The Prisoner - The Arrival.   Posted by The Grey Lords.Group: archive 1
Eclair
 Player, 14 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Fri 30 Jan 2015
at 04:40
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair allows someone else to take the "gift" as she wants nothing at all to do with Pollidemia's presents. She wants little to do with this job but the heart beating in her chest gives her few options but to comply. How could she know what manner of trickery was involved there? AS the imp's words flow through her mind, she snaps a suspicious look at him; had he just said airships? At the current count that made barbarians with swords, demons, some kind of magically inserted artificial hearts, floating islands, and airships. She rolled her eyes and tried to wonder what else the universe could throw at her.

She checked her gear looked at her companions and then jerked her chin toward the village before she began walking. Sometimes, when you were having a bad trip it was best to just ride it out. Especially when there was a crazed demoness/goddess holding the steering wheel and threatening to "pull this car" over.
Rael Gol
 player, 22 posts
Fri 30 Jan 2015
at 06:41
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael smiles at Viktor and his smile is a little forced so what of that "Think nothing of that Viktor... we were all rattled by the "gift" of the queen." the queen fool was in hearing distance and he had no wish for the little weasel to have something to report.

If no one else seem to be willing to take the gift Rael take it in his hands and examine it "Any idea how to use this think? should I just toss it at an enemy or what?"
Viktor
 player, 30 posts
Sat 31 Jan 2015
at 02:40
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Astralgyx, I thank you for the information.  We will not fail her majesty.  None of us will try anything funny or I will make them scream after I remove their arms and legs and decide if they would be an appropriate offering for my homeland's musical choir.

Looks over to Rael and hands him his empty coin pouch...my little friend see if the orb will fit into this and tie it inside your pocket, my axe will make sure you or it is not harmed...I would take it but I don't think the majesty should have put a demon heart into a warrior of my morbid and beautiful homeland

Puts his wine sack away and cleans a piece of demon flesh from his mighty axe. Lets out a demonic loud laugh...Let's go find this ship before this demon heart turns me into something other then my gentlemanish self... laughs another even more demonic sounding laugh and starts to walk in the direction of the ship. Looks over at his little buddy and nods to assure him if anything or anyone is going to hurt him or the orb, they might just regret it.




17:50, Today: Viktor rolled 51 using 1d100. find the correct path to get to the ship?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Sat 31 Jan 2015.

The Grey Lords
 GM, 89 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 1 Feb 2015
at 01:31
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Rael takes on the role of the gift bearer with some trepidation. Turning the glass bauble over in his hands, the almost perfect beauty of the orb seems to transfix his gaze. Hardly heavier than a handful of wool, the orb seems to nestle warmly in Rael's hand. Slowly a small black smudge begins to swim within the crystal clear globe. Growing thicker, darker, and slowly taking over more and more, the smudge begins  changing the orb's color. First a smoky color eventually settling on an inky black, onyx like, color.

Seconds before Astralgyx disappears into the thick brush of the forest you see him stop and turn. As if deciding if leaving you alone was a good choice he stares at the group. Raising both hands at the elbows, he waves both of them down in an obvious motion of disgust. You swear you hear him scowl "Bah!" before turning once again and vanishing into the woods.

Standing on the side of the road, it is plain that the only true choice in this strange land is to head towards the town. If the gnarled imp was correct, your passage to the land of Syfera begins there. You take this time to stretch your legs, loosen some of the battles cramps, and simply enjoy the crisp clear air. The going is easy as the road is definitely well traveled and marked. The only thing that bothers you now is the fact that there are no real stars. Knowing what you have seen, those twinkling lights are merely cities and other inhabited locations on other floating islands.

After 30 minuets or so of walking you hear a quick and muffled shout coming from off the road to the left. Peering off in that direction, your vision is blocked by a low rolling hill. TING, TANG, TAP the sound of metal on metal drifts from behind the hill a few moments later.
Eclair
 Player, 16 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sun 1 Feb 2015
at 08:11
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair heard a sound at once both alien and distinctly familiar. It was as if she had two sets of ears and one recognized the sound of metal striking metal while the other registered that knowledge but had never before hear it. Two sets of experience warred inside her skull as she stared blankly toward the sound for several long minutes then sighed and began to move toward it. One hand went to her sword while the other moved toward the tube she had secured to her backpack.

She tried to move as quietly as she could to crest the hill and see what was on the other side unannounced.

[Private to The Grey Lords: 16:09, Today: Eclair rolled 88 using 1d100. Move Quiet.  Against a 90, that is a success.]

Again, her split experiences seem to guide her feet as she crept closer and she was pretty confident of her stealth.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 92 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 4 Feb 2015
at 01:35
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair takes the initiative to sneak quietly over the hill. The remainder of the party decides to let Eclair become the "official" scout and remains on the road, eyes wary in case the noises are merely a distraction for an ambush.

[Private to Eclair: (I'm doing it this way as people have logged in, but no one wants to take any initiative and post)
As you slowly belly climb up the hill you feel a sort of confidence in your skill, as if it these martial skills were almost natural. (19:10, Today: The Grey Lords, on behalf of Eclair, rolled 49 using 1d100. Hide. - Good enough) Cresting the top of the hill you are able to spy down into a small clearing in the woods. A short red haired man stands, sword drawn, against several green cloaked adversaries. He is currently holding his own, however it is evident that 6 against 1 is against him.

To one side of the clearing are a group of men and women, many of whom also have red hair. They stand, as if in a daze, completely unmindful of the battle that is going on in front of them.
]

Eclair crests the hill and settles down to take account of what she see's on the other side. The sounds of sword on sword rings through the area.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 01:35, Wed 04 Feb 2015.

Eclair
 Player, 17 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Wed 4 Feb 2015
at 04:39
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Having quietly reacher her vantage and concealing herself by staying below the hill line, Eclair did two things: marveled at her puysical prowess and watch the scene below. She did not move back down the hill nor make any noise to give away her position. She neither owed anything to the cretons standing idly below nor did she feel a need to yet intervene in the altercation. If her confederates had moved on, she could understand or if they had followed her example that would make sense, but they milled like indecisive sheep. On the other hand, she meant to watch a bit longer. In the last hour she had seen magic practiced, mad imps right out of a Lewis Carroll nightmare, and demons alive and dead. She would assume nothing about this scene, thank you very much.

That said, she figured the folks down there had valuable local knowledge their group could benefit from and talking to one side or the other would be a good idea. Still, who was evil, good, neither, or both was up in the air currently. She was in favor of the red-haired group now but would make her decision shortly then do something about it.

[Private to GM: I poked em boss!]
Khazim
 player, 44 posts
Wed 4 Feb 2015
at 14:10
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Being a hunter by trade as well as having scouting experience Khazim takes a different path from Eclair to be able to observe what is over the hill from a different vantage point. He is confident his skills in stealthy movement from years of hunting will serve him well here in this strange place. He has his bow out and an arrow nocked on the bowstring as he makes his way along the path he determined. He is still trying to get used to the presence of the demon heart in his body, not liking it but knowing at this point there is nothing he can do about it.
Viktor
 player, 38 posts
Fri 6 Feb 2015
at 00:05
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Should we go check out the metal sounds of fighting or shall we keep on our way? says in a deep not too loud voice....
Khazim
 player, 46 posts
Fri 6 Feb 2015
at 14:14
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Seeing what he is seeing Khazim decides to intervene. No matter what the circumstances he cannot let one stand alone against six. Moving closer he lets fly an arrow from his bow at any of the six behind the lone swordsman. He quickly pulls out another arrow and readys it to fly at the next target.

OOC: Today: Khazim rolled 91 using 1d100. Bowshot on 1 of the 6 attackers.
Today: Khazim rolled 9,1 using 1d8+2,1d2. Arrow damage on 1 attacker. (that would be 10 damage)

The Grey Lords
 GM, 94 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 6 Feb 2015
at 15:25
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Ready or not, Khazim starts things into motion. Taking just a few scant seconds, he lines up a shot, lets fly and readies a second arrow. Flying swift and true the arrow catches one of the green cloaked attackers high in the chest. The attackers are stunned for a few seconds as they register the attack from an unexpected quarter. The target slowly sinks to the ground crumpling a few feet away from the lone swordsman. As the attackers spend the second dumbfounded the lone swordsman take the opportunity to slash at the one who attempted to blackjack him before.

In a dazzling display of skill, the lone swordsman quickly lunges forward and skewers a second attacker, cleanly inserting the blade deep into the chest of a green cloaked individual. This action brings the rest of the green cloaked attackers back to reality as they begin to rally. One of the attackers pulls a dagger from their belt and uses it to motion the three remaining to head towards Khazim. Turning back, the attacker faces off against the red haired swordsman with renewed vigor. It is obvious that the one left behind's intention is to kill the swordsman as quick as possible.

Time for combat rolls. As before either post here or PM me with your actions. Unless posted otherwise Rael is not participating in this combat as a combatant. As a recap: there are 2 green cloaks down, possibly dead. 3 green cloaks are heading towards Khazim cautiously as they know he has a bow. 1 green cloak is attacking the red haired swordsman in an all out offense.
Eclair
 Player, 19 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sat 7 Feb 2015
at 06:30
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
If it were up to Eclair, she would have watched a few more seconds, but one of her companions interrupted that plan with an arrow through a man's chest. She gritted her teeth and then lurched up from the ground and started a headlong charge down to the one on one match up. Trying to draw some of the other' three's attention, she let loose her best blood-curdling scream as she drew her sword and readied the boomstick in her offhand.

In her mind, she had it pictured as ducking and weaving and using the gun, but she instinctively raised her strange sword instead and swung skill she was a bit shocked at toward the man trying to attack the red-haired man. Ecalir cared nothing about odds being fair or not; fair was a construct idiots used to make themselves feel better about losing. But, if they were going to get involved in this fight, then she was going to try and rescue this man to find out who he was. IF it turned out he was the aggressor and at fauly, she would deal with that then.

[Private to GM: 14:27, Today: Eclair rolled 7 using 1d4+5. Damage.
14:26, Today: Eclair rolled 66 using 1d100. Blaze Fire.

Also, a couple dodge rolls if attacks come her way,
14:29, Today: Eclair rolled 35 using 1d100. Dodge 2.
14:29, Today: Eclair rolled 1 using 1d100. Dodge 1.
]
Rael Gol
 player, 24 posts
Sat 7 Feb 2015
at 13:17
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Never trained for stealth, Rael was waiting for the two that climb the hill to return with the tale of what they saw. Instead it seem whatever they saw incite them to action. Turning to Vikktor and the others left behind he motions to the hill "I think it would be best for you to help, we already lost two of our group and we will need ever able men and women to rescue that prisoner."

He offer a weak smile "I'll be behind you ready to give aid and first aid." he pat his herb pouch, I really need to get some weapon training, he thought as his fingers touched his only weapon, the sharp dagger at his side.
Viktor
 player, 39 posts
Sat 7 Feb 2015
at 23:48
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
In reply to Rael Gol (msg # 20):

decides why not..lifts up his mighty axe...lets out a loud demonic howl and runs toward the green cloaks and swings his axe to destroy..
Khazim
 player, 47 posts
Sun 8 Feb 2015
at 00:00
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Khazim sends an arrow at the single assailant attacking the swordsman. His hope is to take him out of the fight so the swordsman and he can sandwich the other three between them. Knowing he is sure to be attacked he dips and dodges after releasing his arrow.

OOC: Today: Khazim rolled 17 using 1d100. Bowshot at attacker on swordsman. (critical success!)
Today: Khazim rolled 4,2 using 1d8+2,1d2. Arrow damage. (x2 for critical is 12 damage)
Today: Khazim rolled 74 using 1d100. Dodge #1 (with right die). (failure)
Today: Khazim rolled 4 using 1d100. Dodge #2. (critical success)
Today: Khazim rolled 6 using 2d4. Armor roll. (armor absorbs 6 damage if 1st attack hits)

The Grey Lords
 GM, 96 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 8 Feb 2015
at 02:44
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
The three green cloaked individuals duck, dodge, and sweep up towards Khazim on the hilltop. Their confident strides all of a sudden checked as a second person appears atop the hill. With numbers still on the even side they resume their advance moving to intercept the individual who had appeared in an attempt to use them as a shield from Khazim.

Eclair moves faster then she realizes. Instincts, honed in the heat of battle, take over her befuddled mind. Using a quick feint and jab she is able to dart in and back before the assailant knows what is going on. However the unusually long looking sword wielding by the attacker is able to deflect the blow. It does accomplish the halting of this particular attacker. The green cloaked individual retaliates by sliding the long blade down Eclairs sword in an attempt to use the reach of their blade to get past her defenses. Ecalir notices what is about to happen and is able to hop quickly back, just out of reach of these longer blades.

Seeing the tide all of a sudden turn into his favor, the red haired swordsman presses his attack. However the skill of his opponent is such that no break in his defenses can be found. Little good it does to the green cloaked individual as a second arrow from Khazim finds it's mark. Khazim's arrow lodges itself deep into the calf of the green cloaked individual causing them for falter. They are able to recover a bit after a banshee like scream escapes their throat. Hobbling backward, it is evident that they are attempting to do the best they can to get out of the fight.

Two of the green cloaked attackers are able to make it to Khazim before the unstoppable force that is Viktor can make it up the hill. Emboldened by the 2 to 1 odds they both press an attack. The first one to make it to Khazim anticipates the dodge and is able to graze the nomad, as the armor absorbs most, as he attempts to tumble out of the way. The second attacker moves in to deliver a second blow only to find themselves face to face with  a  charging Viktor as Khazim tumbles out of the way.

Seeing Khazim make an opening, Viktor takes the opportunity to charge into the fray as elegant as an avalanche. Caught off guard by the replacement of targets, the green cloaked individual takes Viktors axe full into the shoulder. The momentum of Viktor's attack nearly bisects the green cloaked attacker from neck to waist.

Seeing Viktor take off like a bull in heat, Hraal hangs back to ensure that Rael is not left alone in case of a flanking manuver. Rael kneels and begins to pull out a few bandages and herbs in anticipation of his need after the fight.

[Private to Angrboda; Lar 'the Awesome': You two will begin to come out of the stupor this round. Basic actions can be accomplished, however at this point it is simply a matter of "Dazed and Confused". If the fight lasts 1 more round, then your mind is clear enough to register that there is a battle going on and your instincts will take over, though still a bit sluggish. (minus 10 to your DEX for purposes of Initiative)]

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:48, Sun 08 Feb 2015.

Eclair
 Player, 20 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Sun 8 Feb 2015
at 10:29
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Ecalir is momentarily befuddled by her own skill and fails to take advantage of an opening her mind registers. She sees the maneuver she should have used when the man hesitated to easily cut him badly but her own confusion at knowing prevents her. She recovers in time to not that her work is not done despite the archer's help and she presses her own attack deftly.

There is a notable difference this time as Eclair does not resist or register as much surprise at her own skill with the sword and it snakes deftly in her hands as she presses her attack against the man.

[Private to GM: 18:26, Today: Eclair rolled 3 using 1d6. Init.
18:26, Today: Eclair rolled 76 using 1d100. Dodge 2.
18:26, Today: Eclair rolled 40 using 1d100. Dodge 1.
18:25, Today: Eclair rolled 9 using 1d4+5.  18:24, Today:
Eclair rolled 5 using 1d100. Blaze Fire.

A few rolls for you to interpret, I even saw the initiative thing and rolled that for you this time. Is that a critical hit on the attack? Not sure what to roll additional or double or what.
]
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 10 posts
Sun 8 Feb 2015
at 21:26
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
"Gods! My head. Ooh, the light ... ooh the pain! I hurt, therefore I am!" a figure ... a man, begins to stir proving that he is alive and not just a piece of flotsam.
Angrboda
 player, 7 posts
Tue 10 Feb 2015
at 08:43
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Angrboda clutches at her clothing, attempting to pull it away from her body.  The sensation of coming back to reality clashes with the dreams of chaos that until recently traipsed through her mind.  She shudders as she shakes her head, wishing that the rainbow wings of gossamer that had held her in her dreams were real, taking away the torment of the last few weeks of captivity.  Her vision swims as she tries to focus on anything, anything that will allow her to fight back against her captor, for she knows he will be delivering another potent drug cocktail soon.
Viktor
 player, 40 posts
Tue 10 Feb 2015
at 22:38
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Lets out a loud deep yell...Is that all you Got!!!Hey you down there are you hurt?after seeing his prey nearly split in half...hopes a hundred men ambush us so I can kill them all...
Khazim
 player, 48 posts
Tue 10 Feb 2015
at 23:00
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Khazim backpedals while nocking another arrow to his bowstring. Keeping Viktor on his left he sends the arrow streaking at the remaining attacker. The arrow leaps from his bow to the target with great speed.

OOC: Today: Khazim rolled 13 using 1d100. Bowshot at other attacker, point-blank. (critical hit)
Today: Khazim rolled 6,1 using 1d8+2,1d2. Arrow damage. (x2 for critical is 14 damage)
Today: Khazim rolled 68 using 1d100. Dodge roll (if needed). (failure)
Today: Khazim rolled 7 using 2d4. Armor roll (if needed). (7 absorbed if hit)

The Grey Lords
 GM, 98 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 11 Feb 2015
at 00:59
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
The red haired swordsman see's that the wounded attacker is doing their best to get away. Darting forward he sweeps his foot and catches their good foot with a quick sweep knocking them to the ground. The swordsman's long blade darts out and rests just before the attackers chin. "Yield slaver dog!" you barely hear him proclaim in an unknown, but still understandable dialect, to the fallen adversary.

Seeing that their blade has a greater reach than the one wielded by Eclair; the green cloaked attacker presses their attack. After the first exchange Eclair is able to easily gauge the reach of the longsword and dances out side of it's striking range. Hoping to dart in on a surprise move, Eclair runs her blade down the length of the attackers sword as she moves in. She is able to get past the green cloaked individuals defenses, for the most part, and score a sold hit along side the targets face and neck in spite of the targets attempt to dislodge the attack.

No longer having the nomad in front of them, the attacker who was on Khazim, notices that Viktor has left his flank unattended in his bellowing victory dance. However the attempt to strike is foiled by two factors: First Viktor has luckily moved out of the way as he pulls two short swords out of his sheath and winds up for a throw. The second is the Arrow that is protruding from their side. With a wheeze the slump to the ground just a foot short of striking Viktor.

Winding up for a colossal effort, Viktor throws one of his short swords at the fleeing attacker. If fate were a bit more kind he may have been able to check his throw. Shortly after releasing the blade the red haired swordsman is able to disable the attacker. In epic slow motion, the sword tumbles end over end as it flies towards the now incapacitated attacker. Sadly his aim is true and the short sword impales the fallen attacker and pins them to the ground.

Recap: All but one of the "slavers" are either disabled to dead. Only 1 remains standing and is in terrible shape as blood streams down their face.

[Private to Angrboda; Lar 'the Awesome': As things begin to clear up, it is evident that you are in some sort of battle. People are hazy and features are not really distinguishable. There are several people huddled around you.]
[Private to Angrboda: Given that you are used to similar drugs you are able to make out two groups fighting. Group 1 is wearing familiar style gear and are near the hill. Group 2 consisting of a red haired swordsman and a green cloaked figure wear attire in an unfamiliar fashion]
[Private to Lar 'the Awesome': You hear very familiar dialects, someone bellowing has a Pan Tangian accent. Someone other than your attackers is striking back.]
Lar 'the Awesome'
 player, 11 posts
Wed 11 Feb 2015
at 01:41
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
As his senses begin to return and the mayhem around him subsides, Lars begins to distinguish voices, and recognize some of the dialects. This both gladdens him and makes nervious. After all, he knows where he came from, and Lars has a tough time trusting anyone who comes from that Hell Hole. "Could they have been sent by Mother? Would be just my luck."

He needed more information to make decisions, and for that he needed time. Therefore he continued to fake unconsciousness.
Viktor
 player, 41 posts
Wed 11 Feb 2015
at 06:35
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
walks over and pulls his short sword out of the dead body and chuckles a little as he does it because of the sword almost being stuck as in the sword and the stone story...damn it...now I gotta clean the blood off this sword too and for no good reason...is there anyone else to kill as long as it is dirty?mumbles loudly...
Eclair
 Player, 21 posts
 Blitzwald, Clarence
 Multiverse be like...
Wed 11 Feb 2015
at 15:07
Re: The Prisoner - The Arrival
Eclair took in the situation as it was quickly developing then moved one last time to strike with her weapons. She was beginning to see that its length was a problem even though her skill with it and its own potency seemed helpful. She readied her self once more and moved to the last standing opponent to make a quick thrust. It was best to relax after the work was done, or some such instinct told him.


23:02, Today: Eclair rolled 16 using 1d100. Dodge 1.
23:02, Today: Eclair rolled 8 using 1d4+5. Damage.
23:01, Today: Eclair rolled 12 using 1d100. Blaze Fire.