Chapter 8.5- Swamps and Voodoo.   Posted by Artemis.Group: 0
Darren (Boon) Calhoun
 player, 57 posts
 HP:140/173 AC:21/22
 Looket what we 'ave 'ere!
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 14:44
Chapter 8.5
Darren had started to pick up on the clues but a little too late. It finally dawned on Darren right before Lilly spoke that he wasn't to talk about what had happen. The youth's cheeds flushed, not so much for Lilly's bluntness cause he understood it, but for his late pick up.

Darren listened and despite obvious accusations of distrust he attempted eye contact with jo, mouthing an apology.

Afterward Darren turned his emerely eyes to Lilly, she had a point and if this Simon had any information that could save time then that was best, time afterall was of essense.
Josephine Hartley
 player, 487 posts
Sun 11 Jun 2017
at 03:13
Chapter 8.5
Nodding, Josephine smiled and laughed, trying to play it off,

"Yea, you must've misread something alright, silly. Its ok, I still love you!" she giggled, patting Lily softly on the shoulder.

Seeing Darren's mouthed whisper, she glanced away, as she was inwardly sort of ashamed at how she was acting. Still, she was lost and had no idea what to do here.
Darren (Boon) Calhoun
 player, 58 posts
 HP:140/173 AC:21/22
 Looket what we 'ave 'ere!
Mon 12 Jun 2017
at 22:50
Chapter 8.5
The youth smiled and nodded but didn't vocalize an opinion. Instead the youth thought on their circumstance and Lilly'S option was perhaps their only one until morning. They could always use more information before trying the neighborhood again.

The more information, the more likely something might come forward. Darren moved, adjusting his standing position. " this Simon may be our best option...with more information we could narrow down our search." Darren stated more just to vocalize.
Artemis
 GM, 1568 posts
Tue 13 Jun 2017
at 13:44
Chapter 8.5
Darren/Jo: Lily arches a brow but you can tell she's not exactly convinced. For Jo's sake though, she lets the subject drop.

As the subject turns to Simon she grins. Alright, we have our plans then. Shall we?

ooc: I'm combining you now. Ezri is no longer playing by the way, so I've deleted her previous posts. Simon, you're simply at the doctor's praying for Victoria and so on.

Everyone: You soon rejoin the good father at the doctor's. Lily takes the time to remove her nun's habit before entering though, the doctor would probably be a bit confused if she were suddenly a nun. Darren, you see she has long black hair and though you could tell she was a native before it is that much more apparent now.

You also recognize the priest from before though to your horror you are also introduced to a young black woman who seems to be missing her eyes, and recently too from the looks of it.

Simon, we have a name. Eleanor Rosings. You think you can help us track her down? I figured with your connections...

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:45, Tue 13 June 2017.

Father Simon Cole
 player, 1156 posts
 Orthodox Exorcist
 HP50/19 AC18/15/16
Tue 13 Jun 2017
at 13:55
Chapter 8.5
Simon nodded, "Yes of course. I know a lot of people here in this area. My concern is that I do not think it wise to leave Victoria alone. She is a target, after all."

Once they get going it won't take him very long at all...

09:53, Today: Father Simon Cole rolled 22 using 1d20+7.  Gather Info.
Josephine Hartley
 player, 488 posts
Tue 13 Jun 2017
at 20:15
Chapter 8.5
As they approached, and Lily took off her nun's habit, Josephine couldn't help it, and ran her hand through her friend's hair, whispering,

"You have such beautiful hair, I can't stand it!" she smiled, before turning back to the others with rapt attention...

...rapt attention, for Josephine of course, meaning hardly being able to pay attention. Simon was very direct with his words, however, and that made things easier for Jo. Nodding at what he said, Josephine offered an idea,

"Alright, Darren here is about as good at bodyguarding as anybody can be, so we can leave him with Victoria. Simon, you and Lily probably want a little time together, so you can go out and gather some information on this Eleanor Rosings. I can..." she paused, slightly, but then continued, "I guess I can stay here and keep Darren company, just in case he needs help at all. You know, defending, and stuff." she said keeping her gaze from landing on Lily's. She knew the second her native friend caught her glance she was doomed, so she was suddenly very busy fidgeting with the hem of her clothing.
Darren (Boon) Calhoun
 player, 59 posts
 HP:140/173 AC:21/22
 Looket what we 'ave 'ere!
Wed 14 Jun 2017
at 07:24
Chapter 8.5
Darren followed and wasn't too suprised to see Lillian was a native. Having dealt with his fair share of prejudice, Darren wasn't too quick to judge and having seen her heart was in the right place didn't feel the need to label her.

Once inside and seeing the eyeless woman Darren looked away, he could stomach it, it had just been jarring. After a moment, he turned back and listened to the others. The plan seemed sound and Darren knew he was more of a fighter than one who cold glean information, afterall, it was easier to glean Knowledge when you could read people which Darren was bad at.

" Seems like a good course of action, though you think someone would come for her? She seems an unlikely target as injured as she is," Darren ob servers looking to Jo and noting more of uncomfortable behavior he'd miss if he wasn't looking.
Father Simon Cole
 player, 1157 posts
 Orthodox Exorcist
 HP50/19 AC18/15/16
Wed 14 Jun 2017
at 13:14
Chapter 8.5
Simon held up a hand, "I was actually hoping Lily would volunteer. She is the one the police are looking for, so laying low here while we go looking for information is the best place for her." He gave his attention to Lily, "Don't you think that is the best, Lily? You can watch over Victoria and we will be back quickly. I know where to go in this town for information."

09:53, Today: Father Simon Cole rolled 22 using 1d20+7.  Gather Info. Reposting for Artemis's sake.
Artemis
 GM, 1572 posts
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 13:10
Chapter 8.5
Lily smiles at Jo's compliment, clearly amused.

At Simon's suggestion she gives a nod but sighs. I suppose that's what I get for ripping someone's liver out. Wish I could at least remember it she adds with a frown. Alright, off with you three then. Be safe though. Whoever this Eleanor woman is, she's clearly bad news. If she is too much for you, come back and get me.

Should no one have further business there, you head off to find news of Eleanor. Fortunately Simon has many contacts and his dealings with the church are especially useful as their net is wide and they have even further contacts.

It doesn't take long to hear tell of this Miss Rosings. Apparently she is the neighbor of a churchgoer who has complained to a priest about her seemingly worldly ways. She entertains strangers at all times of the night, alone and unchaperoned, she dresses scandalously, and has the coldest eyes the woman had ever seen. It is simple enough to find an address from this information and if you wish it you find yourselves on the outskirts of the city, a tall dark victorian home looms on a hill. The nearest house is not horribly close, but well within view of it. No doubt it is the churchgoer who complained. She would certainly have a good vantage of the comings and goings of it.
The house itself has an iron gate around it with sharp points though it should be manageable to climb unless one is extraordinarily clumsy.

ooc: Let me know the game plan and make any appropriate rolls
Father Simon Cole
 player, 1158 posts
 Orthodox Exorcist
 HP50/19 AC18/15/16
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 14:38
Chapter 8.5
Simon suggests using their old collecting for the poor ruse.
Artemis
 GM, 1574 posts
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 14:08
Chapter 8.5
ooc: Barring anyone disagreeing, that sounds like a good plan. I'll give you a day to post your bluffs and such and then I'm going to move on.
Josephine Hartley
 player, 489 posts
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 14:27
Chapter 8.5
ooc: As far as I know, its just you and simon going back and forth until the information is gleaned, and he returns, so I haven't posted.
Artemis
 GM, 1577 posts
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 14:29
Chapter 8.5
ooc: Sorry, I thought I implied that Lily would stay with Victoria and the three of you would go talk to this Eleanor together. Lily says, "Off with you three then." I can see why it would be easy to miss though, so my apologies.
Josephine Hartley
 player, 490 posts
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 14:36
Chapter 8.5
ooc: Oh! My bad, but Jo wouldn't leave Lily alone either... let the boys go handle it, lol!
Father Simon Cole
 player, 1159 posts
 Orthodox Exorcist
 HP50/19 AC18/15/16
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 15:54
Chapter 8.5
Simon doesn't like. He needs Josephine for that...please. It is your speciality.
Artemis
 GM, 1583 posts
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 19:49
Chapter 8.5
ooc: Ok, hopefully Jo will post soonish (not that I'm one to talk about posting considering my flakyness...) go ahead and roll bluffs everyone and let me know your intentions. When you get to the door it will be opened by a manservant, should you stick to the subterfuge route. So think on what you will say and do and post accordingly. Also, go ahead and roll spots while you're at it.
Father Simon Cole
 player, 1160 posts
 Orthodox Exorcist
 HP50/19 AC18/15/16
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 12:45
Chapter 8.5
I'm not going to make a bluff check, Simon won't lie on purpose.
Artemis
 GM, 1585 posts
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 20:45
Chapter 8.5
ooc: Josephine is a bit busy and asked me to post on her behalf.

Simon/Jo/Darren:

The three of you are met at the door by a manservant with quite a sneer on his face. Josephine, ever the charmer of course, runs through the tale of collecting for charity with expertise and though he still looks like a grump, he grudgingly lets you enter. By now it is starting to get late, but Jo's excuses of seeing the light on and hoping for a bit of water at the very least after such a long day of collecting alms does the trick. Soon you find yourselves in a fine parlor. Everything is immaculate and what's more there are quite a few exotic artifacts encased in glass throughout the room. Whoever lives here has traveled. You also see a massive painted portrait of who you assume is the lady of the house. A dark haired beauty with skin as white as snow. The piercing eyes of the painting seem to stare at you as you sit on the velvet couch, awaiting word on your hostess and your drinks.

ooc: I'll give you guys a sec to decide if you want to try to sneak or just talk to her, etc.
Father Simon Cole
 player, 1161 posts
 Orthodox Exorcist
 HP50/19 AC18/15/16
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 16:41
Chapter 8.5
Simon nodded his thank you, "Coffee if you have it, thank you."
Josephine Hartley
 player, 492 posts
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 18:13
Chapter 8.5
Josephine moved in and sat down, "Water please, thanks."
Artemis
 GM, 1587 posts
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 18:37
Chapter 8.5
The drinks arrive from the snob faced manservant and eventually the woman of the house arrives. As you wait, Simon can't help but notice the painting looks increasingly familiar, then as the mistress of the house enters, you realize why with a chill.
Ah it's the priest again. And a new wench eh? What happened to your squaw? she chuckles. To Simon's shock he suddenly recognizes the face in the painting as its subject glides gracefully into the room. Hecate.

Of course Darren and Jo have no inkling of who she is yet, but every hair on your body seems to stand up and it's all you can do not to run right there. The pure feeling of power is intense.
Josephine Hartley
 player, 493 posts
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 23:42
Chapter 8.5
Josephine, sensing that she didn't know everything about the scene, turned towards Simon and waited for him to explain or take over for them.
Father Simon Cole
 player, 1162 posts
 Orthodox Exorcist
 HP50/19 AC18/15/16
Wed 5 Jul 2017
at 13:49
Chapter 8.5
Simon put his coffee down as the realization dawned on him. "Hecate, I should have known you would be involved. You will not think baddly of me if my companions go unnamed?" Turning to his comrades, "Allow me to present the Queen of all witches, Hecate. As for Lily, she is very close by indeed. I'm sure you remember what else she is as well."

Simon stood and looked the demon in her eyes, fearless because of Faith. "You will also forgive my being blunt. You have, through your agent, started a personal war with Lily, myself, and my comrades. Whatever truce we had you have broken. Since I know your name..." He held he Rosary to her, his holy symbol. He spoke in a clear firm voice, "Hecate, Queen of the witches, the one who stands before you speaks not with his own power, but with the power of Jesus Christ All Mighty Savior of mankind. In his name and authority I command you, release our friend's eyes or be banished back to Satan's domain."

Simon recites scripture in Latin, focusing on the Rosary.

cast command

This message was last edited by the player at 13:49, Wed 05 July 2017.

Artemis
 GM, 1589 posts
Fri 7 Jul 2017
at 12:35
Chapter 8.5


The woman laughs at Simon's attempts, which, unfortunately do nothing. I'm afraid I'm too much for your powers little man. And if Lily were here, it would be quite interesting to see who would win. Good thing she's not or half the block could be torn down and I do like my little house she purrs. Now, I heard about your little witch's unfortunate incident. That was not my doing, Bethseda acted alone. If you stir me too much though I will react so watch yourself she arches a brow. Now sit. Drink your coffee. You obviously came expecting someone else, my alias perhaps? What is it you all want?
Father Simon Cole
 player, 1163 posts
 Orthodox Exorcist
 HP50/19 AC18/15/16
Fri 7 Jul 2017
at 13:31
Chapter 8.5
Simon, realizing the command had no effect, reverts to defensive. He prays aloud, reciting the 23rd Psalm "...yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for though art with me, thy rod and they staff they comfort me." Then repeats it in Latin.

Casting Shield of Faith

He stood fast. "You have no more power over me than I have over you. Beware this foe, my comrades."

I cannot remember why we are here, sorry. I forgot we already have Victoria's eyes, again I apologize. Some help from my friends would be appreciated.