ohanzee, I think we'll be seeing them soon, do you think we should have warned the shaman?"
Melock turns his head suddenly when he hears the clink of a money pouch, "If you're taking that much cash she must be expensive"
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1659 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 18:50
Re: New Pavis
The morning after Waha's Holy Day

"Must be the first time we've actually put Ohanzee out for his own protection, though it could end up being frequent if we look at all the other things he's done." Henal says with a smile. "I wonder what that spirit is and Melock is probably right that there might be someone coming looking for it after what happened with the archers, but maybe we should worry about that tomorrow and get a chance to relax while we can".
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3600 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 02:46
Re: New Pavis
"You know...at first I was shocked when Ohanzee got knocked out...and then I was going to applaud. Now, I think it might just save us a lot of trouble if we do it now and again to double check he's not been possessed again." Amara suggested with a hint of humor in eyes that showed concern for Ohanzee "But enough, we're rapidly running short on time. We still haven't recovered my friend from the trolls, or made any real progress doing anything in this place. It is a quagmire in which we have become stuck."
Kobal
 player, 2140 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 04:16
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
Looking somewhat sheepish, Hoskar is quick to apologise to Ohanzee. Really sorry about that crack on the head. We didn't know what else to do - if we'd tried to take you through there conscious, we had a nasty feeling the spirit might have kicked off. If you'd like a quick fix, I can sort that bruise out.


"You know, you looked a bit too happy as you knocked him on the head, Hoskar."  Kobal gives an evil grin.

Amara Brightsky:
"You know...at first I was shocked when Ohanzee got knocked out...and then I was going to applaud. Now, I think it might just save us a lot of trouble if we do it now and again to double check he's not been possessed again." Amara suggested with a hint of humor in eyes that showed concern for Ohanzee "But enough, we're rapidly running short on time. We still haven't recovered my friend from the trolls, or made any real progress doing anything in this place. It is a quagmire in which we have become stuck."


He looks at Henal and Amara.  "Yeah, since he (and Melock) seem to head off into the Darkness each night, doing gods know what, perhaps we need to jump him each day.  Just to be sure."

More seriously, he says, "Yes, we need to give Delenda priority I think.  We've been here over 10 days now, and there's no telling what the trolls have done with her by now...  As it turns out, from the time I've spent at this temple, I learned that Moonface is from Delenda's clan.  So maybe he'd be willing to help.  Although he was cast out from the clan (why else would he be here instead of being nomadic?), so maybe he might not..."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:23, Tue 17 Apr 2018.

Melock
 player, 4660 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 12:36
Re: New Pavis
Kobal:
He looks at Henal and Amara.  "Yeah, since he (and Melock) seem to head off into the Darkness each night, doing gods know what, perhaps we need to jump him each day.  Just to be sure."


With a cheeky smile, "I hope you're not thinking about knocking me out as well." Melock becomes a bit more serious, "Did anyone find out anything else that can help us find Delenda?"
GM
 GM, 11295 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 12:59
Re: New Pavis
Amara and Grundar explain how they and Becx with the their new Troll friends have managed to find out that in one weeks time Delenda will be auctioned off to the highest bidder at the Troll Break Market.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4001 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 13:47
Re: New Pavis
"So what's the plan, try another rescue, try to buy her, or do nothing? Assuming there is a plan of course."

"Or you plan on buying her, remember her ransom is 30 sable."

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:49, Wed 18 Apr 2018.

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2891 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 16:01
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar shudders at the mention of possible rescue.

Steal her off the Uz on their own ground? With their spirits and magics flowing?
Nah. Just not sensible, much as I'd love to give their war god one in the eye after he stole my...ah...anyway.

I say we should bid. Um. Prices round here. Thirty Sables at...ah...yes. We could likely pay five hundred and still be up when the ransom's met. And that's if the beasts we get are only good for eating.


He looks over at Amara and Grundar. Did your information include what the bidding's been like lately?
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 650 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 20:58
Re: New Pavis
Temush speaks up, saying "I don't know that it helps, but I heard folks near the strange shrines say that the trolls in the Rubble are more of a threat now. They send raids to the place called Manside."

Pulling an awkward face, he hurries on 'What is our aim with this? do we think to make a buck at the buy low sell high game? I think Becx does not like such trade goods. If they are too strong to raid get her, then why do we not just tell the Sables the tale and let them bid for her ? It is a red face to own up that we had her and lost her, but that is how it went. Should we not face it? I beg your pardon Amara, I see you want to help a friend. But if they knew the score would her own clan not be more help to her than we can be?"
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3601 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 00:20
Re: New Pavis
Amara shook her head "The sables are matriarchal...and Delenda has gone against their traditions by renouncing the path chosen for her and taking her own. They have not come to terms with that yet...but we may well make blood enemies unless we can return Delenda unharmed. It...weakens our position as the Keepers of the Green and in all who might deal with us. It shows we are weak...and weak we may well be, but no-one will take us seriously." She sighed "I do not know what a right answer here might be. I only know I want my friend back regardless of the cost...and preferably before the week is up. What are relationships between the elves and trolls like? Is there a way we might leverage that? I feel sorry for my friend, but I feel that involving her clan might cause us no end of problems."
Kobal
 player, 2141 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 04:12
Re: New Pavis
"Firstly," says Kobal, "I think the safest option is to bid for Delenda at the auction.  I don't know where this Troll Break Market is, but I wager it's in the Big Rubble and there'll be lots of trolls about.  The odds of rescuing her with weapons and magic are low.  I wonder if our helping those two trolls a week ago will help us in any way."

He turns to Temush.  "As to what our aim is, well, she is a friend, at least to some of us.  Also, Delenda has dedicated herself to the Earth, whose cause we are also sworn to, and came from the Earth Temple with us, so that is another reason we should try to rescue her.  We can ask others for help, but I don't think we can surrender the duty to someone else."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4002 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 07:30
Re: New Pavis
"Aldryami and Uz hate each other, I know that from my time as an Enlo. This season i doubt you'll get any to help though, it is the time for trolls. Not unless you can persuade them that it'd be so surprising to the trolls that they'd certainly win"

Then to Amara's other point he responds. "The flip side of that is we get a reputation as an easy source of riches, just grab one of us and wait for the treasures to flow."
Melock
 player, 4662 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 07:47
Re: New Pavis
"It'll be easier to buy her back than fight all those trolls and we'll be able to look round their market and get some unusual gear."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 651 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 08:44
Re: New Pavis
Having listened to the explanations, Temush sounds less doubtful "Well if she can't count on her own clan to get her out then we should help. As Kobal says we ought to join up with the Earth priestesses here. We could pool our fund and have less folk to bid up the price. What can Becx find out on who else might aim to bid?"
GM
 GM, 11296 posts
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 09:33
Re: New Pavis
As they talk the Rangers have crossed town and are now reaching the edge of Riverside...
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2892 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 11:09
Re: New Pavis
You've seen Troll Break, Kobal, even if you don't know its name Hoskar remarks. Remember that big gap in the old city walls as we were journeying here? That's the Break, and the market's inside there.

He looks round the group. I have my own reason for wanting to help Delenda too. Guilty about my past. If anyone can think of a way it might help, I might have a way to wangle a favour off Broosta for the information I gave her.

Seeing how far they've walked, he adds No Uz talk in there around Tassels the Dryad: the races definitely don't get on.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4003 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 11:26
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee glances at Amara "How do you know her clan knows her chosen path? Have you been talking to them?"

Then, realising where they are already, he smiles and greets a local who seems to know him by the returned greeting.