The Prisoner - The Arrival.   Posted by The Grey Lords.Group: archive 1
The Grey Lords
 GM, 84 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 14:56
The Prisoner - The Arrival
As the world once again takes focus your eyes adjust to the fading light as the sky is quickly dimming. You find yourselves on the edge of a great wood along a well used dirt road. In the distance some mile or so away you can see the twinkling lights of campfires and freshly lit torches of a small village. Astralgyx is once again in the homespun cowled robe that you first met him in back in Old Hrolmar. It is great to be back in the Young Kingdoms away from all that strange swirling chaos.

but... wait

In the shadow of the great moon you see long strands of gold and darkness. As your eyes follow these great chains, you see that they are anchoring themselves to large floating "islands". One side of each of these floating landmasses the Gold chain stretches towards the great moon. The dark chains anchor the exact opposite side of each chunk of rock and stretch off into the void and darkness. Looking closely you think you can see twinkling of lights on the other floating masses on the same side that occupies the golden chain.

After taking in the alien landscape, you sense something is wrong. The sinister joking nature and tinkling of bells that normally would have accompanied Astralgyx is quiet. In the fading light you think you see a moody scowl on his twisted face. "Here!" he harshly whispers, thrusting a filthy, crumpled piece of paper into the hands of Rael. He quickly looks around as if on the lookout for something. "This is a map of the royal palace of Media. It is not complete but it is the best I could manage. You are supposed to figure a way in, Find the prisoner known as the Tenatir, and bring him back to me here."

The piece of paper contains a hastily sketched diagram of the palace and a basic drawing of the interior, the other side of the parchment is some quickly scribbled notes. Pointing into the air off to the far horizon "That is Syfera, over there, it is about 200 miles away. Sorry but this is as close as we could get. Sphere alignment and all that. This happened last time I was here also."

Parchment is in the Play Aids Thread

[Private to Khazim; Rael Gol; Viktor: Following Astralgyx's finger you can make out an island shrouded in darkness. The only reason you could see it is due to the tiny pinpoints of light]
[Private to Eclair; Hraal: Following Astralgyx's finger you see nothing, He appears to be pointing into the dark void]
[Private to Eclair; Rael Gol; Viktor: It is also evident that Astralgyx simply does not want to be here. He knows he is in a VERY dangerous area and you sense that he is lying about several things by his actions and tone]
Rael Gol
 player, 21 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 20:15
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael took a deep breath eyes closed as he felt the world take form around him. This time it was better and although it was a minor point of light it still made him smile until he recalled the demon heart in his chest and that perhaps this was just another side effect.

He takes the map and examine it showing it to anyone who'd be interested. He smile at the fool, "Oh brave Astralgyx, I am sure a cunning man like you with razor sharp wits can find a way to set us closer to destination. Two hundredth miles are a long stretch even on a flat land... it would take us weeks to cross the gulf and would make escape afterwards even riskier."

He lean closer to the fool ear "Imagine that our whole plan would depend on where you place out... surely you'd be able to reap a nice reward from her majesty the queen."
Hraal
 player, 28 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 21:50
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"We shall find this prisoner," says Hraal, scanning the void, and then the parchment. He moves about to obtain a better view, and the red joints of his demon armor groan and buckle.
Eclair
 Player, 13 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Thu 29 Jan 2015
at 05:10
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair's eye slowly take in the strange alien landscape as her stomach slowly stops flipping. The first impression is easily of a land divided amongst forces. She frowns as the imp points into nothing and names it. She scans the other floating islands from golden end to shadowed end and frowns deeply. She had a feeling the shadowy end was not a safe place. She sighed as she sensed that the imp also felt threatened here.

If he felt threatened, she felt positively terrified of whatever lurked these lands. Still, she committed the name "Syfera" to memory and then began to adjust her armor to cover her in a makeshift fashion. She also checked her purse and noted a few coins. She didn't not know what it would take to replace or repair her armor, but that was probably not enough. She gritted her teeth. This nightmare was getting on her nerves. Why did it have to be so damned, blood real? She sighed and quickly stowed her looted gear about her person. She put the shells in an easy to reach pocket and cracked open the boomstick to see that it was loaded.

She looked at her hand and grinned, [Language unknown:  "K Ni ndsa a man art fo, na moman man nde isce m? We urolom stistafor T erse ur chpeou ove overatlinsta acfill peweol."] She looked around at her companions with a cheeky grin before she remembered they would not be able to understand her language or know what "Evil Dead" was. Her smile fell as she placed the crucifix around her neck and the knife on her belt. She should have checked the masked man's purse.

She looked to the imp, "If you cannot get us any closer, how about... uhmm, horses or something? What ever people used to travel here? Too bad we don't have a [Language unknown:  ess]"
Khazim
 player, 43 posts
Thu 29 Jan 2015
at 18:27
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Khazim thinks to himself; "200 miles? That is a long journey even with good horses!" He checks his gear as he disembarks and eyes the strange terrain warily. He approves of Rael's attempt to get something more out of the strange jester but isn't convinced it will work. Assuming the team can get to the location he figures maybe he can use stealth to climb up into the palace and determine a way to sneak the others in. He knows a straight fight would be the death of them all and as a nomad hunter he isn't exactly a gem with negotiation.
Viktor
 player, 29 posts
Fri 30 Jan 2015
at 02:41
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Suddenly feels a little more like his old less demonic self...Rael I apologize for kicking a fallen warriors hand at you, not sure what came over me.  Now Jester unless you want to meet my little razor sharp friend here, I suggest you tell us how exactly we travel 200 miles.  realizes he still has a sack of wine and takes a big swig and lets out a loud rude belch.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 86 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 30 Jan 2015
at 04:25
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
A gnarled hand pokes out from under Astralgyx's sleeve. "Of course I know of a way to get you there. Just take an airship." The last part is spoken in a "matter of fact" tone. Seeing that no recognition crosses your faces he continues on. "A ship that flies through the air. It is the method of which all travel between the skylands is done. Down at that village there you can get yourselves a ticket." Astralgyx points to the small village that can be seen in the distance further down the road. Easily a good hour walk.

His hands fold in on themselves again and disappear into a fold in his robes. He pulls out a large spherical object wrapped in plan brownish paper. "A gift from Pollidemia to help you in your task. I know not it's contents, but do not worry her gifts are always strange, and useful. I'll wait here in these woods till you are done and return with Pollidemia's servant. But do not worry, I can keep an eye on you from here, so no funny business. Just get back here as soon as you can so we can leave this place." Obviously not wanting to wait around in the open anymore Astralgyx turns and begins to hobble towards the woods.

Taking a quick look at the item that Astralgyx produced you see that it is a, orange sized, crystal clear, glass globe. Scrawled on the paper are a few words FOR YOUR ENEMIES. As you take in your bearings you see that portions of the sky begin to gain a slight luminescence. In the direction that the jester initially pointed you see the slight shimmer of an island framed by, what would best be described as, Moonlight. Slowly, a somewhat terrifying thought crosses your mind, You have to fly.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:27, Fri 30 Jan 2015.

Eclair
 Player, 14 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Fri 30 Jan 2015
at 04:40
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair allows someone else to take the "gift" as she wants nothing at all to do with Pollidemia's presents. She wants little to do with this job but the heart beating in her chest gives her few options but to comply. How could she know what manner of trickery was involved there? AS the imp's words flow through her mind, she snaps a suspicious look at him; had he just said airships? At the current count that made barbarians with swords, demons, some kind of magically inserted artificial hearts, floating islands, and airships. She rolled her eyes and tried to wonder what else the universe could throw at her.

She checked her gear looked at her companions and then jerked her chin toward the village before she began walking. Sometimes, when you were having a bad trip it was best to just ride it out. Especially when there was a crazed demoness/goddess holding the steering wheel and threatening to "pull this car" over.
Rael Gol
 player, 22 posts
Fri 30 Jan 2015
at 06:41
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael smiles at Viktor and his smile is a little forced so what of that "Think nothing of that Viktor... we were all rattled by the "gift" of the queen." the queen fool was in hearing distance and he had no wish for the little weasel to have something to report.

If no one else seem to be willing to take the gift Rael take it in his hands and examine it "Any idea how to use this think? should I just toss it at an enemy or what?"
Viktor
 player, 30 posts
Sat 31 Jan 2015
at 02:40
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Astralgyx, I thank you for the information.  We will not fail her majesty.  None of us will try anything funny or I will make them scream after I remove their arms and legs and decide if they would be an appropriate offering for my homeland's musical choir.

Looks over to Rael and hands him his empty coin pouch...my little friend see if the orb will fit into this and tie it inside your pocket, my axe will make sure you or it is not harmed...I would take it but I don't think the majesty should have put a demon heart into a warrior of my morbid and beautiful homeland

Puts his wine sack away and cleans a piece of demon flesh from his mighty axe. Lets out a demonic loud laugh...Let's go find this ship before this demon heart turns me into something other then my gentlemanish self... laughs another even more demonic sounding laugh and starts to walk in the direction of the ship. Looks over at his little buddy and nods to assure him if anything or anyone is going to hurt him or the orb, they might just regret it.




17:50, Today: Viktor rolled 51 using 1d100. find the correct path to get to the ship?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Sat 31 Jan 2015.

The Grey Lords
 GM, 89 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 1 Feb 2015
at 01:31
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael takes on the role of the gift bearer with some trepidation. Turning the glass bauble over in his hands, the almost perfect beauty of the orb seems to transfix his gaze. Hardly heavier than a handful of wool, the orb seems to nestle warmly in Rael's hand. Slowly a small black smudge begins to swim within the crystal clear globe. Growing thicker, darker, and slowly taking over more and more, the smudge begins  changing the orb's color. First a smoky color eventually settling on an inky black, onyx like, color.

Seconds before Astralgyx disappears into the thick brush of the forest you see him stop and turn. As if deciding if leaving you alone was a good choice he stares at the group. Raising both hands at the elbows, he waves both of them down in an obvious motion of disgust. You swear you hear him scowl "Bah!" before turning once again and vanishing into the woods.

Standing on the side of the road, it is plain that the only true choice in this strange land is to head towards the town. If the gnarled imp was correct, your passage to the land of Syfera begins there. You take this time to stretch your legs, loosen some of the battles cramps, and simply enjoy the crisp clear air. The going is easy as the road is definitely well traveled and marked. The only thing that bothers you now is the fact that there are no real stars. Knowing what you have seen, those twinkling lights are merely cities and other inhabited locations on other floating islands.

After 30 minuets or so of walking you hear a quick and muffled shout coming from off the road to the left. Peering off in that direction, your vision is blocked by a low rolling hill. TING, TANG, TAP the sound of metal on metal drifts from behind the hill a few moments later.
Eclair
 Player, 16 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sun 1 Feb 2015
at 08:11
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair heard a sound at once both alien and distinctly familiar. It was as if she had two sets of ears and one recognized the sound of metal striking metal while the other registered that knowledge but had never before hear it. Two sets of experience warred inside her skull as she stared blankly toward the sound for several long minutes then sighed and began to move toward it. One hand went to her sword while the other moved toward the tube she had secured to her backpack.

She tried to move as quietly as she could to crest the hill and see what was on the other side unannounced.

[Private to The Grey Lords: 16:09, Today: Eclair rolled 88 using 1d100. Move Quiet.  Against a 90, that is a success.]

Again, her split experiences seem to guide her feet as she crept closer and she was pretty confident of her stealth.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 92 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 4 Feb 2015
at 01:35
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair takes the initiative to sneak quietly over the hill. The remainder of the party decides to let Eclair become the "official" scout and remains on the road, eyes wary in case the noises are merely a distraction for an ambush.

[Private to Eclair: (I'm doing it this way as people have logged in, but no one wants to take any initiative and post)
As you slowly belly climb up the hill you feel a sort of confidence in your skill, as if it these martial skills were almost natural. (19:10, Today: The Grey Lords, on behalf of Eclair, rolled 49 using 1d100. Hide. - Good enough) Cresting the top of the hill you are able to spy down into a small clearing in the woods. A short red haired man stands, sword drawn, against several green cloaked adversaries. He is currently holding his own, however it is evident that 6 against 1 is against him.

To one side of the clearing are a group of men and women, many of whom also have red hair. They stand, as if in a daze, completely unmindful of the battle that is going on in front of them.
]

Eclair crests the hill and settles down to take account of what she see's on the other side. The sounds of sword on sword rings through the area.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 01:35, Wed 04 Feb 2015.

Eclair
 Player, 17 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Wed 4 Feb 2015
at 04:39
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Having quietly reacher her vantage and concealing herself by staying below the hill line, Eclair did two things: marveled at her puysical prowess and watch the scene below. She did not move back down the hill nor make any noise to give away her position. She neither owed anything to the cretons standing idly below nor did she feel a need to yet intervene in the altercation. If her confederates had moved on, she could understand or if they had followed her example that would make sense, but they milled like indecisive sheep. On the other hand, she meant to watch a bit longer. In the last hour she had seen magic practiced, mad imps right out of a Lewis Carroll nightmare, and demons alive and dead. She would assume nothing about this scene, thank you very much.

That said, she figured the folks down there had valuable local knowledge their group could benefit from and talking to one side or the other would be a good idea. Still, who was evil, good, neither, or both was up in the air currently. She was in favor of the red-haired group now but would make her decision shortly then do something about it.

[Private to GM: I poked em boss!]
Khazim
 player, 44 posts
Wed 4 Feb 2015
at 14:10
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Being a hunter by trade as well as having scouting experience Khazim takes a different path from Eclair to be able to observe what is over the hill from a different vantage point. He is confident his skills in stealthy movement from years of hunting will serve him well here in this strange place. He has his bow out and an arrow nocked on the bowstring as he makes his way along the path he determined. He is still trying to get used to the presence of the demon heart in his body, not liking it but knowing at this point there is nothing he can do about it.
Viktor
 player, 38 posts
Fri 6 Feb 2015
at 00:05
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Should we go check out the metal sounds of fighting or shall we keep on our way? says in a deep not too loud voice....
Khazim
 player, 46 posts
Fri 6 Feb 2015
at 14:14
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Seeing what he is seeing Khazim decides to intervene. No matter what the circumstances he cannot let one stand alone against six. Moving closer he lets fly an arrow from his bow at any of the six behind the lone swordsman. He quickly pulls out another arrow and readys it to fly at the next target.

OOC: Today: Khazim rolled 91 using 1d100. Bowshot on 1 of the 6 attackers.
Today: Khazim rolled 9,1 using 1d8+2,1d2. Arrow damage on 1 attacker. (that would be 10 damage)

The Grey Lords
 GM, 94 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 6 Feb 2015
at 15:25
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Ready or not, Khazim starts things into motion. Taking just a few scant seconds, he lines up a shot, lets fly and readies a second arrow. Flying swift and true the arrow catches one of the green cloaked attackers high in the chest. The attackers are stunned for a few seconds as they register the attack from an unexpected quarter. The target slowly sinks to the ground crumpling a few feet away from the lone swordsman. As the attackers spend the second dumbfounded the lone swordsman take the opportunity to slash at the one who attempted to blackjack him before.

In a dazzling display of skill, the lone swordsman quickly lunges forward and skewers a second attacker, cleanly inserting the blade deep into the chest of a green cloaked individual. This action brings the rest of the green cloaked attackers back to reality as they begin to rally. One of the attackers pulls a dagger from their belt and uses it to motion the three remaining to head towards Khazim. Turning back, the attacker faces off against the red haired swordsman with renewed vigor. It is obvious that the one left behind's intention is to kill the swordsman as quick as possible.

Time for combat rolls. As before either post here or PM me with your actions. Unless posted otherwise Rael is not participating in this combat as a combatant. As a recap: there are 2 green cloaks down, possibly dead. 3 green cloaks are heading towards Khazim cautiously as they know he has a bow. 1 green cloak is attacking the red haired swordsman in an all out offense.
Eclair
 Player, 19 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sat 7 Feb 2015
at 06:30
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
If it were up to Eclair, she would have watched a few more seconds, but one of her companions interrupted that plan with an arrow through a man's chest. She gritted her teeth and then lurched up from the ground and started a headlong charge down to the one on one match up. Trying to draw some of the other' three's attention, she let loose her best blood-curdling scream as she drew her sword and readied the boomstick in her offhand.

In her mind, she had it pictured as ducking and weaving and using the gun, but she instinctively raised her strange sword instead and swung skill she was a bit shocked at toward the man trying to attack the red-haired man. Ecalir cared nothing about odds being fair or not; fair was a construct idiots used to make themselves feel better about losing. But, if they were going to get involved in this fight, then she was going to try and rescue this man to find out who he was. IF it turned out he was the aggressor and at fauly, she would deal with that then.

[Private to GM: 14:27, Today: Eclair rolled 7 using 1d4+5. Damage.
14:26, Today: Eclair rolled 66 using 1d100. Blaze Fire.

Also, a couple dodge rolls if attacks come her way,
14:29, Today: Eclair rolled 35 using 1d100. Dodge 2.
14:29, Today: Eclair rolled 1 using 1d100. Dodge 1.
]
Rael Gol
 player, 24 posts
Sat 7 Feb 2015
at 13:17
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Never trained for stealth, Rael was waiting for the two that climb the hill to return with the tale of what they saw. Instead it seem whatever they saw incite them to action. Turning to Vikktor and the others left behind he motions to the hill "I think it would be best for you to help, we already lost two of our group and we will need ever able men and women to rescue that prisoner."

He offer a weak smile "I'll be behind you ready to give aid and first aid." he pat his herb pouch, I really need to get some weapon training, he thought as his fingers touched his only weapon, the sharp dagger at his side.
Viktor
 player, 39 posts
Sat 7 Feb 2015
at 23:48
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
In reply to Rael Gol (msg # 20):

decides why not..lifts up his mighty axe...lets out a loud demonic howl and runs toward the green cloaks and swings his axe to destroy..
Khazim
 player, 47 posts
Sun 8 Feb 2015
at 00:00
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Khazim sends an arrow at the single assailant attacking the swordsman. His hope is to take him out of the fight so the swordsman and he can sandwich the other three between them. Knowing he is sure to be attacked he dips and dodges after releasing his arrow.

OOC: Today: Khazim rolled 17 using 1d100. Bowshot at attacker on swordsman. (critical success!)
Today: Khazim rolled 4,2 using 1d8+2,1d2. Arrow damage. (x2 for critical is 12 damage)
Today: Khazim rolled 74 using 1d100. Dodge #1 (with right die). (failure)
Today: Khazim rolled 4 using 1d100. Dodge #2. (critical success)
Today: Khazim rolled 6 using 2d4. Armor roll. (armor absorbs 6 damage if 1st attack hits)

The Grey Lords
 GM, 96 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 8 Feb 2015
at 02:44
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
The three green cloaked individuals duck, dodge, and sweep up towards Khazim on the hilltop. Their confident strides all of a sudden checked as a second person appears atop the hill. With numbers still on the even side they resume their advance moving to intercept the individual who had appeared in an attempt to use them as a shield from Khazim.

Eclair moves faster then she realizes. Instincts, honed in the heat of battle, take over her befuddled mind. Using a quick feint and jab she is able to dart in and back before the assailant knows what is going on. However the unusually long looking sword wielding by the attacker is able to deflect the blow. It does accomplish the halting of this particular attacker. The green cloaked individual retaliates by sliding the long blade down Eclairs sword in an attempt to use the reach of their blade to get past her defenses. Ecalir notices what is about to happen and is able to hop quickly back, just out of reach of these longer blades.

Seeing the tide all of a sudden turn into his favor, the red haired swordsman presses his attack. However the skill of his opponent is such that no break in his defenses can be found. Little good it does to the green cloaked individual as a second arrow from Khazim finds it's mark. Khazim's arrow lodges itself deep into the calf of the green cloaked individual causing them for falter. They are able to recover a bit after a banshee like scream escapes their throat. Hobbling backward, it is evident that they are attempting to do the best they can to get out of the fight.

Two of the green cloaked attackers are able to make it to Khazim before the unstoppable force that is Viktor can make it up the hill. Emboldened by the 2 to 1 odds they both press an attack. The first one to make it to Khazim anticipates the dodge and is able to graze the nomad, as the armor absorbs most, as he attempts to tumble out of the way. The second attacker moves in to deliver a second blow only to find themselves face to face with  a  charging Viktor as Khazim tumbles out of the way.

Seeing Khazim make an opening, Viktor takes the opportunity to charge into the fray as elegant as an avalanche. Caught off guard by the replacement of targets, the green cloaked individual takes Viktors axe full into the shoulder. The momentum of Viktor's attack nearly bisects the green cloaked attacker from neck to waist.

Seeing Viktor take off like a bull in heat, Hraal hangs back to ensure that Rael is not left alone in case of a flanking manuver. Rael kneels and begins to pull out a few bandages and herbs in anticipation of his need after the fight.

[Private to Angrboda; Lar 'the Awesome': You two will begin to come out of the stupor this round. Basic actions can be accomplished, however at this point it is simply a matter of "Dazed and Confused". If the fight lasts 1 more round, then your mind is clear enough to register that there is a battle going on and your instincts will take over, though still a bit sluggish. (minus 10 to your DEX for purposes of Initiative)]

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:48, Sun 08 Feb 2015.

Eclair
 Player, 20 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sun 8 Feb 2015
at 10:29
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Ecalir is momentarily befuddled by her own skill and fails to take advantage of an opening her mind registers. She sees the maneuver she should have used when the man hesitated to easily cut him badly but her own confusion at knowing prevents her. She recovers in time to not that her work is not done despite the archer's help and she presses her own attack deftly.

There is a notable difference this time as Eclair does not resist or register as much surprise at her own skill with the sword and it snakes deftly in her hands as she presses her attack against the man.

[Private to GM: 18:26, Today: Eclair rolled 3 using 1d6. Init.
18:26, Today: Eclair rolled 76 using 1d100. Dodge 2.
18:26, Today: Eclair rolled 40 using 1d100. Dodge 1.
18:25, Today: Eclair rolled 9 using 1d4+5.  18:24, Today:
Eclair rolled 5 using 1d100. Blaze Fire.

A few rolls for you to interpret, I even saw the initiative thing and rolled that for you this time. Is that a critical hit on the attack? Not sure what to roll additional or double or what.
]
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 10 posts
Sun 8 Feb 2015
at 21:26
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Gods! My head. Ooh, the light ... ooh the pain! I hurt, therefore I am!" a figure ... a man, begins to stir proving that he is alive and not just a piece of flotsam.
Angrboda
 player, 7 posts
Tue 10 Feb 2015
at 08:43
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda clutches at her clothing, attempting to pull it away from her body.  The sensation of coming back to reality clashes with the dreams of chaos that until recently traipsed through her mind.  She shudders as she shakes her head, wishing that the rainbow wings of gossamer that had held her in her dreams were real, taking away the torment of the last few weeks of captivity.  Her vision swims as she tries to focus on anything, anything that will allow her to fight back against her captor, for she knows he will be delivering another potent drug cocktail soon.
Viktor
 player, 40 posts
Tue 10 Feb 2015
at 22:38
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Lets out a loud deep yell...Is that all you Got!!!Hey you down there are you hurt?after seeing his prey nearly split in half...hopes a hundred men ambush us so I can kill them all...
Khazim
 player, 48 posts
Tue 10 Feb 2015
at 23:00
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Khazim backpedals while nocking another arrow to his bowstring. Keeping Viktor on his left he sends the arrow streaking at the remaining attacker. The arrow leaps from his bow to the target with great speed.

OOC: Today: Khazim rolled 13 using 1d100. Bowshot at other attacker, point-blank. (critical hit)
Today: Khazim rolled 6,1 using 1d8+2,1d2. Arrow damage. (x2 for critical is 14 damage)
Today: Khazim rolled 68 using 1d100. Dodge roll (if needed). (failure)
Today: Khazim rolled 7 using 2d4. Armor roll (if needed). (7 absorbed if hit)

The Grey Lords
 GM, 98 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 11 Feb 2015
at 00:59
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
The red haired swordsman see's that the wounded attacker is doing their best to get away. Darting forward he sweeps his foot and catches their good foot with a quick sweep knocking them to the ground. The swordsman's long blade darts out and rests just before the attackers chin. "Yield slaver dog!" you barely hear him proclaim in an unknown, but still understandable dialect, to the fallen adversary.

Seeing that their blade has a greater reach than the one wielded by Eclair; the green cloaked attacker presses their attack. After the first exchange Eclair is able to easily gauge the reach of the longsword and dances out side of it's striking range. Hoping to dart in on a surprise move, Eclair runs her blade down the length of the attackers sword as she moves in. She is able to get past the green cloaked individuals defenses, for the most part, and score a sold hit along side the targets face and neck in spite of the targets attempt to dislodge the attack.

No longer having the nomad in front of them, the attacker who was on Khazim, notices that Viktor has left his flank unattended in his bellowing victory dance. However the attempt to strike is foiled by two factors: First Viktor has luckily moved out of the way as he pulls two short swords out of his sheath and winds up for a throw. The second is the Arrow that is protruding from their side. With a wheeze the slump to the ground just a foot short of striking Viktor.

Winding up for a colossal effort, Viktor throws one of his short swords at the fleeing attacker. If fate were a bit more kind he may have been able to check his throw. Shortly after releasing the blade the red haired swordsman is able to disable the attacker. In epic slow motion, the sword tumbles end over end as it flies towards the now incapacitated attacker. Sadly his aim is true and the short sword impales the fallen attacker and pins them to the ground.

Recap: All but one of the "slavers" are either disabled to dead. Only 1 remains standing and is in terrible shape as blood streams down their face.

[Private to Angrboda; Lar 'the Awesome': As things begin to clear up, it is evident that you are in some sort of battle. People are hazy and features are not really distinguishable. There are several people huddled around you.]
[Private to Angrboda: Given that you are used to similar drugs you are able to make out two groups fighting. Group 1 is wearing familiar style gear and are near the hill. Group 2 consisting of a red haired swordsman and a green cloaked figure wear attire in an unfamiliar fashion]
[Private to Lar 'the Awesome': You hear very familiar dialects, someone bellowing has a Pan Tangian accent. Someone other than your attackers is striking back.]
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 11 posts
Wed 11 Feb 2015
at 01:41
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
As his senses begin to return and the mayhem around him subsides, Lars begins to distinguish voices, and recognize some of the dialects. This both gladdens him and makes nervious. After all, he knows where he came from, and Lars has a tough time trusting anyone who comes from that Hell Hole. "Could they have been sent by Mother? Would be just my luck."

He needed more information to make decisions, and for that he needed time. Therefore he continued to fake unconsciousness.
Viktor
 player, 41 posts
Wed 11 Feb 2015
at 06:35
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
walks over and pulls his short sword out of the dead body and chuckles a little as he does it because of the sword almost being stuck as in the sword and the stone story...damn it...now I gotta clean the blood off this sword too and for no good reason...is there anyone else to kill as long as it is dirty?mumbles loudly...
Eclair
 Player, 21 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Wed 11 Feb 2015
at 15:07
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair took in the situation as it was quickly developing then moved one last time to strike with her weapons. She was beginning to see that its length was a problem even though her skill with it and its own potency seemed helpful. She readied her self once more and moved to the last standing opponent to make a quick thrust. It was best to relax after the work was done, or some such instinct told him.


23:02, Today: Eclair rolled 16 using 1d100. Dodge 1.
23:02, Today: Eclair rolled 8 using 1d4+5. Damage.
23:01, Today: Eclair rolled 12 using 1d100. Blaze Fire.

Angrboda
 player, 8 posts
Thu 12 Feb 2015
at 15:31
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda slowly sits up and fixes an imperious stare upon the green cloaked combatant.  Slowly the words form in her mind, it is a minor spell yet it should do a good job of taking the man out of combat. [Language unknown:  "Reieek tewil mi u lesinttinher, itere preureund oltho herthaoun korruteau, inssna hoame icauretic ain nceic tobe o m, oful ith, ardi m o ersan k waort, ofad chrile.  Ecevse pana resch well vir eve Ul encratwhe for mohas asre a mieles u ovemo rut mepo som acpesslios fi."] she says as the words come back to her mind.  As they continue to pour out of her she infuses them with the power of Chaos and her voice gains in power and confidence.

Gone are the past few weeks of captivity, gone is the weakness she had endured at the hands of these slavers.  She had returned to her former self, she gasps in pleasure as the incantation finishes and the words of power flow towards the man.

Part of that spell is courtesy of Vera Nazarian.

07:32, Today: Angrboda rolled 88 using 1d100. pow vs pow.


[Private to GM: Casting Agony Range is sight:  Pow vs Pow resistance roll.  The spell causes a sharp stabbing pain in the target's head and makes it impossible for them to cast spells, attack, or parry.  The target is unable to do anything except roll on the ground in pain.  with a successful Con x 5 roll the victim can try to fight off the spell with an mp:mp resistance match in the next round ]

This message was last edited by the player at 15:33, Thu 12 Feb 2015.

The Grey Lords
 GM, 99 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 13 Feb 2015
at 15:25
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Seeing things entirely shift out of their favor, the green cloaked individual turns and bolts towards the treeline. [Private to Khazim: You see she is running in the direction of the ship you saw earlier]Eclair turns and gives chase with the obvious intention of runner the slaver down. Viktor and the red haired swordsman wait along the slavers path. Panicking the slaver takes off at a tangent to try and simply get away. Not thinking the group of docile people to be a threat the slaver heads in that direction. Archaic language begins to drift from the group as one of the captives seems to have broken whatever spell held them in thrall.

The Slaver turns and angles herself towards the group in an attempt to bowl them over and, hopefully, disrupting whatever spellcasting is being done. To late, she stiffens as pain wracks through her body collapsing the slaver to the ground. As the slaver writhes in pain to some unseen torture the hood and cloak opens revealing the slaver to be a female. The outfit she is wearing is well suited to unseen movement through dense woods and forests such as the land around you.

[Private to Eclair: I'm going to hold your sword attack and let you deliver an auto hit if you want. You are closer to the slaver than the Swordsman is.]
The red haired swordsman cleans off his longsword and walks over to the incapacitated slaver. By his bearing you can see that his intention is to simply end the torment of his would be captor in a very violent fashion. "Come to my land, Take my people, Worse than dogs!" You hear him mutter under his breath.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 15:26, Fri 13 Feb 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 9 posts
Fri 13 Feb 2015
at 16:41
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
As her spell takes hold of the slaver Angrboda smiles and begins walking slowly over to her.  Upon noticing the redhaired man's intent she raises her hand, "Stop, please." she states, "This woman may have useful information, it would not do to let any knowledge she has of our situation go to the grave with her." she finishes as she moves as quickly as her sore body will allow her while still maintaining her dignity.  Upon reaching the slaver she looks around for away to retrain the woman.  "And I would prefer it if you do not ruin the clothing she is wearing, it seems to have use in this area." she adds as an after thought.


[Private to GM: 08:39, Fri 13 Feb 2015: Angrboda rolled 36 using 1d100 ((36)).
Looking for a dagger or 2 around the slaver as well as rope.
]

This message was last edited by the player at 16:47, Fri 13 Feb 2015.

The Grey Lords
 GM, 100 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sat 14 Feb 2015
at 00:06
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
[Private to Eclair: The best way to describe this is to say that an "Elf" walks out from the group of prisoners. Tall, lanky, and very much in the way that Tolkien described. There is an air or forced nobility, or arrogance, about her that seems far more sinister than what you would have imagined from a Tolkien Elf.]
[Private to Rael Gol; Viktor: A Melnibonean emerges from the group of captives. Still dressed in a fine silk shirt it looks as if she was a recent capture.]
Quickly looking around you see no evidence of rope. The captured people stand around, staring into the ether contemplating blissful ignorance, with no evidence of bindings of any kind. As for a dagger, you can see by scanning the writhing slaver that she has a dagger or knife in a sheath on her belt.
[Private to Angrboda: You know, from personal experience, that the slavers used drugs to incapacitate their targets. You may be able to find some of the drugs and use that to restrain. Biggest problem with that would be that they would no longer be coherent in any fashion.]
Viktor
 player, 42 posts
Sat 14 Feb 2015
at 00:10
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Perhaps we should take their cloaks and weapons...some of the less large members of our group could pretend to have us as their slaves...where are you two going...we are in search of a floating ship...
Khazim
 player, 49 posts
Sun 15 Feb 2015
at 04:45
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Keeping his bow out just in case, Khazim responds to Viktor's questioning about a floating ship; "Viktor, as I was coming over the hill I saw what appears to be what we are looking for over there." He points with his bow in the direction that he observed the ship hanging in the air.
Eclair
 Player, 23 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sun 15 Feb 2015
at 14:49
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair held herself up as the last of the Slave guards ran off into the woods then turned malicious eyes upon the slaver woman even as some kind of... elf... seperated itself from the group. She looked around as the situation unfolded then shook her head, "Far be it for me to contain any mercy for a slaver..." God, was she actually talking about a real slaver, like 150 years ago and shit? And what was with the pointy ears and haughty attitude, it was like that guy from that movie only even more of a dick to Elijah Wood.

She looked around and the instincts that had been running high in her mind faded as she frowned at her sword then sighed and her hands moved, again, by instinct to clean the blade with a scrap of cloth and put it away, "...But that woman wants us dead or in chains and I am pretty sure those slaves over there would work just as fine as a source of information. AS for the SkyShip, how convenient we just happened to find exactly what we were looking for right off the bat! [Language unknown:  We, eswe hispl ritic for u n witin Er Hisanyshe. Ect caiou iveha, ncetr?]" It took her a second to realize she had slipped back into the tongue of half her mind then she smiled at the strange elf, "Uhhh, I'm... Eclair?"

The name had just slipped into her mind as she imagined herslef and sought the name that went to that form. She shrugged and extended her forearm in greeting to the strange woman.
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 13 posts
Sun 15 Feb 2015
at 15:42
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Listening to even a bit of the conversation Lar quickly realized several things of great importance to him:

1. Whoever these people were, they were not working for his stepmom
2. They did not like slavers
3. There was a sorcerer near by.
4. He was freed
5. Lars needed to move or his stuff maybe claimed as part of someones loot
6. The ground was cold and he was in a very uncomfortable position. It would require a nice hot bath with a pr .... Never mind, he could take care of it later.


Lar opened his eyes and got up. Taking his first good look around without some sort of drugs passing through his system and decided to announce himself. 'It is very important to let others know of your existence and worth to be treated with respect and difference due to your station.' At least that was what his father told him all the time.

"Hello, my name is Lar, although some call me Lars. Either one would be fine. Excuse me my dear, but did you say your name is Eclair? Are you aware that you are named after a pastry? and ae you as sweet and delightful as that name implies?"
Rael Gol
 player, 26 posts
Sun 15 Feb 2015
at 20:22
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael moved toward the group of slave one hand on his knife his other on his pouch of herbs "Any of our group in need of healing?" he asks as he measures each of his compatriots.

His eyes focus on Angrbode with a twist of distaste and somewhat of wary in his eyes. That woman could be... no she would be trouble he was sure of that but she was also dangerous and he gave her a large berth.

Kneeling next to one of the dead slavers rummaging through the corps looking for any valuables or local currency. "I have my concerns about taking the guise of slavers, none of us our local, it maybe that slavery is legal here and there are rules and guilds... we could get in more troubles if we sport the grabs of a slaver ..." he shrugs glancing at Eclair "My lady, the Fool had promised to deliver us next to a transport of some sort and thus he had, I see no great fortune in finding the skyship here... we would need to pay for our travel so look for any baubles we could trade for passage."

After a short moments he raise his head adding up "The slaver would know the lay of the land and culture of these people the best... the slave... I reckon are more like us drifter on the sea of stars..."

His gaze unwillingly drifted back to Angrboda "Perhaps her ladyship would question the slaver?" he asked with a little dread, he heard tales on her people and the way they made art of torture.
Angrboda
 player, 10 posts
Mon 16 Feb 2015
at 00:36
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda nods and smiles, Good to meet you Lar, Eclair, and Viktor?  I am Angrboda." she says politely, "Thank you for your timely intervention.  This slaver in particular keeps her charges drugged beyond the capacity for thought.  It was just coming upon time for another dose when the battle happened, thus I was able to shake the illusions and help capture her.  As for where I am going?  that really is up to wherever the road leads."  She then turns to Rael as he mentions questioning, "Yes I am certain I could get answers out of her, I have spells that would help I suppose and it would be nice payback for the foul treatment she provided me in the last few weeks."

As the group makes its decision she removes the slavers belt and places it around her own waist, feeling much better after she is armed. She then takes the cloak and places it around her shoulders, "I do not know if posing as a slaver will be necessary but the cloak does have the useful property of camouflaging nicely, at least in this terrain." she states, looking around and attempting to figure out where she is.
Viktor
 player, 43 posts
Mon 16 Feb 2015
at 03:26
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Grabs the hood of the slaver he nearly split in half and swings his mighty axe at it...the hood comes off but so does the slaver's head...grabs the hood and sits down on top of the slaver's body for a chair and starts cleaning his axe and sword...Damn it I have blood on my sword and axe..damn slavers...nice to meet you Lar and Angrboda...as soon as these are clean let's go find this stupid ass ship in the air...some of you that don't have much for weapons, I suggest you take some of these sweet ass long swords...kicks the head away from him and chuckles loudly...takes one of the long swords and its sheath and attaches it to the tube thing on his back with the leather strap that can hold his mighty axe so they crisscross each other...looks around a little to see if he can find anything of use to the group or perhaps money or something of value for the ship's passage.



21:31, Today: Viktor rolled 26 using 1d100. looking for money or useful items.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:43, Mon 16 Feb 2015.

Viktor
 player, 44 posts
Mon 16 Feb 2015
at 03:52
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Khazim nice arrow skills... and thanks for sticking the slaver scum...Rael and Hraal are you two both ok...lovely Éclair want one of these swords?  You must be thirsty... grabs his wineskin with water in it and offers it to Lar and Angrboda...

This message was last edited by the player at 03:58, Mon 16 Feb 2015.

Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 14 posts
Mon 16 Feb 2015
at 04:02
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Lars reaches for the wineskin "Thank you greatly sir. I am never one to turn down some good wine. Besides, I need something to clear this horrible taste from my mouth. I am not much of a sword man myself. Wish I had my axe though ... wouldn't mind getting the rest of my stuff back either ... wonder where they put my eye patch ... hmmm."
The Grey Lords
 GM, 103 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Mon 16 Feb 2015
at 04:11
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Hraal follows behind Rael a short distance eying the surrounding area the whole time. Now that the combat has ceased you can take a look about the area with much more detailed eyes. It appears as if camp were about to be made as evident by the small stack of kindling. The remaining 3 red haired captives stand ignorant of the situation that is playing out in front of them. The slaver writhes in pain on the ground as Angrboda relieves her of her cloak, belt, and dagger.

Allowing your eyes to follow in the direction that Khazim motioned, you can see a darker outline against the night sky. It appears as if a cutter were ripped from the ocean and had it's sails replaced with great balloons. A long thick rope is tied to an iron hook that has been secured to the ground around a great tree. You think you can also make out a long rope ladder dangling from the side. Everything about this vessel points to night time operations. Everything has been painted in a dark navy blue and black style.

The red haired swordsman approaches the group with a look of disgust on his face.
"Damn Syferan bitch does not deserve to live!" he uses his longsword to point at the slaver whimpering on the ground. "I do not know who you are, or where you came from, I thank you for my timely rescue. I can tell you that you'll get nothing from the likes of them. They are thugs who simply get paid by the head they return." His head tilts to the side for a second. "Why is it you would want to dress as them anyway? It is evident that you are not kinsmen, your garb and speech are not familiar. I can understand you are tracking them down to return your own kinsmen." He motions towards Lar as he emerges from the group of captives. "I would suggest you count yourselves lucky that you caught up with them."

As several of you begin to pick through the belongings it is evident that the group, as you found them, traveled light. Each carried a sword, dagger, blackjack, and a small bag of silver coins (33 coins). It appears as if they either stopped to make camp, or were on the way back with a fresh batch of captives. Beyond the cloak worn by Angrboda, and the one newly shredded by Viktor, there are 4 remaining. (SIZ: 14, 14, 13, 13, 10)
[Private to Viktor: You find 8 Silver coins, added to sheet]
[Private to Rael Gol: You find 10 Silver coins, added to sheet]

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:15, Mon 16 Feb 2015.

Eclair
 Player, 24 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Mon 16 Feb 2015
at 04:41
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair looks down at Lar with contempt dripping out of her eyes. Was this idiot hitting on her? Now? "Yes, but I am not [Language unknown:  Chwafo] nor am I over-sweet." She turns her contempt briefly on her erstwhile comrades and rolls her eyes. "The imp made no such promise and told us the nearest ship is still a long walk along the road. This ship obviously belongs to these cretins and I find the situation circumspect."

She eyed the freed swordsman as he approached and listened carefully. A part of her mind insisted such happenstances wee twists of fate provided by overly interested gods and to be wary. The dominant part of her mind had only contempt for such nonsense. She looked around at her group as they looted the corpses and took a bag of silver for her own needs. Having local chrrency would be good. She leaned over a corpse and carefully inspected the features and carriage of these Syferans. Was that not the land they mus journey to for their mission. Were any more strange coincidences coming their way? She slat in the dirt and mulled it all over. "Not that we should pass it by though, but lets be careful of impersonating these people without knowing the situation we are going into."
Angrboda
 player, 11 posts
Mon 16 Feb 2015
at 05:28
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda finds the bag of silver on her slaver and makes sure that everyone sees it before she pockets it, not wanting them to think she is hiding her find from them.  She then divests the other slavers of their daggers and a pair of boots.  Since no one seems interested in questioning the slaver she goes over and begins poking her, "So where are we?" she starts with.

OOC:  If anyone else wants daggers she will give them to whoever wants them.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 104 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Mon 16 Feb 2015
at 13:23
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
[Private to Angrboda: Your bag contains 9 Coins, Added to your sheet.]
It is evident on the Swordsman's face that the conversations being discussed peaks his interest. "You traveled this far, with no airship, and you do not know where your are? Interesting. Well let me be the first to welcome you to Laukland then. I, your grateful rescuee, am Valmir Horne." He opens his arms out a bit and bows, sword still out. "It sounds as if you are in need to getting somewhere. I do know the area well, I say we dispatch with the mongrel and I can be your guide as repayment. I would however advise against wearing the slaver green. It is illegal here in Laukland, and I would hate for those here to get to wrong idea, no matter how idle sits Rexis." Once again he points his longsword at the incapacitated slaver on the ground.

As the rest of the gear from the slavers is gathered together. 2 small vials are found on the other bodies. Inside the vial is a thick syrupy liquid. Each small tube is about the size of a ring finger and is mostly full. Valmir notices the vials as they emerge from the cloaks they are found in. "Ohh careful with that! That stuff will knock you out for several hours."
Rael Gol
 player, 27 posts
Mon 16 Feb 2015
at 20:43
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael pocket the pouch as he walk to the swordsman "Well met Valmir Horne, I am Rael Gol, a vagabond, apothecary of need and any other things one might need." he give the man a smile and a bow.

He glance at the slaver "If what you say is true is there a bounty on the like of her? we should take her to your town and put her to a just trial." It was one thing to slay a man in combat another to murder in cold blood.

His eyes widen as the vials were produced "Oh interesting... let me check them out... I have some skill with potions and I'll want to study these concoctions." he pat his herb pouch and the leather bound book he always carry with him.
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 15 posts
Mon 16 Feb 2015
at 23:44
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Ouff", Lars grabs at his chest on hearing Eclair speak "Shot through the heart with a mere word." But, at a mention of a ship, his ears seem to perk up. "A ship? I am good with ships. I can definitely help out with a ship. Let me just get some things here."

Lar looks to grab some daggers and a sword, which he holds like someone who has not held one ever before "I guess I will carry these for a bit. Probably hurt myself if I try using it, but others will not know that and they may think about not attacking me."
Valmir
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 01:21
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Turning towards Eclair. "You mentioned an Imp would provide you with a ship. Interesting that sir Imp knew this ship would be here, yet not warn you of the slavers. Unless he was intending for you to walk 60 miles to the next port and knew nothing of the activities." He motions to the lights of the village off in the distance. "That is a mere town, no moorings there. As for a reward, Rexis has his mind befuddled and would not accept any such testimony that these are Syferan slavers." He looks in Rael's direction. "The real justice would be to march this survivor to the nearby town and drink beer over the lynching." In the "moonlight" a satisfying grin appears on his face as you can tell he is imagining the scene in his head.

"Ahh yes a fellow Aeronaut, well I'm more of a dabbler, but I can hold my own." A smile broadens his face "I suggest this. You say you need transport." He motions towards Lar. "The Aeronaut and I can more than likely pilot the slavers airship so you and your kin can return to your land. Just let me take care of this slaver in the same manner as the rest and be done with it. You keep the airship as spoils, I can always find a port back to Laukland. The movement can last a few days without me."

"Rael Gol, you said your name was, I would be careful with experimentation on those vials. At a glance it is the same decoction that renders my kinsmen in such a blissful state." He motions to the 3 red haired captives. "That brew is only from the isle of Syfera and is only found on those who have dealings with said isle. As for why there is no true bounty on these slavers, King Rexis the Third and Queen Media have a truce." The mention of the Kings name has a tint of scorn to it. "To send slavers would be a violation of that truce. One such violation that Rexis simply does not think would ever happen." He sighs a long weary sigh.
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 16 posts
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 01:40
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Lars was a bit offput by Valmir's statements about "Airship!? What that heck are you talking about my good man? I said ship! I am good with ships. You know, made out of wood, float on water, go from port to port. And since when do all women teams go slaving? Queen Media? Are we talking about Amazonians here? Like macho women with swords like these bitches here?" Lars prods one of the bodies with his boot to make a point, then scratches his head "Sure sounds like I am not in Young Kingdoms any more. That will teach me to go gambling in Balo's Casino and Dancing Hall."
Valmir
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 02:44
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
One of Valmir's eyebrows raise at the description of these "water" ships. "We have smaller vessels that do float on the islands lakes, but they hardly carry any significant cargo. Young Kingdoms? That island must be far out on the edge of Ildaron, I have never heard of that kingdom." A look of concern crosses his face. "I'm going out on a limb, it is obvious by your tongue, attire, and mannerisms that you are all far removed. Hrmm I wonder how far . My friend, please follow my finger and tell me what you see." He points into the air about 36 degree above horizon. "That is Syfera. The nearest isle."

Valmir points into the air at a very large and dark island floating in the air. The top portion of the island is anchored by several large golden strands that coalesce into a massive gold chain. On the underside of the isle are mirror duplicate inky black threads that are barely visible.

"By your statement I have to assume that your Imp may have taken you from your home and deposited you all here for some purpose other than to find your kinsmen. Especially if the Imp had tasked you with finding an airship." He crosses his arm with the longsword still ready but more relaxed. "I may not be the sages of the court, but by what I have fathomed, you need an airship because your task does not take place in fair Laukland. So, What nefarious deeds are we going to accomplish tonight? It is evident that you need an aeronaut." A vigilante like smirk crosses his face.

"As for your question about these Amazons, I know not that kingdom either, but yes bitches with swords are common among the ranks of Syfera. The isle is matriarchal with women being held in higher regards. It is typical that the slaver teams are either all female or with a single male if there is to be a large haul so that he can act as a sheepdog."

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:51, Tue 17 Feb 2015.

Rael Gol
 player, 28 posts
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 04:33
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael shakes his head as Valmir mention lynching "That is no justice but vengeance. Do you not see, if you will bring this captive alive to your king he would be forced to open his eyes or his incompetence would be revealed for all."

He rubs his chin "Thank you for the warning, I have dealt with dangerous poisons before and I'll be thrice as careful. If that the slaver ship they might have left some guard on it. We better use guile and subterfuge if we want to take it or the remaining crew will... ahm take off I guess as they see our band."
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 17 posts
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 04:59
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Lars follows Valmir's finger. The floating island connected by ... chains? A strange sight indeed. "Chains? What are those chains? Are they physical or magic? Can you touch them? Who built them?"

No sooner do those words leave his mouth than Lars' mind races to the next thought where is bare pauses and spills out of his mouth

"You say you fly between these islands Valmir? .... Damn, I want to try that. Now that would be cool. Fly to the kingdom of the Amazons and rescue a ..." Lars pauses and turns to his rescuers "Now, why exactly are we trying to get there?"
Viktor
 player, 45 posts
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 07:36
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
walks over to where everyone is talking after finding a small bag of coin in the slaver he used for a chair...has a slight smile after finding some coin...I am Viktor and basically we were summoned to a bar..some weird fat dude came in and transported us to this crazy weird ass pyscho queen with a nice rack and her weird jester imp bonehead took us here and told us to find some dumb ass fucker on some dumb ass island or we all basically die..now let us go find some ale and strippers...puts the bag into his backpack attached to his side...starts to walk away after kicking the slaver's head one more time and chuckling...walks over to Angrboda and motions for a dagger...want me to put the slaver out of her misery?
Angrboda
 player, 12 posts
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 08:24
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
As the rest of the group discusses where they are going and what they are doing Angrboda continues looking around, trying to figure out where they are.  Coming up with nothing in her limited knowledge of the million spheres she returns back to the problem of the slaver, the group seems to be of two minds regarding her.  As Viktor approaches and offers to "take care" of the woman he will notice that Angrboda has already taken care of it.  The slavers blood is pumping out upon the grass, fast at first, then slower.  As the light leaves her eyes Angrboda sighs, "You would have made a fine sacrifice but it seems you were going to cause too much contention." she says as she kisses the corpse on the forehead and closes it eyes, "Enjoy your time in Balo's court.  Perhaps we shall meet again there."

She then turns back to the group, "So, you are supposed to find someone and then you will get a ride back to the Young Kingdoms? Do you need a hand?" she asks.
Eclair
 Player, 25 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 09:30
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair watched as too much flippancy wagged tongues and not enough suspicion was afoot. She knew nothing of the... Young kingdoms... or, Ildaron was it? The first conjured images of strange places and foreign smells and sights, but the second was a blank word for her. It certainly wasn't Kansas anymore. She signed and shook her head as things sped up and she gritted her teeth. "Suspicious or not: I agree we need to approach the ship and make what use of it we can with a bit of our minds present."

She looked over as the Slaver bled out and the strange elf looking woman said some kind of benediction, then shook her head. A strange war sounded in her mind revolting against murder while another part saw it as worthwhile efficiency. They were getting all they needed from the Valmir fellow. A bit of knowledge about Syfera would be warranted though.

"IF there is a guard, we ought to take them captive. If we are lucky, their tongues will wag and give us a bit of information about this Syfera. As for anything else, we may have a ship, but we should secure provisions." Eclair also started to muse on the role she might play on Syfera as the only human woman amongst the group. A wicked grin split her face as she contemplated it. She did listen closely for if any information about the massive chains was revealed.
Valmir
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 13:47
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
[Private to Angrboda: As if his mannerisms weren't enough. Now that you have gotten a better look at Viktor it is evident that he is Pan Tangian]
"Ha ah, Now we are getting somewhere. We ARE to find someone, and you say you need information about Syfera. Perhaps it is a kinsmen you are after. It is believed by the people here that Media, more so her chief engineer Salrenna, are the organizers of the slave raids. It is said that Salrenna is an adept of the dark arts. Astrologers point to the fact that since the reign of Media the isle of Syfera has slowly drifted down the length of the chain. That move being visible to even the most amateur of eyes. Now whether or not they are physical or magic I cannot say. Anyone or thing getting to close gets torn apart by the chains themselves. Aeronautics 101 teaches us to stay far away from the chains or be lost as they tear you apart."

Seeing the lifeblood of the slaver bleed out, Valmir shrugs and sheathes his longsword. "It seems as if the point were now moot, but we have presented King Rexis with slavery evidence, as well as, other injustices. Many of us amongst the nobles feel that his befuddlement in unnatural. We have begun to take many such defense matters into our own hands."

Valmir looks around, pats his body down as if looking for something, and pulls out a small case. He flips open a small silver book takes out a small white tube. Closing the book he puts it away and takes out a small wooden sliver. Rubbing the sliver on a nearby rock a flame erupts from the end of the tiny stick. Putting the white tube in his mouth, the raises the flame to it and begins to puff. Tossing the tiny stick to the ground he extinguishes the flame with his boot. "Well, now that this is taken care of. I think it is best to get going and secure that airship rather than stand in the middle of a slaughter. If there is someone on board, they may begin to wonder why no one has returned yet. Besides I easily have a few hours by ship to talk to get to any civilized area." Taking a few more puffs from the white stick he also tosses it to the ground and crushes it with his boot. "And don't worry about the captives, they will be taken care of."
Rael Gol
 player, 29 posts
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 17:37
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael was angry, he moved slowly standing in front of Angrboda "You were task with questioning her, her life were not yours to take." he says in a cold voice "Do that again and I will kill you myself."

Turning to the others he motion at the dead slavers "We should take the cloaks and disguise ourselves, if there is a watch on the ship he would not raise alarm till it would be too late."

He pause next to Viktor and whispers in his ears [Private to Viktor: "My friend, you must that demonic heart... it lures you to a path you chose not to tread anymore... be brave."] before he goes to take one of the smaller cloaks which was still slightly larger than him.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:38, Tue 17 Feb 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 13 posts
Tue 17 Feb 2015
at 22:26
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda arches her eyebrow at Rael, "Excuse me?  That man," she says pointing to Viktor, "and that man," she indicates Valmir, "Were both going to kill her.  I merely saved them the trouble.  In case you haven't been listening, the native here insisted that this woman would not receive the justice that she deserved.  Are you the law here?  Did you suffer from her attentions?  Did she drug you constantly for who knows how long?  Steal your money and possessions?"  She stands and stares at him, "I think not, so how dare you judge how I treated her?  If you do not desire my assistance in your travels so be it but do not threaten me for doing what needed to be done."
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 18 posts
Wed 18 Feb 2015
at 01:59
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Ok, lesson one: Stay away from the chains. Got it. Anything else we should know. You know, like things that will kill us right off the bat? Besides the usual like getting into an argument between your wife and your mistress."

As the words flowed from him, Lars attempts to divert attention to himself from several potentially nasty quarrels which may develop among the people present.
Khazim
 player, 50 posts
Wed 18 Feb 2015
at 23:11
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Khazim stays out of the conflict, understanding both sides but not wanting to choose one. He does wince as he touches the area where one of the slaver's tagged him and moves closer, calling to Rael; "Yes Rael, I could use some ministrations to my wounds, I took a shot and would prefer to be at my best for whatever is ahead. At least we found the flying ship we were looking for, I think."
Eclair
 Player, 26 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Thu 19 Feb 2015
at 07:19
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair watches the farce of a scene play out and rolls her eyes. She had seen this Rael Gol fight now and she doubted he was much of a credible threat to back up his words. The woman he threatened was a magician of some kind, not to be trifled with. OF course there were magicians in a world with demons, dimensional travel, strange metsphysical chains, and who knows what else. The lady was an elf [Language unknown:  ro adiowhev].

Eclair caught herself shifting langauges again casually and was just working at strengthening the part of herself which seemed to manage the switches when a part of her mind was caught by a word and she glanced sideways at Khazim with a frown. She looked at the wound and grit her teeth. She knew she could heal it with a touch but something rebelled. She screwed her eyes shut and mentally knew it was the strange hand she bore. For all the concerns over other people's weirdness, what was she?

Setting her jaw, she adjusted her gear and began to make for the ship. Talking was getting nothing done; doing nothing was not going to end this nightmare. She looked back to see who was following the lead she was giving; she was not dumb enough to board the ship alone.
Rael Gol
 player, 30 posts
Thu 19 Feb 2015
at 09:04
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael turn his head and move to Khazim the anger and frown disappearing from his face. He pulls his herbal pouch and move to examine the man wounds.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 105 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Thu 19 Feb 2015
at 13:53
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Tensions skyrocket for a few moments. Rael Gol, normally far more passive when compared to the near butchery that the rest have achieved, stands up to the Melnibonean in an attempt to retain the morality of the group. Others instinctively back away as neither side wants to give ground. All of a sudden Khazim begins to sway a bit, his hands begin to drop to the side as his facial features begin to cloud over.

[Private to Khazim: 07:40, Today: on behalf of Khazim, rolled 96 using 1d100. Resistance. - fail]
Rael Gol breaks from the test of wills as a far more important matter presents itself. Quickly gathering his herbs and ointments Rael Gol begins the inspect Khazim. The area around the minor wound seems red and angry. Basic probing points to a sticky substance that coats the armor in the area just surrounding the wound. Obviously some kind of poison was coating the blade. Digging furiously into his satchel Rael Gol produces a few salves and begins to spread them over the area. Within moments Khazim's body stiffens a bit as free will once again asserts itself.

[Private to Rael Gol: 07:35, Today: on behalf of Rael Gol, rolled 50 using 1d100. Physik. - Pass
07:40, Today: on behalf of Rael Gol, rolled 41 using 1d100. Potions.  - Pass
]

Damn, just noticed the time, Have to get to work. I'll finish this when I get home.
Viktor
 player, 46 posts
Thu 19 Feb 2015
at 17:35
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
looks over to Rael and nods and then Angrboda.....Rael is right we are not cold blooded murderers at least not anymore...Angrboda you are most welcome to join us...we need your strength and knowledge and your companionship....not to mention you are very pretty and that could be a useful distraction......motions towards Eclair who is walking toward the ship and offers his arm to Khazim if he needs help walking..

This message was last edited by the player at 17:47, Thu 19 Feb 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 14 posts
Thu 19 Feb 2015
at 18:33
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda tilts her head in confusion at the Pan Tangian's statement, "Why would killing this slaver change my temperature?" she asks, also wondering if the man is suffering from some sort of mental illness, she had heard his kind often do.  His complete reversal of attitude about the death of the slaver confused her.  She ends up just shrugging her shoulders and chalking it up to human strangeness which was, after all, why she had left the dreaming isle in the first place.

Feeling that conflict is not about to start she slips the second dagger onto her belt and slides the third into her newly acquired boot, then follows the others.  "So who exactly are you supposed to be finding?" she asks.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 106 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 20 Feb 2015
at 03:53
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Valmir Turns to follow suit with Eclair and the rest. As if for the first time he notices that Angrboda is not human. He takes a double take noticing her fine boned features. Absently he drifts a few feet further from her as the group moves through the brush towards the waiting airship.

"I wonder too! It is a bit exciting all this cloak and dagger stuff. Milady, I must pry, but you seem of a different lineage as those about you. You were in the hands of the slavers, but yet I have not seen such features in those in the isles around. Do you also fare from this edge isle of the Young Kingdom?" He addressees Angrboda in a hushed tone.

After a few moments of walking you are able to approach the airship within a reasonable distance. Moving as quietly as possible your group gets within about 30 feet of the anchored ship. From your vantage point you can see no movement on the deck and no source of flames within the hull. The overall design looks sleek. Large enough to move several groups of "cargo" yet still be manned by only a handful of sailors.

"Interesting I see no fans, no chains, or screws." Pointing to a set of small cylinders set along the keel near the stern of the ship where a rudder should be. "Interesting, that is how they are doing it. Silent propulsion so they can get in under dark and not be seen or heard."
The Grey Lords
 GM, 107 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sat 21 Feb 2015
at 00:06
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
The group waits and watches with bated breath. After a few moments it is evident that there was no watch set on the airship. As is typical, Eclair leads the charge to the slavers vessel. Ascending the rope ladder you find the cutter to be spacy and efficient for it's size. Near the Stern a steering wheel and a series of levers stands near where a typical helmsman would station. Rigging is spaced about the gunwale in slim rope ladders heading to the large balloon/sail that over shadows the ship. Ropes for the balloon/sail form into a net that drapes over it and anchors at several places spaced about the outer deck.

Exploring the ship further you notice that there are no hardpoints for any kind of ship to ship weapon. Two stairs lead down into the hold, one near the bow and one near the stern. The front end of the hold is a large cargo area set with rope restraints. At it's fullest you could easily fit 20 or so captives. The mid and rear of the hold contain crew quarters and basic supplies such as food and water. The overall design for this vessel is not one of long term voyages, but there is reserves for times when laying low is needed.

Pulleys, Gears, and cogs in a clockwork nightmare occupy the far rear of the ship near the location of the long brass tubes. Valmir moves about the airship in wonder and thoughtfulness muttering to himself most of the time. He seems particularly interested in the propulsion area of the ship. You can see him tracing lines, gears, and pathways. "Yes, yes, modification of a basic design. No different than any other ship in the basic sense. Well, I know I can fly this, but I still do not know what we are doing and where we are going? If you simply want to get to Syfera no problem. Just sit back and relax for a nice 10 hour tour, provided this contraption goes full twist. I think it is time we all figure out what we are doing."
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 19 posts
Sat 21 Feb 2015
at 00:40
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
The 'ship' is very strange to Lars. It combines things that are mundane, with the fantastic. So strange and yet so familiar. But, at least he knows one thing, if he had been on this ship before, then his possessions should be here somewhere, and perhaps some other things that their previous owners no longer need.

"I am going to look around and try to figure out how this thing works. Perhaps, I can find some of my stuff as well. Hopefully they did not get the chance to sell anything."

Lars climbs aboard and starts poking his head into various areas and compartments.

[Private to The Grey Lords: 19:40, Today: Secret Roll: Lar 'the Awesome' rolled 17 using 1d100. Search.]

After a while Lars reappears carrying this and that. "Found some useful stuff. Not my gear, but will do in a pinch." Dumping things in a pile on deck, he begins to sift through it. His first item is an short handled broad bladed axe. Lars looks to be very please in find this item, and goes through several practice swings with the weapon. "Yeap, this will do." There looks to be another one in the pile. He then sorts through and picks out a suit of light raider armor, which he declares to be better than nothing, and a helm.

"If any of you want any of this stuff, be my guests. There are some other stuff which I did bring up back there."
Found:
1 axes that are close enough to a Sea Axe to work.
5 Suits of Leather & Rings (Black leather with iron rings)
Several sets of clothes, all "female" cut (Certain areas are going to be tight)
Basic Foodstuffs for about 20 or so days. (lots of Gruel, Beans, and other dry goods)
Several Barrels of Water
1 Barrel of Wine + Several personal wineskins.
3 "bows sitting transversely on a stick" along with a barrel of short unfletched arrows

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:00, Sat 21 Feb 2015.

Viktor
 player, 47 posts
Sat 21 Feb 2015
at 06:35
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Viktor smile and nods at Angrboda and walks into the ship...looks at the pile and decides to pick up another wineskin and fills up his and the rest of them...figures 2 is good enough to carry around...walks over and grabs some dried beans and puts them into his backpack...finds a bench and sits down awaiting to see what happens next...
Angrboda
 player, 15 posts
Sat 21 Feb 2015
at 13:22
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda nods to Valmir as the group continues on, "Yes, I am of a far more ancient race than human.  I suppose I need to cover that up somehow.  Hopefully there is a mirror on this ship we are headed to." As the group spies on the "air ship" she marvels at it.

After the quick assault on the air ship Angrboda searches with Lar, "Very interesting vehicle this is." she says as he piles up the useful gear. She digs through the clothing looking for decent articles to help her, then disappears into the captain's cabin.  She returns a bit later looking far different, her alien heritage covered up somehow.  "There, that should keep me from standing out in the crowd."  she says , smiling.

OOC:  05:19, Today: Angrboda rolled 53 using 1d100. disguise, tn 100.
Eclair
 Player, 27 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sat 21 Feb 2015
at 14:37
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair hunts through the ship with dagger her "tube" drawn and does not relax until she has inspected the whole of the ship. Only then does she return and go through the belongings then shrugs and takes some articles of clothing to replace that which had been under her armor and damaged.

She sits against the mast in her new things and tries to see what can be done for said armor. It wasn't unusable but it was in bad repair and she needed to make something of it. She could just take the leather and rings, but it wasn't quite as good of protection as her steel. A bit of work and she had it in decent order though ti was a bit spare in areas now.

"As far as you need to know for now, we need to get to Syfera without being spotted. The vessel seems apt for that business. I do not trust these three here and I have known them for all of two hours. Your twenty minutes gets you nothing from me."

In the last two hours she had been abducted, ensorcelled, and nearly killed. It was not looking to be an awesome day.  A ten hour nap seemed a fine thing. "Unless you can get me a new suit of steel, then a ten hour tour is fine as long as we don't end up on [Language unknown:  Ticreaomencewit] Island fer chrissake. A nice long sleep just might fix me."
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 20 posts
Sat 21 Feb 2015
at 22:54
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Lars picks up one of the 'bows sticks' and loads(?) it. "Hmm, I guess I can figure out how this thing here works. Hey Valmir! What do you call these things." Lars ask while pointing the business end at him.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 108 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 22 Feb 2015
at 03:15
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Seeing his inquisitiveness shot down by Eclair, Valmir feigns a look of hurt. "And here I thought we were becoming such good friends. That is fine. I shall transport us all to Syfera. Lar my good man, if you would shimmy down and unhook the ground grapple we shall be able to take off. Luckily, ships such as this are rigged as such that minimal prep is needed to take flight." Valmir moves about and tests a few of the rigging ropes to ensure that tension is adequate. You hear Valmir begin to hum a shanty like verse.

Moving near the center of the deck takes a few moments to look around. Digging down amongst a few things he pulls out a small box and unfolds the tarp over top of a large bin. Placing several pieces of coal and tinder into a furnace type box he strikes a spark and fans the flames. After a few moments, he closes the furnace and connects a few tubes to a piping system. Those tubes originate from the balloons and connect into the furnace. "Ahh, yes, just enough to ensure buoyancy."

Standing after tending the small flame, he emerges nearly face to point of the weapon that Lar holds. Startling for a second he raises his hand and gently nudges the pointed end away from himself and any balloons. "That is a crossbow. Not as elegant a weapon as the fine specimen your archer there has. A bit more versatile in close quarters. The best part of it is you can hand that to anyone and they can fire. Bows rely, in part, on the strength of the user. Now, if you would be so kind as to unhook the grapple, we can be on our way."

There is going to be a long journey. Talk amongst yourselves, Plan, scheme, plot. As usual I will update in a few days (you will arrive at Syfera). It is enough time to do many things, include catch up on skills and the like. Once again Look for the "x" on your sheet and do skill checks. How to do a skill check is in the Mechanics thread. As before any questions, just ask.

As you fly away from Laukland you are able to take in what it truly means to be on Ildaron. The isles are a great wedge of soil and bedrock. It looks as if a giant had scooped out chunks of land and set them adrift. Around the larger islands there are usually tiny satellite lands of various sizes held in check by the same golden and dark threads. The golden strands range from brilliant gold/white to a dusky goldenrod while the dark threads range from a smoky grey to a terrible soul sucking black that seems to absorb your very vision.

Several hours into the journey Valmir calls those who are up and moving to take a look off the port side. The ship is approaching a large undulating bubble of water hanging in mid air. Those who take a deeper look can see that fish and other aquatic animals reside within this floating lake. Curiously no chains anchor this globule of water.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:21, Sun 22 Feb 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 17 posts
Tue 24 Feb 2015
at 18:23
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda spends her first day on the ship exploring and checking for magic (casting witch sight) trying to figure out how the marvelous contraption was made, "Such a ship could be useful in traveling the young kingdoms." she remarks to herself as she looks around, "If it can remain in the air indefinitely it would drastically reduce the dangers of travel."  After thoroughly inspecting the ship she looks around for something to sketch the ship on.  She then goes to a cabin to get some rest.

The following day she spends asking whomever will talk to her about what their mission is and attempt to help with the planning.

[Private to GM: If possible she will conjure the demon to quell her addiction the first night and one to bind to her dagger the second night.]
Rael Gol
 player, 32 posts
Tue 24 Feb 2015
at 22:07
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael took the time to scout the ship a little, he had no illusion as for his ability to understand what made the thing fly but still he was curios. Once he stated his curiosity, and made sure the thing did not plummet into the abyss, he would find himself a nice private place where he could try to see if he can make anything from the drug they took from the slavers and make some order in his notes.
Viktor
 player, 48 posts
Tue 24 Feb 2015
at 23:18
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
finds a nice corner to himself and pulls off some of his armor and newly acquired weapons strapped to his back...looked over the new slaver sword which seemed rather impressive and then pulls out the long tube looking thing..looks down the barrel of the contraption and wonders if it is some sort of weapon...points the weapon towards an empty barrel and pulls the trigger ... click,  nothing but a pale whirring noise comes from the tube.  Smiles and laughs a little and looks around to see if anyone else heard that...decides to put the weapon at his side and takes a drink of his wine and closes his eyes for some shut eye..wakes up and admires the floating oceans and the little floating fish...

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:20, Tue 24 Feb 2015.

Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 22 posts
Wed 25 Feb 2015
at 03:27
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Lars acts like a kid in a candy store. This is a ship of unfamiliar design and with capabilities that one could only dream of. For a sailor it is a fantasy and an adventure come to life.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 112 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 25 Feb 2015
at 14:38
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Everyone begins to enjoy their time and stretch out for the first time since this wild ride started. It feels like only yesterday you were back in the Young Kingdoms, and for many of you, it has been only a day. The ship is a marvel of ingenuity that even the clockwork smiths of Jadmar would have troubles believing. Valmir would occasionally hop down from his pilot roost and stoke the furnace. The creaking of ropes give that familiar ship sound, minus the splashing of the waves. Cogs and wheels turn. Ropes and pulleys slide. [Secret to Lar 'the Awesome'; Viktor: Not sure if it was the reminder that you are not on the ocean, or the expectation of needing sea legs, or the few times that you looked overboard to only see empty blackness with no sense of distance, but you begin to feel queezy and nauseous. ]Many of you , curiously, glance over the edge only to see the void. A darkness so vast and disturbing that you can glance for only a few seconds. The great dark chains all eventually merge down into that inky blackness.

Over the course of the journey Valmir begins to inform you about the land of Syfera.
Syfera is a matriarchal society where males can not own property, have no say in the government, and have few personal rights. This is held in check by the queens personal guard and religious followers of the land. The guards are an arrogant, contemptible lot, hardly better than hired thugs. Easily recognizable in their polished brass armor over red hose, it is a common sight to see them shaking down civilians for a "Spot Tax": They spot you, they tax you. Each guard is hand picked and fanatically loyal and will do just about any act unquestioningly.

Amaht, the Capital city, lies near the shores of Lake Raynar. A Mid-sized lake that has been declared off limits to the general population and serves only the Queen and her most loyal subjects. It is said that the population smoulders with resentment and Media's name is cursed, in hushed tones, as soon as her royal guards have passed. Magic is known to exist in the land, but if found in "unapproved" hands, the female individual is taken to Media's castle, Males are simply killed on the spot. If they do return, they have been obviously changed and are far more approving of Media's reign.

Valmir gets lured into talking about the airship. "Airships do have their own dangers. First, they can only remain in the air so long as you can provide enough hot air to fuel the balloons. Second, unlike this design, most airships are driven by large fans. If one of those fans or the chains moving them breaks, someone has to climb outside the ship to fix it. Lastly, don't ever fall overboard, I've seen those chains latch on to people and rip them in half. It seems as if the chains will form around people once they drift far enough from the isles, or ships, and play a gruesome game of tug-of-war. Once I saw a ship drift to close to a rock and collide with it, I had to look away as dozens of chains formed around those cast adrift."

Valmir throttles back the drive system on the airship and "parks" it. He hops down from the pilots roost and addresses those present on deck. "We are about a cycle from Syfera. Do I get to simply park you where I want? or are you finally going to tell me what is going on and where we are going?" You feel the ship slow to a stop, and then begin to drift in the cross breeze.

[Private to Rael Gol: I added what you know/figured out about the potion to your character sheet. It may work on the edge of a sword, but it is designed to be ingested. There is a good chance that added to water or food the effect would remain as potent.]
[Private to Angrboda: Your natural ability at the sight is off, so you cast they spell to augment. The "silent drive" is actually a caged Air elemental. As more tubes are opened, more air is allowed to propel the ship. The mechanics are in place to regulate flow and to help direct the ship.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:47, Sun 22 Mar 2015.

Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 23 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 01:13
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Not knowing 'what was going on and where they were going' kept Lars from speaking up, but he was quite interested in hearing the answers if they were forthcoming from others.
Viktor
 player, 49 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 03:21
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
yawns and sits back on the bench...Take us to the castle of Media...that is where our prisoner is that we need to free.starts to get his things together and get out of sleep mode...walks over to a crossbow and starts to mess around with it a little...points at it and shrugs...
Valmir
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 12:33
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Alright, Now we are getting somewhere. That somewhere may be crazy town, but at least I know where you need to go. There are two things I can do to help you then. First there is a airfield off near the lake. My sources tell me that it is where the slavers dock. A slaver airship coming in may attract no notice. The other option is to park a few miles out of town. Now, that may attract attention, as would any unregistered airship landing outside of an airfield." Valmir hops back up towards the pilots roost. He begins to make several adjustments to the controls and brings the airship around so that you are heading, slowly, towards the city and nearby lake.
Angrboda
 player, 19 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 16:38
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Well, looks like we may need these cloaks after all." Angrboda says, "So, are we going to form any sort of plan for this?"
Rael Gol
 player, 33 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 18:13
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael find himself a place to sit cross legged "Well, we could pretend to be slavers and have you and Lars be our stock slaves that would try to sell at the castle." Rael rubs his chin thinking "We should land on foot, in case someone would recognize the ship ..." he smiles "Oh, a strange in human beauty like you and a fine strong man like Lars... yes I am sure they would slaver all about you."

He glance up "Meanwhile while we negotiating we could scout the castle, find our target and find a way to smuggle the target out of the castle."

[Private to GM: OOC:
Two questions related the drug we found:
  1. Would it be possible to create an antidote, so that the person drinking the antidote would be immune to the drug effect?
  2. Would it be possible to create an alternate version that would plant hypnotic suggestions in the target mind?


If it is possible, do we have the materials needed? and how long would it take to research it?
]
Angrboda
 player, 20 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 22:01
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda suddenly gets very serious, "I am NEVER going to be bound and drugged again." she states vehemently, "I am also guessing that I am far more proficient than anyone else here in getting into places I am not supposed to.  Also there is the issue that females are the slavers her not males."
Rael Gol
 player, 34 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 22:23
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael return Angrboda gaze with one of his own "Well, of course you will not be bound and drugged again.. how useful would you be to us as a mindless drone with her hands tied?" he shakes his head "No, we will make an appearance of you being drugged and tied, you'll have a small knife tucked with you and we will make sure the bonds look sturdy but that with one flick you could untie them."


He shakes his head glancing at Valmir "Is it true that all slavers are female?" he his hand in a peace offering turning to Angrboda his voice pleasing " Angrboda my dear you are too alluring with inhuman beauty to pass as a slaver... if we will need a woman we could set Eclair as so, she is not as breath taking beautiful as you are... beside, as a slave you'd be in the perfect position to sneak around."
Angrboda
 player, 21 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 23:15
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"You truly do not yet know the extent of my abilities.  If I want to I can look exactly like the woman who had captured me." she explains to Rael, "Can anyone else?"


OOC:  She has disguised her features to appear to be a human, also her APP is only 17.
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 24 posts
Sat 28 Feb 2015
at 00:52
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Lars was not happy with the way that conversation was going. Disagreement between newly formed companions was never a good thing. It was time to try to make peace.

"She does a point Rael. With her abilities to disguise herself, she is much better off playing a role of a slaver; being a SHE that is. You on the other hand are much more suitable for a role of a slave. I am sure they value slaves not only by their ... ahem size, but by their skills. A man of learning and abilities to heal, would be highly prized.

So, I like the plan, but we need to shift the roles as to who is to be a slave and who is to play the role of slavers."

Viktor
 player, 50 posts
Sat 28 Feb 2015
at 03:32
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Anyone know how to use this bow thing?  I think the lake would be the better idea...do Slavers have access to walk right into the castle? Angrboda should be a slaver...you can tie me up if you want...does anyone know what happened to Hraal? Did he fall overboard?chuckles a little...keeps messing with crossbow...


21:38, Today: Viktor rolled 31 using 1d100. Devise-crossbow

This message was last edited by the player at 03:41, Sat 28 Feb 2015.

Valmir
Sat 28 Feb 2015
at 04:19
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Valmir calls down into the discussion "Indeed Sir Rael, as far as we know, there are only a scant few males in the slavers team. We have found that only in cases of large raids are males involved. Typically they are herdmasters for the captive rather than actual slavers. It is far more common to see all female slaver teams than it is to have a single male in green."

Keeping the wheel in constant motion he turns the airship more towards the lake than the town proper at this point. Lazily the airship responds, evidence that as the talks have been going Valmir is making sure those gathered are in agreement.

"The best looking slaves of your lot would have to be Viktor and your archer. Those two would definitely catch a fair price. They would have to be unarmed to pass the ruse though. Mind you I'm going on sheer physical prowess rather than looks. I can honestly say I'd buy none of you men based on your good looks." He laughs a jovial chuckle.

He motions for Viktor to point the crossbow over the side when playing with it.
"Well I will admit, I know lots about the area, but I know nothing of the inside of the keep. If slavers could simply walk in is something we never found out. We had sent a man to meet with the Syferan resistance and give us this information. Sadly he never returned."
Rael Gol
 player, 35 posts
Sat 28 Feb 2015
at 06:08
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael look at Angrboda "That is a neat trick my lady but tell me can your glamour give you the memory of the slaver you imitate? what about her manner? her tone of voice? the way she walk and smell, the way she move her hair when she is annoyed? or happy? or considering a trade?" he shakes his head "appearance is only a fraction of what is important when you imitate someone... and the least important one."

Rael shake his head smiling "Thank you friend Lars for that vote of confidence but as the lady said, we need someone who can sneak past guards and while Viktor has his merits stealth is not one of them... as for me, I would rather act as the slaver personal servant... where I'll be more useful."
Viktor
 player, 51 posts
Sat 28 Feb 2015
at 20:30
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
What do you mean Viktor doesn't have stealth? points the crossbow to over the edge and pulls back on the string as it snaps back and causes him to jerk back and trip over his own feet...landing like a turtle on his back with a tank for a shell...starts to laugh loudly and struggles getting back up...Ok I see what you mean about the stealth thing...I would rather be a slave anyways...Rael you should take this then.. hands over the slaver sword to Rael...opens the bench he was sitting on and puts his tube thing and winesacks inside of it and his 2 short swords and throwing knives in it...Captain Valmir I am going to hide my weapons and some of our items we want to keep in this bench.  I assume when our mission is over, you would like this ship as payment... nods to Valmir and finishes putting weapons and some of the food and other items that were found on the ship into the bench and shuts it back up...hides the other winesack in the bench and moves the barrels around so they are not in plain sight...feels like he is walking on air having some of his bulky items no longer attached to him...straps his mighty axe on his back for now...feels sorry for who has to carry his axe...thinks he might regret not having his back up weapons but a slave wouldn't be fully armed to kill...Would someone please show me how to use this stupid bow thing before I hurt myself with it? starts to laugh again and hangs the business end over the deck and tries to load it up again and the arrow snaps back and almost hits him in the eye..starts to laugh even louder...mumbles some Donald Duck sounding mumbles...
Valmir
Sun 1 Mar 2015
at 03:09
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Chuckling a bit at the tit-for-tat going on in front of him. "I really doubt any of you could pull off being a slaver. All your mannerisms are wrong! All your Young Kingdom "customs" are different. It is like telling a sheep to be a goat. Yeah, they are similar, but a goat will eat anything in site. Many of you are warriors, not thugs. You may look the same, but your actions are different."

He turns around and grabs a short length of rope. Adjusting the wheel a bit he then slings the looped end of the rope over one of the grips.

"Autopilot. Alright if I'm going to be giving a lesson on the crossbows. Someone else pick up the third one from the pile. Grab a few of those bolts as well." He motions to the short arrows and then begins to do a quick and dirty explanation on how to load, point, and fire a crossbow.

"You know I thought I saw some armor and clothes from below that Lar had discovered. Why not divy them up and all try to go as slavers? Might take a bit of a stretch. Your armor is a dead giveaway that you are not Syferan. Go ahead and store your things in the hold or wherever, we can easily park this at the airfield and use it as a means of escape."

During the explanations of the crossbow workings he walks over to Angrboda. He motions for her to flip her cloaks hood down. "Those of you fine boned males could just hide your good looks under a hood, and hope that you are not on the receiving end of a welcome home kiss from a fellow slaver. I think that would blow your cover."

OOC: I've added the crossbow to both Viktor and Lar's sheets along with basic stats. Let me know who get's the third and I'll get it on their sheet.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:28, Sun 01 Mar 2015.

Hraal
 NPC, 29 posts
Sun 1 Mar 2015
at 03:20
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Hraal slowly climbs from below deck. He is extremely pale an sweating.
"What is going on, What happened, ohhh I don't feel good"

He takes a few more steps forward. He is in plain clothes rather than his turtle shell plate, in addition you see that he is not wearing any of this weapons. As the wind hits his skin he begins to shiver. A look of confusion crosses his face in the same moment the wind hits it. Sinking to his knees he sit there staring at the group with a look of absolutely no recognition on his face.

*colored the speech for easy reading*

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:54, Sun 01 Mar 2015.

Eclair
 Player, 31 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sun 1 Mar 2015
at 08:49
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Ecalir had been very, very quiet during the flight and then the conversation about the plan. She was a bit happy to have spent that time tending to and shoring up her armor by raiding one of the suits they found and parting it out. Her armor looked like some kind of motley when she was done, but it was more serviceable now.

Everyone was to focused, to narrow-sighted. They were focusing on what they had already thought of and trying to make it work instead of asking questions about other methods. She looked at the third crossbow and shrugged her shoulders. She knew the basics for those but did not care for a lesson. Instead, she asked a questions, "How common are foreign visitors to Syfera? Syferan men are all but enslaved, but do they do so with foreign males? Also, does Syfera trade with other island nations? True, we are arriving on a Syferan vessel, but that isn't an insurmountable obstacle as far as stories go. You say we will not pass for Syferan slavers, so lets us not try and get caught in the lie. Surely, people travel to Syfera willingly, occasionally? [Language unknown:  Houar,] what was it you called this dimension again?"

She looked around at her compatriots with a glare then saw Hraal and frowned. What was going on there?
Valmir
Sun 1 Mar 2015
at 14:51
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
A hearty chuckle comes from Valmir "Hoooo that's rich. That place is unfriendly to foreigners and that is putting it lightly. Heck, the sight of my red hair will set things off unless I were to play the part of a slave." His jovial face drains away for a second. "Yes, there is trade, there are airfields around the area that cater to traders. Traders essentially stay with their ships. Far to often an aeronaut, or merchant, has gone for shore leave to never return. At the trading fields there are a few inns and taverns that cater to outsiders. If the need is there to stay a night, or two, staying on your ship is still the best option. You will not find visitors wandering around Syfera, much less the capital city, alone and without escort. The only downside is that this airship would definitely attract attention when docking."

He moves back up to the pilots roost to make a few adjustments to the ship. Resetting the autopilot he moves back and stokes the furnace a bit more.

"Seeing what I see, knowing what I know of your group, I think the first best option is infiltration as slavers. Here's to hoping that no one is looking. With the next best option is docking outside of town and attempting to hide the ship. It might take to long for me to contact any friendly in the area to be of much use, unless you are not in any kind of hurry. I personally would like to spend as little time as possible on the isle."
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 25 posts
Sun 1 Mar 2015
at 16:54
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Let me ask you something Valmir. How many slavers are there usually at the port? How many ships? Do they guard it both night and day? Our disguises do not need to full them for long ... Just long enough to get close enough." Lars began stroking his new found axe. It was not as good as the one he used to have, but it would do in a pinch.
Valmir
Sun 1 Mar 2015
at 17:33
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"What we have found is that the slavers airfield is rarely occupied. There is always a basic guard detachment, but a lone airship docking is not unheard of. I'm unsure of the actual numbers mind you. Thus the whole reason why I mentioned that the best chance you had was going in through the slaver route. You already will be allowed to dock thanks to this ship. If you can get past the guards, you should have a ship waiting. Docking in the wilderness leaves a chance that your ship is discovered by those who would take advantage of the situation."

He turns to Viktor "If I remember you saying it right, you need to storm the castle? Do you have a plan or a way in? Judging by what is transpiring on this boat you have to have been told something? That way in may already be tied into the best approach."

A look of amusement crosses his face. "Maybe sir Imp intended you to steal an airship and marine drop right into the courtyard." Another jovial laugh escapes from his chest
Angrboda
 player, 22 posts
Sun 1 Mar 2015
at 17:51
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda goes down and picks up one of the suits of armor.  When she returns she is obviously uncomfortable wearing it but tries to be helpful with the planning.  "I could possibly disguise everyone," Angrboda look at the massive Viktor, "Although I don't know how well I could make you look like a woman." she says, chuckling a bit at the thought of it.  "I could also summon a demon that could possibly cover our entrance, or maybe teleport us to the area we need to be in." she says thoughtfully.
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 26 posts
Sun 1 Mar 2015
at 17:55
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Wow, that would be nice. Demon travel. Death from above! Yeah, I can get into that. Now we are talking. How many could you teleport Angrboda? how close do we need to be and how long would it take?"

Lars was definitely excited by the idea. This just seemed ... epic!
Angrboda
 player, 23 posts
Mon 2 Mar 2015
at 03:14
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda smiles at the enthusiasm shown by Lar, "Well in order to summon a being who could teleport us all at once I would have to be the most powerful sorcerer ever heard of, or have a massive amount of sacrifices.  No, the being I could summon would only be able to teleport us one at a time and I am thinking that it might actually be wiser to have it ready to teleport us out after we obtain our objective." she explains, "Also, if our plan involves any summoning at all it is going to require an extra day so that I can recuperate and be at maximum efficiency for the actual incursion."
Viktor
 player, 52 posts
Mon 2 Mar 2015
at 03:44
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
puts the crossbow away with his other weapons for now...has a actual smile on his face from learning how to use the device...What you don't think I can bring out my feminine side?..laughs and shows some of his masculine leg and laughs some more...I don't think it would be too uncommon for several female slavers to have me as their slave...no offense Angrboda but it would take several people of your size to enslave me...I think we should be able to walk right into the castle and the demon ride home would be very beneficial...Rael maybe you should attend to Hraal...he doesn't look too good...
Viktor
 player, 53 posts
Mon 2 Mar 2015
at 03:48
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael show Angrboda the globe we were given by the witch to help protect us from our enemies... walks over to Hraal and tries to help him up to put him back into his bed...of course, maybe killing Media would be the easiest solution?

This message was last edited by the player at 03:51, Mon 02 Mar 2015.

Khazim
 player, 52 posts
Tue 3 Mar 2015
at 15:07
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Khazim finally staggers out from the sleeping hold, having slept off the effects of the poison that was introduced into his injury. Still somewhat bleary-eyed he tries to follow the conversation but finds it difficult. In a typical nomad fashion he cuts right down the middle of things; "Wow.....too much talk for me to take in at this moment. Tell you all what, just determine what you need me to do or who you need me to shoot and let me know. I am willing to work however needed to get this mission done and get back to familiar ground. This flying thing is a bit freaky to be totally honest. Give me a good horse and some wind in my face and I am a happy man."
Rael Gol
 player, 36 posts
Tue 3 Mar 2015
at 15:15
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael was about to answer when he spotted Hraal behavior "We will discuss this later." he adds as he rush toward the fallen man. He kneels next to Hraal pulling out his herb bag with his left hand while his right hand rests on the man forehead.
[Private to GM:
OOC:
Sorry for not posting earlier, for some reason I was sure I already posted this :)
Rael would try to figure out what is wrong with Hraal and how best to treat him.
]
Eclair
 Player, 32 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Tue 3 Mar 2015
at 16:15
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Ecalir made a frustrated sound as Valmir made his suggestions then looked at the man with narrowed, suspicious eyes. She did not like all this dependence on any of these strangers planning and plotting various complicated or ridiculously daring escapades. She considered the various options that had been discussed and shook her head, "A direct assault on a bastion that we have no information on? What is this? [Private to group Eng: Ocean's Eleven?] Bloody hell, do you want to die so badly? Maybe you will be happy captured and tortured in some miserable medieval dungeons?"

Eclair went and looked into the... whatever this was between islands at Syfera approaching. "Whatever the risk, I think landing in the wilderness and scouting the area under the guises that Angrboda can manage. We may be under a time crunch, as it were, but we can afford caution when trying to storm a bloody castle. Even if THIS vessel gets... lost, Valmir here just admitted that the landing fields are lightly secured and mostly empty. Securing a new one would be mildly easy. However, if we should leave a guard here while we scout, that ought to protect it. Then, once we have the information, we can do a daring air raid drop. Unless we have amongst us those who are stealthy, then we can just steal what we want."

Eclair tried her hardest to remember exactly who it was they were seeking. Had anyone gotten the details? She rolled her eyes and wondered how hard it would be to disappear into this realm.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 115 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 4 Mar 2015
at 00:24
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
[Private to Rael Gol: As you get close to Hraal, your heart begins to pound, the sound of rushing blood begins to fill your ears. The pressure in your head starts to feel as if someone was pressing down on your skull with a giant foot. The feeling is getting worse the closer you get, it is near impossible to think straight.]
Rael Gol approaches Hraal. As he gets close, you see that he is also beginning to have some problems. Hraal wails a cry of despair as blood begins to seep from his eyes. "Ohh crap it hurts!" You see his eyes roll back into his head showing only the whites behind the seeping blood. Rael Gol continues to move forward, though it is obvious that he himself is fighting against his own unknown enemy. Rael Gol takes one more step forward, just as Hraal leaps to his feet and rushes past the Apothecary. "Wraaaaaghhhh!"

[Secret to Eclair; Khazim; Rael Gol; Viktor: Hraal leaping to his feet and lurching forward puts you flatfooted. You attempt to move forward to help either of the two who seem to be coming down with something only to find that your limbs are not responding.   THUMP, THUMP, THUMP Kettle drums once again pound in your ears. Your heart seems to be making any sort of action extremely difficult.
]
Before anyone seems to be able to get their wits about them Hraal has leapt on top of Lars tackling him to the ground. A pale image of a jackal headed man seems to rise out of the body of Hraal. With a strength of a titan, he punches two handholds into the deck and pins Lars beneath him. Slowly the jackal image begins to drift down on to Lars. [Private to Lars K'Rusome: Pain, sharp intense pain, spreads outwards from your chest as you feel the spectral image grip your heart in a cold grasp. The pain slowly subsides, as you feel your own heartbeats slow ... slower ... till they stop.

For a brief second, you are dead.

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP Kettle drums pound your ears and temples as a great coldness sweeps through your body. You feel your heart beating again, but it is not your heart. With sick revulsion you know that the specter has taken over your heart.
18:12, Today: Secret Roll: The Grey Lords, on behalf of Lars K'Rusome, rolled 30 using 1d100. Break Free  25 or less. - Failed
]

Hraal begins to convulse and spasm as the process proceeds. Valmir, shocked by what he sees slides his longsword from the sheath at his side. "What in the void is going on!" You can see his eyes get wide in fear at the scene playing in front of him. You can see the desire to stop whatever is going on, but is held in fear for what he should do to help.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:10, Wed 04 Mar 2015.

Rael Gol
 player, 37 posts
Wed 4 Mar 2015
at 05:17
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael sinks to the deck his arms listlessly at side of his body his eyes glazed. Slowly painfully he send his hand to his pouch taking something in his hand and starting to walk/crawl/hobble toward Hraal.

[Private to GM: OOC: Rael takes the slaver drug, he will try to drug Hraal, either by placing some of the drug in his mouth or by coating Rael knife and pricking Hraal with it.
]
Viktor
 player, 54 posts
Wed 4 Mar 2015
at 16:57
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Wonders what the hell just happened....walks over to Rael and lifts him up to get him closer to Hraal...as he tries to lift him he suddenly gets weak and falls to his knees almost crushing Rael...

This message was last edited by the player at 22:27, Wed 04 Mar 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 24 posts
Wed 4 Mar 2015
at 19:19
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda watches the exchange with dispassionate interest, "Interesting, it seems that the being is attempting to switch possessed entities.  I certainly hope this doesn't happen while we are trying to rescue your friend."  Making mental notes to herself she continues to watch the event.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 116 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Thu 5 Mar 2015
at 00:01
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Viktor moves forward to assist Rael Gol. Reaching Rael's side Viktor too succumbs to some sort of seizure as he begins to cramp and also fall to his knees. Teeth grit, muscles taut, Rael is able to pull a small vial from his stachel and dip the tip of one of his daggers in it. Crawling forward on his knees, by an obvious force of will alone, he is able to plunge the dagger into the calf of Hraal as he lay convulsing on top of Lars. For a split second Hraal stops convulsing. Bending backwards at the waist, using his arms to support his torso, you see Hraal reel back in silent agony. His face is weathered and taut, like a dried out old man.

The convulsions stop and a brief look of serenity passes his eyes. "I'm free."  He then collapses on top of Lars, all tensions and strength oozing from his body.


17:48, Today: The Grey Lords, on behalf of Viktor, rolled 80 using 1d100. Resistance. -Fail
17:48, Today: The Grey Lords, on behalf of Rael Gol, rolled 16 using 1d100. Resistance. -Pass
17:52, Today: The Grey Lords, on behalf of Hraal, rolled 56 using 1d100. POT resistance. -Fail

Lars K'Rusome
 player, 28 posts
Thu 5 Mar 2015
at 03:57
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Darkness
Angrboda
 player, 25 posts
Thu 5 Mar 2015
at 07:22
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda steps further away from the magical mayhem, "Well, I would highly suggest stepping as far back as possible from that.  It seems to be proximity based." she says to the others not involved.
Viktor
 player, 55 posts
Thu 5 Mar 2015
at 23:12
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
I can't seem to move...I thought these hearts were supposed to help us...Tries to get up but just stumbles back down on his knees.....




23:38, Today: Secret Roll: Viktor rolled 13 using 1d100. resistance to roll away-currently don't have much armor or weapons on.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:43, Fri 06 Mar 2015.

The Grey Lords
 GM, 117 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 6 Mar 2015
at 12:51
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
As the body of Hraal goes limp, so does the invisible force that seems to be effecting many of those on the deck. Your limbs once again begin to respond properly, though stiffly, to your own will. Angrboda stands, dispassionately, off to the side surveying the instance with the calculating effect of a scientist watching rats rend each over over a piece of cheese.

Valmir loops the rope over the steering wheel and steps down from the pilot roost, sword still drawn. "I said, what in the void just happened!" he points to the two still forms on the deck with his sword. "What does he mean, these hearts are supposed to help you? What is wrong with your hearts?" Looking around somewhat wildly he hops back up to the pilot roost and grabs one of the levers near the pilot wheel. "Someone better start talking, I'm not letting any disease such as what I saw make it to the mainland, ANY mainland. I'll let the void take us all."
Angrboda
 player, 26 posts
Fri 6 Mar 2015
at 13:46
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda looks over at Vilmer, "Put your sword away silly man, this is not any kind of disease.  The man was obviously possessed." she says in irritation, "As for what is wrong with their hearts?  I am not sure what all that was about but I am sure it has nothing to do with a contagious disease."
Viktor
 player, 56 posts
Fri 6 Mar 2015
at 17:34
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Slowly rolls over and starts to get up...walks over and sits on a bench and waits for his muscles to get back to normal...Pollidemia put demon hearts in us before sending us on our way...she said they would help us on this journey...at this moment I really wish she wouldn't have put these cursed hearts into us...
Khazim
 player, 54 posts
Sun 8 Mar 2015
at 19:44
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
His body returning to his own control, Khazim's eyes are wide with shock. They clear as Valmir demands to know what is going on. When Viktor responds he nods wearily at the truth of the words, gesturing at Viktor; "Yeah, what he said. This is.....new and unexpected, but we have only recently received this 'gift' from our benefactor."
Rael Gol
 player, 38 posts
Sun 8 Mar 2015
at 22:23
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
It take Rael a good half a minute or more before he is able to stand on his legs again and even then his knees feels like they are made of water. So with a graceless hobble he stumble toward Lars and Hraal to check how they both fared.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 119 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Mon 9 Mar 2015
at 02:13
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Everyone, except Angrboda, begins to regain their senses as control once again returns to their limbs. A feeling in you just lived through the best night of your life, yet do not remember it, splits through your heads. Arms, legs, and just about every joint in your body is stiff and achy. Valmir stands near the pilots roost, somewhat more in control of himself, though it is obvious that the mention of possession is only slightly better than something like a disease. He still has his sword drawn and his off hand on the grip of one of the many levers.

"I understand that sometimes sorcery is needed to fight sorcery, but to invade ones body? I'll follow the lady's suggestions and land you outside of town though I loathe to wait for you. Not that I find you evil folk, I just cannot take the chance that the possession, such as I saw, were to infect my own lands."
Valmir releases his grasp on the lever, removes the cord on the wheel, and begins to plot a new course away from the lake side of the city.

Rael Gol makes it to the prone forms of Hraal and Lars. After a quick diagnosis it is evident that Hraal has succumbed to whatever forces that were controlling you. His body is quickly stiffening and becoming cold. Lars on the other hand seems to have either been knocked unconscious, due to whatever stress was inflicted, or has fallen into a restful sleep.

"You have but a handful of moments to gather your gear. You have about 20 minuets till we reach an area outside of immediate notice of the city."
Eclair
 Player, 33 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Mon 9 Mar 2015
at 16:12
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair had watched the whole process with a dispassion; she hadn't truly known either of the men. Their fates made little impact on her disinterest in them as people. What it signified about their deal was far more disturbing. She assumed this meant the hearts had some terrible instinct of their won which drove them to find new hosts/servants for Pollidemia. She flicked her gaze to Angboda and wondered a bit about the case of the strange elfin woman in their midst neither overly disturbed nor affect by the phenomenon.

She shrugged and set about getting a travel pack of rations together as well as any eqipment she could scrounge from the ship such as rope that might be useful. She even looked for some moderately portable manacles to bring along. They were supposed to return a person to Pollidemia; there was nothing that said the person would go willingly. Eclair certainly would not return to the demon queen is she had a choice.

She wondered deeply if there was any such choice.

After a few minutes, she set herself next to Angboda and looked to where Rael lay, "What, exactly do you know of such matters as demonic hearts and possession?"
Angrboda
 player, 27 posts
Mon 9 Mar 2015
at 18:16
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda looks at Eclair as she answers, "I have to admit that I do not know much about the foul art of Necromancy.  I can say that I doubt it was a demon heart that was used in the possession however.  I do know that there is a Necromantic spell that could possibly be used to reverse the effects of the possession if we could find a grimoire that had the spell in it I could probably cast it.

As for you,"
she says turning to Valmir, "if you have not the stomach to stick through that which you said you would do, then by all means leave.  But as you stated when we first met the ship is ours."
Rael Gol
 player, 39 posts
Mon 9 Mar 2015
at 21:53
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael shakes his head as he check the pulse of Hraal "We lost Hraal..." he say more to himself than to anyone else. "Lars is still alive... Viktor could you please carry him down stairs."

He heard Valmir argue with Angrboda but for now he had to deal with the body. He shift through his cloths arranging his body in a respectable manner and placing a copper coin beneath his tongue.  I've been doing this to often lately he thinks to himself as he made the body ready for its final journey.
Lars K'Rusome
 player, 30 posts
Tue 10 Mar 2015
at 00:40
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
A cough ... head begins moving side to side as Lars struggles for breath ... light cutting into his eye (the other covered by a patch) ... a moan

Lars comes back from the land of the dead.
Viktor
 player, 58 posts
Tue 10 Mar 2015
at 02:13
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Valmir I highly suggest you be here when we return...unless you really want to be hunted by our benefactor of this trip and me...Lars are you awake? looks over at Lars to see if he is moving.....I hate to ask but who are we even supposed to get in this castle?  What is his name?  Since my armor is off and I look weakened, I will be prepared to be a slave, Rael take the slaver sword and Angroboda take my axe if you are able to carry it or perhaps my short swords instead...Rael do you still have our secret weapon?...

This message was last edited by the player at 01:32, Wed 11 Mar 2015.

The Grey Lords
 GM, 120 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Tue 10 Mar 2015
at 03:38
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Viktor moves over to help Rael with the body of Hraal. He moves to lift the body of Hraal from the form of Lars as he gasps for breath. As the body is lifted, rivulets of blood stream down from Hraal's chest on to Lars. Hraal's chest cavity has burst open, as if something burst out from his chest, to reveal a large gaping hole. Blood and gore paint Lars, the surrounding deck, and Viktors feet in a sick bloody masterpiece. Valmir is able to hold back a small gag with a sound of disgust.

Addressing those assembled on deck Valmir takes both what Viktor and Angrboda illuminate on the situation to heart. "Now Milady[Secret to Angrboda:  hello], I do agree that this ship is yours as I stated, However my services were only to pilot you here. [Secret to Angrboda: anyone, it is so very dark down here ]I never agreed to infiltrate any keep along WITH you. She made that point rather clear at the start of our journey."he motions to Eclair "On to other business how much time do you need? I can not sit in one spot waiting for you to return. Either way, I've been piloting for a half a day, I need to sleep. I can anchor on the dark side, rest, [Secret to Angrboda: hello? ]and return in a while."

Rael, sadly getting more and more familiar with the handiwork of death, ignores the situation graciously and is able to arrange Hraal in a semblance of dignity all while getting little to no blood on himself.
Lars K'Rusome
 player, 31 posts
Tue 10 Mar 2015
at 03:46
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Shit this hurts!" Lars puts his hands up to his chest and rubs it a bit. "What the heck happened? Why is this guy on me? Come on, get him off me."
Viktor
 player, 60 posts
Wed 11 Mar 2015
at 01:38
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
As he pulls up the body of Hraal his stomach tears even more covering Viktor completely in blood...he throws the body off to the side and offers a bloody hand to Lars... for some reason the blood makes Viktor feel more at home and rejuvenated...lets a loud rather demonic sounding laugh while holding his hand out to Lars and is ready to go kick some wicked witch arse...RISE LARS! should I throw the dead body overboard?

This message was last edited by the player at 01:41, Wed 11 Mar 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 28 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 01:39
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda waves her hand impatiently at Viktor, "Do whatever you must, he's dead." she then focuses intently on Valmir, "Are you ok?" she asks, noticing his strange speech.
Eclair
 Player, 34 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 05:27
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair watched as her companions once again flopped about uselessly and then looked with narrowed eyes at Angrboda, "Tell me of this spell and I shall endeavor to find it. I grow weary of this leash and this... mission, but not my life, such as it is."

Eclair waited for the others to get themselves in line and into action, shifting to settle her armor into place. It sat differently than normal now and that might prove an issue. She touched the hilt of her short sword unconsciously and formed a long forgotten prayer while touching the bit of silver she had liberated from the corpse a few hours ago.
Rael Gol
 player, 40 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 08:53
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael shakes his head "In a moment Viktor. First let me find a sheet to wrap him up and have a short service. "

He glance at Eclair "You are very quick to trust a stranger with dangerous magic. If you had known a fraction of her people history you'd not be so quick to let her have such power over you."
Viktor
 player, 61 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 18:43
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Still covered in blood...motions for everyone and puts his head down...
Everyone come over and give a moment of peace for our fallen warrior...Rael say a prayer and we must move on...Valmir if you need to leave and anchor on the dark side[Secret to Angrboda: no, don't leave me in the dark]...so be it..

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:16, Thu 12 Mar 2015.

Valmir
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 19:24
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Seeing that the situation is simply gone from strange to "what the hell" in a matter of moments, Valmir simply shrugs and puts his sword away. "I'm fine, at this point I have to assume that all this strange behavior is my lack of sleep. I'll sleep, and come back to this spot in 20 cycles. [Secret to Angrboda: What? how long, take me with you ]Is that enough time?" Valmir reaches for the lever that he grasped moments before. Slowly he begins to pull back on the lever, above you, you hear a slight hiss of escaping air.

"You want to dump your friend, now is the best time, don't want his body on the edge of land to be discovered.[Secret to Angrboda: Discovered? someone has found me?]"

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:28, Thu 12 Mar 2015.

The Grey Lords
 GM, 121 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 19:41
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
The landmass that is Syfera grows large off the side of the airship. In moments you will be over "solid" land once again. The wind whips up one last time as you near the landmass as if in an attempt to push you away. After the brief second of turbulence the air once again grows calm. While still calm, the anticipation of being over earth again has set many of your nerves back in order. Who would have known that flying miles above a great empty void would have such an effect on you.

The better part of the day has been spent in the airship. If things are similar to your own realms it should begin to be dusk here in a few hours. For good or bad you will be landing in a foreign land under the cover of darkness. During the shuffle of gathering gear, wrapping the body, and dealing with all the wondrous strange events an inventory of Hraal's belongings was taken. Gathered together you find his pack and the following pieces of gear:

Pan Tang style Plate (Size 10, Designed to look like a Tortoise shell)
Serrated Broadsword with the mark of chaos on the Pommel
Hunting Bow with 8 arrows
Backpack
Several sets of clothes (Size 10)
[Secret to Angrboda: Dagger designed to look like a dragon in flight (Dragon maw is pommel, Tail is blade)]
Small palm sized shagreen bound book
14 Groats, 1 Bronze

[Private to Rael Gol: Sorry, he really did not flesh out his character, so no fiddlybits]

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:30, Sun 22 Mar 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 29 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 23:47
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda smiles at Rael, "Not to worry, I shall never use my magic on you.  I am only in the habit of using it for people who trust me."

As the discussion continues she begins to look at her comrades with consternation, "Perhaps I should go do this quest and then meet up with the rest of you?  There seems to be something wrong." when the belongings are being gone through she picks up the book with interest and begins leafing through the pages.

[Private to GM: If the book does not contain magical writing she will discard it.  Is there something I can roll to figure out what's wrong with everyone?]

After she flips through the book she looks at the rest of the group with an even more quizzical look, "DON'T!" she yells loudly, "There is something wrong with his gear.  Let me look at it before anyone touches it." She then begins looking over the gear slowly, looking for signs of magic use.

[Private to GM: Checking the daggers first then the rest of the gear.]

This message was last edited by the player at 01:09, Sat 14 Mar 2015.

Viktor
 player, 62 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2015
at 03:46
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Takes the wrapped body and throws it overboard before hitting land...was eyeing some of the items but sits back down when warned of the items being cursed...
Rael Gol
 player, 41 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2015
at 05:52
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael made sure the body was well wrapped before speaking a few words. He never saw himself as the type to send men in their final journey and yet this was the third time he had done just saw in a week, the role was growing on him.

He watch as Angrboda rummage through Hraal stuff... his first instinct is to bark her off but hi bite his tongue. So far she had seem far more helpful than most people in the young kingdoms, he decided that despite her lineage he is going to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"What do you mean wrong?" he asks
Viktor
 player, 63 posts
Sun 15 Mar 2015
at 21:10
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
We need to figure out a plan...is Angrboda doing the mission or should I be her slave? Didn't the creepy imp guy give us a map to help find our captive?Still covered in blood and sitting on a bench waiting....

This message was last edited by the player at 03:02, Mon 16 Mar 2015.

Valmir
Mon 16 Mar 2015
at 12:55
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Valmir carefully guides the airship down towards a suitable landing place. Hopping down from the pilots roost he sets a grapple and drops a rope ladder. While still in a slight drifting motion, Valmir scrambles down the rope ladder and deftly fastens the grapple to a near by tree. Hardly skipping a beat he scrambles back up the ladder and begins to fiddle with many of the levers bringing the airship to a gentle stop.
"All ashore who's going ashore![Secret to Angrboda: Ohh yes, please lets leave this dingy place!]" he calmly states.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:04, Mon 16 Mar 2015.

The Grey Lords
 GM, 122 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Mon 16 Mar 2015
at 13:10
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda begins to sort through the items that were gathered above deck. Carefully she begins to pick through the assorted weapons and personals. As she riffles through the backpack, a rolled sheet of blood stained paper falls out of Hraal's backpack. Beyond the few martial belongings and a change of clothes nothing seems to really be out of sorts.

The sunlight is just slightly beginning to fade. You figure that you are approximately an hour out of town and there may be slightly over 2 hours of usable sun left in the day. Valmir begins to scramble about the deck trimming the ropes, keeping the furnace stoked, inspecting seams on the balloon. It is obvious that he is readying the ship to take off once again. Valmir digs around a small box off to the side of the pilots roost and digs out a small palm sized medallion. Holding it in the air he offers it to he group. "It's a lodestone. Keep the needle to your right and you should easily make it to Amahat."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:36, Mon 16 Mar 2015.

Eclair
 Player, 35 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Mon 16 Mar 2015
at 15:39
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Ecalir looks at Rael then shakes her head, "Perhaps it is that you know this history that blinds you instead? Either way, there is work to be about and I trust you all the same..."

That wasn't exactly true; some of this lot seemed to have their heads screwed on tighter than others. She did not even pass a glance over the gear. She felt she had all she needed and didn't have the want to empty a dead man's purse. Instead, she tried to locate some rope, grapnels, and even inspected the ship for spare clothes. IT would be best, for a time at least, to blend in if possible.

Sher looked at Valmir, "If 20 cycles is [Private to group Eng: an hour], that might not be enough for the whole mission but enough for this pass to my estimation. No matter what, we should be back here then even if just to check in or ask some questions, yes?"
Angrboda
 player, 30 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2015
at 18:03
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
As she goes over the gear Angrboda speaks, "Well, these two items," she says indicating the sword and the armor, "Had demons bound to them.  Since the binder is dead the demons have escaped to go back to whichever sphere they are from.  This item however," she says holding up the dagger, Has some sort of more powerful magic placed upon it.  The strangeness I am talking about however is that a few of you seem to have something adding to your statements, in High speech no less, which I do not think anyone else here speaks?" she looks over the blood stained paper as she waits for replies from the group.
Viktor
 player, 64 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2015
at 22:26
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda I do not know of any magic other then what the witch cursed us with these demon hearts...Will these hearts aid us[Secret to Angrboda: Ohh yes aid I will, but only you] or destroy us? Loosely bind me with rope and bring a sword for me...gets up and finds some rope to bind his hands...

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:39, Tue 17 Mar 2015.

Rael Gol
 player, 42 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2015
at 22:42
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael take the loadstone from Valmir hand examining it with fascination. He glance at Eclair when she speaks but shake his head without saying another word.

"You make no sense woman..." he tells Angrboda "Explain yourself, what statements are you talking about?"
The Grey Lords
 GM, 123 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Tue 17 Mar 2015
at 00:52
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
The loadstone is a small, elongated, triangular arrow set into the medallion that always seems to move it's apex towards a certain direction; no matter which way you turn so long as you hold the medallion horizontal to the ground. With fascination Rael is seen turning which way and that testing the limits of the wondrous mechanism of Law. Many of you have not heard a single phrase of High speech uttered recently, a bit of Mabden, and some strange language uttered time to time from Eclair which resembles that same guttural speech.

A small breeze picks up and begins to shimmy the piece of paper around the deck. Luckly, or unluckily, Valmir is there in time to stamp his foot down before the paper is lost to the wind. Bending over Valmir picks up the bloodstained paper and holds it out in offering. Shortly after he extends his arm you see Valmir's brows furrow quizzically. "Where did you get this?" Valmir's voice has taken, once again, a tinge of anger to it. Trusting the paper forward towards the group. "I Said, where did you get this! This is Alphred's handwriting!"

Valmir grabs the paper and unfurls it so that a neatly, though hurriedly, scrawl is facing the group. Turning the paper over he reveals a drawing of a keep done in the same hand. "This map was to be smuggled out of Syfera for when the time was right. What are you doing with this? You and your group have been bumbling around acting all cagey. All the while you have had this!"

Both sides of the piece of paper is in the player aids thread. Let me know if you cannot read the handwriting I'll type it out.
[Private to Angrboda: You think you feel the dagger squirm a bit as Valmir's voice grows in anger.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:57, Tue 17 Mar 2015.

Viktor
 player, 65 posts
Tue 17 Mar 2015
at 04:45
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
sets the rope down and stands up looking towards Valmir...The imp that took us here gave us this map and Hraal had it.  I did not know where it went.  We must leave and get this done.  Are you going to wait for us and if you leave are you going to come back?  If anything happens to my axe...bad things will happen.  Perhaps Angrboda and I should go do this mission...maybe we can take a demon ride back to the ship...Khazim or Lars could go with as another slave...Rael did you want to go with?
Angrboda
 player, 31 posts
Tue 17 Mar 2015
at 06:40
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda sighs, "Trying to explain everything about magic to one who is not educated about it will take me entirely too long." she explains to Rael, when the map blows out of her hands she grabs at it but misses, happy to see Valmir grab it, until he begins yelling.  "You really need to calm the hell down sir.  A few seconds ago you were going to leave us to do this alone."

Turning to the group at large she speaks her mind, "To my estimation something is wrong, Eclair here is the only one of you I have not heard speaking what to you should be gibberish." she sits on a nearby barrel and looks around, "It is my belief that something is compromised and that perhaps just the two of us should go into this keep.  As I stated before, given a few minutes I can easily conjure an ally that will be on call to teleport us and the prisoner out when we find him."
Rael Gol
 player, 43 posts
Tue 17 Mar 2015
at 07:28
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael eyes narrows as he turn to Angrboda "Well not explaining anything is shorter but it will leave us all in the dark... so either explain what you mean or cease with those tidbits of dark omens and shut up... "

When Valmir shows them the map, Rael hand reach for his own pack surprised. Hraal must have taken it from him for he was sure it was in his safe keeping. It meant nothing for the map was thrust into his face.

He place both hands in a calming motion "Peace Valmir, we were given this map by the fool. I know not who was this Alphred nor of the importance of this map for you. However as a show of trust once we are done you could keep this map. Please explain yourself about the importance of this map to you."


He shakes his head for the latest suggestion of Angrboda "This is not even your mission and I have little trust for you as for Eclair she made her thought of all us very clear so, let me put it plainly and simply not in gibberish. There is no way in the nine hells that the two of you will leave this ship without us to do this task."
Valmir
Tue 17 Mar 2015
at 12:41
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Alphred was our man on the inside. Syfera is not a happy place. There is an underground movement here. Alphred intentionally was captured to act as a mule to get info out of Syfera. Slaves escape[Secret to Angrboda: Yes mistress, please take me away from here ]all the time, at the proper time he was to escape with this map of Media's palace and as much information as he could. He never made the rendezvous, by the looks of this I now know why."

He shakes his head in sadness

"I'll not abandon you. It seems as if fate, or some other infernal power, has put us on this collision course. You say you are here to kidnap someone from under Media's nose. Well this here map, that we have been waiting for, is the very route you need to get into the castle itself. This information, unless you would kill[Secret to Angrboda: Ohh I have not fed for so long, take his suggestion ]Media herself, is needed by the underground. I would definitely like to see it back."

He rolls the paper back up and offers it to the group.

"I will anchor on the dark side and return for you in 20 cycles. I will not be able to accompany you on such little rest I would merely turn into a liability."
Rael Gol
 player, 44 posts
Tue 17 Mar 2015
at 13:27
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael blinks at the surprising answer "Wait, so your underground is just waiting for this map to attack Media?" he asks in a hushed voice.

He glanced over at Viktor "This could be our chance... Valmir how long would it take your underground to muster the forces for the attack. I'll be plain, we are strangers in this land we care not who rules it as we will soon depart. However, we do need to steal something under Media nose. Perhaps we could reach some agreement that would be favorable for both of us. You'll have the map and a chance to remove the queen and we will have our diversion to steal what may be needed."

He glance over at the others "Who knows for the right price some of my warrior friends might be willing to help in the attack itself once our own charge was secured."
Angrboda
 player, 32 posts
Tue 17 Mar 2015
at 18:52
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Seeing her chance to do something interesting and dangerous Angrboda speaks up, "Well, since Rael has expressed his disinterest with my help and abilities, multiple times, I see no reason I cannot help your cause by assassinating this Media person for you." she says happily, slipping her dagger into its sheath.  Turning to Eclair she asks, "Since the man's disdain also rests upon you, would you care to join me?"
Khazim
 player, 55 posts
Tue 17 Mar 2015
at 19:29
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Khazim steps up, polishing his bow which almost seems a part of him and addresses Angrboda; "I personally don't like the idea of impersonating a slave, that separates me from my bow. On the other hand a sneaky advance is something I can assist with in addition to sniping with my bow. So if you are doing the sneaky approach count me in."
Viktor
 player, 66 posts
Wed 18 Mar 2015
at 00:27
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
So Khazim and I are slaves...Eclair and Angrboda are our slavers...should Rael and Lars be slaves as well...Angrboda are you able to carry my axe?
Valmir
Wed 18 Mar 2015
at 00:51
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Thinking for a few moments
"I'm not the one with the contacts here in Syfera. I would have to return to Laukland, with the map, and show the rest of the council. It being nearly a 10 cycle trip [Secret to Angrboda: To long, much to long, We should feed sooner ]between the two islands it would not be for some time before we could even get back to make contact."

Shaking his head with a look of weariness

"On top of that, I need sleep, add in a few cycles so I do not at least doze at the wheel. Several days at best."
Lars K'Rusome
 player, 33 posts
Wed 18 Mar 2015
at 01:09
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Yeah, I am ok. Thanks for asking. Don't you bother about a man who was pinned to a deck by a dead man and had something literally crawl into his chest and around his heart.

Now can someone please explain to me what exactly happened around here?"

Viktor
 player, 67 posts
Thu 19 Mar 2015
at 15:55
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Lars you now have a demon heart like most of us do...the pain will somewhat go away soon...we have to go on our mission now..are you going to stay here or go with?
Lars K'Rusome
 player, 34 posts
Fri 20 Mar 2015
at 01:43
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"I see ... I ... I ... WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN I HAVE A DEMON IN ME?"

Lars jumps to his feet and starts pawing at his chest, but does not find any wounds, hich certainly does not make him feel better.

"How do I get it out?" he says in a somewhat calmer voice.
Rael Gol
 player, 45 posts
Fri 20 Mar 2015
at 05:56
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
For a brief moment Rael eyes drift to his knife and the subduing slaver drug... it was tempting but after but a heart beat he banish the temptation from his mind.

Instead he walks to Lars both palm open in a non threatening manner "Calm down Lars... my friend is rather bluntly direct but for all appearances it does appear to be the case."

He sighs "As for getting it out, my guess would be that you need to come with us when this mission is over and meet queen Pollidemia she is the one that charged us with the mission and gave us these demonic hearts..." he shakes his head "Once we accomplish our mission one of her rewards would be the return of our own hearts."
The Grey Lords
 GM, 127 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 20 Mar 2015
at 13:14
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Giving a brief moment for the panicking Lars to get his bearings, Valmir stands patiently near the pilot roost. It looks as if he is about to further the conversation when you see him crook his head to the side. "SHH!!!" He gets deathly still holding his left hand out, index finger raised. The tension in his posture reminds you of a cat about to pounce.

Wup.... Wup... Wup....

You hear some strange noise. It is similar, yet just a bit more mechanical, to a sail which has blown free allowing it to flap in the wind. Valmir's hand flattens into a stop motion. "Everyone hold still, it's a patrol!" Off along the horizon, where you just came from, you see a silhouette of an airship making a long sweep near the lands edge you just passed.

Valmir springs into motion, hurriedly talking as he rushes about the boat. "I'm sorry my friends, time is up, I need to move this boat now. If we are caught lanside we are all done for!" He shimmies down the rope ladder and unhooks the anchor. The shadow of the patrol boat appears to maintain it's distance, however it is hard to tell given the lack of landmarks in the sky. "This airship has no defenses other than stealth and speed, and it is not all that fast." As he clambers back on deck. "If you want the underground's assistance, I need the map and I should be back within 30 or 40 cycles. Otherwise I can pick you all back up after your deeds are done in 15 to 20 cycles."

He finishes trimming a few lines and stoking the furnace. "The choice is yours and it needs to be done now. If you want any hopes of assistance whatsoever I need to get hidden or on the way."
Angrboda
 player, 33 posts
Fri 20 Mar 2015
at 17:13
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda walks up to Valmir and takes the map back, "Or you can go inform your resistance that we have the map and are planning an incursion.  If they do not believe you it is most likely because they actually lack the conviction to back what they say they are going to do.  Whatever the case we need this map to do the things we are going to do."  she says as she moves to get off the ship gathering belongings as she goes, "By the way, if you do not come back for us," her eyes narrow as she turns to look at the coward, "you can rest assured that the rest of your life will be demon plagued." she then exits the ship and moves to the cover of some trees.
Viktor
 player, 68 posts
Fri 20 Mar 2015
at 17:51
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda....take a slaver sword and I will be your slave...are you able to carry my axe...otherwise I must leave it here...looks down at Angrboda..
Angrboda
 player, 34 posts
Sat 21 Mar 2015
at 18:57
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda turns to Viktor, "Just bring your axe, I have a plan." she says as she hefts a large bundle of clothing taken from the ship.
Rael Gol
 player, 46 posts
Sat 21 Mar 2015
at 19:15
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael quickly stuffed all his thing into his herb pouch and moved to the exit "You will get this map when we are returned." He tells Valmir "You have my word, the map will be returned to its rightful owner."

"I'll have the map please." he tell Angrboda his hand outstretched.
Lars K'Rusome
 player, 35 posts
Sat 21 Mar 2015
at 21:36
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Lars shakes his head, grabs his stuff, especially his new Axe, and goes. There will be time to figure things out later and then someone was going to pay for what happened to Lars!
Angrboda
 player, 35 posts
Sat 21 Mar 2015
at 22:37
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Once Angrboda gets undercover so the approaching airship will not see her, she sits down and begins copying the map and information into the journal acquired from Hraal, "You seem to laboring under the impression that you have permission to give me orders." she replies to Rael as she sketches, "Simply put, you do not.  I shall return the map to you when I am done copying it."
Rael Gol
 player, 47 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2015
at 05:09
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael look at her sketching and slowly speaks "Simply put you are not like the rest of us... the others may alley with you but in the end of the day if our mission will not be fulfilled it would be our hearts that would burst out of our chest not yours."

He take a slow breath "So I ask you again kindly... give me back our map."
Eclair
 Player, 36 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sun 22 Mar 2015
at 14:23
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair sighed heavily as the group bickered... more then looked at Angrboda and only nodded slightly. This one seemed capable. She remained silent as she took the map and exited the ship but followed silently.

On the ground, she took cover near the woman and had decided that following this one seemed the best way to stay alive until she could do... what? As Rael amde his demand and was rebuffed, Ecalir eyed the medic and her hand trailed to her sword as her eyes got icy calm. As far as she was concerned, Angrboda was the leader and director of operations until such time as anyone showed more intelligence.

Eclair was still not sure what this fucked up world was about or what she was going to do about demons, witches, and floating mystical islands, but for now she had to do what was in front of her to stay alive. If that meant that just the two of them, then so be it though the axe wielder seemed a capable tool. She eyed Rael cautiously as Angrboda worked.
Khazim
 player, 56 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2015
at 14:56
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Khazim lets the situation play out between Rael and Angrboda thinking that they are adults and need to work it out. He is just pleased to NOT be going unarmed as a slave. He was practically BORN with a bow in his hands in the desert and can't imagine going without it.

Gathering his things he quietly disembarks from the ship. He had looked at the better armor that Hraal wore and thinks about the added protection but knows it would drastically affect his stealth. Having a vague idea what Pan Tangian plate is worth he does gesture to it as he passes; "Regardless of anything else we should not just lose Hraal's armor, it could bring a fortune if sold assuming no one else can wear it." He had taken the 8 remaining arrows from Hraal's bow but leaves the bow as his bow is finer.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 128 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 22 Mar 2015
at 15:56
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Making haste to exit the ship, things are gathered, and conversations are cut short. Khazim quickly scoops up the belongings that were organized on deck into a large sack with little care other than it made it in the bag. Every gets down and hunkers into a small stand of trees and brush hoping that the dimming light will help conceal them from the approaching patrol boat. Valmir quickly pokes his head over the side and quickly retracts the rope ladder. "Twenty cycles I'll be back here to pick you up![Secret to Angrboda: Good, now it is time to feed!]"

The airship quickly begins to pick up speed as it rises into the air. It quickly crests the tree tops and takes off in the opposite direction of the patrol. You can see that the speed of the slaver vessel is barely faster than that of the patrol ship. Regardless, you see the patrol vessel alter course in an attempt to get within range of the smaller vessel. Calmly readying yourselves so that you can move as soon as it is clear you are able to take note of the situation. Once again in a foreign land, little direction on what to do or where to go, and to top it all off, within the hour it will once again be dark.

Taking note of your location, using what information that Valmir passed during your journey, Armaht (and Media's Palace) is about 40 or so minuets walking distance from where you landed to the "west" of your location. On your approach you noted no light sources from your landing area to the city itself, and few areas that would indicate established roads.

Taking stock of what was scooped into the bag you find the following
Several sets of clothes (Hraal's and Slavers)
Hraal's Broadsword
Hraal's Plate
Small satchel of Hardtack (about 8 biscuits)
1 Graple-anchor from the ship

Edit's to earlier posts:
Hraal's clothes and Plate are Size 10 not 13, It should be able to "fit" anyone but Viktor. I looked at the wrong attribute.

Angrboda
 player, 36 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2015
at 20:05
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda finishes copying the map and the information on it quickly then hands the original to Rael, "There you go." she says, smiling.  She then looks around the group and clears her throat, "I know that my help and input is not desired by some of you but I have a couple thoughts on how to do this quest of yours." she says pointedly not looking at Rael, I have a spell that will allow me to disguise the two of you," she indicates Lars and Viktor, "as women for a short time.  That should help you get into the keep as long as you hurry.  As for you," she says turning to Rael, "Since you consider magic to be so abhorant I can disguise you with some of the clothes taken from the slavers.  Your features are feminine enough that it should be undetectable.  After that I propose that Eclair and I work on killing this Media woman while you three go to rescue your friend.  I don't know how long these cycles are that Valmir was talking about but I will need time to summon some assistance before I cast the spells.  Though, if you don't want my help that tree over there looks quite comfortable, and I am fully willing to just wait here for the ship to return."
Rael Gol
 player, 48 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2015
at 20:36
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael take the map and give a short bow "Thank you." he says "I do not think killing Media is in our best of interest. I think that our employer want to vex her and have her annoyed at losing what we steal from her." he shakes his head "Simply put the queen is to volatile and unknown to be sure how she would react to us killing Media. She might praise us or she might take her hearts back through our rib cages."

He shakes his head making sure the map is tuck back in its safe place next to the small oval sphere "I for one am not eager to tempt my life on it. As for magic, any sane man should be wary of such a force for it give power but at a steep cost. If you are willing to pay such cost to cast an illusion on me." he shrugs "I have no problems with it. However, for how long would the enchantment would last and how hard would it be to pierce? for myself, I have no problem acting as your personal servant slave or whatever they call such position here."

He looks over the direction Media palace "Media is not an ordinary woman, beside the fact she rules a whole sky island, she is strong enough to be in conflict with Pollidemia. Because Pollidemia  unleashed on us half a dozen or so demons only to test our mettle, no doubt Media is more capable if Pollidemia resort to hire the like of us."
Viktor
 player, 69 posts
Mon 23 Mar 2015
at 06:50
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
still covered in blood and holding his axe with most of his armor still on the ship...what kind of negative effects does this magic have of making us look like women? will I still have my strength and I thnk it might look funny if I was to carry a big axe around as a weapon..I think Rael is right...we should just find this person and get out of here...
Eclair
 Player, 38 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Wed 25 Mar 2015
at 06:12
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair looked to Rael and her lip curled, "More like the witch hired us because no one suspects the mouse would kill the lion." Ecalir knew absolutely nohing of magic or how it actually worked so she kept silent on that remark and watched their surrounds carefully. They had just been about to be spotted by a patrol after all. This little mouse had claws and a desperate will to not only live but figure out the puzzle that was her existence.

The other would argue for a time so she sat on her haunches and watched for the enemy.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 129 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 25 Mar 2015
at 15:15
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Several moments go by as you watch the patrol ship shrink in the horizon sky. By now you can see that the ship that Valmir is piloting has vastly increased the distance from the patrol. Eclair keeps a wary eye out as verbal barbs are passed among the group. Small tasks get finished and gear gets pack for your imminent departure when Eclair calls out noticing that the patrol ship begins to make a turn around. Knowing full well the airship they were chasing is now far beyond their attempt to catch they seem to be turning around in your general direction.

With night time falling, the distances involved, and the general foliage of the area you can easily clear out in the 20 or so minuets that it will take for the airship to get withing threatening range. It seems that for every boon the higher powers give you, other powers seems just as determined to undermine any luck on your part. You have nearly an hour of careful travel till you reach the city. If luck were to hold the city itself will not have an encompassing wall allowing for easy access in and out. Getting the men into and out of the city, on the other hand, is going to take a bit more planning.

Time passes, it is night in a forested area and you are easily several minuets ahead of any patrols. You will make it to the outskirts of Armaht "easily".

You look upon a large sprawling city. Off on the "west" border of the city is the large lake mentioned by Valmir. Two structures dominate your view The first is the large octagonal keep of Media looming near the center of town. The second is a large octagonal tower under construction near the "north" end of town. The houses and buildings of the town form a mix of single story and two story dwellings built of mud brick and wood. Streets form a tidy pattern indicating that at one time order dominated the thinking of the land. Moonlight is barely enough to see the outlines of the edge of town. Occasionally you see movement, possibly patrols, near the outskirts. However it is evident that the outskirts favor the poor and patrols should be fairly inconsistent.

From what is printed on the map, the Black Lizard Tavern, should be somewhere between the lake and the Fortress. This puts you on a direct approach to the keep first. From what has been told the night holds both a benefit and a problem. Night would be easier to get around in thanks to the shadows and ability to ignore most people. However most of those people would more than likely be patrols, and who knows how well a spot tax would shake down.
Angrboda
 player, 37 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2015
at 17:22
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda, about to speak when the warning comes of the patrol ship, merely packs up what she can carry and heads off.  When the group is sure that pursuit is left behind she begins explaining, "You truly know nothing about the way magic works do you?" she inquires, "Given a small amount of time I could summon a dozen demons to wait for my bidding.  The amount of demons has nothing to do with the power of the sorcerer, you would do well to be more worried about the sorcerer who summons one demon that is tough enough to give your whole group a challenge."

When they reach the edge of town she pauses, "Perhaps we should pool our money and rent a room in this inn?  if there is already a secret passage there it would make our entry a bit easier.  Considering that I have not had the time to summon a teleporter it seems that we shall have to make our way both into and out of the keep the mundane way.  Although, if we can afford to stay at the inn for two nights I would still have time to summon."
Viktor
 player, 70 posts
Thu 26 Mar 2015
at 03:27
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
It would be nice to get this blood off me...I have silver of 8...reaches in his pants and pulls out a small sack of money..chuckles and tosses it to Angrboda........
Rael Gol
 player, 49 posts
Thu 26 Mar 2015
at 19:02
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael glance over at Angrboda nodding "I know very little of magic but I have seen enough sorcerer felled down by the very demon they summoned to give magic a healthy respect and to know to steer away from it."

He glance over "Perhaps for you summoning demons is trivial like breathing for the rest of us, you certainly make the impression of it but as long as you alone would pay the price if you misstep I care not, alas I fear that in such a case we would all be forced pain and suffering and thus I advocate caution."

He glance at the pouch at his belt "We took some money from the slavers, perhaps it would do."
Lars K'Rusome
 player, 36 posts
Fri 27 Mar 2015
at 02:01
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
The talk of money seemed to cheer Lars up a bit. "Taverns are ... good." But then he remembered that he had no money "Perhaps we can sell some of the things we do not need. A lot of tavern owners have a sideline as fe ... buying and selling stuff. If the owner is willing to deal, I am sure I can get us good value."
Eclair
 Player, 39 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sat 28 Mar 2015
at 18:14
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Ecalir is mollified some as the group makes headway in its mission by approaching the city then stalls again outside its limits. She looks around as they speak of money and shakes her head, "I haven't got much in the way of cash but I don't think that is the problem. Let's worry about getting to the place and then sorting out the money issues, kay? I find that minor business often has a way of working out anyway."

Ecalir eyed the town and shook her head. How were they going to avoid a random shakedown? They were an odd party for this place, if Valmir was to be believed. IF they were spotted, questions seemed likely. Still, sneaking was even less likely to succeed and more likely to draw questions.

"Elf, can you disguise the brute, the poppinjay, and the nomad? You, I , and the medic can easily pass amongst these people... more or less... under cover of darkness, but not them. If we proceed with some caution and some confidence, we should make the Tavern. I recommend heading in as fast as possible to get past the increased patrols quickly then making our way to our destination."

She looked at her erstwhile allies and raised a questioning eyebrow.