Frumious Bandersnatch Galley.   Posted by StarMaster.Group: 0
Steve Cable
 NPC in Memoriam, 339 posts
 ex-Scout
 Salvage Hunter
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 17:38
Re: Dust Runner Galley
"I never said I objected to Ghandi as a destination," Steve says with a glare at Arc. "I was just pointing out a likely problem."

"We still don't know how extensive this 'war' is... or even what it's purpose is. And we only think the Zho are involved. We haven't seen any signs of them and don't have any proof."

"Okay, so Ghandi it is. But I reserve the right to say 'I told you so' if the excrement hits the rotary air oscillator when we get there!"


That wasn't what he would have normally said... among the crew, but he acknowledged that there was a woman/lady/baroness present, even if he didn't like her.
Gahler Grohlson
 Player, 199 posts
 Merchant
 797997
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 23:37
Re: Dust Runner Galley
"We keep our finds quiet till we get to the capital. We let locals learn of it will be worse than a gold rush." Gahler replied. "Which system, I don't mind as long as it gets us closer to home."
Kraig Pars
 Player, 332 posts
 Former Merchant
 696B73
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 01:19
Re: Dust Runner Galley
"Let's Jump into the out system so we can flee if we have to.  With the fuel we carry we can come back to Victoria or go to Ylaven."
Luise Wechsler
 player, 57 posts
 Admin/Broker
 67999C
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 04:27
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Luise says: "It looks like we've got a decision. Set a course for Ghandi then."

Hans Matherson
 Player, 96 posts
 Ex Scout
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 04:59
Re: Dust Runner Galley
He had no opinion one way or another, as he had little knowledge of the area. But he also had no reason to go against the others.

He actually understood Arc's skewed perception of not considering himself as a significant vote. He'd said there was already a majority, but there hadn't been until he voted for going to Ghandi.

"I suppose it's as good a destination as any in these uncertain times," he opined. "I'm guessing Ghandi has a gas giant in the system, so maybe we should jump as close to one of them as possible, scan the system, and then head inward if it's safe."
Kraig Pars
 Player, 334 posts
 Former Merchant
 696B73
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 02:01
Re: Dust Runner Galley
"Ghandi has a gas giant.  It wouldn't hurt to Jump nearby it in the outer system."
Roland Steen
 Player, 91 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2016
at 21:23
Re: Dust Runner Galley
In reply to Kraig Pars (msg # 68):

"Jumping near a major asset during a time of war is a little risky." Rutger pointed out." Gas giants are going to be heavily patrolled and they may not be happy to have us there. But this is a trader not a gunboat so they might not start shooting before they ID us."
Kraig Pars
 Player, 338 posts
 Former Merchant
 696B73
Wed 20 Jul 2016
at 02:17
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Kraig thought for a moment. "The astrogation guide should give us standard approach corridors for non-military traffic.  We can just use those."

Gahler Grohlson
 Player, 200 posts
 Merchant
 797997
Wed 20 Jul 2016
at 10:13
Re: Dust Runner Galley
"This ship is also has a bank repossession order on it. It is why Steve and I came out here in the first place." Gahler reminded the group.
"If the other repo agents are in system they might make a try for the ship as well."
Roland Steen
 Player, 92 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2016
at 16:08
Re: Dust Runner Galley
"Repo agents we can deal with." Roland shrugged. Not looking worried about that prospect." They don't usually open fire on a ship they want to claim."
Kraig Pars
 Player, 341 posts
 Former Merchant
 696B73
Fri 22 Jul 2016
at 06:28
Re: Dust Runner Galley
"Once we get to the base we can file claim to the ship I would think."
Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 57 posts
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 19:58
Re: Dust Runner Galley
As she prepared a snack Adriannah got a feel for the galley then sat and eat what she'd thrown together, which had been provided by the Autochef.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:59, Sun 15 Mar.

Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 70 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 12:45
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Returning to the galley Adriannah cleaned the platter & goblet. Storing them with the other diningware, she headed back to her cabin to continue her studies.
'Forge' Harris
 player, 29 posts
 Security
Fri 29 May 2020
at 17:14
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Leaving the bridge, Forge checked out the galley and common room. Finding no one, he headed aft to check out the staterooms.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 18:43, Fri 29 May.

Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 85 posts
Sat 6 Jun 2020
at 23:15
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Making her way to the Galley, Adriannah prepared a mug of java along with a quick snack.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:47, Sun 14 June.

Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 92 posts
Sun 14 Jun 2020
at 11:49
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Preparing a chicken salad with coffee and waffle desert Adriannah sat enjoying her meal.
Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 93 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 01:20
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Adriannah enjoyed an uninterrupted meal. Tidied up the used items then headed back to her cabin to review any manuals that were available in the ships data library.
StarMaster
 GM, 610 posts
 Referee
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 22:05
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Somewhat surprisingly and sadly, the only manual Adriannah finds in the ship's data library is How to Run a Restaurant.
Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 94 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 23:28
Re: Dust Runner Galley
In reply to StarMaster (msg # 80):

'That figures' Adriannah thought; her search being as helpful as polishing the equipment. Especially since she'd spent the last eight hours doing so and learnt nothing, despite the numerous questions she'd asked. Giving a nod Adriannah decided she wasn't about to repeat the process, and Roland could polish away at his engines to his hearts content.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:11, Wed 17 June.

Harry McStubbin
 Player, 391 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 12:18
Re: Dust Runner Galley
In reply to Adriannah Orilliah (msg # 81):

Time to find some manuals for a Darrian Merchant ship. Darrian anyone?
Roland Steel
 NPC Crew, 190 posts
 Engineer
 69C975
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 12:19
Re: Dust Runner Galley
In reply to Adriannah Orilliah (msg # 81):

Roland answered your questions with short concise answers while you learned to ploish the engines! ;-)
StarMaster
 GM, 612 posts
 Referee
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 22:58
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Wax on, wax off...

On the bright side, Adriannah is now a kick-ass karate expert...

There wasn't a whole lot Roland could tell her that didn't involve tearing the engines apart and rebuilding them... which was not recommended while in space, J- or N-.

He managed to explain the basic concepts to her, but did mention a lot of things that he didn't explain, like a feedback loop on the oscillator.

In the end, Adriannah realized that Roland didn't know that much about the Darrian systems other than the basics. If he had to repair the engines without a manual, for instance, it'd probably take him 10 times as long as he worked out what unfamiliar parts did.
Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 102 posts
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 02:20
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Adrianna finished her coffee, cleaned up the utensils then headed back to her cabin. This certainly wasn't what she'd expected; despite the profit on the cargo and successful acquisitions she assessed the crews persona to be reclusive, boardering on excessive.
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 398 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 11:43
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Harry knocked on Adriannah's door to find out why she started keeping to herself so much.
Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 135 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 05:25
Re: Dust Runner Galley
Making her way to the Galley, Adriannah brewed a cup of pomegranate, lime and peppermint tea; while it was drawing she made herself a meat salad sandwich.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:26, Tue 08 Sept.