Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)   Posted by Aldon Wolfcrag.Group: 0
Aldon Wolfcrag
 player npc, 3 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2015
at 20:29
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
You walk in from the street to find a comfortable but decently sized shop. Display cases exhibit weapons of various types, shapes, and sizes. Occasional mannequins are spread around the back third bearing a variety of armor. Your eyes scan the merchandise, but none are quite as exquisite as a gold colored mannequin in the back wearing a stunning suit of black studded leather. The armor is well oiled, and clearly a cut above the rest.

Upon seeing you enter the shop, a young man approaches. "Most of what you see in the store is for display purposes only. We take orders for all kinds of metalwork, though. We also have a deal with the carpenters down the street. So, we can cover orders for bows as well, and take care of all your weapon or armor needs in one place."

"We also offer rental services, if you'd rather be more hands-on. You can rent out time in our workshops to craft what you will. You'll need to provide your own materials of course, but the tools are top of the line. Also, for an additional fee, our master craftsman will work with you on your project. Not only will you benefit from his expertise, but you'll also get more work done with two pairs of hands."

"So, feel free to look around, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help."
He steps back to the counter, waiting and eager to help.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:07, Mon 21 Sept 2015.

Aridon Tink
 player, 199 posts
 Gnome Wizard
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 21:39
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Aridon enters the shop, looking curiously at the display cases. When the young man approaches, Aridon listen to the spiel, then answers:

"I am looking to rent a workshop, and possibly pay for some extra help while I craft a weapon. Is anyone available to help for the coming week ?"
Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 105 posts
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 02:44
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
The clerk smiles and nods his head, "We have some fine workshop space available to rent. Would you like the tools included, or prefer to use your own? And how long would you be wanting to rent the space for, the whole week or just certain days?"

As he talks, he pulls out a book from behind the counter and leafs to a page where he begins skimming with his finger. "As for help, we have some fine craftsmen here. I know the boss has two big orders in right now that he's working on, but he should be able to make a few days available to help if you need to start right away. When he's not available, one of our other craftsmen will certainly be able to help. If you would like to discuss it in more detail, I can send someone to find him."
Aridon Tink
 player, 201 posts
 Gnome Wizard
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 11:08
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
"I would like to use your tools as well as your workshop, if I may. And I would like to rent by the day: I will need as long as it takes to complete my project, which I estimate to be one week, but my estimate might be off, and I might be interrupted and have to set the project aside for a time. I can and want to start right away.

It is quite important to me that I make the weapon myself, but I do not have to make it alone, and any help that would let me do it faster would be welcome. Please, if you can ask your boss about when he might be available, or if other craftsmen might be, that would help."


OOC: as discussed in PM, the goal is to craft a masterwork weapon, and I have one week of downtime before my next adventure. With help or good rolls, I might just manage it. If not, I can at least make a start and finish later.
Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 108 posts
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 22:05
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
The clerk waves another employee over and send him running. A short while later, Aldon walks into the shop with a smile. "Good day, sir. I hear you're interested in working together over the next few days? It's always a pleasure to work with other fine craftsmen. I'm afraid I'm in the middle of something today, but I'll be able to start bright and early in the morning. Do you have your own materials, or will you need to purchase some?"
Aridon Tink
 player, 202 posts
 Gnome Wizard
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 23:45
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
"I'll need to purchase the materials, too. Can you handle that for me ? Oh, and could we talk price ? My purse is, I am afraid, not bottomless."
Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 109 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2015
at 03:16
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Aldon grins and nods his head, "That happens to the best of us. Of course, a weapon that takes that long to finish, it sounds like you're looking to make it pretty high quality, and that is not cheap."  He rubs his chin trying to remember something. "Last time I did that, I think the materials ran about 116 gold. I can send someone out to get them right now, but we'll need the money. As for the rest, renting the space'll be 5 gold per day. Assistants will be extra. You can have one of my men for 1 gold per day, or I can help for 4 gold per day. I should mention, though, that I have another project taking up my time over the next week and a half. So, I can only give you four days at most for now. If you can wait till the end of the week, I'd be available for a whole week."
Aridon Tink
 player, 204 posts
 Gnome Wizard
Sat 21 Nov 2015
at 11:55
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
"All right then, I'll take advantage of every day you can give me, and your assistant when you aren't available. By my count, that will make a total of 170 gp between the materials and the space and help. Here they are."

Aridon counts 170 gp and hands them over to Aldon.
Stray
 proprietor, 102 posts
 Stray's Courier Services
 Swift and Sure!
Tue 24 Nov 2015
at 02:10
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Stray entered the workshop at a brisk walk, an aromatic sack of what could only be fresh baked goods and confectionaries on his shoulder.

Seeing that the man was busy negotiating with another, he waited at a distance, obviously intending to deliver to the man himself but not wishing to intrude on other business.  It simply didn't do for couriers to interfere with their clientele's business, certainly not if they wished to keep said clientele.
Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 110 posts
Wed 25 Nov 2015
at 01:23
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Aldon takes the coins and drops them into a pouch, "Thanks. I look forward to working with you, and we'll have the forge ready for you in the morning. Let us know if there's anything more we can do." Turning to his clerk, he hands the pouch over along with a list of materials which the clerk writes down. Once finished, he reads it back to confirm and heads out onto the street to procure the necessary items.

His business done, Aldon bids Aridon a good day (assuming there was nothing more). Noticing Stray standing over to one side, he motions the young courier over as Aridon leaves. "Good day to you. What can I do for you?"
Stray
 proprietor, 105 posts
 Stray's Courier Services
 Swift and Sure!
Wed 25 Nov 2015
at 02:10
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Stray grinned and handed the parcel over to Aldon.  "Special delivery, the sweets you ordered," he said, handing over the invoice as well.


As soon as the parcel changed hands, a tall, lanky boy walked in and up to Stray, whispering something in his ear.

Stray nodded to the boy, then turned back to Aldon. "Business calls," he continued, his eyes suddenly weary.  "If you need aught else, feel free to reach out."  He grinned and waved, leaving without delay; the silent boy did not leave as quickly, waiting as though there might be more that needs done after all.
Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 112 posts
Wed 25 Nov 2015
at 03:04
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Aldon continues reading the invoice over, nodding to Stray over the paper as he leaves. He finishes and takes a long, deep sniff of the parcel. Untying the top, he lets the aroma waft out into the shop. "Now that's what I'm talking about."

Turning back to the young boy, Aldon fishes a coin out of his pocket and tosses it over to him. The gold glint flashes in the sun's rays coming in through the window as the coin flips end over end through the air.

"Pass that on to Stray along with my thanks. I think this is just what I needed today. I'm sorry he had to run off before I could thank him myself."
Stray
 proprietor, 109 posts
 Stray's Courier Services
 Swift and Sure!
Wed 25 Nov 2015
at 22:16
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
The boy  caught the coin and, with a grin, turned on his heel and left the shop.
Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 122 posts
Wed 2 Dec 2015
at 02:21
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
One of the assistants from Mystical Memories comes in just as Silent leaves. Hurrying over to Aldon, he quickly relays his message before leaving to return to his shop. Aldon rubs his chin, considering something quietly before turning to leave.
Jahi Penman
 proprietor, 165 posts
 Scrolls, Translations
 Maps and Magic
Wed 9 Dec 2015
at 09:37
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
One of Jahi's footmen arrive, looking for Aldon.
Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 138 posts
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 00:54
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Aldon pushes open the door and walks in in a rush. Quickly scanning the store to see how it's doing, he does a double take as he recognizes the footman as being from Jahi's. Though clearly hurrying to get things done, he steps over to speak with the man.

"Hello. I assume from the lack of interest in my wares that you are here with a message rather than to shop. What can I do for you?"
Jahi Penman
 proprietor, 168 posts
 Scrolls, Translations
 Maps and Magic
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 09:19
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
"Jahi has asked me to tell you that he has found a treatment, that can combat your fadeing phases." the man says in a toneless voice, although his eyes appear to be scanning Aldon's face for signs of illness.
Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 139 posts
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 20:26
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Aldon breathes a sigh of relief and grins at the apparent breakdown in communication, "Excellent! You can tell your master I will let the client know right away. My guess is he will head over to your shop soon."

After seeing the footman out, Aldon walks back into the workshop. He quietly strolls around, looking over everyone's work and giving pointers where he can. It doesn't take long, as this wasn't really what he was there for. Ending in the private forge area, he raps on the wall and calls out, "Aridon, I have news."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:48, Fri 18 Dec 2015.

Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 145 posts
Tue 22 Dec 2015
at 02:21
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
The side doors leading to Mystical Memories are thrown open, and one of that store's employees sprints through in a panic followed by a tremendous crash. Seconds later, a pair of customers locked in an epic beatdown tumble through the open doors, slamming into a stand of polearms and sending the weapons toppling to the ground. The cacophony created empties the store of patrons as smiths from the back come rushing out.

The two are soon pulled apart physically and restrained just as Aldon rushes in from elsewhere. His eyes quickly look around the room, taking in the mess made of his weapons displays, following the path of destruction back to Mystical Memories. His eyes become much larger then, and his mouth falls open, "What in the name of all that's good is happening here?!?" Seeing the two held by his smiths, Aldon runs a hand through his hair as his brow furroughs, "Alright. Let them go. Will the two of you tell me what this is about, or do we really need to call for the watch?"

The smiths release their captives, but a few stay fairly close at hand as the others return to work, watching to make sure their boss and their livelihood are not further harmed.
DM
 GM, 863 posts
Tue 22 Dec 2015
at 02:56
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)


The two men refuse to look at one another and only answer Aldon in mumbled voices.  Finally one mentions that his mother was a well-loved woman and she deserves an apology.  The other man answers, "I'm sorry, friend.  You're right she was well-loved... by half of the Valarez fishermen every night."

The two start shouting at one another again, but do not make any moves to start brawling again.
Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 149 posts
Tue 22 Dec 2015
at 03:56
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Aldon makes a conscious effort not to laugh, or even smile, at the well timed comeback. He takes two deep breaths to make sure his composure will remain intact. Seeing his store is no longer under threat of being manhandled, he takes a third for good measure and tries to make sense of what they are shouting. Deciding he's heard enough, he holds up his hands and raises a voice used to shouting over the din of a full and active forge, "Quiet! Alright, better now. From what I can gather, sir, your mother, may her spirit rest in peace, is no longer with us. And for whatever reason, this gentleman chose to insult her memory. Being the dutiful son you are, you acted to defend her honor resulting in the two of you wrestling on top of sharp pointy objects, namely weapons of various types. Does that pretty much cover it?"

"And you, sir."
He turns to look at the other one, giving the first time to calm down and both of them time to think about what he just said. "This gentleman's mother, regardless of your feelings where she is concerned, is no longer here to be hurt by your words. Which means, the only one you can hurt is this poor man... until you decide to throw each other around on top of very sharp blades, and daggers, and arrows, and axes, and..." He glances around the floor of the weapons shop, drawing the two men's attention to the scattering of such weapons as were just listed off, as well as a few others, to emphasize his point.

"Now. Emotions are high, obviously, but such injuries as you might receive here with careless actions will only make things worse for both of you. Please, remaining calm can you tell me why you've chosen my shop as a good place to disrespect his dead mother?"
DM
 GM, 870 posts
Tue 22 Dec 2015
at 13:44
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Both men look down at their feet like shamed children.

Give me a diplomacy check please.

Aldon Wolfcrag
 proprietor, 152 posts
Thu 24 Dec 2015
at 04:02
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
Seeing the effect his words had on the two, Aldon felt sorry for them. Thinking maybe there was a lot more going on then he had guessed, he tries to quickly come up with a different approach. "Alright, maybe I was a bit harsh there. I didn't mean to brow beat you. Just wanted you to think about things, and maybe figure out a little more of what's goin' on to see if maybe I can help."

Hoping his words would lift their spirits, as he never wanted to kick men when they were down (and it doesn't get much lower than having a loved one pass away), Aldon tries to add a little friendliness to his tone and reaches into a pocket. "Tell you what. Surely you two have been companions, if not friends, in the past. Why don't you both head over to O'Malley's and have a good drink together on me. Try to put this behind you." He hands a gold piece over to the one who lost his mother. "Afterwards, maybe swing by another store on your way home and pick something up to remember the good woman by."
DM
 GM, 892 posts
Thu 24 Dec 2015
at 04:34
Business: Wolf's Wares (Weapons, Armor, Workshop Rentals)
The two men grumble, but leave the store without further damage.  You hear one of them mention heading over to O'Malley's for that drink, while the other says he needs to stop at Hoofers first.

OOC - You successful remove the brawl from your store.  Not a spectacular success, but still a success.