ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln.   Posted by Watcher.Group: 0
Gamora
 player, 39 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2016
at 23:00
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Gamora walks after Rocket. "I don't really think now is the time to be chasing personal vendettas, but that would help us decide where to go. If Drax is headed to Xandar, maybe we can catch up with him there at the same time we warn the Corps."

She stretches over Star Lord's shoulder to look at his nav screen, making sure to make more body contact than necessary and let her hair flap in his face. "I sure wouldn't mind picking up extra supplies at Godthab Omega. These clothes suck, and maybe we could find a faster ship and make it to Xandar in less time than going directly in this lump of schmag scut. Do we have enough fuel to get all the way to Xandar anyway?"

[+1 xp for flirting]
Rocket Raccoon
 player, 32 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=3, Stress P:, E: M:
Wed 6 Jan 2016
at 23:14
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Moondragon:
"I know that Drax the Destroyer is not dead.  Not because of any mystical link between father and daughter.  Once one of them mentioned that someone had taken Drax, I scanned the minds of the Guardsmen and he was loaded on a transport bound for Xandar.  Apparently the Nova Corps had requested that he be remanded to their custody for reasons of Corps security."


"Fine-but I should tells ya now, Groot is a on major kick on finding Drax. Some sort of wacky 'destiny', or 'fate', or some such goofy crap. I could care less, but Groot's my buddy. I just hope whatever your deal with old dad is, it won't get in the way." He said, rubbing his ear with his hind leg while still standing upright.

OOC-1 XP when you take a simple approach to a cosmic problem.

In reply to Gamora (msg # 22):

Rocket was about to say something else, and then sniffed the air. "What the heck is that? Some sorta perfume or..." Then his eyes narrowed as he saw Gamora drape herself over Star-Lord. He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Oh. Well, that explains things." He said, sounding annoyed. He then walked off, checking over the various devices he now had in his pockets. "Fracking furless weirdos and their mating pheromones..." He grumbled, and then sneezed.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:25, Wed 06 Jan 2016.

Watcher
 GM, 103 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 02:21
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Moondragon ignores both Rocket's comments and Gamora's mating displays to concentrate on reviving Lyja.  Finding little of help within the med-kit, she instead concentrates on using her own considerable mental prowess to contact Lyja's unconscious mind and influence the Skrull woman's autonomic systems to reject the drugs.  Sweat breaks out on her brow from the strain of concentration...

Dice Pool:

Team d6, Disciplined Mind d8, Telepathy d12, SFX: Pushing The Limit d12, Medical Expert d8, Universal Med-Kit  d6.

Watcher, on behalf of Moondragon, rolled 5,3,7,5,2,1 using d6,d8,d12,d12,d8,d6 ((5,3,7,5,2,1))

Total:  17.  Spending 1 PP to keep an extra die.  d8 Effect Die.  1 Opportunity.


The strain proves to be almost too much for even Moondragon's psychic abilities.  However, Moondragon's arrogance is even greater than her own psychic powers as she refuses to allow herself to be beaten by a mere drug.  Making a supreme mental effort, she manages to force Lyja's immune system to fight off the effects of the drug.

Dice Pool:

Doom Pool 4d6, 5d8, Drugged d12 complication

Watcher rolled 15,27 using 4d6,5d8 with rolls of 1,3,6,5,4,2,5,8,8.
Watcher rolled 11 using 1d12 ((11))

Total:  19.  d8 Effect Die.  1 Opportunity.

Moondragon will spend 1 PP to cancel the Drugged d12 complication.

Lyja
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 02:28
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
With a start, Lyja jerks awake.  As she does so, the form of Alicia Masters melts away and she reverts back to her natural Skrull state.  "Oh, my head..." she takes a moment to look around.  "Where am I?"  With Ben and Groot out of sight, the only members of the group she sees is the bald woman and Rocket.  "Who are you people?"
Gamora
 player, 40 posts
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 03:48
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Hearing the activity in the other room, Gamora is off Star Lord almost as quickly as she was on him. She grabs Thing and pulls on his shoulder. "Come on, Thing. The skrull woman is awake." She waits to see if Thing goes into the back and if so, heads back there behind him.
Rocket Raccoon
 player, 33 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=3, Stress P:, E: M:
Thu 7 Jan 2016
at 11:12
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
"Typical." Rocket says, rolling his eyes at the woman as she wakes up. "I think what you meant to say is 'Oh thank you for saving my life, Rocket!', right? Hmmmm?" He sat down, and began rummaging through his pack of tech seeing what he had. Then he opened a panel in the walls, and started to take out various bits of technology.
Lyja
 NPC, 2 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 02:14
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
On seeing Ben, her face brightens up.  "Benjamin!  I thought that I was hallucinating from the drugs that son of a Schmagg Paibok gave me."  She looks around eagerly and maybe a bit nervously.  "Uh, is Johnny here?  And what about the rest of the team?"
Thing
 player, 29 posts
 It's Clobberin' Time!
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 02:20
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Ben shakes his head, making a sound like gravel scraping.  "Nah, it's just me.  The rest of the team is caught up in some stupid argument back on Earth.  I decided I didn't want no part of it and took the old Skrull saucer that Reed had out fer a spin."  He jerks a thumb over his shoulder.  "An' I guess I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque and ended up here."

He nods towards the still unconscious Paibok.  "So what did this Super-Skrull rip-off want with ya?  Ya' ain't been hanging around with him again have ya'?"

"Oh, and the other green chick is Gamora, the raccoon goes by the name o' Rocket and his partner is the big tree you might find sulking around somewhere and his name is Groot.  The guy in the cockpit is Star-Lord, an' he's from Earth just like me."  He points towards Moondragon.  "An' baldy here goes by the name o' Moondragon."
Lyja
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2016
at 02:31
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Lyja nods in greeting towards everyone present.  "Well, no I wasn't really working with him.  Paibok has set himself up as one of the warlords in this region of space.  He's even got an old ally of his...ours...Devos to help him attack the other warlords.  He wanted me to help him steal some chemicals that he could use to make biological weapons to terrorize some of the Skrull border worlds into joining him."  She scowls and goes on.  "I was working with another Skrull warlord, Baroness S'Bak, to infiltrate his network.  She thought that I'd have a chance to get close to him since we were...involved...at one time."

She smiles.  "Of course, most of that stuff can be used to make medicines as well, so I double-crossed both Paibok and S'Bak.  Ever since Galactus ate Throneworld, things have been bad for the average Skrull citizen.  If you're not a soldier or rich, you don't get access to medicine and the like.  I'm part of a group that's been trying to make things better for the average Skrull."  She sighs.  "The ship got away, but I got captured and ended up in the Kyln, with everyone arguing over who got my head.  I guess Paibok got impatient and decided to come after me himself."

She brightens somewhat.  "But now that you're here, maybe you and your friends can help us out?"  You realize that she has no idea that there are much bigger problems facing the Kree, Skrulls, indeed the entire universe, than some stolen medicines and feuding warlords.
Gamora
 player, 41 posts
Sat 9 Jan 2016
at 23:19
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Gamora waits a beat to see if anyone else is going to speak up, and when they don't, she launches in. "Things are about to get a lot worse. A lot. The Kyln was just destroyed by a near infinite wave of ships from beyond the Crunch. Honestly, Galactus himself pales by comparison."
Star-Lord
 player, 23 posts
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 02:22
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
As Gamora turns away from him, Quill finds himself speechless -- a rarity to be sure. She called his bluff.  Or did she? Or did she not?

Clearing his throat, the self-proclaimed Lord of the Stars turns back to the navigation system and speaks loud enough for the others in the back to hear him. "If we need a decision for where to go next, then..."  His brain scans the information, maps this side of the universe and its relation to where they are, weighs the distance to how much the destination will help, how important it is for each person in this space junk to get there, (the issue with the Sphinx on Earth falling off today's list of priorities)... then silently goes Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe to pick one at random. "We go after Drax."
Watcher
 GM, 106 posts
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 12:30
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Lyja looks a bit skeptical at Gamora's comment, especially regarding the the threat it poses versus that of Galactus, but before she can comment, Star-Lord makes his choice and punches Xandar into the nav computer.  There is a slight shudder as the ship adjusts course slightly.

Xandar is about five days away at the maximum speed the transport can do, so feel free to describe what your character does during that time.  The ship is actually somewhat spacious if you don't want any privacy and don't mind the smell.  There is a barracks room for guards and pilots with three cramped and somewhat smelly triple-bunks.  Otherwise, the bulk of the ship is taken up with seating and benches for prisoners.  Think galley slave seating without the oars, and you'd be on the right track.

Also, Paibok will still be unconscious for most of the trip due to his trauma but available for questioning (if you care to) when you reach Xandar.

Rocket Raccoon
 player, 34 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=3, Stress P:, E: M:
Sun 10 Jan 2016
at 16:12
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
"Good call, Starla!" Rocket says to Star Lord, not quite clear on his name. The small mammal spends the next five days checking for more parts he can stow away, talking to Groot and trying to get the giant out of his funk. He seems to cast sluky glances at Gamora, but other than 'I am Groot', never seems to do anything directly to her.  Groot is most comfortable in the large hold ment for many prisoners-allowing him to 'stretch out'.
Gamora
 player, 42 posts
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 02:51
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Gamora is noticeably anxious during the five day trip. Five days out of contact while that endless wave of ships did Pama knows what. This clunker they were in was slow enough that the wave might overtake them in hyperspace and destroy Xandar before they got there!

After mentioning it enough times during their first day for it to become annoying, Gamora shuts up about it, but everyone can tell it still bothers her. Her other activity that day is to dig through the crew compartments to cobble together a decently revealing outfit. She certainly takes a long time picking stuff out for something that ends up using such little material. She manages to burn her Kyln jumpsuit without setting off any fire alarms.

After that first day, she spends lot of time on the bridge watching the sensors. This puts her in close proximity with Star Lord, who she constantly flirts with. 

She also makes it a point to talk up Lyja and try to get to know the Skrull woman a little better. What are her ambitions? What does she intend to do once they reach Xandar and she has a chance to choose her own way?
Lyja
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 11:42
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
For her part, Lyja is a bit skeptical of your story about the massive fleet coming through The Crunch.  It's just a cosmic anomaly after all, it doesn't go anywhere, so something coming out of it makes no sense.  She seems to put the most faith in Ben's comments, likely due to their association. That said, she doesn't seem overly concerned with the fleet's movements, seemingly confident that, even though fragmented, the forces of the Skrull warlords can beat back any invaders.

She spends some time trying to convince you all to divert to Aks'lo instead to help the Skrull underground there in its struggle against the oppression of the various warlords.  She focuses most of her emphasis on the Thing, again likely because of their past history.  She also flirts with Star-Lord as well, partially in an attempt to get him to change his mind, but also because of her admitted fascination with human males.

Her plans at this point are to accompany you to Xandar and see if perhaps she can recruit help from the Nova Corps.  She doesn't hold out much hope because the Corps and the Skrulls have considerable bad history.  At the very least she figures that they'll be able to incarcerate Paibok and that will remove one threat to the common Skrull.  She comments wryly, "The hard part will be keeping them from throwing me in a cell right next to him."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:49, Tue 12 Jan 2016.

Star-Lord
 player, 25 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 03:29
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Star-Lord spends the time for the trip as co-pilot, helping out Ben when needed but realizing his use is minimal. At least he can navigate, and near those instruments is a communications console. Quill whiles away the time trying to contact any nearby ship, planet, base, or passing Galactus herald, trying on all frequencies, in all the languages he knows (in case there are aliens out here who speak broken French), attempting to warn as many beings as possible. "Attention, attention, calling from the... S.S.... uh, Ship. Warning: There is a oncoming threat to the known galaxy, some kind of... annihilation wave, that may put you and this entire galaxy in great danger. The details are unknown but it has already completely and easily destroyed the Kyln prison. This should be considered the utmost threat. Repeat..." So he spends most of the time calling uselessly into the depths of space, feet propped up on the dash, idly staring out the front of the ship. Every once in a while he'll get a radio frequency with some rudimentary version of music but it disappears just as quickly, such is the speed at which they're going. He's getting in a lot of whistling time.

Around the third day he's looking for anything else to do. Being in such close quarters with Gamora and noticing she hass decreasingly looked away from him in disgust, he's just waiting for Ben and Lyja to fall asleep (assuming that the others are either unlikely or unable to care). It has to happen eventually. That's when he makes his move. Whatever Gamora is using for a living quarters, Quill makes his way to and into and tries to fashion a curtain if he has to for some privacy. "Hi," he whispers to her, moving very closely into her personal space. If he has an open invitation, he's going to take advantage of as much of it as he can. Gamora is even hotter close up. He forgets that space-chicks have flawless skin. Green isn't so exotic but suddenly it's his favorite color. If she's not resisting, there's no reason not to move in. Slowly at first, then things can speed up. Bringing his face down and close to hers, he --

"Gamora?" The voice, not a whisper, like thunder: Lyja.

Quill jerks his head up, wipes off his mouth, looks around to whoever else might be looking, starts to speak but stammers.

Lyja stands, hands on hips.

Oh, wow. Haven't seen Lyja this close up. Usually can't trust Skrulls but... wow. And even if she wasn't wow -- she can turn into anything, right? Haven't had too any Skrulls. (Or have I? How could I ever know?)

So if they're going to compete for him the rest of the trip, Star Lord is happy to let them fight it out. Though eventually something will have to happen with one. Or both. He can wait until the time is right.
Gamora
 player, 44 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 05:08
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Pm
Watcher
 GM, 111 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 11:31
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Moondragon sat cross-legged in the hold in a Shao-Lom meditative posture, as she had done for several hours.  Suddenly she tilts her head towards the privacy area that Quill has fashioned and a slight smirk crosses her face before she returns to her meditations.
Groot
 player, 13 posts
 I AM GROOT!
 PP=4, Stress: P:0/M:0/E:0
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 17:51
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
"I AM GROOT!" Came from the hold, and Rocket scampered down.

"Will you relax! They are heading for Xandar! Right where Drax is! Are you happy, you big baby!?" The small furry humanoid snapped, even as he removed a panel and gathered some parts he could use.


"I AM GROOT!" Came the predictable response.

"I know, know! Thanos wiped out your home-world. The bearer of life is destined to overcome the lover of death. Blah, blah, blah! Its not like I am hearing this for the billionth time or anything!"

"I am Groot..." The giant said in a more apologetic tone.

Rocket growled, rolled his eyes, and walked over. "Ok, ok. We are almost there and then we find Drax. Then, I don't have to hear this over and over and over! Right? RIGHT!?" He said, suddenly worried that in fact it would not stop the endless depressed sadness of the big creature.

"I am Groot." Came the answer-but given Rocket's expression that was not the answer that was wanted.

OOC-1 XP when you discuss the past atrocities of Thanos.
Gamora
 player, 49 posts
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 15:26
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
After her encounter with Lyja and Peter, and still a day from Xandar, Gamora takes the medkit and heads down to the cell where they dumped Paibok. The skrull is conscious, but still badly wounded. He looks up as Gamora approaches his cell. "So, my captors finally deign to check on me." His eyes narrow, "You have a glow about you, Gamora. Come to gloat?"

She ignores the question. "We're headed to Xandar. We'll be there in less than a day." She pauses a minute to let that sink in while she waves the medkit around a little bit. For his part, Paibok keeps his mouth shut and waits for her to continue.

She paces a little while she monologues. "You're a d'ast all son of a schmagg, but war makes strange bedfellows. There's an endless wave of ships invading our universe from beyond the Crunch. They wiped out the Kyln - erased it - in a matter of minutes. You know Thanos is my father. I know a threat to the entire universe when I see one. This thing is going to take everything this universe has to survive. And the first thing in its path? The Skrull galaxy. You have power, influence, and in your own way, you care about the skrulls. So I'm making you an offer."

She ends up near a control panel. She puts one hand near the controls and holds up the medkit with the other. "Do you know what this switch does? It evacuates your cell. As in blow all the air into space. It's a failsafe the Omegas install on all their ships. Fight with us to repel this invasion. If you agree, I give you this and help you escape Xandar. Disagree, and you take your chances with the Corps. What'll it be?" she asks, alternating between wiggling her fingers near the switch and rocking the medkit back and forth like a pendulum.
Paibok
 NPC, 6 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 11:28
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Paibok, despite the serious nature of his injuries, actually manages a weak smile.  "When your argument is presented so eloquently, I have no choice but to accept.  If the remnants of the Skrull Empire are indeed under threat of attack, then my primary duty is to come to their aid."  He shrugs, wincing in pain.  "I am a patriot...in my own fashion of course.  Tell me more of these invaders."

[OOC:  Absolutely understood and very much in character for both Gamora and Paibok.]
Gamora
 player, 50 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 15:08
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Gamora opens Paibok's cell and tosses him the medkit. She shrugs as she gives him what little information they know. "I told you about all we know. Their ground troops were some kind of bug-things. Otherwise, it's an unbelievably large wave of ships from beyond the Crunch - how is that even possible - that attacked without warning, remorse, or mercy. We've been in hyperspace for days. I'm hoping we'll learn more at Xandar."
Gamora
 player, 52 posts
Sat 16 Jan 2016
at 01:56
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Gamora changes the subject. "We need to figure out how to get you past the Novas. They'll likely assume we're escaped prisoners and try to take us back into custody. At least we have Thing to convince them otherwise. I would advise you to remain on the ship, but they'll likely search it and we'll probably want to upgrade."

She shakes her head, "Typical. Unless you have a better idea, your best bet is to shapeshift into something and stick close to the raccoon and walking tree. Those two will attract so much attention, the Novas aren't likely to notice you."

She points to the medkit. "When you feel like you can walk, come with me. We should say hi to the others before we get there. Better for them to do their freaking out now than in front of the Novas."
Paibok
 NPC, 7 posts
Sun 17 Jan 2016
at 02:59
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Paibok winced a bit as he began applying the various articles in the medkit to his bruised and battered flesh.  "Yes, I imagine that convincing Grimm will present the most difficulty."  He smirks.  "Although Lyja has little reason to trust me either."

Paibok continued.  "As for the Nova Corps, I have little doubt that I can fool them into thinking that I'm an escaped prisoner.  I'll put on some suitable guise or other when the time comes."

He looks as if he intends to continue when the cell door opens, revealing Lyja standing there.  It's obvious she's been listening for some time.  "And of course he'll try to escape at the earliest opportunity, leaving chaos and death in his wake.  It's what he does."  She glares at Gamora.  "I'll go on record saying that this is a bad idea.  We should just flush him out of the airlock now and be done with it.  He's a Skrull."  She goes on, bitterness in her voice.  "We're taught deceit and treachery before we can even walk and take in lies with our mother's milk."  She nods towards Paibok.  "And he is one of our best at it.  I should know, since he taught me."  With that, she turns and stalks off.
Gamora
 player, 54 posts
Mon 18 Jan 2016
at 00:20
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Gamora watches Lyja go. She had known her actions were going to hurt the other woman and she knew she couldn't say anything to change the other woman's mind. Besides, Lyja was right. Gamora was also convinced about the necessity of her own actions. With the threat they were facing, they needed all the help they could get, even if that help was eventually going to stab them in the back.

Gamora looks back at Paibok and folder her arms over her chest, waiting for the skrull to finish with the medkit.

[OOC: Seems like we can wrap here. Also seems like a good justification to spend 5XP to unlock Inmate Assistance to make Paibok an ally as long as its in his best interest. The loyal follower for 10 just doesn't seem like Paibok's style.]

This message was last edited by the player at 00:21, Mon 18 Jan 2016.