Call of Chaos - Marienburg Harbor and beyond.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Osric Jutzenbach
 Sigmarite - Priest, 627 posts
 Agi 38 AP 3(all)
 W0/15 For2/4 SB3 TB4 IP2
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 21:33
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
Seeing Albrecht able to talk and stand, Osric nodded. He tried the best he could to ignore the vampires and headed to Lucas. He did not know who to save and was glad that Albrecht already made a choice.

Seeing the grave wounds he tried to stop the bleeding, but his own injuries made it a difficult task. He had to start over and is was a near miracle he was able to stop the bleeding at all. Lucas could now be moved and with a little luck, he would live, for better or for worst.

Osric Jutzenbach rolled 72 -- 1 degree of failure using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 53 with rolls of 72.  Heal.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 23 -- 3 degrees of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 53 with rolls of 23.  Heal FP reroll.

Larissa Ignatyev
 Maiden of Ice, 200 posts
 Nothing burns
 like the cold
Sun 11 Feb 2018
at 00:19
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
- "Then we are agreed."

Larissa calmly removed the arrow from her bow and unlimbered the bowstring so it could not be fired in a surprise attack. With Elric and Osric seeing to Lucas, she decided she would see if anything could be done for Lennhardt still. The chance was slim, but she would still try. And while the vampires were nearby, she tried to ignore them as best she was able -- whether they would attack or not, she doubted they would swallow their pride to the point where they would see humans as something they needed to break their word to.

01:19, Today: Larissa Ignatyev rolled 20 -- 2 degrees of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 46 with rolls of 20.  Heal.

Heal: 20 - Success

This message was last edited by the player at 00:21, Sun 11 Feb 2018.

Storyteller
 GM, 1047 posts
Mon 12 Feb 2018
at 08:36
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
Albrecht Zweifler:
"Why do you seek Hollenbach ? What is he to you to protect him like that ?", he asked the Strigoi in what could only be described as a hollow mimicry of his formerly displayed authority as a roadwarden. He had to try, though.


Hissing, the only spoken vampire, stated a calm and biting remark.
"Our history is longer than any of your years combined fleshling. We wage war beyond the surface. These lords carry much in term of value for us - as bargaining or even as supremacy. An ancient Blood dragon? Worth more than gold in piles.."
They moved out, their way pathed out and one by one vanished from sight.
It was still night, and one could hope the would not wreck havoc on the town...

Larissa stabilized the dying Lennhardt, but without proper knowledge she would estimate the blood loss and punishment he had suffered would mean days, or even months of bed rest. He was unable to do anything but stay alive for a long while.
Lucas on the other hand stood differently. He was down but his wounds were lacerations and bruises of the heavy kind and would recover within a week or two at most and he would be significantly more alert and present during it.

Silent erupts, and you are left with choices to make. The town lay beyond you and your foe has vanished, for now.
Albrecht Zweifler
 Roadwarden, 1119 posts
 Ag34 AP: 5(body) 3(rest)
 W0/17 F0/4 SB4 TB3 IP4
Mon 12 Feb 2018
at 08:52
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
"I suggest to return to the manor. Von Speier, you'd better have your men clean this mess in the Mausoleum."
"There are grave matters to be discussed."

Indeed and Albrecht had to admit to himself that he did not know how to proceed from here.
"Your local priets is gone, I have heard. Lucas von Speier, I fully expect you to organize the necessary rites for all those who have died here. Father Osric here is a Sigmarite Priest, but given the nature of these opponents I suggest to send for a priest of Morr to sanctify the whole graveyard."
How to deal with the von Speiers ?
For now, Albrecht was at a loss. He had bidden his friend to look for Lucas, but that decision's motivation had its origin in wanting the young noble to make good on his transgressions. He was no longer certain it had been the right choice. Just as he had no idea if Larissa's action to save the bully Lennhardt had been wise either.
He had known Konrad only briefly but he had come to like the man, even though he had been a wizard. He would be missed.
"Let's get back to the manor.", he repeated and made to follow his own suggestion.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:52, Mon 12 Feb 2018.

Osric Jutzenbach
 Sigmarite - Priest, 628 posts
 Agi 38 AP 3(all)
 W0/15 For2/4 SB3 TB4 IP2
Mon 12 Feb 2018
at 11:41
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
Osric nodded in agreement. There were still many wounds that needed to be treated, his including.
Elric von Morgenstern
 Knight, 133 posts
 Knights Griffon Templar
 "By talon and steel!!!"
Tue 13 Feb 2018
at 01:37
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
"That seems the logical place to regroup. Let us begone from his foul pit," Leric said, still interposed in case of danger.

He waited for the others to leave before withdrawing himself. His chosen role in this retreat of rearguard simply made the most sense as far as he was concerned.
Arkamir Ran-Helethel
 player, 33 posts
 Wounds: 10/14, IP: 2
 *Not a Wizard*
Wed 14 Feb 2018
at 04:29
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
Arkamir nodded and went along with the group.  The peculiar snow elf had chosen to save the elder brother's life and Arkamir would restrict himself by her action as well.  While he felt that he'd be safely within his jurisdiction to kill the younger brother, the older brother was truly outside of his realm of authority.  Besides, allowing himself to kill human nobles just because they were awful beings and unworthy rulers would start him down the short road to war or exile... or both.  He averted his eyes from the gore and made his way out.
Storyteller
 GM, 1049 posts
Wed 14 Feb 2018
at 09:00
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
Lucas nodded simply, worn and in shock of it all.
He eyed his brother, shrugged and looked as a defeated man.

You leave, noticing the town lay in black, having avoided the onslaught of the vampires.
One can not help but wonder why the blood dragon was so key to the Strigoi Vampires, and why his corpse could serve the use.

At the keep, the guards rushed to Lucas, aiding them in and quickly his servants was set in motion. A request for a priest of Morr was sent, guards were sent to cleanse the Mausoleum and lastly, Lennhardt was placed upstairs, near their dying father, where care was on hand. Lucas sat down, hands deep in his face and seemed lost.
Just as he did, a knock was heard.
Outside stood Zecharius Lauer.
"Heroes. I have received news of what happened, or rather of the noise caused. A guard saw a large group vanish from the mausoleum but not what it was. He claims he blacked out for a moment upon sight, and can not recall anything. Are you okay..Lucas - you look dreadful! Someone..enlighten me!"
Lucas waved him off.
"Internal business. Trust me - let the family handle this. They deserve praise and honor and are by my word free to go. Keep the daggers and know you got the family of the Von Speiers loyalty onwards."
Lauer is puzzled, allowing others to voice in.

After all is said and done, Lauer states clearly.
"You are free to leave. The Crusade you sought travelled on in that direction. Keep a brisk pace and you should reach an inn by nightfall. You do not wish to be found in these woods after dark. The Drakwald is not a friendly place.
I also send good word good and wishes of Fraus Gertrudt and Schmidt. Farewell, my friends. And may Sigmar watch over you in your travels.”


You are all granted 200 xp.
Osric Jutzenbach
 Sigmarite - Priest, 631 posts
 Agi 38 AP 3(all)
 W0/15 For2/4 SB3 TB4 IP2
Fri 16 Feb 2018
at 06:47
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
Osric just stood, watching the scene unfold. There presence in town was no longer required nor needed. Even with all the crimes and intrigues unfolded here, they still had to crusade to follow. Osric made a mental note to return once they had taken care of the crusade.

"We will gather at the inn, I will tend the wounded before we will once more start the chase. When we reached the inn, I'll will take care of the wounds once more."

He then addressed Lauer "Can you provide us with clean bandages or other means to tend our wounds?"
Storyteller
 GM, 1051 posts
Fri 16 Feb 2018
at 07:35
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
Osric Jutzenbach:
Osric just stood, watching the scene unfold. There presence in town was no longer required nor needed. Even with all the crimes and intrigues unfolded here, they still had to crusade to follow. Osric made a mental note to return once they had taken care of the crusade.

"We will gather at the inn, I will tend the wounded before we will once more start the chase. When we reached the inn, I'll will take care of the wounds once more."

He then addressed Lauer "Can you provide us with clean bandages or other means to tend our wounds?"


Lauer simply nodded.
"We have some supplies to provide, no worries."
Lauer asked a guard to fetch them from his office.
Osric Jutzenbach
 Sigmarite - Priest, 634 posts
 Agi 38 AP 3(all)
 W2/15 For3/4 SB3 TB4 IP2
Mon 19 Feb 2018
at 07:10
Re: Call of Chaos - Return to Marienburg
Once their business with the Von Speiers had been resolved, Osric took the items the guard retrieved and they all headed back to the inn. Many had fallen, some where gravelly wounded, some bore the marks of combat and by miracle some remain unscratched.

"Clean yourself and I'll tend the wounds afterwards. We will rest and leave at dawn. One more day will not make any difference any more. And we will have to face the fact that at this stage, we are not ready to face another violent encounter of any sort." Osric said once they were at the inn. I ordered a bath for himself and by the time he was done, the water had coloured red by his own blood.

He sorted the items they received from the Von Speiers estate. The healing poultice smelled foul and burned and Osric wondered what was in there. Waiting on the others, he started bandaging his own wounds.
Osric: +3 Wound
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 15 -- 3 degrees of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 53 with rolls of 15.  Heal Osric.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 3 using 1d10 with rolls of 3.  Healing poultice.


One by one the others trickled in and Osric started working on them. It took some time, but Osric was content that he was able to clean and bandage all wounds and that none look infected. "Now catch some sleep." he said.
Albrecht: +10 Wound, Arkamir: +3 Wounds
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 50 -- a simple success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 53 with rolls of 50.  Heal Albrecht.
Albrecht Zweifler rolled 10 using 1d10 with rolls of 10.  W healed on 'evening' Heal.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 79 -- 2 degrees of failure using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 53 with rolls of 79.  Heal Arkamir.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 14 -- 3 degrees of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 53 with rolls of 14.  Heal Arkalir FP.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 3 using 1d10 with rolls of 3.  Wounds.


When everyone started to leave, he halted Albrecht. "You took the worse deal of the beating my friend. Let us pray to Sigmar to get you back on your feat again. Your wounds have been bandaged, but they could open to easily."
Osric prayed to his Patron and a golden glow emerged from his hand and closed around Albrecht. Knitting flesh back together.
"Now rest." Osric concluded.
Albrecht: +1 Wound
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 51 -- a simple success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 51.  Channeling.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 11 using 1d10+3.  Blessing Healing.


The Sigmarite tried to empty his head once more, but he was to tired so he prayed to Sigmar to grant, tired and beaten. Osric smiled when Sigmar answered his pleads and he settled into his bed.
Osric: +1 Wound
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 58 -- a simple failure using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 51.  Channeling.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 5 using 1d10+2.  Blessing Healing.


Along with the first ray of light, Osric woke. The night had brought some little relief from the pain.
Albrecht, Arkamir & Osric: +1 Wound.

He tried to bandaged himself once more, but to no avail. He was to stiff to tightened the bandages around his chest and had to settle with the fact that his wounds did not open during the process.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 96 -- 4 degrees of failure using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 53.  Heal Osric.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 92 -- 3 degrees of failure using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 53.  Heal Osric FP.


In the common room he tended the wounds of the others, with more success.
Albrecht: +8 Wound. Arkamir: +4 Wound. This should bring Albrecht to wounded in stead of heavy wounded and Arkamir to fully healed.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 46 -- a simple success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 53.  Heal Arkamir.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 4 using 1d10 with rolls of 4.  Heal Arkamir (did not roll before).
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 43 -- 1 degree of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 53.  Heal Albrecht.
Albrecht Zweifler rolled 8 using 1d10 with rolls of 8.  W healed on 'morning' Heal.


"Fetch your gear, we have a crusade to catch." he spoke while slinging his backpack on his shoulder. He tried to say it casually, but slinging the backpack around caused him to show a grimace of pain.
Osric Jutzenbach rolled 54 -- a simple failure using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 51.  Willpower to bite away the pain :).

This message was last edited by the player at 08:54, Tue 20 Feb 2018.

Storyteller
 GM, 1053 posts
Mon 19 Feb 2018
at 13:44
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
Assuming you head out of town, following the directions given.

The weather seemed to get worse as you left town. Moist was in the air, and the ground soggy, hinting of heavy rain to come soon.
Following the path the crusade made, easily due to this, you notice the traces left behind.
Hours pass and you notice various signs of the mob’s passage which is everywhere.
The most noticeable element is the smell. Excrement, rotting food, and no few corpses
mar the trampled earth, a testimony to the frantic pace maintained by the mob. The foetid terrain of the Midden Moors finally gives way to the dark and brooding atmosphere of the Drakwald.
You come past a scene where it is obvious corpse recently have been dug down and treated with respect; proper rites followed and signs of a wagon lead further ahead.
Through the trees, you see a black storm front rolling at a fearsome pace across the heavens, lightning crashing from above and painting the sky a weird green colour.
Along with the unsettling weather, darkness and the rumors everyone was told at some point in their lifetime.
The Drakwald is as dangerous as it is dark and foreboding. Extended travel beneath the canopy of this ancient forest puts the characters in contact with all manner of terrifying creatures, many of whom relish the idea of making a meal of adventurers. Aside from the Mutants and Beastmen, the Drakwald hides Goblins, brigands, and the occasional band of warriors who fight on behalf of Boris Todbringer, scouring the woods of Beastmen and corruption.
There’s also a profusion of lost villages and old ruins of Elven or other origin, as well as the occasional statue, monolith, and Herdstone. It is a strange and unsettling forest, and in any shadow, doom could hide.

A sign hints of a roadside inn, further ahead, and Albrecht know of the type, a coaching inn maintained by various coaching firms using this risky route. With all happening, this would be an advisable next step for the group...
Albrecht Zweifler
 Roadwarden, 1132 posts
 Ag34 AP: 5(body) 3(rest)
 W17/17 F4/4 SB4 TB3 IP4
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 09:25
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.

[15. Nachgeheim 2523 I.C.]


"Come on then, this is a most foul storm that is brewing over there. We better hurry to reach the coaching inn in time."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:54, Tue 20 Feb 2018.

Osric Jutzenbach
 Sigmarite - Priest, 637 posts
 Agi 38 AP 3(all)
 W5/15 For3/4 SB3 TB4 IP2
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 10:22
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
"Indeed." Osric commented. All were riding a horse, so they should be able to reach the inn before the storm broke loose.
Albrecht Zweifler
 Roadwarden, 1133 posts
 Ag34 AP: 5(body) 3(rest)
 W17/17 F4/4 SB4 TB3 IP4
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 11:37
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
Albrecht looked concerned at his friend. The ride from Pfeifeldorf had been at a leisurely pace for everyone seemed to be still struggling with the events there. They had been severly wounded by the Vampire but Osric had been able to heal them all. Except himself. True to his calling he had first attended everyone else and by the time he had dressed his own wounds he had been too exhausted to do it with the required care. So Ostric was not looking too healthy and the ride was not improving matters.
Storyteller
 GM, 1056 posts
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 12:18
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
You suddenly catch sight of the Reaper’s Bounty.
The inn is one of the fortified inns maintained by coach companies as safe stops along the Altdorf Road. It is a squat, imposing structure, with whitewashed stone walls topped by crenulated battlements and towers in all four corners. The main gate is reinforced too, with heavy wooden doors.
The gates are wide open and no light shines from the towers. At this time of day, this is decidedly unusual. A large coach stands outside.
Make a Routine (+10) Perception Tests.

The Reaper’s Bounty is a typical Coaching Inn by Empire standards. It consists largely of four walls surrounding the inn itself and a stable. The walls stand nearly 15-feet tall, and are topped with crenellations and equipped with a narrow catwalk for guards to man. At the corners where the walls meet, is a narrow tower that rises another 7 feet above the walls.
These towers have several floors connected by a central spiral staircase, and from inside, through the hammer-shaped arrow slits, one can get a good view of the surrounding forests. Climbing the outer walls without use of a grapple and rope requires a Hard (–20) Scale Sheer Surface Test.
Albrecht Zweifler
 Roadwarden, 1135 posts
 Ag34 AP: 5(body) 3(rest)
 W17/17 F4/4 SB4 TB3 IP4
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 12:52
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
rolled 55 -- a simple success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 56 with rolls of 55.  Perception @+10.

Albrecht hesitated, the open gate was very unusual.
Slowly he drew his pistol and gave warning to his allies that something might be amiss.
Arkamir Ran-Helethel
 player, 36 posts
 Wounds: 10/14, IP: 2
 *Not a Wizard*
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 13:53
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
Arkamir nodded at Albrecht's suggestion.  The phrase "foul storm" seemed particularly apt with the strange crusade and the vampire issues brewing in addition to the expected precipitation.

Arriving at the Reaper's Bounty, Arkamir was perplexed.  The lack of lights and guards especially appeared off.  He glanced about for any sign of what was going on.

07:47, Today: Arkamir Ran-Helethel rolled 39 -- 3 degrees of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 71 with rolls of 39.  Perception (Target 81 if it involves sight).
Larissa Ignatyev
 Maiden of Ice, 207 posts
 Nothing burns
 like the cold
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 17:39
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
Larissa frowned at seeing the open gate. While it was often seen as a sign of welcoming travelers, which would make sense for an inn, but the lack of light hinted at something other than putting visitors at ease however.

18:39, Today: Larissa Ignatyev rolled 37 -- 2 degrees of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 61 with rolls of 37.  Perception (+10 Routine, +10 Excellent Vision).
Osric Jutzenbach
 Sigmarite - Priest, 638 posts
 Agi 38 AP 3(all)
 W5/15 For3/4 SB3 TB4 IP2
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 19:45
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
Osric halted his horse and dismounted. Following his comrade, he readied his hammer. He made a survey in the area around the gate, looking for blood or signs of a struggle.

Osric Jutzenbach rolled 19 -- 4 degrees of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 63 with rolls of 19.  Perception +10%
Elric von Morgenstern
 Knight, 136 posts
 Knights Griffon Templar
 "By talon and steel!!!"
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 01:56
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
Elric eased Anne-Marie into a slower gait. Something about the gate, or more specifically the fact that it was open and unattended at this time of day, was bothering him. His warrior senses keyed up to try to articulate what his subconscious was only hinting at...

OOC Mechanics
20:54, Today: Elric von Morgenstern rolled 10 -- 2 degrees of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 36 with rolls of 10.  Perception Test.

Storyteller
 GM, 1060 posts
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 08:17
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.

Those who eye around notice a great number of footprints, hoof prints, and wagon tracks heading out from the gate. The tracks are heading towards Altdorf.
A foul smell of excrement and blood also lay on the ground. Beneath the soil, a dead dog sticks out covered also in mud.
The whole place seemed empty and the gate, large and imposing takes upto 8 men to close, but remain open.

In the stables, you notice: a single Black Coach with a Simple Morrite symbol on each door, one wheel a mismatched replacement.
Wall upholstery and carpets ripped out, brown curtains stained with dog slobber.
Lantern and bone wind chimes hang from drivers porch. A wooden stake under the drivers seat on closer inspection.
The door inside is open. The tracks hint that the wagon came recently. Beneath a muddy footprint is a crumpled pamphlet.

Please go to:
link to a message in this game
Osric Jutzenbach
 Sigmarite - Priest, 639 posts
 Agi 38 AP 3(all)
 W5/15 For3/4 SB3 TB4 IP2
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 11:08
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
Osric read the pamphlet. "The crusade his passed here, this is some propaganda. We can assume that everyone here left with it."

"The coach came in after the crusade as it cross through the muddy footprints. So we might not we alone."

waiting to go to the other thread until we catch up with the others. Just to keep the post untangled.
Larissa Ignatyev
 Maiden of Ice, 208 posts
 Nothing burns
 like the cold
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 11:58
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
Larissa motioned at the black coach in the stables.

- "Well, since the coach and its presumed owner are still here, let us compare our knowledge and find out if we may be able to assist one another."

OOC: Ready when you all are...
Storyteller
 GM, 1064 posts
Thu 22 Feb 2018
at 08:15
Re: Call of Chaos - Following the Crusade.
You notice just outside the inn, as you arrive, two men standing near the outer wall of the inn. The rain is heavy and you can barely see ahead. The silouettes have seen you and react to your presence!