The Arcade.   Posted by Game Thread.Group: archive A
Maeve Saorise
 Player, 245 posts
 Circle of the Crone, Grel
 Cult of Morrigan
Mon 25 Aug 2014
at 07:17
Re: The Arcade
She nods, face pensive as she produces her phone from the collection of ruined clothes she'd had.  "I'll have the money dropped off before I leave.  Yngvi, did you have chance in the fight to get a look at the van's plates?"

So saying, she dialled Elizabeth's number.

"Did Thomas make it here alive?  He can arrange for the money if he did."
Karen Lloyd
 Player, 81 posts
 High Priestess of Shadows
 Circle of the Crone
Mon 25 Aug 2014
at 18:39
Re: The Arcade
Rolling up her motorcyle is Karen, looking a bit better than she did the day of the attack. She slips in amongst the crowd of Crones, lowering her shades and listening in.



"Well, it seems like you're all well ahead of me."

Karen waits her turn to see the photo, as the wheels of Kindred justice turn.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:43, Mon 25 Aug 2014.

Yngvi
 Player, 121 posts
 Court Deputy
 Circle of the Crone
Mon 25 Aug 2014
at 20:52
Re: The Arcade
OOC: 1 success on Int+Composure -2 to remember the plates.

"Only just. The fire made us angry, confused," he said, apparently referring to himself and his Beast. He had taken a few gunshots to the face, but it was the emergency flare that loosed the Beast of its bonds. "We watched them escape, the numbers fleeing: XD478"

He bowed his head to Karen and the Maiden as they joined them. "To the pub, then. Let's find us our prey."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:58, Mon 25 Aug 2014.

Rick Chan
 Player, 143 posts
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 03:56
Re: The Arcade
Rick shook his head at Maeve's question. "Thomas never showed up. I do not know his current status. Perhaps you should try contacting him?"

To Yngvi, he said, "That's a good start, we might be able to do something with that. Did you happen to get a make and model too, by any chance? Color? Distinguishing characteristics? The odds are against us, most likely they ditched the vehicle shortly after the attack, but any extra information that you have might help."
Yngvi
 Player, 122 posts
 Court Deputy
 Circle of the Crone
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 07:00
Re: The Arcade
"Black van. Commercial plates," he said, shaking his head as he tried to recall anything else. "Noticeable wear on the tires after peeling out the way they did. Might be able to smell the stink of the flares they lit. Some blood on the floor of the van. You're right, though: they probably scoured the thing and dumped it. And on top of that, I'd bet the vehicle was reported stolen before the attack." There was, of course, the slim chance that it was a loan from a friendly neighborhood proprietor--a front for the Lance in Cleveland. Everything thus far suggested they would be more cautious than that, but then a pack of armed ghouls wasn't exactly cautious.
Maeve Saorise
 Player, 253 posts
 Circle of the Crone, Grel
 Cult of Morrigan
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 07:40
Re: The Arcade
She nods, producing her phone again to check on Thomas.  "If I can't find him Rick, you'll need to trust me and wait.  But you'll get the money by dawn."

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:18, Tue 26 Aug 2014.

Karen Lloyd
 Player, 82 posts
 High Priestess of Shadows
 Circle of the Crone
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 14:55
Re: The Arcade
Yngvi:
OOC: 1 success on Int+Composure -2 to remember the plates.

"Only just. The fire made us angry, confused," he said, apparently referring to himself and his Beast. He had taken a few gunshots to the face, but it was the emergency flare that loosed the Beast of its bonds. "We watched them escape, the numbers fleeing: XD478"

He bowed his head to Karen and the Maiden as they joined them. "To the pub, then. Let's find us our prey."


She lowers her eyes deferentially to her hero. Oh, how she lusted after both him and Maeve. In this arena, she follows their lead.

"Lead on, Hero."
Storyteller
 GM, 177 posts
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 19:40
Re: The Arcade
In reply to Maeve Saorise (msg # 89):

The phone goes straight to voice-mail.
Maeve Saorise
 Player, 255 posts
 Circle of the Crone, Grel
 Cult of Morrigan
Tue 26 Aug 2014
at 19:42
Re: The Arcade
Maeve growled quietly.  "If he's still alive, I may just kill him..  Thomas, get in touch." Hanging up, she looked across to Rick. "If you come with us to the O'Beanna, I'll arrange your payment there."
Rick Chan
 Player, 144 posts
Wed 27 Aug 2014
at 04:13
Re: The Arcade
"Thanks Yngvi," Rick nodded in agreement with the Crone's assessment. "If they were as prepared as you say, I'd be shocked if a search turned up anything useful, but I'll take a stab at it, see if we can get lucky."

Looking over at Maeve after she completed her call, he nodded in understanding. "I hope he's still alive. If I hear from him, I'll let you know. In the meantime, I'll meet you at the O'Beanna. We can conclude our business and move on to our respective next steps from there. Don't forget to take that with you with you leave."

He looked at the remnants of Maeve's meal, pointedly ignoring the fact that it must have been some meal (or something more) to cause the poor girl to end up like she did.
Yngvi
 Player, 126 posts
 Court Deputy
 Circle of the Crone
Thu 28 Aug 2014
at 09:23
Re: The Arcade
"We go," he said, slinging the cocooned dead girl over a shoulder. "We see to the map and the bar. If Hayes is there, we'll see to him as well. See you soon, Mr. Chan."

Yngvi made for the door.
Rick Chan
 Player, 148 posts
Mon 1 Sep 2014
at 04:25
Re: The Arcade
Satisfied that Yngvi would take care of the corpse, Chan had some cleaning supplies brought to the room. He took some time to clean and sterilize the room, then gave orders to a couple of his employees to give it a more thorough cleaning before the regular housekeeping staff could get at it. He wanted no traces of what had happened here, nor any indication of the occupants. Once he was satisfied the room was not a Masquerade breach waiting to happen, he headed over to the O'Beanna.
TheRaconteur
 Storyteller, 6 posts
Tue 4 Nov 2014
at 18:15
Re: The Arcade
Frankie Mendez, one of the security bosses working the Arcade, puts in a call to Rick's private cell line.
Rick Chan
 Player, 177 posts
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 05:01
Re: The Arcade
The prior night had been rather hectic, and Rick wasn't sure what would happen next in the city. He was considering his next moves when the phone rang.

He picked up the phone and got straight to the point. "Hello?"
TheRaconteur
 Storyteller, 10 posts
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 05:14
Re: The Arcade
"Hey Boss, there is some chick here at the bar asking to talk to you.  I guess they sent Robby over to show her the door?  He's back in the break room saying 'he can't go back out there until she leaves.'  At first I thought he was chicken shit or something, but he doesn't look spooked, just confused.  You told me to let you know if anything weird happened, I figured this qualifies."

The name Robby didn't sound familiar, but there had been a few recent hires for security positions.  It was possible he was one of the new goons.
Rick Chan
 Player, 178 posts
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 05:31
Re: The Arcade
"All right Frankie I'm coming down. Thanks for letting me know."

Rick hung up the phone and sighed. Probably a Kindred, although what she wanted with him could be...well, anything really. A well-known figure in the Carthians and the City's Harpy, the possibilities were endless.

Making sure his appearance was immaculate as usual, and he had his usual armament safely stowed on his person just in case things went south, Rick headed down to the bar to see this mysterious woman for himself.

He made it a point to enter through the service entrance just so he could see her before she saw him (hopefully), so he could scope her out and get a better handle on the situation before approaching her. He paid especially close attention to the rest of the room, trying to see if she was alone or if she had brought others with her. He didn't really think she was here looking for trouble, but being cautious was never a bad thing.
TheRaconteur
 Storyteller, 11 posts
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 08:11
Re: The Arcade
The woman was clearly Kindred, though she'd activated the Blush of Life for the night, that much was easy to spot.  Her dark hair was woven into long curls that dipped to the small of her back, adorned with beads that might have been ivory, and might have been bone.  The effect was subtle, not macabre, and worn with the natural ease of long familiarity.  She wore a plain white dress that revealed dark and slender shoulders, simultaneously being neither modest nor immodest, with a torc of silver around her neck engraved with runes.



OOC:  You can roll Int + Politics to recognize her, if you'd like, and a standard Wits + Composure roll to check for backup. 
Rick Chan
 Player, 179 posts
Thu 6 Nov 2014
at 03:58
Re: The Arcade

Will wait for any info before IC posting.

21:57, Today: Rick Chan rolled 1 success using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 9,1,2,3,5. INT + Politics.

21:57, Today: Rick Chan rolled 2 successes using 4d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 6,10(+1),6,10(+5). WIT + COM.

TheRaconteur
 Storyteller, 13 posts
Thu 6 Nov 2014
at 04:10
Re: The Arcade
OOC:  You recognize the Vampire as Lissandra Cigani, an Acolyte of the Circle who vanished from the scene at least twelve years ago.  As far as you know, this is the first anyone has seen of her since then.  The rest of the Crones didn't make too much of a fuss when she went missing, so it had been safe to assume that it was some internal power struggle.

There certainly aren't any other Kindred in the bar, though there is a big guy in a suit in the corner who looks just a little bit too zoned out for how nicely he is dressed.  You'd recognize the tell tale stare of someone whose mind has faced a Lord a few too many times anywhere.  Considering the state of Robby back in the break room, it isn't much of a stretch to make the assumption.

Rick Chan
 Player, 180 posts
Thu 6 Nov 2014
at 04:18
Re: The Arcade
Rick spotted a bodyguard, perhaps a ghoul, watching over the visitor. Someone to pay attention to, but probably nothing to get overly concerned about. Jackson had Rick's back, not to mention the regular security of the club. Unless this was a suicide play, violence was unlikely to happen between them. And it was pretty unlikely Lissandra had reappeared after twelve years just to start a random fight with him.

Approaching the woman from the front so she could see him coming, Rick gave her a friendly smile. Armed with the knowledge that she might be a Lord, he paid extra attention to any possibility that she was attempting to mess with his head. Unlikely, but more probable than violence. If that was her game, he was prepared to respond. For now though, he decided to keep to his usual modus operandi.

As he drew closer, his smile grew warmer, more welcoming. "Ms. Cigani, what a surprise to see you here! To what do I owe the pleasure of your company this evening?"
Lissandra Cigani
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 6 Nov 2014
at 04:41
Re: The Arcade
The Vampire looked up from her notebook, and matched Rick's smile.  Her eyes were golden orbs, luminous and rich, and they complimented the warmth in her smile perfectly.  With a delicacy very unexpected for one of the Circle, she extended a thin wrist and offered him her hand.

"Good evening Mr. Chan, I hope I have not caused offense by entering your territory unannounced, or by compelling your kine security to go take what I am sure is a well deserved break.  I came to offer you an invitation, and given my extended hiatus I had no means of contacting you save in person."

OOC:  Rolling to establish initial impression, one success, so she presents herself favorably.

20:40, Today: Lissandra Cigani rolled 1 success using 7d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 4,1,7,7,9,3,6. Manipulation + Politics + Status (City).

Rick Chan
 Player, 181 posts
Sat 8 Nov 2014
at 07:13
Re: The Arcade
Taking the offered hand, Rick raised it to his lips and lightly kissed her fingertips in greeting. "How could I take offense at a visit from you, Ms. Cigani? Your long absence has not gone unnoticed, and it is good to have you back amongst us once more."

He chuckled softly. "I would appreciate it if you fixed the poor man before you leave though."

Pulling up a chair across from Lissandra, Rick seated himself comfortably, settling in for the conversation to come. "Now then, you mentioned an invitation..." he let the sentence hang in the air between them, letting Lissandra pick up the thread of the conversation from there.


OOC: Rick's nonverbal communication treats her as one who has presented herself favorably. His friendliness and warmth is genuine and welcoming.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:14, Sat 08 Nov 2014.

Lissandra Cigani
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 8 Nov 2014
at 22:32
Re: The Arcade
Lissandra smiled, genuine warmth piercing the protocols of necessity and tradition.

"And such an interesting time to be back within the Dance Macabre.  Fortuitous, is it not?  From the ashes of chaos and blood, change comes, and the Masquerade of Cleveland is certainly no stranger to chaos these nights.

I come not for myself, but as the voice of the divine.  I am here formally to herald the rebirth of an Avatar of the Crone, within her aspect of the Goddess Cybele.  Tonight, at the stroke of midnight, the Goddess Made Flesh will announce her triumphant return.  Given your prominent position within the Movement, it was deemed that a formal invitation should be extended to you and yours.  I am here within my role as herald to personally extend such an invitation."

Rick Chan
 Player, 182 posts
Tue 11 Nov 2014
at 04:36
Re: The Arcade
"No stranger to chaos..." Rick's voice trailed off into a bemused smile. "That would be one way of putting it."

A slight shake of his head indicated a refocusing of the mind. "Thank you very much for the invitation. Is it intended for me alone, or for all members of the Movement? And please forgive my ignorance, but can you explain a little more about the Goddess Cybele? Particularly what would be expected of visitors attending such an event? I would not want anyone to offend the Circle."
Lissandra Cigani
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 11 Nov 2014
at 18:38
Re: The Arcade
OOC:  Things Rick would probably know:

The Disciples of Cybele were once a powerful faction within the Crone, one that competed with the Cult of Morrigan for dominance within the Circle.  The Disciples were founded by a powerful practitioner of Crúac, the self styled Goddess Made Flesh  Nicolette Constata.  Rick would remeber Nicolette from before the purge.  She had been a firebrand of an Acolyte, a beautiful force of nature even by Daeva standards.  Nicolette fashioned herself a living avatar of a manifestation of the Crone within her aspect as the Goddess Cybele, and had built a not inconsiderable cult of personality around that belief.  The Lady Crow found Nicolette's divine posturing heretical, as well as a direct threat to the supremacy of the Cult of Morrigan, and openly opposed the rival faction within the Circle.  Playing the game of politics well, Maeve rose in the Mayor's favor after the Purge.  Nicolette went into hiding, and most of the Disciples either went underground, converted to the Cult of Morrigan, or merely kept their practices to themselves.  It was rumored that Nicollete might have grown detached from her followers, and retreated into Topor.  If that is true, then her Potency might be much reduced from what it once was.



"The invitation is extended to all, it was merely determined that for one of your standing in the Movement, a more personal invitation was proper.  Nothing would be expected of those in attendance but to obey the normal laws of the City, and bare witness to the rebirth of the Children of Cybele."