ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln.   Posted by Watcher.Group: 0
Watcher
 GM, 93 posts
Thu 31 Dec 2015
at 02:14
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
The transport is DESIGNED FOR CAPACITY NOT FOR COMFORT but it got your band away from the invaders readily enough.  Now as you are STREAKING THROUGH HYPERSPACE in a STOLEN SHIP, you have a moment to catch your breath and reflect on what just happened.  And more importantly, where do you go from here?

[OOC:  We are now in Transition.  I'll leave the previous thread open until next Monday or so in case anyone wanted to post anything there.  Otherwise, feel free to debate and decide what you are going to do now.]

Next Action:  Whoever goes first!

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:15, Thu 31 Dec 2015.

Gamora
 player, 35 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2016
at 21:32
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Happy New Year everyone!

Gamora finds some open space in the spartan cabin and sets down Lyra. The nano-wardens in her system are causing the skrull woman to go into convulsions. Gamora didn't haul her body out of the Kyln to have it die on the transport, so she starts looking around for something to use to deactivate the nanites. "Some of you I know, some not. I'm Gamora. We can exchange origin stories later. Right now this woman needs help. Racoon, do you think you can do that same trick on the nano-wardens you did back there on the Kyln?" She asks brusquely, clearly in a bit of a hurry to help the woman.

Next: Anyone... let's keep it moving.
Groot
 player, 12 posts
 I AM GROOT!
 PP=4, Stress: P:0/M:0/E:0
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 00:49
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
"My name is Rocket, not whatever the heck a racoon is!" Rocket snapped at her. However, something else happened before Rocket could go on. Groot moved over to Gamora, seeming like he was enranged about something, and proceeded to let her know.

"I AM GROOOOOOT!" The giant snapped, looking like he was prepared to fight.

"What? What?" Rocket said, getting between the tree being and Gamora. "Look, I got it you owe Thanos a blood debt and all-but that's not helping now! We need her alive! Not to mention if she was still working for that demented kill crazy freak, why would she be here? Thanos would have private exit for his favorite assassin, right?" The little furry humanoid looked back at Gamora. "Right?" He gestured so Groot could not see, but she could. Giving her the 'go on' gesture.

OOC-3 XP when your pride in your people
puts you into conflict with another
character.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:59, Sat 02 Jan 2016.

Star-Lord
 player, 21 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2016
at 22:56
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Star-Lord moves over to act as co-pilot once the Thing takes control. Actually, Ben isn't having a problem at all with the ship so Star-Lord just makes himself look like he's doing something, twisting knobs and hitting switches that he knows aren't connected to anything as he figures out what to do next.

Waitaminit-- that's Gamora? Gamora Gamora? Daughter-of-Thanos Gamora? Kill-you-for-thinking-of-looking-at-her Gamora? Wow. Her reputation precedes her. Though it didn't say anything about how hot she is. Things just got more... interesting. That it might involved Thanos makes it a lot more dangerous. But it could be worth it. Though making a move would involve looking at her. Which is also dangerous. And she is currently within striking distance. Uh... best to keep looking at this control panel and try to figure it out and let her shout herself out. Then maybe someone else will do some striking.
Gamora
 player, 36 posts
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 02:00
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Gamora is down on her knees, holding Lyja down by the shoulders, trying to calm the skrull woman's body. She turns to Groot. "Look, Groot, we can have it out about my family later. Can we fix this skrull first? Please? And the ra... Rocket is right. I've gone up against my father more times than I've helped him." She turns to Moondragon and then Thing, looking for some verification. As she does, she notices Star Lord checking her out and trying to pretend like he isn't. The edge of her mouth curls up ever so slightly then she gets stoic again.
Rocket Raccoon
 player, 28 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=3, Stress P:, E: M:
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 02:20
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Groot eyes Gamora with a look that was anything but friendly. Nor did he seem to believe a word she said. However, Rocket pipes up again. "See? She is fighting against her father. That means we are all good buddies now, right?" He said.

"I AM GROOT!" Came the predictable reply. Expect it was not aimed at the furry humanoid-it was aimed at Gamora-as he stared her in the face. Then he turned on his heel...if he had heels...and stormed off. Denting part of the ship as he walked off.

"Ummm...he says, sounds good to me!" Rocket added. That translation seemed very doubtful. Rocket sighs, and proceeds to strip down a few parts and start recreating his anti-tech scrambler.

(OOC-making an asset.
21:11, Today: Rocket Raccoon rolled 8,1,7,5,5 using 1d8,1d4,1d10,1d8,1d6 with rolls of 8,1,7,5,5.  Creating anti- tech scrambler .

Team-d8
Distinction-intergalactic smartass-d4(+1 PP)
Speed-d10
SFX-if a pool includes an UPLIFTED RACCOON power,
replace two dice of equal size with one stepped-up die
SFX-"I Have A Plan".  When creating assets for Rocket's allies,
add a d6 and step up the effect die.
Tech-d8
extra sfx die-d6

Spending 1 PP to add to total

Total=18, Effect die-d12)

Watcher
 GM, 96 posts
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 05:16
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Rocket has a considerably easier time re-creating the device now that his efforts were not hampered by prisoners attempting to attack him.  Of course, the more ready availability of parts helps too and after a few moments, he manages to cobble together something that should neutralize the nanites.

Dice Pool:

Doom Pool 4d6, 6d8

Watcher rolled 15,27 using 4d6,6d8 ((4,3,5,3,2,5,6,7,5,2))

Total:  13.  d8 Effect Die.

Rocket succeeds in re-creating Anti-Tech Scrambler d12.

Moondragon
 player, 15 posts
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 05:24
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Moondragon takes a few moments to look around the ship's cockpit before removing the universal medkit there and bringing it back to where Lyja is convulsing.  She quickly and deftly searches the medkit for a hypoinjector which she loads with a chemical compound and injects into the Skrull woman.  "There, that should help somewhat."  She turns to Rocket.  "Still, you should try out your device soon before the nanites do irreparable harm to her."

[OOC:  Moondragon spends 1 PP to create a Universal Med-Kit d6 asset which anyone can use.]
Thing
 player, 27 posts
 It's Clobberin' Time!
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 05:30
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
The Thing leaves the controls with the ship on autopilot, dodging Groot as he stalks away.  "Hey, watch where yer goin', ya big Chia Pet!  Ya keep puttin' dents in our ride, and I might hafta' make ya get out and walk."  He nods towards her.  "Gamora's right.  She ain't been with Thanos fer a long time.  She's on the side o' the angels now."  Seeing Lyja's condition, he looks concerned.  "She's gonna be alright ain't she?  She may be a Skrull spy, but she's got a good heart..."
Rocket Raccoon
 player, 29 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=3, Stress P:, E: M:
Sun 3 Jan 2016
at 14:20
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Stow yer advanced medical mumbo jumbo. I got the cure right here." He levels the scrambler over his shoulder like some sort of high tech bazooka. "One squeeze of this baby and she should be fine. Probably. Or it could blow her head off. Course, had to make adjustments so I don't take us offline while we are in hyperspace. Oh well, only one way to find out!" Before anyone can say anything, he proceeds to fire the 'cure' at the helpless skrull...

(OOC-Attacking nanite complication. Also 1 XP when you take a simple approach to
a cosmic problem.

team-d8
STREAKING THROUGH HYPERSPACE-d4 (+1 PP)
Reflexes-d10
Focus.  If a pool includes an UPLIFTED RACCOON power,
replace two dice of equal size with one stepped-up die.
Tech-d8
Asset-d12

Spending one PP to add to total

Total-16, Effect die-d12

09:14, Today: Rocket Raccoon rolled 3,4,8,4,7 using 1d8,1d4,1d10,1d8,1d12 with rolls of 3,4,8,4,7.  Attacking nanites.)

Watcher
 GM, 97 posts
Mon 4 Jan 2016
at 01:17
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Rocket's bazooka like "medical instrument" sparks and gives off a strong smell of ozone as he fires before anyone can stop him.  The devices beam lashes out and strikes the shuddering Skrull woman and a series of sparks envelops her as the burnt-out nanites are ejected from her system.  She's still unconscious, Moondragon confirms that she is drugged, but is free of the nano-wardens.

Dice Pool:

Doom Pool 4d6, 6d8

Watcher rolled 10,21 using 4d6,6d8 ((2,6,1,1,1,6,1,1,7,5)

Total:  13.  d8 Effect Die.  5 Opportunities (a new record for me!)

Lyja is uninjured but has the Drugged d12 complication which will have to be reduced before she regains consciousness.  Also, several of you (and Paibok) have varying levels of stress/trauma which you may want to recover.  All of your stress steps back once in a Transition scene and you all have access to the Universal Med-Kit d6 asset that I created with Moondragon.


Thing
 player, 28 posts
 It's Clobberin' Time!
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 02:14
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
The Thing glares at Rocket for a moment but sees that the small mammal's gambit worked, he chooses to hold his tongue.  Instead, he crosses his arms and addresses the group.  "So, what're we gonna do now?  I got this bucket on a general headin' of 'away' at the moment, but anybody got any ideas fer a real destination?"  He jerks one rocky thumb over his shoulder.  "Me an' the FF did some space travelin' in our day, but this ain't my neighborhood."
Gamora
 player, 37 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 02:56
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
[Did Thing bring Paibok? I suggested he should, but I don't think he described it.]

Gamora starts to put a hand up to stop Rocket, but he blasts Lyja before she can stop him. The unconventional treatment seemed to work though, and with Lyja out of immediate danger, Gamora needed to take care of herself. No stranger to combat or injuries, she'd taken her share of lumps and treated herself many times. Something like this was old hat to her. She takes the medkit and finds a hypo and loads a canister of nano-surgeons in it. She gives her injured arm an injection, then flexes it and waves it around a bit to see if the treatment took.

Gamora thinks for a minute on Ben's question. "I see two immediate options. We're closest to Skrull space. I seriously doubt their fleet has much chance of even slowing down that wave we saw back there, but any warning we could give them would help. You seem to know this woman, Ben, what can you tell us about her? We should also contact the Corps. They're in the best position to round up some kind of defense."

[Going to try to bring this physical stress down.
Team d8, Deadliest woman d8, super stamina d10, combat grandmaster 2d10, medkit d6
20:55, Today: Gamora rolled 12,6,5 using 3d10,2d8,d6 with rolls of 6,5,1,2,4,5.  treat injury.
11/d10 effect/1opp]

Star-Lord
 player, 22 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 05:45
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Star-Lord leans back in his chair and looks the situation and its immediate participants over. It's a rare time that he keeps his trap shut but he knows where he is in relation to his element. And looking over the are means more looking over Gamora. Subconsciously he swipes his brow. Glad they didn't suggest going to see my dad. Then it dawns on him: "Wouldn't the Corps already know about the attack by now? Seems like a kinda big deal, and news travels quickly." He looks at the navigation system like he might actually know how to make it work. "Which is closer?"
Watcher
 GM, 99 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 11:41
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
The nanites do their work quickly and efficiently, as Zen-Whooberi physiology is programmed into their extensive medical database.  After a few moments, Gamora can feel any lingering aches and pains ease and disappear and any bruises fade just as quickly.


Dice Pool:

I thought I put it in one of my posts, but I guess that I didn't.  We can assume that Thing brought Paibok along.  He has d4 Physical Trauma however and will take considerably longer to recover.

Spending a d8 to create a WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? Scene Distinction

Doom Pool:  4d6, 5d8, d6 Physical Stress

Watcher rolled 10,27,6 using 4d6,6d8,d6 ((4,2,2,2,3,4,5,4,5,6))

Total:  11.  d8 Effect Die.

Gamora heals all Physical Stress.

Rocket Raccoon
 player, 30 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=3, Stress P:, E: M:
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 12:22
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Rocket glances at the skrull, and nods. "See? She's fine...probably." He shrugged. "Anyhow, let's see if I can wrangle anything useful from this rust bucket..."

He clicks a access hatch, and crawls into the bowels of the ship his size and Agility allowing him to fit easily. Once he comes back out, his jet pack and standard unfoldable high tech hand cannon are back on him. He also seems to have a few new high tech gadgets he is now playing with.

After that he walks over to Gamora. "We need to have a little chat, if you know what I mean. I figured I should do so before Groot uses his typical means of persuasion when dealing with meatbags he does not care for. Plus it may help you. Maybe."

The small mammal eyes narrowed.  "Why are you looking for Drax, and where the frack is he?"

(Ooc - spending 1 PP for d8 resource, ship remote. Getting 1 xp when asking about Drax.)

This message was last edited by the player at 12:25, Tue 05 Jan 2016.

Gamora
 player, 38 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2016
at 02:19
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
"Sure." Gamora says easily to Rocket. "Thanks for helping Lyja. You didn't happen to find any clothing while you were scrounging about did you?" she asks fingering her ugly, non-revealing prison uniform. Not waiting for an answer, she starts poking through storage compartments, talking all the while.

Her voice muffled from her face being stuffed in a cabinet, she arrogantly declares, "I'm not too worried about your walking stick. I've dispatched worse." Then she slams the cabinet door shut and looks at Rocket, adding a little more diplomatically "And somehow, I doubt talk is going to convince him I'm ok." She notices a cabinet under a bench and bends down at the waist to open it up so that Star Lord is able to get a nice view of her backside as she does.

"As for Drax, Moony and I heard he got sent to the Kyln after a rampage. He's her father, and I've worked closely with him before, so we both had reason to bust him out. With that wave of ships back there, he's not a priority anymore. Unless Thanos is involved, which wouldn't surprise me."

She looks at the pile of belts, vests, and blankets she's managed to scrounge and shakes her head. "We need to find somewhere with a wardrobe." she mutters, casting a quick glance at Thing.
Rocket Raccoon
 player, 31 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=3, Stress P:, E: M:
Wed 6 Jan 2016
at 03:16
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
In reply to Gamora (msg # 17):

"He's a priority to Groot, which makes him a priority to me." Rocket said. "I have it on good information that Drax can sorta...track Thanos. Where ever he goes. So I guess I am better off talking to...Moony, was it?" He shrugged. He glanced over at Moondragon.

"If he was at the Kyln when it was destroyed, Moony would know if her dad was dead, right?" He did not like the idea of having to go back. Still, he did not expect Gamora to know, so he headed over to talk to Moondragon.
Watcher
 GM, 100 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2016
at 03:34
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Star-Lord is an expert pilot and the prison transport is designed for ease of use, so he is quickly and easily able to determine that the nearest Skrull world is Aks'lo, a wildlife sanctuary and garden planet known for hosting numerous examples of Skrull royalty looking for pleasant diversions.  The closest actual planet is the lawless world of Godthab Omega, which is not claimed by any faction and is a haven for pirates and criminals.  The Nova Corps homeworld of Xandar is significantly further away, but Star-Lord has had enough run-ins with the Nova Corps to respect the power of their fleet and the Corpsmen themselves and they could conceivably make valuable allies.
Watcher
 GM, 101 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2016
at 03:43
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
Moondragon is tending to her own wounds as Rocket approaches.  Despite several painful looking cuts and bruises, the discipline and training that she'd received from the Shao-Lom monks means she doesn't even cry out or wince as she tends to them with the med-kit and her own medical training.  She does scowl somewhat when Gamora refers to Drax as her father.  The man who was her father is long dead.

"I know that Drax the Destroyer is not dead.  Not because of any mystical link between father and daughter.  Once one of them mentioned that someone had taken Drax, I scanned the minds of the Guardsmen..." she refers to invading their minds with a casualness that is somewhat chilling, "...and he was loaded on a transport bound for Xandar.  Apparently the Nova Corps had requested that he be remanded to their custody for reasons of Corps security."

Dice Pool:

Team d6, Disciplined Mind d8, Enhanced Stamina d8, Medical Expert d8, Universal Med-Kit d6

Watcher, on behalf of Moondragon, rolled 3,4,8,7,4 using d6,d8,d8,d8,d6 ((3,4,8,7,4))

Total:  15. d8 Effect Die to recover Physical Stress


This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 12:08, Wed 06 Jan 2016.

Watcher
 GM, 102 posts
Wed 6 Jan 2016
at 03:49
ACT ONE:  FIRST CONTACT (TRANSITION)-Escape from the Kyln
After a few moments, the combination of Moondragon's body control skills, medical knowledge and treatment from the med-kit means that the cuts and bruises fade from her.  She takes the med-kit and starts to examine Lyja, pulling various items out of the med-kit as she does so.  "I may be able to devise something to counteract the drug that this woman is under, despite the crudity of this med-kit."

Dice Pool:

Doom Pool 4d6, 5d8, d6 physical stress

Today: Watcher rolled 14,25,5 using 4d6,5d8,d6 ((1,4,4,5,4,5,6,7,3,5))

Total:  13.  d8 Effect die.  1 Opportunity.

Moondragon heals all of her Physical Stress.



This message was last edited by the GM at 12:07, Wed 06 Jan 2016.