The Transfer.   Posted by Kraven Kor.Group: archive I
Mir
 Nathaniel Mirdolen, 129 posts
Tue 27 Jan 2015
at 19:02
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 166):

[Private to GM: I had switched it out for the TK power.]
Kraven Kor
 GM, 503 posts
Tue 27 Jan 2015
at 20:06
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Mir (msg # 167):

[Private to Mir; Rondo:  On T1, S8:The major has disappeared down the corridor, and the bridge crew - unconvinced, lacking orders, and confused - decide it would be best to just stun everyone and sort it out later...



vs. Mir:  Hits DCV 10
(You did not "act" this phase so can still dodge if you'd like.)
13:13, Today: Kraven Kor rolled 7 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,5,1.

If Dodge doesn't take you over DCV 10, you take 20 STUN AVAD and are CON Stunned.

13:18, Today: Kraven Kor rolled 20 using 6d6 with rolls of 2,4,3,2,3,6.

-----
vs. Rondo:  Hits DCV, uh, 2.
You look at the guy as if to say "Really?  I'm standing, like, 2 feet from you!"
13:13, Today: Kraven Kor rolled 14 using 3d6 with rolls of 4,5,5.


Rondo will be up next on T1, S9.
]
Mir
 Nathaniel Mirdolen, 130 posts
Tue 27 Jan 2015
at 20:11
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 168):

[Private to GM: Nope.  I'm stunned.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...]
Rondo
 Rondo Telek, 91 posts
Tue 27 Jan 2015
at 20:27
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 168):

[Private to Kraven Kor; Mir: "Stop shooting!!! We aren't resisting!" Rondo shouts at the unthinking drones bridge crew.  He continues waving his arms above his head in emphasis.]

[Private to Kraven Kor: Rondo prepares to Dive for Cover if they shoot at him again.]
Kraven Kor
 GM, 504 posts
Tue 27 Jan 2015
at 20:46
Re: The Transfer
At this point, I cannot proceed until Techie responds - if no response in 2 days, I will assume continuation of stated actions.
Jed
 Jedak Frame, 64 posts
 Heavy Worlder
 Maintenance G3
Tue 27 Jan 2015
at 21:02
Re: The Transfer
En passant
[Private to GM:
Private to Jed; Techie:  Techie continues moving, deferring for Jed to be first through the hatch.  A few crewman dart about the corridor, fighting the increasing pull of the ship's thrust.  As Jed begins to move up, the Major begins to come down...

"Frame!  It's Telek and that Doctor from the Pytheas!  They've taken control of the ship!  Go..."  Seeing the expression on Jed's face, he curses, and uses his momentum to try and bowl over the larger man.

Passing Throw on Jed.

09:36, Today: Kraven Kor rolled 5 using 3d6 with rolls of 3,1,1.
Hits DCV 14.
5 BODY for STR vs. STR on Grab / Throw


Jed:  Roll your STR, add up BODY.  If you win or tie, you are grappling with him in the hatchway.  If you lose, he grabs you, spins the two of you around such that you are now above him, and pushes off from you towards the front of the ship, sending you up and through the hatch.  It would be the same damage as above roll; 5.5d6 normal attack.
12:50, Today: Secret Roll: Jed rolled 13 using 4d6 with rolls of 1,3,3,6. STR v STR Major Grab.
4 BODY, less than 5 BODY

Throw damage on Jed (if the Major wins the grab roll):
 5 BODY, 22 STUN.

Take 6 STUN

Jed thinks to himself, Let's see where he wants to get to
]

This message was last edited by the player at 21:27, Tue 27 Jan 2015.

Techie
 Caitlin Ravenwood, 69 posts
Tue 27 Jan 2015
at 23:21
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 171):

[Private to Jed; Techie:  Techie will find something to hold onto if needed, and kick the major

Basic Strike OCV 8 DCV 6
15:19, Today: Techie rolled 8 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,4,3.
Damage
15:19, Today: Techie rolled 8 using 5d6 with rolls of 2,1,2,2,1.
]

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:03, Wed 28 Jan 2015.

Kraven Kor
 GM, 505 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 00:04
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Techie (msg # 173):

[Private to Jed; Techie: 
Techie:
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 171):

Techie will find something to hold onto if needed, and kick the major

Basic Strike OCV 8 DCV 6
15:19, Today: Techie rolled 8 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,4,3.
Damage
15:19, Today: Techie rolled 8 using 5d6 with rolls of 2,1,2,2,1.
]

[Private to Techie:  You never use color tags and you are not using privacy; which perhaps that latter bit is my fault.

PLEASE start using color tags - even if not the exact ones I had recommended or whatever until we get some conversation on that thread - and, in the future, note the privacy of things you are responding to.

Thank you.
]

[Private to Jed; Techie:  The Major, spinning Jed about, avoids your kick (DCV 8.)  The droid then stuns him (per above post.)]

This message was last updated by the GM at 00:04, Wed 28 Jan 2015.

Kraven Kor
 GM, 506 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 00:12
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 174):

[Private to Mir; Rondo:  Mir you are recovering this phase, T1, S9.  Rondo is up; are you doing anything other than trying to diffuse the crew?]

[Private to Jed; Techie:  Jed you are, or were, kind of holding your S6 action to see what the major is doing; he had gone forward, toward the hold and brig, and then got shot by a droid with a decidedly a-typical personality.  You kind of lose the action on S9 but I'll let you chase after the Major if you want, or speak to the crewman in the corridor - they are looking to be confused, and again, confused grunts have kind of one go-to plan.

On their phase 8 action, they are drawing service pistols and debating what to do; they look to be wanting to shoot the droid, first, but they saw the Major tussling with you and Techie as well.  You'll need to convince them that the Major is compromised, preferably before they shoot on S12 :D

Techie will be up on S9 once Jed confirms the remainder of his S6 action - within limits considering that you did not declare a held action.

Thanks!
]
Kraven Kor
 GM, 507 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 00:15
Re: The Transfer
About this time, artificial gravity has completely faded and now "gravity" is 2 G's of thrust.  Jed, you are a heavy worlder - no worries for you.  Everyone else is -2 on any STR or DEX related roll, and on OCV.

The crewman are all kind of half-clinging to wall holds while debating what to do.

Kraven Kor
 GM, 508 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 00:20
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 176):

[Private to Jed; Techie:  Oh, forgot.  The major is now falling back down the corridor towards Jed and Techie.]
Kraven Kor
 GM, 509 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 00:22
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 176):

Scatter-brained tonight; forgot another event...

Everyone hears the dropship's weapons firing.  Like, all of them.

Kraven Kor
 GM, 510 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 00:31
Re: The Transfer
Jed corrected me on a mistake...

[Private to Jed; Techie:  Techie, your kick *did* hit, my apologies.  However, it barely overcomes his defenses (PD 5, 2 points of armor.)]
Rondo
 Rondo Telek, 92 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 01:45
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 175):

quote:
[Private to Mir; Rondo:  Mir you are recovering this phase, T1, S9.  Rondo is up; are you doing anything other than trying to diffuse the crew?]


[Private to Kraven Kor: Pretty much trying to chill the idiots out, though with the lack of artificial gravity kicking in, taking control of the ship's systems is increasing in priority.  If it looks like they are not going to shoot, Rondo will go back to working the computers toward that end.]

This message was last edited by the player at 01:45, Wed 28 Jan 2015.

Kraven Kor
 GM, 516 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 04:36
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Rondo (msg # 180):

[Private to Rondo:  So, what are you doing on phase 9?  They are still covering you and won't act again until phase 12.  They mostly look confused and alarmed, especially now with the dropship apparently shooting at something.

You can try a PRE attack, another persuasion roll, whatever.  But you know standard military tactics in a situation like this:  stun first, ask questions later, and as you move a hand towards your PAD one of them twitches his gun back to cover you - remember, they were also told you were taking over the ship.
]
Jed
 Jedak Frame, 65 posts
 Heavy Worlder
 Maintenance G3
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 13:09
Re: The Transfer
Jed keeps his hands away from his body palms up, his face unconcerned.

[Private to GM:
To the crew, "This is going to be hard to hear, but the Major is under TSR influence.

He knew this could happen, the Major brought me here to make sure, if it did happen, to stop it.
He knew I would be the only one. The others are here to stop the ship from being taken
."

1/2 Ph: Soliloquy
1/2 Ph: reserve for Major if he tries to escape/move

]
Kraven Kor
 GM, 517 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 14:26
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Jed (msg # 182):

[Private to Jed:  So that happened S6 to S9; Techie still up on S9 next.  We'll need a persuasion roll or PRE attack on your S9 action; go ahead and roll it if you'd like.]

[Private to Jed; Techie:  Techie is up on T1, S9.  The major is stunned and falling back down the corridor towards the rear of the ship.  Techie you are -2 on OCV and on any STR / DEX related skills or rolls due to the 2 G's of thrust you are experiencing.  If you need any more detail, let me know.]

[Private to Mir; Rondo:  Just keeping things on track with each post; still pending a response from Rondo to confirm his S9 action.  Thanks!
Rondo
 Rondo Telek, 93 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 15:46
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 183):

[Private to Kraven Kor: I guess I need to try to take control of this situation.  Here goes nothing.]

[Private to Kraven Kor; Mir: Rondo fights against the extra gravity being applied as he tries to convince the bridge crew to stand down.  In his most assertive drill instructor voice he shouts at them emphatically, "Holster your weapons and stand down!  I'm Agent Telek with OAU Internal Security!  I need to restore art-g in here right now and find out why our weapons are firing.  Holster your weapons or you'll never see the outside of a brig again!"]

[Private to Kraven Kor: 10:43, Today: 18 PRE Attack; Rondo rolled 12 using 3d6 with rolls of 2,5,5.
10:44, Today: Persuasion, 13-; Rondo rolled 13 using 3d6 with rolls of 1,6,6.
]
Kraven Kor
 GM, 519 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 15:59
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Rondo (msg # 184):

[Private to Mir; Rondo:  You...  think they won't shoot you, but they still don't look convinced.  You can try to use your PAD on S12.

In HERO terms, your PRE attack beat their PRE by enough to give them pause...  Rondo will be up next on T1, S12.  Results for T1, S12 may have to wait on responses from Jed and/or Techie.
]
Rondo
 Rondo Telek, 94 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 16:14
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 185):

[Private to Kraven Kor; Mir: Seeing them pause, Rondo goes back to working on his PAD.]

[Private to Kraven Kor: "Jeeves, give me a status report."

"Skeezy, what is Jed doing?"

Trying to get the computers to restore art-g.
11:12, Today: SysOp: Computer Systems, 20-; Rondo rolled 10 using 3d6 with rolls of 2,6,2.
]
Kraven Kor
 GM, 520 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 16:26
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Rondo (msg # 186):

[Private to Rondo:  You bypass secondary systems and access the main ship computer... and realize you have larger problems than the lack of art-g.  The Major has set up a series of events; you stop the next one before it happens - the ship was about to reverse thrust for a few seconds.

The dropship just vaporized the two gunships - full salvos on each of the two ships, with neither of them having defenses activated.  The Mercy II is hailing the dropship, but the transponder array has been locked out and encrypted - it will be days before you can decrypt and respond, at least through traditional methods.

(Jeeves:)"The Major is stunned but not yet contained, sir."

(Skeezy - mocking Jed's voice the best he can:)"Talking.  "Blah-blah-blah don't shoot us, we're the good guys!'"
]

[Private to Mir; Rondo:  Mir is recovered from CON Stun, unless 20 STUN took you to negative stun, and up on S12.

The bridge crew, and now two more from the corridor, nervously cover the two of you with stunners.
]

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:36, Wed 28 Jan 2015.

Kraven Kor
 GM, 521 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 16:33
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 187):

[Private to Rondo:  Oh, you are also picking up a tight beam comm... coming from the TSR corvette?  No.  From a TSR gunship about 1.5m km out...  it repeats:  Escaped from TSR, limited supplies, need medical help, Will trade.]
Rondo
 Rondo Telek, 95 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 16:48
Re: The Transfer
In reply to Kraven Kor (msg # 187):
[Private to Kraven Kor:
quote:
Oh, you are also picking up a tight beam comm... coming from the TSR corvette?  No.  From a TSR gunship about 1.5m km out...  it repeats:  Escaped from TSR, limited supplies, need medical help, Will trade.


We've all got problems, pal...  Holy fucking, fuck!  He blew away those gunships!  No, we blew them away...
]

[Private to Kraven Kor; Mir: A stunned look comes over Rondo's face.  "Major Duschesne just blew away our gunship escorts.  I have to focus on getting control of the system back.  He's locked out comms and we need to contact the Mercy II or else they are going to think we are hostile."]
Kraven Kor
 GM, 523 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 17:30
Re: The Transfer
OK at this point we are basically done with combat time...  new thread incoming.

With the Major disabled, and the crew at least not "stunning first and asking questions later" for the moment, you all begin to take stock of the situation.
Kraven Kor
 GM, 536 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 22:04
Re: The Transfer
Please continue this in the following thread:

link to a message in this game

(Just making sure everyone is aware; thanks!)