A4 S2: Into the Dark.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Kumahl
 player, 477 posts
Thu 21 Jul 2016
at 16:30
A4 S2: Into the Dark
In odd tones, what one might term shouting in other languages,
GM
 GM, 674 posts
 Past Future
Fri 22 Jul 2016
at 21:22
A4 S2: Into the Dark
A deeper toned hissing voice responded to Kumahl.

وجود دارد برای گرفتن آن است. ما را تهدید به چه علت؟ این نمی تواند خورده شود و تنها جذب مشکل.
Kumahl
 player, 479 posts
Fri 22 Jul 2016
at 21:28
A4 S2: Into the Dark
Kumahl motions to Huruyan, "Be prepared. We may yet claim the dowry."

Turning to the Lord Seer, "What all was included in the dowry? It seems that the Qol will willing turn it over to us."

Kumahl turns back to the ruin opening,
Lord Seer Epengar
Fri 22 Jul 2016
at 22:18
A4 S2: Into the Dark
"To the best of my knowledge it is several chests of gold coins."
"Enough to please the wife of even an imbecile."
"A marriage of convenience is only a convenience for one side."
"We really need to complete the gifting."
GM
 GM, 675 posts
 Past Future
Fri 22 Jul 2016
at 22:23
A4 S2: Into the Dark
More deep toned hissing issues forth from the other side.

گام چهارم به چه علت؟ برای باز کردن درب شما به ما نیاز ندارد.
تهدید خود را اعتماد به ما نمی دهد.

Kumahl
 player, 480 posts
Fri 22 Jul 2016
at 23:29
A4 S2: Into the Dark


Clearing his throat, Kumahl drinks some water from his water skin. "
GM
 GM, 676 posts
 Past Future
Sat 23 Jul 2016
at 03:19
A4 S2: Into the Dark
The deep toned hissing continued from the other side in response to Kumahl.

ما خدمت سلاح ما داشته باشد. مورد استفاده در شما ما را ندارد.
درب تمام قدیمی هستند.

Kumahl
 player, 481 posts
Sat 23 Jul 2016
at 03:57
A4 S2: Into the Dark
Kumahl nearly takes his own head off when he smacks his palm against his forehead. "The second passage we never explored, the dowry is there. Lord Seer, have we porters and servant enough to carry out the dowry?"
Huruyan
 player, 424 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 2057
Sat 23 Jul 2016
at 10:49
A4 S2: Into the Dark
In reply to Kumahl (msg # 65):

"Hah, that's great Kumahl. Isn't it Lord Seer?"
Lord Seer Epengar
Sat 23 Jul 2016
at 14:53
A4 S2: Into the Dark
"We certainly have."

"We even have enough to work in shifts to reduce the number of stops we would have to make."

"If we can get to a Sakbe Road tower there may be a village nearby to get supplies from."
"I seem to recall that there was, back the way we had come."

The excitement of actually having a chance to accomplish his mission, where others had failed, is clear in his voice.
Kumahl
 player, 482 posts
Sat 23 Jul 2016
at 16:32
A4 S2: Into the Dark
"I have some further questions for the Qol. Huruyan, would additional light be of assistance to you in the tunnels? I could produce some light that might save torches and lanterns for later use."

"Before we head back down, come scout with me. We need to locate directions of the travelling Hlyss."

Looking to the guardsmen, "Be cautious and alert. We will be back shortly."
Huruyan
 player, 425 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 2057
Sun 24 Jul 2016
at 10:48
A4 S2: Into the Dark
In reply to Kumahl (msg # 68):

"Extra light is always helpful underground."

Kumahl and Huruyan head out to scout the travel direction of the Hylss.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:50, Sun 24 July 2016.

GM
 GM, 677 posts
 Past Future
Sun 24 Jul 2016
at 12:39
A4 S2: Into the Dark
The morning sun reveals an empty clearing with a strong odor of fresh burning and charred flesh.

The bodies of the fallen are scattered where they died with many having gnawed portions from night scavengers.
The rustling it the brush remind both that the feeders have not fled far on their arrival.

Both Huyuran and Kumahl agree that the Hlyss trail leads off to the north west.
It is the direction that they had first come from.

Beside the lurking scavengers, and the set of footprints out the back of the tent, there is no obvious sign of other visitors.
Huruyan
 player, 426 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 2057
Sun 24 Jul 2016
at 16:16
A4 S2: Into the Dark
In reply to GM (msg # 70):

"It looks like they are gone, and I say good riddance. Let's get the dowry and get out of here while we can."
Kumahl
 player, 483 posts
Sun 24 Jul 2016
at 16:31
A4 S2: Into the Dark
Kumahl nods to his brother. Gathering up a discarded piece of leather, he fashions a cone that he attaches to the head of one of the warriors. With the wide part opened upward, Kumahl places a scrap of cloth in it and casts Light on it.

Heading off in front of the the lighted warrior, Kumahl leads the group to the other hallway.
Huruyan
 player, 427 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 2057
Sun 24 Jul 2016
at 21:21
A4 S2: Into the Dark
In reply to Kumahl (msg # 72):

"Lord Seer, I think we should only bring those we need for the retrieval down with us. That would be Kumahl about 6 of your least wounded soldiers, 10 porters and myself. The rest should collect anything still scattered on the ground and start burying the dead. Does this sound reasonable to you?"
Kumahl
 player, 484 posts
Mon 25 Jul 2016
at 03:54
A4 S2: Into the Dark
"We need to get going, the extra light won't last long."

OOC: I recommend checking for the location that shows the most travel.
Huruyan
 player, 428 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 2057
Mon 25 Jul 2016
at 10:44
A4 S2: Into the Dark
In reply to Kumahl (msg # 74):

"Exactly where did the Qol tell you the dowry was?"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:45, Mon 25 July 2016.

Kumahl
 player, 485 posts
Mon 25 Jul 2016
at 15:46
A4 S2: Into the Dark
In reply to Huruyan (msg # 75):

"The hallway to the right not the one with the sealed door."
Huruyan
 player, 429 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 2057
Mon 25 Jul 2016
at 16:41
A4 S2: Into the Dark
In reply to Kumahl (msg # 76):

"Ok, then if we have the people we want, let's go and see what is in that corridor." With that Huruyan leads the way, asking the soldier with the spell light to follow just behind him. (if as it appears in the map there isn't anything in that corridor then I will proceed to the corner and take a quick look around it)

This message was last edited by the player at 16:49, Mon 25 July 2016.

GM
 GM, 681 posts
 Past Future
Mon 25 Jul 2016
at 23:33
A4 S2: Into the Dark
The intrepid group proceeded across the water ignoring the hissing from the Qol and proceeded to the end of the right northern corridor.

The decorations in this corridor's walls show a divine being providing the best weather to people that look to be her worshipers.

There are many different pictures of rain, wind storms, snow and baking sunshine.

Both Huruyan and Kumahl agree the dust on the floor shows that Qol have gone in and out of the first of the two doors.

The corridor makes a 'T' intersection with double solid wooden doors in the middle of the 'T'.
To the left the corridor connects back to the first corridor and to the right it continues east descending gently into the darkness.
A ten foot landing separates each twenty foot section of stairs starting fifteen feet from the 'T'.

There has been some traffic up and down the stairs but the corridor has been rarely used, as far as the dust shows.
Most of the foot prints look like Qol but other older ones are too dust covered to determine what made them.

The murals on the walls of this corridor depict views through dimensional doors into other planes.
Some look like paradise, others look deadly. The pictures form interlocking loops, as far as can be seen into the darkness.
Huruyan
 player, 431 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 2057
Tue 26 Jul 2016
at 00:52
A4 S2: Into the Dark
In reply to GM (msg # 78):

"It appears that we need to check out that first door that the Qol were using." Huruyan leads the group back to the first door and checks to see if it is locked.
GM
 GM, 682 posts
 Past Future
Tue 26 Jul 2016
at 21:13
A4 S2: Into the Dark
The latch on the door is intricate and does include a locking mechanism.
It is made of sturdy brass and shows only slight wear of removed tarnish on the handle.
The guardsmen glance around and shuffle their feet nervously.

The other door looks the same only with more tarnish on the brass.
Huruyan
 player, 432 posts
 P-7 T-7 B-3 W-0
 Exp. Pts: 2057
Wed 27 Jul 2016
at 10:27
A4 S2: Into the Dark
In reply to GM (msg # 80):

"You 2 with the lanterns, stand over against the wall opposite the door. Kumahl, I'm ready to open the door if you are."
Kumahl
 player, 487 posts
Wed 27 Jul 2016
at 17:45
A4 S2: Into the Dark
"Go ahead. This is old and well built."