Destination: Foreven.   Posted by StarMaster.Group: 0
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 390 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 12:03
Destination: Foreven
In reply to Luise Wechsler (msg # 67):

"In and out quick I say. I'm going to go get something to eat" Hr heads to the galley.
Siyeon Lee
 player, 34 posts
 Celebrity
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 22:12
Destination: Foreven
"Well, it turns out that they've never heard of me or my music on this dirtball!" Siyeon announced as she prepared to disembark. "I'm going to go enlighten them!"

"And maybe see what is fashionable here. A girl can always use a new pair of shoes. After all, I don't have anything that goes with space combat!"


She strides out the airlock with Oen-Kek carrying her equipment.

"Anybody want to join me? Want me to pick up something for anyone?"
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 392 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 13:59
Destination: Foreven
In reply to Siyeon Lee (msg # 69):

Harry tries to arrange for the sell of the cargo and look for more heading to Foreven. Adriannah would be a big help selling the cargo, but she don't seem to be around at the moment. He kept missing on connecting with her.
Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 98 posts
Wed 24 Jun 2020
at 04:51
Destination: Foreven
Adrianbah checked the operating log and noted Harry busy trying to sell their cargo and looking for an onload. 'Oh my, it looks like I'm not good enough trader... such a pitty... ' she thought
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 393 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Wed 24 Jun 2020
at 11:43
Destination: Foreven
In reply to Adriannah Orilliah (msg # 71):

"There you are Adriannah, could you arrange to sell our current cargo and find a new one in the right direction, I have other things I need to do, and you're better at it than I am, or at least as good."
Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 99 posts
Wed 24 Jun 2020
at 20:56
Destination: Foreven
In reply to Harry McStubbin (msg # 72):
It looked like you were enjoying yourself why stop now. Adriannah asked giving Harry a curiois smile then adding. Do you think thats a viable option?
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 394 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 12:14
Destination: Foreven
In reply to Adriannah Orilliah (msg # 73):

"Do I think what is a viable option? I know you're a better diplomat with great abilities at persuasion than I. I'm a great broker, sorry persuader."
Adriannah Orilliah
 player, 100 posts
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 02:49
Destination: Foreven
In reply to Harry McStubbin (msg # 74):

Trading here... As a persuador you're more what would be classifed a Diplomat.
StarMaster
 GM, 615 posts
 Referee
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 16:45
Destination: Foreven
Luise makes enquiries about Darrian technical manuals, but nothing is available out here in the boondocks. Half the enquiries are met with blank stares; they've never even heard of the Darrians let alone know anything about them.

The hope was that a tramp freighter might have something, but, again, too far off the beaten path.

Luise has Roland buy the collapsible fuel tanks. He buys both external drop tanks and internal collapsible ones. The externals are to keep from taking up too much cargo space. One tank holds enough fuel for Jump-1, so two tanks will give you Jump-2 capabilities. The idea with the drop tanks is that once they are empty, you can just drop them in space.

Luise decides to stay in port for only two days. So if anyone has a pressing need/desire to stay in a hotel room for one night, that's fine.

Siyeon Lee and Oen-kek decide to leave the ship. Siyeon was suddenly inspired by this new fan base that wasn't familiar with her or any of her music. Apparently, she talked Oen-kek into being her stage manager/bodyguard.

Luise decides to go ahead and take all the cargo that's available, plus the mail. She arranges for it to get delivered to the ship and loaded into the cargo bay. That still leaves plenty of room for the collapsible fuel tanks.

She's still debating on whether to fill the drop tanks off here or not.
Steve Cable
 NPC in Memoriam, 376 posts
 ex-Scout
 Salvage Hunter
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 21:29
Destination: Foreven
"One day? That's barely enough time to wet my whistle!" Steve grouses a bit at Luise's announcement.

"If that was meant as a challenge, then I accept!"

"For the next 24 hours, I'm going to hit every bar, pub and tavern in the starport! If it serves an inebriating beverage, I'll find it!"

"Anyone with me?"

Harry McStubbin
 Player, 405 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 21:43
Destination: Foreven
"I'll stay on watch so the others can have liberty." he informs Luise. "Pick me up a case of brandy!"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:51, Thu 16 July 2020.

Harry McStubbin
 Player, 413 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 15:54
Destination: Foreven
Harry arranges for delivery and installation of the drop tanks Luise gets, they were going to need plenty of fuel to get in the long jumps to Foreven. The cargo would pay for the trip so there was no debt.
Roland Steel
 NPC Crew, 192 posts
 Engineer
 69C975
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 15:55
Re: Destination: Foreven
Steve Cable:
"One day? That's barely enough time to wet my whistle!" Steve grouses a bit at Luise's announcement.

"If that was meant as a challenge, then I accept!"

"For the next 24 hours, I'm going to hit every bar, pub and tavern in the starport! If it serves an inebriating beverage, I'll find it!"

"Anyone with me?"


"I'll go along Steve! We'll get good and soused and yes Harry, I'll pick up the brandy, as long as you pay for it now." he says with a wink.
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 414 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 15:57
Re: Destination: Foreven
Harry hands over his Credit Card, knowing more than the brandy would be included in the price.
Gahler Grohlson
 Player, 333 posts
 Retired Merchant
 797997
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 16:04
Re: Destination: Foreven
Gahler checked the local net to see if he could arrange some Terran Chinese food delivery to the ship.  He'd been craving it for a bit.
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 415 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 16:08
Re: Destination: Foreven
In reply to Gahler Grohlson (msg # 82):

"Did I hear you say Chinese Gahler? My God that is my absolute favorite! Order me a Szechuan shrimp and rice with an eggroll if you can get it delivered! I'll have to pay you back because Rollie has my Credit Chit."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:09, Thu 16 July 2020.

Gahler Grohlson
 Player, 334 posts
 Retired Merchant
 797997
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 16:12
Re: Destination: Foreven
"You got it.  I'm getting Peking Duck if they have it and the reviews look good," Grohlson said.  Duck didn't travel well if delivery couldn't be done quickly.  His fallback would be Sichuan pork.
'Forge' Harris
 player, 39 posts
 Security
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 01:13
Re: Destination: Foreven
"Get me some fried dumplings, make that a double order please. I have not had that in ages." Forge said as the orders were getting placed.
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 417 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 13:23
Re: Destination: Foreven
In reply to 'Forge' Harris (msg # 85):

"Finding a Chinese joint that delivers is one thing, finding one that makes duck and delivers is another! Good luck with that Peking Duck!" Harry warns Gahler.
Gahler Grohlson
 Player, 335 posts
 Retired Merchant
 797997
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 14:21
Re: Destination: Foreven
"We have the technology to fly around in space ships.  If they can't pull off a self-heating Peking Duck, that's their fault,", Gahler said with a laugh.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:49, Fri 17 July 2020.

StarMaster
 GM, 619 posts
 Referee
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 16:04
Re: Destination: Foreven
Considering all the food delivery services there are (today!), it's not hard to find a Chinese restaurant that makes Peking Duck in 7 different varieties and it can get delivered via ShipDash delivery service, one that specializes in delivering food to ships in the starport.

The best rated place is Nemo's Restaurante right there in the Starport. You'd have to go about 2,000 miles to the other place on planet that is equally rated, and while you could pay for delivery from there, it might not get to you before the ship left.

The order is delivered to the ship in 45 minutes and costs only 60 credits, which includes the delivery charge, but also comes with a lot of extras--rice, eggrolls, soup and fortune cookies.

Considering that there probably isn't anyone on this planet that has ever been to Earth, let alone China-that-was, it's pretty good Peking Duck.
Luise Wechsler
 player, 168 posts
 Admin/Broker
 67999C
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 16:10
Re: Destination: Foreven
"I don't think we can afford to upgrade the computer," Luise comms Adriannah after seeing the memo in her queue from Harry.

"We might be able to do a trade, but it'd take too long right now. Besides, I don't really want to be heading into unknown with an untested computer."

"Or were you merely talking about programs? If so, you have my permission to shop around the port for new ones. We can spare up to a million credits on that."

Harry McStubbin
 Player, 418 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 17:09
Re: Destination: Foreven
"Damn, I could have had Peking Duck, that's okay though, because the Szechuan shrimp was AWESOME!, Want some Adriannah? You see what Luise said about the computers? You can upgrade the software up to a million credits but not the computers themselves. Is upgrading the software worth it? If so, go ahead and use your initiative."
'Forge' Harris
 player, 40 posts
 Security
Sat 18 Jul 2020
at 14:09
Re: Destination: Foreven
When the food arrived, Forge was happy see in the accessories, a few packages of chopsticks were included. Having used them a few times in the past when he was growing up, he quickly poured the sauce on the dumplings and started to eat. A few miss steps along the way as it has been a while since he last used them but the muscle memory quickly returned. In short work half the dumplings disappeared, leaving him with a content grin.

Getting confident with them, he then showed the crew how to eat rice, putting the small container close to him.
Harry McStubbin
 Player, 419 posts
 Human pain in the ass
 898BA7
Sat 18 Jul 2020
at 14:15
Re: Destination: Foreven
Harry used a fork! First he ate the veggies, followed in short order by the shrimp. The eggroll disappeared next and the leftover sauce from the shrimp was mixed with the rice and eaten! Mmmmm, that was good! A little rice beer followed to wash it down!