RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to Digital Whispers

01:41, 22nd May 2024 (GMT+0)

Lavender Farm.

Posted by OmegaFor group 0
Omega
GM, 9 posts
The beginning &
The end
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 18:08
  • msg #1

Lavender Farm

The sweet scent is everywhere. Bees zoom around the lavender bushes, and you can see people in nearby fields tending to new plants. Farm hands with tools come and go from each of the fields. Tourists are headed in tours, and alone through the farm itself and back and forth from a set of buildings on one side.  A new tour is starting and people are congregating near a man with a dark purple shirt and the word "Guide" printed on the front and back. Beneath all of it, beneath the crying and the humming, the giggles of children, the tourists taking photos, the guides and their monotone voices, you hear it... the sound that haunts most Demons: Infrastructure. The God-machine is here. He might even be watching.


This message was last edited by the GM at 20:35, Sun 20 July 2014.
Omega
GM, 15 posts
The beginning &
The end
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 20:35
  • msg #2

Re: Lavender Farm

Everyone exits the bus, and in the throng of people, the smartphone man is lost. You see farmhands with the strange tattoo on their necks aplenty, and guides and tourist, but the smartphone man is nowhere to be found.
Mr. Right
player, 22 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 20:49
  • msg #3

Re: Lavender Farm

"The farmhands are all in on it. Looks at their necks. That blue triangle. I sense Infrastructure. Let's join the tour group while we look at it. Unless anyone's getting cold feet," Right says in German, banking on it being obscure enough to be hidden, but normal enough not to raise suspicion.

He falls in with the tour group forming up, and seeks to avail himself of a map, brochure or other informational reading material.

He has no idea what's going on here. It's not really the Machine's style to lead demons to Infrastructure, yet their cover is obviously and blatantly blown, and they followed the phone man to the site. He cannot make any sense of it. However, when information does not suffice, he always falls back on his default plan: suborn or destroy the Infrastructure.

He makes a mental note to observe where the tour group goes and specifically does not go. His instincts tell him the processing plant is going to be where they want to be.
This message was last edited by the player at 20:49, Sun 20 July 2014.
Omega
GM, 16 posts
The beginning &
The end
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 20:57
  • msg #4

Re: Lavender Farm

The tour leads you through the processing plant first, showing off the different machinery and users of lavender.  Lucella is smiling broadly, clearly allowing herself to enjoy the tour.  Mr. Truth hangs at the back of the group, watching quietly from beneath his hat which casts shadows on his eyes.  Within the processing plant, the tour guide leads you around the big vats which boil the lavender for soap making, and she hands each of you a complimentary soap in the shape of a swan.  Lucella draws it to her nose and breathes it in deeply, winking at you with a grin. "The only item we do not make within this processing plant is essential oil from the lavender which requires heating the lavender to a much higher temperature.  For that particular type of production, we ship the lavender out to one of our chemical labs in Port Angeles city itself where it gets produced and bottled with sophisticated machinery."
Mr. Right
player, 23 posts
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 21:03
  • msg #5

Re: Lavender Farm

The mention of an off-site processing facility immediately interests Right, who says nothing but adds it to his list of potential targets. He makes sure to stay mostly with the group, but he's equally sure to wander just enough to expand the scope of his senses to anywhere he could conceivably be without arousing undue suspicion.

He looks to Truth and Lucella, making sure that neither of them are distressed or discover anything. With uncharacteristic grace, he drops the complimentary swan soap into his suit pocket. It could be used, analyzed, as some sort of clue about the purpose of the infrastructure, perhaps. Failing that, he could put it on his desk. Yes, a collection of mementos of all the infrastructure he's destroyed sounds like an excellent idea.

Caution gets the better of him again. Leave no evidence. If the Machine doesn't know he's involved, no reason to clue It in should his Bolthole ever be discovered.

He continues to follow the tour group, hoping to catch a glimpse of any structure, enclosed, or otherwise private area the group seems to be steered away from.
Omega
GM, 17 posts
The beginning &
The end
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 21:09
  • msg #6

Re: Lavender Farm

The tour guide continues onto the tour, with a pit stop at the gift shop.  Here they sell lavender bushels, lavender perfume, lavender soap, t-shirts with pictures of the farm, pretty white dresses with lavender flowers, beautiful figurines with Victorian women holding umbrellas and lavender, glass structures such as pretty crystalline pyramids with lavender etched into the sides, and even lavender printed furniture such as lamps and couches.

Mr. Truth stays outside, preferring not to enter the store. Lucella squeals in delight as she inspects every item with the group.  Finally, the tour moves onto the fields, with a fascinating discourse on the different types of lavender, and the age of some of the fields.  At one point in the tour, the guide points out the newest tilled filed, to the south, where some imported lavender from France is to be grown.  That's when you know.  Off the beaten track, past a line of trees, where a few farmhands seem to be working, the new field is the infrastructure. You can feel it with every fiber of your being, and so can the others who have frozen in shock, though no shock appears on their stoic faces.
Mr. Right
player, 24 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 00:30
  • msg #7

Re: Lavender Farm

"Cover me, run interference if you have to." Right instructs his compatriots. He takes a moment to download knowledge. Sniper field manuals, commando training,  recollections of cat burglars and more flood into his consciousness. He remembers how to move quietly, how to track lines of sight, and how to pick the right moment to make a move. He slinks off into the lavender fields, in the direction of the Infrastructure, ducking between plants to remain unseen by the branded farmhands.

Get in. Find the linchpin. Destroy it if possible. Get out.


20:22, Today: Mr. Right rolled 2 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s. Stealthing the violet fields.
20:21, Today: Mr. Right rolled 3 successes using 7d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s. Downloading Stealth.
20:21, Today: Mr. Right rolled 1 success using 6d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s. Downloading computers again.
20:20, Today: Mr. Right failed (no successes) using 6d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s. Download Knowledge Computer.

Sign In