The evening hunt.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 505 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Fri 22 Jan 2021
at 02:27
The evening hunt
Shaking his head as Ryan was talking, Luke's body won't be able to be recovered. It was incinerated during the explosion near the room Nancy was in. Then we sent the last RPG round into the terminal,  or the tower itself. It was a little hazy due to trying to save everyone in the end.

You're the Alpha, if you want I can send either LJ or Nancy after Jimmy, or go there myself and let Nancy talk in your stead. Unless you plan to meet at the Caern. I think Great Boar might be willing to get you there quickly to meet us.

Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 722 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Fri 22 Jan 2021
at 05:29
The evening hunt
"I'll assess the situation further when I get there. The Pack is strongest as a pack, and leaving one of us to face leeches alone is arguably worse than Jimmy running off in the first place.

And if Luke was cremated, well, that was the burial of kings back in the day. That shall have to do for honoring him, at least till we can get back to the Sept long enough to sing of him.
"
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 507 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 23 Jan 2021
at 06:52
The evening hunt
Turning to Natasha, "Our Alpha has awoken. He will meet us at your Sept. He also enquired about a healer upon arriving. Upon his arrival, he will speak for the Silver Tusks."

Sitting back Leaf seemed to relax a little.

"So you are the mouth piece for your pack? The diplomat?"
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 653 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sun 24 Jan 2021
at 01:20
The evening hunt
Nodding her head as she drove, Natasha turned her head his way ever so slightly to respond with a modicum of respect,

"I do what my Alpha needs, whatever that may be." she answered simply, and then tried to explain further, "I have full authority to speak on the behalf of Gnuris, but I choose not to often out of respect. I recognize that his direction in conversation would often be different than my own, so I speak only so far as to get us, and the other party, together at once." she said, and it was blatantly obvious that she was very respect-oriented, and maintained that despite whatever she may think of what was going on. She was also quite talented at only releasing the information she felt would answer the question without giving away too much information.

The thing was, this wolf seemed intelligent and... honorable? She sensed it from him, and the way the others looked at him, so she trusted him quite a bit more than an average stranger.

"Tell me, and plainly please, as I do not wish to lose time with subtle debates." she said politely, "What is your pack's goal when meeting mine? Is it simply retrieval, or are we entering this with the possibility of alliance, and working as one? If so, is it only against this outside threat, or longer term?" she asked, covering a few things she needed to know, and it was obvious from her body language she was willing to be just as open in return if he indulged her.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 508 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sun 24 Jan 2021
at 01:53
The evening hunt
Listening Leaf responded, "I don't speak for our Alpha. My intention was just to sort out the issue with our Beta. We delivered the BSD and his computer. It was important to inform the Wind Catcher's about the upcoming assault. Last thing we need was to lose another Caern and her protectors to the Wyrm's assault. As to the idea of a possible Alliance, that is for our Alpha to discuss with yours. I am relaying all information you bring up to us and what I say to him as we travel so he is prepared for the meeting. So if there are rules for travel and introduction that he should know, I would appreciate a heads-up."

As he says this, he is telling Ryan via mindspeak so he is up to date on all that is being discussed. If Ryan needs to say something, Leaf will say it to Natasha.
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 654 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sun 24 Jan 2021
at 08:29
The evening hunt
Smiling, almost in a sad way, Natasha nodded,

"Understood, calm one. It is unfortunate that I cannot speak directly with your Alpha, but very understandable. Just..." she paused, thinking very carefully, "Understand that Gnuris trusts me to speak on his behalf, but he is the one in control." she said, awkwardly dancing around something. Truthfully, her job wasn't an easy one,

"He will speak, but you sort of..." she searched the air for the words, but kept coming up with unreasonably dangerous percentages that these words would get back to Gnuris, and get her beaten, so she stopped herself with a sheepish smile,

"Nevermind. You will understand when he is met. I will notify Gnuris about a newcomer, singular, coming after us." she smiled, trying to be as pleasant as she could. She knew this was always awkward learning new traditions and such.
Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 724 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Mon 25 Jan 2021
at 02:33
The evening hunt
"I'm walking through the Umbra...once you pull over somewhere far enough from the Weaver I'll rejoin you."

He's been letting his werewolf forms do as much of the healing as they will.
Storyteller
 GM, 2095 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 01:20
The evening hunt
Ryan enters the the umbra leaving shadowclaw at the house incase Jimmy or the rest of the family returned. He finds the great Boar waiting for him. the boar heals the remainder of his wounds speaking with him directly,
Meanwhile in the "beast" driven by Natasha and the rest of the pack hurtle toward the Windcatcher Sept. Leafstorm converses silently with his pack and playing the roll of alpha is relieved when Ryan finally has awakened and is responding to the pack through the mighty boar. Natasha is trying to gage this new pack, an unknown quantity for her sept. Nancy voices her opinions with her mind. Lockjaw seems to have become sullen and quiet.

OOC: what is the next move guys? Need some actions posted or will move on to you arriving at the sept?
Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 657 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 01:25
The evening hunt
"If you could pull over before we reach the outer boundaries of the caern, that would be helpful."  Nancy suddenly stated out loud to Natasha.

"Our Alpha is on his way and it would be better to rendezvous before we arrive if we can."  She explained.
Lock Jaw
 Werewolf, 563 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 01:36
The evening hunt
Lockjaw leans forward still sullen about not going after jimmy vetoed by Leafstorm. He speaks directly to Natasha,

"Alpha coming devushka, we go where veil is thin he come, sort mess out."

Lockjaw indicates Natasha should find a park or a place near by that the veil is thinner where their true alpha could join them.
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 655 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 05:18
The evening hunt
Following the direction of Lock Jaw, Natasha did NOT want to see what would happen if somebody disagreed with him in close quarters. Instead, she did exactly as asked, expecting to see the Alpha sooner, rather than later.

Once she'd pulled over, she slid the keys into her pocket, and stepped out of the car, waiting for the others,

"I understand, take your time. I hope he is of... sufficient condition to deal with Gnuris." she said, half-cautious, seemingly half-worried? Perhaps she was much more of an empath than many might guess, with her wolfen heritage.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 509 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 19:13
The evening hunt
Looking at LJ, If the situation was different big brother, we would be going after Jimmy. We lost Marcus, we just lost Luke. I won't let the possibility of Sean being lost as well. With our Alpha back, he might let us go after Jimmy. Maybe you and me. But this depends on what the Alpha decides. Understand brother, I didn't ignore or reject your words. I just don't want to lose anymore of our pack.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:13, Thu 28 Jan.

Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 725 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 21:27
The evening hunt
Ryan was discreet.

There was a clump of bushes that enclosed a small spot, and it was there Ryan stepped out of the Umbra, so nobody would see him actually do that. Then, he stepped out of the bushes and made his way towards his pack, and the messenger.

"It's very good to see you all again in person."

Ryan is in better condition then expected, the Great Boar having healed his wounds more thoroughly than could otherwise have happened on his own.

Natasha also catches his eye.

"It's nice to meet you, as well. I understand we have a meeting to attend to?"

He addresses the Jimmy matter for a moment.

"After the meeting with Gnuris, we will go after Jimmy...as a Pack. Divide and conquer is one of the primary techniques of the leeches. Let's not help them execute it. We're strongest together."

Eyeing the sky for a moment...

"We've lost enough blood. We will not lose any more if I can help it. Still, we promised. Honor demands we see Jimmy home safely."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:28, Thu 28 Jan.

Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 510 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 22:51
The evening hunt
Watching, Leaf nods, "You're the Alpha. Lead on."

Leaf understood the situation.  Granted he wanted to save his kin. However,  they could cover more ground as a pack. He just hoped Ryan also had his senses about him for the upcoming meeting.
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 656 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Fri 29 Jan 2021
at 04:27
The evening hunt
Glancing over at her hot-rod, Natasha raised an eyebrow,

"Excellent to make your acquaintance, but... I have 4 total seats, including the driver's. And that one..." she said, tilting her head towards Lock Jaw, "Would barely fit into a truck as it is. Any ideas?" she asked, wanting to subtly test their leader's ability to lead when there weren't any right answers.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 511 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Fri 29 Jan 2021
at 04:40
The evening hunt
Chuckling at the test. Leaf could make a couple of suggestions, but he was going to see how swiftly 2-legs could think on the spot.
Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 658 posts
Fri 29 Jan 2021
at 05:46
The evening hunt
Nancy, who hadn't gotten out of the car because she figured they were trying to be expedient, and clamoring in and out of the backseat of a two door coupe wasn't that, had still been paying some measure of attention.

Subtly she shifted down into Lupus and waited for everybody to get on with things already.
Lock Jaw
 Werewolf, 564 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Sat 30 Jan 2021
at 01:12
The evening hunt
Lockjaw doesn’t move, he doesn’t change as his wolf form is as large as his human form he looks at Natasha once the rest of the pack get into the car saying with his deep Russian accent,
“ Alpha says we go to sept we go now devushka.”

This message was last edited by the player at 01:36, Sat 30 Jan.

Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 726 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Sat 30 Jan 2021
at 21:30
The evening hunt
Ryan can only chuckle at the actions of his packmates.

"They seem to have solved the problem without a word being said. It is well enough. For some, exercising the wolf is a joy of its own.

I will ride with you. There are things I must know of Gnuris before we get there, you can fill me in on the way.
"

(OOC this presumes Nancy's wolf form is on the smaller end and it's now 4 people and a large canine.)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:51, Sat 30 Jan.

Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 514 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 30 Jan 2021
at 22:12
The evening hunt
Climbing in the back and letting Nancy lay across Leaf's and LJ's lap so she can stretch out, if needed. Otherwise Leaf keeps quiet as he is thinking of the upcoming meeting.
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 657 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 04:11
The evening hunt
Natasha wasn't even slightly surprised, in fact she appreciated the choice to keep the paws off of the leather seats. Hopping back in, she revved it up, and took off, wasting no time,

"You are welcome to ride, but I must ask: do you intend Gnuris any harm?" the question was so softly asked, and so calmly spoken that it was clear that she was just being direct. It was also clear that she didn't want harm to come to her pack, but she was just sensing that this man, whomever he may be, was willing to be upfront with her.

...and if he wasn't, Natasha could read liars like books, and she would protect Gnuris at all costs. Loyalty was not something missing in Natasha. Still, she hoped for a peaceful outcome, as these wolves seemed nice enough, and it would be pleasant to find a pack that was more... gentle than her own.
Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 727 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Tue 2 Feb 2021
at 02:08
The evening hunt
"Gnuris has not said or done anything to warrant harm. That I know of."

If something regarding him happened while he was unconscious, he figures someone will pipe up about it. In the meantime, though...it never entered his head to hurt Gnuris...or anyone, really. Well. Any servant of Gaia, at least.
Shadowclaw
 Werewolf, 332 posts
 Shadow Lord Cliath
 Lupus Ragabash
Mon 15 Feb 2021
at 19:56
The evening hunt
"Know what, seeing as Ryan no longer needs me to play nurse and you all went to the sept without me, how about I go track down our little friend Jimmy and keep an eye on him? If you need something to justify it, we might uncover something useful there. Worst case, atleast he has some chance to get out of this in one piece."

This was more of a formality, since Shadowclaw was already tracking down Jimmy ever since he left the house. This was more of a question whether he should stop.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:36, Mon 15 Feb.

Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 659 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Thu 18 Feb 2021
at 15:32
The evening hunt
Nodding her head, Natasha accepted that answer,

"Alright, then let us hope that Gnuris feels the same about you." she said, leaving it at that. She did NOT sound as confident as she did in Ryan's words, but there wasn't much to do about it, frankly. Gnuris may have been an ass, and the least likely leader she'd desire, but she was stuck, because her loyalty held her in place.
Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 732 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Thu 18 Feb 2021
at 18:05
The evening hunt
In reply to Shadowclaw (msg # 70):

"...If you're going to scout, use well your stealth. Remember you are extremely vulnerable by yourself, and you are not equipped to enter a leech lair on your own. But if you can find out where exactly Jimmy is going in the city, report back to us so we can investigate...as a Pack. But he who scouts must not try to be a lone wolf army. Am I clear?"

Ryan had to be very stern about that.