A call to War, Travel to Chicago.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: archive U
Storyteller
 GM, 181 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 06:30
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Seeing all these other garou walking onto the field, bringing what Niel thinks is his assured victory into question. Niel starts to act more shadowlord like..

"Hey.. Hey..Hey.. Wait a minute.. Ryan this is my pack against your pack. You can't just have anyone play, that just wouldn't be fair." Says Niel.

Knowing full well that this will leave your side short three players, and the advantage once again be in his court you might say.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:31, Fri 17 Oct 2014.

Sean Selmetzi
 player, 30 posts
 homid, philodox stargazer
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 14:21
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
To Neil
 "Oh but how highly you were boasting of yourself when you knew the odds were stacked against them Neil. Whats the matter do you lack true courage in the face of a real challenge."

TO STORYTELLER: using taunt as I say what I said."
Ryan Fox
 Ryan Fox, 58 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 14:55
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Mr. Fox simply grins.

"Surely you are aware the game calls for an even number of players on both sides? You might notice there's quite a few spectators around, many of them elders, if you need to review the rules of your own challenge."

Implying the fool didn't quite know what he got himself into to.
Shadowclaw
 player, 9 posts
 Ragabash Shadow Lord Wolf
 Here to make people laugh
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 16:35
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
After seeing that his pack was now numerically matched, Niel turned tail and tried to weasel his way out of the situation. Shadowclaw couldn't help himself, but feel a bit of approval at Niels change of approach. Maybe he wasn't as hopeless as he seemed before. But now, he needed to prevent him from weaseling his way from the trap he got himself into.Both his ego and the support of the spectators could be used for that.

What's the matter, Neil? I thought your pack was supposed to be the hot shit around here. But as soon as you don't have the numerical advantage you whine because it's suddenly not fair? Besides, you didn't object when he joined in. Shadowclaw pointed at Sean. Did he not count or something? Or are you just afraid of me and Chief here? Don't worry, I won't bite you. Don't know about him though. Shadowclaw couldn't resist giving that pure bred Uktena a nickname. In case it didn't fit he could always change it.


Besides, it will be a much more interesting game for everyone here if teams are matched and there are more players. Much more exciting that way. Don't you agree? Shadowclaw turned to the crowd of spectators, trying to rile them up and turn them to his side.
So, what say you, should we three leave their pack to play in four, so that poor little Neil here doesn't piss himself with fear at being outmatched, or do we ignore his whining and play like this as it should be?

I guess this would be Manipulation+Subterfuge? Or Charisma+Expression? Not sure about the difficulty though.
Leaf Storm
 player, 7 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 16:52
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Typical. The coward tries to back out as son as it doesn't bode well for him. Leaf Storm sneered at Niel, ignoring the nickname that other shadowlord called him. This time. It's up to them to decide if we can play with their pack to reinforce their numbers to make the teams even or no, you don't have any say in this. If a honorable challenge like this isn't for you, then you can always crawl back to whatever hole were spawned in. Refusing to play just because the numbers are now even where they were not before only marks you as a coward.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:53, Fri 17 Oct 2014.

Storyteller
 GM, 183 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 22:14
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
More of the Garou has gathered at the field to witness the game and it is from this crowd that a elder with an eye-patch steps forward. He is dressed in nice slacks held up by bracers the sleeves of his white business shirt are rolled up, and his once shiny business shoes are muddy(think the Lincon Lawyer with an eye-patch). You all have been introduced to him. Asher Bekintall is the law keeper of the raccoon-ring sept a lawyer in the nearby city of Racine, and a Philodox. the crowd quietens to hear the elder speak. Turning to your pack he looks at you sadly, and gesturing toward Niel he says:

"The young one is right he has challenged you pack on pack. To bring others that are not of your pack into the challenge, fair or not, I will not allow. Only your pack members will play."

Niel obviously still has allies or some favors amongst the elders, His pure breed would afford him much, but you figure there must be something more for him to be getting this kind of support for what seems to be such a petty squabble.


[Private to Leaf Storm; Lock Jaw; Marcus (Gaia's Fire Fighter); Shadowclaw: You notice a shimmering of to the south end of the field as though it is a very hot day and you are looking off into the distance seeing waves of heat ripple off the ground, but today is mild and this wouldn't be more than 30 yards. Others in the crowd also see this.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:19, Fri 17 Oct 2014.

Ryan Fox
 Ryan Fox, 62 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 22:25
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
"To bring those not of my pack in isn't fair, right? May I have a proper moment, Elder?"

And he turns to the other 3.

"Would the 3 of you like to officially join my pack?"
Sean Selmetzi
 player, 34 posts
 homid, philodox stargazer
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 22:49
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Sean seems to go off into a trance like state for a moment as if pondering the question to some higher being then slowly his attention fades back to Ryan.

"Again in this I must first ask does your pack follow the totem of the boar"
Leaf Storm
 player, 8 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 22:58
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
I would be honored to join your pack. It seems fate brought us togethr and I would be a fool not to recognize that. My name is Leaf Storm. As he accepted the invitation to join the pack, he noticed the odd shimmering to the south. Focusing his attention there, he used his Uktena heritage to detect, if the phenomena was somehow magical in nature, hopefully also to learn what type of magic it was.

00:54, Sat 18 Oct 2014: Leaf Storm rolled 1 success using 5d10 with the World of Darkness 2nd ed system with a target of 6 ((4,7,3,5,3)). Sense Magic.
Shadowclaw
 player, 12 posts
 Ragabash Shadow Lord Wolf
 Here to make people laugh
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 23:07
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
It seemed Niel really was smarter then he looked. Having an Elder or few in his pocket was certainly no small feat, even if he appeared to use it on such petty matters as this. Was it really that worth it to him? Perhaps there was more to this.

Shadowclaw knew the invitation to the pack was coming, as he did hope it would come to that. Made things a lot more easier. Though content with the turn of events, he still pretended to think about the offer carefully, as if he had other options to choose from. Know what? Why not. I'm Shadowclaw. He finally answered. You do seem to miss someone like me and what am I if not generous and helpful whenever I can. he said with a slight bit of sarcasm. As for if they follow the totem of boar, judging by Niels classy pig insults I'd say yes, but that might just be me. he comments upon Sean's question.

Noticing the shimmering place at one end of the field he takes an interest in it and tries to remember if he ever saw or heard about something simmilar.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:12, Fri 17 Oct 2014.

Marcus (Gaia's Fire Fighter)
 player, 43 posts
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 23:38
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Marcus was very surprised to hear that Ryan would offer his blood and protection to a Shadowlord none of them knew, but then again, it was no small feat that a proud Fang allowed not one but two Metis into his pack as well. It was war time, now would be a good as time as ever to test their battle prowess. Still, with the casual betrayal of Fury and the memory of Shai's blood his face so fresh, Marcus worried about being replaced so readily.

His thoughts of violence and misery were briefly distracted by the strange blur he perceived just to the South.

"Brothers and Sister, I believe there is someone attempting a Gift on the field. Blur of the Milky Eye if I guess right. I think Neil might be trying to cheat us through additional hidden members." Marcus said over the link. He tried not to look at the blur, to avoid tipping off the hidden creature.
Ryan Fox
 Ryan Fox, 63 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 23:55
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Ryan nods.

"We do follow Boar. He is a nobler totem then some give him credit for. And a far, far stronger fighter then some give him credit for."
Storyteller
 GM, 185 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 00:28
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
The shimmering soon becomes noticeable by everyone. A Spirit soon materializes. Striding across the field toward your pack comes a giant dire boar with 3' long silver tusks. The boar stands 18' at the shoulders and is 30' long. The arrival of such a majestic beast sends a murmur through the crowd and draws all of the garou to the field. The dire boar goes first to Ryan, then to each of the other pack members, touching each with it's mighty tusks leaving a permanent tatoo on each one of a boars head with silver tusks over the heart. Speaking through Marcus the spirit says:

To Ryan: "Be strong and lead your pack well, do not be so hasty to ignore thei<Royalred><i>r advice."

To Marcus: "Don't be so quick to wallow in your losses my child, and you have a voice let it be heard."</i></Royalred>

To Nancy: "Be strong my little one it is you who will guard my children from the weavers devices as you are not afraid to use those devices no the weaver."

To LockJaw: "You are strong but you need to be less quick to anger. Become quicker of mind and body and protect your brothers and sisters."

To Sean: "Welcome. The balance you bring is needed."

To Shadowclaw: "Welcome. Your wit will open the eyes of the others with a better clarity than most logic."

To Leaf Storm: "Wecome. You and your people are mighty my child your brothers and sisters will need thatmight to survive this war."

With those words of encouragement the great boar returns to the spirit world. All that Asher can do now is shrug and say:

"Well they are pack.. Game on I guess"

Even an elder would not argue with such a majestic display of the forming of a pack. With the decision being made final Niel has no-where to go but forward with the game. He turns in a huff calling his pack mates into their positions ready to play as another elder prepares to throw the ball into play.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:31, Sat 18 Oct 2014.

Sean Selmetzi
 player, 35 posts
 homid, philodox stargazer
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 00:29
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
"then I will accept your offer to join you for I believe the proficy fortold to me reguards this pack indeed"
Storyteller
 GM, 188 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 02:39
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
If looks could kill there would have been a massacre, so venomous is the look that Niel gives Ryan and his pack. He shouts to his pack mates ordering them like serfs.

"Bone breaker, Decklan on psycho there." He points to Lock Jaw.

"Jama decimate that little one then take the chief." He points at Nancy.

"Runs head down, make sure our "brother" is covered." he says referring to Shadowclaw.

"Bites Banes, We'll run a hugger maneuver on the freak. but watch out for that little guy." He nods at Sean.

"Gonzalis where running the hugger, you know what to do make sure your in position and open when the time comes."  He says this to a wiry looking member of his pack.

His pack spreads as he has directed across the field.

"And I'll deal with Ryan.. Just me and you now Ryan, you'll see how much of a reject you and yours are." He says as he mans up against you Ryan.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:54, Sat 18 Oct 2014.

Sean Selmetzi
 player, 37 posts
 homid, philodox stargazer
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 03:27
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Mentally to ryan sean says "where do you want me I think in this game I would best serve as either stopping the person with the ball or defending our goal"

"or rather i should say bringing the person to the ground that has the ball recovering the ball is a different story entirely"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:30, Sat 18 Oct 2014.

Ryan Fox
 Ryan Fox, 64 posts
 Silver Fang
 Cliath
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 05:06
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
21:59, Today: Ryan Fox rolled 7 successes using 10d10 with the World of Darkness 2nd ed, Specialised system with a target of 3, rerolling 10s. Persuasion activate!

22:34, Today: Ryan Fox rolled 10 successes using 13d10 with the World of Darkness 2nd ed, Specialised system with a target of 6, rerolling 10s. EVERYONE cheers for me and mine! (Note, rolled against diff 6...even with all my bonuses...to make EVEN THE SHADOW LORDS turn from Neil and his.)



Meanwhile, the crowd was more or less eating out of Ryan's paw. He was such a likeable, charismatic garou to begin with, and his gifts only made him more so. The crowds were almost universally cheering his pack on.

"Marcus, go ahead and be goalie. I could use your level head keeping track of the field. We're gonna put these guys down with extreme prejudice."

"Reject? Who cheers for you and yours, Neil? Come on then...and meet the fate of all those who know not respect for their fellows."

He beckons Neil, with a 'bring it' grin on his face.

And then, to the pack...many of them new members, he gives his speech. Out loud on purpose...he wants the crowd to hear this too! It'll pump 'em up, he's sure.

"Whether or not you win this thing, you've gotta decide how you're gonna walk out of here when it's all said and done. Because the game is going to go on. And there's only one rule you're going to need to know about. There are no second chances. There is only this moment, and the next moment. Every one of those moments is a test that you get to take one time, and only one time. So if you see an opening, tear into it. If you get a shot at victory make damn sure you take it. Seize that moment. That moment is a crossroads where everything you want will collide with everything standing in your way. You've got momentum at your back, fear and doubt are thundering like a freight train straight at you. And all you got, the only difference between making history and being history, the only thing, the ONLY thing you can count on at any given moment is you! It's you vs. them! You vs. no! You vs. can't! You vs. next game! last game! statistics! excuses! It's you vs. history! You vs. the odds! You vs. 2nd place! The clock's ticking. Let's see what you got!"

[Private to GM: For the record, the difficulty of my social rolls is now at -4...difficulty 6 becomes 2...and even difficulty 10 rolls become 6. I can literally do the impossible with a reasonable chance of success at the moment.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:10, Sat 18 Oct 2014.

Storyteller
 GM, 196 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 07:08
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
OOC: Music for that beautiful little speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H0JDomv8ac

The whole crowed including the shadowlords that supported Niel, erupts with cheers for the Silver Tusks. You all run to your positions with your hearts buoyed and the crowed all on your side.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:14, Sat 18 Oct 2014.

Marcus (Gaia's Fire Fighter)
 player, 45 posts
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 08:41
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Marcus moved to where he was bid. As much poison was still in his heart, both Boar's and Ryan's words had galvanized him. This was a chance for him to channel his pain, to feel whole again. Damned would he be if he stood in the way for something great to happen today, especially with great Boar watching.

The lean snow white Crinos bent his knees, claws gripping the heavy wooden stick tight so much the wood started to groan, muscles bunching in anticipation. Ryan put him in the best place, for he was already contemplating a few tricks to give their side an edge if need be. His people created the Olympics to bring peace and honor the gods. He would show Neil and his ilk the full measure of that noble ancestry.

OOC: You said Gifts were allowed. How will that translate with the set rolls you are giving us? There is all kinds of tricks with Create Element I could do. Burn Gnosis for bonus dice on my rolls perhaps?

Shadowclaw
 player, 15 posts
 Ragabash Shadow Lord Wolf
 Here to make people laugh
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 12:56
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Shadowclaw grinned as he saw Niel ordering his pack around like a bunch of servants. He thought that maybe he should thank Niel later for refusing to accept him to his pack as he evidently dodged a bullet there. When Niel mentioned him in his plans, he couldn't resist, but to say: Thanks Niel, I appreciate you looking after me. Better send two of your pet doggies to guard me though, I have a tendency to get lost easily. That event where Boar himself showed up to admit them to the new pack was pretty nice. Maybe Shadowclaw started thinking that maybe he found a better pack then he anticipated at first.
I will be sure to be as witty as possible at all times then. he responded to Boar with a smile on his face.

Ryan, alpha of his new pack (or Lord, as seemed to befit him) was much more successful in riling the crowd up and getting it to cheer for them then Shadowclaw himself was and it was great having his own tribe on his side too instead of Niels. Him being in Ryans pack certainly made it easier, as they could cheer for them without feeling they are betraying their own tribe. And again, his own attempt was sabotaged by the Elder who simply had to follow the rules to the letter.

Knowing his strengths, Shadowclaw knew his role would probably be to mislead and spread chaos among Niels pack. Calling upon the gifts he was given by the spirits, he seemed to be slightly blurry and hard to see and the shadows around seemed to be transforming.

14:31, Today: Shadowclaw rolled 1 success using 7d10 with the World of Darkness 2nd ed, Specialised system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 7,7,8,6,9,5,1. Blur of the milky eye.

+1 to difficulty of Niels pack to notice me.

Spend one Gnosis for Shadow Weaving.

14:36, Today: Shadowclaw rolled 3 successes using 7d10 with the World of Darkness 2nd ed, Specialised system with a target of 7, rerolling 10s with rolls of 6,10(+2),4,7,4,4,8. Shadow Weaving.

I can now manipulate shadows to give us an advantage and also all stealth and intimidation difficulties are lowered by 1.

Leaf Storm
 player, 11 posts
 Lupus Ahroun
 Warrior of Uktena
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 14:41
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Leaf Storm sensed spirit magic emanating from the field, but he was still astonished when Boar spirit himself showed up to welcome them to the pack. He nodded his head in acknowledgement of the great Boar Totems words and headed off onto the field with his resolve and morale greatly fortified, as the crowd cheered for them and them only after their alpha's heartfelt speech. At this moment, he was certain he made the right choice when he joined this pack and their victory was within their grasp, if they all work as one to grab it from that cowards hands.
Sean Selmetzi
 player, 43 posts
 homid, philodox stargazer
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 17:56
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
Sean thanked the great spirit for his presence and knew that the profecy fortold to him must come to pass this day for all the stars were in alignment for it to be so.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:23, Sun 19 Oct 2014.

Storyteller
 GM, 209 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Wed 22 Oct 2014
at 00:20
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
After the rousing speech given by Ryan the crowed is going berserk when the game begins. All the Garou are watching by this time, elders included. The ball is thrown into the air and, *smash* Niel catches Ryan with a sneaky elbow to the jaw and catches the ball. He hurls it off as quickly as possible, mere moments before Ryan responds in kind. That is the beginning of the dirtiest most violent garou stick game every played.

The shadowlords pull every dirty trick in the book, this is matched by Lock jaws furiosity clubbing one of the shadowlords almost to death before he is tackled by others of Niels pack. Leaf storms speed and skills surprise everyone, until he is tripped up by a "spectating" Shadowlord as he makes a dash along the sidelines. If not Macus calling forth the elements and setting fire to the "Spectator" causing him to drop his knife. Giving Leaf storm a chance to get back into the game. Things may have turned out much worse.

Seans acrobatic talents, combined with the  ever changing field caused by Marcus brings many a cheer from the crowd. All the while Ryan directs play like Napolian calling maneuvers and plays to you all via the mental link. To all others he looks like a regal price striding silently across the field his pack working with perfect synchronicity, as an elite royal unit should.

In the end it is little Nancy the smallest of your pack that wins the day. Floored early on in the match, Niels pack disregards her as being written off for the game. Showing a grit rarely seen in one so young and small she crawled, scraped and maneuvered her way to the opponents goal. When the moment came she was there. The weakest in strength but fleet of foot, Nancy caught the ball hurled by Leaf storm, to be tackled right through the goal net by the shadowlord goalie. Thus winning the game.

This sends all the spectators wild with cheers and excitement. Rushing the field to congratulate your pack. The crowed hoists you above their heads cheering your victory! The match is on the lips of many a garou as the sun makes it's way across the sky. The silver tusks are invited to may fires to share food, and stories. The game has made you all instant celebrities.

The moot begins at night, less than an hour after sunset. All the tents and supplies have been packed up. No more homid luxuries for the weak. Tonight, all are Garou and all are strong. Seven fires blaze and the Garou form a circle, sitting at the edge
of the clearing with their backs to the trees . At the center of the clearing, elders and representatives of each tribe sit together on the ground.

Over 150 Garou are present at the moot, counting the Old Ones. Each tribe is honored with an opportunity for the highest-ranking tribal elder to tell a story, or to make mention of specific grievances or great deeds. This part of the moot lasts for several hours. It is followed with a retelling of the events leading up to the war.

"The first blood was drawn three weeks ago. In an attempt
to pit the vampires against us, the bloodthirsty Black Spiral
Dancers attacked a number of Cadaver dens . The attack did
not go unnoticed. The leader of the Leeches, Prince Lodin, sent
his undead out to murder all Garou they could find . Both the
Sept of Jupiter and the Sept of the Wind Catchers were forced
into hiding . Still, they found a number of us and murdered us
in the most bizarre ways."

"Many Garou fled the city, seeking safety among the
Shadow Lords north of Chicago. Some made it ; some did not.
They were slain, either by the Black Spirals, by the Leeches or
by Banes."

"However, the major assault did not occur until three days
ago. The Fanum priests were preparing to close up when a
strange man came to the door . He was greeted by one ofthe
Uktena Kinfolk, whom the stranger quickly mind-controlled.
The stranger forced the human to assure the Fanum spirit that
the stranger and his friends meant no harm. Then the Black
Spirals and Leeches poured into the main lobby. Almost at the
exact same instant, then were met by our armed Kinfolk guards
and Garou in Crinos form. The Fanum made a loud groaning
noise and shut the doors, forcing out a few of the slower
invaders who had not vet made it in.

We believe it was nearly midnight when the ritual was cast
by the Black Spiral Dancers. They freed the spirit from the gray
walls of the Fanum, but not completely . The ritual which had
bound it there still retained some potency. Alas, the Black
Spirals had foreseen this and were counting on it- They wanted
control of 'the spirit so they could corrupt it to serve the Wyrm.
One could see the very spirit of the Celestine exuding from the
walls and floating skyward through the roof.

There was a gunfight and a melee. We believed victory to
be inevitable, but unseen to us, a number of Leeches used their
vampiric mind controling powers to gain control over some of our brother
and sisters' minds, forcing them to surrender."

"A few of 'us managed to escape with our lives, but nothing
else . Most of our Kinfolk were probably put to death after we
left. We used a secret escape route which sealed itself shut right
after we got out. We have since tried to re-enter the Fanum
through that route, but the door is no longer there".

"The Black Spirals, along with their Leech allies, have
successfully stormed the Fanum, released the powerful spirit which
resided there and routing the Sept of Jupiter. It is known to us
that the Black Spiral Dancers are trying to corrupt the psyche of
Jupiter, the Fanum spirit, with the Wyrm. If they succeed, who knows
what will happen next? Regardless, it will be a terrible blow to Gaia."


The elders sitting in the inner circle turn to discussing battle plans. From what you hear the garou will be divided into 2 battle groups team Alpha and team Silver, leadership of the groups is a high point of contention with the elders spending much time arguing on this topic. Finally an agreement is struck, that each pack taking part in the war is to select a leader to represent them. They in turn will receive their instructions from the circle of elders who will remain at the sept (This is done to prevent the Shadowlords or Get of Fenris from taking over the whole show).

It is decided that team Alpha (Comprised of a majority of local and visiting shadowlords, including Niel and his pack, totaling 78 Garou) will go the following night to clear the wyrm pit. That your pack discovered, where Shai lost her life.

You and your pack are part of team Silver (Made up of the other visitors, but a majority of Bone Gnawers from Chicargo, and survivors of the original attack on the Fanon. Totaling 68 Garou.) who will go into the city and hunt down the leeches and kill them in their havens while they sleep. When they're at their weakest.

Then with the reinforcements of the wyrm pit and the leeches cut off. The 2 teams will join for an attack on the Fanon to reclaim it. Together you will drive out the Black Spiral dances and once again bind the celestine to the building.

After all this is done, there is a glorious war dance as the Garou ready themselves for battle . Then the howling starts . No-one knows exactly when it ends, but when it does, the Revel begins. The countryside is pastureland - pastureland full of sheep. Sheep for the wolves .

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:21, Wed 22 Oct 2014.

Marcus (Gaia's Fire Fighter)
 player, 55 posts
Wed 22 Oct 2014
at 06:22
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
After the game is over, Marcus would approach Niel's pack, compacting himself into Homid form as he does so. He was tired, his body was still healing from the fierce game, but something inside him had been sated from the experience. Ignoring whatever insults they might fling at him as he approached, he took off his backpack and withdrew one of the gourds from inside. It was a Gaia's Breath Talen, one he had personally fashioned with the help of the Caern spirit that guarded the place they both called home. He held out the precious healing Talen to Neil, a small smile on his face.

"You have great passion Neil. Your Elders favor you, I can see that. No doubt you will find a great place in your tribe. Believe me, I know what it is like to feel the pressures of your tribe. To my people, I am both a literal interpretation of their pain and someone to be pitied as I cannot embrace the truest wonders that Pegasus has shared with my sisters. Believe that I understand, and without any malice or mockery, I wish that you and your Pack success and glory. Here...hopefully this might spare you from having to know the agony of losing a packmate. Use it well."


If no one took the Talen from his hand, he would leave it near them, then nod and turn to walk back to his own pack.
Storyteller
 GM, 216 posts
 Harbinger of Doom
 Keeper of the Prophacy
Wed 22 Oct 2014
at 09:42
Re: A call to War, Travel to Chicago.
knowing that to not accept such a gracious gesture would be an embarrassment to him and his pack, Niel nods taking the gift before leading his pack to their camp to lick their wounds.