Zedian Forest.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 244 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 22:44
Re: Zedian Forest
The thug, plainly put, didn't really stand a chance no matter what he did. The rock knocked him off balance and before he could react he was being forced to the ground by some mass falling out of the tree. His head hit the ground knocking him out, and his body softened the fall or Alice, both of them hidden by the brush.

Back at the camp the archer watched the tree line carefully before shaking his head.

"Enough games, Eltz, find our intruders, I want this wrapped up before Zebadiah comes back."

"With pleasure..."

The mage slammed his staff to the ground and began shooting fire into the tree line. The fire wasn't really aimed to kill, more to burn away any cover in the the area.
Norick
 player, 66 posts
 Who needs tact when you
 can breathe fire?
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 22:53
Re: Zedian Forest
Norick wasn't in the best position to act, but she didn't hesitate. Perhaps it was better, anyway, because she got to flex her wings.

The others in her group would see a grey missile darting up above the trees, trying to get to the treeline as quickly as possible. All the thugs would see is the mage's flames suddenly being blocked by a dark grey figure wrapping itself in its own wings, and then slowly coming towards them.

Nobody could see the massive grin on her fave the entire time.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 622 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Mon 30 Jun 2014
at 20:03
Re: Zedian Forest
The fireballs were and inconvenience, though judging by the grey streak leaving the trees Norick was already moving to engage the source of them.  Taking a moment to place Lavender's bag behind the tree near the ambush site, nocked and arrow taking careful aim at the archer just visible through the trees.  He focused of the mans shoulder, aim small miss small he thought remembering his father's lessons. His goal was simple, even if the shot was a bit more difficult, shooting the archer in the shoulder would make it incredibly painful if not impossible to utilize his weapon of choice.  Taking a deep breath and exhaling he draws the bow, and allows his breathing to settle into its normal rhythm, at the transition point of exhaling to inhaling he releases the arrow, the only part of him that moves is his fingers releasing the bow string.  As the arrow leaps from the bow he remains still for a moment allowing it to clear the bow and avoiding interrupting the arrows flight.  Ducking back down he shifts moving further around to the side to avoid taking return fire from the mage or archer.  He doesn't waiting to see if the arrow impacts know if it misses it'd be more prudent to be in a different location.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 23 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Mon 30 Jun 2014
at 20:35
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender observes the rock come flying through the trees, and then the arrow rapidly departing back towards the camp. It's obvious that is Choryn's location as neither of the others in the group were carrying a bow, plus Alice was below her, and Norick was currently playing? with.  Taking off from her location in the tree Lavender darts towards the location staying high in the canopy to avoid the low flying fireballs, before quickly descending down the trunk.  Arriving at the location she notices Choryn has moved further around the side to avoid return fire.  Taking care to keep the tree between the still standing combatants and herself she, opens and quickly removes a vial from the bag slipping it into a sling she puts it on her back.  Closing her bag she darts as quickly as possible low across the ground towards the two bodies and Alice. Arriving at Alice she offers the vial to her saying, "This is a powerful sleep draught used for surgery. It will put them to sleep for several hours. Though I recommend keeping them restrained."  Removing the seal that has a glass rod on the end she touches the drop on the rod to the mans upper lip, watching it slide into his mouth.  Going over to the other man she removes his gag repeating the process.  She decided that once she was sure both were out she'd check them for any severe or life threatening injuries, unless anyone in the group needed assistance.
GM
 GM, 249 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Sat 5 Jul 2014
at 18:03
Re: Zedian Forest
As the figure walked through the flames seemingly shrugging them off, the mage got a surprised and angry look on his face. He ground his feet into the dirt and slammed his staff into the ground. He took a deep breath and the flames intensified both in heat and in shear force.

Meanwhile the archer barely had time to react as an arrow shot past him and nicked his shoulder, leaving a nasty little gash. He cursed under his breath and moved to get a better angle on whoever shot at him. He drew back his own bowstring and launched a few arrows in Choryn's direction, not hitting him, but all coming dangerously close.
Alice
 player, 554 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Sat 5 Jul 2014
at 18:40
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice scoffs at Lavender's comment. Either the sprite didn't have any real faith in her silly poison thingy or she was being excessively careful. "Tie them up yourself if you're so doubful of your stupid potion." She had to admit though, the method Lavender had used for getting around was safer than the ground. "Do try and keep them from catching on fire," she remarked as she started back up the tree, in order to avoid the growing fires.

From there she moved in in a quarter-circle around the camp, so that she'd be on the side. As far as she knew, the only person in the opponent's party who knew she existed was the one currently taking a nap at the base of a tree. With any luck, she'd be able to surprise them enough for Norick to take advantage of an opening. Stopping momentarily, she crouches on a branch and pulls two throwing knives in each hand before continuing. Starting to move again, she begins throwing the knives one after another, aiming for the archer's legs.
Shadow Flamel
 player, 2 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Tue 8 Jul 2014
at 02:34
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow walked along through the forest. She had her cloak on, like always, with the hood up and covering her face. She had her bow strung and loaded with an arrow tucked underneath her cloak, ready for a moment's notice if need be. Her eyes scanned the forest for signs of movement while her ears were attuned to the sounds of the forest. She had grown accustomed to the natural noises of the forest itself so anything out of place would sound like a bang in the silent night.

Shadow was keeping off of the main road herself, although she kept it in sight, since she never knew who could be traveling these parts and if she ran into anyone she would see them but they wouldn't see her. She had that thoughts for namely two reasons. One was that most travelers don't expect to see anyone traveling through the forest itself when there was a well worn road that could be taken. Secondly, if someone did happen to look in her direction she could easily and virtually instantly blend right into the forest without them noticing her. So far Shadow hadn't met anyone but she was sure that was about to change as she studied the rise of smoke from up ahead. The smoke proved there to be a fire, and a large one at that. The sign of fire this size either ment a forest fire, or fighting, both of which were likely. Holding back a sigh since she didn't know what it was she would soon see, she headed on ahead towards the clouds of smoke and soon heard the crackling of fire and a few whistlings of arrows.

Frowning she ghosted from one patch of shadows to another, moving with silent and unseen movement until she found a vantage point from which to take a look at things.

She instantly noted the mage launching the balls of fire since he was hard to miss. Shadow scanned the area, spotting the archer who was firing in the direction of Choryn. She noticed a few of the others in the group and quickly distinguished the two groups. Holding back a sigh she figured she might as well quickly end the fighting by making it unable for everyone to fight. She slid her loaded bow out from under her cloak and pulled the string back with the arrow on it, adjusting it to how she needed it angled and positioned before letting the arrow fly at the mage. The arrow was intended for the mage's staff since that was what he was using to sling his fireballs about. She smoothly sent a second arrow flying without a second thought, this one aimed to hopefully pin the mage against the near tree to put him out of the picture. She notched a third arrow and waited a few seconds to see if her arrows would hit home or not.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:00, Tue 08 July 2014.

GM
 GM, 256 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 20:04
Re: Zedian Forest
The Mage's brow furrowed as the figure in the flames continued its advance towards him. So it was time to cheat. He suddenly pulled back stopping the flames pulling his staff up, luckily avoiding an arrow that seemed to come out of no where. He saw his opponent at last, a dragon kin. Not waiting, he lunged his arms and staff forward causing a torrent of flames to sweep underneath Norick and sent her off into the air. A smoke trail could be seen as she landed somewhere deeper in the forest, probably not dead, but definitely unconscious. As he lunged forward, the second arrow shot by the new assailant flew right past him again, and into the shoulder of the archer next to him.

"Damn it all!"

The archer gritted his teeth as he pulled the arrow out, he could move it, but not without pain.

"How many of them are there?"

Of course as soon as he opened his mouth a few knives entered one of his legs causing him to grunt in anger and pain as he fell to one knee. The mage began to redirect his attention and launched a ball of fire in the general direction of the forest where the new arrows came from.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:06, Fri 11 July 2014.

Shadow Flamel
 player, 4 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Fri 11 Jul 2014
at 22:28
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow wrinkled her nose in slight disgust and irritation of her misses. She watched the ball of fire that them age sent flying and even though it was in her direction it was a total miss. The fire landed a few meters away but she still felt the heat if the dancing flames and the smoke obscured her vision for some seconds. Using that little bit of time she retrieved three arrows. Each arrow had a wad of cloth on the staff of the arrow which was soaked with a flammable oil. She set them at the edge of the fire so they would light and sent her current, standard arrow to the air. This one was again aimed for the Mage, she had aimed for the shoulder area so that if it hit it would wound, not kill. If he moved at the last second she was hoping it would hit his upper arm. Notching on one of the arrows with a flame at its tip she picked out her targets. In a rapid, yet smooth succession if practiced movements she had all three flaming arrows on their way. She didn't wait to see if they would work or not since she was already up and swiftly moving to a new spot. If her arrows of fire worked she was hoping the small patches of dead grass would catch aflame since that was were she had aimed. The fire would cause a distraction and maybe give some of the fighters a bit of a burn. She took care to not cause a forest fire, having noticed that the patches of dead grass were pretty much surrounded by dirt and rocks. She crouched down behind some rocks and scanned the area below for any signs of success or failure from her arrows so she could react accordingly.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 630 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 21:46
Re: Zedian Forest
With the new combatant entering the fight using arrows Choryn quickly decides to switch to his scimitar and dagger, which were the weapons with which he is most skilled.  He quickly slides the bow into it's sheath over his shoulder and draws his scimitar and dagger in a practiced move. He takes two short steps before accelerating into a charge towards his enemy.  To anyone that knew his fighting style the way he held his blades may have looked a bit odd, but this was intentional.  He had every intention of using the flats of the blades to knock the opponents out.  The archer was injured and the mage seemed distracted by the new archer. Exiting the tree line he steps and pivots expertly, his body rotating fluidly and in a gracefully controlled manner aiming the flat of his dagger low and at the side of the archers face, his scimitar rotates along a similar arc but on the plane that the mages head resides. He knows even if he misses one or both his momentum will carry him past the two allowing both Alice and the unseen ally another round of clear shots, as well as possibly splitting the attention of the two which will allow his allies to almost effortlessly wrap up the altercation.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 25 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 21:55
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender sighs and sets to work tying up the two.  It takes a bit longer than expected, and she rolls her eyes at Alice.  For as skilled as the woman seems to be she's surprised that Alice wasn't for multiple layers of assurance.  finishing up she realizes there isn't much she can do to stop the two from being burned or hit by the mages fire.  She looks about to check the status of the team, and sees Norick go flying off into the trees.  She sighs making a mental note of the location when new arrows come streaking out of the trees towards the archer and mage, and then Choryn racing towards the two enemies. She takes a deep breath thinking, "That man and the risks he takes I swear.".  Not sure what to make of it she darts towards the source of the flaming arrows using the smoke trails to trace them back to their origin.  Seeing a figure darting to a new location she draws her small dagger and follows it around the rocks calling out pointing the dagger at the person, "Who are you, and what's your purpose here?"
Shadow Flamel
 player, 5 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 05:17
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow already had another arrow notched onto the bow string. She knew those flaming arrows could show her location to anyone willing to pay attention. She slipped away from the rocks and had just reached one of the nearest trees. She slowed to a stop, spotting Lavender a few seconds before hearing what the girl had to say. She slid her arrow off the bow and returned both the bow and the arrow to their proper positions. Her arms and hands disappeared under her cloak and her face stayed hidden in the shadows of her hood. She studied Lavender in front of her, silent for a little while. "Who am I? Nobody important. As for why I'm here it's kinda hard to miss all the smoke. Had to come see if it was a forest fire or something. Obviously it's nothing more than a little fight." She said simply, not a hint of emotion in her words at the moment. While talking she had unsheathed two knifes. On was a smaller, standard throwing knife and the other was a large blade, looking to be between a knife and a dagger. The two weapons were in case the girl decide to use that dagger of hers. The blades were both hidden under the green, grey, and brown moated cloak that she wore. Without another word she started off again, slipping through the trees and sticking to the shadows; seeming to disappear for a few seconds before reappearing a few feet ahead thanks to her cloak.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 26 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Tue 15 Jul 2014
at 05:26
Re: Zedian Forest
"Obviously" Lavender quipped back, the voice sounded female though she couldn't make out a face "though it's a private matter... by the way are you single..." she didn't even get to extol the virtue of Choryn before the woman took off and Lavender groaned audibly. Another bounty hunter here for the prize, blast that mage and his fire fetish. The woman slips off but Lavender quickly takes the high road zipping through the trees keeping her in sight, there was no point in losing track of the intruder, and she wasn't quite sure the interloper didn't mean any harm to Choryn... or Alice since technically was a business partner for this venture. She had to admit the cloak was good, but it didn't matter the best camouflage was always compromised by movement.  She tucked her knife away and follow high and from what she considered as safe enough distance not to lose sight of the newcomer.
Shadow Flamel
 player, 6 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 01:52
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow slid her gaze to the girl following her. She slide her blades back into their covers and unslung her bow, notching an arrow in the same movement. Finding a new vantage point, higher up she studied the battlefield again. Holding back a sigh she lightly tabbed her fingers in the bow, thinking about options on what she could do. She glanced over at Lavender, studying the girl for a moment before returning her attention to the fighting. She eventually reached into her small bag she had on her back and retrieved a small vial. She unscrewed the top and dipped the tip of her arrow in the container. Once she was done with that she sealed the bottle, put it away, and renotched the arrow. Pulling the bowstring back, using her shoulder to increase the pull she let the arrow slip out of her fingers and take flight. The arrow was aimed for the shoulder of the Mage. She knew that if it made contact the poison would do its job. It was a fast acting formula and went through four phases. As the worked through the phases, each phases was worse than the one before it. She leaned against the closest tree and watched the arrow.
Alice
 player, 570 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Wed 16 Jul 2014
at 02:18
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice isn't aware of the third party immediately, as her eyes were busy focusing on the branches in front of her. She notices Choryn attempt to knock out the remaining thugs though, and decides to have a word with him about their strategy. They'd make for a bigger target, but it's not like she couldn't dodge or anything. She jumped from the branches, did a short roll, and sprinted in an intercept path with Choryn, slowing just enough so as not to collide with him. She alters her course to one parallel with his. "Don't be taking them all out at once now, we still need to find out where Custoh is." As soon as the words leave her lips, she breaks course again, splitting off into the trees on the other side.
GM
 GM, 262 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 19:15
Re: Zedian Forest
The mage was smart, albeit psycho. He turned and was able to block the scimitar with his staff before the assailant disappeared into the brush once again. Another arrow whistled right by him and struck the tip of his staff shattering the orb atop it, and causing a small burst of energy to knock him flat on his ass. The Archer however was having luck that was quite the opposite of his fellow criminal and had a flat end of a dagger bash him right in the face, knocking him out cold.

Meanwhile a very large figure had made his way behind Shadow, and a big meaty had suddenly lifted the girl off of the ground by her neck and slammed her into a tree, holding her at least a foot of the ground.

"Well, you and your friends causing trouble are you?"

To Shadow, the man was simply a frightening figure with a large scar on his face holding her up against a tree, but to Lavender up above, she recognized the face from the poster. It seems like Zebadiah had finally come back, and was not pleased with the state of his camp.
Shadow Flamel
 player, 7 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 04:56
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow held back a huff of irritation seeing the top of the mage's staff spark and give off a blast. She already had another arrow notched, done so without thinking thanks to hours of practice. She lifted the bow and drew the string, pulling the arrow with it. She aimed for the Mage again, having a better feeling about hitting her target since he was on the ground now. She had only just let the arrow fly when a sixth and unknown sense seemed to pick up on the presence behind her. She didn't have time to look behind her when she felt someone grab her by the neck. Shadow felt her feet leave the ground and even though any other person might start struggling she could tell that was useless. Just from the size of hand choking her air off she didn't have to see the person to know he pretty big and most likely scarred from fights and the likes. She had to hold back from flailing around since that would only wasted oxygen she might not get back. Adjusting the hold on her bow she swung it straight up and over her head then brought it down on the head of whoever was chocking her. She grunted in surprise when she made friends with a tree, her face and others parts of her body in pain from the harsh contact. Shadow held back a growl and searched under her cloak. In a quick flash she had her two knives from earlier out and in her hands. Her vision was already starting to fade from the lack of breath. She twisted, sending her knives into motion, at the moment aiming form the wrists and arms of the figure. She kicked one leg back, hoping for some sort of contact although her motions were greatly restricted by the tree in her face.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 27 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 22:48
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender's eyes grew wide as she recognized the face. The interloper looked to be completely incapacitated and occupying  Zebadiah's attention, especially when the interloper started slashing at the arms of him with knives. Her mind races as she tries to find a way to find a way to take care of Zebadiah, and knock him out.  She quickly checked what she had for stuff. She was still carrying the knockout draught that she had used on the two thugs, and there was her dagger... She'd never tried to administer the draught directly to the blood, but as far as her medical knowledge was concerned it wouldn't kill the man, though whether or not it would knock the man out.  She quickly removes the lid and pours a few drops down the groove of her dagger. The liquid quickly coats the tip of the blade she drops the empty bottle and darts in aiming the tip of her blade at Zebadiah's jugular.  "A small poke is all he'd feel... then ideally" nothing she thinks.  She darts in quickly but not so recklessly as to risk administering a fatal blow.
Choryn Ghaoughran
 player, 632 posts
 Scout/Ranger/Tracker
 Merc, Contractor
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 22:54
Re: Zedian Forest
The mage had fast reflexes Choryn granted him that as his scimitar blow is blocked.  He was pleased to see the archer drop like a rock.  When suddenly an arrow from the unknown archer struck the orb on the mage's staff knocking the man to his feet.  Alice's words make sense to him.  The whistle of another arrow comes from the trees, he tacitly waits for the arrow to arrive assuming the target is still the mage.  His intention is to step in and to submit the mage at the tip of his scimitar, supposing the arrow doesn't actually kill the man.
Zebidiah Custoh
 NPC, 1 post
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 05:53
Re: Zedian Forest
The hulking assailant shrugged off the blows from the girl in his hand, the kicks bouncing off his thick armor.

"You're gonna have to try harder than that, I've snapped thicker necks than yours."

His grip tightened a bit as he spoke until a dagger flew through the air and nipped his neck as he barely had time to move. He looked up and saw Lavender flying around. Frustrated, he went to break the neck of Shadow until his head started to spin. The coated dagger seemed to work quick in blood. He threw Shadow aside into another tree and held his head.

"You blasted sprite! What have you done to me."

Zebidiah took a few steps back, trying to regain his composure as his body adapted to the new agent in his blood.

Meanwhile and arrow entered the shoulder of the mage on the ground, causing him to yelp in pain. Before he could rise to his feet the tip of a sword rested at his neck. He looked up to see Choryn standing above him, without any other option, he put his one good hand up as a sign of surrender.
Shadow Flamel
 player, 8 posts
 If i'm still breathing,
 i'm still fighting.
Sat 26 Jul 2014
at 21:36
Re: Zedian Forest
Shadow squinted, trying not to gasp for breath but by this point she was out of oxygen. She didn't even bother trying to pry open his grip once it started to tighten, knowing he was far stronger than her. She didn't know what happened exactly but she felt the impact of being thrown into a tree. She landed on the ground with a thud, choking with coughs as she tried to get her breath back and mutter a curse at the same time. She rubbed her neck and slid her gaze over at the man as she wasted no time getting to her feet. She scooped up the closest knife which she had dropped and edged away to try and get a better vantage point, having pretty much gotten her breath back by this point. She glanced over at the other girl to see what she was doing. Sliding one of her throwing knives out from its sheath she adjust her hood again and tried to come up with a few options of action although she didn't want to get in Lavender's way of things.
Zebidiah Custoh
 NPC, 2 posts
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 03:16
Re: Zedian Forest
Zebidiah let the Shadow retreat into the brush and looked up at Lavander as he began to adapt. He swung a meaty hand through the air trying to swat at or grab the dagger wielding fairy.

Meanwhile, the third thug finally arrived, holding an arrow aimed at Choryn while he subdued the mage no less. It seemed that no one noticed him, no one but Alice that is. As she sleeked through the shadows, she could see the man aiming his arrow to kill at the unsuspecting tracker, with all of the other action he was easily forgotten and noticed.
Alice
 player, 579 posts
 An orange a day
 keeps the assassins away
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 03:36
Re: Zedian Forest
Alice caught the glint of metal signifiying another attacker out of the corner of her eye. He seemed very focused. Focused enough to not pay attention to anything around him. It would be a simple matter to take him out, but that would be swift and overly efficient. These idiots weren't in the job's official description, if they were going to be annoying like this she was going to have some fun.

But first things first; she should probably keep Choryn alive. Sure, she'd probably get paid more if she didn't (and that was a very convincing argument) but things would turn sour very quickly if his stupid sprite decided to attach itself to the next-most-promising partnership opportunity.

She drew another knife, sending it flying to the archer in a well-practiced, fluid, expert motion, timed to arrive just before the archer would let fly his arrow. An untrained eye might see it streak towards the man's hand. Those who could see better might suggest she had aimed for the arrow. The true intent of Alice's shot, however, was to arrive in the mere fraction of a moment before the arrow flew, so that the string would send the arrow 's fletching into the knife, skewing the shot, while a hair later the knife would be impacted by the bowstring with enough force to possibly ruin the bow. Worst case scenario, the knife hits off target and only gets one of the desired effects, or was mistimed for similar results. Either way, if the shot went wrong, Choryn would probably be injured, but there would be time to worry about that later.
Lavender Isthmus
 player, 28 posts
 Apothacary, Healer
 Companion to Choryn
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 13:01
Re: Zedian Forest
Lavender nimble dodges stabbing the man in the back of the hand as he attempted to swat and grab simultaneously, it was unfortunate the dosage of the knockout draught hadn't been correct but it did seem to take effect quicker than normal.  She made a mental note to do some tests later.  Flying a spiral around Custoh's arm she is back at his throat again, dagger against his skin.  "Surrender, if you hit me and you'll drive this into your jugular and kill us both." She still prepares to dodge again, but digs the tip of the blade into his neck so Custoh knows she's serious.
GM
 GM, 283 posts
 My word is law.
 But I'm a cool guy :3
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 02:32
Re: Zedian Forest
The blade flew gracefully through the air, whistling as it struck its target, nicking the man's hand, and cutting the hairs of his bowstring. The moment was wasted however as he yelled out in surprised pain and let the now poorly aimed arrow loose. The arrow launched from its bow and flew towards Choryn and the mage, striking the scimitar from between them and knocking it into the dirt. There was a short silence, and the mage lept up, throwing dirt into his opponents eyes, and tackled Choryn to the ground, getting off him quickly and making a move for the fallen blade.

Meanwhile Custoh stood still rubbing the slight prick on his hand as the fairy held a blade to his throat.

"So little fairy, ever killed a man before? Ever watch his blood seep from a wound you inflicted? Watch as his eyes lost their color?"

He began to laugh.

"I have. Many times in fact. Not even the first time I've had a blade at my throat. I've even felled a few of your kin, watched as their tiny bodies lost their glow..."