Fiallan's Tower.   Posted by Swimdoll.Group: 0
Colm MacTyre
 player, 63 posts
 A forlorn Irishman with 
 a longbow and a pint!
Mon 13 Dec 2004
at 17:25
Re: Fillian's basement...
Sir Pedivere:
"Any ideas?" the knight asks nobody in particular.  Then, resting the torch on the ground, pedivere takes the lid of the box in both hands and attempts to lift it off with his remaining strength.


Well, sir, I dunna' know if all is clear.  I say, we fan out thru the room and make sure there ar' nae any suprises fer us.  Then, we secure the exit, and search our findings.  The bes' way to look about and covr' ar' arses.
Calis
 player, 77 posts
 A wandering minstrel,
 slight and dark haired
Mon 13 Dec 2004
at 17:51
Re: Fillian's basement...
Colm MacTyre:
Well, sir, I dunna' know if all is clear.  I say, we fan out thru the room and make sure there ar' nae any suprises fer us.  Then, we secure the exit, and search our findings.  The bes' way to look about and covr' ar' arses.


Hearing Colm's words, Calis nodded in agreement. "I'm not sure where this wizard might be either and so far we can't even find any trail or signs he has been here latly. All we've seen is those spiders.... But looking around better might give us some more answers, aye?"
Swimdoll
 GM, 218 posts
 A DM for the first time,
 bear with me!
Mon 13 Dec 2004
at 18:08
Re: Fillian's basement...
  Sir Pedivere lifted the lid of the box and found it half-filled with lengths of cut wood.  It is dusty and bits of dried leaves linger in the corners.

   Father Rys is seen to open and study a book while the others explore the room.  The north-west corner is webbed in a thick guazy web.  No spider or egg sack remains, only the web itself.  There is a torch scone on the north wall and a bit of dust and dirt in the south-east corner.  Other than that the only items of interest are those upon the rack and the stairs leading to the tower...
Father Rys
 player, 92 posts
Mon 13 Dec 2004
at 19:19
Re: Fillian's basement...
Oh well. Not informitive as I hoped.

Closes book

So, what do we do now? It appears as if the wizard is not here. Shall we wait for him? If so, how long?
Colm MacTyre
 player, 64 posts
 A forlorn Irishman with 
 a longbow and a pint!
Mon 13 Dec 2004
at 20:29
Re: Fillian's basement...
Seeing that the room appears cleared, he cautiously approaches the rack with his sword drawn.  He carefully pokes around the implements with his sword and when it appears that all is clear, he searches them by hand.
Swimdoll
 GM, 219 posts
 A DM for the first time,
 bear with me!
Mon 13 Dec 2004
at 21:41
Re: Fillian's basement...

  Colm pokes at the impliments and clothes first then searches them by hand.  All of the tools have signs of use, nicks and cuts in their surfaces.  They have signs of dirt on the pick and shovel, but seem in good repair and quite useable.  The clothing is serviceable, practical, well constructed.  The grey robe shows signs of having been used with bits of grass and dirt upon it.  The leather apron shows signs of wear and has a few stains, but is still highly functional, the hat shows signs of wear and use but again, is in good shape.  The gloves are heavy leather, thick enough to protect like armour, a line of metal studs begin at the tops of each of the fingers and rise up along the back of the glove to glove's opening.  The  belt is broad and heavy, wider than a man's hand and has 3 small buckles to fasten it shut.
Colm MacTyre
 player, 65 posts
 A forlorn Irishman with 
 a longbow and a pint!
Mon 13 Dec 2004
at 22:09
Re: Fillian's basement...
Swimdoll:
  Colm pokes at the impliments and clothes first then searches them by hand.  All of the tools have signs of use, nicks and cuts in their surfaces.  They have signs of dirt on the pick and shovel, but seem in good repair and quite useable.  The clothing is serviceable, practical, well constructed.  The grey robe shows signs of having been used with bits of grass and dirt upon it.  The leather apron shows signs of wear and has a few stains, but is still highly functional, the hat shows signs of wear and use but again, is in good shape.  The gloves are heavy leather, thick enough to protect like armour, a line of metal studs begin at the tops of each of the fingers and rise up along the back of the glove to glove's opening.  The  belt is broad and heavy, wider than a man's hand and has 3 small buckles to fasten it shut.


Colm raises and eyebrow at the strange implements.  He's most interested in the gloves (as protective wear is nice to have), and the belt.  after being sure all is clear, he picks up the gloves for a closer look.  The belt too.  he is no theif, though.    I wanner what these ar' for, eh?  I canna abide taking what ain' mine until we're sure of wha' happen' to the wizard.  If, he is gane, I'd like ta know if these sturdy gloves would serve in the hunt for him an likewise the bel'.  I am na' a theif, so I will wait until we know these are na' belogin' to someone.  Base on wha' we' seen so far, I'm thinkin' the wizard is gone or worse.
Father Rys
 player, 93 posts
Tue 14 Dec 2004
at 15:44
Re: Fillian's basement...
Fr. Rys looks at the gloves with interest.

Those do look interesting
Sir Pedivere
 player, 128 posts
 A brash young knight
 Love, honour and glory
Tue 14 Dec 2004
at 23:00
Re: Fillian's basement...
Pedivere climbs back to his feet, the flaming brand in his left hand again.  "I agree that it is looking less likely the Wizard is here, yet me must push on for a mans life and the sake of a kingdom are at stake."

Drawing his blade, the knight then moves forward, again taking the lead as he moves to the turn in the corridor.
Father Rys
 player, 94 posts
Wed 15 Dec 2004
at 12:50
Re: Fillian's basement...
You are correct Sir Knight. Let us be on our way.
Colm MacTyre
 player, 66 posts
 A forlorn Irishman with 
 a longbow and a pint!
Wed 15 Dec 2004
at 18:02
Re: Fillian's basement...
Aye, les move on, but I'll nae' take this man's things, lessen great need presses or they may be used to aid his recovry'
Calis
 player, 78 posts
 A wandering minstrel,
 slight and dark haired
Wed 15 Dec 2004
at 23:13
Re: Fillian's basement...
Nodding, Calis echoed the others, "Lead on, my friend."

He kept his weapons near at hand still, after looking over the few items he could make out that his companions found.
Swimdoll
 GM, 221 posts
 A DM for the first time,
 bear with me!
Thu 16 Dec 2004
at 19:52
Re: Fillian's basement...
With the torch light flickering and dancing on the grey stone walls, Sir Pedivere lead the intrepid band forward.  The box of wood the knight had discovered was pushed aside and squeezed past by the others that followed.  Just beyond it was spider carcass, turning the corner, another was quickly found, and then another beyond it.  Each showed signs of being burned it was certain that the party were not the only ones having to deal with the giant vermin.

  Strangely, the light of the torches extended no further than the last spider's dead body.  There was no wall at the end of the passage, and no door, yet it appeared as if an inky black curtain had been drawn across the passage way with the light stopping right at its surface and going no further...

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:09, Fri 17 Dec 2004.

Colm MacTyre
 player, 67 posts
 A forlorn Irishman with 
 a longbow and a pint!
Thu 16 Dec 2004
at 21:33
Re: Fillian's basement...
Colm waves his hand in front of his eyes as if trying to ward off some strange illusion before his face.  He stoops to pick up a stray piece of rubble laying on the floor and looks around. What 'en God's green ear' be this?  He tosses the pebble into the wall of darkness.  Not straight, like a blow, but rather lofty like a child lazily tossing rocks into a lake to watch the ripples.
Swimdoll
 GM, 223 posts
 A DM for the first time,
 bear with me!
Fri 17 Dec 2004
at 01:12
Re: Fillian's basement...
Standing near the rear of the group, Colm scooped up a pebble, dislodged from the dungeon's wall and tossed it into the blackness.  It disapeared, no ripple appeared in its surface.  Yet he could hear the pebble strike and clatter across stone a split second after it disapeared...
Sir Pedivere
 player, 129 posts
 A brash young knight
 Love, honour and glory
Fri 17 Dec 2004
at 02:21
Re: Fillian's basement...
Pedivere stood his ground as he viewed the veil of darkness.  "What sorcerery is this?" he muttered before thrusting the tip of the flaming torch into the curtain of black.  After a moment, he withdrew the brand to examine the effects that the magic had upon the torch.
Swimdoll
 GM, 224 posts
 A DM for the first time,
 bear with me!
Fri 17 Dec 2004
at 02:30
Re: Fillian's basement...
The torch's light disapeared in the darkness, leaving the corridor around him darker as well.  When the knight drew it back, the light reappeared.
Colm MacTyre
 player, 68 posts
 A forlorn Irishman with 
 a longbow and a pint!
Fri 17 Dec 2004
at 02:44
Re: Fillian's basement...
Swimdoll:
The torch's light disapeared in the darkness, leaving the corridor around him darker as well.  When the knight drew it back, the light reappeared.


wooooo...ee, Colm breaths, some manner of sorcerous dark.  Still if some'n was in there to cause us harm 'yer torch an my ston'd had some effec'.  I don' like heading forward, blindly though.  Whatif yon' dark covers a pit?  Anyone have a long staff? Mayhaps we can use it to spy out the floor before us for traps?
Sir Pedivere
 player, 130 posts
 A brash young knight
 Love, honour and glory
Fri 17 Dec 2004
at 02:45
Re: Fillian's basement...
Satisfied that the magic infront of him was not malicious, the knight strode purposefully forward, plunging into the darkness.
Colm MacTyre
 player, 69 posts
 A forlorn Irishman with 
 a longbow and a pint!
Fri 17 Dec 2004
at 03:01
Re: Fillian's basement...
Sir Pedivere:
Satisfied that the magic infront of him was not malicious, the knight strode purposefully forward, plunging into the darkness.


Colm raised his hand feebly as if he could top the headstrong knight by grabbing his shoulder from behind.  He realised the effort was fruitless. He opened his mouth to call out "Stop!", but could only manage a wu, wai, er, oh sh*t.  Bloody Knights. being mumbled to himself. As he moved in to follow the knight, but did not step into the darkness until bidden.  He didnt live this long by diving headfirst into the unknown.  His skill was in stealth and in the bow.  Not being hit was his strong suit, rather than weathering all blows.
Calis
 player, 79 posts
 A wandering minstrel,
 slight and dark haired
Fri 17 Dec 2004
at 04:51
Re: Fillian's basement...
Tapping his butt of his spear on the ground Calis was about to say he had a long weapon that could be used as a pole or stick but then he watched in fear as his friend just stepped foward and entered the curtain. With a curse about galant knights and their actions he too followed his friend into the darkness because the two of them have been through many adventures together and they have saved and protected each other's hide over the years.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:31, Sat 18 Dec 2004.

Father Rys
 player, 95 posts
Fri 17 Dec 2004
at 11:50
Re: Fillian's basement...
Yay, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death...

Fr. Rys follows through the curtain, praying nothing untowards happens.
Swimdoll
 GM, 226 posts
 A DM for the first time,
 bear with me!
Sun 19 Dec 2004
at 21:38
Re: Fillian's basement...
  Sir Pedivere disapeared into the inky blackness, the metallic footfalls of his mailed shoes reverberating off the stone walls.  The scrapes and clatter of the footfalls were joined by the noise of Calis' tapping of his spear's butt on the floor.  The tapping mimiced the searching of a blindman, which he most certainly was after stepping into the black.  Lastly, with a prayer on his lips the priest followed...

  Remaining behind were the yeoman, fool, and hermit.  They had decided on a more cautious course...
Colm MacTyre
 player, 72 posts
 A forlorn Irishman with 
 a longbow and a pint!
Tue 21 Dec 2004
at 19:31
Re: Fillian's basement...
Swimdoll:
  Sir Pedivere disapeared into the inky blackness, the metallic footfalls of his mailed shoes reverberating off the stone walls.  The scrapes and clatter of the footfalls were joined by the noise of Calis' tapping of his spear's butt on the floor.  The tapping mimiced the searching of a blindman, which he most certainly was after stepping into the black.  Lastly, with a prayer on his lips the priest followed...

  Remaining behind were the yeoman, fool, and hermit.  They had decided on a more cautious course...


Hearing the sounds of battle ahead, Colm dives into the darkness, bow drawn... Damnable fool is 'ganna get 'imself killed, an us too he curses
Chrissa
 player, 49 posts
Wed 22 Dec 2004
at 07:04
Re: Fillian's basement...
Chrissa also hastens to follow...