OOC 3.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: archive U
Ryan Fox
 Ryan Fox, 615 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 07:42
Re: OOC 3
...Sigh.
Nancy Pride
 player, 507 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 07:59
Re: OOC 3
On the plus side, the Rule of Cool is on his side.

Nancy Pride rolled 1 success using 1d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 6.  Soak.

So Nancy soaks against the bullet.  Nancy doesn't need Cool as she apparently has a bit of luck working for her at the moment.
Lock Jaw
 player, 435 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 08:06
Re: OOC 3
Hold up that distance isnít what I first thought it was going to be. Canít I spend a willpower to change my action?
Nancy Pride
 player, 508 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 08:29
Re: OOC 3
quote:
Changing an Action
Once you declare an action, that action is usually set.
However, under drastic circumstances (a grenade tossed
at a characterís feet, a packmate in mortal danger, etc.),
you may change your characterís declared activity. In such
cases, add one to the difficulty of that new task, as your
character reacts to meet the new challenge.


You need permission.

Though you'd be better off spending another rage to be in Crinos like you ought to be when doing stupid stuff, and then using that willpower point for Hare's Leap.

Nancy is herself in Crinos, so the cat's out of the bag at this point more or less, and you can always shift back to Glabro after you flying clothesline the spiral.
Storyteller
 GM, 1696 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 10:59
Re: OOC 3
In reply to Nancy Pride (msg # 950):

You are right Nancy and Lock-jaw the answer is No you may not change your action.
Here are my 2 reasons:

1. Most importantly is continuance I have not allowed change of actions unless necessary.

2. You have to be responsible for your choices. I felt for you the first time you jumped out of the car and got stung for being reckless. I agreed with your reasoning but not the delivery of not going after everyone that was behind the kidnapping of Nancy. Then when you have achieved your goal of talking some semblance of sanity into the group you go and do this...?

So as I see it you have 2 choices.

1. Harden up, throw everything you have at this, hares leap and spending willpower both are reflexive actions so is spending an additional rage to change if you really want to give yourself the best chance. Then prey you succeed knowing that if you succeed or not you are most likely facing a punishment rite in the near future for being a dumbass  and disobeying your alpha again. You were warned. If you do this, you had better go for capture not kill because only good intel could soften the likely punishment instore for you.

2. Don't spend anything and botch as best you can taking the damage while looking like a fool in front of your pack mates all those sympathy points you have gained previously likely as not lost. Hopefully they will forgive you as you will be taking damage and looking like a fool but at least you may be forgiven enough not to have to undergo further retribution.

Either way I am going to be docking your quota of temporary renown by 2 wisdom puting you further from the target of gaining a permanent wisdom and getting you off the dung heap.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:04, Mon 26 Mar 2018.

Leaf Storm
 player, 349 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 23:22
Re: OOC 3
*feeling Ryan's pain*
Lock Jaw
 player, 436 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 20:35
Re: OOC 3
I have a reply to all this need time but I have made my rolls
Storyteller
 GM, 1697 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 23:51
Re: OOC 3
In reply to Lock Jaw (msg # 953):

Thanks lock-jaw 24 hours work for you?
Lock Jaw
 player, 437 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 11:35
Re: OOC 3
So I thought that I would Respond to a few things..

You have made a good call on the continuance. This I think is uber important.

Be responsible? I have always taken responsibility for my actions, and this is why I followed through with may action rather than fold to your veiled threats of a punishment rite for going against the "Alpha's plan".

WHAT PLAN?!

Do you mean his info on mind speak?

quote:
"Alright. Get ready. The man who captured Nancy is no moron, and he almost certainly has a gun. He's also using poisons...and there aren't too many of those that work on us. But he's got one that does, so watch out for that. He won't have backup here, but there are civilians watching, so remember the Veil and the Litany when you make your move. The Delirium can only do so much if somebody pulls out a cellphone."


Or this statement after the ST finally requested Ryans action??

quote:
"We just need to pick Nancy up and go. Pull up alongside, keep the door open for her to jump in. She can probably rip her way out herself. Be prepared to rip the door open for her and grab her if she can't."


Yep this is what we need to do, but where's the PLAN! Sorry Ryan but your plans hold no water with me. Now if you had said,

"We just need to pick Nancy up and go. Luke drive us as close to Nancy as possible bringing the side door along side her. I will open the door. Lockjaw you help Nancy get in Leaf you back him up if she has the welp following her as she said. Shadowclaw keep Jimmy safe."

This would have been a "Plan" you have addressed and made all roles clear. It may not have covered all possibilities but at least it has addressed the group and would have been clear. What you said didn't really address anyone in particular.

My next issue is that this could have been done or said within the 36 hours that the ST gave us to do some sort of plan... Instead this is done after the initiative is rolled and your action as you were going last was asked for. I suspect that even if Lock jaw acted after Ryan (thus naming his action first but acting after) he would still be accused of going against the alpha instruction even though there would be nothing he could do by that time ryan posted this "Comment" (I will not call it a plan) to address the issue. I would like you to note I stayed true to my action that was posted within the time frame you gave ST, and I at least posted within your requested time too. I believe I and luke were the only ones to do so.

So as a result I look forward to being put in trial by my elders. I thought about more than just getting Nancy back. oh and she has the guys laptop. Do you really think he wouldn't chace us for that, and as he does, call for some backup on a mobile. Hey nancy would you let someone take your machine??? So then we would have a whole group of wyrm fiends (I assume are BSD) following us to our airport mission. Yeah great planning...

If anything you should be giving me some wisdom renown not taking it away and some glory to boot. Why? Because it was Lockjaw that could foresee that dangers in leaving this guy conscious and alive behind us. It has been Lockjaw that risked himself to address the problems none of you wanted too. Not only that he has done it like a BOSS.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:13, Wed 28 Mar 2018.

Lock Jaw
 player, 438 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 11:39
Re: OOC 3
06:33, Today: Lock Jaw rolled 2 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed, Specialised system with a target of 6, rerolling 10s.  Soak 4 dice self damage.

06:21, Today: Lock Jaw rolled 7 successes using 20d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6.  Bashing damage to whelp.

06:07, Today: Lock Jaw rolled 1 success using 20d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6.  Bashing damage to whelp.

06:02, Today: Lock Jaw rolled 2 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6.  Keep footing after ultimate clothes line tackle of peril .

05:33, Today: Lock Jaw rolled 2 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 7.  Flying tackle of ultimate pain .

05:31, Today: Lock Jaw rolled 2 successes using 9d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 7.  Hares leap.

05:29, Today: Lock Jaw rolled 11 successes using 8d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed, Specialised system with a target of 3, rerolling 10s.  Jump of foolishness .

This message was last edited by the player at 12:09, Wed 28 Mar 2018.

Lock Jaw
 player, 439 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 12:03
Re: OOC 3
And furthermore where were the rest of you??

36 hours and not a peep not a plan?

Hey LJ is the omega he's got to do what everyone above him says yet not one of you gave him any instruction?  Was there a whisper or even a whimper? I don't know if he can even be taken seriously if he did bring a plan to the pack, so low is his status.

No I say not.

Toot right he will speak up when he thinks yer being a dillberry and vehemently at that. As you have all seen, and why not he is a GET.

You all know what a hot head he is and if there is NO PLAN! damn straight he will do what he thinks is best for the pack and the situation.

I say drag LJ before the elders I am sure he'll probably be too inept to lawyer up but if he does I say he has a shot.

At least he pulled of the most awesome clothesline tackle ever. Like a BOSS.
Storyteller
 GM, 1698 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 18:53
Re: OOC 3
LJ

You make some valid points and points that you should be taking up with your pack. I have 2 things to add.

First: talk is free meaning it is a free action and as long as it happens before your action it happens at the time you type it.

Second:
quote:
"We just need to pick Nancy up and go. Pull up alongside, keep the door open for her to jump in. She can probably rip her way out herself. Be prepared to rip the door open for her and grab her if she can't."


Is clear enough to constitute an instruction of intent to the whole pack. If you want to nitpick I agree Ryan hasn't given direct instruction to anyone, and this is ambiguous. Ryan didn't say,

quote:
"We just need to pick Nancy up, get rid of this guy and go."


This is what seems pass for a plan in your group. If you don't like it that way you need to be active in changing it too the pack is made up of more than the alpha.

The 36 hours and no posts from anyone that on the other hand...?

The wisdom loss isn't for not thinking about those things you have mentioned which are a set of valid points and should have been considered in the 36 hours prior to this going down. But because when an intention of action for the pack as a whole was set out by Ryan. You again ignored it even after being warned twice once by Ryan and then by your totem.

Moving on:

As for the result of the actions I will post them soon.


09:49, Yesterday: Storyteller, for the NPC Dark-spark, botched using 2d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 1,1.  Soak.

09:46, Yesterday: Storyteller, for the NPC Dark-spark, botched using 3d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 8 with rolls of 2,4,1.  Dex + athletics remain standing.

09:42, Yesterday: Storyteller failed (no successes) using 4d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 6,1,6,1.  Self Damage for lockjaw.

Leaf you will need to wait for the next round as your afore stated action was,

quote:
Already being in Homid Leaf was capable of regenerating. Granted it wasn't his war-form, but he wasn't defenseless. They didn't want to put too much strain on the vehicle. Too many Chrinos shaped Garou could make a car give up a ghost real quick. If things escalated to true combat, then Leaf would react. Hopefully they could get in and out without issues. If not, then they had to move quick and finish the fight.

Since the Alpha had a plan, Leaf followed until that plan went to shit.


As you are reacting to this round I will move you to the top of the initiative que for the start of the second round.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:55, Wed 28 Mar 2018.

Nancy Pride
 player, 509 posts
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 19:23
Re: OOC 3
Worth noting.

Nancy did ask for help dealing with the spiral.  She didn't explicitly say he needed to be taken out, but his status as a threat was made clear and assistance was requested.  She's stumbling along like a newborn pup, and she's in her war form so context should say she's justifiably worried he's potentially going to hinder her escape and she's in no condition to effectively deal with it.

Ryan outlined the top priority was getting Nancy and getting to the airport.  However he also said "It isn't particularly important to kill the enemy, though that's better than not".
Storyteller
 GM, 1701 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 19:49
Re: OOC 3
In reply to Nancy Pride (msg # 959):

Again this comes down to the packs ability to plan and communicate. How you deal with Lockjaw will be up to you all. As I said I agree with some points Lock~jaw has made and if you took him to trial and he got a quick witted person to speak for him I agree he would have a good shot at winning.

The combat is over the spiral is out cold and will be for a couple of hours. Please feel free to return to your regularly scheduled program. THis means open posting once again.

Leaf are you sure you want to continue with your aforementioned action?? I would suggest some editing.
Ryan Fox
 Ryan Fox, 620 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 00:45
Re: OOC 3
Since Luke and Sean are unplayed, I'm sending them to the Sept with the BSD so we don't have to explain why they're doing nothing all the time.

If they get players, they'll simply umbra back to rejoin us.
Nancy Pride
 player, 511 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 01:11
Re: OOC 3
That's a really good plan.
Storyteller
 GM, 1703 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 03:55
Re: OOC 3
So what I would like from the pack are your next course of action. please remember that you are all on a time constraint so I am going to allow the next 48 hours to get all your posts in. This is a chance to communicate and get those little things done, before I move things along to the airport scene.

Please get on with it. Be Clear and succinct.

I will move things quickly as I am "studying" all weekend so I am at my computer. I would like to see actions written not just what you are saying to each other.
Storyteller
 GM, 1705 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 06:36
Re: OOC 3
Ryan are you telling Luke and Sean to go via the umbra? I just noticed this so it wasn't clear to me ..

quote:
"Alright. Luke, Sean, keep the Spiral unconscious, get him to the Sept and let the Elders interrogate him. He can probably resist us, but he won't resist them. Take the computer Nancy brought with you. They'll have Glass Walkers to figure that one out. You'll want to hit the Umbra sooner rather than later."

Ryan Fox
 Ryan Fox, 623 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 07:28
Re: OOC 3
Basically, 'who's closer.'

I'm trying to minimize the time it takes them to drop the prisoner and valuable information off.
Storyteller
 GM, 1706 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 07:39
Re: OOC 3
In reply to Ryan Fox (msg # 967):

The wind catcher sept is the one in town you dropped marcus off at. Are you going to give Luke and Sean any message? (This was also the Cern that Nancy said Dark~spark mentioned an assault against)
Ryan Fox
 Ryan Fox, 624 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 07:40
Re: OOC 3
In reply to Storyteller (msg # 968):

Yeah, hold on.
Luke Robinson
 Luke Robinson, 235 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 21:37
Re: OOC 3

This message was deleted by the player at 13:48, Sat 31 Mar 2018.

Luke Robinson
 Luke Robinson, 237 posts
 Children of Gaia
 Homid Galliard
Sat 31 Mar 2018
at 13:49
Re: OOC 3
Hey there, original Leafstorm/Luke player here, nice to be back.

Btw. we should probably get a new OOC thread.
Leaf Storm
 player, 355 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 31 Mar 2018
at 14:26
Re: OOC 3
hey original Leaf... this is the current Leaf... *lol* glad to meet ya. I might hit you up to get a better feel as to what Leaf's original ideals were. *lol* I did change his sheet from what you had it. Lost some of the original gifts, but trying to get them back via XP expenditure... *lol*
Storyteller
 GM, 1709 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Sat 31 Mar 2018
at 21:00
Re: OOC 3
Ok starting a new OOC thread please move all out of character talk there also in your breed form you donít heal that quickly