004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)   Posted by Loremaster.Group: 0
Ulfaar
 player, 55 posts
 Man of the Lake
 Bowyer
Sun 5 Jun 2016
at 23:26
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Grabbing a few arrows from his quiver Ulfaar sticks them in the ground in front of him, and nocks one and takes a draw.  "Well my comrades what be it fight or flee?"
Bern Asheye
 player, 442 posts
 END 28/12 Weary
 Hope 15/11
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 06:21
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Bern take a step toward the rider lifting his spear in the air "You are not welcomed here! back to the shadow that begat you!" he shouts at the thing.
Dinaethion
 player, 47 posts
 High-elf scholar,
 artificer & smith
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 21:08
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
"Your earthly raiment avails you not against eyes which see the unseen," says the Noldo, leveling his great spear at the fiend. "This spear I bore throughout the War of the Last Alliance, even to the very Battle of Dagorlad. Mark it well, Úlairë."
Andwise Rumble
 player, 442 posts
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 09:14
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
@LM,
Loremaster
 GM, 1495 posts
 Fate
 Hope
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 09:59
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
As Ulfaar prepares his arrows, the Viglunding warriors glance at him, and move their hands to their weapons.

Bern steps forward and shouts at the rider to be gone, while Dinaethion calls out that he can truly see the rider's guise.
One spear is raised to the sky, the other leveled at the rider.

The Older Brother spins towards those two:  "What?  What are you doing?!".
Meanwhile, the rider, hissing - a rather non-human hiss - knees its horse, and starts to turn to make its way back up the hill, warily looking over its shoulder, scanning the people below.
So, the Older Brother turns to the rider to the rider:  "Wait...".

Just then, you hear a scream, and turn to see, near some cages, none other than Andwise, who just stabbed a Viglunding warrior who was squatting down, looking up at the rider.
Two other Viglundings, obviously surprised, stand beside the hurt man, near the cages.
The stabbed man falls to his knees.

___________
Viglunding - hit for 5 END

Andwise Rumble
 player, 443 posts
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 10:46
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
As the Viglunding collapses, Andwise grabs a squirming bundle and turns to run, "Beware, they have the missing child from the inn, we swore to find"
Loremaster
 GM, 1496 posts
 Fate
 Hope
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 11:15
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
As Andwise turns to run, and calls out, with his bundle in hand, all look around, and see what is going on.

Then...

The Viglunding Andwise hit, grabs his spear and gets up.
The two Viglunding beside him, both throw their spears at Andwise...

On the hill, the Dark Rider spins his horse back, and lets out a scream, looking down at Andwise:   "Stop!", he glances around, checking which way to move.

The other Viglunding look to the two brothers to see what to do.
The Older Brother sees and hears Andwise, and turns to Bern:  "One of yours?!  You attack your Hosts!".  He seems furious, but still able to hold to the tenets of hospitality, and has not tried to strike you.

OOC:  Andwise attacked from surprise (surprise action) and then, as all reacted to the scream, and turned to see what was happening, Andwise grabbed something (his action while all reacted, since he knew what was going on).
Now, we move into Combat, so can you all (who wish) please roll for Combat as you look around and try to gain some advantage, then declare what you wish to do, if it is fighting, state your Stance and make your roll, if you believe it will involve some skill (Stealth, Athletics, Awe...) please make your roll too (we can always change the roll etc., but his will probably gain time).
Since "you" initiated the fight, the opponents get to go first--  but most are waiting to see what is happening.

___________
Andwise -
Berangar
Bern
Bés
Dinaethion
Kemendil
Shalronel
Ulfaar

Viglunding 1 - hit for 5 END - stands up
Viglunding 2 - threw spear ]
Viglunding 3 - threw spear]

Bern Asheye
 player, 444 posts
 END 28/12 Weary
 Hope 15/11
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 11:54
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Bern turn toward the elder brother spear turned toward him his fury burning bright and strong "Is this true? have your kind degraded into kidnapping innocent babes to have the shadow feast upon?"

He shook his head "Call your men off, we will not break your hospitality but if anyone dare to interfere with the halfing or the child non of you will remain alive to tell of your sins."

OOC:
Me think this is an awe check???
14:53, Today: Bern Asheye rolled a total of 19: a success (same result if weary) using the The One Ring with a target of 14 with rolls of 9 (Feat Die), 1, 4, 5.  Awe.

Bes, child of Balin
 player, 462 posts
 Dwarf Warden
 Tinker & Trader
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 19:35
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Bés grips her long-hafted axe in both hands and moves to place herself between Andwise and any who would pursue him. "Leave off your folly, men of Viglund, else I'll give you reason to regret it."



15:13, Today: Bes, child of Balin rolled a total of 16: a great success (same result if weary) using the The One Ring with a target of 14 with rolls of 8 (Feat Die), 6, 2.  Combat Advantage (Battle). That's two bonus dice for moi. Didn't even need my Stiff Neck bonus.

15:32, Today: Bes, child of Balin rolled a total of 9 (9 if weary): a failure using the The One Ring with a target of 14 with rolls of 5 (Feat Die), 4.  Give Men Pause (Awe). +4 for Stiff Neck makes it a 13, so very close. Will spend Hope if Bern's success with Awe is not enough.

Dinaethion
 player, 48 posts
 High-elf scholar,
 artificer & smith
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 21:00
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
"Your task here has failed, Úlairë! Begone," Dinaethion grimly tells the Ringwraith, interposing himself between Rider and the company, "or face the wrath of a son of Gondolin!"



16:42, Today: Dinaethion rolled a total of 14: a success (same result if weary) using the The One Ring with a target of 14 with rolls of 5 (Feat Die), 4, 5.  Combat advantage. One bonus die for D.
16:43, Today: Dinaethion rolled a total of 5 (1 if weary): a failure using the The One Ring with a target of 14 with rolls of 1 (Feat Die), 3, 1.  Awe. Damn. I should have invoked Grim for an automatic success. Can I spend that bonus die now? I stand a 83% chance of getting close enough that an attribute bonus will bump me above 14.
Loremaster
 GM, 1503 posts
 Fate
 Hope
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 03:40
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Round 1

Andwise, holding the child, simply runs for it, bursting into the open and making straight for his companions, not taking time to look around or assess the terrain.
The two spears thrown by the Viglunding miss - one barely passing over his head, having the Hobbit thank his parents for not having fed him too much soup, which would have made him taller, and, thus, maybe dead! - as their target simply dashes off.

OOC: gave you Rearward TN12 for running off, plus your Parry of 4 for 16 total- best Spear roll was 15

As the other fellows look around, assessing the situation, they see that Andwise is about half way to them.

Shalronel slips her bow off her back, and steps up beside Ulfaar, who has his arrows at ready.

Kemendil pulls his hood over his head...  and, when you look back, seems to have slipped off into the night, or some such thing, for you do not see him standing where he was.


Bern turns towards the elder brother and threatens him with his spear, calling him to let them leave with the child...  and his words carry much weight, as the helm he wears makes Bern appear lordly.

OOC:  Bern rolled a 19, but remember that you "enjoy a free bonus of 2 x Wisdom to all Awe rolls" from the Helm--  thus a very high TN (but only a simple success).


Bés, long-hafted axe in both hands, moves towards Andwise - who is racing towards the group - and covers half the remaining distance to the Hobbit, calling out to the three Viglunding Andwise just fled, summoning Dwarven resolve to make her voice carry:  "Leave off your folly, men of Viglund, else I'll give you reason to regret it."
Her grim demeanor gives weight to her words.

OOC:  used a point of Hope to make it a success - since not aimed at the same person/people as Bern.


As for Dinaethion, he takes a few steps, so as to be facing the Dark Rider, and standing between him and the Company  he calls out to him, ordering the fell creature to be gone--  but it seems his voice is covered somewhat by Bern and Bés, and by the three Viglunding yelling at Andwise.


___________

Andwise - 0 bonus dice - running, half way to his Fellows
Berangar - 1 bonus dice -
Bern - 1 bonus die - Awe vs. Older Brother
Bés - 2 bonus dice - Awe vs. Viglunding after Andwise / moved half way to Andwise
Dinaethion - 1 bonus die - orders Dark Rider to leave
Kemendil - 0 bonus dice - (not seen) TN 20 - 1 Hope spent
Shalronel - 1 bonus die - ready to shoot
Ulfaar - 0 bonus dice - ready to shoot

Viglunding 1 - hit for 5 END - stands up
Viglunding 2 - threw spear and missed
Viglunding 3 - threw spear and missed

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:45, Thu 09 June 2016.

Andwise Rumble
 player, 448 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 16:15
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Still with seeming disregard for his own safety,despite the closeness of death from the Viglunding spears, Andwise keeps up his headlong flight towards his friends. One hand grips the hilt of 'Spit' the other a small halfling child. Seeing the noble Bes striding meaningful towards him he directs his movement towards the grim looking Dwarf.
"The child...El...the inn...Shanker" he yells between gasps of exertion
Loremaster
 GM, 1505 posts
 Fate
 Hope
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 06:37
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Round 2

Andwise, holding the child, simply runs for it, bursting into the open and making straight for his companions, not taking time to look around or assess the terrain.
The two spears thrown by the Viglunding miss - one barely passing over his head, having the Hobbit thank his parents for not having fed him too much soup, which would have made him taller, and, thus, maybe dead! - as their target simply dashes off.

As the other fellows look around, assessing the situation, they see that Andwise is about half way to them.

Bés, long-hafted axe in both hands, moves towards Andwise - who is racing towards the group - and covers half the remaining distance to the Hobbit, calling out to the three Viglunding Andwise just fled, summoning Dwarven resolve to make her voice carry:  "Leave off your folly, men of Viglund, else I'll give you reason to regret it."
Her grim demeanor gives weight to her words.

The two Spear-throwing Viglunding stop in their tracks, staring at Bés', hesitating.
However, the man Andwise stabbed with "Spite" gets to his feet, and, screaming his fury, throws his spear at Andwise--  and the weapon flies true, smacking Andwise in the back, the leaf-shaped blade biting deep into the Hobbit's armor...

OOC:  Andwise takes 5 END damage and must make a TN 14 Protection roll to avoid being Wounded (!)

Still with seeming disregard for his own safety and the blow he just received, despite the closeness of death from the Viglunding spears, Andwise keeps up his headlong flight towards his friends.  One hand grips the hilt of 'Spite' the other a small child.
"The child...El...the inn...Shanker" he yells between gasps of exertion, his breath short after being hurt by the spear.
Seeing the noble Bés striding meaningful towards him, he directs his movement towards the grim looking Dwarf-- passing right past and behind Bés, reaching the group of Fellows.

Shalronel slips her bow off her back, and steps up beside Ulfaar, who has his arrows at ready.

Berangar remains without truly acting, taking in the surroundings, the lay of the land, the position of the warriors...

Kemendil pulls his hood over his head...  and, when you look back, seems to have slipped off into the night, or some such thing, for you do not see him standing where he was.

Bern turns towards the Older Brother and threatens him with his spear, calling him to let them leave with the child...  and his words carry much weight, as the helm he wears makes Bern appear lordly.

The Older Brother stares at Bern, and takes a step back, bowing his shoulders slightly, seemingly at a loss...

As for Dinaethion, he takes a few steps, so as to be facing the Dark Rider, and standing between him and the Company  he calls out to him, ordering the fell creature to be gone--  but it seems his voice is covered somewhat by Bern and Bés, and by the three Viglunding yelling at Andwise.

The Dark Rider sees Andwise running with the bundle in hand, yelling about what he is carrying, and he motions his powerful horse down the hill, riding down to the edge of the bottom, the level area you are all in.
He calls out to the brothers:  "Honor your deal, sons of Valiant Viglund!", but no one truly listens to them, as all are trying to make sense of what is going on, and seem to be hesitating, knowing they are standing on the verge of pure havoc.

___________

Andwise - 0 bonus dice - hit for 5 END - made the TN14 Protection test (Hope spent) - reached his Fellows [ACTED]
Berangar - 1 bonus dice - Awe on the Viglunding [ACTED]
Bern - 1 bonus die - Awe on the Brothers [ACTED]
Bés - 2 bonus dice - standing between Andwise and the 3 Viglunding, defending Andwise [ACTED]
Dinaethion - 0 bonus dice - moved to attack Rider, Hope spent, passed tests [ACTED]
Kemendil - 0 bonus dice - grabs Older Brother [ACTED]
Shalronel - 1 bonus die - follows Ulfaar [ACTED]
Ulfaar - 0 bonus dice - Hope spent (?) [ACTED]

Viglunding 1 - hit for 5 END - threw spear
Viglunding 2 - hesitating
Viglunding 3 - hesitating
Older Brother - hesitating
Dark Rider - moved down to the plateau

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:42, Sun 12 June 2016.

Bern Asheye
 player, 448 posts
 END 28/12 Weary
 Hope 15/11
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 08:31
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Bern stood tall, he had lived all his life under the shadow of the drake, he would not cower from another mythical being.

"Bes, Berangar please secure master Ramble and his precious charge, Ulfaar, Shalronel cover them from any treachery. Lord elf, make sure that abomination doesn't interfere with us."

Bern turn his ash gaze to the brothers "Take your men and Leave before your folly becomes un-redeemable."

OOC
Final score is 23 with a great success
11:31, Today: Bern Asheye rolled a total of 17: a great success (same result if weary) using the The One Ring with a target of 14 with rolls of 5 (Feat Die), 6, 2, 4.  Awe of brothers.

Kemendil
 player, 145 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 12:16
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Having disappeared from sight, Kemendil suddenly reappears behind the Older Brother, having obviously crept up upon him unseen.
The Ranger lunges to grab Older Brother by the shoulders with one arm, bringing his blade to the man's throat with the other.

"Pay heed, ye all sired and shepherded by the hand of great Viglund, thusly shall your lord perish, if you do not yet desist and keep yourselves from the loathsome thrall of the Shadow, which shall but lay waste to all you hold precious
."

OOC: spent 1 Hope - 20 on the Athletics roll

This message was last edited by the player at 13:05, Fri 10 June 2016.

Dinaethion
 player, 50 posts
 High-elf scholar,
 artificer & smith
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 20:16
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
"There is no honour in serving the Shadow, men of Viglund," shouts Dinaethion over the clamor of voices. "It seeks only slaves, and likes most those who do so willingly!" He charges at the Ringwraith and thrusts mightily with his great spear.



15:57, Today: Dinaethion rolled a total of 21: an extraordinary success (same result if weary) using the The One Ring with a target of 14 with rolls of 7 (Feat Die), 6, 2, 6.  Great spear, open stance + bonus die. Base damage + twice Body =  9 + (2 x 7) = 23 END! Oh, and remember that D has Might of the Firstborn, and can cancel one expenditure of Hate each round with a successful test versus TN 10 + Attribute

This message was last edited by the player at 20:21, Fri 10 June 2016.

Loremaster
 GM, 1509 posts
 Fate
 Hope
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 21:39
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Dinaethion shouts over the clamor of voices and charges through the Viglunding warriors and around the cages, racing towards the Rider.
Though there is heavy cloud cover, blocking out the sun, because of the storm that is coming in from the East, you know that it is still day time in this Spring evening, and light still comes in from low along the horizon to the West, where the sun can still be seen, off across the Anduin, towards the Misty Mountains.
As you approach the Rider, and distinguish - with your High Elven sight - the pale Wraith-like face of the Ghost behind the helm, you feel that this is a good thing, and that he would be more powerful, much more, in the Darkness that he is now part of.  You understand that you do not wish to face him at Night.
Simply moving towards the Ringwraith, your mind flashes to the fact that is one of the Enemy's greatest lieutenants, even if he is maybe but a minor one of the Nince... but what if he is not?  And who are you to face the Evil lineage of Melkor?  This is truly a creature of Terror, Darkness begat in Darkness.

OOC:  TN 14 Fear Test (Feat die + Success dice in a number equalling your Valour rating)

As your charge brings you close to this Rider, clad in its black raiment, atop its powerful black steed, you feel as though the shadows under the dark clouds grow thick around it.  The air is stale, even fetid, as though the Rider were breathing out wisps of black breath...  and you wonder if this will somehow engulf you, cut you off from your cherished starlight, make the skies forever black.

OOC:  TN 14 Corruption Test (Feat die + Success dice in a number equalling your Wisdom rating)
Bes, child of Balin
 player, 466 posts
 Dwarf Warden
 Tinker & Trader
Sat 11 Jun 2016
at 17:05
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Bés continues to place herself bodily between Andwise and the Viglundings.



OOC: Defensive stance, using Defend to safeguard Andwise.
Berangar
 player, 464 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2016
at 03:15
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
"Stand down, Viglundings!" Berangar bellows, squaring his shoulders and interposing his massive frame between the hobbit and the Viglundings.  "Be not cowards that would hide behind the sacrifice of a child to the empty promises of the Shadow!  Stand instead defiant with the Free Peoples."


OOC: 22:38, Today: Berangar rolled a total of 23: an extraordinary success (same result if weary) using the The One Ring with a target of 14 with rolls of 6 (Feat Die), 5, 6, 6.  Awe.

Ulfaar
 player, 56 posts
 Man of the Lake
 Bowyer
Sun 12 Jun 2016
at 12:28
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Ulfaar draws back an arrow and aims it at the older brother waiting for the attack to begin, or to talk their way out of it.  "Fear me Viglundings for I am an Archer of Esgaaroth-stay your hands or feel one of my black arrows."

OOC:  Trying to help add some more confusion  with

<Orange>08:27, Today: Ulfaar rolled a total of 12 (12 if weary): a failure using the The One Ring with a target of 14 with rolls of 6 (Feat Die), 6.  Awe check
</Orange>
Shalronel
 player, 362 posts
Sun 12 Jun 2016
at 13:46
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
Shalronel steps up beside Ulfaar, drawing back an arrow too, that she aims at the older brother:  "And Fear me too, for I am an Archer of Mirkwood's Elven Kingdom-stay your hands or feel one of my green arrows."  She seems to force herself to look more menacing and have a deeper voice, while keeping her face hidden under her cowl.

15:40, Today: Loremaster, on behalf of Shalronel, rolled a total of 12 (9 if weary): a failure using the The One Ring with a target of 14 with rolls of 5 (Feat Die), 4, 3.  Awe w. Ulfaar.
Hope spent to add 5 Body and get a success

Loremaster
 GM, 1524 posts
 Fate
 Hope
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 09:51
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
To at least post some form of ending, here are some notes on what was happening, what might have happened, and the overall scheme of things...

Your Company was on its way back from their adventures in the Greydelve, to warn Beorn that the old Dwarf holding was filled with two Orcs tribes and some Trolls, and that the heirs to the Dwarven  Throne were mad Petty Dwarves - like Frár, of the line of Flár - that had gone so far as to ally with Orcs - like Fledi, of the line of Flen.  That this lineage was probably cursed when brother killed brother, when Flen and Flár murdered Flor.

In the Upper Anduin Vale, East of the River, you happened upon a group of Viglunding in a camp.
They were led by Viglar son of Viglund, with his slave and councilor, Saviga the Goblin (whispering Dark words in his ear, controlling him more than a mere slave should) - and another, younger, son of Viglund was there too.
The elder being more bellicose and ripe for falling into the Shadow because of his hatred for Beornings and desire to reclaim what land he, like his father, believe is his.
The younger brother seeming honorable, respectful of his word and of traditions, and either an open enemy, or at least wary, of the Shadow.

While Andwise stealthily entered the camp, the others scouted it and approached, but had to reveal themselves and face the Viglunding that wanted them to be gone.
You soon understood, as even the weather changed to darkness and storm in the East where Mirkwood lies, that an ominous guest was expected here…  who soon arrived:  a Dark Rider on a Dark Horse, but who, beneath his helm, showed a pale Wraith-like face.
One of the Nine.
Indeed, although he is one of the “weakest”, or more accurately “less powerful”, he is a formidable foe, being The Messenger of Mordor.

Now, the Viglunding had prisoners, that you had met before, who were to be brought to Viglund, to determine their fate.  They were of the family of one who had committed cold-blooded murder, and then fled, thus they were to compensate the loss of the murdered one, by serving as laborers or such - basically slaves for a certain duration - as per the weregild laws.
One of these was a young woman, who was set up, from the first encounter, to be a possible love-interest for young Berangar.  Since he wished to have a family, and a holding of his own…

But there was one other prisoner there too, a toddler, that Andwise spotted, and tried to steal from the Viglunding guarding him:  this was none other than the baby that survived the very first Orc attack when all these adventures started, although its Woodman father was killed ; and who was later abducted from the Hobbit Inn while you were saving the caravan in the Misty Mountains.
It turns out that, unbeknownst to you, the entire Orc attack, that was led by a Messenger of Lugburz (or Messenger of Barad-dur, the Dark Tower) was aimed not at destroying the Inn or wanton violence, but at finding the baby and taking it.
That was the Orc with a red stylized eye symbol.

This direct assault having failed, thanks to you, an Evil man was sent, this Shanker you crossed paths with, and who posed at the inn as a passing wanderer, but who killed Milo Roper, your Hobbit companion, and took the child.

The child was called El, and was the youngest born of Hardgar and Winnea.  Originally from Rhosgobel but who had moved to help build the inn and decided to remain there.

Wounded, Shanker was unable to travel South into Mirkwood, to Dol Goldur, and died while the child was taken by small Vigluding slaver-raiding party.
It took time for the envoys of Mordor to locate it, and then negotiate, but the exchange has been agreed upon by Viglund, who will thus ally himself with these people who bring him great weapons and help to move upon Beorn, in exchange for some mere little kid…

But many Viglunding see what is happening, that this is falling into Darkness, losing soul and freedom, and are against this choice.  And the younger son is one of these, the one who would be their leader if it came to that.

Thus, in the camp, as the Dark Rider enters, and you attack it, with Dinaethion charging, the Viglunding still stand divided, with half behind the elder brother, happy to gain power whatever the cost, the others, standing with the younger brother, ready to fight against what they see as a road to perdition and losing their freedom in the end.

However, since some directly threaten Viglar, the elder brother, with Ulfaar and Shalronel aiming their bows at him, and Kemendil putting his dagger to the man’s throat from behind…  will the Viglunding actually all come together to fight Your Company, to save their kin, forgetting their divide for now?

And how will Dinaethion fare against the Nazgul?

As for Andwise, will he be able - covered by Bés and Berangar - manage to reach his comrades and escape with the bundle he is carrying, that is none other than the baby boy from the Inn?  As least Dinaethion stopped the Dark Rider from going straight for Andwise.

In the fight that was about to erupt, or just starting, the Messenger of Mordor would fight Dinaethion, but only to be rid of him and try to get the bundled baby from Andwise, and keep on hunting you down if it was unable to do so and you got away with it.

The Viglunding were about to all come together again and forget their differences for the moment, and fight to get Viglar free - even if they might then quarrel again as to the dealings with the Dark Rider (Viglar still wanting to deal him, and his brother openly refusing to do so when if it actually comes to it).

It seems like a rather harsh situation, and could have seen the demise of some of the Company.
Mainly facing the Viglunding, who would not let Kemendil go after having brought steel to their leader’s throat.
But it does seem that Andwise and some others would have gotten out with the baby, the Ringwraith being at least stalled by Dinaethion, maybe defeated or pushed back?

It seems probable that it would then have been a race South, towards Beorn’s hold, with the baby (or, if the dice went bad, without the baby that then would be left behind), facing some Viglunding maybe giving chase, and the Nazgul trying to get allies to stop you.

The end of the Adventuring Phase would most probably see the Company (either all of them, or those that made it) at Beorn’s, with the baby (but maybe without) and with these tidings of the Evil being strongly on the rise, even showing its face:  corrupting Dwarves and taking over the Greydelve, thus now having a strong post to disrupt or even block commerce on the Northern Road ; and the Nazgul being back…

You would be safe with Beorn, with no immediate danger in his lands, thanks to him and the Beornings.

During the Fellowship Phase, Beorn would confer with Radagast, probably sending for him (to not endanger the baby by sending it to Rhosgobel) and the Wizard would start trying to find out why the Eye wishes so badly to capture this newborn Woodman.
Beorn (and Radagast) would also send out messengers and scouts, to try and see the extent of what is actually happening, and find out that if, yes, there is mustering in Dol Goldur, the Messenger of Mordor Ringwraith seems to actually have come from Angmar.  Could it be that that place is no longer destroyed and barren?

Thus, the following Adventuring Phase could have seen you going back to the Viglunding, in case you had left some of the Company behind (for revenge if dead, to free if left as prisoners)?
Maybe going to explore Dol Goldur in the South of Mirkwood?
Depending on your wishes…
What I was aiming for - to have either then, or else happen later - was to have you move West of the Anduin Vales (thus moving through Viglunding lands) and run a variation on Nightmares of Angmar from the book Ruins of the North.
To not spoil that adventure, if you are to play it, it would have seen you (in my adapted part) trying to ally with some of the Viglunding (to lessen the chance they all go to the Shadow as allies, and help the Eye gain all the North of the land above and around Mirkwood, and put direct pressure on Beorn), and then moving West, around Mount Gundabad, into Angmar and Carn Dûm where the Witch King used to rule, and Evil seems to be stirring again.

The outcome could have seen you discovering and being accepted in Rivendell, by one Master Elrond.

During the next Fellowship Phase, with what you had discovered in Angmar, and with what Radagast had gathered (most probably with help from Gandalf and the Great White Wizard Saruman), you would now know that the child El (which in Quenya means Star) was sought by Sauron because of his astrological birth and his long-time ascendants.

Now, I am not a fan of astrology, so do not know that much about it, and it is not much used (I think) by Tolkien…  however I thought it could be interesting as a metaplot.
Thus the underlying idea is that this child was born when the sky stars were in a very special alignement, that only happens every X years.  I had several ideas down, linked to 11 (which in TOR is the Eye):  for example that this happens only every 11 times 11 generations.
And that child, through his father, was the heir to an important historic figure.
Also, El was the youngest, and, it was said he had many siblings, and some also died young too, thus he as the 11th child.
One possibility was that the child was linked (heir of) Isildur (that would be 11 times 11 generations, of 24 years each).
Another choice I was looking into was Tar-Antanami, a King of Numenor who was the first to go against stepping down before death, and did not respect the ban of the Valar, and is the one that started the decline of the Numenor…

The idea was that there was the little baby boy, whose lineage (with some configuration of 11’s) said that he would do Great things, and who was born on day in which the unique star alignement (also with 11’s) said the same…  but for whom it is unclear what he would:  Great Good, Great Evil (like Isildur:  help in slaying Sauron, or give the Ring back to the Shadow…) and that Sauron wanted him young to groom him as a Servant of the Shadow and make him do Great Evil, or else kill him.
So it would then be important to keep him from the Enemy, get him back…  and maybe find out if he had a role to play or not, and what it might be (he would be in his mid 70’s at the time the Ring is destroyed by Frodo…  but if Sauron got him, would things go that far?).

So, sorry for having such a long post, but I wanted to give an idea of the overall journey I had in in mind, and some kind of closure, or answers.
And especially sorry for dropping out on you guys.
With several physical problems post-accident, and all the other issues (namely money via work) I even got quite depressed.  Now I am back up and running, and things are getting better, but I still need some time to be - hopefully - good and have time and such.
At least thanks for the great players, and super posts, that you were and did.

All my best…

Oh, and here is the image I had selected for the young lady slave, the daughter, who was to possibly become the wife of her savior Berangar


Dinaethion
 player, 65 posts
 High-elf scholar,
 artificer & smith
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 19:40
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
I did not expect D to get through the encounter with the Ringwraith unscathed, but much would depend on whether or not his Spear Of The Last Alliance counted as enchanted and thus could actually harm the wraith.
Bes, child of Balin
 player, 482 posts
 Dwarf Warden
 Tinker & Trader
Thu 16 Feb 2017
at 20:25
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
I for one was actually looking forward to seeing a PC mix it up with a Nazgûl.
Loremaster
 GM, 1525 posts
 Fate
 Hope
Fri 17 Feb 2017
at 08:07
004b-Shackles in Shambles (end of 2nd adventure)
D. is immune (if I remember it correctly) to Fear effects from Undead and thus the Nazgul, which removes a lot of power (no failed Fear rolls, and that Nazgul has 2 or 3 Fear "attacks" I think).
So, the main question is succeeding in a Corruption Test... or not!  (if Failed you are out of the game)  It is the Dark Breath effect, that knocks you out for a long while.
After that, you do not need an enchanted weapon (unless it is a weapon specifically enchanted to fight such enemies, a Bane weapon vs. Mordor).
"A Ringwraith suffers damage normally in combat, but is not defeated when reduced to zero Endurance. Instead, the Nazgûl loses half its current Hate and becomes Craven (it flees if reduced to zero Hate). Nazgûl cannot be Wounded except by weapons especially wound with spells for the bane of Mordor."
And the Nazgul are still "weak" (well, less strong) at this moment in time.
My feeling is that with D.'s avoiding all Fear effects, it means he has a fair fighting chance...  hard to gauge, but a good chance for sure.