The evening hunt.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 2068 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 04:28
The evening hunt
TBA
Lock Jaw
 Player, 553 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 21:14
The evening hunt
"THEN VVE HUNT! If ryan no wake vve go yes Leafstorm?"
Says LJ angerly, his frustrations at the casualties at the airport obviously showing through.
Leaf Storm
 Player, 484 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 22:23
The evening hunt
Looking around and thinking. "If we hunt, we do it smart. We don't know who are vamps and who aren't. They hide in plain sight and can be very tricky to detect or root out. Some might be able to smell them, but it takes practice and time. I don't know how tired or run down you are, but I exerted myself severely during the battle. If we go out, we do it as recon. Get what scents we can. If we can strike safely and quickly, then we do it. Otherwise, we stake out various dens, gather instincts about what's there, and go back when we are better prepared. We already went into a silver laced battlefield and made it out of with serious losses. I don't want to go into another battlefield and lose more comrades and packmates."

Turning to Jimmy, "Rush Street you said. Can you look at a map, show me how far it goes, and we go from there. Nancy, keep looking at what you found. Let us know what is important. Until the Alpha comes around, I'm leading the pack as Ahroun. Once he is on his feet, let me know and I'll be more than happy to return command."
Nancy Pride
 Player, 646 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 06:55
The evening hunt
"Most of the information retrieved concerns logistics."  Nancy commented without looking up from what she was doing.

"Lists of past and future shipments of supplies an appointed group of vampires and or their ghouls have been tasked to intercept and commandeer for their war effort, as well as points of delivery for such supplies."  She explained.

"There's also a codename and associated address for a silver ammunition supplier they've been using.  Along with a hit list of our folks that's been distributed so the vamps can try to keep tabs on them and whether they're traveling to Chicago."

Continuing Nancy finished summarizing, "Most of the rest concerns O'Hare.  Communications with someone tasked with seeing to their interests there.  This Tyler is the reason they had the counter force we ran into on call at the site to begin with.  Though there's not a lot else in regards to what could be used to identify and track him down."
Leaf Storm
 Player, 485 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 11:12
The evening hunt
Looking over to Nancy, "Think a two man squad would be enough to hit the ammo supplier. Maybe take his stuff off the market and maybe see if we can get his contacts from his phone or computer? I am sure we could probably get it if we go through the Umbra and slip into his area. Maybe we can also take some items or plant some charges to blow the place up. Thoughts?"

Leaf understood he would be new at this Alpha thing, but he wanted options not just run in blind or full tilt without having insight that other tribes might be able to provide.
Nancy Pride
 Player, 647 posts
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 14:10
The evening hunt
"A two person team would be enough to sit on this place and watch.  I don't have information on how this address links up with the supplier, only that it does.  It might just be a place where meetings are held, it might be where product is warehoused, might be his mother's house, no idea."  Nancy explained.

"Ideally we want both supplies and supplier shut down permanently, so until we know what the relationship is, and can actually identify the supplier, code named Friar Tuck, themselves, a raid on the address isn't advisable.  If this is just a throw away location a raid risks netting us no advantage and causing the supplier to go to ground or switch whatever operations were going on at the known address to another location."
Leaf Storm
 Player, 486 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 22:13
The evening hunt
Looking over to LJ, "What about you? Thoughts? We could stake it out from the nearby alleys or houses. Could take pics of people as they enter or leave that area. Pay attention to how many times certain cars might come by. Right now we have to be in observation mode. Then after we get the information we go into hunting mode. Other options or ideas? I'm open to input."

Leaf was taking the task seriously. He wanted to prove he wasn't just an unskilled, unthinking Ahroun. He wanted them to see his potential as well.
Storyteller
 GM, 2072 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Fri 1 Jan 2021
at 22:53
The evening hunt
There is the loud revving of a muscle car engine as a 2000 ford mustang pulls up out front of the house...
Natasha Novikova
 Player, 637 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Fri 1 Jan 2021
at 23:53
The evening hunt
Sliding the Mustang up comfortably in front of the home, Natasha knew she had arrived when she saw the others slinking around in the darkness.

Slowing to a crawl, to indicate a lack of violence on her part, Natasha knew better than going full rev into a pack of wolves not of her own clan.

When she pulled up fully, and put the Beast into park, she stepped out from the car, keys in hand, and her hands up in the air at each side of her, palms forward,

"I come to speak, not fight." she said flatly, her tone comfortable, even though she would be clearly outnumbered if things turned poorly. She was under no false impressions as to her role her, and she knew she'd survive if she kept things diplomatic.

Her body was positioned slightly sideways, certainly not a dominant position, and she waited for a response before she lowered her hands.
Lock Jaw
 Player, 554 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 00:16
The evening hunt
In reply to Leaf Storm (msg # 7):

LJ looks at both Nancy and Leafstorm, then unlike his usual self all run in and kill stuff he says,

"Vvould vve not take this information to comrade Kelly. It vvas her operation at the airport after all, and dis vvas information she vvas trying to get Da? Good renoun in Dat yar? Vve could go to Rash Street, less Jimmy try to hunt alone. It vvould be great embarrassment, should vve let these kin come to harm."

He shrugs, then looks up as the sound of the roaring engine comes from outside.
Storyteller
 GM, 2074 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 00:37
The evening hunt
Jimmy brings his Ipad over with googlemaps up and says,

"Here I was out with friends at the tavern I was sure I saw one of them fucking leeches drag someone into the ally next to carmines!"

He also looks up when the car arrives and a stunning young lady exits the vehicle and walks up palms held out claiming to want to speak.

OOC: See game map and Map for group 0
Lock Jaw
 Player, 555 posts
 I will crush you
 *Flex and Kiss bicep's*
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 01:42
The evening hunt
Lockjaw comes to the front door with this strange lady showing up in the muscle car. His hulking form blocks the entranceway almost completely. His blazing blue eyes drilling into the new comer unsure of why this person would know where to find them specifically. He sniffs the air,
"Vvhat you vvant? Vve don't know you? You don't belong here."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:42, Sat 02 Jan 2021.

Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 638 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 02:13
The evening hunt
Lowering her hands at the man's words, Natasha nearly groaned to herself. From the man's tone, she could tell she was dealing with a warrior... a thug. Somebody who could (and would) crush her to a pulp, and probably preferred that outcome,

"I may not belong, large one, but Sean Selmetzi brought a message to my clan, and I would speak to your leaders about it, if possible." she said, dropping the man's name who had come by their compound earlier. She didn't want to reveal too much, as she knew better, but she did need to drop enough that the monster before her didn't decide she looked like a meal.

"I respectfully ask to be brought before your pack leader to express the message that I was told to bring to you." she said, bowing her head ever so slightly, in a sign of respect... as far from a dominant position as she could manage, given the circumstances.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 489 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 03:34
The evening hunt
Walking up to the door and placing a hand on LJ's shoulder. "Let's hear her out first brother." Moving past LJ and stepping in front of Natasha, Leaf stares at her.

Taking in a breath he then nods and seems satisfied with whatever he did.


"You said that Sean visited your clan. Who are you and what clan do you belong to?"
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 641 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 09:04
The evening hunt
Shifting on her heel towards the larger man subtly, Natasha recognized the leader,

"That is appreciated, more than you know..." she said extremely respectfully. It was very clear she was not here to fight, "I am one of Gnuris' cliath, and from the information Sean has shared, I am confident that I am speaking to the Silver Tusks?" she half-asked/half-told him that she was assuming they too were wolves. She left room for disagreement, just in case, but she had information that she wanted to act on quickly, and not get people unnecessarily killed.

She had more to say, but she paused, to allow confirmation of her assumptions before she went on.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 490 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 09:19
The evening hunt
Nodding to her, "You are in the presence of the Tusks. What word does Gnuris' pack send?"

Looking at her closer, "What did Sean relay to your packmates?"
Natasha Novikova
 Werewolf, 642 posts
 New to being a lycan
 ...not obvious is it?
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 12:04
The evening hunt
Smiling appreciatively, Natasha dipped her head in further respect,

"We were told he'd tortured a Black Spiral for information, and that our pack was in trouble. Problem was that Sean doesn't seem to have a tact for diplomacy." she said spreading her hands as if she guessed they would understand, "He has insulted elder Gnuris on his own grounds, and is... not in the best of light currently." she paused. That probably wouldn't go over well,

"Our concerns are shared by all packs. If the Black Spirals are playing us, we do not want to be fools. If Sean is playing us, we do not want to be fools either. I was sent because my skills were hoped to be used to siphon information from you for our safety, but..." she bit her lower lip uncertainly, "But I honestly feel that BOTH of our packs would be in trouble if I took the time to infiltrate your pack for information. I worry that we will all suffer consequences if we do not band together, and work quickly." she admitted, shaking her head,

"Gnuris is a powerful leader, but..." she paused. She wouldn't dare speak poorly about him. It was very clear that she VERY much respected the pecking order, "He sometimes sends me in his place for a very good reason." is what she left it at. She was willing to negotiate, whereas Gnuris preferred bloodshed. Always.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 491 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 16:49
The evening hunt
While watching Natasha, Leaf thinks to the rest, Do any of you know about this Spiral that Sean interrogated? Memories a little fuzzy on that aspect.
Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 649 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 17:58
The evening hunt
Nancy, who has been mostly lost in analyzing the data they'd captured and not really paying attention to what else was going on, took a moment to reply.

Called himself Dark Spark.  Was a technically oriented Spiral who was hacked into our phones and intercepted me when I tried to get to the airport solo to prepare things ahead of time.  After he was incapacitated, Sean took him back to the sept.  She supplied.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 492 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 18:45
The evening hunt
Thinking back to Nancy and the rest, Was anything discovered from Sean's interrogation, or was that only shared with the Alpha? Again my memory is fuzzy on the details. I might have been occupied doing other things at the time.

[OOC: sorry I don't recall much of this situation. I recall Nancy getting abducted. I remember Sean gave chase. I don't recall much of the spiral in question though... *lol*]
Nancy Pride
 Werewolf, 650 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 18:54
The evening hunt
If anything was learned, I was not in the loop on whatever it might be.  Nancy answered.
Leaf Storm
 Werewolf, 493 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 23:43
The evening hunt
Looking at Natasha, "That doesn't sound like our Beta. I know last I saw him, we gave him the unconscious Dancer to take to your Caern for interrogation. He was to inform about the upcoming attack on your Caern. Other than that, we don't know what else that Dancer knew."