Zedian Forest.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 6 posts
Sun 11 May 2014
at 22:45
Zedian Forest
To the east of the Border lies the Zedian Forest. Thick with tall trees, the forest seems to mimic the kingdom its a part of, standing tall and strong.
Niko
 player, 5 posts
Mon 19 May 2014
at 04:22
Re: Zedian Forest
 Leaping swiftly across the trees of the Zedian forest is a small squirrel. He looks like an average brown squirrel with a large bushy tail, but he has shimmering light-blue eyes  giving off a dim glow. Also around his head is what looks like a dark blue bandana, which is his Sakari toga. He is following a red fox chasing after a rabbit, jumping from branch to branch between trees and trailing just behind hoping to find a chance to gain the fox's form. Possibly if the fox catches the rabbit he can gain it while it's distracted eating.

 Just when he thought he would have a chance, the fox and rabbit pass through a large gap in the trees too long to jump across, the sun instantly shines brighter from the lack off trees. Niko stops abruptly, clutching to a branch and watching disappointed as his target gets away. He goes deeper into the forest, searching for another form to take on, something a little more able to take on the dangers he knows he is going to face in this land. So far he hasn't ventured far beyond this forest where his father left him for his five year pilgrimage, but he knew he would have to leave it soon. Thinking back to the flight into the forest a week before from his far off homeland, clutched tight in his father's huge dragon claws, his bushy tail shakes as a chill of fear of the flying rushes over him.

 Suddenly he hears an animal making a loud screeching noise, and decides to carefully head toward that direction and check it out. He comes upon an adult male grey wolf, with its leg caught in a trap. By the time he gets there the wolf has stopped screaming and is laying down, obviously in pain. Niko feels bad for the wolf, but also is happy for the chance to gain the form. He goes to bottom of the trees, and tries to approach the wolf from behind as silent as he can. He comes up on the wolf from behind, running up and touches the wolf's back leg and a spark of light blue light appears where he makes contact. After he touches its leg he quickly runs underneath it and to the left away from its reach, and it bites wildly trying to get him. If it hadn't been in the trap and Niko hadn't been in the fast small form of the squirrel, he knows it would have been impossible to make physical contact with the savage wolf.

 Niko stands upright a short distance from the wolf, as he focuses on imprinting the form he got from making contact with the wolf. As the Sakari can only have two forms to switch between, he must abandon one of his current forms to keep the wolf form. This only takes about half a minute of focus to achieve, but must be done within half of minute of making physical contact with the form he desires. He decides to hold on to the squirrel form and abandon his other form, which was a small human child form he found his first day in this land. As he does this his eyes glow brighter and appear larger, within them an image of the child shows up in them, shifting to the form of a wolf before going back to their normal shimmering light-blue.

 When Niko can focus again a minute later he sees the wolf is looking at him whimpering in pain, and notices that in trying to gain the form he caused the wolf to further injure its leg in the trap by struggling. He is suddenly filled with regret for hurting the wolf further. Thinking about how to set it free of the trap, he realizes he may have made a mistake in choosing to have the forms of a squirrel and a wolf, and that in the future he should probably keep a humanoid form to manipulate things like this trap.

 As he thinks about how to free this wolf, he hears the sounds of something or someone approaching. Quickly he skitters up the nearest tree in case of danger to watch who is coming, perching on a sturdy branch at a good vantage point to hopefully see, but not be seen. He assumes it will either be the hunter who set the trap, or some other person or some predator that heard the wolf's screaming echo through the forest like Niko himself did.
GM
 GM, 62 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Mon 19 May 2014
at 04:32
Re: Zedian Forest


Niko was right in his assumption. Out of the brush comes an hunter wearing Zedian garbs. He moved near the wold caught in his trap and studied it for a moment.

"Hmm. Smaller prey than I hoped. Oh well, these pelts still fetch a good price. Maybe I can catch another fox while I'm out today."

He dropped his bag and pulled out his bow and and pulled an arrow from his quiver. The hunter pulled back on the string and aimed it at the wolf.

"Hold still. This will only hurt for a second."
Niko
 player, 7 posts
Mon 19 May 2014
at 21:43
Re: Zedian Forest
Niko felt bad for the wolf, but he doesn't even consider stopping the hunter. As a Sakari, he understands hunters and prey, his race spending a primary amount of their lives out in the jungle as animals of both types. Niko doesn't know much about the world outside the Sakari jungles, but his father taught him some things. One of which was that Outsiders hunt animals for many things, like furs for their clothes. He felt he had no right to stop this hunter.

The Sakari coming-of-age pilgrimage must be planned years in advance, so that only one Sakari is in a region, and any special preparations can be made. Most Sakari spend from age sixteen to eighteen learning and training for it. Some of the elders who had taken their pilgrimage near devil's gullet had taught Niko the language of the land over the last couple years, as well as what they know about the land's current war.

Niko waits until the hunter finishes the wolf, and then decides to speak to him and get some information on the land around the forest. He knows he is in Zedia, but that is it. He speaks in his Sakari voice. The voice is very low and deep, with a very quiet echo at a high pitch. To the hunter it sounds like it is coming from generally where Niko is perched. As he speaks his eyes flicker a little brighter with each syllable.

"Hello, hunter. My name is Niko. I am new in this land. May I approach you? I am a friend."
GM
 GM, 82 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Tue 20 May 2014
at 00:32
Re: Zedian Forest
The hunter quickly drew another arrow and aimed it at the squirrel above him. Squirrels don't usually talk, even if they wear bandanas and have glowing blue eyes.

"Ha! Friend? Demon more like!"

The Zedian people weren't usually the most open, especially by acts that seem like they could have some connection to the dark arts and unaccepted magics. His trained eyes studied the animal, watching for any sudden movements, this hunter must have been a soldier at one point because he had a look that didn't look hesitant to kill.

"Speak your business creature, lest I run you through."

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:33, Tue 20 May 2014.

Niko
 player, 8 posts
 Sakari Shapeshifter
 Forms: Wolf, Squirrel
Tue 20 May 2014
at 01:33
Re: Zedian Forest
"I am no demon, I am a Sakari. We are shape changers. I am on a pilgrimidge to learn about this land and help out its people in any way I can," Niko replies, saddened that this hunter turned so hostile. "I just want to know the way to Forthu."

Niko stared carefully at the hunter, sitting upright and still as a statue. He thought of a few options if the hunter continued to be hostile, but wanted to try talking peacefully before acting.
GM
 GM, 98 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Tue 20 May 2014
at 04:51
Re: Zedian Forest
The hunter rose an eyebrow, arrow still trained on 'Niko,' as it called itself.

"Sakari? Shape changers? Sounds like a load of crap ta me."

His eyes squinted a bit before he lowered his weapon and returned to his work with the wolf.

"Forthu's a bit that way to the East, good luck getting around like that, can't say people will act much different from I ta talking squirrels. Now off with ya, don't want any part of whatever dark magic ye could be using."
Niko
 player, 10 posts
 Sakari Shapeshifter
 Forms: Wolf, Squirrel
Tue 20 May 2014
at 06:01
Re: Zedian Forest
Niko thought about what the hunter said and replied, "Thank you. I will leave you now." The hunter was right, he needed a more human form, and luckily there was one right in front of him. Taking this hunter's form is same to Niko as the hunter taking the wolf's pelt. As the hunter let his guard down, Niko got into a pouncing position, and leaped off the branch toward him.

The second Niko leaves the branch he starts the process of shifting into the wolf. In midair, his eyes burst into hundreds of smaller pinpricks of light that form the outline of the wolf around him, and then in a flash he is the wolf. His dark blue Sakari toga has changed in the flash from a bandana on the squirrel to a larger piece wrapped around his wolf torso, looking a little like a saddle. The lights form together back into his eyes, and this all happens quickly in the second in a half it takes to reach the hunter.

Niko feels himself now the wolf, and just in time to collide with the hunter and knock him over and knocking the wind out of him. He pinned down the hunter and bared his teeth, saying with his Sakari voice, "I will let you live, but I require your form. Tend to the wolf." A spark shines off his paw holding down the hunter's arm, and Niko darts into the nearby woods leaving the hunter lay.

He is limping as he runs, pain stinging from the wounded back leg. He gets as far as he can in thirty seconds before stopping to focus and imprint the hunter's form. When the Sakari gain a form they also gain the injuries while in that form. They heal over time as they normally would, but Niko knows he will always find another form before then, and in these trees he will need to be the squirrel. So he decides to abandon the wolf form and keep the hunter and the squirrel. His eyes grow big and glow bright, within them the image of the wolf morphs into that of the hunter, and then splits into the pinpricks of light as he loses the wolf form. Then quickly reform to the outline of the squirrel once more. With that done, he bounds up a tree and then heads east, jumping again from branch to branch through the trees, and hoping he has an easier time with his next interaction with people.
Niko
 player, 11 posts
 Sakari Shapeshifter
 Forms: Human, Squirrel
Tue 20 May 2014
at 10:25
Re: Zedian Forest
Niko spent the next couple hours heading east. Most of the time he spent in squirrel form, covering ground through the trees. Every so often he would change into the form of the hunter to get used to it. He avoided other creatures for the trip.

When he was a little closer to Forthu, he heard a woman's screaming and went through the trees to investigate. He came across two bandits, one human and one a sort of lizard-man.  The lizard-man is taunting a fancily dressed young woman in a wooden cage and putting a piece of cloth around her mouth to quiet her down. The other is tending a horse that is decorated and saddled way too fine to belong to the bandits.

Not sure what to do to help, but knowing he wants to, he watches them from afar for an opportunity for awhile. Eventually one presents itself. Niko sees lizard-man turn his focus to the second cage, which is much sturdier and made of metal. He sees now that inside is the largest warthog he has ever seen, light brown and nearly six feet long with tusks the size of a man's arm. It has quite a few small cuts on its body, and lizard-man adds a couple more while whipping it with some branches through the metal bars, and the human comes and slaps him to the ground.

The human says, "Dammit Sleek! We's supposed to sell this pig, you idiot! Needs to be alive, and so does the girl! She looks like a fancy-pants rich bitch. A family like hers will pay so much to get her back, but if it turns out to be more trouble than its worth, this pig is worth a few weeks wages." While saying this, the human continues to smack around the lizard-man, Sleek, and Niko uses this distraction to make his move.

Niko studies the cage for a second, and then moves in squirrel form quickly to the back of the boar's cage, squeezing through the bars to make quick contact with the boar and imprint the form. He goes behind the cage where they can't see him and focuses, hoping the bandits stay distracted. A part of him wants to hold on to the squirrel form, but he knows its just familiarity with having used it so much, and getting attached to forms can be dangerous. His looks away from the conflict as his eyes grow brighter and within an image of the squirrel shifts into that of the boar, and his eyes disappear into a hundred small lights forming him into the human hunter.

The hunter form is an average size and build human, with long brown hair and scruffy facial hair. Niko's Sakari Toga forms around him like a tight robe, covering down to just below his knees, and wrapped around him in a way leaving his left shoulder bare. The two bandits look up and the human starts to approach, but they are too late. Niko is at the front of the cage, releasing the lock and opening it. The Boar screeches in a frightening sound of anger and it bursts out and impales the human bandit with its tusks. Sleek laughs a hissing laugh, before the boar turns to him and he runs into the woods in a quick manner, slinking on all fours. The boar follows and suddenly it is eerily quiet after the commotion.

Niko quickly runs over to the woman's cage and frees her. "Don't be afraid, I am going to Forthu and will take you to safety." Scared and barely responsive, she doesn't resist and let's Niko carry her to the horse. "Can you ride?" Niko asks, using the hunter's voice instead of his Sakari voice, and she gives a small timid nod. "I will ride behind you, keeping you safe. Ride at a steady pace, but not too fast. I have never done this."

They got on the horse together, Niko holding on tight with her in front. It was immediately obvious this was her horse and she was very familiar with it. After they rode for awhile both of them relaxed a little, and Niko asks, "May I ask your name?"

This message was last edited by the player at 05:28, Wed 21 May 2014.

GM
 GM, 130 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Thu 22 May 2014
at 05:17
Re: Zedian Forest


The horse began to move slowly through the heavily wooded area, soon finding a trail of sorts to trot on at a decent pace. Still quiet the girl spoke without turning to look at her savior.

"Lenore. My...my name is Lenore."

She was obviously nervous by the events that happened.

"Who are you?"
Alice
 player, 505 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 13:00
Re: Zedian Forest
(From: Copper District)

There was little difficulty finding the large forest to the south. Alice led the group up to the edge of the trees, then turned and looked back at Choryn. "Well, we're here," she said, her eyes saying something along the lines of "get on with it."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 13:01, Fri 06 June 2014.

Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 593 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Sat 7 Jun 2014
at 00:41
Re: Zedian Forest
Choryn doesn't even bother looking at Alice he examines the treeline.  The edge of the forest is thick with growth Choryn scans up and down the edge of the forest.  After a moment he starts walking to what seems to be an arbitrary point in the trees. "this way." he says quietly slipping into the forest.  Just inside the tree line a very narrow and lightly used game trail appears.  Looking back towards the treeline the trail fans out as a way of concealment.  To Choryn's trained eye various broken limbs and twigs from people moving in and out of the trees stand out like a brightly painted sign.  Looking forward he notes several other locations along the trail with broken branches and the occasional overturned rock, or rotten log.  These guys were good, but six people were an awful lot to keep from leaving signs of passing. Choryn walked up the trail a short distance, staying within sight of the treeline.  Turning his head he quietly says over his shoulder, "This will lead to their camp. Move quietly, and follow.  Stay a stones throw behind me when possible, but do not break line of sight.  Once we find we can move out of earshot and decide on the best course of action."  His dark green cloak and dark clothing almost seamlessly blend into the natural dark colors of the forest. Not waiting for a response he continues down the trail his soft leather boots making hardly and sound at all.
Norick
 player, 49 posts
 Who needs tact when you
 can breathe fire?
Sat 7 Jun 2014
at 01:12
Re: Zedian Forest
Contrary to what some may have believed, Norick could actually move fairly quietly when she wanted to. Not as quickly as her smaller-statured companions, at least not on the ground, but it was clear she knew what she was doing. Even if it was just as clear that she didn't like doing it.

Ordinarily, she'd consider spying on the group from the air, but the canopy was too thick for her to reliably see through and be cable to follow six seperate targets that are trying very hard to be sneaky, and her shadow would likely alert them anyway. All things she'd learned from experience. Not that she'd admit it.
Alice
 player, 508 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Sun 8 Jun 2014
at 03:56
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice briefly considered scaling the nearest tree and following Choryn from above, but that would make too much noise and probably end in her losing track of the group and getting lost...... Not that proceeding alone was usually a problem, but she'd rather wait to be lost and out of her element after she found the target.....

Devious gears whirring within her mind, she silently follows the others.
GM
 GM, 204 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Sun 8 Jun 2014
at 22:12
Re: Zedian Forest
((OOC: So I totally forgot to consider this, but lets just say that there was a rough sketch of what Zebadiah looks like on the contract.))

As the group followed Choryn's lead through the forest more and more signs of life could be scene. It looked like the group got lazier about covering their tracks as they got farther away from the city. Up ahead a small camp could be seen, composed of a few tents and a camp fire recently lit in the center. Two men were sitting at the campfire, they looked like the mage and the archer described earlier, two standing around on guard, most likely the hired hands. The surrounding brush allowed the group to stay relatively hidden from sigh so long as they didn't do something to draw attention, and besides Custoh and another hired thug not being in sight, it appeared as though they had the drop on their targets.
Norick
 player, 56 posts
 Who needs tact when you
 can breathe fire?
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 03:49
Re: Zedian Forest
Norick assessed the situation as best she could from her hiding spot behind a tree and some foliage. If what she was seeing was right, then she would have a clear advantage over the Mage, if she could trust her new partners to keep the rest of them busy. Then again, she figured she could take on two or three at a time, perhaps four if she caught them totally off-guard. But then she'd have to kill them, most likely, and any chance of being paid along with it, so…

Besides, if what she heard was true, these traitors deserved a traitor's death; something public and humiliating, preferably. But she was getting ahead of herself.

If she used her natural fire-resistance against the Mage, maybe she could scare them into surrendering. It couldn't hurt, right?

"The Mage is mine," she whispered. "But where's the real target? He has to be nearby…"
Alice
 player, 515 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 03:59
Re: Zedian Forest
"I'll have a look around, I doubt they're far." She backs away from the current position slightly, and slips behind a nearby tree-trunk, so that the campers couldn't see her if they looked her way. She then started racing up the tree's trunk, seemingly ignoring the branches and more obvious handholds so that no part of her would be visible on the way up. Once she started to get to the more densely packed branches, she stopped, positioning herself in such a way that she could rest on the branch but not be seen. She then looks around, scanning the area for any other nearby humanoids.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 597 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 04:19
Re: Zedian Forest
Choryn assessed the situation.  These were supposed deserters, while they typically had underworld connections once they deserted though they tended to go dark for a while until the heat had died down.  He did agree with the assessment that the others were somewhere near.  When he considered the options they could wait and risk discovery, but hopefully catch all six with their guard down.  The other option had similar risk and reward, they take out four of the six, and possibly get the location of the other two.  The risk was alerting the target and having him go to ground, while not impossible to find it would make things more difficult. Judging by Norick's comment she was eager for battle already calling a target. He looked at Lavender and made a complex series of hand motions.  Taking a deep breath he says in his normal quiet way his face it's characteristic embarrassed red, "We should wait, set a snare on the trail hope to catch the others when they return and ambush the group when they try and help."
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 21 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 04:30
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender had been happy to relax on Choryn's shoulder but once the camp had been sighted she had become more attentive waiting for Choryn's signal.  They'd worked together before and had developed a rudimentary hand and arm signal system.  What he had signed to her was to fly up and take a look around and return quickly.  She flitted up to the tree tops, she wasn't so worried about being seen, most that saw her in the tree tops assumed she was some kind of bird and ignored her.  Seeing Alice climbing the tree she looped to the right staying near the foliage mimicking the flight pattern of a blue bird. She traveled about a quarter of the way around the camp before turning back zipping through the trees at a high rate of speed to report what she sees.  If the information doesn't help she plans to fly around to the other side in hopes of gaining more information.
GM
 GM, 216 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 04:27
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender couldn't see much, the forest was thick in this area, however, she could tell that the other side of the camp was disturbed in a way that didn't look like simple camp going-on's, if their main mark had gone anywhere, he had probably headed in that direction for whatever reason. The others in the camp still had yet to notice any of the party members.

"I need to take a leak, be back in a bit."

Unfortunately, one of the thugs began to walk towards them, whistling a tune as he moved towards a nearby tree to relieve himself.
Norick
 player, 60 posts
 Who needs tact when you
 can breathe fire?
Thu 12 Jun 2014
at 17:08
Re: Zedian Forest
Norick smiled a bit from behind her tree. Apparently she'd be getting a little excitement early this mission. She just had to make sure she could incapacitate him silently. All she needed was a grip on his neck or face; she was most likely too strong for him to break her hold, even if she couldn't pin his arms.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 602 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 23:53
Re: Zedian Forest
The man's words ring out through the forest a loud an abomination to the typical noise of the forest.  Hearing the man headed their direction Choryn immediately decides this is trouble.  Most likely Norick and or Alice will try to do something.  He quickly considers his options and decides that Lavender will have to make the best of the situation.  Taking a few steps into the trees he puts some concealment between him and the man, pulling his dagger.  If the other two don't take any actions he intends to step behind the man and knock him out with the handle.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:54, Sun 15 June 2014.

Lavender Isthmus
 player, 22 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 00:00
Re: Zedian Forest
Arriving at the meeting point Lavender catches a glimpse of Choryn disappearing into the trees.  She is about the same height in the trees as Alice.  While virtually invisible from below from above and level with it isn't as difficult to spot her.  She assumes if Choryn is taking cover something is up. She stops and alights concealed from the camp a few branches back from Alice waiting to see what's up.
GM
 GM, 225 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 00:49
Re: Zedian Forest
The thug walked over to the tree that Norick was standing behind. He got a sort of weird feeling, like he was being watched...

"Uhg, I hate it out here. Gives me the creeps. Brush looks like its got eyes it does."

Not wanting to spend more time in the forest, he began to drain the lizard and sighed. Finishing, got decent and turned to walk back when he heard a slight russtle from Lavander moving in the tree top. Startled, the thug drew his sword and quickly looked up into the tree, seeing nothing but leaves and shadows.

"Hello? Who's there?"
Alice
 player, 530 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Mon 16 Jun 2014
at 02:25
Re: Zedian Forest
If Alice hadn't been preoccupied with not giving herself away, she would've turned to glare at Lavender, but she had other things to take care of. Jumping out of the tree at him was likely a bad idea, so she'd have to go with a diversion, and one that wouldn't have "there's someone hiding in the tree" written all over it.

So, cursing her luck, she carefully brought her left hand up to her lips, whistling in her best imitation bird-call. With any luck, the idiot wouldn't know better that the only calls she knew were that of a half-dead city sparrow and a crow. Come to think of it, the latter would've been less likely to attract the campers' attention.....
GM
 GM, 228 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 01:20
Re: Zedian Forest
The sun was beginning to work its way down towards the horizon, and it didn't appear to be on Alice's side. A stray ray of light fell subtly through the leaves and caught the glimmer off the assassin's eye. The thugs mouth fell agape as the eye from the shadows watched him move.

"Intru-!"

Just as he began to yell, the man was cut short by the blunt end of a dagger handle as Choryn took him down. The thug hit the ground with a soft thud, concealed in the ferns below.

"What the..."

The other thug began to move his head around and peer towards the area that his fellow criminal had went to relive himself. A peculiar sound had just made its way towards his ears.

"You alright out there?"

As the thug tried to look for the source of the noise, the two men at the campfire took notice and stood up. The party's element of surprise was slipping from their grasp as the criminal's began to get suspicions.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:05, Thu 19 June 2014.

Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 604 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Thu 19 Jun 2014
at 04:51
Re: Zedian Forest
The handle of his dagger had satisfyingly robbed the man of any form of consciousness. Hearing the commotion in the camp Choryn quickly grabbed the man dragging him behind a tree and hogtying and gagging him so he couldn't escape or call for help.  Leaving the bait for his trap, he looks at the two women, no time for shyness now, and all business. Pointing to Alice "You muscle and fighters," to Norick "you the mage," pointing to himself he simply said. "I'll offer ranged support this time. Lavender will do her part if we get injured." He figures if Norick wants the mage she must have at least some trick up her sleeves, and Alice he'd seen in a brawl so he knew she could fight multiple opponents.  While he could join in melee, ranged support could be used to discourage the enemy from leaving in a hurry.  Pointing to the drag marks and the unconscious form behind him he said.  "Bait for the trap. Alice there" he said indicating a point off the trail, "Norick here" he said indicating a second point about equidistant on the other side. "I'll be here he says" pointing to a location that forms the 3 into a triangle. Pulling out his bow and checking the string, "On my signal. Also more payment for alive" he says indicating a bow shot, and referencing the fact that typically higher bounties were paid for live targets.  Quickly not much time to hide, he says darting off to a bit off the path but to his appointed location for the ambush quickly concealing himself in the plants and shrubs but maintaining a good field of view.
Norick
 player, 64 posts
 Who needs tact when you
 can breathe fire?
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 07:27
Re: Zedian Forest
Norick gave a little salute and grin before turning and swiftly running on all fours to the indicated position. Normally, she didn't like taking orders, but at least she was sort of getting what she wanted. She just wished she could show off a bit more, take a few of them on at once. She was good at intimidation tactics.

She quickly found cover at her given position in the undergrowth and waited, coiled like a spring, or a snake.
Alice
 player, 544 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 07:53
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice couldn't really tell what Choryn had been saying, the man always spoke too damn quietly and she couldn't read lips. The fact that he had a plan was apparent by the pointing. He and Norick already had two out of three positions covered. The problem came, however that all the spots Choryn had pointed to were on the ground, and hers was near Captain Captive over there. Wouldn't it make more sense to attack from above while their attention was focused downward?

With this in mind, Alice does her best to both remain unseen and move to somewhere approximately above the man Choryn had incapacitated.
GM
 GM, 236 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Sat 21 Jun 2014
at 20:48
Re: Zedian Forest
By now the mage and the archer had already drawn their weapons and were focused on the area that their underling was looking at. The archer whistled and nodded to the thug to investigate once he turned around. Nervously, the thug looked between the area he was suppose to investigate and his superior, trying to figure out which one he was more afraid of. He took a deep breath, drew his sword, and began to walk into the brush of the forest.

The thug kept on his nervous advance until he came upon the drag marks. He didn't see any blood, but he didn't see the other man anywhere. His heart pounding, he took up a defensive position and began to look around for anything that looked like trouble.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 612 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Tue 24 Jun 2014
at 04:09
Re: Zedian Forest
Choryn sets and nocks an arrow, though not his strongest suit at this range it was really hard to miss.  The down side was lack of cover from anything the enemy archer shot in his direction. He was the trigger to this mess, thinking quickly he decides to not give away the fact that he has a ranged weapon, from his vantage point it appears the man is roughly next to the captive, hoping Alice is still nearby he reaches down he finds a fist sized rock. Picking it up he ensures he has a clear line on the thug, stepping out of cover smoothly when the man looks away he rears back and lets fly with all his might the rock rocketing towards the center of the man's back.  As he tucks himself behind a tree, he hopes the other will realize what is going on and attack when the man comes his way.  Once behind the tree he turns to watch the mage and archer's reaction.  If they come into the trees he'll cut off their escape back into camp, if not well he'll do something about keeping them entertained and hopefully incapacitated.
Alice
 player, 551 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Tue 24 Jun 2014
at 05:06
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice took advantage of Choryn's distraction and decided to exit the tree now, before someone else saw her and shot her. She climbed down just enough to keep her weight from being lethal, then jumped at the man beneath her. With any luck, she'd avoid impaling herself on his weapon, take him down, and soften her landing all in one go.
GM
 GM, 244 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 22:44
Re: Zedian Forest
The thug, plainly put, didn't really stand a chance no matter what he did. The rock knocked him off balance and before he could react he was being forced to the ground by some mass falling out of the tree. His head hit the ground knocking him out, and his body softened the fall or Alice, both of them hidden by the brush.

Back at the camp the archer watched the tree line carefully before shaking his head.

"Enough games, Eltz, find our intruders, I want this wrapped up before Zebadiah comes back."

"With pleasure..."

The mage slammed his staff to the ground and began shooting fire into the tree line. The fire wasn't really aimed to kill, more to burn away any cover in the the area.
Norick
 player, 66 posts
 Who needs tact when you
 can breathe fire?
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 22:53
Re: Zedian Forest
Norick wasn't in the best position to act, but she didn't hesitate. Perhaps it was better, anyway, because she got to flex her wings.

The others in her group would see a grey missile darting up above the trees, trying to get to the treeline as quickly as possible. All the thugs would see is the mage's flames suddenly being blocked by a dark grey figure wrapping itself in its own wings, and then slowly coming towards them.

Nobody could see the massive grin on her fave the entire time.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 622 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Mon 30 Jun 2014
at 20:03
Re: Zedian Forest
The fireballs were and inconvenience, though judging by the grey streak leaving the trees Norick was already moving to engage the source of them.  Taking a moment to place Lavender's bag behind the tree near the ambush site, nocked and arrow taking careful aim at the archer just visible through the trees.  He focused of the mans shoulder, aim small miss small he thought remembering his father's lessons. His goal was simple, even if the shot was a bit more difficult, shooting the archer in the shoulder would make it incredibly painful if not impossible to utilize his weapon of choice.  Taking a deep breath and exhaling he draws the bow, and allows his breathing to settle into its normal rhythm, at the transition point of exhaling to inhaling he releases the arrow, the only part of him that moves is his fingers releasing the bow string.  As the arrow leaps from the bow he remains still for a moment allowing it to clear the bow and avoiding interrupting the arrows flight.  Ducking back down he shifts moving further around to the side to avoid taking return fire from the mage or archer.  He doesn't waiting to see if the arrow impacts know if it misses it'd be more prudent to be in a different location.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 23 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Mon 30 Jun 2014
at 20:35
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender observes the rock come flying through the trees, and then the arrow rapidly departing back towards the camp. It's obvious that is Choryn's location as neither of the others in the group were carrying a bow, plus Alice was below her, and Norick was currently playing? with.  Taking off from her location in the tree Lavender darts towards the location staying high in the canopy to avoid the low flying fireballs, before quickly descending down the trunk.  Arriving at the location she notices Choryn has moved further around the side to avoid return fire.  Taking care to keep the tree between the still standing combatants and herself she, opens and quickly removes a vial from the bag slipping it into a sling she puts it on her back.  Closing her bag she darts as quickly as possible low across the ground towards the two bodies and Alice. Arriving at Alice she offers the vial to her saying, "This is a powerful sleep draught used for surgery. It will put them to sleep for several hours. Though I recommend keeping them restrained."  Removing the seal that has a glass rod on the end she touches the drop on the rod to the mans upper lip, watching it slide into his mouth.  Going over to the other man she removes his gag repeating the process.  She decided that once she was sure both were out she'd check them for any severe or life threatening injuries, unless anyone in the group needed assistance.
GM
 GM, 249 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Sat 5 Jul 2014
at 18:03
Re: Zedian Forest
As the figure walked through the flames seemingly shrugging them off, the mage got a surprised and angry look on his face. He ground his feet into the dirt and slammed his staff into the ground. He took a deep breath and the flames intensified both in heat and in shear force.

Meanwhile the archer barely had time to react as an arrow shot past him and nicked his shoulder, leaving a nasty little gash. He cursed under his breath and moved to get a better angle on whoever shot at him. He drew back his own bowstring and launched a few arrows in Choryn's direction, not hitting him, but all coming dangerously close.
Alice
 player, 554 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Sat 5 Jul 2014
at 18:40
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice scoffs at Lavender's comment. Either the sprite didn't have any real faith in her silly poison thingy or she was being excessively careful. "Tie them up yourself if you're so doubful of your stupid potion." She had to admit though, the method Lavender had used for getting around was safer than the ground. "Do try and keep them from catching on fire," she remarked as she started back up the tree, in order to avoid the growing fires.

From there she moved in in a quarter-circle around the camp, so that she'd be on the side. As far as she knew, the only person in the opponent's party who knew she existed was the one currently taking a nap at the base of a tree. With any luck, she'd be able to surprise them enough for Norick to take advantage of an opening. Stopping momentarily, she crouches on a branch and pulls two throwing knives in each hand before continuing. Starting to move again, she begins throwing the knives one after another, aiming for the archer's legs.
Shadow Flamel
 player, 2 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Tue 8 Jul 2014
at 02:34
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow walked along through the forest. She had her cloak on, like always, with the hood up and covering her face. She had her bow strung and loaded with an arrow tucked underneath her cloak, ready for a moment's notice if need be. Her eyes scanned the forest for signs of movement while her ears were attuned to the sounds of the forest. She had grown accustomed to the natural noises of the forest itself so anything out of place would sound like a bang in the silent night.

Shadow was keeping off of the main road herself, although she kept it in sight, since she never knew who could be traveling these parts and if she ran into anyone she would see them but they wouldn't see her. She had that thoughts for namely two reasons. One was that most travelers don't expect to see anyone traveling through the forest itself when there was a well worn road that could be taken. Secondly, if someone did happen to look in her direction she could easily and virtually instantly blend right into the forest without them noticing her. So far Shadow hadn't met anyone but she was sure that was about to change as she studied the rise of smoke from up ahead. The smoke proved there to be a fire, and a large one at that. The sign of fire this size either ment a forest fire, or fighting, both of which were likely. Holding back a sigh since she didn't know what it was she would soon see, she headed on ahead towards the clouds of smoke and soon heard the crackling of fire and a few whistlings of arrows.

Frowning she ghosted from one patch of shadows to another, moving with silent and unseen movement until she found a vantage point from which to take a look at things.

She instantly noted the mage launching the balls of fire since he was hard to miss. Shadow scanned the area, spotting the archer who was firing in the direction of Choryn. She noticed a few of the others in the group and quickly distinguished the two groups. Holding back a sigh she figured she might as well quickly end the fighting by making it unable for everyone to fight. She slid her loaded bow out from under her cloak and pulled the string back with the arrow on it, adjusting it to how she needed it angled and positioned before letting the arrow fly at the mage. The arrow was intended for the mage's staff since that was what he was using to sling his fireballs about. She smoothly sent a second arrow flying without a second thought, this one aimed to hopefully pin the mage against the near tree to put him out of the picture. She notched a third arrow and waited a few seconds to see if her arrows would hit home or not.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:00, Tue 08 July 2014.

GM
 GM, 256 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 20:04
Re: Zedian Forest
The Mage's brow furrowed as the figure in the flames continued its advance towards him. So it was time to cheat. He suddenly pulled back stopping the flames pulling his staff up, luckily avoiding an arrow that seemed to come out of no where. He saw his opponent at last, a dragon kin. Not waiting, he lunged his arms and staff forward causing a torrent of flames to sweep underneath Norick and sent her off into the air. A smoke trail could be seen as she landed somewhere deeper in the forest, probably not dead, but definitely unconscious. As he lunged forward, the second arrow shot by the new assailant flew right past him again, and into the shoulder of the archer next to him.

"Damn it all!"

The archer gritted his teeth as he pulled the arrow out, he could move it, but not without pain.

"How many of them are there?"

Of course as soon as he opened his mouth a few knives entered one of his legs causing him to grunt in anger and pain as he fell to one knee. The mage began to redirect his attention and launched a ball of fire in the general direction of the forest where the new arrows came from.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:06, Fri 11 July 2014.

Shadow Flamel
 player, 4 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 22:28
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow wrinkled her nose in slight disgust and irritation of her misses. She watched the ball of fire that them age sent flying and even though it was in her direction it was a total miss. The fire landed a few meters away but she still felt the heat if the dancing flames and the smoke obscured her vision for some seconds. Using that little bit of time she retrieved three arrows. Each arrow had a wad of cloth on the staff of the arrow which was soaked with a flammable oil. She set them at the edge of the fire so they would light and sent her current, standard arrow to the air. This one was again aimed for the Mage, she had aimed for the shoulder area so that if it hit it would wound, not kill. If he moved at the last second she was hoping it would hit his upper arm. Notching on one of the arrows with a flame at its tip she picked out her targets. In a rapid, yet smooth succession if practiced movements she had all three flaming arrows on their way. She didn't wait to see if they would work or not since she was already up and swiftly moving to a new spot. If her arrows of fire worked she was hoping the small patches of dead grass would catch aflame since that was were she had aimed. The fire would cause a distraction and maybe give some of the fighters a bit of a burn. She took care to not cause a forest fire, having noticed that the patches of dead grass were pretty much surrounded by dirt and rocks. She crouched down behind some rocks and scanned the area below for any signs of success or failure from her arrows so she could react accordingly.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 630 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 21:46
Re: Zedian Forest
With the new combatant entering the fight using arrows Choryn quickly decides to switch to his scimitar and dagger, which were the weapons with which he is most skilled.  He quickly slides the bow into it's sheath over his shoulder and draws his scimitar and dagger in a practiced move. He takes two short steps before accelerating into a charge towards his enemy.  To anyone that knew his fighting style the way he held his blades may have looked a bit odd, but this was intentional.  He had every intention of using the flats of the blades to knock the opponents out.  The archer was injured and the mage seemed distracted by the new archer. Exiting the tree line he steps and pivots expertly, his body rotating fluidly and in a gracefully controlled manner aiming the flat of his dagger low and at the side of the archers face, his scimitar rotates along a similar arc but on the plane that the mages head resides. He knows even if he misses one or both his momentum will carry him past the two allowing both Alice and the unseen ally another round of clear shots, as well as possibly splitting the attention of the two which will allow his allies to almost effortlessly wrap up the altercation.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 25 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 21:55
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender sighs and sets to work tying up the two.  It takes a bit longer than expected, and she rolls her eyes at Alice.  For as skilled as the woman seems to be she's surprised that Alice wasn't for multiple layers of assurance.  finishing up she realizes there isn't much she can do to stop the two from being burned or hit by the mages fire.  She looks about to check the status of the team, and sees Norick go flying off into the trees.  She sighs making a mental note of the location when new arrows come streaking out of the trees towards the archer and mage, and then Choryn racing towards the two enemies. She takes a deep breath thinking, "That man and the risks he takes I swear.".  Not sure what to make of it she darts towards the source of the flaming arrows using the smoke trails to trace them back to their origin.  Seeing a figure darting to a new location she draws her small dagger and follows it around the rocks calling out pointing the dagger at the person, "Who are you, and what's your purpose here?"
Shadow Flamel
 player, 5 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 05:17
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow already had another arrow notched onto the bow string. She knew those flaming arrows could show her location to anyone willing to pay attention. She slipped away from the rocks and had just reached one of the nearest trees. She slowed to a stop, spotting Lavender a few seconds before hearing what the girl had to say. She slid her arrow off the bow and returned both the bow and the arrow to their proper positions. Her arms and hands disappeared under her cloak and her face stayed hidden in the shadows of her hood. She studied Lavender in front of her, silent for a little while. "Who am I? Nobody important. As for why I'm here it's kinda hard to miss all the smoke. Had to come see if it was a forest fire or something. Obviously it's nothing more than a little fight." She said simply, not a hint of emotion in her words at the moment. While talking she had unsheathed two knifes. On was a smaller, standard throwing knife and the other was a large blade, looking to be between a knife and a dagger. The two weapons were in case the girl decide to use that dagger of hers. The blades were both hidden under the green, grey, and brown moated cloak that she wore. Without another word she started off again, slipping through the trees and sticking to the shadows; seeming to disappear for a few seconds before reappearing a few feet ahead thanks to her cloak.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 26 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 05:26
Re: Zedian Forest
"Obviously" Lavender quipped back, the voice sounded female though she couldn't make out a face "though it's a private matter... by the way are you single..." she didn't even get to extol the virtue of Choryn before the woman took off and Lavender groaned audibly. Another bounty hunter here for the prize, blast that mage and his fire fetish. The woman slips off but Lavender quickly takes the high road zipping through the trees keeping her in sight, there was no point in losing track of the intruder, and she wasn't quite sure the interloper didn't mean any harm to Choryn... or Alice since technically was a business partner for this venture. She had to admit the cloak was good, but it didn't matter the best camouflage was always compromised by movement.  She tucked her knife away and follow high and from what she considered as safe enough distance not to lose sight of the newcomer.
Shadow Flamel
 player, 6 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 01:52
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow slid her gaze to the girl following her. She slide her blades back into their covers and unslung her bow, notching an arrow in the same movement. Finding a new vantage point, higher up she studied the battlefield again. Holding back a sigh she lightly tabbed her fingers in the bow, thinking about options on what she could do. She glanced over at Lavender, studying the girl for a moment before returning her attention to the fighting. She eventually reached into her small bag she had on her back and retrieved a small vial. She unscrewed the top and dipped the tip of her arrow in the container. Once she was done with that she sealed the bottle, put it away, and renotched the arrow. Pulling the bowstring back, using her shoulder to increase the pull she let the arrow slip out of her fingers and take flight. The arrow was aimed for the shoulder of the Mage. She knew that if it made contact the poison would do its job. It was a fast acting formula and went through four phases. As the worked through the phases, each phases was worse than the one before it. She leaned against the closest tree and watched the arrow.
Alice
 player, 570 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 02:18
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice isn't aware of the third party immediately, as her eyes were busy focusing on the branches in front of her. She notices Choryn attempt to knock out the remaining thugs though, and decides to have a word with him about their strategy. They'd make for a bigger target, but it's not like she couldn't dodge or anything. She jumped from the branches, did a short roll, and sprinted in an intercept path with Choryn, slowing just enough so as not to collide with him. She alters her course to one parallel with his. "Don't be taking them all out at once now, we still need to find out where Custoh is." As soon as the words leave her lips, she breaks course again, splitting off into the trees on the other side.
GM
 GM, 262 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 19:15
Re: Zedian Forest
The mage was smart, albeit psycho. He turned and was able to block the scimitar with his staff before the assailant disappeared into the brush once again. Another arrow whistled right by him and struck the tip of his staff shattering the orb atop it, and causing a small burst of energy to knock him flat on his ass. The Archer however was having luck that was quite the opposite of his fellow criminal and had a flat end of a dagger bash him right in the face, knocking him out cold.

Meanwhile a very large figure had made his way behind Shadow, and a big meaty had suddenly lifted the girl off of the ground by her neck and slammed her into a tree, holding her at least a foot of the ground.

"Well, you and your friends causing trouble are you?"

To Shadow, the man was simply a frightening figure with a large scar on his face holding her up against a tree, but to Lavender up above, she recognized the face from the poster. It seems like Zebadiah had finally come back, and was not pleased with the state of his camp.
Shadow Flamel
 player, 7 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 04:56
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow held back a huff of irritation seeing the top of the mage's staff spark and give off a blast. She already had another arrow notched, done so without thinking thanks to hours of practice. She lifted the bow and drew the string, pulling the arrow with it. She aimed for the Mage again, having a better feeling about hitting her target since he was on the ground now. She had only just let the arrow fly when a sixth and unknown sense seemed to pick up on the presence behind her. She didn't have time to look behind her when she felt someone grab her by the neck. Shadow felt her feet leave the ground and even though any other person might start struggling she could tell that was useless. Just from the size of hand choking her air off she didn't have to see the person to know he pretty big and most likely scarred from fights and the likes. She had to hold back from flailing around since that would only wasted oxygen she might not get back. Adjusting the hold on her bow she swung it straight up and over her head then brought it down on the head of whoever was chocking her. She grunted in surprise when she made friends with a tree, her face and others parts of her body in pain from the harsh contact. Shadow held back a growl and searched under her cloak. In a quick flash she had her two knives from earlier out and in her hands. Her vision was already starting to fade from the lack of breath. She twisted, sending her knives into motion, at the moment aiming form the wrists and arms of the figure. She kicked one leg back, hoping for some sort of contact although her motions were greatly restricted by the tree in her face.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 27 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 22:48
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender's eyes grew wide as she recognized the face. The interloper looked to be completely incapacitated and occupying  Zebadiah's attention, especially when the interloper started slashing at the arms of him with knives. Her mind races as she tries to find a way to find a way to take care of Zebadiah, and knock him out.  She quickly checked what she had for stuff. She was still carrying the knockout draught that she had used on the two thugs, and there was her dagger... She'd never tried to administer the draught directly to the blood, but as far as her medical knowledge was concerned it wouldn't kill the man, though whether or not it would knock the man out.  She quickly removes the lid and pours a few drops down the groove of her dagger. The liquid quickly coats the tip of the blade she drops the empty bottle and darts in aiming the tip of her blade at Zebadiah's jugular.  "A small poke is all he'd feel... then ideally" nothing she thinks.  She darts in quickly but not so recklessly as to risk administering a fatal blow.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 632 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 22:54
Re: Zedian Forest
The mage had fast reflexes Choryn granted him that as his scimitar blow is blocked.  He was pleased to see the archer drop like a rock.  When suddenly an arrow from the unknown archer struck the orb on the mage's staff knocking the man to his feet.  Alice's words make sense to him.  The whistle of another arrow comes from the trees, he tacitly waits for the arrow to arrive assuming the target is still the mage.  His intention is to step in and to submit the mage at the tip of his scimitar, supposing the arrow doesn't actually kill the man.
Zebidiah Custoh
 NPC, 1 post
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 05:53
Re: Zedian Forest
The hulking assailant shrugged off the blows from the girl in his hand, the kicks bouncing off his thick armor.

"You're gonna have to try harder than that, I've snapped thicker necks than yours."

His grip tightened a bit as he spoke until a dagger flew through the air and nipped his neck as he barely had time to move. He looked up and saw Lavender flying around. Frustrated, he went to break the neck of Shadow until his head started to spin. The coated dagger seemed to work quick in blood. He threw Shadow aside into another tree and held his head.

"You blasted sprite! What have you done to me."

Zebidiah took a few steps back, trying to regain his composure as his body adapted to the new agent in his blood.

Meanwhile and arrow entered the shoulder of the mage on the ground, causing him to yelp in pain. Before he could rise to his feet the tip of a sword rested at his neck. He looked up to see Choryn standing above him, without any other option, he put his one good hand up as a sign of surrender.
Shadow Flamel
 player, 8 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 21:36
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow squinted, trying not to gasp for breath but by this point she was out of oxygen. She didn't even bother trying to pry open his grip once it started to tighten, knowing he was far stronger than her. She didn't know what happened exactly but she felt the impact of being thrown into a tree. She landed on the ground with a thud, choking with coughs as she tried to get her breath back and mutter a curse at the same time. She rubbed her neck and slid her gaze over at the man as she wasted no time getting to her feet. She scooped up the closest knife which she had dropped and edged away to try and get a better vantage point, having pretty much gotten her breath back by this point. She glanced over at the other girl to see what she was doing. Sliding one of her throwing knives out from its sheath she adjust her hood again and tried to come up with a few options of action although she didn't want to get in Lavender's way of things.
Zebidiah Custoh
 NPC, 2 posts
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 03:16
Re: Zedian Forest
Zebidiah let the Shadow retreat into the brush and looked up at Lavander as he began to adapt. He swung a meaty hand through the air trying to swat at or grab the dagger wielding fairy.

Meanwhile, the third thug finally arrived, holding an arrow aimed at Choryn while he subdued the mage no less. It seemed that no one noticed him, no one but Alice that is. As she sleeked through the shadows, she could see the man aiming his arrow to kill at the unsuspecting tracker, with all of the other action he was easily forgotten and noticed.
Alice
 player, 579 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 03:36
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice caught the glint of metal signifiying another attacker out of the corner of her eye. He seemed very focused. Focused enough to not pay attention to anything around him. It would be a simple matter to take him out, but that would be swift and overly efficient. These idiots weren't in the job's official description, if they were going to be annoying like this she was going to have some fun.

But first things first; she should probably keep Choryn alive. Sure, she'd probably get paid more if she didn't (and that was a very convincing argument) but things would turn sour very quickly if his stupid sprite decided to attach itself to the next-most-promising partnership opportunity.

She drew another knife, sending it flying to the archer in a well-practiced, fluid, expert motion, timed to arrive just before the archer would let fly his arrow. An untrained eye might see it streak towards the man's hand. Those who could see better might suggest she had aimed for the arrow. The true intent of Alice's shot, however, was to arrive in the mere fraction of a moment before the arrow flew, so that the string would send the arrow 's fletching into the knife, skewing the shot, while a hair later the knife would be impacted by the bowstring with enough force to possibly ruin the bow. Worst case scenario, the knife hits off target and only gets one of the desired effects, or was mistimed for similar results. Either way, if the shot went wrong, Choryn would probably be injured, but there would be time to worry about that later.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 28 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 13:01
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender nimble dodges stabbing the man in the back of the hand as he attempted to swat and grab simultaneously, it was unfortunate the dosage of the knockout draught hadn't been correct but it did seem to take effect quicker than normal.  She made a mental note to do some tests later.  Flying a spiral around Custoh's arm she is back at his throat again, dagger against his skin.  "Surrender, if you hit me and you'll drive this into your jugular and kill us both." She still prepares to dodge again, but digs the tip of the blade into his neck so Custoh knows she's serious.
GM
 GM, 283 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 02:32
Re: Zedian Forest
The blade flew gracefully through the air, whistling as it struck its target, nicking the man's hand, and cutting the hairs of his bowstring. The moment was wasted however as he yelled out in surprised pain and let the now poorly aimed arrow loose. The arrow launched from its bow and flew towards Choryn and the mage, striking the scimitar from between them and knocking it into the dirt. There was a short silence, and the mage lept up, throwing dirt into his opponents eyes, and tackled Choryn to the ground, getting off him quickly and making a move for the fallen blade.

Meanwhile Custoh stood still rubbing the slight prick on his hand as the fairy held a blade to his throat.

"So little fairy, ever killed a man before? Ever watch his blood seep from a wound you inflicted? Watch as his eyes lost their color?"

He began to laugh.

"I have. Many times in fact. Not even the first time I've had a blade at my throat. I've even felled a few of your kin, watched as their tiny bodies lost their glow..."
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 638 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 17:55
Re: Zedian Forest
This was getting complicated another archer had appeared much to Choryn's surprise though judging by the yell Alice had introduced herself to him.  The downside was the loss of the scimitar. Momentarily blinded by the dirt and tackled by the mage he managed to clear his eyes using the fabric of the mage's robe. Seeing the man reach for the dropped scimitar he reacts instinctively jumping on the man's back pulling him back to the ground rolling them away from the weapon, his dagger arm wraps around the man's neck and his freehand attempts to secure the back of the mage's head locking the man in the chokehold.  He seriously hopes Alice manages to keep the archers attention.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 29 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 18:03
Re: Zedian Forest
In reply to GM (msg # 57):

Lavender scoffed at Custoh pressing the blade a little deeper, "your blood is not the first to stain my blade, and won't be the last.  I've seen more than just blood seep from the wounds I have inflicted.  Ever seen a man's entrails fall out after your blade and smelled the foul stench of his bowels opening into his stomach? As to blades at your throat I doubt it will be your last though you could roll the dice and take your chances I advise against it." She speaks with a seriousness not befitting of someone of her personality, though the events she speaks of are more related to the operating table at this point she's just hoping someone else will step in and finish this whole affair.
Alice
 player, 589 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 20:54
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice follows the thrown knife by drawing another. This one, however, served a different purpose from the others. With a foot long, incredibly thin blade, and featuring an actual crossguard, this was very obviously not a throwing knife. She tears through the forest in a beeline for the archer, keeping low, back nearly parallel to the ground. Her arms remain back behind her, and as she nears the archer she alters her course just enough not to run into him. As she passes the archer, her left arm flicks out with the knife towards the man's leg, momentum carrying her far past the target to make retaliation nearly impossible.
Shadow Flamel
 player, 11 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 22:34
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow held back a huff, at the moment annoyed at the time it was taking to handle this guy. Adjusting her grip to the needed hold, She moved in from behind Custoh making sure to keep to his blind spot since everyone had them. She darted in and slashed the poisoned knife at a few of the chinks in the armor where armors typically didn't protect. She quickly obtained a cloth she had in easy access and moved in with that as well. The cloth contained a mixture of two things. One of the effects the cloth would have was knocking someone out cold, and keeping them knocked out for a certain amount of time based on the size of the person. The second ingredient was a form of the same poison she had been using lately except she had managed to turn it into a form where if you inhaled it, it would take affect. Wrapping an arm around his head and neck she pulled the cloth to his face to cover his nose and mouth. She made sure to tighten her grip to hold the fabric in the desired place.
Zebidiah Custoh
 NPC, 3 posts
Tue 12 Aug 2014
at 03:51
Re: Zedian Forest
The mage Threw his arms up grasping and grabbing at Choryn trying to loosen his grip, but slowly the man's sleeper hold put the fire-crazed wizard into a state of unconsciousness. Meanwhile Choryn could hear a yell of anguish from the archer.

The archer barely had time to look over at the fast form moving through the brush until a long blade went through a fleshy part of his right leg, going right through and cutting his other one. The man fell to the dirt and screamed at the sudden pain he was feeling.

Custoh snorted at Lavander's comment.

"Pah, big talk from a spritey sprite. You expect me ta believe-"

Before he could continue he felt a sharp slicing pain in one of his knees, a dagger, not the first time. He fell to one knee as the other blade hits stuck their mark. A cloth was suddenly around his mouth, this was new, but he knew what was going on. He stood on both feet, knocking Lavender from her perch and attempting to grab at Shadow who firmly gripped to his back. As the cloth got tighter he slammed into a tree a few times trying to force the rouge to let go, but each hit got weaker and the large man soon fell to his knees, and then on his face, his heavy armor making a loud thunk, as the concoction knocked him out cold.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 639 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Thu 14 Aug 2014
at 01:29
Re: Zedian Forest
Choryn pushes the unconscious mage off his body taking a length of rope he quickly and efficiently binds the man's arms and legs before retaking his scimitar he goes over to the first archer and binds him quickly as well.  He see's Alice handling the new archer to one side.  Looking around he doesn't see Lavender anywhere, he runs over to where he placed her supplies, seeing it had been disturbed but no other sign of Lavender calls out in a surprisingly loud voice "Lavender where are you?"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:47, Thu 14 Aug 2014.

Lavender Isthmus
 player, 30 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Thu 14 Aug 2014
at 01:46
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender falls from his shoulder her wings beat furiously as she righted herself.  At least the newcomer had proved her worth in helping taking out the brute that was Custoh,  she didn't see where Norick had gone off to.  Over by her gear she hears Choryn call out. She responds so he can find her, "Over here Custoh's here too, though he's not going to be too much trouble, he's not the only one though." She looks at the other newcomer, "Who are you, we have first dibs on the bounty by the way.  That was some pretty quick thinking with the Ether, and the knives. Oh by the way my partner Choryn is on his way.  He is currently single though Alice who is our other partner, though she might argue that, might be some competition though at this point I'm not sure what her intentions with him are...." she continued to ramble on for some time before trailing off.
Alice
 player, 596 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Thu 14 Aug 2014
at 03:00
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice skidded to a halt, then turned and listened as the sound of fighting died down. She wiped the long dagger on the grass before sheathing it. Then, walking back over to the wounded archer, she drew a smaller hand knife before repositioning him with her foot and sitting on his stomach, her legs between his arms and his torso. "Now then," she said somewhat deviously, "I'll make you a deal. I ask you questions, you answer them, and I don't stab you. You don't answer my questions, you become a pincushion. Sound fair? Great. How many of you are there? It'd be a shame to have to hurt more of your... absolutely incredibly steathy friends."
Shadow Flamel
 player, 13 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Thu 14 Aug 2014
at 04:50
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow put the cloth away and sheathed both her knives once she retrieved her fallen bow. She checked it over, only half listening to what Lavender was saying. She kept her bow in her hand and checked around the area for anything else that might be hers. Not finding any extra arrows she moved back over to Custoh and taking one of her ropes at which she kept with her since they served multiple purposes. She set to work trying him up, using a special technic that tied a person's hand behind their back while being practilly impossible to untie unless you knew the cuff and allowed easy access for the captor to adjust the cuffs without having to retire anything. After she finished that she got back on her feet and looked in Lavender's direction. "Wonderful news that him and his group is your little contract. I would like to just gather my stuff and be on my way again but now it's sounding like I have to meet this Choryn guy." She said, her voice coming from the hood of her cloak. She slipped her bow off her back and set up in a way so that she could lean on it to wait.
GM
 GM, 290 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Sun 24 Aug 2014
at 01:39
Re: Zedian Forest
The forest began to quiet down, and other than the crackling of some of the fires that were still dancing around, the action seemed to have stopped.

The man underneath Alice looked up with fear in his eyes, attempting to find words as this crazy eyed girl held a knife to his neck. Not only that but his leg was just run through as pain moved throughout his body.

"I- I don't- fuck! As far as I know this is everyone!"
Alice
 player, 600 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Sun 24 Aug 2014
at 02:08
Re: Zedian Forest
"Perfect. I'll probably have a few more questions once we throw you lot together. Stay here for now, the archers will probably shoot you if you try to run."

As she stood up, Alice gave the man a rough pat on the shoulder with her right hand, accompanying the words 'stay put'. She neatly sheathes the knife with her left hand, standing without pushing up with her hands. She (semi-intentionally) stepped on the man's other shoulder as she started over towards the others. After she was about halfway there, she paused, looking up at a gap in the clouds, gazing up into the moon.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 641 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Sun 24 Aug 2014
at 20:06
Re: Zedian Forest
Choryn secured Lavender's supply pouch back to his belt and quickly moves to the location.  Upon approaching he makes a mental note of Custoh tied up on the ground, he examines the man momentarily patting him down for hidden knives and weapons.  "Interesting work with your kit Lavender," he says softly looking up.  "What did you use to knock him...." his voice trails off as he looks up and notices the other person, and his voice completely stops as his face turns crimson when he realizes the additions gender. "Ummm hello... I'm ummm Choryn." he whispers to the woman his blush deepening.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 31 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Sun 24 Aug 2014
at 20:21
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender giggles at Choryn's arrival, and chatters almost happily seeming not to notice his awkwardness. "Well I was using an anesthetic to ensure the hired swords stayed asleep when I came across this one.  She was helping, and then we got ambushed by Custoh himself.  I admit it was a bit unethical to test administering the knockout draught directly to his blood, but I think the dose was initially too low.  She used something mixed with ether," Lavender says pointing the woman. "By the way what was the substance you used I need to ensure he stays stabilized he's worth much less to us dead." She darts around the prone figure checking vitals and where need applying the basic first aid necessary to prevent Custoh's present condition from worsening. "Choryn, when your brain functions again I could really use some help moving this massive lump of bounty here. By the way does anyone else need aid?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:37, Sun 24 Aug 2014.

Shadow Flamel
 player, 14 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Mon 25 Aug 2014
at 00:45
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow silently leaned on her bow, studying Lavender for a moment before a new character showed up. She slid her gaze over to Choryn and looked him up and down, taking in his height, the bow, and other noticeable aspects. She watched Lavender go over to Custoh and check him over while running her mouth the entire time. She barely heard Choryn say his name, having to strain to hear his muttering. Holding back a sigh she slipped her bow onto her back and ordered her thoughts before speaking them. "For the time being he's knocked out but it's only going to last for a few hours since he's a giant brute." She said studying Custoh. "As for being dead, you won't have to worry about that yet..... Give it about four days or so." She said, knowing that the poison she used eventually resulted in death. She had the remedy on her but they didn't need to know that..... yet. She patiently stood there, knowing questions were most likely going to be asked.
Alice
 player, 605 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Mon 25 Aug 2014
at 02:23
Re: Zedian Forest
Snapping back to reality, Alice forced her attention away from the moon. As she reached the others, she caught the tail end of the newcomer's comments. "Four days should be more than enough time to get them back, regardless. Who cares if they die after we turn them in? We'll have been paid by then." After a slight pause, she added, "Where'd you come from anyways?"
Shadow Flamel
 player, 15 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Wed 27 Aug 2014
at 01:17
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow slid her gaze over to another person who showed up. She frowned, although you couldn't see since her face was hidden in the shadow of her hood. She studied the group for a moment, listening to Alice speak. Hearing the question she look back over at Alice, remaining silent for a second. "Somewhere." she said, not in the mood to give away information since so far she had managed to keep information about herself to almost nothingness. Although her fighting and most likely poison would soon be questioned, she wasn't sure yet. Fighting back a sigh she recalled that she still needed to gather har arrows that she had fired off earlier in the fighting. Falling silent again she studied the queer group, noticing the quickly retreating sun in the background.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 32 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Sat 6 Sep 2014
at 22:21
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender continues stabilizing Custoh and the rest of the opponents. Typically more money is paid for live captures though this was the first time they'd be bringing in four possible bounties and one guaranteed bounty. Still the money'd have to be split four ways with the new girl, she kinda wondered how Choryn always seemed to wind up working with women even though he had such a difficult time speaking with them.  Though back to matters at hand.

"Right, we'll have been paid by then.  What happens when our client comes looking for us because he was denied his plans by some interloper and a poison I am sure. I'm not to worried about the knockout agent there are plenty of those even the most amateur assassin can get their hands on those, but delayed action poisons are often from a wealth benefactor or someone with skills more commonly associated with the Green Kingdom.  While I don't harbor feelings one way or another for the various kingdoms the question does arise what's a skilled assassin and poisoner at that doing this close to the heart of Zedia?  Sweetie, you'll have to tell me a bit more before I can let you be with Choryn.  Sorry Alice you'll have to try harder to get him it's like a love triangle or something from the theater. Everyone comes from somewhere, and no one comes from nowhere. At least give us a name, and what kind of poison you used.  Even if we get him back alive, I'd like at least the challenge of analyzing it and looking into any medical applications it may have other than eternal slumber if you will."  She paused noticing how late in the evening it was getting.  "I think I have enough anesthetic supplies to keep them all in at least a state of unconsciousness safely for the night, and then in a debilitated state for the amount of time necessary to get them to the delivery point under their own power. When they come to they'll be so thirsty they'll be willing to drink each others urine so we'll just add a little something to their drink, but we still should decide now," she says pausing again, and eyeing the assassin again. "Okay so seriously lets here at least a passable story and a name and I will leave it at that for the time. If you help us."
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 644 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Sat 6 Sep 2014
at 22:26
Re: Zedian Forest
While Lavender is speaking Choryn quietly slips off to the other downed enemies and secures them with some rope and drags them back to the group. He's not too concerned about the fate of the bounty though Lavender seems so.  "I can travel still" he says quietly before helping Lavender efficiently bind the wounds of the enemies.  He blushes at Shadow and Alice almost simultaneously.
Shadow Flamel
 player, 16 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Sun 7 Sep 2014
at 03:20
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow wordlessly listened to Lavender while studying Alice a bit more. Her gaze moving back over to Choryn when he started to move. She watched him for a second then returned her attention to Lavender. Frowning slightly at what Lavender wanted, she knew she had to comply. With a small shrug she took a moment to think. "Fine. If you insist. The name's Sage. As for a story there's isn't much to tell. Just taking up jobs where I can find them in the cities I come along to. No permanent home let alone kingdom at the time being. As for the poison i'm not about to give that information out..... yet. For the time being you should know that he's going to go through four phases, each progressively worse than the last. And unless I treat him then he'll surely die." she said, keeping an eye on all three of them as she spoke. "As for helping you, i'm sure you're not looking for another pair of hands. As for pay, since I'm sure your thought about that, I'm not looking for anything thing. This is obviously your contract to which I only happened upon and managed to get involved." She managed a tight grin that you couldn't even see. "Does that answer your questions for the time being?" she asked, unconsciously tapping the hilt of her knife.
Alice
 player, 614 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Tue 9 Sep 2014
at 23:51
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow Flamel:
"Just taking up jobs where I can find them in the cities I come along to. No permanent home let alone kingdom at the time being." ...... unconsciously tapping the hilt of her knife.


There were only a few phrases about the person's story that Alice payed attention to, and all of them reminded her of herself.... only this girl looked a bit older than she had been. Still, similarities aside, there was one thing that might determine the truth in Alice's suspiscions.

"That's a nice knife you've got there, where'd you get it?"
Shadow Flamel
 player, 18 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Wed 10 Sep 2014
at 00:18
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow returned her attention Alice when the girl spoke. She arched an eyebrow and glanced down at the two knives. "Which one are you asking about?" she asked, taking them both out and holding the saxe knife in her right with the throwing knife in her left. She figured the question was directed at her saxe knife since it wasn't a common weapon choice and had a slightly odd shape compared to most knives.
Alice
 player, 615 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Wed 10 Sep 2014
at 03:14
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice puffed her cheek slightly at the question. "I don't know, whichever one it was that you were just playing with."
Shadow Flamel
 player, 19 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Wed 10 Sep 2014
at 10:39
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow slid the throwing knife back into its scabbard and flipping the knife around so that she was holding the blade and offered it to Alice so she could see it. She carefully watched though, not about to let anything happen to her knife since she used it a lot.
Alice
 player, 617 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Sun 14 Sep 2014
at 21:52
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice took the blade delicately, noting the girl's apparent concern for the weapon. She fiddled with it slightly, feeling its weight, its balance, even twirling it slightly to feel how it moved through the air. After a short while though, she tossed it slightly, so as to offer it back pommel first. "Very nice, but that still doesn't answer my question. Where's it from?"
Shadow Flamel
 player, 20 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Sun 14 Sep 2014
at 22:07
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow retrieved her blade once Alice had checked it out. "From the harbor side by the Elder Sea. I took the design of the saxe knife itself only I made a few modifications to this blade. It has harder metal so it won't chip or be damaged with notches unless somehow my opponent manages to have a sort of metal harder than this." She shrugged, slipping it back into its sheath, "Unfortunately it was kinda costly but i'd prefer to have a dependable blade than a pouch of coins." she said.

( To: The Parchment and Skull )

This message was last edited by the player at 21:31, Wed 07 Jan 2015.