Chapter 2: Keepers of Olvar.   Posted by Azurak the Blue.Group: 0
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 32 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Sun 25 May 2014
at 01:08
Keepers of Olvar
Keepers of Olvar (plants)

Borun Redbeard (Dwarf; monk/empyreal Sorcerer)
Gwynhwyfar the Fair (Human; druid/sorceress)
Haldir (Elf; ranger/magus)
Lady Isile (Moriquende; sorceress/oracle)
Wren (Half-Elf; monk/rogue)


Those who found a sprig of myrtle on their person likewise moved to a single table where it was less crowded to discuss the journey south through the Mirkwood to assist the Ents. No one, not even Radagast, knew what the problem was. He'd sensed only that they were in distress.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:21, Sun 25 May 2014.

Wren
 player, 54 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Sun 25 May 2014
at 06:53
Re: Keepers of Olvar
Wren was first to the table, and helped herself to a seat, nudging one out next to her with her foot in the process. She glanced up to the others who approached the table, and smoothly took the sprig of myrtle from behnd her ear, placing it on the table itself.

"So... I guess I'll get right down to it. What, exactly, is an Ent...?" The half-elven, south-born beauty frowned a little. She'd heard wisps of tales of the creatures by name, but never a clear and concise description. "I've heard they're 'tree-herders', but that term doesn't make much sense to an hear from human lands. I'd guess some sort of woodland caretaker?"
Haldir
 player, 14 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sun 25 May 2014
at 11:47
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

         As time passes by, the growling of Sting's stomach becomes quite obvious to
those gathered about.  The Pseudodragon grimmaces as Haldir makes his way over to
the table that he had been assigned to.  From atop Haldir's shoulder Sting drools
while staring longingly at the rodents and fowl that fly freely within the Inn.
His eyes continually follow their movements with unfailingly intense interest.

         The Ranger stands before those gathered at the table, forces a smile, then
places the flat of his right hand over his heart, and bows as he speaks . . .

        "Greetings!

         Haldir tis the moniker wot mine birth mother dubbed me."


         Upon hearing the lasses query, Haldir replies . . .

         "Onodrim, one O' the most ancient races O' all, art Wardens O' the Wood,
protectors O' the trees, and tree herders.  They art the most powerful O' creatures
that I'm aware O', and the strength O' Trolls pale in comparison.  They art
trees wot had been awoken, and cured O' dumbness by Elves long ago in the Eldar
Days.

          They art most impressive and formidable creatures indeed!"


         After having spoken and made himself comfortable at the table, the Elf
sought to alleviate his companions hunger, and gestures for a serving wench to
come to their table.   

This message was last edited by the player at 11:59, Sun 25 May 2014.

Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 player, 42 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Sun 25 May 2014
at 13:22
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"Well," Gwyn began in response to the question.  "An ent is a giant that resembles a tree in almost every way, and they care for the trees in a forest.  "That's the short answer, the blonde smiled.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 18:39, Sun 25 May 2014.

Lady Isile
 player, 53 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorcerer/Oracle
Sun 25 May 2014
at 15:43
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
As her familiar picked the table and she gracefully walked over, as she stepped each movement was a work of art.  Her hips were in sync with each step.

Seeing that there was two more people at the table that produced the sprig of myrtle appeared on their belongings.  But that wasn't what kept her eyes steady, it was the Pseudodragon that was eying her sweet familiar.

[Draconic]
"She would only upset your stomach in the end
[/Draconic]. she said to the Pseudodragon.

The clothing that Lady IsilŽ wore was pristine clean of dust and dirt.  Sparkling as if a shiny jewel was freshly polished.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Haldir and Gwynhwyfar.  I am Lady IsilŽ and that is Danann indicating the black hummingbird that just darted from the table and upon her shoulder.

Then she looked over to Wren "As they said.
Haldir
 player, 17 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sun 25 May 2014
at 19:32
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

       At the sight of the hummingbird, the Pseudodragon immediately flicks its
tongue so as to remove the drool from its scaly lips, and silently nods in
agreement as to what the new arrival to their table had spoken.  A bit upset and
agitated over the inconvenience over having not been promptly fed, an ill wind
escapes from betwixt its sit upon . . .

       The Elven Ranger, whose shirt and breeches were apparently quite worn and
dirty, grimaces at the ill begotten putrid gasses of his close friend.  Haldir
forces another smile, and not wishing to offend any of those present, decides to
speak . . .

       "Apologies miladies!  Sting and my miserable self hath been traveling quite
the while, and mine friend here hath naught eaten a lick since the call twas herald-
ed."

       The wayward Elf looks to each of his new companions, each in the own turn,
in order to contrive a first impression of them before continuing . . .

       "Alas, methinks it a matter o' import to let ye all know that pon mine way
here that we spotted the tracks and spoor O' nigh half a score O' Orcs wot lay
across the Old Forest Road.  Howev'r they twere made several days past.  Mayhaps we
should investigate pon art way southwards afore we ev'r lend assistance to the
Ents.  Wot doth ye thinks miladies most fair?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:37, Sun 25 May 2014.

Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 player, 43 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Sun 25 May 2014
at 19:39
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"Perhaps Sting would like to be out of doors to find a hare or a squirrel upon which to dine?   My mount is out hunting stag or boar as we speak.  He's much happier fed," Gwyn smiled simply.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:20, Sun 25 May 2014.

Lady Isile
 player, 54 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Sun 25 May 2014
at 20:35
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Sting she thought when hearing the name of the Pseudodragon.  It wasn't elven and more of a human name which only made her wonder where did Haldir reside.

"Let us order something eatable for Sting and the rest of the party.  We can discuss more about what you saw and if we have time to investigate it before heading in the direction we are being sent. she softly said.

Their travels will be long if only she knew how far South they was to travel. There was no indication of where they were being sent.  Unless someone knew more she waited till she was able to get Radagast attention and lure him over to the table.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:19, Sun 25 May 2014.

Haldir
 player, 18 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sun 25 May 2014
at 20:46
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
OCC:  Sorry!  I made an error.  I posted the Pseudodragons name as Spike,
when it should have been Sting.  I have made the correction.


      At the approach of the serving wench, Haldir tells her what his friend
desires to order . . .

      "Sting wishes to hath roasted pigeon, and doth na forget to saute them in
butter sauce too if ye please, and that shalt be all!"


      Turning his attention back to business, Hakir asks once again, Wot
doth ye think about going after the Orcs O' wot I spoke?"

This message was last edited by the player at 23:29, Sun 25 May 2014.

Lady Isile
 player, 55 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Sun 25 May 2014
at 21:09
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
OOC: what is the name cause in your previous post you are calling it Spike again
Haldir
 player, 19 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sun 25 May 2014
at 21:40
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Lady Isile:
OOC: what is the name cause in your previous post you are calling it Spike again

OCC:  The proverbial brain fart.  If you check out the Inn thread, you'll
notice that Haldir did refer to his companion as Sting!  The side effect of certain
meds do cause me to be a tad bit confused at times.  So I guess that Haldir has
inherited my problem as well!  Sorry for any confusion.  My insomnia doesn't help
my cause either.
 

This message was last edited by the player at 23:25, Sun 25 May 2014.

Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 player, 44 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Sun 25 May 2014
at 22:25
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"Sting has discerning tastes," Gwyn commented before looking at the maid.  "Stew, bread, butter and cider, if you please," she requested, knowing simpler fare would be easily retrieved and not vex the cook.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 36 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Sun 25 May 2014
at 23:41
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
It doesn't take long for the serving wench to bring the requested food.


Once all the Keepers have moved to their individual tables, Radagast somehow manages to flit from one to the other.


"An Ent... yes, creatures of the forest," Radagast also replies to Wren's question. "'Trees That Walk' have they been named by Men, for that is what they do. They've also been called 'Trees That Sleep' for they do a lot of that. However, do not assume that because they slumber they do not know what is happening around them. It takes special circumstances to wake them, though, but Danann should be able to get their attention."
Borun Redbeard
 player, 26 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Sun 25 May 2014
at 23:51
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun joined the myrtle-bearing group. [common]"Well met, companions," he said amiably. "I am Borun Redbeard of the Diamond Heart Academy. I am given to believe that there is a serious threat to these "ents" as you call them."

Borun glanced around. "It would be best if assume the worst - that evil forces are oppressing the ents. If that is the case, we may need to fight. Perhaps we should discuss the nature of our combat prowess and other skills, so that we might be able to aid each other more efficiently?"

Borun waited for assent, then continued. "I myself am most effective with my fists. I am trained to deliver killing blows. I can travel quickly and quietly. When in a group, I am typically the scout. I can also cast a number of magical spells when my fists are not sufficient."
Lady Isile
 player, 56 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Mon 26 May 2014
at 04:31
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Her mouth jarred a bit when Radagast said that Danann.  For she didn't believe her familiar was capable of waking any sleeping Ent.

"Radagast do you know how far South we are to travel to aid the Ents.  I don't recall you saying where

Then she looked to the new member that joined the table. Eyes moving up and down on the Dwarf.  She did have the pleasure of meeting a few but she did meet a few that she had to strike down as well.

"I am Lady IsilŽ and I am best suited as a Healer and capable of casting Arcane spells.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 39 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Mon 26 May 2014
at 06:22
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"I have not said how far nor where," Radagast responds to Lady Isile, "because I do not know. The call... the cry... has gone out through the woods. The Ents in the south are in distress. A leaf cannot tell me more than that, a petal cannot tell me direction."
Lady Isile
 player, 57 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Mon 26 May 2014
at 12:30
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Nodding her head "Then I shall commune with the Nature and to find out more before we head out.

Then she looked to Haldir "How far South did you witness these Orcs?
Haldir
 player, 21 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Mon 26 May 2014
at 14:31
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

        It doesn't take long for Haldir to respond to Borun's query . . .

        I'm loath to boast pon seech things as mine prowess.  Howev'r whence
considering that it relates to art ability to function successfully together
in the field, I shant hesitate Master Dwarf!"


        The Elven Ranger pauses a moment to gather his thoughts upon this matter,
looks upon the ground shamefacedly as he finally proceeds to give account of his
personal assets . . .

        "I'm a creature O' the forest, as art all Elves.  I possess seech abilities
as stealthiness, tracking, commanding perceptiveness, as well as the where with all
to combine mine spell casting abilities in order to enhance mine fighting capa-
bilities some wot as an avowed Magus Spell Dancer.  With tither longbow or rapier
I'm more than proficient, at least thats wot some o' mine peers say about me.

        If ye sticks close to me whilst fighting seech sworn adversaries as the
giant spiders, wargs, r'e trolls . . . some O' mine abilities wilst more than likely
rub off pon ye too, and ye wilst be all the better for it!  I'm acquainted with
the healing arts.  Admittedly I'm quite proficient in administering the proper heal-
ing plants and herbs in mine treatments O' those whom art injured r'e failing in
some way.  I also hath an uncanny knack O' locating wotever plants art required
to aid me in mine endeavors as a healer o' sorts.  Additionally, if ye should ev'r
fall pon the ground bleeding out and unconscious, I hath the blessed healers touch,
and am able to stabalize seech poor unfortunates with the merest touch O' mine hand.

        Ye also might say that I'm a friend O' all flora, druther sentient r'e
naught too.

        Hath I said enough about wot ye wishes to know O' me abilities, or doth
I need to say more ser?"


        Haldir looks expectantly at the Dwarf as he awaits his reply . . .

This message was last edited by the player at 14:34, Mon 26 May 2014.

Lady Isile
 player, 59 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Mon 26 May 2014
at 15:34
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Her eyes only looked upon Haldir for it seemed that his first statement was a facade. For he seemed to enjoy boasting about his abilities by the lengthy speech he just gave.
Borun Redbeard
 player, 27 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Mon 26 May 2014
at 16:05
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
A smile twitched at the corner of Borun's mouth as he listened to Haldir's quaint accent. Nevertheless, his list of talents was impressive.

"I am certainly glad to have you with us, Haldir."
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 player, 47 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Mon 26 May 2014
at 21:45
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"I would suggest we remain the night here and take whatever provisions we can and move off in the morning," Gwyn said to the company and to Radagast, comparing skills and knowledge seemed pretentious to her.  She believed none of the company would be here if Radagast had not found them capable to fulfill the quest he had asked them to undertake.


OOC is there a map? :D
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 43 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Mon 26 May 2014
at 23:39
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
There's one under the Game Map now.
Haldir
 player, 22 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Tue 27 May 2014
at 00:20
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

       Haldir, looking to his table companions, gestures emphatically with both out-
stretched hands while he speaks in an excited tone of voice . . .

       "Wot about the nigh half a score O' vile Orcs whose trail crossed the Old
Forest Road.  Doth we let them trek across art sacred wood with impunity.  Besides
they mayst be the very ones that art threatening the Ents!" 

This message was last edited by the player at 12:03, Tue 27 May 2014.

Borun Redbeard
 player, 28 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Tue 27 May 2014
at 10:24
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun frowned at Gwynhwyfar's refusal to discuss her skills. How are we to co-operate if she doesn't trust us? he thought. On the other hand, Master Radagast trusts her.

Perhaps she has her reasons for keeping secrets. After pondering the matter, Borun decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Haldir
 player, 23 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Tue 27 May 2014
at 12:00
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
       Gwynhwyfar's disappointing words grated upon Haldir's ears with great dis-
comfort, and he soon found that he couldn't control his tongue when it came to his
friends of the Wood, and proceeds to address the lass . . .

       "Lass if'n it twere yer folk wot be suffering at the hands O' the minions
O' the Shadow, wouldst thee naught be all the more so inclined to begin art venture
at the now druther than on the morrow!  With a bit O' clear thinking and making
wise use O' the Wood about us, I'm sure that wot we art in need O' shall be easily
provided.

       It wouldst be an utter shame if art dilly dallying allowed just a single
unfortunate Ent to fall for the sake O' art unconscionable comforts!  Methinks it
best to venture forth as soon as we get all the information wot tis needed!
Know this, that in order to get to those Ents whom art in need O' us, it will be
quite likely that there will naught be any trails to where we must go, so mounts
will mores the likely be O' no use to us in the deep wood!  If thee hath ev'r made
the attempt to ride in the deep wood, ye wouldst know that performing seech a task
wouldst be quite risky for both rider and mount!   It'd be best to go afoot, and
consequently the supplies that we must carry should be kept to a minimum so as to
naught slow us down any the more than necessary."

       The Elf raises a curious brow as he turns his attention to the Dwarf and
asks, "Wot says thee Dwarf Borun Redbeard O' the Diamond Heart Academy
pon this matter O' whence we should leave, and about art mode O' travel?" 

This message was last edited by the player at 12:18, Tue 27 May 2014.

Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 player, 49 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Tue 27 May 2014
at 12:23
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"Oh Bane is quite adept at anything but water, he hates swimming, being a lion," she smiled.  "If need be I can fly over the woods or become a lion myself to walk right along side him.  - It is one of the things I can do, if I need to," she smiled again.
Haldir
 player, 24 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Tue 27 May 2014
at 12:29
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

       The Ranger shakes his head in wonderment, and adds . . .

       "Sadly there art those O' us whom can naught take to the air and fly oe'r
the Wildwood or shift shape into a lion as thee can Gwynhwyfar.  Mine self and
some O' the tuthers must rely solely pon art bipedal motion to get us to where
we need to go."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:37, Tue 27 May 2014.

Wren
 player, 56 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Wed 28 May 2014
at 03:43
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Throughout the whole of the discussion, Wren remained quiet. The excessively elaborate elf and the arrival of the dwarf shortly after had turned the conversation in an awkward direction for someone whose talents ran as hers did. More distressingly, it seemed the dwarf shared  some of her gifts - but no matter. She'd always been more clever and agile than strong, and agility was something few dwarves could claim.

She was more interested in Radagast's reply. Odd, that he wouldn't be able to pinpoint the problem. The elf seemed to have a keen opinion of wanting to hunt orcs, but that hardly seemed prudent. She wasn't here to join an open warband.

"It seems to me that chasing after a pack of orcs would be a diversion if we're not sure it is related to our task. By all means, we should be mindful of their presence, but we shouldn't go seeking fights that aren't our concern. if anything untoward were to happen on such a side venture, who would help the Ents then...?" she prompted the Elf, before shaking her head a little and turning her eyes toward Gwyn. "I like your plan."
Borun Redbeard
 player, 32 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Wed 28 May 2014
at 10:07
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
OOC: To Azurak, what time of day is it at the moment?
Lady Isile
 player, 62 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Wed 28 May 2014
at 11:29
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Her soft lips produced a small curve enjoying what Wren had to say. It was surely her Elven blood coming to the surface with such wisdom.

Lady Isile was being the quiet one at the moment an just listening while the others talk or debated. Her mind was more focused on the right route in heading South. But in what exact direction. The South was vast.
Haldir
 player, 26 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Wed 28 May 2014
at 12:14
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

       It seemed as though their mission to the Ents wasn't thought by several of
his more refined companions to be as pressing a matter as he obviously did.  Their
mission wasn't to be an easy task, but one rife with expected dangers.

        Totally bewildered by what he had heard, Haldir felt the need to clarify a
few things to those of the gentler persuasion, so's that the reality of the situation
at hand would be better understood . . .

       "Yea most verily, we art a war band naught matter the mission.  To allow any
O' art sworn foes free reign in art most sacred wood wouldst be most imprudent
indeed!  Naught matter the Orcs purpose, it tis one wot will bring the shadow O'
darkness pon art sacred wood all the more quickly! Their path obviously lies along
the one we hath chosen, n' if it crosses ours, then it tis fate that shalt guide
r'e hands to smite seech ill begotten creatures.  To allow them to accomplish wot
ever machinations wot hath been planned for wouldst be sorely remiss pon art part
to say the least!  Tis a long way to go to reach the Ents, n' much can happen in
art comings and goings.  If it tis but a half a score O' Orcs wot needs to be dealt
with, then methinks that we should find it within art abilities to smite seech vile
reatures easy enough without jeopardizing art primary mission at hand.  Wot says
thee pon this matter Borun?"


This message was last edited by the player at 12:20, Wed 28 May 2014.

Lady Isile
 player, 63 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Wed 28 May 2014
at 22:46
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
She had heard enough, it seemed that Haldir has appointed himself or the Dwarf Borun leaders or in charge of those that are Keepers of the Olvar.  Last she heard or observed that there was none in that position and until the group decides what course of action they were to go then everything should be voted on as a group on just what the two males may think.

Haldir if Fate has it that the path that we have been placed upon crosses those foul creatures then we will do what is needed to keep their disease from spreading.  But let us make it clear, these woods that you speak of are art not the most sacred wood to everyone sitting here. I think you should keep that in mind as well.
her eyes did dart to the Dwarf briefly.

"And I am in agreement with Wren, that we should leave in the early morning.  I don't think traveling in the night would be helpful to some of us. looking again at the Dwarf briefly.

Then she gave Haldir a soft smile "But if you feel that what you think is true and these foul creatures need to be eradicate then I suggest you go on ahead tonight and take your newest friend and we will meet you in the morning somewhere in the woods heading South.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 44 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Wed 28 May 2014
at 23:10
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
It is just past noon. Through the woods, you can expect to make 18 miles before dark.
Haldir
 player, 28 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Thu 29 May 2014
at 00:10
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

       Haldir's countenance grows most serious upon hearing the Ladies stinging
words about his homeland, as well as his strong desires to react quickly where his
friends were conerned, and responds with great emotion . . .

       "Know this . . . being a Keeper O' the Olvan tis wot I hath been since ev'r
I can remember.  I am one with this ere great wood druther it be the best O'
tymes or the worst O' tymes!

        This ere sacred wood tis mine home, and it shalt always be 'Greenwood the
Great' as far as I'm concerned, naught matter wot ev'r blight that mayst lay pon it
at the now!

       If the situation twere turnt around and it twas thy friends, hearth, and home
wot twas threatened, thy story would mores the likely be much the different than it
tis now!

       Nev'r didst I assume command or implied it.   I twas arguing a point wot
hadst to be made as far as I'm concerned.  Pon the tuther hand, I can naught ev'r
follow anyone that hath naught any deep heartfelt feelings for this wood, its
fauna, or its flora!

       I wish to act quickly so as to minimize the losses O' mine lifelong friends.
A true friend O' the Wood wouldst naught act any differently and methinks to say any differently wouldst diminish mineself in the eyes O' mine friends!"


      The Elf then adds . . .

      If we should leave at the now we couldst travel nigh a score O' miles afore
dark!
</serif>

       Haldir looks to the Dwarf in order to note his reaction to his remarks . . .

This message was last edited by the player at 00:18, Thu 29 May 2014.

Borun Redbeard
 player, 33 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Thu 29 May 2014
at 01:49
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun noted the friction between Haldir and Lasy Isile. He did his best to reach a compromise.

"Lady Isile, you mentioned that you might commune with nature to discover our foes? What is the nature of this communal?"

In particular, Borun was hoping to know the time that the communal would take, and whether it could be performed today. If so, there was plenty of time remaining in the day to make progress.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 48 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Thu 29 May 2014
at 02:03
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"There is much to be said for either course of action," Radagast comments as he stops by the table.

"There are things that can be done between now and morning, and it would be considerate of those who aren't dwellers in the wild."

"Yes, the Ents are... in trouble, though I know not how or why, but they are long lived creatures. They will survive until the morrow."

"Might I suggest, however, that you choose a leader among you. Decisions will have to be made in but a moment; there'll be no time for such lengthy debate."

Wren
 player, 58 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Thu 29 May 2014
at 03:14
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Wren paused as the elf went into detail about how sacred the forest was to him, and she released a gentle sigh when he was done, glancing to the others. Sure, he had his reasons, but they weren't everyone's reasons. She then looked to the one she'd managed to speak briefly with before, Lady Isile. She had seemed to know Radagast, and her offer of discerning more about their objective was a good and promising one.

Then Radagast came by and asked them to choose a leader, to make decisions for them. Wren scowled just a little. He did have a point, but the idea of one of the others pushing her about fell flat to her. She stifled her anxiousness on the subject and instead cleared her throat. "If Lady Isile can get more information, I'd say we do that first. And if we come across your orc pack, then by all means we should deal with them. But I don't think going out of our way to seek something that could get us injured or killed is a good idea. That's all." she said, glancing to Haldir.

"... I don't know about this talk of leader. It's a fair idea, but who, here is most committed to the task at hand when we don't even know what that task is?" Wren bit her lip. "Trusting strangers isn't easy..." She said with a murmured trail of her voice. There was more to it than that, but she didn't seem keen to say more. "... but I will help."
Lady Isile
 player, 64 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Thu 29 May 2014
at 04:41
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
It was good to see Radagast walk over to the table and give his advise but still she knew that these two were going to be a handful, and even if she was chosen as leader of the Keepers of Olvar they wouldn't listen to her.

When the young Wren spoke it was a relief finally someone else that wanted to do what they were sent to do and not go chasing some lonely band of Orcs.  Surely those within the area should be able to deal with them plus Radagast would already know where they are if he is so in-tuned with the nature of these woods as well.

Turning to Wren "I can go and speak with the Nature and see what I may be able to uncover.  It will take as much time as Nature commands for me to listen. she knew she had many ways of doing this but first she needed to speak with the forest of these lands again and see if they are connected with the Ents in the South.
Borun Redbeard
 player, 34 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Thu 29 May 2014
at 11:34
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Lady Isile's vague answer about the duration of her communal did not inspire confidence.

The situation was going from bad to worse. There was no possibility of Haldir and Lady Isile accepting each other as leader. Indeed no-one seemed to trust anyone else.

For Borun's part, he trusted Master Thordin, and Master Thordin trusted Master Radagast. In turn, Master Radagast trusted all of these people. Borun would certainly give them the benefit of the doubt, at least until he had cause to think otherwise.

"Master Radagast, I fear that you will need to appoint a leader. Otherwise none of us will be accepted by all of the others."

Borun did not particularly want to receive a dagger in the back while sleeping for giving an order that someone disliked. Borun continued, "I myself do not wish to be leader. Otherwise, I have no opinion regarding who might be most suitable."
Haldir
 player, 29 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Thu 29 May 2014
at 12:02
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

        Although he was suspicious of all Dwarves, Borun spoke much more wisely than
either of the gentler folk had and would more than likely prove a better leader
than anyone else.

        In spite of his feeling on the matter, Haldir finds himself grimmacing
at the Dwarf's suggestion to Radagast that he should appoint a leader on thier
behalf . . .

        "Mayhaps seech a thing should wait till later, at a tyme whence each O' us
can see how the tuthers react whilst in the field."
   


OCC:  Even the original 'Companionship' had problems within their group,
      especially where Boromir was concerned . . .

Lady Isile
 player, 65 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Thu 29 May 2014
at 12:40
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Her dark green eyes looked over the dwarf for a moment as her mind raced with images.

To ask Radagast to choose a leader, but in the next sentence retract himself from the choice.
Kind of prudish.

Just wonder if Radagast did choice him just for asking. Would he oblige the duty.

Wren
 player, 59 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Thu 29 May 2014
at 13:36
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Wren glanced to the dwarf with a gentle nod. She'd overlooked his arrival at first, but he made a fine point. "I'm not inclined to give - or take - orders, but I can make a hasty call if that's what you're looking for." She shook her head a little. "I usually turn out well in situations like that." She folded her arms on the table in front of her.

"In any case, we need information. We also need to get moving. I'd rather set out at first light, especially if Lady Isile needs much time to conduct her magic. If you all prefer we start with a half-day's progress, though, that's fine. Not to worry, I can't carry much, but I won't slow us down in the field." She'd put that much forward in the short-term. She wasn't sure she wanted to be counted as leader, or even if the elves would accept a Half-blood like her as leader, but she felt the idea of being leader would suit her better than following.
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 52 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Thu 29 May 2014
at 22:20
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"I have no interest in leading anything more than a pack of animals.  Perhaps it will become evident on the trail, or change from situation to situation," Gwyn speculated as she finished her stew and dabbed her lips with a handkerchief from the interior of one of her voluminous sleeves.
Radagast the Brown
 Istari, 1 post
 Druid
 Wizard
Fri 30 May 2014
at 01:40
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"My, my, my," Radagast interrupted the debate. "I apologize for ruffling any feathers. I had no idea you would find it so hard to choose one of you to lead, or perhaps the hard part is the following."

"Yes, yes, I realize that you aren't familiar with each others abilities, but that should really be incidental. You wouldn't be leading the group into battle, but TO the battle... well, possibly."

"I should see to the Ents myself, of course, and while I had not planned on accompanying you, I was expecting to join you somewhere along the way. One must always allow for a change of plans... often from a change of mind, but some from a change of circumstances."

"Thus, if you can see your way to following me, I shall lead you to the Ents. Is that a suitable compromise?"

Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 42 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Fri 30 May 2014
at 01:42
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"I shall be happy to follow your recommendation, Master Radagast," Borun replied.
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 73 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Fri 30 May 2014
at 02:13
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Nodding her head "Your friendship is always a pleasure to have.

Hearing the others not wishing to step up to the position of being leader and with anyone's feathers being ruffled  it was a wise move.
"It would be best if you did.  I will be out communing with the Nature. looking at him "When do you plan to head South?
Radagast the Brown
 Istari, 2 posts
 Druid
 Wizard
Fri 30 May 2014
at 02:28
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"We shall leave at first light," replies Radagast to Lady Isile. "I must make sure the others are on their way, and I have a few things to attend to around here."

"Those of you who have companions that can fly, might it be possible for them to scout the forest from above to look for signs of these orcs?"

Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 33 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Fri 30 May 2014
at 03:29
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

        Upon hearing the Brown Wizards words, Haldir humbly replies . . .

        "Tis easier said than done, but so shalt it be Maester Radagast!"

        As soon as Stings order has been taken, his meal cooked in butter, and
the repast consumed, Haldir asks his companion to fly South and attempt to seek
out the Orcs whose trail they had spotted earlier on the Old Forest Road.  Most
importantly he asks Sting to take note of the Orcs exact location, as well as
paying close attention to whatever they appeared to be doing, then promptly return
to the Red Leaf Inn by early morning  . . .

        Having finished his meal, Sting readily agrees to his Elven Compan-
ions request.  The Pseudodragon easily hops onto Haldir's shoulder as he rises
to his feet.  The Rangers heads to the Inn's exit, opens the door, and heads
outside.  Once outside the Inn, Haldir's faithful companion flaps his wings as he
launches himself high into the ether above, then proceeds to fly South in order
to possibly locate and ascertain the objective of the Orcs whose tracks they had
spotted earlier in the day . . .

This message was last edited by the player at 03:31, Fri 30 May 2014.

Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 67 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Fri 30 May 2014
at 12:01
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Wren gave the mage an uncertain glance as he stepped into their midst again.  She certainly felt more at ease with the one who'd commissioned them for the line of work at the helm. Sensing no objection from the rest, Wren was content to nod to the mage's words, and slowly got to her feet.  "Then we have some time, yet." It seemed that they were going to be dealing with the orc party - which didn't bother her nearly as much somehow now that Radagast himself was inclined to do it.

Wren yawned gently, and turned to glance to the dwarf. "In the meantime, we could take the time to practice. I also prefer to fight without weapons, but I've never seen a dwarf move the way I can - no offense."
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 43 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Fri 30 May 2014
at 12:57
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
In reply to Wren (msg # 49):

"Oh, none taken, ma'am." Borun smiled amiably. "Our order is yet small, and most of us remain close to the Iron Hills."

Borun glanced at Radagast, then back to Wren. "Perhaps we do have some time for a sparring bout."

Borun stepped outside to find a clear space next to the inn.
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 53 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Fri 30 May 2014
at 13:00
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"I shall take to the skies myself, crow or eagle, sparrow or finch, whatever form will arouse the least attention," Gwyn volunteered at Radagast's request.
Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 69 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Fri 30 May 2014
at 13:17
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Wren glanced to Gwyn as she spoke. "That's a neat trick. You're a shapeshifter, then? I'd heard stories, but never met one of you before. That'd be a sight to see." She cracked a grin, then looked the table over. "I'll not keep Borun waiting, I suppose. I wouldn't want him to get bored, waiting for me, though. If any of you want to watch, come along." she invited, before striding out of the inn proper, and after Borun, out onto the road proper.

She paused to survey the forested landscape near the inn - a high and flat road above a downward slope to a babbling brook filled with water-worn smooth rocks and a steady flow of clean water.  The wood-post fence bordering the inn itself  wast about as high as the dwarf was tall, and within, a stone well to fetch water, the stables, and several large, singular trees left standing. Beyond the clearing the dense foliage would make movement a challenge - well, a challenge for all but the most adept.

"I'm sure we're both fairly dangerous, but in the interest of safety, let's not go all-out. I've a feeling this is more a handicap to me than you, but I'm used to such odds. I will warn you I don't pull my punches, though."
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 74 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Fri 30 May 2014
at 18:59
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
She stood up from her chair and her little black bird darted right under her hair.  Hiding from all wondering eyes to see it or as if it was not wanting to go South to check the Orcs.

"I shall return when I receive a answer. not directing it to anyone in particular.

Lady IsilŽ watched them walk out before her and then she followed out.  Once outside she spoke some Arcane words and her body shimmered for a moment then began to shrink changing into that of a magnificent bird of prey with dark feathers save for those on its head, which are pure white. (Eagle) Taking flight into the deeper parts of the woods to speak with Nature.
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 44 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 19:27
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
In reply to Wren (msg # 52):

"You wish to fight in the undergrowth?" Borun looked askance at Wren. "Let's stay in the flat area near the inn." However if Wren insisted on sparring in the overgrown area, Borun would gracefully consent.

Borun acknowledged Wren's request for non-lethal techniques. "Certainly, I shall not attempt to maim or harm, and I understand that you shall do the same."
Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 71 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 20:03
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"Hmm?" Came her response as she looked back to her opponent. "I was not suggesting we fight in the forest depths, but one should be aware of their surroundings. One thing I've learned of battle - there are no rules. You win, or you die." She shrugged her slim shoulders gently at that comment. "But, an agreement is a different sort of thing entirely. Come, then." She invited, taking a couple of smooth steps backward down the flat of the road, putting about thirty feet between them as she flicked her left arm. A flowing sash rose from her side smoothly - when exactly had she tied its end to her wrist?

28 Initiative
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 45 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 20:34
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
In reply to Wren (msg # 55):

Despite Borun's preternatural agility, the young woman was even faster.

OOC: Initiative 27
Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 72 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 20:45
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Wren held for just a moment as the dwarf put himself into a combat stance, but she didn't seem to adopt a battle stance of any formal style he was familiar with, offhand. In fact, she seemed to just be waiting for a moment. But once he was ready, she rushed forward, though, strikingly, she veered to his left at the last moment, her spring flowing into a clockwise twirl as the end of the sash on her left arm flared out - the end was weighted, and she was swinging it low even for a dwarf, aimed with momentum enough to swing all the way about his ankle unaddressed.

Charging, substituting a Trip attempt for an attack, if you're successfully tripped, you provoke one AoO for being tripped (Greater Trip) and you provoke me by falling prone next to me (Vicious Stomp), meaning I can make two AoO's on you if you fall.

16:45, Today: Wren rolled 29 using 1d20+19. Charge+Trip+CMB.

Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 46 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 20:59
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
In reply to Wren (msg # 57):

Although Borun had not seen a opponent wielding a sash before, he recognized the move for what it was, and he calmly stepped over the weapon as it swished at his ankles.

OOC: You failed on the CMB

Let's test her defences Borun thought.

Swift: Activate arcane strike
Flurry of blows
Stunning Fist on the first attack
If the Stunning Fist works, Medusa's Wrath will activate

Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 47 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 21:07
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
First attack: 29
If this attack hits, you will need to make a Fortitude save, DC 22
If you fail this save, you become stunned, and your Dex and AC will drop against the remainder of the attacks.

Second attack: 20
Third attack: 16
Fourth attack: 24

Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 73 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 21:17
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
IMMEDIATE ACTION: Snake Style Feat - Use Sense Motive Check as AC -

17:09, Today: Wren rolled 36 using 1d20+24. Sense Motive (Snake Style AC).

Miss, Miss, Miss, Miss


As the dwarf braced himself to deliver the stunning blow, he gave himself away to the half-blood's discerning eyes, and she bounded back with a graceful tumble just narrowly out of the reach of his rampaging blows. A mischievous and almost playful smile delighted her features as he failed to land his blow. Springing back to open up a small gap between them, she flared her sash behind her, masking her movements as she pulled away from him. And she laughed, she was enjoying this!

Moving away from you 10 feet, provoking an AoO for moving out of threatened area (Mobility AC 34) and using a Standard Action to Feint against you

17:16, Today: Wren rolled 40 using 1d20+24. Feint.

40 VS either 10+wis mod or 10+sense motive bonus if its trained

Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 48 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 21:34
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun missed the nimble rogue again as she skipped away.

OOC: You easily beat my base attack plus Wis. Actually you would beat it by rolling a 1.

Borun almost overbalanced as he misread Wren's next move. Fortunately he had fought such devious opponents before and he had a contingency plan. Borun stepped back and cast a spell. His appearance changed to become blurry, making it more difficult for Wren to strike him.

Casting Blur
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 51 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 00:34
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
While Wren and Borun sparred, Lady Isile and Gwyn went about their information gathering tasks. Haldir's companion had taken to the sky, too, and was scouting.

Haldir decided to watch the sparring match until Sting returns.
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 77 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 01:24
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
After an hour and a half Lady IsilŽ returns back to the inn, her clothing still looking immaculate even after traveling in the woods.

Looking for those that are considered Keepers of Olvar she waits for all to join her before speaking of what she found out, plus she wanted to speak with Gwynhwyfar as well for she was able to travel great distance quickly.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 54 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 03:43
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
You can keep posting interaction in the inn... or continue it on the road.


<b>NEXT DAY...<b>

First light, also known as false dawn, comes soon enough. Radagast was already up when the rest awake. He offers a tasty porridge flavored with spices and fresh baked bread. The smell of the latter is probably what woke everyone.

Once everyone (that wants to) has eaten a hearty breakfast, Radagast leads them outside. He has a sled pulled by six Rhosgobel Rabbits, quite large rabbits nearly the size of a medium-sized dog. They are contentedly grazing on the grass outside the inn.

"Would any of you like to take point?" he asks.
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 50 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 10:21
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun rose early the following morning and began with his customary meditation. He proceeded into the main hall to see a few of the others already eating, with lashings of fine porridge and bread all around.

He greeted the other diners and sat down at a table, helping himself to a large bowl. He nodded in appreciation at the wholesome flavour.

After breakfast, Borun accompanied the others outside the inn and was surprised to see the enormous rabbits. He approached one cautiously. Seeing that it did not threaten him, nor was it afraid, he petted the animal.

Borun listened to Master Radagast and replied, "I am happy to take point."
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 55 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 13:05
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Summoning Bain from the woods where he had undoubtedly found a stag to sate his hunger. Gwyn took a seat in her special side saddle and waited for the group to be ready to depart.
Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 75 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 19:52
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
<Next Day>

Wren had stayed  up somewhat late, and had risen early enough, but spent more than a little time alone in the early morning before finally emerging from her room and the inn to join the others out front. She does take Radagast up on his offer of breakfast.

Once she sees the sled and rabbits of all things, she raises a brow and glances to Borun as he offers to take point. "I'll join you, if you don't mind."

At that, she vaulted against a nearby tree, smoothly seeming to flow around the barked surface to perch on a branch not far above their heads, hand against the trees's trunk, glancing down at them. "Keep an eye from above, safer that way."
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 51 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 20:59
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun looked up at Wren. "Certainly, we can both maintain a lookout."
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 78 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 00:40
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
The morning was welcomed and the room she had was not the best but it was better than sleeping on the ground without any grass for comfort.

Making her way downstairs to the main room she took a seat and took a plate half full of food and some goat milk to drink afterwards.  As the party was informed of the Orcs she too confirmed the location and how many.

Then she was ready to leave, all her belongs were tightly in her backpack.

Out side the small black bird started to fly around but keeping a close eye on the miniature Dragon
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 36 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 02:56
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

      After having rested in the barn for several hours, the Pseudodragon and his
companion make their way out into the area in front of the Red Leaf Inn.  The Ranger's friend stretches its wings by flapping them furiously for twenty seconds.

      Sitting atop Haldir's shoulder, Sting looks longingly at the the small black
bird flying above as its drool drips down onto his friends chest . . .

      Haldir adds his voice to that of Borun's . . .

      "I too am most proficient in the arts O' stealth, scouting, and tracking!"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:59, Wed 04 June 2014.

Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 52 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Wed 4 Jun 2014
at 09:19
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun listened to Haldir. "There's no need for all three of us to be on point." He considered the matter. "Perhaps I should stay with the main group. I know a magical spell that could help us to communicate with each other. If you permit me, I can cast this spell on everyone in the group, which allows everyone to whisper to me and me to you, even at a distance."

OOC: the spell is Message
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 37 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 04:35
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

        The Elf graciously accepts Borun's spell, then asks .  .  .

        "How far doth ye wont me to scout ahead O' art party?"


        Sting looks momentarily at the Dwarf, snorts, and turns his attention
back to the black fowl winging it up above them, all the while looking upon it
with a hungry eye.

Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 56 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 18:43
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"Let's away," Gwyn suggested before giving the command to Bain to begin down the road.  After a few moments she began to sing a walking song for them to keep their spirits up,

    "Roads go ever ever on,
    Over rock and under tree,
    By caves where never sun has shone,
    By streams that never find the sea;
    Over snow by winter sown,
    And through the merry flowers of June,
    Over grass and over stone,
    And under mountains in the moon.

    Roads go ever ever on
    Under cloud and under star,
    Yet feet that wandering have gone
    Turn at last to home afar.
    Eyes that fire and sword have seen
    And horror in the halls of stone
    Look at last on meadows green
    And trees and hills they long have known...."
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 53 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Fri 6 Jun 2014
at 20:27
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
In reply to Haldir (msg # 72):

"Oh, perhaps a hundred feet?" Borun looked at the others for their agreement. "Far enough ahead to spot trouble before we stumble upon it, yet close enough for me to arrive quickly if needed."
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 79 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Sat 7 Jun 2014
at 02:43
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Nodding her head in agreement for the spell but she thought it was good wise decision.

Upon her black mare, she kept quiet and rode along the side of Radagast and his furry huge bunnies.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 38 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sat 7 Jun 2014
at 04:23
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

       Before moving out, Haldir casts a spell upon himself . . .

       Once the order to move out is given by Radagast, the Elven Ranger
makes his way to the forefront of their small contingent.

       As Haldir advances, his emerald orbs flit this way and that in an
attempt to ferret out any foes, tracks, or threats that he may happenstance upon.
With Sting's assistance, the Ranger heads towards the closest southerly adversar-
ies.


OCC:  Casting Longstrider on self.
              Haldir advances 100 feet head of their group.

              Typical Movement through Forest:  40 feet . . .


 

This message was last edited by the player at 04:42, Sat 07 June 2014.

Azurak the Blue
 GM, 61 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Sun 8 Jun 2014
at 20:51
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
When the Keepers of Olvar are ready to leave in the morning, they discover that the Keepers of Dinar also waited till morning.

In fact, as the two groups leave the inn, they travel the same path for awhile until the Keepers of Dinar have to veer off to the west.


Continuing on, the group soon realizes that the forest seems to be getting darker. It quickly becomes apparent that this is just an illusion. The canopy has just gotten a bit thicker in this part of the forest and the trees are a bit closer together. Even the sounds of the forest seem to diminish.

Bane and Danann and Sting are staying closer to their companions.

This goes on for about an hour, and everyone is getting a bit on edge. It doesn't seem unnatural, but still, it's a bit unnerving.

Everyone starts a bit when there's suddenly a loud crashing sound from ahead.

This is followed by someone cursing in Sindarin.

"You oaf! It's a good thing it was empty or you'd be a puddle of goo! Now pick it up and set it down on the coals... gently!"

It's hard to tell, but the voice sounds like a harsh female voice.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 40 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sun 8 Jun 2014
at 23:38
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
      Not wishing himself or his companions to be seen or heard at the moment,
Haldir raises a free hand with a cautioning gesture.  The Elven Ranger then
proceeds to use whatever cover thats to be had, and moves as stealthily and
silently as possible through the woods towards the harsh female voice up ahead.
If called upon to do so, he'll prepare for the worst.  The Elf's Emerald orbs
flit all about as he moves along in order to spot any threats along the path
or for the ones whom are conversing at the moment . . .
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 57 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Mon 9 Jun 2014
at 13:48
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Gwyn touched Bane's mane in a gesture to halt and be still as she listened intently and watched the trees for signs of movement or the source of the voice.
09:48, Today: Gwynhwyfar the Fair rolled 29 using 1d20+16. perception.
Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 77 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Tue 10 Jun 2014
at 13:37
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
09:33, Today: Wren rolled 41 using 1d20+24. Perception.
09:33, Today: Wren rolled 35 using 1d20+22. Stealth.
For the record I can move 70ft/round through the trees via brachiation,  soI think that's 35 in full stealth?


Wryn sprang and vaulted from tree to tree, acrobatically swinging and alighting, her delicate build barely disturbing the way of leaves in the wind. Perching on high she looked down on the source of the voices, peering through the morning glow and dense foliage.

Using the spell Borun had placed, she whispered back to the others. "Having a look from above..."
Radagast the Brown
 Istari, 4 posts
 Druid
 Wizard
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 02:08
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"I do believe that is Moridreth... the Dark Witch of Numenor," Radagast whispers to the others as he brings his sled to a halt.

"I do not know who her guests are."
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 64 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 02:16
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Both Haldir and Wren manage to move close enough to the speaker to observe the situation, apparently without being spotted.

There is a camp-like set-up with a tent and a campfire. Clearly what appears to be a witch is fussing over a cauldron hanging over the fire.

Around her are four trolls... probably stone trolls.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 41 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 04:08
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
        Having noticed his avowed adversaries, and not wishing to attract their
attention, Haldir remains hidden in his current position.  The Ranger Magus
immediately draws his rapier, which is then followed up by a few gestures as
well as the utterance of a whispered spell.

OCC:  How far away are the witch and the Trolls from Haldir's current position?

This message was last edited by the player at 04:09, Wed 11 June 2014.

Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 78 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 12:25
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
While Haldir prepares his own strike, Wren whispers a warning to the others, cautioning them  to the number and nature of the enemy, and offers a first,  preemptive strike upon the witch, to be timed to coincide with their arrival to the battleground.
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 58 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 13:31
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Gwyn's lips pressed together in a grimace.  The trolls were dangerous but the witch was the most dangerous of the lot.  They would need to be quick, with this in mind she whispered a spell to help them be just that.

OOC  casting haste on all who are within 10 paces (30 feet of her position)
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 42 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Wed 11 Jun 2014
at 14:44
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
OCC:  Where are the PC's in relation to one another, and how close together
are the trolls grouped?

Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 80 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 01:38
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
She waited for someone who can see what the commotion was to give them all details and then she could act accordingly
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 70 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 02:09
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
The fire is rather large, takes up the better part of a four 5-foot squares. The witch is on the far side of it, and the trolls are surrounding it. The trolls are large creaures, so each one is taking up four 5-foot squares as well. So there is one to each side of the fire, and two across the fire from the witch.


Haldir is about 50 feet away from the nearest troll, and Wren is about 60 feet away, on the other side of the clearing and up in a tree.

Gwyn, Lady Isile and Borun are around 150 feet away from the clearing, but are all within the 30 foot radius of Gwyn's Haste spell.

Companions/familiars are wherever you want them to be.


Due to Wren's elevated perch, she sees the black cat slink up to the witch and rub against her legs.
Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 79 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 02:23
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
She whispered the details of what she saw, including the obvious familiar, to the others. "Make ready. I'll strike first and try to incapacitate the witch, then, take advantage of the confusion and charge in. She won't see me coming from above. nobody looks up..."
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 43 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 04:23
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
         Sting flies into the nearby flora, and remains out of sight . . .

         With rapier in hand, Haldir patiently awaits Wren's attack, then makes
his bold move; swifty and lithely does the Ranger move with a dancers grace from
whence he stood, yes all the way to a position that places himself twixt two of
the trolls before he finally strikes his foe with a powerful thrust from his dead-
ly blade . . .
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 81 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 16:45
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Sending a mental word to Wren Killing her familiar would weaken her greatly or if you can paralyze her.
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 59 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Fri 13 Jun 2014
at 17:30
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
 "Need to get closer," Gwyn whispered, giving a command, she shimmered a moment before a raven sat upon the back of the great lion.  Launching herself into the air, she flapped up into the tree tops and just above, flying towards their quarry.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 44 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 19:01
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
OCC:  Attention!!!  Anyone thats attacking the trolls, and are within thirty
feet of Haldir gain a +4 to their damage on the trolls . . .

Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 80 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Sun 15 Jun 2014
at 23:05
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Wren was silent for a long moment as she made herself ready, quietly swinging into place, and getting poised to strike. And, after an extended moment, she whispered to the others. "... I'm striking. Three...  Two... Now~"

And at that, she vaulted down from the branch that held her, using her nimble grace to catch several branches and thrust herself downward faster and more fiercely, dropping hard atop the witch herself aiming to land, feet upon her shoulders and thrusting an unarmed blow down to the side of her neck with full intent to disable her with extreme force.

(Delivering an attack from ambush against the witch - +14 to hit, 2d6+1 Bludgeoning, Sneak-attack damage, plus 5d6 precision sneak attack damage. My aim is to weaken her so she falls unconscious either from this blow or from upcoming damage pushing over to KO her. The attack is also a Stunning fist, DC 22, to stun for 1 round.

19:01, Today: Wren rolled 17 using 1d20+14 with rolls of 3. SNEAK ATTACK. (Hope that hits)

Damage: 19:03, Today: Wren rolled 34 using 7d6+1 with rolls of 2,5,6,6,2,6,6.

Since I'll then be in the midst of her trolls, I'll use 1 Ki for a Swift action after landing the blow to cast Invisibility on myself for 10 rounds... and initiative roll:

19:04, Today: Wren rolled 14 using 1d20+11 with rolls of 3. Initiative.

Soirry for my long, undue  delay)

Azurak the Blue
 GM, 80 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 22:04
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Whether everyone was waiting for Wren to make her announced attack or not is uncertain, but as she drops down from the overhead trees on top of the witch, Haldir makes his move against the nearest troll.

Unfortunately, Wren misses the witch even with her charge bonus from dropping in from above. However, she lands behind the witch, rather than in among the trolls. She quickly turns invisible. That doesn't keep her familiar from striking at Wren.


22:48, Tue 17 June 2014: Erebyss rolled 29 using 1d20+15 ((14)) bite attack on Wren.
22:49, Tue 17 June 2014: Erebyss rolled 9 using 1d10+8 ((1)) bite damage.

I believe that just hits Wren, so she takes 9 points of damage.


Haldir attacked almost at the same time, and caught the troll completely flat-footed. He has no trouble hitting the creature, and just barely manages to score a critical hit. He does 50 points of damage to Troll #2! It's not enough to take the creature down, but he's been hit pretty good!


What are Gwyn, Lady Isile, and Borun doing? Remember, they are all hasted now, including Radagast.
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 58 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Tue 17 Jun 2014
at 22:27
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Initiative 26

Withdraw action to move up to 100 feet to get into the combat.
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 60 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Wed 18 Jun 2014
at 00:45
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Flying in a tight circle over the witch, Gwyn lit the area around her quarry in a tight ring of fire on all sides.

OOC casting wall of fire in a circle shape from above
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 45 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Wed 18 Jun 2014
at 00:49
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
         With a lithe and agile grace, and without hesitation, the Elven Ranger
thrusts his deadly rapier at the wounded troll while apparently dancing, then spins
about, and with a sure hand swings yet gain at the unwounded Troll thats been seated
next to his very first target, all whilst screaming, "Die abominations most foul!"

This message was last edited by the player at 11:03, Thu 19 June 2014.

Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 82 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Wed 18 Jun 2014
at 00:56
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
20:41, Today: Secret Roll: Lady Isile rolled 30 . Initiative.

She watched at Wren missed her target and moving at a fast rate she didn't want to see anyone get hurt too bad in this upcoming battle, so she focused on the wounded Troll taking it out if possible and allowing the others to handle the rest.

She calls forth the power of her Divine side as she smites them all in a 20r' with holy energy.

WILL save DC 23
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG...ite.html#_holy-smite
20:54,Today: Lady Isile rolled 23 using 5d8 with rolls of 2,7,5,6,3. Holy Smite.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:56, Wed 18 June 2014.

Azurak the Blue
 GM, 82 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 06:40
Re:  Keepers of Olvar



ROUND TWO

[30] Lady Isile
Lady Isile calls for Holy Smite. She is able to center it in such a way that Wren is just outside of it. The witch and trolls each take 23 points of damage.


[30] Radagast

06:16, Today: Radagast the Brown rolled 30 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 20 initiative ((20)).

The druid casts Ball Lightning and four balls of lightning streak out and one each strikes a troll for 4, 10, 12 and 6 points of damage respectively.

07:02, Mon 23 June 2014: Radagast the Brown rolled 4,10,12,6 using 3d6,3d6,3d6,3d6 ((2,1,1,2,3,5,4,6,2,3,2,1)) damage.


[26] Borun
Borun ran into battle.


[25] Witch

The witch makes a typical dramatic (arcane) gesture and glowing sparks erupt from her hand and dart at everyone.
Borun takes 11 points of damage from some sort of force bolt.
Gwyn takes 10 points of damage from some sort of force bolt.
Haldir takes 11 points of damage from some sort of force bolt.
Lady Isile takes 9 points of damage from some sort of force bolt.
Radagast takes 12 points of damage from some sort of force bolt.


[22] Erebyss (familiar)
The cat pursued Wren as she rolled away from the witch, suddenly growing in size. It leaps at Wren.

07:21, Mon 23 June 2014: Erebyss rolled 28 using 1d20+10 ((18)).

Just misses Wren!


[20] Gwyn

06:20, Mon 23 June 2014: Azurak the Blue, on behalf of Gwynhwyfar the Fair, rolled 20 using 1d20+5 ((15)) initiative.

Flying over the witch and trolls, she casts a Ring of Fire on them, and delivers 22 points of fire damage to all of them except the cat familiar which had moved after Wren. The wall only does damage on one side (unless you pass through it), so since the enemy was all on the inside, they took damage from 'passing through it' as well as being within 10' of it.


[15] Haldir

Both of Haldir's attacks hit, so he delivers 17 points to the Troll #1 (wounded one)and 16 to Troll #2. He's really hurt, but doesn't go down yet.


[14] Wren
What is Wren going to do?


[10] Trolls

Trolls #1 and #2 can't get ouf the fire this round.
Trolls #3 and #4 are able to back out on the far side.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 47 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 10:20
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
OCC:  How far away from Haldir are the Trolls that have fled the fire, and
can the Trolls that are within the wall of fire be attacked without being burned?

Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 63 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 11:20
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Gwyn gave a squawk of pain from the attack but retaliated with a spell of her own, raining fire from the sky onto the witch.

OCC:  Flame Strike

07:18, Today: Gwynhwyfar the Fair rolled 37 using 10d6 with rolls of 5,2,4,4,1,2,5,3,5,6. attack.
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 84 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Mon 23 Jun 2014
at 16:42
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
She smiled at the Witch as she moved closer making sure she was within 50 feet from her and then she pointed her finger at the Witch and invoked a spell that emits a black ray of negative energy that suppresses the life force of the witch when it strikes her.

The ray looked a bit different than any Radagast might of ever saw before as it looked to be intertwine with the same spell.


http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enervation
12:41, Today: Lady Isile rolled 26 using 1d20+14 with rolls of 12. Range Touch.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 83 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Tue 24 Jun 2014
at 06:00
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Troll #3 was only 10 feet away, and only had to move 5 feet to get out of the fire, so he's now 15 feet away.

Troll #4 was only 15 feet away, diagonally, and also only had to move 5 feet to get out of the fire, so he's now 20 feet away.

The two trolls still in the fire couldn't immediately move out of it because they would have had to move into the witch's fire if they went forward, and Haldir was preventing them from moving backwards. And the trolls can be attacked because the fire damage is only on one side, which is the inside of the ring of fire.


I didn't see any Spell Resistance on Lady Isile's character sheet; where does that come from?

But here's the roll anyway, so the spell gets through.

05:45, Tue 24 June 2014: Moridreth the Dark Witch rolled 29 using 1d20+14 ((15)) penetrate Spell Resistance.


I'll wait a day to see if Wren posts for Round Two before I resolve Round Three as her actions could affect things.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 48 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Tue 24 Jun 2014
at 06:58
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
        The Ranger Spell Dancer continues to engage his foes whilst dancing about
lithely;  Haldir gestures with his off hand, yet sneezes unexpectedly whilst
attempting to cast defensively, but easily manages to thrust his deadly 'Holy Rapier'
several times at the Troll adversary whom he's already blooded his blade  . . .

This message was last edited by the player at 11:03, Wed 25 June 2014.

Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 62 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Thu 26 Jun 2014
at 11:19
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
If Borun is within 5 feet of an enemy (perhaps a troll?), he will move in and make a full attack.

If not, he will follow Lady Isile's lead and cast Enervation at the enemy witch, then move forwards into melee with the nearest enemy.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:19, Thu 26 June 2014.

Azurak the Blue
 GM, 91 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 01:07
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Yes, Borun made it into the fray at the end of last round as two trolls on the right skipped out of the fire. Just as Borun is about to attack them, a flame strike comes down upon them.

Go ahead and make your attacks.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 92 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 02:51
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
ROUND THREE

[30] Lady Isile
Lady Isile targets Moridreth with Enervate, and easily overcomes the witchís spell resistance. The witch screams in agony as the levels drain away from her.


[30] Radagast

Radagastís balls of lightning continue to dance around and strike the trolls again for 10, 11, 16 and 8 points of damage respectively.

01:52, Fri 27 June 2014: Radagast the Brown rolled 10,11,16,8 using 3d6,3d6,3d6,3d6 ((5,1,4,6,3,2,5,5,6,2, 2,4)).


[26] Borun
Borun made it into the fray at the end of last round. The two trolls that made it out of the fire are the ones on his side of the campfire. Just as Borun reaches them, though, they take more damage from Gwynís flame strike.


[25] Moridreth the Dark Witch

Still screaming in agony, she kicks over the cauldron thatís been bubbling on the campfire, more so even after the ring of fire and flame strike! The liquid hits the fire, and the clash of flame and liquid erupts into a cloud of roiling smoke shot through with white-hot embers. The smoke obscures all sight, including darkvision, while the embers deal 33 points of fire damage to everyone in a 20 foot radius, which catches everyone! (Reflex save DC 24 for half damage).

03:32, Fri 27 June 2014: Moridreth rolled 33 using 10d6 ((1,2,3,1,5,2,6,3,5,5)).


[22] Erebyss (familiar)
This round, the tiger-size cat makes a full attack against Wren. It leaps, claws and bitesÖ and completely misses her.

03:40, Fri 27 June 2014: Erebyss rolled 11,22,20,13,20,11 using 1d20+10,1d20+10,1d20+6,2d6+8,2d6+8,2d6+8 ((1,12,14,3,2,6,6,1,2)).


[20] Gwyn

Still flying over the witch and trolls, Gwyn casts a Flame Strike on the witch and trolls. On top of the Ring of Fire, which does another 22 points of fire damage to the trolls still in it, she does another 37 points of fire damage to them. It's an area effect, and she is able to catch all of them except the cat.


[15] Haldir

The two trolls in the ring of fire take another blast of fire from Gwynís Flame Strike. Troll #1 is nearly burnt to a crisp, but hasnít fallen down yet, and since itís a troll, Haldir has to be sure, attacking it for 23 points of damage. That seems to finish it off as it falls to the ground.

Haldir has to turn his second attack onto Troll #2, hits it for 22 points of damage. It doesnít go down, but heís pretty sure itís on its last legs, though.


[14] Wren
Suddenly confronted by a large cat, she's not sure she can outrun it, so she burns a ki point to add another attack to her flurry of blows.

00:31, Fri 27 June 2014: Wren rolled 26,32,18,14,18 using 1d20+15,1d20+15,1d20+15,1d20+10,1d20+10 ((11,17,3,4,8)) 5 attacks.

Only two of them hit for 13 and 13 points of damage.

02:59, Fri 27 June 2014: Azurak the Blue, on behalf of Wren, rolled 13,13 using 2d6+1,2d6+1 ((6,6,6,6)).


[10] Trolls

Trolls #1 and #2 couldn't get out of the fire last round, and not only take the continuing damage from the fire this round, but take even more fire damage from the flame strike. A hit by Haldir kills Troll #1, and even as Troll #2 is hit by Haldir, it heads out of the fire at any cost!

Trolls #3 and #4 are out of the fire but get hit by Gwynís flame strike just before Borun attacks them. The one on the left (Troll #3) manages to take only half damage from it.

02:25, Fri 27 June 2014: Witch and troll save vs. the flame strike. Only the witch and Troll #3 save. 16,7,25,15,33 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+15 ((11,2,20,10,18)).
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 49 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 03:21
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
        The Ranger Spell Dancer continues to lithely frolic about while efficiently
evading the exploding embers that had been precipitated by the Dark Witch, whom
carelessly knocked over the bubbling cauldron into their raging campfire.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:09, Fri 27 June 2014.

Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 63 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 09:31
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Swift action: Arcane strike

Full attack action against the first troll
First attack with Stunning Fist: +19
If the attack hits, the troll must make a Fortitude save, DC 22, to avoid being stunned.
Second attack: if the first attack did not achieve stun, this attack will also be with Stunning Fist: +19
Third attack: +14
Fourth attack: +14
Haste attack if the first two attacks did not achieve stun, I will attempt Stunning Fist again: +19

If the troll has been stunned, Medusa's wrath for two extra attacks, both at +19.
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 64 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 09:35
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
First attack: 26
Second attack: 28
Third attack: 16
Fourth attack: 16
Haste attack: 29

Meh, in five rolls, my highest roll was 10. :/
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 50 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Fri 27 Jun 2014
at 12:33
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
OCC:  Whats the radius of obscured vision from the smoke, and which characters
are currently affected by it?

Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 85 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 01:03
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
quote:
She smiled at the Witch as she moved closer making sure she was within 50 feet from her and then she pointed her finger at the Witch


It was wise for Lady IsilŽ to keep her distance from the wicked witch and after seeing what she just did was a good sign. The good thing is that she was able to see if the witch tried to escape though the smokescreen she just produced.

Within her weaken state, she wasn't going to be able to do much of her higher spell casting and most likely be moving on foot.

From a distance her familiar was also able to watch to see if the witch was trying to make an exit/escape.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 94 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 02:49
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
The cloud has a 20-foot radius, but it is expanding each round. It is uncertain how long that will last.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 51 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sat 28 Jun 2014
at 16:56
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
         Being that Trolls are Haldir's sworn and favored enemies, he knows of their
body odor, and movement.  The Spell Dancing Ranger decides to utilize his senses
(hearing, smell, etc.) to launch a spring attack upon his now wounded Troll adversary . . .

         If Haldir is lucky enough to have figured out his humongous foes position,
he shall not hesitate to close the distance twixt his himself and his foe in order
to strike him.   If needs be the Elf shall hold his action until the troll is
ten feet away, and shall then launch his attack, after which his spring away at
an oblique angle in such a way that he'll move away from the campfire and teh
wounded troll.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:01, Sat 28 June 2014.

Azurak the Blue
 GM, 97 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Tue 1 Jul 2014
at 04:10
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun hits the troll with his first attack, second attack and with the haste attack, but misses with the other two. What was the damage?


Watching from above in her bird form, Lady Isile does see the witch move out of the incendiary cloud of smoke and then disappear. It'll be hard for Lady Isile to do anything about that because of the expanding cloud.


I'll get to Haldir's attack in the morning as I'm falling asleep right now... Nodding off as I type... zzzzz
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 65 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Tue 1 Jul 2014
at 10:31
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
In reply to Azurak the Blue (msg # 116):

First attack's damage: 12

The troll must make a Fortitude save, DC 22, against Stunning Fist.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/...-fist-combat---final

If it fails the save, it takes various penalties, including a drop in AC. (Although I doubt that the drop in AC will be enough to allow my third and fourth attacks to hit.)

Second attack's damage: 19

If the troll was not already stunned by the first attack, it needs to make another Fortitude save against Stunning Fist.

Haste attack's damage: 15

Again, if the troll was not stunned from either of the first two attacks, it must make another Fortitude save against Stunning Fist.

If the troll has become stunned from any of the three attacks, then Borun gains another two attacks.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/...wrath-combat---final

Medusa' wrath one attack: natural 20!
Confirmation roll: 38

Maximum critical damage: 42

Is it still alive? If so:-

Medusa's wrath two attack: 37
Damage: 17
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 98 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Tue 1 Jul 2014
at 21:07
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
When Borun hits the troll, it feels like he's hitting stone! That confirms it's a stone troll, though, and they have tough fortitude.

21:47, Tue 01 July 2014: Azurak the Blue rolled 22,27,25 using 1d20+12,1d20+12,1d20+12 ((10,15,13)) for 3 Fort saving throws.

None of Borun's three hits result in stunning the troll, however, nor does it go down.


Locating one burning troll amid the stench of other burning trolls mixed in with the smoke makes in impossible for Haldir to locate the troll by smell, but he has no problem spotting him against the ring of fire that is still burning. He easily hits with his spring attack, but his foot comes down on the dead troll, causing his leg to slip into the ring of fire before he can recover. He takes 8 points of fire damage only cause he didn't pass all the way through the wall of fire.

The troll goes down, though. Even though it regenerates and has fire resistance, the ring of fire still bring it down to 1 hit point, and Haldir's damage is enough to put it past his death threshold, so it will no longer regenerate.


Gwyn, Lady Isile and Wren are still up for this round...
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 52 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Wed 2 Jul 2014
at 01:57
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
       Haldir attempts to dance directly away from the smoke, the campfire, as well
as the ring of fire as carefully as possible, albeit favoring his unsinged leg.
While making his way out of the smoke, he sheathes his blade with his right hand,
and grabs for his' Strength Composite Bow thats resting over his shoulder with his
free hand.

      Hopefully whenever he does emerge from the smoke, he'll easily be able to spot
any possible threats or adversaries within his vicinity.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:34, Wed 02 July 2014.

Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 86 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Wed 2 Jul 2014
at 02:05
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
She is moving back away so that she might be able to spot the Witch if she tries to escape.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 53 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Wed 2 Jul 2014
at 08:44
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
        As Haldir moves through the smoke, he communicates with Sting by way of their
telepathic link . . .
 
        "Sting doth thee see any foes lurking about, and where art they now?"


        The Spell Dancing Ranger's 'familiar' looks about from its hidden position
for any foes, then replies telepathically back to his friend . . .
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 64 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Wed 2 Jul 2014
at 12:29
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Distaste for the bright sun of day, Gwen squawked a magical word, her wings beating as if waving in an incantation before the ground below was bathed in the light of day.

OOC:  Casting daylight in their midst
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 100 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Sun 6 Jul 2014
at 19:14
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Bleh. Holiday got the best of me...


Haldir and Sting can spot two combats going on--Wren vs. a giant cat, and Borun vs. the last two trolls.


The incendiary cloud of smoke and burning embers continues to expand outward, as well as rising upward. Even though Lady Isile has been keeping her distance, the expanding cloud is forcing her farther away. She spotted the witch moving away from the cloud, but then the witch disappeared completely.

A few moments later, she is being attacked by a small flock of ravens... about ten of them. She spots them before they can actually strike, so none of them get close enough to hit her yet.


Gwyn casts a Daylight spell in the area, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The smoke still diffuses the light, though you can tell there's a different light source now.


Having gotten the better of the witch's familiar so far, Wren tries another flurry of blows, but is prepared to flee just in case.

19:18, Sun 06 July 2014: Azurak the Blue, on behalf of Wren, rolled 26,30,31,20,25 using 1d20+15,1d20+15,1d20+15,1d20+10,1d20+10 ((11,15,16,10,15)).

She does a little better this time, hitting for 4 of her strikes.

19:27, Sun 06 July 2014: Azurak the Blue, on behalf of Wren, rolled 13,5,10,8 using 2d6+1,2d6+1,2d6+1,2d6+1 ((6,6,2,2,4,5,1,6)).

She's done 38 points of damage to Erebyss... more than the previous round, but it still could have been better. She really didn't like hitting a cat.

This cat, however, strikes back!

19:36, Sun 06 July 2014: Erebyss rolled 19 using 1d20+12 ((7)).

He misses again, but this time he withdraws and flees, since he was mostly covering Moridreth's retreat.


That leaves the two trolls that Borun is bashing on.

19:41, Sun 06 July 2014: Stone troll #3 rolled 32,30,17,12,9,9 using 1d20+16,1d20+16,1d20+16,1d8+7,1d8+7,1d8+7 ((16,14,1,5,2,2)).

Because his buddy is flanking Borun, the troll just manages to hit Borun for 12 points of damage.

Troll #4, however, doesn't even fare that well.

19:47, Sun 06 July 2014: Stone Troll #4 rolled 18,20,22,13,15,11 using 1d20+16,1d20+16,1d20+16,1d8+7,1d8+7,1d8+7 ((2,4,6,6,8,4)).


Radagast still has his ball lightnings dancing around. With two trolls dead, he directs all four of them to attack Troll #4.

19:58, Sun 06 July 2014: Radagast the Brown rolled 11,8,12,18 using 3d6,3d6,3d6,3d6 ((6,1,4,5,2,1,4,6,2,6,6,6)).

20:04, Sun 06 July 2014: Troll #4 17,24,8,21 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5 ((12,19,3,16)) Reflex saving throw against the lightning balls.

He manages to dodge two of them, but still takes 23 points of damage from the two that hit.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:57, Tue 08 July 2014.

Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 54 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sun 6 Jul 2014
at 20:49
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
          After having spotted the 'Large Cat' battling Wren, the Spell Dancer
immediately takes a deadly shaft from his quiver and fires at it from his Composite
Longbow, and then unleashes another for good measure in the hopes that killing the
creature would slow the Witch down markedly.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:57, Sun 06 July 2014.

Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 87 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Tue 8 Jul 2014
at 04:47
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
She was holding her action and once she saw the witch she was about to invoke a spell to make the powers of the Heavens fall down upon her, but with her vanishing and now a flock of birds appears she is able to direct the spell in a 20 r' in front of her so that all those birds feels her wraith.


WILL save DC 23
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG...ite.html#_holy-smite

00:47, Today: Lady Isile rolled 25 using 5d8 with rolls of 8,4,6,2,5. Holy Smite.

Azurak the Blue
 GM, 103 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Tue 8 Jul 2014
at 07:13
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Both of Haldir's arrows hit the fleeing cat; it is evil, so the additional holy damage kills it.


Lady Isile's holy smite kills all the birds that were attacking her.
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 66 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Tue 8 Jul 2014
at 08:49
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun's current hit points: 108 (max 140)
AC 34

Swift action: arcane strike

Full attack, first targeting the more injured troll

First attack: +19
Second attack: +19
Third attack: +14
Fourth attack: +14
Haste attack: +19

Borun is not using Stunning Fist against the injured troll. However, if the injured troll is killed, Borun will use Stunning Fist against the uninjured troll with any remaining +19 attacks.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:20, Tue 08 July 2014.

Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 67 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Tue 8 Jul 2014
at 08:55
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
First attack: 22
Second attack: 35
Third attack: 17
Fourth attack: natural 20!
Roll to confirm: 22
Haste attack: 34
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 55 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Tue 8 Jul 2014
at 22:40
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

       With bow still in hand, Haldir readies another deadly shaft as he heads on a
course that would take him along the very same path that the large cat would have
taken in the hopes that he'd be able to find the Witch's most current tracks . . .

       The Spell Dancing Ranger speeds up his pace just a tad (currently moving
at 60 feet a round so his tracking skills (survival/tracking roll will only take
a -10 adjust due to his Ranger abilities) in order to track down his quarry;
as Haldir does so, he speaks . . .

       "Those O' ye whom wishes the foul abomination to come to ruin and damnation
follow mine self at the now!"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:40, Tue 08 July 2014.

Azurak the Blue
 GM, 105 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Sun 13 Jul 2014
at 21:25
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun is able to hit troll #3 with his first three attacks, though the third one just barely manages to hit because the troll is falling down already. Still, those three attacks are enough to finish him off.

that allows Borun to turn his last two attacks on the last troll. His first attack hits and criticals, doing 38 points of damage. It's not enough to take the troll down, but Borun's last attack hits and finishes him off.

21:50, Sun 13 July 2014: Azurak the Blue, on behalf of Borun Redbeard, rolled 16, 15, 15, 16 using 2d6+7, 2d6+7, 2d6+7, 2d6+7 ((5,4,6,2,5,3,2,6)) damage for 4 attacks.


Haldir, after dropping the familiar, quickly sets off in pursuit of the witch. As he passes the dead familiar, it dissolves into a black mist that swiftly fades away. try as he might, however, Haldir cannot pick up the trail of the witch. He does find where she came from, somewhere to the west, probably a week ago. It was an old game trail.

Knowing where she was, however, he finds her footprints that she made after the battle began, but they come to an abrupt end.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 56 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 11:26
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
       Haldir realizes that tracking the Witch any further would be fruitless,
and with bow still in hand he turns about, and heads back to a position not too
far off from his foes campfire.  While remaining alert for any possible counter
attack by their adversaries, the Spell Dancing Ranger waits for the foul smoke
to die down, and when its finally clears enough to enter his foes campsite, he
cautiously advances, and proceeds to search the area for anything that the Witch
may have left behind after her hasty withdrawl from combat.

      Haldir realized that she may have left something behind in her hasty
retreat that could possibly provide clues as to what their mission may
have been . . . and begins to search the area where she'd been seen.
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 65 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Mon 14 Jul 2014
at 23:23
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Winging in, Gwyn raven form shimmered and she grew and morphed back into her comely self.  Surveying the landscape grimly she spoke.
"We have made a powerful enemy," she declared.  "We will have to be cautious the remainder of our journey.  What was she concocting?" she asked, looking about, searching for answers.

OOC19:23, Today: Gwynhwyfar the Fair rolled 20 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 10. know arcana.
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 88 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 06:31
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
She smiled as she listened to Gwynhwyfar "Oh but that can also goes as she has a few powerful enemies to deal with.  I'm sure she will not dare strike at us as a party. flipping a lock of hair over her should as she waited for the cloud of smoke to dissipate and they can search more into the area.

Looking to Radagast "Have you ever seen her before? pausing "One with that much power surely has grown some sort of reputation.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 109 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 07:15
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Haldir begins examining and searching the area around the campfire. He almost misses the item because it is cleverly dyed to look like grass and weeds and dirt. It's a small sack (camouflaged).


Gwyn does wonder how the witch was making her strange brew, since there is nothing in the area that could possibly have made such a concoction. She does realize, however, that the witch was brewing just what she witnessed--Incendiary Cloud potions, a mass batch if the cauldron's contents were meant to be individual potions. It would have produced around 100 potions. This puzzles her slightly, as her knowledge about such things tells her that it shouldn't have been possible.

Gwyn also notices some lines drawn in the dirt by the campfire. After looking at it from a few different angles, she realizes it is a crude map.
Radagast the Brown
 Istari, 5 posts
 Druid
 Wizard
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 07:37
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"She does have a reputation," Radagast replies to Lady Isile. "This is not a typical action of hers, though. I mentioned at the start that I thought it was Moridreth the Dark Witch of Numenor. Still think it was, but can't be sure. Scent is wrong."

He goes back to where his sled and rabbits have been patiently waiting. He feeds them bits from his pocket, scratches behind their ears, and then brings them forward carefully avoiding the foul remains of the stone trolls.

As they come to a stop, they all turn their heads and look at Radagast.

"Yes, yes, I sensed it, too, but you are better at than I," he says to them as if replying to something unsaid.

"Haldir... the rabbits sense something amiss over in that area," he calls out to Haldir who is on the other side of the firepit, pointing to an area somewhere over to the left.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 112 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 17:17
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Anyone still playing in this thread?
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 57 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 19:28
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
        At Radigast's proddings, the Elven Spell Dancing Ranger tucks the witch's
purse securely into the folds of his raiments, and proceeds towards the area that
had been pointed out to him with caution, and with his deadly blade in hand . . .

        Haldir's icy blue orbs flit this way and that in an attempt to locate
whatever had gotten the attention of the Wizard . . .
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 89 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 20:19
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Shaking her head at the name, it was a name she didn't hear of in her journeys but still that didn't mean she wouldn't be looking for them later.

"Moridreth the Dark Witch of Numenor. I will have to ask the creatures of the woods what they may tell me more about this witch. she looked to her own familiar and nodded her head.

When Radagast instructed Haldir to search over in an certain area she was interested in seeing what would be uncovered.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 114 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 21:58
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Haldir's attention is focused on a particular area, but he has no idea what he's looking for. He feels like he's getting closer, though he can't quite say how he knows that... and then he runs into it!

He still doesn't know what he's run into, but there is something there in front of him... fairly large. He feels around and quickly learns that it is a structure of some kind... one that is completely invisible!
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 58 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 04:57
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
         Without uttering a word, the Scout takes the time to gesture for his compan-
ions to follow;  Haldir then proceeds to diligently search for the entrance to the
invisible structure that stands before him with the flat of his free hand.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 115 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 05:16
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Haldir easily finds what he considers to be the 'front' door. It seems to have a typical doorknob.

The exterior wall felt smooth to the touch, as does the door.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 59 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 05:56
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
          Realizing that he doesn't know whether the door is magically trapped,
Haldir reflexively draws his hand back from the door nob, and takes a step back.
He awaits the arrival of one whom is more qualified than he for the act of breaking
and entering into such places . . .
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 69 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 08:51
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
In the aftermath of the battle, Borun brushed away the dirt and looked around at his companions. None of them seemed to be seriously hurt.

Borun had a few ways to heal himself. He cast the spell False Life. Although not exactly healing, it would prevent injury if he was involved in another fight.

Next he focused his inner ki on self-healing. The bruises quickly disappeared.

Turning to his companions, he said, "Some of you are hurt. Gather round and I can heal you."

OOC: Channel positive energy for 6 points of healing.

"Sorry, my healing powers are somewhat limited," he apologized. "Nevertheless, I can still heal you individually if you are pure of heart," he offered.
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 68 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 17:14
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Gwyn wondered what the witch would want potions of fire for but examined her surroundings and got a sick feel of fire in a forest.  Turning her attention to the map, she looked it over carefully, trying to identify the landmarks and what they could mean...

OOC


13:11, Today: Gwynhwyfar the Fair rolled 26 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 16. know geography.
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 90 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Tue 29 Jul 2014
at 20:36
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Watching Haldir move around something that was surely invisible.

"Would you like for me to Dispel the Magic around it? she asked.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 60 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sun 3 Aug 2014
at 15:42
Re:  Keepers of Olvar

         Upon hearing the Lady's inquiry, Haldir whispers his reply . . .

         "Methinks it naught, as dispelling the ensourcelments pon the abode
would mores the likey alert r'e adversaries, and allow them to prepare for art
entry.  It wouildst be best that whomev'r breaks into yonder premises wilst
hath to do so while all tis invisible."


         The 'Spell Dancing Ranger' backs off a short distance and gestures
towards the abodes entry with the point of his deadly blade.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:42, Sun 03 Aug 2014.

Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 91 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Sun 3 Aug 2014
at 16:36
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Tilting her head, now was the time when she wished she took the time to study the spell True Seeing.  It would surely help in times like this.
Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 90 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Sun 3 Aug 2014
at 22:13
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"I've never tried to pick an invisible lock," Wren speaks as she swings down from the trees. Although none were in the immediate area, she preferred the vantage point.

"That's if it's even locked. Almost doesn't seem like it would be, doesn't it? But it could be trapped. You don't see magical traps with your eyes anyway, so I might be able to do that."


She feels her way over to the door, then holds her hands out in front of her as if she's trying to feel the magic.


23:04, Sun 03 Aug 2014: Wren rolled 37 using 1d20+24 ((13)) Perception check to find any magical traps. That should find just about anything!

23:06, Sun 03 Aug 2014: Wren rolled 31 using 1d20+26 ((5)) Disable Device check to disable magical traps. That should disable anything under 7th level.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 116 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 18:21
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Wren works her own form of magic on the invisible door. She has no trouble detecting the magic trap, although it's a bit on the... odd side. It always works better if you can use a device in the manner it was meant to function. In this case, the door opens and closes, so that would likely set it off.

She doesn't really have to know what the magic is in order to disarm it, but that always helps. Figuring out the magic isn't impossible; it just takes a bit longer. Even then, Wren gets an indistinct impression. She finally identifies the nature of the magic as some sort of witch's hex, but can't get a specific reading on its exact nature.

Just like a mechanical trap, she can feel the magic trigger and the built-up magic behind the trigger. Also like a mechanical trap, she has to move the magic aside, shift it over, slide it upwards and out of the way. The one advantage Wren had was that the witch didn't have to understand or preceive the magic in that manner... she just... did it.

Her manipulation of the magic in that matter wasn't permanent... it would return to its normal configuration once she stopped her concentration.

So, shift it away from the lock... move it over from the knob... then slide it aside from the door.

By the time she accomplishes this, she's perspiring a bit. The concentration required that much effort.
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 70 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 10:32
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun peered suspiciously at the invisible barrier. He knew of mages who were able to create temporary magical shelters, although not invisible ones.

Cautiously, he followed behind as Wren investigated.

OOC: Knowledge arcana: 21
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 61 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 04:00
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
          Whilst lively cavorting about in place, the Elven Spell Dancing Ranger
patiently awaits Wren's magical manipulation's upon the trapped invisible door.
Haldir's emerald orbs flit menacingly about in a discerning attempt to ferret out
any threat or foe that may decide to fall upon them the whole time.
Wren
 Keeper of Olvar, 91 posts
 Half-Elf
 Monk/Rogue
Tue 12 Aug 2014
at 00:39
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Wren is able to suspend the magical trap on the door, though not eliminate it. She's not quite sure how successful she was, but thinks the trap will restore in around an hour.

Pushing the door open is a peculiar sight as you can suddenly see something where there was nothing before. It kind of looks like a hole in the very air.

Beyond the door is a large room. As the door swings open wider, you can now see that the room appears to be a combination bedroom and workroom. You see a bed along one wall with a few appropriate amenities, and a table, workbench, cabinet and fireplace along the other side.

There doesn't appear to be anyone within.
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 92 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Tue 12 Aug 2014
at 01:00
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"Be careful Wren, that witch might be in there hiding. not wanting any harm to fall upon her companion she cast a spell upon Wren. (Unless someone else already did)

Haste
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste

Affection all in the party.

Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 62 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Tue 12 Aug 2014
at 11:30
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 11:33, Tue 12 Aug 2014.

Azurak the Blue
 GM, 119 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Tue 12 Aug 2014
at 17:01
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Yes, Haldir is within range of Lady Isile's spell.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 122 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Fri 22 Aug 2014
at 01:50
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Is anyone going to enter the invisible hut? Or are you just going to move on?
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 94 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Fri 22 Aug 2014
at 03:14
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
She moves to the door before entering and summons one of her innate powers to invoke Faerie Fire and allow it to be focused on the center of the room and see if any forms become outlined.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 123 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 00:08
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
The Faerie Fire does not illuminate any creatures in the room. While it's still possible that some small creature could be hiding somewhere in the room, there is no one and nothing that can be seen.
Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 63 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 02:10
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
       Haldir cotinues to dance about in place while his emerald orbs seek out any
threats or foes in the surrounding wilds . . .

       The Spell Dancing Ranger decides its best to sheathe his blade, unslings
his bow from his shoulder, then grasps an arrow from his quivver.
Gwynhwyfar the Fair
 Keeper of Olvar, 69 posts
 Barding/Laketown
 Druid/Sorceress
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 19:22
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Calling forth her lion, Gwyn took to his back and trailed after the others to determine what they had found.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 124 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Thu 28 Aug 2014
at 21:43
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Haldir continues his scouting, roaming around the whole area in search of anything suspicious. He doesn't run into any more invisible buildings, but as he reaches the edge of the area, he gets a strange feeling. It only takes a second for him to realize the cause--the whole area has a kind of taint to it, which is how you knew the witch was there in the first place.

It was moving outside that 'contaminated' area that caused the odd feeling... more like a relief. There's still that 'darkness' that seems to permeate much of the Mirkwood now.


Lady Isile and Gwynhwyfar the Fair enter the invisible shack. There is no one inside, but it still gives them a creepy feeling.
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 95 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Sun 31 Aug 2014
at 19:38
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
This place needs to be cleansed. was all she said.

Taking the time to look to see if anything stood out with her Detect Magic active.  Items mostly.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 126 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Mon 1 Sep 2014
at 00:48
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Well, the whole hut registers as magical, but it seems to be a kind of subdued magic. There are several items that stand out against that magic, however.

On the large table there is a book that glows magical, as well as what looks like pair of goggles.

A jacket hanging on the back of a chair is also magical, and shackles sitting on a small side table are magical.

Three masks hang on the wall, one above the other, that register as magic.

There's also a dozen bottles on the table that are magical.
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 96 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Mon 1 Sep 2014
at 13:22
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Standing in the doorway she invokes a spell that would allow her to retrieve these items without touching them.

As she cast her spell of Mage Hand a couple of times to keep gathering these items and bringing them outside so that she may place them in her bag for later Identifying.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 127 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Mon 1 Sep 2014
at 15:53
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Lady Isile can acquire all but two of the items: the book and the shackles exceed the weight limit of the hand, though probably not by much.

Once she removes all the magical bottles, she sees that there is another magical item on the table. Its physical nature was just hiding behind the bottles. It was a headband, woven perhaps of silver threads and having an eye set into the front of it.
Lady Isile
 Keeper of Olvar, 97 posts
 Moriquende
 Sorceress/Oracle
Mon 1 Sep 2014
at 18:44
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Seeing a new item she focus her Mage Hand to retrieve it as well.  Placing all items in a bag.

She waits to see if Gwynhwyfar was going to enter the place.  IF not, then she might have to go in herself to retrieve the final two items
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 72 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Tue 2 Sep 2014
at 20:17
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun watched as Lady Isile transferred the items with her magical hand spell. Seeing her struggle with the book, Borun briefly considered casting his own hand spell, but suspected that his was no more powerful than hers.

"Shall I inspect the book?" he offered.

OOC: If no-one objects, Borun carefully walks over to the book and picks it up.
Azurak the Blue
 GM, 129 posts
 Storyteller
 StarMaster
Wed 3 Sep 2014
at 16:26
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
Borun enters the hut and walks over to the book carefully. It was lying open on the table, and several apparatus were lying about near it, indicating the witch was probably using the book to brew something.

He notices that the book has one of those ribbons sew into the binding that you can use to mark a place in the book.

Oddly, Borun finds he can read the script on the page, though some of it is a bit unclear. It's the 'recipe' for making a potion called Torshon's Pyroclastic Cloud.


Is Borun going to close the book to remove it, or will he leave it open?

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:27, Wed 03 Sept 2014.

Haldir
 Keeper of Olvar, 64 posts
 Silvan Elf
 Ranger/MagusSpellDancer
Thu 4 Sep 2014
at 19:16
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
         Haldir decides to listen for any of the witch's movement within the forest
surrounding him.  Mayhaps he'll be able to locate her in this manner.
Borun Redbeard
 Keeper of Olvar, 73 posts
 Dwarf
 Monk/Empyreal sorcerer
Fri 5 Sep 2014
at 16:23
Re:  Keepers of Olvar
"It looks like a potions book," Borun informed the others.

Borun read the name of the spell and frowned. Torshon's Pyroclastic Cloud? Borun had heard of a potent spell called incendiary cloud - indeed the witch seemed to have used that spell during combat - although no-one at Diamond Heart Academy was skilled enough to cast it. As far as Borun was aware, such attack spells could not be stored in potion form.

Perhaps Master Radagast or Lady Isile might know more about it? Anyway, we could discuss it later.

Borun picked up the book, closed it and tucked it under his arm.