ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)   Posted by Watcher.Group: 0
Watcher
 GM, 187 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 01:10
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Pulling away from the rapidly disintegrating ruins of the Xandar Cluster, Kyln Prison Transport 616 rapidly accelerates under the skilled guidance of its crew.  The handful of alien pickets and fighters are easily avoided even by your lumbering vessel and you break into hyperspace.  Once in the DARK VOID OF SPACE and out of the range of the communications jamming, you pick up OVERLAPPING AND CONFUSING COMMUNICATIONS which appear to be from various worlds, vessels and outposts under attack by the alien invaders.

[OOC:  We're in Transition now.  Feel free to make Recovery rolls, asset creation rolls and work out where you'd like to go from here.]


Super-Skrull
 player, 76 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 02:39
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Once they are in the clear so to speak Kl'rt finds a quiet corner and turns his back to group. Relaxing his powers, letting the barely healed wholes in his chest be visible. He focuses on his goals as he turns his powers to hopefully closing some of his wounds for real.

OOC:
Solo d10, Old Warhorse d4 +1 pp, Superhuman Durability d10, Shapeshifting d10

15| d10 ED | 0 Opps

21:37, Today: Super-Skrull rolled 17,2 using 3d10,1d4 with rolls of 10,2,5,2.  recovery of physical stress.

Drax the Destroyer
 player, 30 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 02:43
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
"There is only one choice. We must find Thanos."
Gamora
 player, 105 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 03:12
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Gamora talks back over her shoulder as she pilots the ship. "Look Drax, I know your whole thing is killing Thanos, but what does he have to do with this, and how do we find him anyway? Rocket, what did the Worldmind say about our friends? I'm going to steer us away from the Wave and towards Kree space. That's the best way to stay out of trouble and give us all a chance to catch our breath. We can pick a more specific destination after we're fresher."

Once the ship is safely in hyperspace, she flips on the autopilot and heads towards the crew quarters, stripping off gore-crusted Nova uniform pieces immodestly as she goes. Once back there, she takes her time in the ship's sonic shower. It's a far cry from the luxuriousness she had briefly back on Xandar, but it did the trick to vibrate the gore off her and soothe her stiff muscles. She lingers in the shower a bit, not relishing the thought of having to cobble together some other atrocious outfit from the crap the Omega crew had left behind and mostly hoping Lyja will decide to join her.
Watcher
 GM, 189 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 13:38
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Kl'rt's enhances Skrull flesh quickly begins to knit and heal over the course of an hour or so until eventually not even a bruise remains to trouble him.

Dice Pool:

Doom Pool 3d6, 6d8, d10, Super-Skrull physical stress d8

Today: Watcher rolled 12,23,1,2 using 3d6,6d8,d10,d8 ((1,6,5,5,2,7,2,4,3,1, 2)).

Total:  13.  d8 Effect Die.  2 Opportunities.

Super-Skrull you are still with 5 other people, so you should be using TEAM affiliation.  Also, you use Stamina for recovery rolls, not Durability.

I'll allow the roll at this point, so you've removed your physical stress.


Watcher
 GM, 192 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 13:57
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Rocket hears the Worldmind's voice projected into his head.  ]

Lyja, after taking a few moments to check on Kl'rt's wounds, heads towards the area of the ship that she shares with Gamora to share the promised shower with the other woman, making it likely that the two will be occupied for some time.

The alien weapon that Kl'rt brought aboard begins to show signs of rapid...decomposition...once it's separated from its host.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:58, Sat 05 Mar 2016.

Super-Skrull
 player, 78 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 14:47
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
    Kl'rt nods to Lyja allowing her to see his rapidly closing wounds, a rare moment of weakness for the old warhorse, "Go your companion may need company."

    He chuckled as he noted the rapid decomposition of the weapon, "Biological weaponry. Perhaps a low yield plasma reaction?" He picks it up and lets his hand burn.

He tosses away the weapon as it rapidly turns into ash and steps over closer to Drax his hand outstretched, "Drax the Destroyer. I have heard much about you. It is a honour to meet a warrior with an arguably more infamous reputation than my own. I agree Thanos should be brought to heel, but first there is a very clear gap in our weaponry. Whilst I am the epitome of the lost Throneworld genetic engineering program superior to most bipedal species. I could not scorch a ship the size of a planet with my flame, and neither can Thanos. But the undisciplined and unfocused heralds did before it seemed they retreated in fear. If you and I had that power, Thanos and those fleets would tremble before us."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:51, Mon 07 Mar 2016.

Gamora
 player, 108 posts
Mon 7 Mar 2016
at 00:44
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Gamora was just beginning to wonder if Lyja was really going to show up when the Skrull woman did. As Lyja peeled off her clothes, Gamora teased her, "I was beginning to wonder if I'd lost my touch."

"Never." Lyja said as she entered the sonic "spray". She paused a minute, looked Gamora in the eye and took her hand. "Graces." she said and made a gesture in Gamora's palm.

"Silk." Gamora replied and made another gesture with her own hand. She really didn't care much for this little safety protocol Lyja had come up with, but the other woman had insisted they work out a 'secret handshake' after seeing Gamora with Paibok between the Kyln and Xandar. Gamora secretly hoped Lyja would combine it with her shapeshifting abilities to spice things up a bit, but had so far kept her mouth shut, not knowing how the other woman really felt about that kind of stuff. While Lyja got settled, Gamora massaged her shoulders and mused, "The worst thing about this war? What it's doing to my wardrobe."

Lyja looked back over her shoulder. "Hush. You're wearing the perfect outfit for right now." then she turned to embrace the other woman face to face.

...

Sometime later, the two woman are lying on their backs side-by-side in bed. Gamora turns to Lyja, "What was that with Kl'rt back on Xandar?" she asks.

Lyja turns to face Gamora with a smirk on her face. "Jealous?!"

Gamora studied Lyja's face for a moment before answering. "Of course not." she was about to suggest the two of them had an open relationship, but stopped short. "You just seemed to have a thing for him. You have history?"

Lyja responded without hestiation. "Directly, very little. He was a hero of my people while I was growing up. He was an inspiration for most of my generation. Now, he's lost to the Fantastic Four so many times that he's more of a disgrace. Still seeing him in person was... well it was complicated."

Gamora just stares. She wasn't used to this emotional stuff. She was more of a flark and run. "Do you trust him?"

Lyja gets a sour look on her face. "He's a skrull." she says a bit derisively, as if that explained everything. "What about you?"

Gamora rolls back onto her back to break eye contact and puts her hands behind her neck. "I don't trust anyone." she says matter of factly.

"Not even me?" Lyja asks, a little bit of concern entering her voice.

Gamora keeps staring up at the ceiling. "With you... it's complicated." Anger flashes across Lyja's face and she starts to get up to leave. Gamora turns to face her again. "Look, I've got issues. But with you... Adam was the only other person I let this close, and he could see into my soul. Literally." She turns away, a bit embarrassed. Lyja reverses direction and hugs Gamora from behind. The two women stay that way for a while without any further conversation.

...

Later still, Lyja wakes up alone. She shakes her head, wondering where this thing was going. After a couple of minutes of contemplation, she redresses and joins everyone else on the bridge. Gamora is already there discussing things with the others when Lyja enters. Gamora flashes Lyja a sheepish, apologetic look as she brings over a bottle of liquid and a nutri-bar. She'd manage to cobble together an outfit with leather-ish pants and vest top. Functional and showed off enough skin to be suggestive.

"The boys and I were trying to figure out our next move." Gamora summarizes. "I agree with Kl'rt that we should build up our power base. But Galactus, and Thanos for that matter, seem like distractions. We're better off rounding up a group like ourselves and taking up commando tactics against this invasion."

Going to take 3XP for the rship building with Lyja

This message was last edited by the player at 00:52, Mon 07 Mar 2016.

Super-Skrull
 player, 81 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Mon 7 Mar 2016
at 04:01
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Kl'rt leans against the outer wall, "Perhaps, but the both of them are the local overkill guns. But we did arguably well against the outer edge of the fleet on our own. So I will grudgingly admit there is merit to your plan. What little respect my past still afford me could get us some small favors from my former allies, perhaps some proper War-Skrulls or smaller ships."


OOC: I'd like to use 5 xp to swap team and solo affiliation dice. He and I both think doing the team thing is working out better than solo.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:51, Mon 07 Mar 2016.

Rocket Raccoon
 player, 70 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=2, Stress P:, E: d6 M:
Mon 7 Mar 2016
at 16:46
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Rocket seems to be having an intense conversation with himself. Or what was currently in himself. "Look-Wordly, no matter which jackass is behind the invasion-I owe Groot the guy who killed his people. Drax is already on board, and I think everybody agrees the whole universe would be better off minus one Thanos, right? That has got to include the Nova core as well. As for the Kree-well, hell-trying to find a Kree who are not empire expanding dingus may be a though sell."  He points his thumb at the Super Skrull. "The same goes for those green jerks as well...Present company excluded Lyja."

Rocket was only half paying attention to the interior of the ship-and the fact Lyja may not even be in his presence. The world mind's sensors where expanding his animal senses-and he could now move through space faster than any starship. In fact, he was itching to get outside the airlock and do that very thing-but he would not leave Groot. Granted, he could just carry the big lug outside with him. Space was no issue for the plant being, and he had carried around Rocket on his shoulders for long enough...

OOC-Recovery vs emotional damage
Team-d8
Intergalactic smartass-d4 (+1 PP)
Enhanced senses-d8
SFX-Multi-power
Psi-resistance-d8
Stamina-d10
Psychology-d8

Total=16, Effect die-d10

11:34, Today: Rocket Raccoon rolled 8,4,3,8,7,7 using d8,d4,d8,d8,d10,d8 with rolls of 8,4,3,8,7,7.  Recovery vs Emotional damage.

1 XP when you access information from the Worldmind.

Groot
 player, 31 posts
 I AM GROOT!
 PP=4, Stress: P:0/M:0/E:0
Mon 7 Mar 2016
at 16:53
Re: ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Groot gave Rocket his space, but kept an eye on the little mammal. He was worried about the way World Mind seemed to occupy Rocket's time, and was the slightest bit jealous. Every since escaping their captors-they had been together. Now? He was not sure if he was holding Rocket back.

Drax the Destroyer:
"There is only one choice. We must find Thanos."


When Drax spoke up, he nodded along with the destroyer. He gestured with his hand, once again creating the wooden puppets of Groots and their world being torn apart by wooden puppet of Thanos. "I am Groot." He said to Drax, patting his shoulder in sympathy.

OOC:
1 XP when you discuss the past atrocities of Thanos.
1 XP when you speak of your people’s art and culture.

Watcher
 GM, 194 posts
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 12:02
Re: ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Lyja sighs at Groot and Drax's single-mindedness and although Rocket's loyalty to his friend is commendable, it seems to blind the rodent to the bigger picture.  She activates the transport's small bridge viewscreen and dials in the planet Godthab Omega.  "I have contacts on this world.  I think taking the time to collate data on the invasion's targets and goals might be useful.  Godthab Omega has no strategic importance and it should be far enough from the front lines of the invasion that it won't be a target yet."  She scowls.  "Of course we said the same thing about Xandar Prime, but at least this way if the bugs hit us we know that they're following us for some reason or other."  She smiles.  "It's also the sort of place that I'd expect Star-Lord or Paibok to run to if they get separated from Moondragon.  A real 'wretched hive of scum & villainy'."  When she realizes that no one present would get the reference she sighs somewhat.
Super-Skrull
 player, 82 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 12:08
Re: ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Kl'rt starts to laugh then trys to cover it up as a cough, when he was Bobby Wright he loved Star Wars. After a moment of fake coughs, "Yes it is rather isolated. And a proper planet its not a moon. Perhaps I while on route to it I can get a idea of where Warlord Empress S'bok is, she's the most reasonable of the would be rulers, and might listen to reason."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:09, Tue 08 Mar 2016.

Gamora
 player, 110 posts
Tue 8 Mar 2016
at 14:08
Re: ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Gamora looks at the Thanos trio and then back at the Skrulls. She was more with the latter, but figured the other three needed some extra convincing. "And unless you've got some other leads, it seems like as good a place as any to pick up Thanos's trail."
Super-Skrull
 player, 86 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Fri 11 Mar 2016
at 19:29
Re: ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
Kl'rt chuckles, "Well Lazorfist I have to again congratulate you on having such a thoughtfull companion. I'll have to pick me one up in the future."

He turns towards Drax, Rocket and Groot, "WIth stuff this big going on he'll find his way to get involved if for no other reason than to turn it to his benefit. We get to civilization, get the ladies proper fetching clothing like I had hoped to have time to do on on Xandar. Also flea trap, ask the Worldmind about beings similar in strength to these undisciplined heralds. Verse is a big place they can't be the only big cosmic movers out there."
Rocket Raccoon
 player, 72 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=3, Stress P:, E: d4 M:
Fri 11 Mar 2016
at 19:38
Re: ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Getting There From Here (Trans)
"Hey! I don't have fleas! I got a sonic collar of my own design for that, thank you very much! Maybe if your brain did not leak green skrull juice all the time you would know that!"

Very diplomatic...the World Mind said silently to Rocket.

"Stuff it, you fancy dancy calculator! He started it!" Rocket snapped at World Mind, which of course made it sound like he was talking to himself.

Rocket glanced over at the display showing planet Godthab Omega. "Well, Worldmind and me should be able to crack into their local computer net and see if any Thanos sighting have been reported." He looked over at Groot and Drax, hoping that would mollify them for a time.