ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins.   Posted by Watcher.Group: 0
Drax the Destroyer
 player, 24 posts
Wed 24 Feb 2016
at 16:30
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Drax realizes he has become the focus of the enemy's ire and he smiles to himself. Just as it should be. He can sharpen his knives on the way to the mad king Thanos (at least metaphorically, until he can get his hands on replacement for his trusted weapons). Now his fellow soldiers can enact their own plans that need not include dealing with these minions.

Reaction to Drone Ground Forces, Total: 13, Effect: d4:
Team    d8
Shattered And Broken Terrain (can't get a solid foot-hold)    d4
(+1 PP)
Superhuman Durability d10
Combat Grandmaster   4d6

Drax the Destroyer rolled 3,1,2,2,4,3,6 using d8,d4,d10,d6,d6,d6,d6 ((3,1,2,2,4,3,6)).

Total: 9, Effect: d10
+1 PP for Opportunity (pending Watcher's approval)
Higher reacting Effect die lowers attacking Effect die to nothing

Status: PS: 00 ES: 00 MS: 00 PP: 2 +1 +1 = 4  XP 00


The enemy's attacks bounce from Drax's skin like they were nothing. Drax frowns. Surely they must have more than that.

Drax's mind wanders for a moment: That Star Lord would be a good candidate for the Nova Corps power -- where did he go?
Drone Soldier Ground Forces
 NPC, 8 posts
Thu 25 Feb 2016
at 00:21
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
The larger drones, recognizing Super-Skrull's greater maneuverability as a tactical advantage to be eliminated, focus the firepower of their blasters on him.


Dice Pool:

Team 2d8, Disciplined d8, Power Blasters d8, SFX: Power Blasters d8, Combat Expert d8, Super-Skrull d8 physical stress.

Today: Watcher rolled 9,3,5,7,4 using 2d8,d8,d8,d8,d8 ((2,7,3,5,7,4)).

Total:  16.  d8 Effect Die.

Next Reaction:  Super-Skrull

Next Action: Timer

Super-Skrull
 player, 62 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Thu 25 Feb 2016
at 00:44
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Kl'rt cackles with what must be for him glee as he simply turns himself mid-air and flies towards the incoming fire. His body slowly morphing to look more like the Thing as the blasters fire plings into his body.

OOC:

Shattered & Broken Terrain d8, Team d8, Ruthless Fighter d8, Superhuman Durability d10, Shapeshifting d10, Combat Expert d8


18 / d10 / opps -1 pp to keep extra dice


19:43, Today: Super-Skrull rolled 12,12,5 using 3d8,2d10,1d8 with rolls of 5,2,5,4,8,5.  reaction vs drones.

Watcher
 GM, 178 posts
Thu 25 Feb 2016
at 12:28
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
The image of the Worldmind on the screen goes dark and simultaneously a shudder passes through the vault...

[Cut to the outside of the habitat]

Stressed far beyond its tolerance levels with the bombardment and drifting away from the heat and gravity of the system's primaries, the habitat begins to...crumble...at the very edges.  This collapse spreads along weakened structures and faults, racing across the surface of the planetoid and it is only a matter of moments before it reaches the vault where your conflict is occurring.    Without the influence and presence of the Worldmind, the Xandar Cluster is truly dead...for now.

OOC:  Taking Timer d6 action to advance the Timer to d8.

Following that up by taking the Timer's action at the start of the new round to advance it to d10.

Next Action:  Nova Rocket Raccoon

Rocket Raccoon
 player, 65 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=2, Stress P:, E: d6 M:
Thu 25 Feb 2016
at 14:20
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
The helmet over Rocket's head is dark for a second. However, the worldmind computer system transfers all its data and files into the helmet. It springs to life, showing readings, pop-up screens of information, and huge list of running programs. He gripped the sides of the helmet with his paws-the sudden burst of stimulus driving him to his knees. Groot looked worried and reached for him...

Rise Nova Prime.


Came the inhuman voice that only Rocket could hear. The small mammal was coated with energy, until his clothes changed to a Nova uniform-the helmet around his head warping to allow for his snout, ear placement, and skull shape.

Rocket waved off Groot, and looked at his paws. They now leaked energy, and he glanced over at the oncoming wave of drones.

"Oooooooooh yeaaaaaahh...." He said, and cracked his knuckles-causing sparks to fly.

Then he MOVED. Fast. Moving more like a blur of light as he suddenly was in the midst of the drones, grabbing one and tearing it apart with his seemingly bare glowing paws. Then tossing the remains into the rest of them.

OOC-Targeting undamaged drone'

Team-d8
Action Racoon!-d8
Reflexes-d8
Strength-d10
Flight-d10
SFX-Multipower
Combat-d8

Spending 1 PP to add to total

Total=19, Effect die-d10

09:16, Today: Rocket Raccoon rolled 5,4,1,2,6,8 using d8,d8,d8,d10,d10,d8 with rolls of 5,4,1,2,6,8.  Tearing into undamaged drones.

Next up-Gamora

This message was last edited by the player at 14:31, Thu 25 Feb 2016.

Drone Soldier Ground Forces
 NPC, 9 posts
Fri 26 Feb 2016
at 02:47
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
As Rocket tore into the larger drones, he hears the Worldmind's voice, "Rocket, it would be tactically wiser for you to use your Gravimetric Blast ability and maintain range...", but the voice pauses on seeing the effectiveness of Rocket's vicious attack.  "Disregard and please proceed."


Dice Pool:

Team 2d8, Disciplined d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Combat Expert d8.

Today: Drone Soldier Ground Forces rolled 16,6,8,5 using 2d8,d8,d8,d8 ((8,8,6,8,5)).

Total:  16.  d8 Effect Die.

Drone Soldier Ground Forces reduced to Team d8!

Next Action:  Gamora

Gamora
 player, 96 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 04:01
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Gamora sways a bit as the planetoid shudders and starts to come apart. She takes a moment to enjoy Rocket's display of power after absorbing the Worldmind. Then the bugs are on them again.

"Klutarking bugs." she mutters under her breath, tossing her now floppy Nova helmet to the side and taking a few steps down the stairs. Her hair and stolen Nova uniform crusted over with the gore of the last wave of bugs she killed, she starts to pick up speed as she heads towards the ship. "Nothing left for us here. I get the first shower once we're underway." she announces. "Of course some of you are welcome to join me." she adds winking at Lyja just before launching herself into the swarm of bugs blocking the ship. She lashes out with all four limbs as she crashes into them, smashing one with each foot and slashing at two others with her clawed hands.

Going to take one of the swarms with 2d6 left. Team d8, Deadliest woman d8, Strength d8 (stepped back for claws), claws d6, area attack d6, combat 2d10

21:58, Today: Gamora rolled 12,5,6 using 2d10,3d8,2d6 with rolls of 8,4,3,1,1,2,4.  attack drones.

Spend pp for extra die
Total 16/effect d8,d6/2 opps

+1XP for flirting


Next Reaction: Drones
Next Action  : Super Skrull
Super-Skrull
 player, 68 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 05:02
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Kl'rt laughs the two flirt in open battle, "Perhaps when we get something smarter than a rock we can find out how to stop these beasts being produced." He laughs as he swoops through the crowds attempting to flatten lines of them at a time.


OOC:

Shattered & Broken Terrain d8, Team Affiliation d8, Ruthless Fighter d8, Superhuman Strength d10, Shapeshifting wings d10, Combat Expert d8

18 / d10 / 0 opps


23:57, Today: Super-Skrull rolled 20,18,5 using 3d8,2d10,1d8 with rolls of 6,6,8,8,10,5.  attack using shapeshift vs Ground forces.


Drone Ground Forces
 NPC, 13 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 14:55
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Gamora's athletic combat display takes a hefty toll on the attacking swarm.  Sprays of insect ichor punctuate the crunch of breaking chitin and squeals and hisses of the dead and dying aliens.

Dice Pool (vs. Gamora):

Team 2d6, More Where They Came From d8, Enhanced Durability d8

Drone Ground Forces rolled 7,3,2 using 2d6,d8,d8 ((5,2,3,2)).

Total:  8.  d8 Effect Die.

Gamora's Effect Dice stepped up due to extraordinary success and Drone Ground Forces #1 is Stressed Out!

Next Reaction:  Drone Ground Forces #2 vs. Super-Skrull


Kl'rt, his arms taking on the rocky appearance of the Thing's mighty fist swoops down into the mass, crushing the invaders to paste.


Dice Pool:

Team 2d6, More Where They Came From d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Super-Skrull physical stress d8.

Today: Drone Ground Forces rolled 6,4,3,7 using 2d6,d8,d8,d8 ((3,3,4,3,7)).

Total:  11. d8 Effect Die.

Drone Ground Forces #2 is reduced to Team d6

Next Action:  Groot


Groot
 player, 30 posts
 I AM GROOT!
 PP=4, Stress: P:0/M:0/E:0
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 11:21
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Seeing his newly cosmically powered friend charge into the fray, Groot lashes out in an attempt to aid and protect Rocket.  With a shout of "I...Am...Groot!" he extends his limbs and sends them into the midst of the horde where they make a series of meaty "THUNK" noises as they swat the insect invaders.

Dice Pool:

Team d8, I...Am...Groot! d8, Superhuman Strength d10, Combat Expert d8.

 Watcher, on behalf of Groot, rolled 3,3,3,7 using d8,d8,d10,d8 ((3,3,3,7)

Total:  10.  d8 Effect die for physical stress vs. Drone Soldier Ground Forces.

Next Reaction:  Drone Soldier Ground Forces

Next Action:  Drax

Drone Soldier Ground Forces
 NPC, 10 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 11:24
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Groot's thrashing and swatting of the insects knocks a few about, but the more experienced bugs quickly regain their footing with minimal interruption to their destructive rampage.


Dice Pool:

Team d8, Experienced d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Combat Expert d8.

 Drone Soldier Ground Forces rolled 5,8,4,1 using d8,d8,d8,d8 ((5,8,4,1))

Total:  13.  d8 Effect Die.  1 Opportunity.

Next Action:  Drax

Drax the Destroyer
 player, 26 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 20:41
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Drax pivots and attempts to put himself in the middle of the mass of invaders, to better draw their attention and position himself to attack them in kind. As usual, the warrior replaces the face of each enemy with the face of Thanos, so much better to crush and destroy them when he knows that the influence of the mad tyrant could extend even to these far reaches and insignificant cretins. He brings his mighty fists upon his opponents, never ending until they are vanquished. "If only there were more," he growls to himself.

Physical attack on Drone Soldier Ground Forces:
Team    d8
Hazardous Wintry Conditions (it's cold and he's not wearing a shirt)    d4
Enhanced Strength    d8
(stepped back from I Am Not Fighting, I Am Destroying)
Combat Grandmaster   3d8

Drax the Destroyer rolled 4,4,8,7,8,2 using d8,d4,d8,d8,d8,d8 ((4,4,8,7,8,2)).

Total: 16, Effect: d10 (stepped up from I Am Not Fighting, I Am Destroying)

Status: PS: 00 ES: 00 MS: 00 PP: 4  XP 00

Reaction: Drone Soldier Ground Forces
Next Action: Drone Ground Forces #2

Drone Soldier Ground Forces
 NPC, 11 posts
Wed 2 Mar 2016
at 00:14
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Drax's rampage through the insects leaves a trail of broken and crushed corpses in his wake, despite the "officer bugs" greater experience and skill.


Dice Pool:

Team d8, Experienced d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Combat Expert d8

oday: Drone Soldier Ground Forces rolled 8,4,4,7 using d8,d8,d8,d8 ((8,4,4,7)).

Total:  15.  d8 Effect Die.

Drone Ground Soldier is Stressed Out!

Next Action:  Drone Ground Forces #2

Drone Ground Forces
 NPC, 14 posts
Wed 2 Mar 2016
at 00:19
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
With the officer bugs scattered or dead, the remaining bugs' fire becomes more spradic and less effective.  They direct their hail of fire against Drax.


Dice Pool:

Team d6, More Where They Came From d8, Pulse Rifles d6, SFX: Focus Fire d6.

Today: Drone Ground Forces rolled 5,2,1,3 using d6,d8,d6,d6 ((5,2,1,3)).

Total:  5.  d4 Effect Die.  1 Opportunity.

Attempting to inflict Physical Stress vs. Drax.

Next Reaction:  Drax

Next Action:  Lyja

Drax the Destroyer
 player, 27 posts
Wed 2 Mar 2016
at 01:14
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Reaction to Drone Ground Forces physical attack, Total: 5, Effect: d4:
Team    d8
Shattered And Broken Terrain    d4
(+1 PP)
Superhuman Durability d10
Combat Grandmaster   3d8

Drax the Destroyer rolled 8,2,8,7,8,1 using d8,d4,d10,d8,d8,d8 ((8,2,8,7,8,1)).

Total: 16, Effect: d12+1 (2x Extraordinary Success steps d10 twice)
1 Opportunity
Activating Watcher's Opportunity and spending 1 PP to counterattack

Status: PS: 00 ES: 00 MS: 00 PP: 4 +1 +1 -1 = 4  XP 00


Drax does not even feel the attack but, seeing the attacker in his periphery, swats it away with enough force that his hand does not even slow as it pushes through the body of the insect, obliterating it. "Meh," he grumbles as he moves toward the next enemy.
Lyja
 NPC, 12 posts
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 00:49
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Lyja takes a few shots at any fleeing bugs as she soars back towards her gathered shipmates.  As she lands, the reptilian wings vanish as they're 'absorbed' back into her form and she comes to rest only a few feet from Gamora. "A shower sounds absolutely divine.  And I'd love to help you reach those hard to get places..."

The vault shudders again and fissures and cracks begin to appear on the floor and walls.  Lyja looks at the newly transformed Rocket with a bit of concern.  "So, are you still up to fly us outta here, Rocket?"

[OOC:

We're out of rounds now as that was the last of the bugs.  Feel free to do some descriptions of what you're up to and I'll put up a Transition Scene sometime tomorrow.

Also, Drax what did you do with the opportunity that you activated?  You can spend a PP to give yourself a Push or Stunt die, step up an asset you've created or activate an SFX or Limit.  By my math, you should be at 3 PP...

Started with 4
+1 PP for Shattered and Broken Terrain
-1 PP for counterattack
-1 PP for activating my Opportunity.

Gamora
 player, 98 posts
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 02:36
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
"If he's not, I think you're our next best pilot." Gamora whispers breathily in Lyja's ear, taking the opportunity to get in close for a moment and lightly brush against the other woman's hips. +1XP for flirting

She turns and heads briskly towards the ship, kicking a bug carcass out of the way and down a deep chasm on the way. "Come on, the sooner we leave, the sooner I can clean off. Any ideas where to next?"

Just before reaching the ramp onto the ship, she stops cold. In all the excitement, they'd lost touch with Quill, Moondragon, and Paibok. Paibok she could take or leave, but the other two meant something to her. "Das't!" She turns to Rocket. "Does that thing in your head know what happened to Quill and the others?"
Super-Skrull
 player, 70 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 12:13
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Kl'rt flings a body or two of the bug people grumbling to himself, "Of course I get the idea to interrogate one after they all seem to dead. Decades of research, fine tuning the process of integrating human meta genes to Skrull genes. The Earth's mightest heroes and the home of the delightful Swarma drilled into my genetic code, and I still can't help but get carried away in mindless combat." His anger is released when one of the drones that was showing signs of life is crushed into a pulp.

With a long suffering sigh he burns away the ichor and trudges over towards the ship his feet on fire burning away any mess he would step in along the way. He finally stops and with his smirk back in place, "The Emperor would have had a festival on Throneworld to find out the Worldmind was housed in a oversized rodent. I can see it now, a parade down the exquisite parade grounds to the palace the guest of honor a bowl of kibble and a cage of the finest inlaid silver. But I have heard adequate things of this Moondragon, and Paibok while a fool is Skrull. Find them Nova Flea ridden."



OOC:
1xp Referencing world destroyed by galactus
1xp Discuss glories of Skrull homeworld or colonies
3 xp When you show appreciation for a world not yet conquered by the skrull


Rocket Raccoon
 player, 69 posts
 No thing like me, but me!
 PP=2, Stress P:, E: d6 M:
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 15:34
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
In reply to Gamora (msg # 50):

"Hang on, hang on...still getting a hang of this thing."

This THING!? I am the world-mind, and have advised the Nova core for centuries... Came the voice only Rocket could hear in his helmet.

"Shut yer yapper, I am trying to concentrate! Oh wait, I bet your voice modulator is hooked into the crystal sparky thing in this side of the helmet, right?"

DONT TOUCH THAT! PLEASE! The droning voice said, sounding a bit alarmed.

"Geeze, relax! You make it sound like I was gonna remove your internal memory of something. That would be this bit over here, right?"

NO NO! How about I find your friends for you, hmmmm? Said a very worried World-mind.

"Yeah, that would be great..." Rocket said, moving his paws away from the helmet.

1 XP when you explain a piece of
technology.

1 XP when you access information from the Worldmind.

Drax the Destroyer
 player, 29 posts
Fri 4 Mar 2016
at 01:04
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
In reply to msg #49:
I was activating the Opportunity to counterattack (which you haven't said is one of your rules but it's one of my own I'm trying to make a habit). So if that doesn't cost me a PP then it should be like this:
Started with 4
+1 PP for Shattered and Broken Terrain
+1 PP for Opportunity rolled (assuming that you buy it)
-1 PP for counterattack
Which would be 5, unless we can never go above a max of 5 PPs and the above order does not favor me, which means I would be at 4. You might have tracked the same, except for the Opportunity I rolled.


Drax shoulders his ways out of the crumbling environment and uses his sturdy body to cover anyone who looks like they need it. However, his teammates appear like they could take care of themselves. With a grunt, he acknowledges to himself that this could be a worthy team. But he's ready for that Skrull -- the male one -- when his body follows his big mouth to a place that could mean danger to all of them. The warrior follows his compatriots away from this place to where they go next.

And the XP I awarded myself in the OOC was meant as a joke. But I'm going to claim one the next time Drax finds himself in conversation.
Watcher
 GM, 185 posts
Fri 4 Mar 2016
at 01:19
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
"Your musings are incorrect, Nova Prime.  I am no longer located in the helmet.  By accepting the Nova Force, the sum total of my vast experience has been downloaded directly into you.  Following the course of action that I suggest would be wisest and most likely to avoid any unfortunate consequeences."  Rocket can see images flit through his consciousness as the Worldmind accesses data from the last chaotic moments of the attack.  The images crystallize to show Moondragon and Star Lord, with a still wounded Paibok in the Kree guise that he took upon arriving at the Cluster, boarding a sleek and fast-looking Nova Corps courier vessel just before the Spacedock is destroyed.

The Worldmind's voice intrudes on Rocket's consciousness.  "The vessel that they stole is one of the faster vessels in the Nova Corps fleet. I predict a 58.27% chance that they will head to the Terran solar system to attempt to enlist the aid of the Eternals of Titan.  Given Peter Quill's past proclivities and the presence of the Skrull Warlord Paibok, the next highest calculated probability is that they will use the vessel to take advantage of the chaos caused by the invasion to engage in piracy.  The calculated probability of that course of action is 30.46%."

The vault shudders once again.  "In addition, I predict that the vault's structural integrity will fail in 2.7 minutes, exposing the chamber to vacuum.  As Nova Prime, you are quite able to withstand the detrimental effects of exposure to vacuum, but several of your companions would not be able to do so."
Gamora
 player, 100 posts
Fri 4 Mar 2016
at 03:31
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Feeling the place shudder again, Gamora catches her balance on the loading ramp strut. Seeing the place continue to crumble, Gamora decides not to wait for Rocket to converse with the Worldmind, or whatever he was doing. "Let's load up, you can tell me on the way." Not the best pilot, but certainly capable enough to get the Kyln transport spaceborne, Gamora heads to the cockpit and starts up the engines. She fiddles with the seat adjustment for a few seconds - Rocket had jacked it up way too close to the controls, then she clicks the intercom switch, "Now or never sentients!"
Super-Skrull
 player, 75 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 02:29
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Kl'rt grabs one of the bugs weapons to examine while they travel as he boards the ship, "Such a waste of resources."
Gamora
 player, 104 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 02:56
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
Gamora looks at the bug Kl'rt brings on board with disgust. "You're not planning on eating that are you?"
Super-Skrull
 player, 77 posts
 PP=0, Stress P:, E: M:
Sat 5 Mar 2016
at 02:59
ACT ONE: FIRST CONTACT - Xandar Ruins
He chuckles and with a wrench tears off the creatures arm that the weapon was attached to, "I didn't realize they were grown as one." He negligently kicks the rest of corpse out the door, "I'm curious of what powers them."