The evening hunt.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 2068 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 04:28
The evening hunt
TBA
Lock Jaw
 Player, 553 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 21:14
The evening hunt
"THEN VVE HUNT! If ryan no wake vve go yes Leafstorm?"
Says LJ angerly, his frustrations at the casualties at the airport obviously showing through.
Leaf Storm
 Player, 484 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 22:23
The evening hunt
Looking around and thinking. "If we hunt, we do it smart. We don't know who are vamps and who aren't. They hide in plain sight and can be very tricky to detect or root out. Some might be able to smell them, but it takes practice and time. I don't know how tired or run down you are, but I exerted myself severely during the battle. If we go out, we do it as recon. Get what scents we can. If we can strike safely and quickly, then we do it. Otherwise, we stake out various dens, gather instincts about what's there, and go back when we are better prepared. We already went into a silver laced battlefield and made it out of with serious losses. I don't want to go into another battlefield and lose more comrades and packmates."

Turning to Jimmy, "Rush Street you said. Can you look at a map, show me how far it goes, and we go from there. Nancy, keep looking at what you found. Let us know what is important. Until the Alpha comes around, I'm leading the pack as Ahroun. Once he is on his feet, let me know and I'll be more than happy to return command."
Nancy Pride
 Player, 646 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 06:55
The evening hunt
"Most of the information retrieved concerns logistics."  Nancy commented without looking up from what she was doing.

"Lists of past and future shipments of supplies an appointed group of vampires and or their ghouls have been tasked to intercept and commandeer for their war effort, as well as points of delivery for such supplies."  She explained.

"There's also a codename and associated address for a silver ammunition supplier they've been using.  Along with a hit list of our folks that's been distributed so the vamps can try to keep tabs on them and whether they're traveling to Chicago."

Continuing Nancy finished summarizing, "Most of the rest concerns O'Hare.  Communications with someone tasked with seeing to their interests there.  This Tyler is the reason they had the counter force we ran into on call at the site to begin with.  Though there's not a lot else in regards to what could be used to identify and track him down."
Leaf Storm
 Player, 485 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 11:12
The evening hunt
Looking over to Nancy, "Think a two man squad would be enough to hit the ammo supplier. Maybe take his stuff off the market and maybe see if we can get his contacts from his phone or computer? I am sure we could probably get it if we go through the Umbra and slip into his area. Maybe we can also take some items or plant some charges to blow the place up. Thoughts?"

Leaf understood he would be new at this Alpha thing, but he wanted options not just run in blind or full tilt without having insight that other tribes might be able to provide.
Nancy Pride
 Player, 647 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 14:10
The evening hunt
"A two person team would be enough to sit on this place and watch.  I don't have information on how this address links up with the supplier, only that it does.  It might just be a place where meetings are held, it might be where product is warehoused, might be his mother's house, no idea."  Nancy explained.

"Ideally we want both supplies and supplier shut down permanently, so until we know what the relationship is, and can actually identify the supplier, code named Friar Tuck, themselves, a raid on the address isn't advisable.  If this is just a throw away location a raid risks netting us no advantage and causing the supplier to go to ground or switch whatever operations were going on at the known address to another location."
Leaf Storm
 Player, 486 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 22:13
The evening hunt
Looking over to LJ, "What about you? Thoughts? We could stake it out from the nearby alleys or houses. Could take pics of people as they enter or leave that area. Pay attention to how many times certain cars might come by. Right now we have to be in observation mode. Then after we get the information we go into hunting mode. Other options or ideas? I'm open to input."

Leaf was taking the task seriously. He wanted to prove he wasn't just an unskilled, unthinking Ahroun. He wanted them to see his potential as well.
Storyteller
 GM, 2072 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Fri 1 Jan 2021
at 22:53
The evening hunt
There is the loud revving of a muscle car engine as a 2000 ford mustang pulls up out front of the house...
Natasha Novikova
 Player, 637 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Fri 1 Jan 2021
at 23:53
The evening hunt
Sliding the Mustang up comfortably in front of the home, Natasha knew she had arrived when she saw the others slinking around in the darkness.

Slowing to a crawl, to indicate a lack of violence on her part, Natasha knew better than going full rev into a pack of wolves not of her own clan.

When she pulled up fully, and put the Beast into park, she stepped out from the car, keys in hand, and her hands up in the air at each side of her, palms forward,

"I come to speak, not fight." she said flatly, her tone comfortable, even though she would be clearly outnumbered if things turned poorly. She was under no false impressions as to her role her, and she knew she'd survive if she kept things diplomatic.

Her body was positioned slightly sideways, certainly not a dominant position, and she waited for a response before she lowered her hands.
Lock Jaw
 Player, 554 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 00:16
The evening hunt
In reply to Leaf Storm (msg # 7):

LJ looks at both Nancy and Leafstorm, then unlike his usual self all run in and kill stuff he says,

"Vvould vve not take this information to comrade Kelly. It vvas her operation at the airport after all, and dis vvas information she vvas trying to get Da? Good renoun in Dat yar? Vve could go to Rash Street, less Jimmy try to hunt alone. It vvould be great embarrassment, should vve let these kin come to harm."

He shrugs, then looks up as the sound of the roaring engine comes from outside.
Storyteller
 GM, 2074 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 00:37
The evening hunt
Jimmy brings his Ipad over with googlemaps up and says,

"Here I was out with friends at the tavern I was sure I saw one of them fucking leeches drag someone into the ally next to carmines!"

He also looks up when the car arrives and a stunning young lady exits the vehicle and walks up palms held out claiming to want to speak.

OOC: See game map and Map for group 0
Lock Jaw
 Player, 555 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 01:42
The evening hunt
Lockjaw comes to the front door with this strange lady showing up in the muscle car. His hulking form blocks the entranceway almost completely. His blazing blue eyes drilling into the new comer unsure of why this person would know where to find them specifically. He sniffs the air,
"Vvhat you vvant? Vve don't know you? You don't belong here."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:42, Sat 02 Jan 2021.

Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 638 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 02:13
The evening hunt
Lowering her hands at the man's words, Natasha nearly groaned to herself. From the man's tone, she could tell she was dealing with a warrior... a thug. Somebody who could (and would) crush her to a pulp, and probably preferred that outcome,

"I may not belong, large one, but Sean Selmetzi brought a message to my clan, and I would speak to your leaders about it, if possible." she said, dropping the man's name who had come by their compound earlier. She didn't want to reveal too much, as she knew better, but she did need to drop enough that the monster before her didn't decide she looked like a meal.

"I respectfully ask to be brought before your pack leader to express the message that I was told to bring to you." she said, bowing her head ever so slightly, in a sign of respect... as far from a dominant position as she could manage, given the circumstances.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 489 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 03:34
The evening hunt
Walking up to the door and placing a hand on LJ's shoulder. "Let's hear her out first brother." Moving past LJ and stepping in front of Natasha, Leaf stares at her.

Taking in a breath he then nods and seems satisfied with whatever he did.


"You said that Sean visited your clan. Who are you and what clan do you belong to?"
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 641 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 09:04
The evening hunt
Shifting on her heel towards the larger man subtly, Natasha recognized the leader,

"That is appreciated, more than you know..." she said extremely respectfully. It was very clear she was not here to fight, "I am one of Gnuris' cliath, and from the information Sean has shared, I am confident that I am speaking to the Silver Tusks?" she half-asked/half-told him that she was assuming they too were wolves. She left room for disagreement, just in case, but she had information that she wanted to act on quickly, and not get people unnecessarily killed.

She had more to say, but she paused, to allow confirmation of her assumptions before she went on.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 490 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 09:19
The evening hunt
Nodding to her, "You are in the presence of the Tusks. What word does Gnuris' pack send?"

Looking at her closer, "What did Sean relay to your packmates?"
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 642 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 12:04
The evening hunt
Smiling appreciatively, Natasha dipped her head in further respect,

"We were told he'd tortured a Black Spiral for information, and that our pack was in trouble. Problem was that Sean doesn't seem to have a tact for diplomacy." she said spreading her hands as if she guessed they would understand, "He has insulted elder Gnuris on his own grounds, and is... not in the best of light currently." she paused. That probably wouldn't go over well,

"Our concerns are shared by all packs. If the Black Spirals are playing us, we do not want to be fools. If Sean is playing us, we do not want to be fools either. I was sent because my skills were hoped to be used to siphon information from you for our safety, but..." she bit her lower lip uncertainly, "But I honestly feel that BOTH of our packs would be in trouble if I took the time to infiltrate your pack for information. I worry that we will all suffer consequences if we do not band together, and work quickly." she admitted, shaking her head,

"Gnuris is a powerful leader, but..." she paused. She wouldn't dare speak poorly about him. It was very clear that she VERY much respected the pecking order, "He sometimes sends me in his place for a very good reason." is what she left it at. She was willing to negotiate, whereas Gnuris preferred bloodshed. Always.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 491 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 16:49
The evening hunt
While watching Natasha, Leaf thinks to the rest, Do any of you know about this Spiral that Sean interrogated? Memories a little fuzzy on that aspect.
Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 649 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 17:58
The evening hunt
Nancy, who has been mostly lost in analyzing the data they'd captured and not really paying attention to what else was going on, took a moment to reply.

Called himself Dark Spark.  Was a technically oriented Spiral who was hacked into our phones and intercepted me when I tried to get to the airport solo to prepare things ahead of time.  After he was incapacitated, Sean took him back to the sept.  She supplied.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 492 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 18:45
The evening hunt
Thinking back to Nancy and the rest, Was anything discovered from Sean's interrogation, or was that only shared with the Alpha? Again my memory is fuzzy on the details. I might have been occupied doing other things at the time.

[OOC: sorry I don't recall much of this situation. I recall Nancy getting abducted. I remember Sean gave chase. I don't recall much of the spiral in question though... *lol*]
Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 650 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 18:54
The evening hunt
If anything was learned, I was not in the loop on whatever it might be.  Nancy answered.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 493 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 23:43
The evening hunt
Looking at Natasha, "That doesn't sound like our Beta. I know last I saw him, we gave him the unconscious Dancer to take to your Caern for interrogation. He was to inform about the upcoming attack on your Caern. Other than that, we don't know what else that Dancer knew."
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 643 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sun 3 Jan 2021
at 09:48
The evening hunt
Tilting her head slightly sideways, listening as Leaf Storm spoke, she kept her gaze on him, and shrugged,

"I suppose that is, unfortunate." she said, thinking a moment. She knew now was not the time to press, but she had to speak on their behalf, "If he is not yours, I will inform Gnuris to execute him, for being an infiltrator on the side of the Spirals. We appreciate your assistance." she said, dipping her head respectfully.

Sure, she knew they'd stop her from leaving, and want to continue the conversation, but she also knew it was important to draw them IN to the conversation. Not to be tricky, but because she felt, deep down, they needed each other. That meant she needed to get this large man interested, and then get them talking about teamwork. Without each other's help, the attacks were going to decimate the packs, and bring down problems on all of their heads.

With that, she began to walk away, listening for a call-back. If they didn't stop her, then indeed perhaps they were telling the truth, and this Sean was a damned good liar, and DID need to die.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 494 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sun 3 Jan 2021
at 18:25
The evening hunt
Looking at her, "Before you get kill crazy, or your leader does. What did your Sean look like. I want to make sure it was indeed our Beta. Did he have a Spiral with him when he arrived? If he didn't it might be the Spiral in disguise and our Beta might have met a untimely fate. I want to make sure we have all the facts before we move forward.

Our Alpha is recovering from wounds in our last mission and is currently unable to hold council. I am Leaf Storm, acting Alpha in his place until his recovery. My large brother is Lock Jaw for obvious reasons. What is your name little one? Obviously you are the diplomat for your Caern, or at least one that your Leader trusts to carry on diplomatic relations with other packs.
"
Lock Jaw
 Werewolf, 556 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 01:24
The evening hunt
Lockjaw gets a far away look to his eyes,
“Sean? A woman has shown up here do you know of this what is going on?”
Storyteller
 GM, 2078 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 02:30
The evening hunt
The mighty boar responds and you all hear it,
Sean is at the wind catcher sept but something is preventing us from speaking to him. This claith speaks the truth that it is Sean.
Lock Jaw
 Werewolf, 557 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 05:48
The evening hunt
In reply to Storyteller (msg # 26):

Lockjaw looks at Nancy and Leafstorm,

Something gone vvong. Vve need to decide vvhat do.

Ooc: is Shadowclaw with us?
Storyteller
 GM, 2080 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 06:13
The evening hunt
Shadowclaw remains diligently by your alpha’s side as he lies unconscious in one of the beds upstairs.
Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 651 posts
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 22:39
The evening hunt
We'll have to see if they're willing to wait to do whatever it is they've planned with him.  We might have to go get a firsthand look ourselves, but we'll need to know if we have to go now, or if we can wait for us to be back at full strength.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 495 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 23:05
The evening hunt
Looking at Natasha, "Will we have time to heal up and meet with your Caern Leader? When do they plan to deal with our Beta, and how will they deal with him? Punishment Rite? Ritualist duel to preserve honor? Don't tell me that your Caern Leader wants to put him to death for a misunderstanding or the exuberant yipes of a Cliath? We need a better understanding on what was said to warrant any punishment or more severe sentencing."
Lock Jaw
 Werewolf, 558 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Tue 5 Jan 2021
at 22:32
The evening hunt
"Lockjaw not understand? vve came to da sept an spoke wit Gnuris. He knows Vve are not infiltrators as you say. Vvhat did Sean say exactly dat warrants death?"

Questions Lockjaw of the new comer
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 645 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Wed 6 Jan 2021
at 06:09
The evening hunt
"No." Natasha shook her head, smiling slightly, "I did not mean that Sean was in danger, I only meant that IF it wasn't your Cliath he would be killed, for obvious reasons. Gnuris is..." she paused, thinking, "He is a good leader. He wouldn't make that mistake, especially in regards to potential long-term allies such as the Silver Tusks." she waved off those fears, as she realized how it had looked to them.

That was a good sign. Caring for their Cliath, even if they may be trying to hide it, was valuable. It would be a good sign for future things to come.

"I believe Sean made Gnuris uncertain, because you know how powerful warlords respond with met with attitude, and uncomfortable information about possible infiltration." she said, raising her hands, as if to say 'she'd seen it before', "Your Cliath is safe, that I assure you. And if your pack is in need of healing, I would be willing to put my name on the fact that you would be safe to travel back with me. You have my word, which is nothing small in my pack, that Gnuris would offer you no danger, but I fear that time is of the essence here." she said, looking back and forth between all of them,

"Now: there WAS a Spiral with him, who had a computer with information on it. He asked us to break in, as we have a Cliath with such skill, and he only shot his mouth off at Gnuris." she paused for emphasis, "He told Gnuris, in no uncertain terms, that he would be happy to wait for Gnuris to be killed, and then take over his pack once we were done for." she said, letting that hang in the air a moment before continuing.

"The thing is, Gnuris knows better. He knows it is simply a feisty underling with information he feels is important. That is why we feel the need to ensure that he is telling the truth. His presentation left a lot to be desired, but what he said was dangerous, and we do not feel safe until Gnuris has confirmation from you all. Until we all share information, we will not be secure." she paused, taking another moment before offering,

"So, if you will accept, I would put you all under my protection as a diplomat of our pack, and invite you to speak with Gnuris immediately. You would be welcome in our lands, and welcome to retrieve your Cliath, and we would share our information found on the laptop with you, if it proves to be dangerous to all packs. Will you come with me?" she asked, searching the eyes, primarily, of Leaf Storm.
Storyteller
 GM, 2084 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Wed 6 Jan 2021
at 21:02
The evening hunt
Jimmy heats this and blurts out,
“So we’re not going hunting vamps? But I am all set to go I got stakes and holy water, everything one could want to kill em leaches. Screw this I’m not being left out again I’m going to chase down that vamp I saw on rush st, like it or not.”
Jimmy look like the impulsive youth he is, but is stubborn about not being left out of the action. He would never be allowed at the sept so taking him along wouldn’t be an option for your pack if you head back there.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:15, Wed 06 Jan 2021.

Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 496 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Thu 7 Jan 2021
at 04:30
The evening hunt
Turning towards Jimmy, "NO!!!"

Pausing and taking a breath he speaks calmer, "Jimmy, your Grandmother requested us to help protect you and the rest of the kin. Holy water might not be what you think it is. Stakes take a lot of force and pin point accuracy. And that assumes you even get close enough to try. They are fast, durable, and more than a match for a human. Your biggest advantage is that you move about in daylight.

But the leaches have their own allies who move around during the day. People they share their strength with. It's not just the leaches you have to worry about.

And it isn't just the servants that you have to deal with. Those leaches might have bribed law, reporters, inspectors, utility workers. They are more dangerous than you think. For your safety stay away. If you want to be of help, use the computer to gather missing person reports. See if you can find a pattern of disappearances around Rush Street.
"

Turning to Natasha, "The three of us will come with you to sort out this situation. If our Alpha awakens, he can come to the Caern when able. We will be able to resolve or spread further light on the situation hopefully."

Mentally telling SC that the three of them are heading to the Wind-Catcher Sept to sort out the issue with the Beta. If Ryan awakens, let him know the situation. We will be in contact via the link,  unless there is some block in place.

Nancy, LJ, I feel it wisest to move quickly in this matter. If Sean is in trouble, we need to resolve it so our pact doesn't lose honor or face. Also it will give us a chance to see what else this spiral knew or had stored on the laptop. And I rather have him back leading if our Alpha is out of commission.
Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 653 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2021
at 05:28
The evening hunt
Nancy got up and gathered her things.

"I agree."  She stated in regards to Leaf's plan of action.
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 646 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Thu 7 Jan 2021
at 05:37
The evening hunt
Nodding as the woman and the large man seemed in agreement. Dipping her head in respect, she acknowledged their words,

"Please be aware, you will not be able to contact anyone once you are inside our... bounds." she said, explaining about the blockage of her pack, "If you need send messages, please do so now." she said, not certain how they would communicate with others, but she knew Sean had told her pack about their abilities to speak to one another in different words than that.

She was half-tempted to roll her eyes and insinuate that Gnuris would be having drinks with Sean by the time they got back. Lord knew he probably was, but that would deface Gnuris, and if anything could be said about Natasha, it was that her loyalty was unshakable. She would never paint her leader in a negative light.

"Ready?" once they all indicated that they were, her mustang took off, her above average driving skills hurrying back to Gnuris to lead the others to him.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:28, Thu 07 Jan 2021.

Storyteller
 GM, 2091 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Thu 7 Jan 2021
at 21:35
The evening hunt
Jimmy's face drops as he is chastised by Leafstorm. Subdued he heads upstairs to his room. As Nancy, Lockjaw and Leafstorm all pile into the beast with Natasha in the drivers seat. With a roar of the engine and a small chirp of the wheels Natasha pulls away from the house, hurrying back to the sept as night falls and the lights of Chicago begin to twinkle.

It is dark and you are about 5 minutes from the sept when Shadow claw comes across the telepathic link.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:46, Thu 07 Jan 2021.

Shadowclaw
 Werewolf, 330 posts
 Shadow Lord Cliath
 Lupus Ragabash
Thu 7 Jan 2021
at 21:44
The evening hunt
"Hey guys what's going on?! Jimmy just left with a heavy hunting crossbow. When I asked him where he was going he said you had called in for supplies and he was going to deliver them. I thought you were going to the sept wouldn't they have their own supplies? Has there been a change of plans? Are the leeches attacking the sept? Jimmy left here like the leeches were starting a major action or something. He enough vamp hunting stuff to raid a major leech den. Ryan hasn't woken from his coma, so I couldn't go with him."

Shadowclaw continues to watch the unmoving form of Ryan even as he sends his telepathic message to the rest of the pack, blasting them with a plethora of questions.

OOC: Posted by story teller.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:44, Thu 07 Jan 2021.

Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 654 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 04:39
The evening hunt
Nancy sighed over their spiritual connection.  He is not coming to our aid.  He has gone to seek glory against the enemy, in victory or in death.  I do not think there is anything we can do for him now.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 498 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 05:35
The evening hunt
Grumbling as he rages internally. If he survived this night, I'll kill him. We can't go after him right now. But if there is time, then I'll hunt his ass down. Thanks for the heads-up.

Growling a little out loud, "Damned fool kid is going to get himself killed or worse."
Lock Jaw
 Werewolf, 562 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 22:53
The evening hunt
Lockjaw looks at Leafstorm and Nancy incredulously with his mind saying,

"Dis lady Natasha guaranteed the safety of our beta. Vve know Vvhere boy has gone. Vve made promise to protect boy. Now it sound like you break promise for possibility of glory in defending sept that is not ours. If beta not in danger, vve should go get boy for he get DEAD. Silver tusk already gain honor in bringing warning to Wind Catcher Sept. Great loss of honor to fail old mother chasing glory when not needed or asked for."

Lockjaws broken English even in your mind is heavily accented. He leans forward speaking directly to Natasha,

"You are sure that Sean is safe? If vve take time to get boy and keep promise, no harm come to Sean da? You guarantee dis? Or your life belong to Silver Tusks and mighty Boar Da?"

Asks Lockjaw his tone deadly serious, requesting Natasha stake her life on Sean's safety. She could see in his eyes the same feral anger that may once have laid behind Gnuris's eyes when he was young before time tempered his rage with wisdom. She would know that this wolf from a distant land is making a promise not threat and would not hesitate to tear out her throat should Sean be harmed.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:56, Fri 08 Jan 2021.

Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 650 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sat 9 Jan 2021
at 07:25
The evening hunt
Turning towards Lock Jaw, as she could tell by the body language's around, speech was happening, but it was something she couldn't sense. Perhaps an unspoken code?

But when he spoke directly to her, clearly a threat to her own life, she had enough control to not let it affect her. Her gaze remained steady... she had little to fear here. She knew that from the steadfastedness of the other large man that was present. Something about him told her she knew he wouldn't allow her death, regardless of the rage of the others.

Shaking her head, she couldn't, unfortunately, give him what he wanted,

"Nyet. I cannot guarantee anything about your cliath's safety. That is in the hands of Gnuris. I can guarantee only that you yourself will not be attacked on sight if you accompany me to my leader's side, in the interest of diplomacy, and cooperation." she said calmly, keeping it very clear what she was offering here. She wouldn't dare make the mistake of promising something that only Gnuris had the right to offer.

Hearing Leaf Storm speak of it, she nodded,

"I have no idea what it is that you are all speaking about, but I hope Sean does not do something to get himself killed." she said, obviously thinking he was referring to Sean with his words, "That being said... she said, her eyes calmly flashing back towards Lock Jaw's, "My life belongs to Gnuris One-eye, and Gnuris only. I would not dare to come to your compound, and speak threats, but I would ask that you recognize this." she said, her undying loyalty put on display for all. Gnuris himself didn't garner such steadfast loyalty... no, it was one of Natasha's traits, but she held it just the same.

After she made that clear, she turned her eyes back to the road. She was a less-than-dominant female, clearly, but she wasn't about to be threatened in her own car, and forced into terrible promises that she couldn't deliver on, without at least speaking in her own defense a bit. Her body language, however, was very clearly submissive, and she wasn't looking to fight Lock Jaw, or even stand up to him directly.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 499 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 9 Jan 2021
at 14:30
The evening hunt
Closing his eyes he thinks. There was nothing they can do concerning Jimmy. They have to secure the safety of their Beta. You can't safe someone from their own stupidity. You can't be there 24 hours a day to keep them safe.

Brother, I don't like the idea of Jimmy rushing off to try to gain glory, given he would only end up getting himself killed in the process. Great Grandmother understands there is only so much we can do to prevent tragedy from happening to her family. We can't keep him protected every hour of the day though. During our missions, if he is acting as a driver or at his house, we can keep him safe there if we are able. Right now, our concern is our Beta. With Ryan-ra out of action currently, we can't afford to lose any more members of our pack. We are down SC due to him being nursemaid to our Alpha. Luke is dead. We still need to mourn him. Sean is captured due to him running his mouth in a very un-Beta like moment. Our pack is in trouble. We need to rescue our pack and regroup. We will deal with Jimmy once we get Sean.

Nancy, do you think it wise to hack the police and have them stop Jimmy on some charge. Granted he would have to explain the crossbow and other items, but it might cause him to be removed from the possible possibility of being killed or turned into another bloodsucker.


Turning to Natasha, "LJ, This one is only following orders, like a good packmate does. No harm will come to her, and no further threats about her safety. We will go to the Caern first and try to resolve the issues there. Once that is resolved, we head to either resolve the other issue, or regroup at the house. A Caern's safety is paramount. The Pack comes second. Kinkolk is important, but in this case, will come third."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:08, Sat 09 Jan 2021.

Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 655 posts
Sat 9 Jan 2021
at 17:59
The evening hunt
We either have to go get him, or leave him to his fate.  There are no other good options.
Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 720 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Thu 21 Jan 2021
at 21:25
The evening hunt
Ryan stirs, at least mentally.

"Sorry about that. Falcon took my spirit on a long path. I should have warned you that was gonna happen. Can I get an update?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:26, Thu 21 Jan 2021.

Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 504 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Thu 21 Jan 2021
at 22:08
The evening hunt
There is a sigh of relief when Leaf hears Ryan in his mind. Alpha, glad to hear you are recovering. Short of it, the Beta said something in beta like to the Wind Catcher Chief. LJ, Nancy, and myself are enroute to see about salvaging the situation. Jimmy decided to chase after a leech on his own to prove himself. SC decided to stay by your side. Currently although I don't like it, but we can't abort our mission to make sure Sean doesn't lose more than face. I have to hope Jimmy has no luck trying to play hero. We couldn't retrieve Luke's body before the section of the airport went up in flames. We did get some intel in which Nancy can relate concerning what she found.

Think that about sums up the situation.


Watching as we continue towards to Caern, he looks to LJ and Nancy. At least Ryan was out of the woods and can heal now.
Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 721 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Fri 22 Jan 2021
at 00:59
The evening hunt
Ryan considers all that...

"Well enough. If you can find someone with a healing gift, we could speed this along. Otherwise...I'll recover soon enough. Silver is brutal, but if you survive it at all, Gaia will heal her children sooner or later.

So we couldn't recover Luke's body. That's...a problem. I would keep it from defilement if I could. It would be wise to send someone to watch over Jimmy. If he runs into a leech on his own, he'll either die or become the leech's servant in a hurry. We don't want either of those things.

I will join you as soon as I can.
"
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 505 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Fri 22 Jan 2021
at 02:27
The evening hunt
Shaking his head as Ryan was talking, Luke's body won't be able to be recovered. It was incinerated during the explosion near the room Nancy was in. Then we sent the last RPG round into the terminal,  or the tower itself. It was a little hazy due to trying to save everyone in the end.

You're the Alpha, if you want I can send either LJ or Nancy after Jimmy, or go there myself and let Nancy talk in your stead. Unless you plan to meet at the Caern. I think Great Boar might be willing to get you there quickly to meet us.

Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 722 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Fri 22 Jan 2021
at 05:29
The evening hunt
"I'll assess the situation further when I get there. The Pack is strongest as a pack, and leaving one of us to face leeches alone is arguably worse than Jimmy running off in the first place.

And if Luke was cremated, well, that was the burial of kings back in the day. That shall have to do for honoring him, at least till we can get back to the Sept long enough to sing of him.
"
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 507 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 23 Jan 2021
at 06:52
The evening hunt
Turning to Natasha, "Our Alpha has awoken. He will meet us at your Sept. He also enquired about a healer upon arriving. Upon his arrival, he will speak for the Silver Tusks."

Sitting back Leaf seemed to relax a little.

"So you are the mouth piece for your pack? The diplomat?"
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 653 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sun 24 Jan 2021
at 01:20
The evening hunt
Nodding her head as she drove, Natasha turned her head his way ever so slightly to respond with a modicum of respect,

"I do what my Alpha needs, whatever that may be." she answered simply, and then tried to explain further, "I have full authority to speak on the behalf of Gnuris, but I choose not to often out of respect. I recognize that his direction in conversation would often be different than my own, so I speak only so far as to get us, and the other party, together at once." she said, and it was blatantly obvious that she was very respect-oriented, and maintained that despite whatever she may think of what was going on. She was also quite talented at only releasing the information she felt would answer the question without giving away too much information.

The thing was, this wolf seemed intelligent and... honorable? She sensed it from him, and the way the others looked at him, so she trusted him quite a bit more than an average stranger.

"Tell me, and plainly please, as I do not wish to lose time with subtle debates." she said politely, "What is your pack's goal when meeting mine? Is it simply retrieval, or are we entering this with the possibility of alliance, and working as one? If so, is it only against this outside threat, or longer term?" she asked, covering a few things she needed to know, and it was obvious from her body language she was willing to be just as open in return if he indulged her.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 508 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sun 24 Jan 2021
at 01:53
The evening hunt
Listening Leaf responded, "I don't speak for our Alpha. My intention was just to sort out the issue with our Beta. We delivered the BSD and his computer. It was important to inform the Wind Catcher's about the upcoming assault. Last thing we need was to lose another Caern and her protectors to the Wyrm's assault. As to the idea of a possible Alliance, that is for our Alpha to discuss with yours. I am relaying all information you bring up to us and what I say to him as we travel so he is prepared for the meeting. So if there are rules for travel and introduction that he should know, I would appreciate a heads-up."

As he says this, he is telling Ryan via mindspeak so he is up to date on all that is being discussed. If Ryan needs to say something, Leaf will say it to Natasha.
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 654 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sun 24 Jan 2021
at 08:29
The evening hunt
Smiling, almost in a sad way, Natasha nodded,

"Understood, calm one. It is unfortunate that I cannot speak directly with your Alpha, but very understandable. Just..." she paused, thinking very carefully, "Understand that Gnuris trusts me to speak on his behalf, but he is the one in control." she said, awkwardly dancing around something. Truthfully, her job wasn't an easy one,

"He will speak, but you sort of..." she searched the air for the words, but kept coming up with unreasonably dangerous percentages that these words would get back to Gnuris, and get her beaten, so she stopped herself with a sheepish smile,

"Nevermind. You will understand when he is met. I will notify Gnuris about a newcomer, singular, coming after us." she smiled, trying to be as pleasant as she could. She knew this was always awkward learning new traditions and such.
Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 724 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Mon 25 Jan 2021
at 02:33
The evening hunt
"I'm walking through the Umbra...once you pull over somewhere far enough from the Weaver I'll rejoin you."

He's been letting his werewolf forms do as much of the healing as they will.
Storyteller
 GM, 2095 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 01:20
The evening hunt
Ryan enters the the umbra leaving shadowclaw at the house incase Jimmy or the rest of the family returned. He finds the great Boar waiting for him. the boar heals the remainder of his wounds speaking with him directly,
Meanwhile in the "beast" driven by Natasha and the rest of the pack hurtle toward the Windcatcher Sept. Leafstorm converses silently with his pack and playing the roll of alpha is relieved when Ryan finally has awakened and is responding to the pack through the mighty boar. Natasha is trying to gage this new pack, an unknown quantity for her sept. Nancy voices her opinions with her mind. Lockjaw seems to have become sullen and quiet.

OOC: what is the next move guys? Need some actions posted or will move on to you arriving at the sept?
Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 657 posts
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 01:25
The evening hunt
"If you could pull over before we reach the outer boundaries of the caern, that would be helpful."  Nancy suddenly stated out loud to Natasha.

"Our Alpha is on his way and it would be better to rendezvous before we arrive if we can."  She explained.
Lock Jaw
 Werewolf, 563 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 01:36
The evening hunt
Lockjaw leans forward still sullen about not going after jimmy vetoed by Leafstorm. He speaks directly to Natasha,

"Alpha coming devushka, we go where veil is thin he come, sort mess out."

Lockjaw indicates Natasha should find a park or a place near by that the veil is thinner where their true alpha could join them.
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 655 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 05:18
The evening hunt
Following the direction of Lock Jaw, Natasha did NOT want to see what would happen if somebody disagreed with him in close quarters. Instead, she did exactly as asked, expecting to see the Alpha sooner, rather than later.

Once she'd pulled over, she slid the keys into her pocket, and stepped out of the car, waiting for the others,

"I understand, take your time. I hope he is of... sufficient condition to deal with Gnuris." she said, half-cautious, seemingly half-worried? Perhaps she was much more of an empath than many might guess, with her wolfen heritage.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 509 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 19:13
The evening hunt
Looking at LJ, If the situation was different big brother, we would be going after Jimmy. We lost Marcus, we just lost Luke. I won't let the possibility of Sean being lost as well. With our Alpha back, he might let us go after Jimmy. Maybe you and me. But this depends on what the Alpha decides. Understand brother, I didn't ignore or reject your words. I just don't want to lose anymore of our pack.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:13, Thu 28 Jan 2021.

Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 725 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 21:27
The evening hunt
Ryan was discreet.

There was a clump of bushes that enclosed a small spot, and it was there Ryan stepped out of the Umbra, so nobody would see him actually do that. Then, he stepped out of the bushes and made his way towards his pack, and the messenger.

"It's very good to see you all again in person."

Ryan is in better condition then expected, the Great Boar having healed his wounds more thoroughly than could otherwise have happened on his own.

Natasha also catches his eye.

"It's nice to meet you, as well. I understand we have a meeting to attend to?"

He addresses the Jimmy matter for a moment.

"After the meeting with Gnuris, we will go after Jimmy...as a Pack. Divide and conquer is one of the primary techniques of the leeches. Let's not help them execute it. We're strongest together."

Eyeing the sky for a moment...

"We've lost enough blood. We will not lose any more if I can help it. Still, we promised. Honor demands we see Jimmy home safely."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:28, Thu 28 Jan 2021.

Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 510 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 22:51
The evening hunt
Watching, Leaf nods, "You're the Alpha. Lead on."

Leaf understood the situation.  Granted he wanted to save his kin. However,  they could cover more ground as a pack. He just hoped Ryan also had his senses about him for the upcoming meeting.
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 656 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Fri 29 Jan 2021
at 04:27
The evening hunt
Glancing over at her hot-rod, Natasha raised an eyebrow,

"Excellent to make your acquaintance, but... I have 4 total seats, including the driver's. And that one..." she said, tilting her head towards Lock Jaw, "Would barely fit into a truck as it is. Any ideas?" she asked, wanting to subtly test their leader's ability to lead when there weren't any right answers.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 511 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Fri 29 Jan 2021
at 04:40
The evening hunt
Chuckling at the test. Leaf could make a couple of suggestions, but he was going to see how swiftly 2-legs could think on the spot.
Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 658 posts
Fri 29 Jan 2021
at 05:46
The evening hunt
Nancy, who hadn't gotten out of the car because she figured they were trying to be expedient, and clamoring in and out of the backseat of a two door coupe wasn't that, had still been paying some measure of attention.

Subtly she shifted down into Lupus and waited for everybody to get on with things already.
Lock Jaw
 Werewolf, 564 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Sat 30 Jan 2021
at 01:12
The evening hunt
Lockjaw doesn’t move, he doesn’t change as his wolf form is as large as his human form he looks at Natasha once the rest of the pack get into the car saying with his deep Russian accent,
“ Alpha says we go to sept we go now devushka.”

This message was last edited by the player at 01:36, Sat 30 Jan 2021.

Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 726 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Sat 30 Jan 2021
at 21:30
The evening hunt
Ryan can only chuckle at the actions of his packmates.

"They seem to have solved the problem without a word being said. It is well enough. For some, exercising the wolf is a joy of its own.

I will ride with you. There are things I must know of Gnuris before we get there, you can fill me in on the way.
"

(OOC this presumes Nancy's wolf form is on the smaller end and it's now 4 people and a large canine.)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:51, Sat 30 Jan 2021.

Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 514 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 30 Jan 2021
at 22:12
The evening hunt
Climbing in the back and letting Nancy lay across Leaf's and LJ's lap so she can stretch out, if needed. Otherwise Leaf keeps quiet as he is thinking of the upcoming meeting.
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 657 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 04:11
The evening hunt
Natasha wasn't even slightly surprised, in fact she appreciated the choice to keep the paws off of the leather seats. Hopping back in, she revved it up, and took off, wasting no time,

"You are welcome to ride, but I must ask: do you intend Gnuris any harm?" the question was so softly asked, and so calmly spoken that it was clear that she was just being direct. It was also clear that she didn't want harm to come to her pack, but she was just sensing that this man, whomever he may be, was willing to be upfront with her.

...and if he wasn't, Natasha could read liars like books, and she would protect Gnuris at all costs. Loyalty was not something missing in Natasha. Still, she hoped for a peaceful outcome, as these wolves seemed nice enough, and it would be pleasant to find a pack that was more... gentle than her own.
Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 727 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Tue 2 Feb 2021
at 02:08
The evening hunt
"Gnuris has not said or done anything to warrant harm. That I know of."

If something regarding him happened while he was unconscious, he figures someone will pipe up about it. In the meantime, though...it never entered his head to hurt Gnuris...or anyone, really. Well. Any servant of Gaia, at least.
Shadowclaw
 Werewolf, 332 posts
 Shadow Lord Cliath
 Lupus Ragabash
Mon 15 Feb 2021
at 19:56
The evening hunt
"Know what, seeing as Ryan no longer needs me to play nurse and you all went to the sept without me, how about I go track down our little friend Jimmy and keep an eye on him? If you need something to justify it, we might uncover something useful there. Worst case, atleast he has some chance to get out of this in one piece."

This was more of a formality, since Shadowclaw was already tracking down Jimmy ever since he left the house. This was more of a question whether he should stop.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:36, Mon 15 Feb 2021.

Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 659 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Thu 18 Feb 2021
at 15:32
The evening hunt
Nodding her head, Natasha accepted that answer,

"Alright, then let us hope that Gnuris feels the same about you." she said, leaving it at that. She did NOT sound as confident as she did in Ryan's words, but there wasn't much to do about it, frankly. Gnuris may have been an ass, and the least likely leader she'd desire, but she was stuck, because her loyalty held her in place.
Ryan Fox
 Werewolf, 732 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Thu 18 Feb 2021
at 18:05
The evening hunt
In reply to Shadowclaw (msg # 70):

"...If you're going to scout, use well your stealth. Remember you are extremely vulnerable by yourself, and you are not equipped to enter a leech lair on your own. But if you can find out where exactly Jimmy is going in the city, report back to us so we can investigate...as a Pack. But he who scouts must not try to be a lone wolf army. Am I clear?"

Ryan had to be very stern about that.