Destination: Foreven.   Posted by StarMaster.Group: 0
Steve Cable
 NPC in Memoriam, 371 posts
 ex-Scout
 Salvage Hunter
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:28
Destination: Foreven
"Free fuel is only good if you've got the scoops and processors to handle it," Steve mentions. "Maybe you should clarify it as 'free good fuel'. Bad fuel can sens us into a sun or halfway across the galaxy!"
Gahler Grohlson
 Player, 331 posts
 Retired Merchant
 797997
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:36
Destination: Foreven
"So would burning to a crisp inside a star stop with your pedantic tendencies?  Because that's looking like a pretty good tradeoff right now, Steve Cable," Grohlson said, rolling his eyes.
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 357 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:39
Destination: Foreven
"Steve is right, only if it is 'good' fuel. We got good scoops and processors though, though it might be good to change the filters after scooping to keep from getting contaminated fuel."
StarMaster
 GM, 590 posts
 Referee
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 21:38
Destination: Foreven
Skimming the gas giant for hydrogen fuel goes about as smoothly as you can expect. Even the upper atmosphere can be turbulent at times, but nothing that the Bandersnatch can't handle.

It takes two orbits to get enough fuel, and then it's out of the planet's gravity well and out to the jump point.

Next stop: 871-438.
StarMaster
 GM, 591 posts
 Referee
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 14:28
Destination: Foreven
The next leg of the journey went smoothly, from the transition into J-space through the week's travel through nothingness. The 871-438 system didn't even have a name. It was uninhabited and the significant planet in the Life Zone was an unclaimed, poor, barren hellworld dustball. It is uninhabited and generally considered worthless. The system has no military or political strategic significance.
Luise Wechsler
 player, 159 posts
 Admin/Broker
 67999C
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 14:42
Destination: Foreven
Once the ship was in jump-space again... from Grant, Luise came on the comms.

"Another week available for training and polishing the silverware," she said. "Our destination is another system requiring gas giant refueling, and then it's another jump to Tremous Dex, which is back to civilization!"

"At this rate of training, we'll all be experts at everything by the time we get to Foreven! Hope you all brought a good book to read."

"I was hoping I might persuade Siyeon to give us a small performance every so often to break up the routine."

"Oh. And further news, since the holodeck is malfunctioning, the Parrises Squares tournament scheduled for Saturday has been canceled."

Harry McStubbin
 Player, 362 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 14:48
Destination: Foreven
"WHAT?? Parrises Squares has been canceled? I'm ended! Where is my sharp razor to open my veins?" he shouts with a laugh!
'Forge' Harris
 player, 19 posts
 Security
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 15:32
Destination: Foreven
+++How about an all hands poker game? 1000 cr to enter, with a 25 cr starting bid?+++ Forge suggested.
StarMaster
 GM, 593 posts
 Referee
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 18:02
Destination: Foreven
A marathon game for 7 days?
Roland Steel
 NPC Crew, 174 posts
 Engineer
 69C975
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 13:27
Destination: Foreven
"I'm in! 5 Card Stud? 5 Card Draw, Texas Hold'em?
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 364 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 13:28
Destination: Foreven
"Jump space is all the poker I can handle, life is a gamble."
'Forge' Harris
 player, 20 posts
 Security
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 00:40
Destination: Foreven
+++Dealers Choice+++ Forge said over the intercom.
Steve Cable
 NPC in Memoriam, 372 posts
 ex-Scout
 Salvage Hunter
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 01:43
Destination: Foreven
"I'm always good for a game!" Steve chimes in.

"We usually play just for bragging rights, not real money. Penny ante stuff. If one wins too much, it can cause resentment among the rest of the crew."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:44, Sat 11 Apr 2020.

StarMaster
 GM, 596 posts
 Referee
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 01:32
Destination: Foreven
Doesn't seem to be any interest in the poker game, except for an occasional game during the week of transition.

Nothing untoward happens in J-space during the week. Nothing on the ship malfunctions or even needs repaired, and only the regular schedule maintenance that can be done in jump-space needs to be done.

Exit time arrives with the usual standard alert. It's just a precaution in case the jump wasn't quite accurate--makes sure no one is doing something that could cause a problem.

The three-second alert sounds... and then all hell seems to break loose!

The ship takes a hit! Artificial gravity cuts out! Alarm klaxons sound!

Everyone needs to make a damage roll of 1D-1.
Arc Tangent
 Player, 87 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 04:32
Destination: Foreven
04:23, Today: Arc Tangent rolled 2 using 1d6-1 ((3)).

Ouch!

Arc had been in his room laying down reading the latest Captain Tallant novel and when the transition signal sounded, he'd been considering getting up and heading to the bridge to see what this system was like. Not that there'd be anything really to see, but the computer could display a simulation. It could have anyway, but actually being there was made it more real.

And then he was getting tossed around! First up against the ceiling and then back down onto the floor!

"What the frell?!" he said out loud as he got to his feet... or tried to as he floated in the air.

"We're under attack?! How the hell is that even possible?"
Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 71 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 11:17
Destination: Foreven
The sudden jolt of the ship and its gravity failure throws Adriannah from her bunk. Landing heavily she slides across the floor into the bulkhead colliding with a solid thud. Her form lays in a bundle in the junction of floor and wall of her cabin.
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 367 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 13:05
Destination: Foreven
Harry was on the bridge but had no time to react! He was slammed about in his chair, thank goodness he had bee strapped in! He thought his shoulder was separated anyway!



09:02, Today: Harry McStubbin rolled 1 using 1d6-1 with rolls of 2.  damage.

Roland Steel
 NPC Crew, 175 posts
 Engineer
 69C975
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 13:07
Destination: Foreven
Roland had been in Engineering getting ready to switch over the drives to the maneuver drives when he was thrown from his seat, The only damage was a bruised butt and a bruised ego though.

09:03, Today: Roland Steel rolled 0 using 1d6-1 with rolls of 1.  damage.
'Forge' Harris
 player, 22 posts
 Security
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 14:02
Destination: Foreven
Feeling the gravity start to cut out, Forge grabbed onto the door frame and avoided getting seriously injured.
10:00, Today: 'Forge' Harris rolled 1 using 1d6-1 with rolls of 2.  damage.
Luise Wechsler
 player, 160 posts
 Admin/Broker
 67999C
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 14:59
Destination: Foreven
Luise had been on the bridge when the ship exited jump-space. She didn't really need to be there, and there was certainly not going to be anything to see, but she felt that was her place... just to make sure there weren't any problems.

10:54, Today: Luise Wechsler rolled 2 using 1d6-1 ((3)).

She had a momentary glimpse of what the sensors were suddenly showing before she was tossed against the nearest bulkhead as the artificial gravity cut out and the ship lurched under the impact of what felt like a missile hit.
'Forge' Harris
 player, 23 posts
 Security
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 17:32
Destination: Foreven
Once Forge got his bearings, he started to secure his armor, before pulling out his stunner and cutlass in case they was some unexpected visitors.
Steve Cable
 NPC in Memoriam, 373 posts
 ex-Scout
 Salvage Hunter
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 18:04
Destination: Foreven
13:48, Today: Steve Cable rolled 5 using 1d6-1 ((6)).


Ouch, ouch, ouch! The lurch and simultaneous cut out of the gravity caught Steve in mid-stride, tossing him down the hallway into the far bulkhead. In an effort to keep from landing head first, he put out an arm to brace himself but didn't get it around in time. He heard the crack of the bone just before the wave of pain swept up his arm.

"Oh, you damn frackin' puss=bucket!" he swore out loud, though if anyone heard him, it was probably unclear if he was swearing at himself, his arm, the bulkhead or situation. Probably all of them.
Siyeon Lee
 player, 32 posts
 Celebrity
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 18:22
Destination: Foreven
She'd been thinking about what to do with her career. There was enough material and recordings left behind to keep her on the charts for at least a year, maybe two... depending on how the marketing moguls played their cards. Fans tended to be loyal a lot longer  than management.

Would there be a new market for her music where they were going? Did she even want to find out? After all, she was here on the Frumious Bandersnatch to get away from it all. At the very least, she could wait and see what it was like and how she felt when she got there.

In the mean time, she could consider her options. She used to wonder how ancient music would be received in modern times if no one had ever heard the ancient music. Like that guy, Pelvis King... somebody was always covering his songs, but if no one had ever heard them till now, would he still become popular?

Would that be the case with her in the Foreven Sector? What's old is new again?

Or, when she got back, would she keep doing what she was doing? Or should she try something new? Should she be true to herself or to her career? What would make her happy?

18:06, Today: Siyeon Lee rolled 2 using 1d6-1 ((3)).

Her reverie was abruptly interrupted as she got bounced out of the chair! Fortunately, there was no one around to see her land on backside before bouncing back up to the ceiling in the zero-gravity.
StarMaster
 GM, 598 posts
 Referee
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 18:35
Destination: Foreven
As the designated Pilot, Gahler would have been in the pilot's seat, prepared to take control of the ship once it exited J-space, so he was strapped in to his seat. 99.9% of the time, seat harnesses weren't needed, but there was always that .1% that could happen.

Apparently, this was it.

Unaffected by the sudden lurching of the ship and the sudden cut-out of the gravity, Gahler was able to throw the ship into evasive maneuvering purely as instinct.

The ship still took another hit before the sensors fully registered what was going on and Gahler was able to interpret the sensor readings.

The ship had apparently emerged from J-space into the middle of a space battle--six ships on one side, 4 on the other. Additionally, the shields had come up automatically so the last hit hadn't done any damage.

A moment later, the back-up grav generators kicked in, restoring gravity to the whole ship.
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 369 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 11:29
Destination: Foreven
"Orders captain?! We seem to be stuck in the middle!"


"Take evasive action Pilot!"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:21, Wed 15 Apr 2020.