A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 182 posts
 All Seeing Eye
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 21:06
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
The man looked sternly at Huruyan then turned to a slave squatting nearby. "You, politely inform Chozal of the Silver Net that Tordo of the Jade Mortar has a business opportunity for him at my pier."

Then turning back to Huruyan, "Move your boat back until Chozal of the Silver Net arrives. You are interfering with my business."
With that he gestures to a boat behind your's to push forward to the dock.

The slave quickly scampered off, weaving his way along the plank pathways among the boats and barges.
Taking those that were not a direct path but had the same color stripes.
Huruyan
 player, 55 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts 2
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 21:06
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
Huruyan smiles politely, gives a little nod and backs the boat back out of the way."Thank you sir".
Huruyan
 player, 56 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts 2
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 21:07
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
"Hey Kumahl, it just came to me that we grew up in the town of Miyel on an island called Llurura which is several days travel south of here. This may mean that our memories may all come back."Huruyan is very pleased about this possibility.
GM
 GM, 183 posts
 All Seeing Eye
Sun 26 Jul 2015
at 21:09
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
Huruyan's revelation about the home island solidifies at least one of the swirling memories for Kumahl as well.

As you wait, the boat that took your place starts to unload and its cargo carries with it smells that cut through the miasma that clings to the harbor.
Some of the odors start your mouth watering as they bring back memories of the cooking pots of home. Others are even less appetizing than the scum on the water.
One of those smells remind you of the medicine you were forced to drink to cure a malady you had as a child.

After a time a small group of men approach from the direction the slave left in. You spot him trailing behind them.
An imposing figure strides in the middle of the group with a slave holding a parasol to keep him always shaded. He is wearing a blouse and a short skirt of a fine material.
His hair has a layered cut that makes it look like he has multiple small caps stacked on his head. His sash is a pale blue with a netting of silver thread and on his blouse above his heart is the same color in a diamond shape with a silver crosshatch.
Ahead of him are two warriors with skirts and spears.
While following him is a slave carrying a small chest and to two more warriors with maces. Behind them is a man with a skirt and a sash as well as another slave carrying a square basket.
They all have the pale blue and silver sashes.

He goes directly to Tordo and they talk privately while glancing in your direction.
Soon Tordo returns with one of the spearmen and summons you closer.

"Overseer Chozal of the Silver Net is interested in your boat but wants his man to inspect it", he states. "He also wants to know where you got it from?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:03, Thu 30 July 2015.

Huruyan
 player, 62 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 0
Thu 30 Jul 2015
at 10:45
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to GM (msg # 7):

Inspect all you want it's a good boat. We've had the boat for years, and I can tell you she is fine and sturdy. Aside from a few personal items and this basket to put them in it all goes with the boat, sail, oars, all of it.
GM
 GM, 189 posts
 All Seeing Eye
Thu 30 Jul 2015
at 12:05
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
The spearman stepped aboard and started poking and prodding the boat.
He opened the well and unfurled the sail enough to get a good look at it. While he didn't display any respect for the occupants, he did show some for the boat and net.
After grabbing up several handfuls of the net while inspecting it, he restored it to neatness.

Grunts as he made an appraisal of each item and the clacking of the chlen hide strips making up his skirt where the only sounds.
Though he was wearing serviceable sandals, you notice his flame painted toe nails are well pedicured. His fingernails are also.

He made no attempt to strike up a conversation with the occupants of the boat.
A quick glance in the baskets on the right to confirm that they contained your personal belongings, foodstuffs and spare gear, then he was done.

Returning to Chozal he bowed and made his report. Chozal and Tordo spoke together quietly and then Tordo strode up to your boat.
"Overseer Chozal of the Silver Net has graciously offered to purchase your boat for one hundred gold Kaitars," he stated formally. "If you accept, remove yourselves and your baskets."

"Payment and sales document will be given by a servant of Overseer Chozal."
With that he turned away without waiting for you to reply.

Even with no skill as a merchant, you suspect this to be an unreasonably low price.
Huruyan
 player, 64 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 0
Thu 30 Jul 2015
at 13:00
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to GM (msg # 9):

"Pardon me sir," Huruyan calls after Tordo, "that seems a very low price for such a fine boat and equipment. Is there someone else who might give us a better price?" When Tordo turns around (assuming he does) Huruyan gives him a large smile.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:14, Thu 30 July 2015.

GM
 GM, 192 posts
 All Seeing Eye
Fri 31 Jul 2015
at 00:43
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
Supervisor Tordo slowly turns at Huruyan's hail.
From his expression he is annoyed at having his work interrupted again.
"I'm not sure why you are trying to sell your clan's boat but not many would be willing to be involved with such a transaction.
Overseer Chozal is willing and can compensate your clan if it turns out you do not have permission to sell it."
"He is not willing to pay you more and also have to pay your clan later."

He motions towards the mass of moored boats outside the wall.
"There are many who would be willing to take your boat and make it disappear, but it is unlikely you would be pleased with the transaction."

He then turns and yells at one of the dock hands that he thinks is not moving fast enough.
Huruyan
 player, 67 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 0
Fri 31 Jul 2015
at 09:26
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to GM (msg # 11):





"We accept the offer of 100k" Huruyan calls out to Tordo. With that, Huruyan grabs his side of the large basket with one hand and his spear with the other and urges Kumahl to grab his side and leave the boat.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:28, Fri 31 July 2015.

Kumahl
 player, 76 posts
 P5 T6 W0 B2
Fri 31 Jul 2015
at 11:38
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
After initial hesitation, Kumahl grabs the other side of the large basket and helps Huruyan lift it out of the boat.
"It has served us well as it will others," he said.

Looking around then heading towards where Overseer Chozal's men are waiting he states, "we need to locate our clan house in this city. Our money will not go far here."
Huruyan
 player, 68 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 0
Fri 31 Jul 2015
at 12:10
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to Kumahl (msg # 13):

Yes, we should ask when we get our money, and if he doesn't know then others as we go.
GM
 GM, 196 posts
 All Seeing Eye
Fri 31 Jul 2015
at 12:31
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
The large basket, that is sturdy enough to sit on, contains some miscellaneous items and a couple of bags with your personal items.
A couple of mostly full waterskins
A small crude wooden box with chlen hide fishhooks, small stone weights and floats.
A small mostly empty waterproofed bag of hard biscuits
A firemaker kit in a tiny waterproofed bag
A couple resin torches
A change of loin cloths for both of you
A couple of water resistant cloaks with hoods
2 sets of waterproof goggles

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:41, Sat 01 Aug 2015.

GM
 GM, 197 posts
 All Seeing Eye
Fri 31 Jul 2015
at 12:34
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
With your basket between you, you approach Chozal and the people surrounding him. As you get near, the man with a skirt and a sash you saw earlier motions you towards an impromptu desk made from the square basket the slave had been carrying. He has two small bags, one bulky and the other mostly empty. He is just finishing the second document which he then offers both of to you.

Sitting the basket down, Kumahl takes the offered papers.
When Kumahl finished reviewing he took his seal from around his neck, touched it to the offered ink pad and pressed it to the bottom of each paper.
Kumahl told Huruyan that each copy of the sales document was in order, even though more elaborate then the ones back home. There were many more evocations of the approval of the Emperor and the Gods then necessary.
Huruyan followed Kumahl's lead and then handed the papers back.

With that, Chozal's man handed over the bulkier bag to Huruyan. It had a nice heft to it. From the sound and feel, the bag was full of gold and silver discs.

Kumahl and Huruyan both noticed the hungry look of many scruffy dock hands and fisher-folk as they followed the proceeding. Some were sly in their watching but others were not.
Huruyan
 player, 70 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 0
Fri 31 Jul 2015
at 14:06
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to GM (msg # 16):

"Pardon kind sir, but where might we find a chapter of our clan Emerald Fishers?" Huruyan asks humbly of the man handing him the bag of gold. "Also where might we find a reliable guide?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:16, Fri 31 July 2015.

GM
 GM, 199 posts
 All Seeing Eye
Fri 31 Jul 2015
at 17:40
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
The man gets a thoughtful look.
"Emerald Fishers ... I don't recall hearing of them. Since the Palace of the Realm keeps a central registry of all clans, I'm certain they would be registered there.

From the clan name I would think you could find Emerald Fishers on the waterfront.
'Emerald' being used in a clan name usually denotes a strong Dlamelish preference in the clan.
The Emerald Lady is Jakalla's patron deity so, you could also try at her temple or one of her many shrines.

As for guides, that would depend on where you wanted to be guided to.
There are professional guide for hunting and out of town trips.
A clan member can escort you around the city."

A couple of scruffy boys bounce up from different directions.
"I can guide you sir! I know where everything is!!" they both exclaim.

The man nods towards them, "It seems you will not have to go far to find guides."
With that he begins collecting his belonging to follow after his retreating master.

You notice that the previous spearman has started moving your boat away, deeper into the mass of surrounding boats.
Huruyan
 player, 72 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 0
Fri 31 Jul 2015
at 17:56
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to GM (msg # 18):

"So" said Huruyan, "which of you is brave enough to guide us, as we look for our clan and possibly some adventure?"
GM
 GM, 204 posts
 All Seeing Eye
Sat 1 Aug 2015
at 18:52
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
Before either of the boys can answer another boy, that looks more presentable, pushes his way through the surrounding kids.
"I know where the Emerald Fisher's have their clan boat. I saw it just the other day. I can take you there," he claims.

The first two boys look at this new kid skeptically.
"Where are you from?" one asks.

"I am of the Bronze Hook," the new boy proclaimed proudly. "We know every fishing clan."
Kumahl
 player, 77 posts
Mon 3 Aug 2015
at 02:23
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to GM (msg # 20):

Looking to the new arrival, Kumahl says, "The fishing clans should know each other. Forgive us young one if we do not recognize the Bronze Hook, but I believe you know what you say."

To Huruyan, "I trust you to work out a suitable payment."
Huruyan
 player, 73 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 0
Mon 3 Aug 2015
at 10:54
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to Kumahl (msg # 21):

To Kumahl, "I think I can handle that." Then turning to the boy of the Bronze Hook, "Well young man, what do you charge to guide strangers about this fine city?"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:56, Mon 03 Aug 2015.

GM
 GM, 207 posts
 All Seeing Eye
Mon 3 Aug 2015
at 12:16
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
"For two Hlash I, Messenger Dosuri of the Bronze Hook, will lead you anywhere in the city," proclaimed the new boy.
He boldly held out his right hand.

Instead of the other children pressing in and trying to gain your attention like you would expect, they have gathered in a few groups and are whispering together.
Kumahl
 player, 78 posts
Mon 3 Aug 2015
at 13:58
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to GM (msg # 23):

"I have regained myself, old friend. From the look of things we will be known among many very soon. Let us be off." Kumahl claps Huruyan on the shoulder and picks up his end of the basket.
Huruyan
 player, 74 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 0
Mon 3 Aug 2015
at 15:15
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to GM (msg # 23):

"What do you suppose is up with them?" Huruyan whispers to Kumahl, pointing to all the other boys. "You would think there would be a considerable competition for 2 hlash."
Kumahl
 player, 79 posts
Mon 3 Aug 2015
at 17:30
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to Huruyan (msg # 25):

"I think that these boys," nodding towards the non Bronze Hook boys, " have yet to find a place in a clan."

"Our potential guide has claim because as he has status."
Huruyan
 player, 75 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 0
Mon 3 Aug 2015
at 17:33
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
In reply to Kumahl (msg # 26):

"Ah, yes that would make a difference." Turning to Dosuri, "One hlash now and the other when we are finished, deal?" Sure that this would be satisfactory with the boy, Huruyan held out 1 hlash toward the boy of Bronze Hook clan.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:35, Mon 03 Aug 2015.

GM
 GM, 210 posts
 All Seeing Eye
Mon 3 Aug 2015
at 23:28
Re: A1 S2: At the Blue Tower Docks
It was obvious that Messenger Dosuri could barely restrain himself for snatching the silver coin from your hand.
"Yes Sir!" his said with conviction.
With that he took the coin and quickly stuffed it in his loincloth then turning with a flourish.
"Follow me Sirs!"

As you pick up your basket to follow Messenger Dosuri, the whispering children around you take off from both sides towards the city walls. They quickly scamper out of sight in all directions leaving a few to watch and tag along at a distance.

You move slowly, because of your burden, and pick your way along the planks from boat to boat angling more or less towards the city.

After a while you notice that you are trending away from the city and the boats are moored in clumps and not in such a solid mass as before.