The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea.   Posted by The Grey Lords.Group: 0
Berta
 player, 575 posts
 of Ilmiora
Sun 14 Apr 2019
at 06:40
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
"By the withered member of Chardros !" Berta swears as she realises the demon seeks easy prey in the form of the ensorcelled Pan Tangian.

The warrior woman does not hesitate, surging forwards, wading through the foul waters towards the demon, fist clenched and sword held ready to strike.

"Your death, should you dare dismiss me so easily !" she yells, trying to get the creature's attention, leading with her blade as soon as she's within reach, then lunging forward to batter the demon with her metal clad fist.
Viktor
 player, 804 posts
Mon 15 Apr 2019
at 18:44
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Before realizing what is happening, the world goes black. Starts to dream of nightmares of the past.
Angrboda
 player, 591 posts
Mon 15 Apr 2019
at 18:51
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Agrboda, trepidatious as always when physical violence is happening, draws her dagger and moves to protect her fallen companion, "Get up you drunken idiot, it's your time to shine." she says as she reaches his side and kicks some water on his face to try and wake him, standing ready should the demon attack the man.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 837 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 00:50
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Justin is only a half step ahead of the Ilmorian Amazon. Glancing to the side at her as he nods and gives a reassuring wink. The morose and gloomy demeanor seems to have vanished away by a strange sort of vigor. Justin darts to the side in an attempt to divide the creatures attention between Berta and himself. It is obvious that the creature is as strong as it is slow. Each of the arms flex a few times as if not sure which one to go after now that new toys are within it's range.

Justin's Rapier darts out only to be turned aside and ignored by the beast as it begins to track Berta in her own forward charge. As in the case with Justin, her attack is considerably quicker than the demon can track and she is able to easily land a blow. And just as in Justin's case, her longsword clangs harmlessly off the thick bony hide of the serpentine beast. A hissing roar of effort escapes the skeletal head as it shifts it's bulk towards Berta. This side track allows Justin to once again dart in with his rapier with once again little effect on the beast.

The bored face of the Oracle stares down on the fighting below as she easily hangs on the back of the foul guardian demon.

Berta takes the opportunity to once again move and and bash the beast with an offhand strike from the brass gauntlets of Queen Media. There is a slight clang of metal on something hard as the razors edge of the gauntlets do little to penetrate the hide. The beast's lumbering arms swing wide causing water and rubble to eject into the air as the arms fail to hit Berta as she moves out of the way. Taking a moment to strike what would be a exposed side Berta slides in and hits again with a similar effect as the first strike. The beast twists and attempts to grab Berta with the remaining hands only to find Berta is considerably faster and easily splashes out of range.

Angerboda makes it to the Pan Tangian Barbarians side with possibly only the notice of the Oracle herself. He continues to float lazily on the splashing currents.
Viktor
 player, 805 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 20:00
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Feeling the presence of Angrboda trying to help him causes his demon heart to go crazy with power and energy.  Starts to twitch as hatred fills his heart and lack of soul. Yells out his loudest battle cry and emerges from the water. Grabs his axe and takes his mightiest swing over Angrbodas head making sure to miss her towards the demons neck. Throwing himself towards the demon as if he was possessed himself.
Berta
 player, 576 posts
 of Ilmiora
Fri 19 Apr 2019
at 04:57
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Berta's frustration as the creature barely even notices her blows is quickly replaced by concern for her own skin as she ducks and weaves to avoid its grasping hands ... though as Viktor's bellows herald him rising from the waters, the warrior woman grins broadly.

"I think, perhaps, you will not be so pleased now to have come looking for death," she tells it, unable to resist adding, "I did tell you so !"

Inspired by the Pan Tangian's enthusiasm for the battle, Berta renews her attack with blade and fist, hoping to do more than simply provide a distraction while Viktor carves the creature up.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 839 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 13:59
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
The demonic beast is suddenly reminded of a new pray as Viktor bursts forth from the water screaming his own battlecry. As if anticipating conflict his huge double handed axe springs to his hands as he attempts to slice into the seemingly impervious demon.

Using this distraction Berta launches forward with her longsword in hopes of finding purchase, only to have it once again find only sparks as it hit the hardened skin and glance off.

Viktor takes a step around Angrboda in order to get into range of the beast and hefts a mighty swing. In the twilight the etched triangle of Law glows slightly leaving a tiny luminescent trail as the blade arcs into the the flesh of the beast. Parting the bony exterior like mere human flesh Viktors blade slices cleanly into the beast rewarding those around with a surprised howl.

Justin moves in hoping to capitalize on the distraction caused by the crazed Pan Tangian only to have similar results as Berta as his own rapier only causes sparks. Dancing backwards Justin's frustration becomes evident. "Damn beasts skin is to thick!"

Berta's moves in for one more attempt with her gauntlets only to verify that punching a brick wall may have more effect than hitting this otherworldly skin of the beast.

In anger and frustration the beast swipes at Viktor contacting the plate encrusted warrior with it's boulder sized hands with a powerful roundhouse knocking him off his feet with a resounding clang of bone vs plate leaving a large dent in the breastplate. Seeing one prey knocked down the demonic beast narrows on the next closest prey just outside of gauntlet range and counter swipes against Berta. It's powerful swipes continue to spray water by sheer momentum as it catches Berta during her strategic withdrawal. While Berta's lighter armor gives her an advantage in some situations, in this case it gives next to nothing as a few of the brass rings become detached at the beasts impact. Berta is also tossed back, almost effortlessly, due to the fists impact causing a tidal spray of lichen and water to douse the area.

Andrew, Rael, and Not-Khazim make the pool in time to witness the waterworks. Both Andrew and Rael take pause to assess the situation while Not-Khazim roars his own challenge and barrels into the water creating his own counterwake as the short nomad moves forward with hate filled purpose.
Angrboda
 player, 592 posts
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 18:27
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Angrboda looks at her tiny dagger and then back at the beastly demon attacking the group, "Well, I hope you have decided to wake up fully." she says to the magical weapon as she looks for an opening to stab at the demon.

OOC:  Not sure how the system works but she is tryiong to fight defensively, making sure she has a chance to parry if she gets attack.
Berta
 player, 577 posts
 of Ilmiora
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 12:48
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
So fierce is the blow that sends Berta flying that it leaves her lying all but senseless in the foul waters, spitting blood as she tries and fails to stand ...

... and then her head rocks back as dark energies coruscate within her breast and a roar of rage and vengeance is torn raw from her throat !

The pain of her wounds now seems to trouble her not at all as the warrior-woman rises from the lake, as if it pushes her away, her sword clutched in one hand like a talon, her other hand a bent and battered mass that resembles nothing more than a cudgel.

With that terrible scream still shaking her form, Berta lunges forwards, heedless now of any danger.

The sword strike is wild, more a menace to any near her than to the spider-creature ... but that misshapen fist hammers hard against the demon's carapace, the impact merely fuelling her anger.
Viktor
 player, 807 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 21:19
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Watches Berta get knocked down fuels his blood lust rage. Gets up and tries to take a swing with his mighty axe at the beasts knees. Trying to hurry before Not Khazim shows up.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 841 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 12 May 2019
at 21:22
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Berta raises from the scummy water with purpose as she hacks at the skeletal beast. Justin's words hold true as Berta's sword sparks off of the beasts hide as she brings it down in a wild chopping motion. Her attack gives Viktor the moment for himself to slide in with his Lormyrian Axe. Only Viktor, or his god, knows what fuels the rage that strengthens each of his blows as once again his mighty axe cleaves into the bony beast releasing a wash of ichor from a second large gash.
Justin moves next to Angrboda, "Sometimes the better part of Valor is to know when the large flying blades are best to be away from." He motions towards Viktor with his rapier.

Justin is roughly body-shoved out of the way as Not-Khazim barrels forward past Angrboda and Justin, spear in hand. A quick thrust of the weapon proves as much effect as Berta's sword moments before.

Distracted by the number of targets, and how easily Viktor seems to be able to slice away chunks of the bony armor, the trashing of the beast accomplishes little more than spraying everyone with scummy water.
Berta
 player, 579 posts
 of Ilmiora
Wed 15 May 2019
at 14:23
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
The uselessness of her blade against this demon is all too apparent, even without the further example of Justin and Not-Khazim ... yet Berta does not abandon her sword, much as she would like to simply toss it aside, for the creature seems to view the weapon as a threat, sufficient at least to give it some pause and allow Viktor to breach its defences.

Yet the warrior-woman is not prepared simply to stand and watch - if naught else the rage that burns within her will not countenance such passivity.

Instead she puts all her strength into one mighty blow, slamming her fist into the demon's carapace with as much force as she can muster.
Angrboda
 player, 594 posts
Wed 15 May 2019
at 15:03
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Angrboda looks down at the tiny dagger in her hand and then back to the massive demon, even knowing the dagger holds a demon also doesn't make her confident in her ability to hurt the thrashing beast in front of her.  Seeing the ineffectual attacks of Justin and Berts however she decides to throw her lot in and attempt an attack on the beast.

OOC: 08:02, Today: Angrboda rolled 58 using 1d100.

I guess that means I hit?

Viktor
 player, 808 posts
Mon 20 May 2019
at 16:53
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Happy for a moment that his axe is able to cut the beast. Waits for another moment to slice, when he notices something floating in the water. Reaches down and the beast has made him spill his wine sack.  Pissed beyond belief throws the sack at the beast. Smoke almost pours out of him as he lets out his loudest battle cry yet as a warning to his comrades that they might want to duck. Waits for the perfect opportunity to go for the neck of the beast.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 843 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Thu 23 May 2019
at 22:06
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Angrboda is able to slide in the reach of the trashing skeletal beast as it continues to concentrate on Viktor and his axe. Sadly, like most of the bladed weapons before it, Angrboda's dagger glances off of the thick bony hide of the oracle's mount. Moving along side the nonhuman sorceress, Justin Adds his own darting rapier for a duplicate success as he adds frustration to his stabbing thrust. Each of the attackers darts around the lumbering beast with a ferocity of a hundred ants swarming as Berta adds her own heavy fists to the fray. Bone chips fly as her own dented gauntlet continues to smash down on the beast.

Not-Khazim attempts to jab once more with the short boar spear with as much results as his/it's first thrust. Anger and frustration is matched with steam as droplets hit the spear which has taken on the bluish glow leaking from Not-Khazim's eyes. Ineffective swipes from the beast are easily dodged as water is sprayed across the area in the beasts obviously weakening attempts to hit the assembled attackers.

Viktor's axe is able to finally land a blow. He is able to once again bury his axe deep into the beasts hide. The final hit releases a wave of nasty fluid that washes over the Pan Tangian soldier covering the not submerged portions with a vile smelling fluid. The Beast thrashes for a moment and collapses into the foul water to lay still.

The oracle remains suspended in the air as if it were still on the beasts back.
"You are worthy enough to pass the first test. What is it you seek?" She slowly drifts down to the surface of the calming pool, her unseeing eyes slowly washing over those assembled in the pool.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:32, Fri 24 May.

Berta
 player, 581 posts
 of Ilmiora
Sat 25 May 2019
at 06:33
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
As the beast finally falls, Berta stands panting, struggling to master the rage that still burns within her breast.  And even as she does regain some semblance of control, the Oracle's words cause that anger to rise up again.

First test ? She purses her lips to keep the curses that want to spill from her tongue from gushing forth, turning her attention to her crushed hand.

Clumsily sheathing her blade with the other, the warrior-woman grits her teeth and sets about trying to prise off the damaged gauntlet without further damaging the hand within, leaving Angrboda and Justin to bandy words with the beautiful but eyeless Oracle.
Viktor
 player, 809 posts
Sun 26 May 2019
at 16:59
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Upset that the beast's head didn't go flying as he dumps out the wine sack and puts it in his pocket. Glad the beast was destroyed. First you spill my wine and then cover me with demon guts! Tries shaking off the nasty liquid covering him and starts to laugh.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 846 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Thu 6 Jun 2019
at 19:23
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea


Andrew and Justin wait a few moments till things are calmed down and everyone has taken an inventory of the damage. Both of them exchange glances and obviously unspoken words. Stealing a glance at Not-Khazim Justin steps forward and begins "We have traveled far to seek your knowledge. In this time we are seeking the answers to what has plagued one off our companions." He motions towards Not-Khazim "What we seek is a way to free our friend and return each entity to where they are supposed to be." His hand returns to his side. "That is my question to you Oracle."

Andrew nods and flashes a quick thumbs up with the intention that Not-Khazim is unable to see.
Viktor
 player, 812 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2019
at 02:33
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Keeps laughing hysterically as the blood starts to flow back to normal. B...eTrying to say Berta as his legs start to buckle. Looks at Berta as his eyes roll back to normal and faints straight backwards.
Angrboda
 player, 599 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2019
at 18:43
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
"Well, after that we can go with where are we?" says Angrboda wondering how many questions they get before another challenge is put forth, "Follow by how do we get out of here?"
Berta
 player, 583 posts
 of Ilmiora
Sat 8 Jun 2019
at 05:24
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
The warrior-woman's struggle to remove her ruined gauntlet ceases abruptly as the demon heart within her grows quiescent, and the cold realisation strikes her of what has happened, forcing from her mind any consideration of what answers she might demand of the Oracle.

"By the Lords of Law and Enthropy and all that lies between !" she swears, biting down on the terror as she stares at her left hand, her jaw tightening as she struggles to open and close her fingers. "This Thrice-be-damned metal glove is now melded with my flesh ... part of me !"

Viktor:
B...eTrying to say Berta as his legs start to buckle. Looks at Berta as his eyes roll back to normal and faints straight backwards.

Even preoccupied as she is, and most usually inclined to ignore Viktor's complaints, she can't ignore the big Pan Tangian falling back into the water, rousing her and sending her striding to his side, to haul him up so at least his head is out of the water, holding him protectively as she calls his name and shakes him, trying to rouse him.

"Viktor !  Viktor ! Wake, damn you ... Viktor !"
The Grey Lords
 GM, 848 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 21:21
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Rael gathers his bag and runs over to the edge of the scummy pool motioning to berta and the once again immobile form of Viktor. "I need him on the shore! I need to see all his wounds." He steps in towards Berta leaving his bag on the edge of the pool. Sloshing forward he moves to try and grab the iron shod boots of Viktor in an effort to help move the solid Pan Tangian to the shore.

Not-Khazim sits immobile his staring split between the oracle, Justin, and Andrew.

The Oracle floats just barely above the water. Her blind face impassive and emotionless, as if it does not notice the commotion surrounding Viktor. "That of which you seek can not be found here. It lies beyond which holds the shallow waters at bay. There, among the last vestiges of humanity, will you find the key to your answer." The Oracle tilts her head a bit upon hearing Angrboda's voice. "You stand upon the highest peaks of M'oor Talen. You stand on the land of the whispering sea. Do you not like it? Can you not hear your ancestors call to you from the past? Can you not hear them calling you to join them?" A small smile creeps on the Oracle's face that seems far more unnerving than comforting. "To leave, little one, You must find that which keeps the shallow waters at bay."

Andrew looks back towards Berta and Rael. He hastens a few steps to help the duo drag Viktor towards the shore.


OOC>> This next part is under the assumption that you ARE going to get Viktor to the shore.

With considerable effort the limp body of Viktor is unceremoniously dragged and set on the edge of the pool. Rael quickly digs into his rucksack and begins to hand vials to anyone with an open hand. Thanks to the fact that Viktor had removed his armor prior to the incident Rael has easy access to the multiple gashes and tears in his thick hide. Shards of masonry stick out of various wounds. After each shard is removed Rael instructs someone with a free hand to jab a poultice on and to begin wrapping with any free cloth.

OOC>> Viktor has been pelted with dozens of shards and is weeping blood. After several minuets Rael will get them patched and Vitor stable. However, due to the shock Viktor does not seem to be regaining consciousness.
Viktor
 player, 813 posts
Sat 15 Jun 2019
at 14:12
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
The world goes black and visions appear of women, wine and puppies. Chuckles a little in his sleep as he drifts off to never never land...
Angrboda
 player, 600 posts
Sat 15 Jun 2019
at 18:05
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Angrboda shakes her head, "Damn demons and their cryptic answers." she thinks as she listens to the riddles spewing forth from the oracles mouth, "Alright then, how do we find the thing that keeps the shallow waters at bay?"
Berta
 player, 584 posts
 of Ilmiora
Sun 16 Jun 2019
at 05:34
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Having given her blood that she might hear the Oracle, Berta now struggles to close her ears to the nonsense that the blind woman spouts, all her attention on the unconscious Pan Tangian.

Getting Viktor out of the pool was the easy part, for all that even she, strong and big as she is, needed the help of Rael and Andrew to move him, hampered as she was by a hand that is now more blade than flesh.

And her fallen friend needs no more cuts or tears, for the demon's demise has hurt him badly, she sees, tearing makeshift bandages and applying them as the pale man directs her, the battle to save Viktor one that swords and axes even razor sharp fists cannot win.

"Is it working ?" she questions Rael urgently, glaring at the Oracle over his shoulder.  "Why does he not awaken ?"