Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels/temple of The Mother)   Posted by Tanda Brightflower.Group: 0
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 389 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Mon 18 Apr 2016
at 10:34
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
Tanda's fellow proprietor turns his head and looks to be in thought.

"Ethereal vermin, interesting.  Unless something mutated the rats, changed them.., I will add that as a possibility. Do you recall if there was a location to where this man was bitten?

Was it located near the dragon or elsewhere
?"
Tanda Brightflower
 proprietor, 132 posts
 Welcome to Hoofers
Mon 18 Apr 2016
at 10:51
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"The creature is called an Ethereal Rat. They've been spotted in the sewers, and occasionally on the shore of the river around the South Third. They have the ability to phase into both the Ethereal and Material planes at will. They carry something called an ethereal poison, but it doesn't act like a poison in the strictest medical sense. It acts more like a curse... it causes a victim to wholly or partially phase into the ethereal plane. A wizard named Aridon Tink encountered three in the sewers. He said they glowed, and were as big as dogs. They bit him several times, and infected him with the poison. But I believe he's all right now" Tanda recalls.
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 390 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Mon 18 Apr 2016
at 11:04
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
Aeos takes out a small thin book and takes a pen to write some notes.

"The South Third, that might fit. Tink, Arlon, yes I think I have heard his name mentioned,  a gnome yes?

Any unusal attacks or lost or scared off animals near the river? Anything strange sightings of Aquatic creatures
?"
Tanda Brightflower
 proprietor, 138 posts
 Welcome to Hoofers
Wed 27 Apr 2016
at 05:34
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"Aside from the hippocamus I'm raising? Not that I've heard of. You might check with Velkarah. She knows much more about exotic and rare animals than I do. I'm just skilled at raising them. And yes, Aridon is a gnome." Tanda answers.
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 420 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Wed 27 Apr 2016
at 11:37
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
There is a sound of shocking excitement, "A hippocampus? How... where are you raising it? You can not be raising it here, it would need salt water, and plenty of seaweed."

Aeos takes a moment to compose himself, wait for answers to questions asked.

After answers, "My apologies, yes, Aridon Tink.

I was planning to visit Velkarah, I thought it best to ask you, thinking that you might have more of an ear to oddities and strange happenings to domesticated animals, those might stand out more to you than someone how deals with the exotic on a daily basis
."
Tanda Brightflower
 proprietor, 140 posts
 Welcome to Hoofers
Wed 27 Apr 2016
at 19:56
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
Tanda smiles, and crooks a finger at Aeos. "Come with me, you darling man." She leads him to the grotto hatchery she set up for the egg, letting him see that the egg is indeed in an environment designed to nurture the baby creature. "It will be quite comfortable. I do my research."
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 421 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Wed 27 Apr 2016
at 22:15
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
Aeos flushes a little with excitement, and follows, speaking as they walk.

"As a boy I would see herds of Hippocampus, they seemed would and untamed, yet, the mariners I heard tales from often told stories of how Hippocampus would come to sailors in the waters, and allow them to grab on, then take them to shallows and safety.

They say thee is an old bond between Men and Hippocampus, I do not know its origin, and have heard plenty of stories were Hippocampus attack longboats coming ashore.

A few times I was allowed up on deck, I would see them racing alongside, keeping pace with the bow crest. One of the happiest memories I have.

To see one here, someone must really trust your skills
."

Aeos marvels at the egg and takes in the grotto.

"How many years until maturity?  Seven, eight?"
Tanda Brightflower
 proprietor, 141 posts
 Welcome to Hoofers
Wed 27 Apr 2016
at 23:11
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"About 70 months to full maturity, I believe. I'm seeing to the hatching and nurturing during its first three or so months, until its first molting/shedding. Thereafter another will care for it." Tanda answers.
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 422 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Wed 27 Apr 2016
at 23:23
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"I am a little envious.

If it were me, I would have trouble. Well, congratulations are in order.

When is he due
?"
Tanda Brightflower
 proprietor, 142 posts
 Welcome to Hoofers
Wed 27 Apr 2016
at 23:27
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"From my examinations, about 6 to 12 days until it hatches. If I see the first signs of it, would you like me to send a boy with word of it to your establishment? In case you wanted to see it." Tanda answers. "In addition to tending, I'm probably the best animal doctor in the city."
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 423 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Thu 28 Apr 2016
at 00:09
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"I would be grateful.  Six days you say?  That should give me plenty of time for my trip.

I am off to Craw and that should only take about three days.

I would very much enjoy the chance to be present for the birth. Please send a runner, any hour, day or night
."
DM
 GM, 1387 posts
Thu 28 Apr 2016
at 00:18
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
PM
Tanda Brightflower
 proprietor, 143 posts
 Welcome to Hoofers
Thu 28 Apr 2016
at 00:21
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"You know, now that I think on it... I've heard of some recent attacks on sheep and farmhands on the outer farms in the northeast, right on the edge of the Amber Woods.  The bodies were found burnt beyond recognition and some have suggested this was not a creature at all but the result of a person" the redhead recalls.
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 424 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Thu 28 Apr 2016
at 00:27
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"Have you examined any of these sheep, is there something you know that might lead you to believe it was not due to a person?"
Tanda Brightflower
 proprietor, 144 posts
 Welcome to Hoofers
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 23:51
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"Actually, no. I wish I had the time to discover for myself. I'm fairly adept at animal doctoring and detection of the unusual. Perhaps I should be offering my services to the guard for such situations. Although I doubt they have time on their hands to investigate animal mutilations. Still, it might also serve to increase the influence of the mercantile community with the guard. Something to think about, certainly..." Tanda muses aloud.
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 430 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Sat 30 Apr 2016
at 07:27
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"Well, then, I know a good idea when I her it.

If you have a cart I could borrow? Big enough for a sheep carcass, I will go and retrieve it, bring it here for you to examine.

You can pass on your professional opinion to the guard, should it be warranted.

it might bear some clue for my investigation
."
Tanda Brightflower
 proprietor, 145 posts
 Welcome to Hoofers
Sat 30 Apr 2016
at 07:55
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
Tanda brings out one of her carts, a draft horse, and the bit, bridle, and binding traces needed. "Your one-stop shop for transportation needs" she quips. "By all means, fetch the body. I'll prep my examination room for an autopsy."
Aeos Foldstone
 proprietor, 431 posts
 Proprietor: Black Liquor
 In libris libertas
Sat 30 Apr 2016
at 08:57
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
Aeos makes a light arc of a bow, "I will return shortly."

After making sure he understands the directions to the farm, Aeos sits and then prompts the horse to head out.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:33, Sat 30 Apr 2016.

Poppy Pleasance
 NPC, 1 post
Sun 1 May 2016
at 06:26
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
The young gnome almost skips into the stables looking about herself with interest.   She is dressed in what are clearly her best clothes and she has a young cat laid across her shoulders a bit like a stole or a short scarf, and her eyes dart around the place as she marks a number of familiar sights and smells.

"I'm looking for Miss Brightflower." she announces to which even member of staff is closest.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:18, Tue 03 May 2016.

Tanda Brightflower
 proprietor, 148 posts
 Welcome to Hoofers
Sun 1 May 2016
at 14:21
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
The young boy disappears into the back. A few baas and assorted animal noises erupt as he passed their enclosures. A few minutes pass, and a redheaded petite elf enters the shop front. "I'm Tanda Brightflower. What can I do for you, young lady? My, what a lovely feline."
Poppy Pleasance
 NPC, 2 posts
Sun 1 May 2016
at 15:53
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"She's lazy and likes it when I do all the hard work." Poppy replies as she reaches up to scratch behind the cat's ear.  The cat stretches slightly the rubs her head against the hand, for a moment or two, before batting it away.

"Jahi sent me. He said he I was to come over here and help you out with some magical things.  But he didn't tell me what it was you wanted me to do." The young gnomes answers innocently as she looks around.
DM
 GM, 1408 posts
Tue 3 May 2016
at 01:07
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
PMs
Tanda Brightflower
 proprietor, 149 posts
 Welcome to Hoofers
Tue 3 May 2016
at 09:27
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
"I have a large grotto I am consyructing. I have an altar and a statue to the Mother that I am moving into it. It'll have room for visitors and devotions. I was looking for someone to consecrate and bless the ground I am building the Temple on. That, or somehow open a deific channel to the place if it can be done" the elf lady requests.
Poppy Pleasance
 NPC, 3 posts
Tue 3 May 2016
at 12:16
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
Poppy nods as the task is explained to her.  "Once I have seen the site, I will ask guidance of the Mother and then place Her Mark in all of the proper places.  That will establish that the buildings, and their grounds, are permanently dedicated to her.  You could choose to have them as visible or invisible marks - or even a combination of each."

The gnome says cheerfully as she scratches Gweeba's ears.  "Mind you, I won't be able to do them all at once, so it will take a few days when we get started."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:29, Tue 03 May 2016.

DM
 GM, 1412 posts
Wed 4 May 2016
at 02:27
Business: Hoofers (stable/kennels)
PM