ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)   Posted by Watcher.Group: 0
Watcher
 GM, 243 posts
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 12:56
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
Nebula's pirate vessel, now free of a staggering variety of booby traps, streaks from Godthab Omega with a speed that your old vessel could not hope to match.  Despite it's backwater status, Godthab Omega was SITUATED AT A COSMIC CROSSROADS and roughly equidistant from the Kree Empire and Skrull worlds.  Although those parts of the vessel designed for the handful of crew are SPARTAN AND UTILITIARIAN, Nebula's private quarters are DECORATED AS BEFITS A PIRATE QUEEN with a definite eye towards hedonistic luxury.

Examining the ship can only distract your mind for so long and the decision remains.  Where do you go from here?  Fight to stop the alien horde as it even now devastates the worlds of the Skrulls?  Warn the Kree Empire who may stand in the path of the alien juggernaut and give them time to prepare?  Seek out allies farther away from the conflict and as yet unaware and untouched like the Shi'ar?  Gather powerful allies to help fight the oncoming horde?

All are options and the moment has come to choose.

[OOC:  As always, Scene Distinctions are in BLUE.  We are in a Transition Scene, so everyone's wound status steps back by one rank and you can rolls to heal as per normal.]
Ronan The Accuser
 player, 38 posts
 Live Kree or Die!
 PP:1 PS:0 ES: 0 MS: d4
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 13:25
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
After the cursory tour of the craft, Ronan gives a curt nod of approval.  "This is a fast ship indeed; our arrival on Hala should be blessedly swift, and our time together short.  Today is truly one for celebration."
Super-Skrull
 player, 134 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 19:43
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
Kl'rt frowns as he finally feels as if he can let go of his powers as his insides are mostly where they are supposed to be, "For the race of tech stealers I bet. Those aboard this ship alone might be enough to lift the Kree from their milenna of stagnation. But regardless your people have rested on thir backsides for decades, let their ships and their tactics languish. The Shi'ar however kept their edge fighting random threats, the Phoenix, and other threats and have maintined their power."

He leans against a wall for a moment, "They may not want to get invovled. But I've met the queen's consort and have read some of his writing and think I could convince her to at least send a scout force to observe. Seeing the destruction the bug fleet wrots should sway them."




OOC:
First off some OOC stuff I want to see if I can get done.

15 for the graces
5 to switch Team and solo affliations Turning team into d10 and solo to d8
5 to then switch Solo and buddy turning Solo into the d6 and buddy into the d8


Rocket Raccoon
 player, 101 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=0, Stress P/E-d6/M
Tue 14 Jun 2016
at 19:09
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
Rocket spends time making sure the Golden man was not about to escape. As a result he kept an eye on him, even as Worldmind set up the remote link to the ship. Just to keep an eye on everything. While the little mammal did not like something in his head-it was nice he could rest and keep an eye on things at the same time.

He rubbed his furry chin, and thought about attaching a cosmic energy siphon to the man to keep him helpless and use his raw power. It was something he could rig up, but he had never built one of those before...

OOC:

Team-d8
Action Raccoon!-d8
Senses-d8
Psi resistance-d8
Stanima-d10
SFX-Multipower
Pysch-d8

Total=18, Effect die-d8


15:04, Today: Rocket Raccoon rolled 2,2,8,4,10,3 using d8,d8,d8,d8,d10,d8 with rolls of 2,2,8,4,10,3.  Healing emotional stress.

Gamora
 player, 144 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 01:08
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
Gamora wordlessly assumes residence in Nebula's lavish quarters. The rest of the group hears what sounds like a little squeel as Gamora checks out the closet. After an hour or so, Gamora has finally selected a new outfit and comes out to check on everyone else. "Finally, some proper clothing. You ladies should really take a look." While she was getting dressed, Gamora also found a cache of Nebula's weapons, and she equips herself with a BRACE OF CONCEALABLE SPACE PIRATE WEAPONRY (spend 1PP to create a d10 Combat Resource).

She takes in what Rocket is doing with Glorian and gives him an approving nod. She has no idea how he does that kind of stuff, but siphoning off Glorian's cosmic power would be a good asset. "Can you set something up to add power to the engines, shields, or weapons?" she asks. She points to Kl'rt and Ronan as the two start to argue. (Of course they would, they are each the ultimate exemplar of their respective races.) She shakes her head and moans softly towards Rocket, "It's going to be a long trip, isn't it?" she asks.

She meets Lyja's gaze for a moment, then steps up to the two of them and adds a third opinion, "We need to rescue as many Skrulls as possible. We won't be able to stop this wave, but we can help millions of sentients, we might be able to slow it down, and we definitely can get some intel. We need to figure out why it's here and what it's weaknesses are. The Kree and Shi'ar can wait. Send them a subwave message."

I want to spend some XP here on an upgrade, ally, or something, but need to think about it.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:11, Wed 15 June 2016.

Ronan The Accuser
 player, 39 posts
 Live Kree or Die!
 PP:1 PS:0 ES: 0 MS: d4
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 13:48
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
Ronan, meanwhile, pointedly ignores Kl'Rt's existence, while pretending not to notice Gamora's and her new outfit.  "Excellent, we are now all aboard.  My Universal Weapon will finish calibrating with this ship in a few seconds, and I will set us all on course for Hala.  I would suggest anyone who can not be green, do so."

With that, the Supreme Accuser stalks off to find the most defensible room, mostly out of habit.
Drax the Destroyer
 player, 56 posts
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 19:27
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
Drax stares out the window of the spacecraft, into the nothingness of space.  He has no concern for the stars and planets and galaxies that hurtle past as they travel as fast as light.  It is a good group that he has found himself among, an excellent team of fighters,  but he cares not for their quibbling  -- wherever they decide upon as a destination matters not.  All roads lead to Thanos.  If there is a threat to the cosmos, surely he is near the root.  Where they go, the mad tyrant will assuredly be on the horizon.  Hes out there.  Hes out there.
Super-Skrull
 player, 137 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 13:49
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
Kl'rt shakes his head and chuckles, "So the new loner who grudgingly works with the team has been taken already. I'll have to figure out where I fit in now." He sighs, "Okay does this tub have a med bay?"
Watcher
 GM, 245 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 13:31
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
Glorian doesn't resist as you lead him to one of the cells that Nebula has aboard her ship.  Rocket can sense the Worldmind's approval at his actions as a law-enforcement officer.  Lyja helps Gamora find a new outfit, a process which serves to considerably lengthen the time the two women remain closeted away together.

Cerise, Spirit and Stellaris settle into the more spartan crew quarters, making themselves comfortable in their new home for an indeterminate amount of time.  For her part, after hearing Kl'rt's request for the med-bay, Cerise guides him there.  The med-bay is small, but well-equipped.  As befits a notorious space pirate queen, the med-bay looks equally adept at healing wounds and inflicting them.  Tana Nile is in a sleep cocoon, monitored by the ship's computer while she recovers from her injuries.

After the calibration is finished, Ronan is easily able to input coordinates to Hala.  Indeed, it seems that Nebula has made the trip numerous times herself in dealings with the Kree of the mercantile House Fiyero.


[OOC:

Dice Pool 2d6, 3d8, d12

Today: Watcher rolled 8,9,1 using 2d6,3d8,d12 ((2,6,6,1,2,1)).

Total:  12.  d8 effect die.  2 Opportunities

Rocket's emotional stress is healed!]

Ronan The Accuser
 player, 41 posts
 Live Kree or Die!
 PP:1 PS:0 ES: 0 MS: d4
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 15:55
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
Once secluded in a spot near the rear of the ship, Ronan assumes a meditationary seated position and cradles the Universal Weapon across his lap.  He watches the door, ever wary with a Super Skrull aboard, as he attempts to make this ship more presentable to the Kree...

((Let me know if you want a roll for this, Watcher; if it's possible for the Universal Weapon to fail to transmogrify the outside of Nebula's ship into that of a Kree star cruiser, let me know.  I'm not actually going for a disguise, as I'm using cosmic energy to re-shape the ship itself so there's nothing for the Kree to "see through", so I didn't know if a roll was necessary or not.))

Watcher
 GM, 247 posts
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 17:03
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)


[OOC:  Ronan, that will definitely require a roll.  I'll allow you to set  up an illusion/disguise, but to actually alter the structure of the ship, especially while it's in transit, is quite a different matter.]
Ronan The Accuser
 player, 42 posts
 Live Kree or Die!
 PP:1 PS:0 ES: 0 MS: d4
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 17:21
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
Gotcha:

Solo d10, Kree Supremacist d8, Cosmic Mastery d10, Cosmic Expert d8

12:19, Today: Ronan The Accuser rolled 3,2,10,8 using d10,d8,d10,d8, unique dice with rolls of 3,2,10,8.  Kreemodeling!

SFX:  Universal Forces.  When including Cosmic Mastery in a roll to create assets or complications, remove the second highest rolling die and step up your effect die, for a result of:

Total 12, Effect d12, Attempting a "Kree Star Cruiser Facade" Asset

This message was last edited by the player at 17:23, Wed 22 June 2016.

Watcher
 GM, 248 posts
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 03:40
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
The ship suddenly shudders and shakes as external bulkheads and features warp, the vessel's exterior modifying to suit Kree sensibilities.  Other than a few minor alterations, the interior of the vessel remains unchanged.

[OOC:

Dice Pool:  2d6, 3d8, d12

 Today: Watcher rolled 11,5,6 using 2d6,3d8,d12 ((6,5,3,1,1,6)

Total:  12.  d8 effect die.  2 Opportunities.

Ronan succeeds in creating a d12 Kreemodeling asset

Rocket Raccoon
 player, 102 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=1, Stress P=0/E=0/M=0
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 15:01
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Decision Point (Transition)
"Hey! Watch it, blue boy! You rupture the ship and we are all in trouble!" Rocket snapped at Ronan. Well, granted Groot and he would be fine out in space-but the others might be in trouble and the engines could blow...