Tiro.   Posted by TheDudeAbides.Group: 0
Lucinda Eravyn
 player, 207 posts
 Elf
 Alchemist
Sun 27 Jul 2014
at 20:45
Re: Tiro
"U-um...I-I'll go grab some supplies..." She says before starting to walk away. She probably wouldn't be the best person for confronting the captain. Dealing with that would take a lot more talking and social savvy than she was used to, probably more than she even possessed. But getting supplies and food couldn't be too hard. After all, she had made plenty of trips to the store to buy alchemical supplies in the past, why would getting food for a trip be much different. She headed off in search of somewhere to purchase food.
Lynessa Crescent
 player, 115 posts
 Human
 Fighter
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 01:27
Re: Tiro
So, it seemed they were going to spend some time investigating Tiro after all. Lynessa felt a sense of relief. It would be best not to condemn Merand before they were certain of his misdoings, but military corruption was hardly unheard of and that message seemed pretty damning.

Devi's suggestions all seemed pretty dangerous, but she was right in suggesting that the alternative could be even more dangerous. Besides, Lynessa hadn't expected this to be an easy journey. “Changing the message doesn't seem like it will be any more effective than not telling him. Eventually, this 'Songbird' will begin to wonder why he hasn't seen action taken on his message and will want to know what's happening. I was thinking if we could find someone we can trust in Tiro, I have friends I trust back in Freeport. We may be able to turn this over to them,” she suggested.
TheDudeAbides
 GM, 438 posts
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 20:08
Re: Tiro
    There were limited shops in Tiro, but as Lucinda slipped away from the group she could see the tell-tale signs of them as she entered the throng of buildings. Along the main road, Lucinda could see a general store, a blacksmith and a small butcher shop. Once she had gone a few hundred yards, Lucinda was lost from sight and hearing to the rest of the group. The slow trickle of soldiers that passed by seemed to pay no mind to the odd group. One individual however, covered by a dark cloak, walked into view. Upon noticing the group the shadowy figure quickly slipped out of sight and back into the mess of low roofed buildings.
Lucinda Eravyn
 player, 209 posts
 Elf
 Alchemist
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 21:17
Re: Tiro
PM
TheDudeAbides
 GM, 449 posts
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 23:39
Re: Tiro
PM
Lucinda Eravyn
 player, 211 posts
 Elf
 Alchemist
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 01:13
Re: Tiro
PM
TheDudeAbides
 GM, 450 posts
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 02:24
Re: Tiro
PM
Lucinda Eravyn
 player, 212 posts
 Elf
 Alchemist
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 02:59
Re: Tiro
PM
TheDudeAbides
 GM, 452 posts
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 03:10
Re: Tiro
PM
Lucinda Eravyn
 player, 213 posts
 Elf
 Alchemist
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 03:23
Re: Tiro
PM
Lynessa Crescent
 player, 117 posts
 Human
 Fighter
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 03:24
Re: Tiro
Lynessa saw him before any of the others responded. It might have been nothing more than some random passerby who realized he had forgotten something back the way he came, but the way his gaze had seemed to settle on them for a moment and the haste with which he had slipped back into the ground left her feeling a little uneasy.

“Did the rest of you see that,” she asked, clicking her heels against Jasper's ribs to prod him in the direction she had seen the figure slip off. “That man ran off as soon as he noticed us.” Was he watching them? Or, had he been expecting them? She kept Jasper trotting in the same direction and craned her neck trying to catch sight of the dark figure... some flash of his dark cloak or... anything, really...
Devi McCain
 player, 76 posts
 Human
 Caster
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 12:46
Re: Tiro
Devi frowned, looking around her. She hadn't seen anything herself, having been too preoccupied with their plans. But she trusted Lynessa well enough: the woman had a decent head on her shoulders. "I did not but that can't have been accidental. Did you see which way he went? Maybe we should split up and try and intercept him."
Jerischo Elsinoir Addis
 player, 49 posts
 Human
 Bard
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 15:36
Re: Tiro
That. . .Jerischo winced inwardly, even as he saw Lynessa notice the shadowed figure.  Why, oh why couldn't those that didn't want to be noticed do a better job of not being noticed?  Why did they need to seek out the trouble that was trying to avoid them?  That struck him as rather ill-advised.  In fact, borderline suicidal to him.  He continued on his path, pretending to not have seen the shadowy fool.  Ignorance was a strong defense, especially when other legitimately thought he was ignorant.  Best to keep up the act, get themselves a room, maybe even some money.
Lalita Chandra
 player, 137 posts
 Beast-Kin
 Caster
Thu 31 Jul 2014
at 16:00
Re: Tiro
Lalita had indeed noticed the man, however, she wasn't quite shore if it was wise to suddenly split up the group just to chase after them. What if they wanted them to follow? What if it was a trap? Of course,it was posshipble that the women was reading too much into this. Still, they needed to be careful. Wait, careful? Oh cods she was starting to think like a puff fish. Spear it! Who was she squidding? Being careful never got her anywhere before, plus a little chase might be fin!

"He slipped away over there" she announced, pointing towards the direction of where the figure went. "We'll have to be quick if we want to catch him, he probably knows this place a lot better than us. Glub."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:00, Thu 31 July 2014.

Jada
 player, 91 posts
 Beast-Kin
 Monk
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 02:24
Re: Tiro
Jada had of coursed noticed the man's behavior, but thought little of it. This was not the first time someone turned a corner and was frightened upon seeing him. The others seemed to think more of it, but Jada just didn't see what they planned on doing once they found the man. He shook his head as he considered it. "I'll leave this to all of you. I am going to make sure trouble does not find our elf. I don't like how this place smells.."

Dismounting, he began to follow Lucinda's trail, between her and her mount the scents wouldn't be hard to pick out. Did she have a plan to meet back up with the group? It might be hard if their chase takes them across the city.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:47, Fri 01 Aug 2014.

TheDudeAbides
 GM, 462 posts
Wed 27 Aug 2014
at 19:01
Re: Tiro
    The man had vanished from sight into a group of dilapidated houses. Fortunately there are not many places he could have gone, Tiro is not a large town. As the members in pursuit move closer to his last location a strange smell assaults their nostrils; the smell is musty and acrid, almost a sulfur-like scent. Rounding the corner, the group is faced with a collection of five cottages. The windows are boarded shut but smoke curls from the battered chimneys of the three on the left.

PM

PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:29, Wed 27 Aug 2014.

Lucinda Eravyn
 player, 219 posts
 Elf
 Alchemist
Wed 27 Aug 2014
at 21:14
Re: Tiro
PM
Jada
 player, 93 posts
 Beast-Kin
 Monk
Wed 27 Aug 2014
at 21:39
Re: Tiro
PM
TheDudeAbides
 GM, 465 posts
Wed 27 Aug 2014
at 21:47
Re: Tiro
PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:20, Wed 03 Sept 2014.

Lynessa Crescent
 player, 124 posts
 Human
 Fighter
Tue 2 Sep 2014
at 03:32
Re: Tiro
Lynessa followed the mysterious figure into the knot of ramshackle houses. She wasn't sure what she expected to gain from the pursuit, and all things considered her time would probably be better spent mingling in one of the alehouses looking for loose tongues or soldiers whom she felt they could trust. But, the way the stranger had slipped from sight upon seeing them stuck with her. If it turned out to be nothing... well... a little paranoia could be a good thing. Right?

She sniffed the air, and her nose wrinkled at the scent. She'd probably smelled something just like it at one of the alchemist shops in Free Port, though she couldn't identify it. ”Too bad Lucinda isn't here. She'd probably know what it was and where it was coming from just from the scent.” She figured it was probably just a result of whatever was burning in the three cottages.

She dismounted Jasper and sighed. Likely, the shadowy figure had gotten away but, three of these homes appeared to be occupied. Maybe someone had seen which way he went? She approached the farthest home on the left, her right hand curling into a fist to knock on the door...
Lalita Chandra
 player, 140 posts
 Beast-Kin
 Caster
Wed 3 Sep 2014
at 01:50
Re: Tiro
Following behind the swordfish, Lalita looked around the town and made a mental note of all that she saw. You never knew what you might notice amongst a crowd of unique fish. Her head suddenly turned as her nose caught whiff of a strange scent. She covered her nose and taking note of the three tumbledown houses in front of them, guessed that the mysterious figure must of ran into one of them.

She watched as Lynessa dismounted her horse, the fish-kin following suite.

"A house for each of us, huh? Lets play a game! I bet the people in my house will know where our mysterious stranger is!"

She smiled, this group was so serious. They needed to loosen up a bit, enjoy life! Even if they were going to fight the darkness, that only emphasized how important it was to smile at times like these.

Going up to the house in the middle, Lalita waited untilthe swordfish knocked on her door. Then taking in a deep breath, she knocked on the one in front of her. In a way she was little nervous. She didn't know how well these people would take to her, after all, it wasn't every day you had a blue skinned girl knocking at your door step!

"I...reely hope they don't sink me for a shark. Glub." She murmured.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:51, Wed 03 Sept 2014.

TheDudeAbides
 GM, 486 posts
Wed 3 Sep 2014
at 17:19
Re: Tiro
Upon knocking, both Lynessa and Lalita are surprised as the battered doors swing creakily open. The inside of the dilapidated houses are dimly lit by sparse candles placed sporadically throughout the dingy interior. The girls take a step forward into the small broken down houses and look about the rooms. Behind both of the women, the doors slide shut and lock with a 'click'. Devi is left, standing alone, in the streets outside the three houses.

PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:38, Wed 03 Sept 2014.

Lucinda Eravyn
 player, 220 posts
 Elf
 Alchemist
Wed 3 Sep 2014
at 17:32
Re: Tiro
PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:41, Wed 03 Sept 2014.

TheDudeAbides
 GM, 489 posts
Wed 3 Sep 2014
at 19:07
Re: Tiro
PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:22, Wed 03 Sept 2014.

Lucinda Eravyn
 player, 221 posts
 Elf
 Alchemist
Wed 3 Sep 2014
at 19:20
Re: Tiro
PM