Terminal fun.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: archive U
Nancy Pride
 player, 485 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 03:34
Re: Terminal fun
Storyteller:
I strongly advise that you use this first 3 minutes wisely, within the bounds of what you can do.


Storyteller:
you need to be posting it in your own words.


OOC: This is what she's doing for the "first 3 minutes" as posted "in [my] own words".

Nancy Pride:
Once Nancy had established a foothold into the car's systems, she paused to mentally query her tablet's GPS chip and get a location, direction of travel, and approximate speed, and relayed it to the rest of the pack.

With the time dilation occurring due to her working mentally rather than physically with the hardware she set a reminder to get an update on that information every 60 seconds so she could continue to update her pack on her location and path of travel, hopefully enabling them to catch up to her.

In between updates she continued her hack and did her best to breathe as little as possible.


OOC: She's engaging in the hacking extended action, which as outlined previously she can not abort from, not that she has any IC reason to abort from it as outlined in your OOC definition of her understanding of her situation and its effect on herself physiologically.

She is then doing the following, as approved by you.


quote:
Get current location either via subtly looking up at street signs & addresses through window or querying GPS from tablet (goal is to continue ruse that she's barely conscious)

Yes: happy to class this as a move action equivalent.

quote:
Relay location/direction to pack mentally

Yes: This is a free action, but you need to be posting it in your own words.


OOC: As I don't know where the car is, I left it generally, so you could update the pack, or provide me with a location to give them.  At this point I am simply going to have Nancy finish the hack, which she is obligated to do, and to continue to keep her pack updated on her location so they can get to her.  I don't know how long each "round" currently is, and how many "move action equivalents" she would get if they're particularly long.  The "60 seconds" was just a flavorful estimate meant to convey she was updating the pack as frequently as mechanically allowed to do so while engaging in the Hacking Extended Action.

I have completely given up on trying to fit all of this into any semblance of a coherent timeline at this point.

Once you have informed me that the hack is finished, and thus she is free to do something else, I will then decide on what her next course of action is.

Storyteller
 GM, 1632 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 04:25
Re: Terminal fun
Thanks sorry to be a pain I didn't realise you were re-posting for the current turn that makes much more sense now.

:)

1. You get hit by knockout gas rendering you helpless as your strength goes to 0 incapacitated.

2. You figure something is up and start to hold your breath while incapacitated.

3. You access you computer and reach out in a cyber way.

4.  Sean sees the car disappear around the corner and raising the alarm starts after you on foot.

This all occurs in the first 20 seconds and the driver makes his first right turn

5.  You're slapped...

6. Running out of breath you change to glabro. Taking some shallow breaths you succeed in not falling unconscious and take no damage, you return to your hacking strength = 1 (-2) from gas at this stage.

7. You continue your hack but can move weakly if you need to.

8. Pack gets their asses into gear and start chasing you

This all occurs in the next 60 seconds and the driver makes a left turn turn

9.
quote:
(Once Nancy had established a foothold into the car's systems, she paused to mentally query her tablet's GPS chip and get a location, direction of travel, and approximate speed, and relayed it to the rest of the pack.)


10. You have to breath again dropping your str to 0 and incapacitating you again.

11. Pack makes the first right turn in the van.

This is the 2 min mark


12. the alarm you set chimes and you can inform the pack of where you are .. I need to get a street name for you so please be patient with me.

13. you finish your hack and the turn finishes.


This is an overview of the whole 3 minutes Nancy I am sorry this has been so confusing it wasn't meant to be. Before you post for your next turn I will take some time to outline things a little better. So please don't post IC for your next turn yet so we don't have a re-occurrence of this.

Nancy Pride
 player, 486 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 21:36
Re: Terminal fun
OOC: Just for future reference, as this is the 3rd or 4th scene in which time, and the timing of actions/story advancements became completely confused, you might want to begin heavily segmenting things into distinct Turns using OOC notes, then calling for actions just like you do during Combat when these situations come up.

Yes, it's not a combat situation, but it seems like it would help keep things organized and hopefully prevent the mass confusion that seems to happen every time narrative bleeds over into mechanically significant segmented periods of time.  It really doesn't seem like it would slow down the posting rate either, if anything it might speed things up by giving people a specific segment in which they either need to post within or declare no action/get skipped.

Storyteller
 GM, 1633 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 22:27
Re: Terminal fun
In reply to Nancy Pride (msg # 28):

Nancy,

I would like to let you know how thankful I am, that you came on board to play. I have found that you are patient and insightful, fair with your criticism and a real boon to this game. All I can say is thank you I will do something up and post it in the a guide to posting I as always will appreciate any input you put in as thus far it has always been astute. This isn't just me saying this. Luke, lock-jaw, Sean and Ryan have all mentioned how knowledgeable you are and I think this is why they keep coming to you before taking actions.

FYI: I looked back at the original requests sent to me by Nancy's creator, The reason she was made a Philodox is at the time there was a theurge in the pack and she didn't want to overlap though she was wanting to be a theurge.

Again thankyou.

ST

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:27, Thu 20 Oct 2016.

Storyteller
 GM, 1639 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 02:40
Re: Terminal fun
sorry about delays Nancy we are about to start turn 2 but I am just trying to formulate a what our friend the uber driver is about to say and also as complete an outline of your circumstances so you can make an informed decision as you will have control of the cars computer.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:23, Mon 07 Nov 2016.

Storyteller
 GM, 1640 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 00:22
Re: Terminal fun
The Driver casually drives through an s-bend bringing the car back up to 40mph as he continues to talk to you.

"..well someones calls an uber using her phone. It was child's play fer me to hijack that request. Ain't Marrow~Sucker going to be surprised when I turn up with your pretty little ass fer us and the boys to have some fun with before the assault ta'night. Marrow~sucker is sure ta give me some 'bones' for this! Then when we are finished with you and have taken the Windcatcher sept. Ol' Dark~spark and his pack will come back here and see who else other than that boy lives in that house, and after that we'll visit Miss Paterson. Oooh i see some fun times ahead."

The drivil this guy keeps spewing is making you sick or is that the gas. A message apears within the your mind.

"Access Granted ABS currently functioning normally."


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
OK lets lay down some parameters.

1. Turn length = 3 minutes
2. If you change to crinos or set off the ABS indicating to the driver you are doing sneaky sneaky things this reverts to a combat situation which I will indicate with a request for initiative. At which time I am going to have you rolling not auto healing for the gas and the strength boost from going crinos will only last a short time until the gas catches up with your change.
3. Currently the driver is not driving recklessly he has shown no indication that he believes he is being followed. He glances back to ensure you are conscious and as long as you are he will keep talking.
4. You are currently incapacitated due to the cumulative negative applied to your physical stats when you change to crinos your physical stats will become STR = 2, DEX = 1, STA = 2 for as long as you can hold your breath after that if you are not out of the gas they will all drop by 1 rendering you incapacitated again as your dex will be 0.
5. You are currently in no physical danger with full mental capabilities.
6. You have full control of the cars ABS.
7. You are able to talk both mentally to your pack and verbally to the driver should you choose.
8. You have your computer tracking your location as shown on map for group 5. an alarm will sound each minute so you can relay info to the pack but I will update the map once please.

I think I have covered every thing can you think of anything else before you start your next turn??



This message was last edited by the GM at 00:24, Mon 07 Nov 2016.

Nancy Pride
 player, 488 posts
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 09:24
Re: Terminal fun
Nancy sat tight, doing her best to keep up her act as she tried to coordinate a plan with the rest of the pack.
Storyteller
 GM, 1661 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 00:22
Re: Terminal fun
OOC: Ok since none of the characters knows what the Uber ride you are in looks like it will be up to you to direct them.

This is all simple as you are tracking your root on the gps. The Uber ride follows North central avenue until the intersection at North Caldwell Rd where you stop. You can hear the sound of Railway crossing bells going off behind you, so you know you have crossed the railway as your GPS confirms.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:53, Wed 14 Mar 2018.

Storyteller
 GM, 1669 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 21:43
Re: Terminal fun
As the car sits idling at the lights "Dark~Spark" grabs his laptop and starts typing quickly while he incessantly jabbers to you.

"Now while we be traveling I'll check on me worms. See how they be going with miss Patterson."

He types fast hitting enter just as the lights turn green and traffic once again begins to move forward. He puts his laptop to one side giving you the thumbs up as the paralyzing wyrm toxin continues to keep you incapacitated.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:48, Wed 14 Mar 2018.

Nancy Pride
 player, 493 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2018
at 10:59
Re: Terminal fun
ooc: In think I kind of remember what was going on and what I had planned for Nancy now.  At least in the immediate situation.  The airport will require more re-reading, assuming I actually iterated potential plans at some point.

Ok, so Nancy is sending updates on her position to the pack at roughly 60 second intervals, or whenever a route change occurs, whatever happens first.

It would be good to know where she is now in actual terms so I can post that info IC and they can compare it to the map location you told them to reference.

Storyteller
 GM, 1670 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Thu 15 Mar 2018
at 11:13
Re: Terminal fun
In reply to Nancy Pride (msg # 35):

See msg #33

quote:
This is all simple as you are tracking your root on the gps. The Uber ride follows North central avenue until the intersection at North Caldwell Rd where you stop. You can hear the sound of Railway crossing bells going off behind you, so you know you have crossed the railway as your GPS confirms.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:38, Thu 15 Mar 2018.

Storyteller
 GM, 1672 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Sun 18 Mar 2018
at 01:19
Re: Terminal fun
Dark~spark now moving again with the flow of traffic turns around to continue his dialogue with you. His attention more on you than on the road the drivel continues to spill from his lips.

"Well the good news is that they are progressing, a child wolf like yourself growing up with with your elders preaching their crap about the trees and the wyld those friggin tree hugging hypocrites, they don't see the power you children have been given. You learn from a young age to play games on these fantastic tools and you have no clues what power you hold in your hands, it is more important to get another like on your facebook. But NOW you see, ol' Dark~spark is schooling you. Another few hours I'll know all about Ms Paterson and her schemes then Marrow~sucker will lead we toxic-reavers in the destruction of her pack. *HEHEheee-wheeeze*"

He turns back to the road just in time to swerve into the right lane missing a slowing car ahead.
Nancy Pride
 player, 495 posts
Sun 18 Mar 2018
at 06:45
Re: Terminal fun
OOC: I should probably give a description of the car to the rest of the pack at this point.  I don't think I've done that yet.  What's the color and make of it?

Nancy's head lolled a bit before one eye blinked slowly, and then the other, out of sequence.  The movement of her head might have been a nod of agreement, or simply her drugged up equilibrium trying to compensate for the bit of erratic driving.
Storyteller
 GM, 1673 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Mon 19 Mar 2018
at 04:56
Re: Terminal fun
The vehicle was a Toyota Rav 4 SUV Gold in colour. It looked in fairly good condition under 5 years of age you would estimate without looking at the VIN number.
Nancy Pride
 player, 500 posts
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 19:11
Re: Terminal fun
As they rolled along Nancy kept a mental eye on the GPS, and a physical eye for the next red light or stop sign, so she could enact her plan.  When I tell you, please activate our hack on the car to permanently activate the brakes.  She instructed the spider in her tablet.

She then waited for her moment.
Storyteller
 GM, 1682 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 23:35
Re: Terminal fun
OOC: OK I took your hint I have given some distances and a map. you're stoped at the stop sign and you can enact your plan. Things to note:

1. One you will get a surpise round.
2. The doors are currently locked (central locking)
3. There is no screen between you and the driver.
4. Your Pack is 120' away when you stop at the stop sign.

Can't think of anything else just now did I miss anything?

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:37, Wed 21 Mar 2018.

Nancy Pride
 player, 501 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 03:36
Re: Terminal fun
OOC: Since I'm going to be rolling things, I'll need to know what Nancy's physical stats are at, currently, based on the gas and how much damage, if any, she's currently suffering between the damage the gas is inflicting, and her holding her breathe for intervals to allow her natural regeneration to fight back against it.
Storyteller
 GM, 1685 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 04:06
Re: Terminal fun
ooc: as stated previously the gas effects your physical stats but doesn't continue to decrease them once they are 0 and as you are in glabro you are basically healing any bashing damage you are taking every round. So as a result you are at 0 health boxes damage but 0 on all your physical stats which is keeping you from moving.

Now when you change to crinos you will regain 2str, 1dex, and 1sta. This will give you time to unlock and open the door to throw yourself out.
Nancy Pride
 player, 503 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 14:21
Re: Terminal fun
Nancy slowly took in a deep breathe and then pauses a moment as her vision swam from the effects of the gas before her garou physiology kicked in, doing its best to try and fight it.

As she forced herself to change she instructed her spider, Now!, and tapped into all the feelings of anger that had been brewing ever since she stepped so blindly into the spiral's trap.

With her body shifting and shedding enough fatigue from the gas to get her moving she simultaneously grabbed Dark~spark's laptop from the front passenger seat with one hand and used her other to force the door open.

Bailing out on the passenger side she immediately began to run as quickly as her inhibited body would take her in the direction she hoped the rest of her pack was in.

OOC: So, spending 1 willpower to get an automatic success to change forms, since her primal urge + stamina pool before the change was at 1.  Also spending a point of Rage for an extra action to both grab the laptop and get out the door.
Storyteller
 GM, 1687 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 06:53
Re: Terminal fun
In reply to Nancy Pride (msg # 44):

OOC: Nancy I am taking This as your action

Surprise round : Changeform- Roll one dice (sta (0) + Prim Urge (1)
                 tell net spider to activate

Initiative roll: please roll 1d10+ current-Dex (1) + wits (4)

Round one: Spend 1 rage for extra action
           Grab Dark~sparks laptop and open door
           Role out of car running south hopefully toward your following pack.

I hope that is correct as this how I read your post

As you have told the group that you are acting anyone who states actions before the cutoff will be acting in round one with you as you exit the vehicle. else round 2.

Storyteller
 GM, 1688 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 07:32
Re: Terminal fun
OOC Nice roll
Nancy Pride
 player, 504 posts
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 07:37
Re: Terminal fun
OOC: Should have broken it into combat actions to make that clearer, my fault.

Pre-surprise Round Non-Action: Tell Pack she's going.

Surprise Round: Spending 1 Rage for an extra action, 1 Willpower for an automatic success

Non-Action: Tell spirit to activate car hack.

Action 1: Shifting to Crinos.  This is Stamina(0) + Prim Urge (1), but she's spending 1 Willpower for an automatic success, so the roll is moot.

Action 2: Grab the laptop

Initiative: Dex(1)+Wits(4)=15
Nancy Pride rolled 15 using 1d10+5 with rolls of 10.  Init

Round 1 and(?) Round 2: Get out of the car, Begin sprinting towards the rest of the pack.

This is a bit hazy, since getting out of the car is probably an automatic action, and moving more than a yard or two is also an automatic action.  If taken in the same round, there would be a dice penalty, but neither are rolled for... so it's ST discretion I'd say as to whether she can both get out of the car, and move a meaningful distance in a single round or not.



Storyteller
 GM, 1690 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 00:17
Re: Terminal fun
In reply to Nancy Pride (msg # 47):

Thank You please still roll the one die for the change as long as you don't roll one everything will be fine but a one will cancel the one auto success but you won't botch.
Nancy Pride
 player, 505 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 04:35
Re: Terminal fun
Nancy Pride failed (no successes) using 1d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 5.  not a 1.
Storyteller
 GM, 1692 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 02:50
Re: Terminal fun
"You little bitch!" says darkspark when he realises you have changed taken the laptop and opened the door. Too late to act before you going to get out of the car he reaches under his seat and grabs his Ruger Blackhawk. Then opening his door he he steps out onto the road leveling his gun at Nancy he simply says. "No one touches Dark-sparks computer!." *BAM* He fires willing to kill than let his laptop be violated.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Spend a rage, to get gun and open door and get out. Then action of firing the gun. 

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:43, Mon 26 Mar 2018.