The Rogue Mistress.   Posted by The Grey Lords.Group: archive 1
The Grey Lords
 GM, 335 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 20:29
The Rogue Mistress
Tensions have died down with the revelation of Valmir at the helm. With everyone able to relax a bit the aches, cuts, and bruises all decide to make themselves known. Soon everyone is fighting off the urge to simply sleep after getting some "decent" food and drink in their bellies. The journey is much as the first time, you are well beyond any threat of capture by Media's forces. After several hours of rest you drag yourself to the top deck and look around. A sense of happiness crosses your mouths, You are almost done. Money, the likes of which makes the pocket full of gold tiny, is waiting for you as soon as you can deliver your package.

Speaking of the black skinned man you see him constantly poking and prodding around. Occasionally you see him tilt his head and look into the distance, as if he were looking for something. Seconds later, something shiny grabs is attention and whatever he was looking for is out of mind. It is obvious that the black skinned man has thoroughly annoyed Valmir. More than once when Valmir has set the lock rope on the wheel the black skinned man has moved over and begun to pilot the ship. The black skinned man is obviously familiar with the type of vessel and how to pilot it, he just often times chooses to go in the wrong direction. Once, when sailing by the floating lake, the Black skinned man attempted to divert the ship into the mass. Luckily Valmir was able to wrest controls away and put the ship back on course.

You see Valmir motion to one of the crewmen, then he makes a motion to the black skinned man. Ina flutter of motion he hand makes a sweeping jesture as if to indicate that poor soul is now in charge of keeping the questioning giant away from the controls. "We are almost home everyone, but a scant cycle till we can make port." Valmir calls to those who have assembled on deck. His mood seems lighter, though his body is obviously tired. Whatever energy he had is slowly sinking away as he begins to let his guard down.

[Private to Angrboda: When you get on deck, you swear you see a ship like object in the distance. It is far away yet, you have this feeling like it is in pursuit.]
[Private to Rael Gol: When you get on deck, you swear you see a ship like object in the distance. It is far away yet, you have this feeling like it is in pursuit.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:33, Fri 04 Sept 2015.

Viktor
 player, 313 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 16:32
The Rogue Mistress
Feels much better after resting and getting some food in him...laughs as he thinks about how they escaped and then does a small prayer to Donblas as he remembers all of the fallen warriors that died in this journey...gets all his armor back on and his weapons all ready along with some dried food and jerky and his winesack filled of course...walks up to the deck and sits on a bench to sharpen his mighty axe and wait for the others...
Rael Gol
 player, 184 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 17:01
The Rogue Mistress
Rael make his way to the deck, he had eaten, washed and managed to get some rest. It never occur to him how tedious it was taking care of Meepo and he was glade of Valmir aid no matter how reluctant it was given or rather taken.

Upon the deck he walks to the edge peering curiously at the endless sky and downward... the sight make him queasy. Walking away from the rail of the ship he glance backward calling at Vilmar "What is that over there another ship on pursue?, has Media mustered a pursue?" he asks calling to Viktor "Ready your weapon and armor my friend we may have a fight on our hand soon." perhaps he was just spreading panic but it was better safe than sorry with those matters.
Viktor
 player, 314 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 19:59
The Rogue Mistress
Hears Rael's warning and thinks not already...but it has been a while since his mighty axe ended another offering for Donblas...puts his sharpening stone away and grabs his mighty axe and goes and waits by Rael...his axe glistening as he stands there waiting.Should we get the others?  Thanks for the warning Rael.  spinning his axe around a few times to get limber and ready if he needs to be.  Also takes out his crossbow and gets a bolt ready in it and sets it down by his side ready to be grabbed if needed.
Angrboda
 player, 208 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 23:07
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda walks up to the deck and stretches lithe frame languidly, bending over and placing her hands on the ground she sighs contentedly, then wanders to the side of the ship, "What the hell is that ship in the distance?" she asks, shielding her eyes to get a better look at the ship.  "That twat couldn't possibly have mounted a search party this quickly." she grumbles to herself.  As the rest of the group hustles about getting ready she tries to figure out how long until the other ship reaches them.
Berta
 player, 102 posts
 from Ilmiora
Fri 4 Sep 2015
at 13:43
The Rogue Mistress
Below decks, Berta sleeps like one dead, only rousing when a member of the crew comes to summon her, passing on Valmir' message.  However once she's splashed sufficient cold water onto her face she rallies, and once she's struggled into her borrowed armour, heads back up on deck.

Finding interest on deck wavering between Meep and the closing ship to the aft, Berta decides to stick close to the black-skinned man ... he is her ticket out of here after all, and if she can prevent him from crashing the ship into the bargain, then that's all to the good.

"Could that be Astralgyx coming for us ?" she suggests with more hope than conviction.  "Or at least coming for the Tenatir."  Deftly steering him away from the wheel, she adds "And I wish Pollidemia the luck of him.  He'll have her Shattered Courtyard down to gravel within but a cycle or two !"
Viktor
 player, 316 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2015
at 21:24
The Rogue Mistress
Anyone have any idea who this ship is? Berta do you need my sharpening stone?Holsters his mighty axe and picks up his crossbow and takes aim towards the pursuing ship and holds his aim to see who is coming towards them and waits...

This message was last edited by the player at 02:59, Sat 05 Sept 2015.

The Grey Lords
 GM, 336 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 01:45
The Rogue Mistress
Valmir gets a look of disappointment on his face. "There is no way anything she had is catching up with us." He removes the rope holding the wheel in place and spins the wheel slightly. He grabs a lever to the side and thrusts it all the way forward. You perceptibly feel the ship increase in speed. "The ship cannot do this for long, but we are near enough to land to risk it." Even with the increased speed the dot on the horizon is quickly forming shape into another vessel.

Slightly different in design from the few you have seen this ship reminds you more of a water sailing vessel. Instead of the gas filled balloon that currently sits above you, the pursuing ship has 3 large masts adorned with multiple large square sails. The black skinned giant moves away from the aeronaut and approaches the railing, a small coo issues from his mouth. From this distance you can tell that the ship's hull has been painted all black, the sails shimmer in the light, and you swear you see a halo of blue around the keel as if it were carrying it's own personal ocean. From one of the aeronauts you hear a cry of "Captain, It's the Mistress!" with a hint of alarm.

"Damn!" Valmir curses loudly "Of all the halo forsaken times, why now." Seeing little recognition on your faces he takes a moment to explain. In the background you hear the black skinned man begin to meep excitedly. "The Rogue Mistress is one of the most notorious pirates in these parts. The Captain Maria has found some enchanted ship that is faster than anything in the skies. What the void does she want? we are not even a merchant vessel!" By now the ship is rapidly gaining definition. You can now tell that instead of paint, the hull is made of substance much like metal but with an onyx luster to it, The sails are made of a thin shimmery silver like cloth, and the blue halo about the keel is caused by four circular protrusions that are emitting a deep blue flame that would put the strongest fire elemental to shame.

"To the void and back with them, it looks like they mean to board us! Everyone prepare to defend yourselves!" Valmir cries out as it becomes apparent that the pirate vessel is easily a match for the speed of your ex-slavers vessel. The black skinned man has a huge grin on his face as he begins to clap his hands excitedly.
Berta
 player, 103 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 05:48
The Rogue Mistress
While the approach of the supernaturally swift pirate vessel stirs Berta to full alertness, the reaction of the black-skinned man puzzles her. "I think our Tenatir knows this ship or her captain," the warrior woman speculates as the Tenatir coos and claps.  "If there is naught else here that might garner their interest, then mayhap they come to steal our prize."

Berta shakes her head at Viktor's offer. "Too late now - besides, I fear that I'll only dull it again.  After ..." she grins with the confidence of one who assumes that there will always be an 'after'.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:13, Sat 05 Sept 2015.

Rael Gol
 player, 185 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 06:38
The Rogue Mistress
Rael close his eyes trembling ever slightly, would this nightmare never end they were suppose to be free about to dispose their prize and get back with their life.

He nods to Berta and Viktor standing between the warriors and drawing his blade "Perhaps they think us slavers and wish to steal our cargo? is there a way to let them know that we carry nothing?" he asks "In my lands sometime merchant ship toss their cargo to the sea so that pirates would see they would gain nothing from the battle."

An odd look cross his face "Valmir, how long are we to land? if we put the ship to the flame would it last long enough for us to reach safety?"
Viktor
 player, 317 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 13:53
The Rogue Mistress
Ok Berta you can use my stone later...you also owe me a few drinks later...Keeps his crossbow out for now but will grab his axe if they are to board the ship....stands waiting and briefly puts his hand on Raels shoulder...
Viktor
 player, 318 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 18:07
The Rogue Mistress
I wish I knew what they want...are they possible allies or enemies...Meep sure seems excited...Valmir if we battle it looks like you are getting a new ship. takes his hand off Rael and aims his crossbow to wait for what might happen
Angrboda
 player, 211 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 19:30
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda looks over at Rael, "You really are anxious to burn things aren't you?" she says laughing, "You sure you don't worship Kakatal?" she says, although she does find herself wishing they had not squandered their elemental help on Media now that they had another boat to contend with.  "What are the chances they want to be our friend." she asks Valmir.
Viktor
 player, 321 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 19:55
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda our little Rael is growing up...anything up your sleeve for this one? no more magic orbs.
Rael Gol
 player, 186 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 20:17
The Rogue Mistress
Rael chuckles nervously "anxious? more like desperate... its all about showing the other side how far you are willing to go." he was sweating again and his palm was sweaty he was sure he will drop the knife at any moment.

"I am not some great warrior or a sorcerer of great power... I am just a normal mortal man and I am in a very desperate situation..."

"This is a cruel harsh land... I doubt they would seek friendship, one does not gain a reputation as a fierce pirate just by stopping and saying hello to random ships."
Valmir
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 21:55
The Rogue Mistress
"Well we I can put it this way. If they want something we have, they will get it. I've yet heard of any attack that they were thwarted. Then again the only survivors tale was one of someone from a different ship." He shakes his head in an almost resigned loss. "The tales say that they have sorcerers so skillful that they often target the steerage of a ship, setting it adrift.  As I said earlier about the chains and things that fall overboard. Tis the same with any ship that goes inert, them chains tear it and it's crew apart. See, that way Maria has no blood on her hand."

A slight chuckle escapes his chest. "So close."

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:55, Sat 05 Sept 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 212 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 22:20
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda snorts, "If I had a silver dragon for every story I heard about powerful Sorcerers, I would have more money than the emperor himself." she says derisively.  "Well I guess we will just have to see what kind of magic these humans wield."  It is quite obvious from her demeanor that she has very little respect for "petty" sorcerers.
Berta
 player, 104 posts
 from Ilmiora
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 13:28
The Rogue Mistress
"So we can't run and they'll rip us to pieces if we heave too ..."

"Do the tales suggest anyone has tried to board them ?"  Berta's jaw has a grim set to it for all her lips curl back in a broad grin.  "I'm for turning about and trying our luck !"
Rael Gol
 player, 187 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 20:24
The Rogue Mistress
Great another battle... Rael could fill his bladder swelling up at the hint of battle and he just notice that itch at the left lower back, a place where the soft leather he wore chaffed against his flesh... soft leather my ass the thing was hard as an old sole.

"A novel idea Berta but for it to work we must not look like hunters waiting for our prey or else they would shoot us down from afar..." he shakes his head "No, we must hide weapons and look afraid and panicked..." for his own part Rael had little trouble acting the role.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 337 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 20:41
The Rogue Mistress
Valmir snorts at Berta's suggestion. "Didn't you hear me, they take out your ability to move. Some may have tried but an object at rest has a hard time catching anyone." As the discussion about what to do about the approaching pirate continues you are all plainly aware of one single fact, The pirate is moving considerably faster than you thought. In ship to ship battles it often takes a faster pursuing ship an hour or greater to catch up. This ship is taking that hour down to minuets. Only a span of about 10 minuets has passed since the first sighting and the pirate is rapidly gaining definition.

You are now able to clearly see figures about the deck of the other ship. Instead of a common figurehead you see a rather thin "ram" on top of the bow. Pirates in all sorts of garb are seen rushing about the deck readying for approach. At this point the are nearly a mile off and rapidly closing. One figure stands out among the rest. Instead of rushing about, this figure in red calmly walks the deck pointing out orders. Others around her jump to her motions.

Valmir pulls back on the large lever causing the ship to slow. "No use burning her out, we may need something later." he seems to say to no one in particular. "Besides your black skinned friend, did any of you take something from the castle? We are not a merchant she has to be after something else. Her actions make me think that she thinks he have it."
Viktor
 player, 322 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 21:47
The Rogue Mistress
Other then a little gold and a few of the books, I don't think anyone took anything else.  We used our orb already.  Angrboda did you take anything she might want? keeps holding his crossbow but is starting to think it won't do much good against this ship.
Angrboda
 player, 213 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 22:10
The Rogue Mistress
"Well, that depends.  If they really have a sorcerer on board they could want the books I took.  Although that guy," she says pointing to the meepman, "was of great interest to Media so it could very well be him that they are looking for." she shrugs, "Either way it doesn't really matter, we are heading for a fight." she finishes.  She then turns to watch the rapid approach of the other ship, lightly fingering the small silver orbs in her pocket.
Viktor
 player, 323 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 04:39
The Rogue Mistress
Nods at Angrboda...Then a fight we shall give them. Valmir slow down the ship, let the bitch catch up to us...Rael, Khazim and Berta are you ready for this?..puts his crossbow down on a bench so it is easy to grab if needed and pulls out his mighty axe once again...goes down on one knee and closes his eyes and says a few words to Donblas while waiting for the ship to get closer.
Rael Gol
 player, 188 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 04:57
The Rogue Mistress
No I am not ready... Rael wanted to scream instead he just nodded grimly tightening his hold on his knife "Try to take out the captain first..." he adds "It might cause them to lose moral and if she is a sorcerer as well it would mean less trouble for our side."

He glance at the hell maiden next to him "I don't suppose you have a demon or two for this occasion?"
Angrboda
 player, 214 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 05:18
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda smiles, "I see the usefulness of chaos is wearing off on you.  Good.  Unfortunately I have not had the time to do any summonings, although I do have a couple of surprises left from the tower." she replies.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 338 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 10:49
The Rogue Mistress
The ship pulls parallel to your own vessel roughly 500ft (152m) matching it for speed. The red clad figure, now identifiable as a raven haired woman, walks to the rail and puts a horn to her lips. Her voice echos across the gap "Ahoy! Heave to and prepare to be boarded!" The mass of pirates at her back seem to be frozen waiting for some key word or action before resuming their flurry of activity. The pirate crew seems to be made up of just about anything imaginable. Men standing well over 8' (2.4m), Man-beasts some of which have extra limbs, A green scaly man-thing, as well as humans in various skin tones (including red).
Viktor
 player, 324 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 14:35
The Rogue Mistress
I am Viktor of Pan Tang...you are welcome to board but we don't have much to offer your highness...says in his loudest voice possible and takes a knee and bow to the captain before getting up and swings his axe around once and stands by the edge in front of Rael.
Rael Gol
 player, 189 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 15:05
The Rogue Mistress
For one crazy second Rael had the notion to poison Meep, some slow poison that he had an antidote for. Use it as a leverage if indeed the black giant was what these people were after. Just for one second he harbored such unholy notion but he quickly shake it off disgusted with himself for ever thinking such a thing.

Instead he stood his ground, behind Viktor, trying to look fierce and not scared witless.
Angrboda
 player, 215 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 16:24
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda watches the ship as it approaches and sighs at Viktor's invite.  She moves to a place where she can see the boarding but will not be in the front ranks when it occurs.  She grasps the elemental ball in her pocket, ready to throw it if need be.
Viktor
 player, 328 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 03:53
The Rogue Mistress
Looks back at Rael and talks with a quiet voice...Tell me, my friend, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? and swings his axe around a few times while waiting for the response from the pirate captain.
Rael Gol
 player, 190 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 04:39
The Rogue Mistress
Rael is frightened, what sane would not be when faced with a crew three time the size and ten time more vicious but he has faced demons, sorcerers and mad gods no this crew will not break his spirit only his flesh.

He lift his knife in a salute to Viktor "I don't dance and most devils avoid me if they can..." he really wished his voice could sounds like Viktor, confident and strong and not a wavering squeak.
Berta
 player, 105 posts
 from Ilmiora
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 13:10
The Rogue Mistress
"Ram them ... and if they do stop us, then we shall see if they can avoid a collision, speed they're going," Berta clarifies.  But one look aft is sufficient to convince her that even where it viable, even desirable, the chance has long since passed.

"Mirath's Pale Hands !" she swears.  "That ship is fast.  The captain must have sold her soul and that of all her crew to Lassa to bargain for such favours !"

"If I'm to die, then I'll look my foe in the eye, not hide behind this mask ... or worse, be mistaken for one of Media's bitches," the warrior woman snarls, setting aside her heavy helm and shaking loose her red tresses as she fits her sword to her off-hand.

Seeing Angrboda seeking a position of tactical advantage, Berta nods to the pale skinned woman, moving to the fore of where battle may come, choosing her place that she might block the path of any that might threaten the Sorceress, knowing that it may only be her spells that will give this ship and its passengers any hope.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 340 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 14:25
The Rogue Mistress
Valmir looks to Viktor as he has taken it upon himself to address the pirate in the crews stead. "I hope you know what you are doing."

The raven haired pirate calls back after Viktors invite. "We have no issue except that we are returned what is ours!" She then motions to the poop deck. The ship then begins to slide sideways closing the gap between the two ships. The pirates on the Mistress remove a section of the guardrail and begin to prepare a gangplank. In the background of your own ship the black skinned man begins to clap excitedly and starts making loud meeping noises. Strange, for the amount of time you have spent with the odd man, you swear that you are beginning to hear minor inflections in his meeping, as if he were actually talking rather than making noise. What it is, you still have no idea.

The ships drift close enough and the gang slams down, hooks digging into your own deck. You see the green scaly-man thing motion to a handful of others and begin down the gang towards your own ship. Now that you are close enough you see this demonic individual in all it's glory. Standing roughly 7'(2.1m)tall this thing is covered in scaly green skin. It's head has two large red eyes that lack any pupils, a wide frog-like mouth filled with tiny needle like teeth, and short spikes where hair commonly would be found across the top and back of his head. He is wearing no armor, or clothes, except a belt that contains a long wicked looking knife and a sheath only a few inches long that houses a rather large bent sword hilt. Behind this frog-demon a band of 4 sailors gather and move across. Beyond a wide variety of weapons and no armor they look like any typical Young Kingdoms bunch.

The black skinned man rushed through the assembled heroes and embraces the frog demon. "Get off me you stunking thing." it croak's in a barely recognizable approximation of language. "Maria thanks you for finding her navigator and would like to offer a finders fee as a reward." You can see that Maria is on the other side of the deck motioning at a small silvery box that a small skinny man is holding. The small man motions to the small box and then toward your ship. The discussion between the two do not seem heated, more like the smaller man is telling Maria something very "matter of fact".
Rael Gol
 player, 191 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 17:56
The Rogue Mistress
Rael consider this turning of events "Hmm, this put us in an interesting dilemma." he speaks softly to his companion ears alone "On one hand this is the place Meepo wants to be... on the other, there is one crazy queen who has our heart in the palm of her hand? should we face certain death now or later?"

He glance at the ship captain and yells to her "Tell me captain have you ever heard of Queen Pollidemia?"
Angrboda
 player, 216 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 18:50
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda's ears perk up at the mention of a "finders fee", "How much of a finder's fee?" she asks.  "Of course I am not one of the people who has their heart ripped out." she thinks as she moves quietly forward to listen to the rapport between the interested parties.
Viktor
 player, 329 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 21:53
The Rogue Mistress
Captain Maria your beauty is almost as breathtaking as your legacy of you and your crew...May I board the ship and perhaps discuss a few things that might benefit us both?  Yes, Queen Pollidemia has us in a bit of an unpleasant situation...we humbly accept your gift.  nods at Rael and walks towards the plank after setting his axe down next to his crossbow...

This message was last edited by the player at 03:27, Thu 10 Sept 2015.

Khazim
 player, 96 posts
Thu 10 Sep 2015
at 15:50
The Rogue Mistress
You hear a snort from under his cowl "Viktor, my large friend, I have a feeling she could get any bull she wanted. I applaud your attempts at being friendly, but one does not enter the camp of another uninvited." He begins to unstring his bow in an attempt to acknowledge that the ship full of pirates is in charge. "It is clear that her voice is the frog man. It would be best if we follow her lead I think."
Viktor
 player, 330 posts
Thu 10 Sep 2015
at 20:06
The Rogue Mistress
Sir, our Meep friend seems happy to have found you...would you ask your lovely captain if she can remove the demon hearts Pollidemia put in us...she wanted us to return Meep to her...but I see he belongs with you...Looks at the green man....Takes off his 2 swords and throwing knife and sets those next to his crossbow and axe....
Rael Gol
 player, 192 posts
Thu 10 Sep 2015
at 20:12
The Rogue Mistress
Rael jab Viktor side "What are you doing..." he speak urgently and quietly to the large man "Stop revealing information and keep your arms or would you rather be a helpless captive..."
Viktor
 player, 331 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2015
at 03:50
The Rogue Mistress
In a quiet tone back to Rael...we are no match for her crew, it looks like Meep is going with them no matter what...either she helps us or we face Pollidemia empty handed
Rael Gol
 player, 193 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2015
at 05:10
The Rogue Mistress
"Of course..." Rael whisper back "... but that does not mean we need to empty our hand even further... they know we can't match them and we know it but it is a matter of cost, how much causalities they are willing to suffer, the easiest we make it to them the more likely they'd have no problem tossing us overboard."
Viktor
 player, 332 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2015
at 14:02
The Rogue Mistress
Yes you probably are right...you should have said that sooner...whispers back to Rael and then starts laughing...

This message was last edited by the player at 19:55, Fri 11 Sept 2015.

Rael Gol
 player, 194 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2015
at 21:25
The Rogue Mistress
Rael chuckles patting Viktor side "Your like a falling boulder when you speak, stopping you is very hard... no matter my friend, we will deal with this and make good of it even at the price of some cracked heads."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 03:28, Sat 12 Sept 2015.

Viktor
 player, 333 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 03:19
The Rogue Mistress
Damn Rael this journey has changed you and your
 balls tripled in size...if I motion you to throw me my axe...would you be able?.
smiles and pats Rael on the head....
Maria
 NPC, 7 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 03:52
The Rogue Mistress
Maria motions to the mousy man to follow as she boldly strides across the gangplank to the smaller airship. She walks up to Viktor, who easily dwarfs her 5'4" (1.6m) stature, and runs her finger along the center crest of his plate armor. "You like to wag your tongue. I like that in a man. Why not wag it a bit more for me, humm? You say that you are working for Pollidemia? Don't bother to deny it, I know her handywork anywhere." She swirls her index finger over Viktor's heart.

Sidestepping, she slides past Viktor, allowing her assets to slightly brush against the larger man as she moves near Rael Gol. "You are in luck, not only have I heard of her, I can help you. Those hearts you posses do not remove easily, and chances are she will not remove them anyway. You see she does not have to power to remove them, and keep you alive. Once the hearts have been called forth there is no way they can be destroyed except by the destruction of the Kynn K'tal themselves."

Moving on from Rael she slowly moves towards Khazim, turning her head as if to peer beneath his cowl. "In the meantime, those hearts will live an grow within you. When the proper words are spoken, the Kynn K'tal will awake and once they have devoured the hearts, they will resume feasting like they did in the days of old, stalking through the planes, bringing death, destruction, and terror to everything they touch." She turns towards Angrboda "But You already know this don't you, Fey."

She turns and moves to stand beside the frog-demon thing. "Lucky for you I came along. I know of a legendary knife that is said can cut the hearts from the host. Now comes to the finders fee. I can take you to the man who can start you on your way. You gave me back my man, I give you back your life."
Berta
 player, 106 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 05:33
The Rogue Mistress
The frog creature or demon or whatever it be ... Berta's hand tightens on her blade, ready to join the fray once Viktor weighs in with his axe, surely only a heartbeat away ...

And then the confirmation that the Tenatir is who they seek, and worse, Angrboda seems minded to hand him over matter not that those whose hearts were stolen will suffer (though quite how, she is not sure, save for Pollidemia's wrath).  But, surprisingly, the big man drops his weapons, engaging the pirates with his tongue, not his blade, for all Rael tries to curb his assault ... and her lips tighten as the captain comes aboard and sets out the truth of it (and she knows it's the truth, not only in that the pirates could take their prize and slay all those aboard the captured vessel should they be minded).

With a curse at her own helplessness and bitch-queens in general, the warrior woman, sheathes her blade with ill grace.

"I believe her," Berta avows, roughly, though she looks to Angrboda in some surprise at Maria's question.  She knew ?!!

"Pollidemia never did me, any of us, any favour when she gave us these," she raps her gauntleted hand against her stolen breastplate.  "Like as not even could the bitch remove them, she'd balk at the effort and kill us instead."

"I'd rather spit in her eye and take our chances ..."

Rael Gol
 player, 195 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 05:48
The Rogue Mistress
"I agree ..." Rael second, that the hell maiden knew and did not share this with them was not a surprise to him. No more than it would have surprise him that the sun rise and fall like sunrise betray and keeping secrets was in her very nature.

He tried to assess the pirate captain, was she telling the truth and why bother saving their lives when killing them would be just as much simpler and safer if what she said about the monstrosity in their chest was true.

"... Pollidemia tricked us, she violated the unspoken agreement between employer and employee thinking herself above such thing... let her burn. Captain, you have another grace with us, Berta and Viktor are the best warriors I saw, Angrboda the fey ..." oh how bitter that word tasted "... is an accomplished sorcerer. Khazim is an archer none can second and myself I am trained in the art of healing... take us and you'll earn our worth in a week of action."
[Private to GM:
OOC: Rael try to figure how much truth there is in Maria words
]
Angrboda
 player, 217 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 16:18
The Rogue Mistress
In reply to Maria (msg # 45):

"I was not there to see the ritual, thus I did not know what we were dealing with until the name was mentioned." Angrboda states, "I do not like being accused of duplicity towards those I have been traveling with, so you might want to curb your tongue a bit." she says as she turns to address the group and informs them of what she knows about the Kynn K'tal.

OOC: 09:13, Today: Angrboda rolled 10 using 1d100.  million spheres tn 20 Kynn K'tal.

Unfortunately I do not know anything about them but my roll indicates Angrboda should

This message was last edited by the player at 20:11, Sat 12 Sept 2015.

Viktor
 player, 334 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 19:09
The Rogue Mistress
We accept your humble offer...perhaps we could have a little alone time later my lady...he addresses to Maria as she brushes her lovely assets against him....
The Grey Lords
 GM, 341 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 23:16
The Rogue Mistress
During the conversation the smaller man deftly weaves his almost frail frame through the people on board Valmir's ship. The small silver box he carries makes odd wooshing or beeping noises, usually followed by the mousy man fiddling with something on the box. Completely out of place, he wears a one piece grey suit that rivals the most dreary garb of any Valmirian. Eventually he returns to Maria's side nodding and pointing. He points to 4 people specifically Rael Gol, Berta, Viktor, and Khazim. "Those four are all impregnated, not sure how long the infestation will last." He motions to Angrboda "Not human, Fey as you said, no heart, but she is corrupted. None of those are natives" He then turns to Valmir and the few remaining Aeronauts. "Clean, Native, no threat of contagion." Looking up from his box "They are from the, erm, land we visited recently. Their entropy aura is a near 99 percent match. They will be stable and usable."

The pirates aboard the Mistress seem to wind down slightly. A few with long metal tubes still seem to be wary as they are constantly scanning about and watching the exchange.
Angrboda
 player, 218 posts
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 01:40
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda gets a strange look on her face, "These are ancient demons. Barely more than a legend. They were the some of the most powerful demons under the Chaos Lord Gashoram. Gashoram itself is a Lord who draws its power from the night and darkness. They were long ago sent to slumber by a powerful servant of Law.

If these are true, then Pollidemia has found the resting place of the demons and has found a way to awaken them, through you four. If they were to awaken, Maria is right, Once darkness falls they would begin to devour everything. If they were to gain enough strength they would not even be banished by the sun. Their act of devouring feeds Gashorams power. It would become stronger and stronger, as the other lords weaken due to loss of followers.  We need to stop this from happening at all cost."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:48, Sun 13 Sept 2015.

Viktor
 player, 335 posts
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 02:25
The Rogue Mistress
smiles and then snaps back to reality that there is a demon heart that if someone says some words, starts eating him...Damn that really sucks, then Queen Maria take us and our crew or make our ship as fast as yours so we can find this knife...in return we will hunt down Pollidemia and Media making you the Queen of both lands...then you can make us 5 advisors of your realms..the Fey as you say has saved my life many times and is a valuable asset to this mission...she will be going with.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:26, Sun 13 Sept 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 219 posts
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 02:53
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda arches her eyebrow at Viktor's statement, "As if anyone tells me where I can or cannot go." she thinks and opens her mouth to let everyone know just that when a sudden realization crosses her mind, "Excuse me I need to retrieve something." she says hurriedly and she rushes back to the room she had been using.  Quickly glancing through the tomes she has "acquired" from Media and her sorceress she produces the one she is looking for, "Balo's balls, the jester certainly is looking after us." she says as she heads back to the deck, thumbing through the pages of the Tamerlane et Carmina"One of the books that caught my eye in the library, Balo certainly guided my eyes." she says excitedly, " It is a book of poems from an author who has "seen the other side". Most of these poems and stories center around an individual or small group that encounters various supernatural evils. These evils are all said to be servants of the Dark Lord Gashoram.  Perhaps we can find useful information in it."
Berta
 player, 107 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 05:57
The Rogue Mistress
Even Viktor's obvious (and seemingly reciprocated) intentions fail to bring a smile to Berta's face as she listens to the grey man's litany.

Impregnated.  Now that suffices to send a chill of fear through her, which is only worsened by Angrboda's explanation, though she finds some comfort in the protestations of the Sorceress, and is inclined to believe her.

"So.  These Kynn K'tal ... first they feed on us, then go on to eat the sun itself.  Something to be most strenuously avoided, I am sure."

This time Viktor's simple, nay, simplistic view as to how life will be does bring a smile, setting aside her fears, at least for the moment.

"You should travel to my homeland, Ilmoria," she tells the big Pan Tangian smile warming, "the Council would be astounded by your ability to see a clear path to a solution to any problem !"

But it is the Sorceress's discovery which perhaps turns fear into hope.  "Gashoram I know not, save perhaps he treads upon the domain of Arioch," she names the Duke of Hell who counts 'Lord of the Seven Darks' amongst his many titles.  "Yet if the Jester is watching over us, then he has my thanks indeed !"
Angrboda
 player, 220 posts
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 06:22
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda begin to laugh uncontrollably (perhaps a bit maniacally) then composes herself, "My dear Berta, if Lord Balo is paying attention to this it is entirely because he wants something out of it and my guess would be that he cares less about this Dark Lord Gashoram getting free than we do.  Even if he is my patron I would prefer he help us as little as possible.  The gifts of the Lords of Chaos always come with strings attached."
Rael Gol
 player, 196 posts
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 07:49
The Rogue Mistress
Rael glance between the group and sighed the more he learned about these demon heart the less he felt secure with their position. Why send them on a path that may save their lives if by killing them now the infestation would be over. That was the logical thing to do, what are the lives of five people compare to the multiverse.

"Captain..." he starts glancing nervously at Viktor "I know not if you wish to wear a crown or even if this is a world you care for at all but we have been at the domain of Pollidemia and as fortune has it we know where we can found one of her allies alone and away from here influence. If we act quickly boldly and cunningly we might capture him and gain much information about her and her plans."
Maria
 NPC, 8 posts
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 13:41
The Rogue Mistress
Nodding towards Berta. "As far as the legend goes you are correct. Gashoram is a lost god. When darkness held sway he was powerful. As man has pushed back the darkness, the hold the chaos lord had has fallen, allowing others to usurp his position. His fall coincided with the loss of his Kynn K'tal."

She nods to the man in the grey suit absorbing all he says. Looking at the small silver box she acknowledges Rael Gol's statement. "I do not wish to wear any crown. I merely wish to stop Pollidemia and her horrors, as and sane person would. For that, the few of you are currently my best source of information. As I said, I can help set you on the path to remove the hearts. After that, it seems in both our interests to stop that deceitful bitch."

Looking up from the instrument that the mousy man holds she motions back to her vessel. "If you are willing I will give you a berth on my vessel. This one does not suit our purposes for where we need to go. Though you will work for your passage. The means to your salvation is payment for the return of my man." she looks up and smiles at Viktor. "But it is always nice to have big, strong, reliable hands to help us make it there."
Viktor
 player, 336 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2015
at 05:18
The Rogue Mistress
Looks up at Maria and growls a little and starts laughing...grabs his crossbow and unloads it and straps it on his back, grabs his two swords and knife and puts them on and grabs his mighty axe and swings it around a little to show off his mad axe skills and laughs and puts his axe back on.  Pulls out his winesack and takes a drink and lets out a rude loud belch and laughs some more...let me grab another winesack and fill them up before we leave..oh I guess we could grab some other provisions...Valmir are you staying with this ship?...or perhaps you and your men are needed on Queen Maria's ship? pats Rael on the back and laughs a little more...

This message was last edited by the player at 19:41, Mon 14 Sept 2015.

Rael Gol
 player, 197 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2015
at 07:06
The Rogue Mistress
"Captian... I would ask another boon of thee, spare the life of Valmir and his crew. They are good man fighting the tyranny of a mad queen."

Rael motion to the man and ship "We have killed Yara and set fire on the keep, I am not sure if the sorceress and queen died in the fire but we have struck a blow."

He continues locking his gaze at Maria "as I mentioned one of Pollidemia agent, her imp jester, he is waiting for us. He is suppose to bring us back to her court once we are returned from our mission."

"I suggest we make use of this vessel some more, fly down and land, maybe have a dozen of your man as well. We will spring the trap and capture him, I think he has a boat similar to your Rouge Mistress if smaller, adding it would also strengthen your ship."
Berta
 player, 108 posts
 from Ilmiora
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 05:50
The Rogue Mistress
"Best steer clear of him and let him think you perished as did my companions," Berta suggest to Rael.  "That jester," and here she bows her head to acknowledge Angrboda's correction, "is possessed of unknown powers - certainly he may just transport us back to Pollidemia before we can take him."

"I'm for taking up the captain's kind offer and getting rid of these demons within us," she shudders.  "I've sailed before," she tells Maria, "though on ships that ply the waters, not the air.  Nevertheless, I think between us we can earn our passage," the warrior woman smiles at Viktor's eagerness, though keeps her sword sheathed and does not seek to emulate him, merely picking up her purloined helm and tucking it under her arm.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 342 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 12:28
The Rogue Mistress
A pirate shuffles his way through the crowded deck to stand near Rael Gol. He has on a rather ornate tricorn hat that seems a bit over sized for his head as he is constantly re-adjusting it. A dingy wrap is around his shoulders covering his mouth and lower face so that all you can see is a singular eye patch over his large hooked nose. He moves with great dexterity, given that you can hear his thumping shuffle of a peg leg. Each thump generates an odd jingling sound of coins being shook against each other. "Captain, we cannot be to soft. I say we needs ta kill them. Once word of a pirate has gone soft it is nothing but Work, Work, Work all the time!" [Private to Rael Gol: An odd smell of turpentine and sulfur drift from this pirate. That and you swear this pirate did not come over with the boarding party.]

You hear murmurs of approval from the rest of the pirate crew. The odd looking pirate shuffles a bit more and nears Angrboda. "And as for Pollidemia and her jester Astralgyx, we have plans for them both. No need to involve these few, Lets just kills them now and get those demon hearts over with?" [Private to Angrboda: An odd smell of turpentine and sulfur drift from this pirate. That and you swear this pirate did not come over with the boarding party.]

The green frog demon takes a step forward and croaks "Your out of line, get back to the mistress." He places his clawed hand on the pirate shoulder to push him. Instead the action causes the scarf around the pirate head to shift and fall off. "Curses!" In a flurry of bells and clothes the pirate tumbles out of the way. "Foiled again, I'll get you meddling kids." Now standing before you, in a garish jesters outfit, is Astralgyx. "I knew you were all bad news. You just wait till Pollidemia hears about this." He points to Maria "She's a Pirate! You think you can take her word? We had a deal!" The frog-demon grabs the bent handle and pulls out a small boxy looking tapered object. Pointing the smaller end at the jester he lets forth a croaking snarl. A thin, blue, beam leaps from his item and pierces the puff of smoke that was Astralgyx and continues into (and through) the deck of the slavers ship leaving a pinky sized burned hole. The cloud of vapors that was Astralgyx begins to overwhelm those present with the rancid smell of rotten eggs and turpentine. The Pirates begin to shuffle across the gangplank back towards the mistress.
Rael Gol
 player, 198 posts
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 20:40
The Rogue Mistress
Rael had was beginning to think about who the odd pirate reminded him off when all hell broke lose. He glance at the pirate with the magical weapon "Did you get him or did he get away?" he asks in a shaken voice.
Viktor
 player, 338 posts
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 20:48
The Rogue Mistress
Ok what just happened?  Did you just blow up the Jester?....starts laughing and offers his winesack to the green skin demon....
Angrboda
 player, 221 posts
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 21:46
The Rogue Mistress
"Well, that's just great. Angrboda says, frustrated, "Hopefully those hearts are not activated remotely.  It is pretty certain that your sorceress friend is mad at you now."  She turns to the captain of the ship, "As for working for our passage I am not versed in the skills of a sailor nor am I inclined to learn how.  If you have need of the sorcerous arts I would be most happy to oblige however.  Also apparently my salvation is not in question here.  Not that I require any more payment for my help in freeing your man, I just wanted to point out the facts.  Now if you will excuse me I need to go gather my things." she says politely and turns to go.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 343 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 03:30
The Rogue Mistress
[Private to Cirok: You happened to be below decks on the Mistress when an overwhelming smell of Sulfur and turpentine fill the decks. A great cloud of foul smelling smoke billow out from below decks. You quickly head down to see if any of the stores had caught on fire. Instead you come across a smallish man dressed in the most outlandish pirate outfit you can imagine. He single handed moves one of the "canons" and points the end of it out a tiny door in the side of the ship. He then yells out to the ship that the captain had intercepted.
]
A hatch in the side of the Mistress opens revealing the gaping end of a large, black metal cylinder. From inside the Rogue Mistress you hear a shout. "Bah You missed, Not even a Scratch. Don't worry I'll send your regards to my queen!" Curses and shouts from the pirates fill the deck as you see the Mistress crew scrambling to get across the gangplank. A tremendous thunderclap and a billowing white cloud issue from the black cylinder. From the lower decks a wrenching, tearing noise indicates that something just happened to your ship. It felt similar to your ship hitting a rock or reef.

A second hatch in the side of the mistress opens a short distance from the first. You can see crewmen from the Mistress scrambling to get below decks. A second tube comes into view pointing towards your steerage. "I have to keep up the reputation, do I not?" As a second loud thunderclap, smoke, and wrenching of your own ship.

By now most of the mistress crew has made it back aboard their own ship. Valmir and his crew begin to make their way towards the Mistress as your ship begins to rise in the air tearing away at the gangplank. Out of the corner of your eye you can see two great chains snaking towards your vessel, A golden one from above you, and and inky black one from below you.
Angrboda
 player, 222 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 07:15
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda scowls at the boat and the chains, "Why does everything have to be so impatient to kill me?" she asks the air as she hurries and gather's her things hustling back to the Mistress she moves deftly across the gangplank and steps aboard the strange ship.
Rael Gol
 player, 199 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 20:56
The Rogue Mistress
Rael got mad, it was not every day he get mad usually he was not the kind to dwell on violence but when he got mad dukes of hell be warned...

Flashing his knife he darts into the Rogue Mistress, he was going to find that imp and gut him, meanwhile his other hand was fishing for his potions, he was not going play this fair the imp has lost this chance.
Viktor
 player, 339 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 22:51
The Rogue Mistress
Sighs as he sees what is going on...grabs his belongings and runs to the Mistress following Rael to see what he has planned.
Berta
 player, 109 posts
 from Ilmiora
Thu 17 Sep 2015
at 05:48
The Rogue Mistress
The appearance of the Astralgyx comes as a complete surprise to the warrior woman ... as does his seeming disintegration at the hands of the frog-demon's device.

But before the warrior woman can give voice to her disbelief, danger is upon them once more as Valmir's ship is rocked by canon fire.

While the others chase after the jester, Berta remains with Angrboda, ready to assist and safeguard the woman as she allows, but won't abandon ship until the Sorceress does so.

"I think the Captain of the Rogue Mistress was correct - Pollidemia would have betrayed us ... and undoubtedly will waken these cursed hearts - if she can.  Perhaps distance will save us, or perhaps she needs something else to accomplish that, else she'd as like have done it already.  Or else she needs the Tenatir for her plans and so held back."

"Whatever the reason - until I am dead, I will do my best to keep living !"

The Grey Lords
 GM, 344 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 18 Sep 2015
at 13:00
The Rogue Mistress
Closer to the gangplank, Rael and Viktor take off after the demon jester. Just as Rael makes it to the Rogue Mistress the gangplank partially tears free dumping one of Valmir's crewmen overboard. Either by fate, or by pure instinct, Khazim is able to leap the short distance remaining onto the other deck. Now however the Gang is hardly holding on. Angrboda and Berta take their chances as they slide across the periless gangplank. Having to mimic Khazim's own actions, they leap the last few feet onto the deck of the Mistress as the gangplank tears completely away. Valmir takes a running leap in an attempt to make it aboard the Mistress. However, an updraft shifts the vessel just as he leaps, making his aim off. Missing his intended mark by a few feet, he plunges from view.

Rael Gol, in his pursuit of vengeance, breezes by the other pirates plunging into the hold. Rael Gol and Viktor make it to where the two large black cylinders were, only to find a throng of pirates angrily voicing their opinion about this incident. Astralgyx is no where to be seen. His only lingering presence is the ever present smell of rotten eggs. From above deck you hear Maria call for vigilance and a ship wide search for the intruder. As you move about the ship you eventually notice that the ship is moving away from the wreck of Valmir's airship. You can see the great black and gold chains tearing the wreckage apart. The wind whips lazily through your hair, though you realize you are going much faster you can hardly feel the movement.

As things begin to calm down Maria sends word for each of you to meet her in the rear cabin. Her cabin is in the aft portion of the ship, a spacious area with a large row of stained glass casement windows looking off the stern. The cabin is sumptuously decorated with hangings of velvet and samite with the hint of exotic oils in the air. About the room you can see a few chests of various sizes and two tall wooden latched cabinets. One has the sigil of Chaos on it's door, while the other the triangle of Law. Hanging on the wall are dozens of metal tubes on curved handles similar to the ones on Maria's belt. A small cabin boy, a hideously ugly demon, bows to Maria and the group as they enter.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:09, Fri 18 Sept 2015.

Maria
 NPC, 9 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2015
at 13:25
The Rogue Mistress
Maria moves about the cabin after nodding to the cabin boy. "I told each of you that you would be given some sort of compensation. I will still help you get rid of those infernal hearts. It is customary for those who aids the Mistress to be given a gift. I'm allowed to give two such gifts from these cabinets." She indicates the tall cabinets emblazoned with the symbols of the higher lords. She moves over and unlatches both doors so that you can peer inside.

Inside the cabinet with the eight pointed star you can see the following items: A scimitar in scabbard, A metal shod Quarterstaff, A suit of Plate Armor, and a Suit of soft leather armor.

In the cabinet of Law you see: A small steel device shaped like a Cobra's head, A miniature backpack with six straps, A small matte-black glass pear, a small matte-black glass apple, a metal tube similar to what both the demon-frog and Maria carry, a small silvery disk about 6" (15cm) diameter.

"I have one of my crew currently setting up a place for you to store your gear. He is a native of your own land. Cirok is his name, You want something, talk to him. In addition he is going to go with you on the next stop. He will have the description and basic instruction on retrieving what we need. On that note. I did say that I can get you to where you are going, and that you will be working as part of the crew. That being said, when the Tenatir was kidnapped from us, our navigational equipment was damaged. We have the ability to make one more jump, and it will not be far enough to get to where we are going. Mikkl say's he has found something that will help us repair our own device, we are on our way now. Your job is to get the parts we need and bring it back to the ship."
Rael Gol
 player, 200 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2015
at 13:46
The Rogue Mistress
Rael was still breathing hard more from frustration than the physical running, he really wanted to get his hand on the imp but by now it had dawned on him that this would not be the case, not now at least.

He glanced at the cabinets and shook his head "I want nothing from the high lords be they chaos or law both can go and burn themselves for all I care and I shan't take anything with their marking." he spits with disgust. He had enough higher powers meddling in his life and experience thought him no gift come free from those entities.
Angrboda
 player, 223 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2015
at 15:43
The Rogue Mistress
"Rael, you have an innate distrust for all things magical.  That's all well and good when it is only your life at stake." Angrboda says as she moves to take the leather armor, "How are you going to feel however when one of them," she indicates the rest of the party, "Dies, or explodes because you just couldn't be bothered to take the one item that might have been able to help them?  Never overlook a tool, no matter how distasteful you may find it to be." with that she takes the armor and looks it over, admiring the craftsmanship.  "Besides, you are a healer, I am sure there is something lawy that does healing of some sort." she finishes offhandedly before turning to Maria, "I assume we are to only take one, or are all of these items available for our use?" she asks, eying the law cabinet with some interest, "If he decides not to take his, can I have it?" she says indicating Rael.
Maria
 NPC, 9 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2015
at 17:00
The Rogue Mistress
"Only two items in total can be gifted. It has been tradition since the first captain. I have never tested beyond the two. I do know that you can take the two from the same cabinet, it does not have to be one from each." She pulls out a small three legged stool and sits down. Pouring herself a drink from a nearby pitcher she takes a short drink and continues. "From what has been passed to me these can only be offered to one who has helped the Mistress, who is also not of their crew. I am able to offer your two items because you helped her without knowing so. I could not take something from this cabinet without a consequence. At least that is what has been told to be by the former captain."

She takes another drink. "You mentioned healing. I have seen both the apple and the Pear placed over wounds and help heal. Those two items have been able to suture even the deepest gash."

This message was last updated by the player at 17:00, Fri 18 Sept 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 224 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2015
at 18:46
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda bites her lip in frustration, "Well knowing the rules would have been nice before I selected the piece I wanted, a;though it does make it convenient that Rael doesn't want one now."  She says looking to the others, "so does anyone care that I take the armor?"
Rael Gol
 player, 201 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2015
at 20:24
The Rogue Mistress
Rael shakes his head smiling a small bitter smile as Angrboda called him a healer. Closing his eyes he saw the lush room with pile of bodies, arcane symbols drawn in blood on the walls... "I am as much a healer as you are fey..." he speak softly than he speaks up.

"The reason I dislike magic are numerous and long, I would not bore you all and if you care I'll share a glass of wine and we could discuss this further, suffice to say I have learned that no gift come without a price and every choice we make matters... but if I may suggest, you are asking the wrong questions."

He grins and bows to Maria "What you should be asking, is Maria can you please tell us what you know about the items in these two cabinets?"
Maria
 NPC, 10 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2015
at 22:42
The Rogue Mistress
"I have only seen the fruit used before. I have only seen these cabinets opened a few times. Each time the contents shift, it just happens that I have seen the fruit before. Next time it is opened there will be different offerings. This is what the ship is offering you." she makes a motion to the Chaos cabinet. "I know that most of those items are demon bound, though I have yet see anyone fail to bind a demon gifted from the cabinet." She then flicks a finger to the cabinet of Law. "That one is full of similar enchanted or technological items. Again I've seen no gift ever reject the recipient. I can see that it is offering you a pistol. I do not see any charges. I would not be able to tell you what kind it is."

She points her index finger out from the hand holding the goblet and motions it towards the suit of armor Angrboda is inspecting. "If you have not claimed it, it has not been gifted. Similarly, you do not have to take anything, it is merely being offered."
Angrboda
 player, 225 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2015
at 22:46
The Rogue Mistress
"Oh we are definitely taking the items, even if I have to pick them both.  Never turn down a gift or a useful tool." Angrboda says, waiting for the rest of the group to answer her question about the armor.
Viktor
 player, 340 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2015
at 23:59
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda take the armor...perhaps take a fruit in case we need our chests healed from the demon removal...or would something to destroy the imp or Polledemia be more helpful?...offers his winesack to Maria after taking a drink..
Berta
 player, 110 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sat 19 Sep 2015
at 05:31
The Rogue Mistress
The perilous leap from the failing ship to the deck of the Rogue Mistress discomfits Berta less than the news that the Jester cannot be found, be he fled or merely hiding ...

The warrior woman leans over the side of the ship, the winds whipping her long red tresses as she watches Valmir's airship being torn apart, turning away thankfully as it begins its final plummet to answer the call from their new Captain.

Like Rael, Berta is wary of what is offered and the price attached, though admits the merit in Angrboda's assertion that such things are but tools to be used.  Even so, she makes no claim herself, indeed ...

"You are welcome to Yara's armour," she tells Viktor.  "It is heavier than I am comfortable with and, I think, more your size than mine.  I will be happier to wear my old guard's mail."
Angrboda
 player, 226 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2015
at 05:49
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda takes Rael's not wanting to take anything as concession that she may indeed claim the armor, she nods and turns to Maria, "Very well, I claim this leather armor." she says happily and then turns to the group, "Should we take the healing fruit as the other item?  I suggest the pear, because I like pears but whichever you wish is fine."
Viktor
 player, 341 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2015
at 18:34
The Rogue Mistress
If everyone else agrees...then the pear it is...Berta I will use my armor for now but we can put it with our things for now...did you need help with your armor? smiles and looks Berta up and down and chuckles...
Cirok
 player, 1 post
 The Younger
Sat 19 Sep 2015
at 19:14
The Rogue Mistress
A knock came at the cabin door, two sharp raps upon the dark wood before it opened at the hand of the demonic cabin boy.  In stepped a shorter, somewhat stocky man with dark brown hair gathered in a braid down his back and dressed in a loose shirt, baggy trousers and dark leather boots.  A purple sash circled his waist, from which hung a cutlass typical to those worn by many of the crew.  His brown eyes started on the captain but then darted about the room, while his expression moved from slight surprise to pleased convenience.

"My apologies, Captain," he said touching his forelock in deference, "but the lockers are prepared for the new arrivals, by your command." He looked about again at the newcomers to the 'Mistress, lingering a touch on each in quick appraisal.  "These are them, I gather.  If you're done I can take them away, or I can wait outside if you don't need me yet." His accent was recognizable to those in the room as Young Kingdoms.  Without a doubt this man was from their world, though now he was as far from home as they.

He hovered just inside the door, waiting for Maria's direction one way or the other.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:17, Sat 19 Sept 2015.

Rael Gol
 player, 202 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2015
at 20:12
The Rogue Mistress
Rael shrugs "The healing fruits are nice but I would consider something else if I were you."

He than smiles at the new comer, it was nice to hear a Young Kingdom accent once more, it almost felt like home.
Maria
 NPC, 11 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 02:05
The Rogue Mistress
"Welcome in Cirok." Maria uses the hand with the goblet to wave the newcomer in. "You might as well stay and get used to your new charges. They are still deciding on what gifts to accept from the ship." She takes another sip of her drink. "You should all have time to get settled in. It will take several hours to get to the derelict."
Khazim
 player, 97 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 02:40
The Rogue Mistress
Having silently followed for so long. Words of he considers wisdom is once again offered. "I myself have had enough of demons. While I hold to love for Law I would sooner trust their gifts at this point." he motions towards the cabinet of law.
Angrboda
 player, 228 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 03:11
The Rogue Mistress
"Oh for the love of the balance." Angrboda says in exasperation, "Can none of you understand that both law and chaos are merely tools we can use to help us in our endeavors?  Technically it is best to maintain a balance in life, otherwise you end up serving one of those fucks for eternity." she explains as she moves over to the law cabinet, "Balance, right?" she looks at the strange artifacts of Law before her, curious about what they do, she then grabs the silver disk, "This is our choice then." she exclaims.
Rael Gol
 player, 204 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 04:10
The Rogue Mistress
Rael shakes his head at the arrogance of the Melnibonian "I think some us would rather not take a gift without knowing its price but as for choosing a second gift, how about letting Viktor or Khazim choose since you already chosen one artifact for your own benefit."
Viktor
 player, 343 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 04:41
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda I will take the silver disk, since I seem to maintain high body counts for Donblas...what does the disk do? reaches his hand out to Angrboda...
Berta
 player, 111 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 05:32
The Rogue Mistress
"I'll manage," Berta advises Viktor curtly.  Bad enough that the Pan Tangian will flirt with any woman (save for the Melnibonean, she notes), but to do so with both but a few breaths apart - she hopes the Captain knows what she's doing ... and suspects very much that she does.  Perhaps Viktor may rue that dalliance if it comes about.

"Greetings Cirok," the warrior woman extends a welcome to the newcomer with a glad smile.  "We are both a long way from our homes."

Berta watches the frank discussion between Rael and Angrboda with mixed feelings seeing merit in the arguments of both, but forebears from choosing sides or indeed offering her own opinion as to which of the gifts should be taken, if any ... though Viktor's blind willingness to accept the silver disk does bring a smile to her face and soften her attitude to the big man once more.  A slayer and a philanderer he might be, but his enthusiastic acceptance of those roles is almost infectious and most certainly entertaining.

"So ... that seems settled then," she remarks quickly. "Our thanks to the 'Mistress for her gifts," she smiles and dips her head in gratitude to the Captain.  "If we are done, then I for one would be glad of the chance to rest before we needs bear arms once more."
Khazim
 player, 98 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 12:07
The Rogue Mistress
"Viktor, the point of the argument is that we do not know what they do. I do envy your courage in these situations though." He finally acknowledges the new arrival. "Greetings sir, I humbly thank you for your time when helping us deal with these unusal circumstances. It seems our experts have chosen and I'm ready so see our lodgings."
Viktor
 player, 346 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 17:49
The Rogue Mistress
starts laughing as he waits for Angrboda to hand over the disk...or if she is...takes another drink of his wine and belches crudely and laughs again...
Rael Gol
 player, 206 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 19:36
The Rogue Mistress
Rael give a court bow to Corok "I am Rael Gol... I am an apothecary with some modest knowledge of healing."
Cirok
 player, 3 posts
 The Younger
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 20:48
The Rogue Mistress
The sailor identified by Maria as Cirok nodded when asked to stay by the captain and stood at ease near the door.  He watched as the new crew members chose their items from the two lockers, one of Chaos and the other Law, but offered no advice nor other commentary.  As the group seemed settled and began to turn his way he sprung into motion.

"Thank you and a pleasure to have you aboard the 'Mistress," he said to all using the tongue of the Young Kingdoms, acknowledging in particular Berta and Rael's greetings.  His smile was broad and genuine.  "I am Cirok, also known as Cirok the Younger in some circles.  If you are ready I will take you to your bunks and show you about the ship."

"If you will all follow me?"
he prompted before motioning to the cabin imp to open the door and then moving out into the passageway beyond. He led them back to the main deck, looking back over his shoulder frequently to make sure they were all keeping up and to point out various points of interest as they went.  The open decks were busy with crew members still cleaning up from the recent boarding and others making the vessel secure for an extended sailing.  The breeze was fresh and rippled the sleeves of Cirok's shirt as he ambled across decks.  He paused by a hatchway near the prow, letting the group gather round, and then continued belowdecks.

They continued down past the gun deck where the forward cannons stood ready, no trace of the jester's rotten eggs smell that had lingered earlier.  Further down they came to an open hold lined with bunks, littered with hammocks and decorated with small articles of clothing and miscellaneous keepsakes of the 'Mistress' crew.  Cirok pointed ahead to where a tarp had been strung up across the forward section of room to indicate their destination and then held the tarp aside for the group to enter.

On the far side were a small collection of bunks and hammocks, along with a few sizeable foot lockers to hold the group's possessions.  "These will be your quarters for now, as members of the crew.  I had the tarp hung in deference to the ladies," he explained.  "especially with you being new to the ship.  I should warn you, there will be, ah, interest in your presence.  We have precious few women aboard.  I say this only so you can be prepared for the attention.  Do not worry overmuch, the captain runs a tight, disciplined ship.  And once you've been aboard a while, things will settle out." He glanced at Berta and Angrboda with a serious expression.  "If there are any problems, come see me or the bosun immediately."

"Speaking of the bosun, he will have duties to assign each of you as part of the crew.  Those of you with sailing experience will be incorporated into the regular watches.  Those with none will be used according to what skills you do have."  A humorous grin spread across Cirok's face.  "I have yet to find a body who couldn't wield a mop!"

"But that's enough from me for now.  Do you have any questions?  If not I will leave you to settle in a bit, and then see you up on deck later on."

Rael Gol
 player, 207 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 22:01
The Rogue Mistress
Rael walks the tour with interest, he was never a sailor and this ship that fly on air and between spheres intrigue him. With a pang of remorse he recall Lars, the sailor that died on their escape, he would have loved the Mistress.

At their bunks? he looks to find a nice cot to sleep over, luckily he has a small light frame and would fit easily, when Cirok mention interest from the men on board he can't be snigger's "Cirok, considering that Angrboda is a demon summoning Melnibonian and I've seen Berta break a man in half with her bare hands I'd advise the crew to stay away for their own safety..." he chuckle thinking on the poor soul that would try to harass either of his two companions.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 349 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 23:58
The Rogue Mistress
With the Gifts chosen you all take your leave of Maria who seems to be all to happy to be rid of you as she visibly begins to relax. A short trek through the Rogue Mistress shows you the kind of ship you signed on for. The crew is a mix of everything. Tall hairy humans, Red skinned humans, A "Human" with pieces of bony shells covering his body and four arms, yes a little of everything. You are given time to put your items away before a sailor comes down from above.

"We are coming about to get into alignment. Those of you who want ta see jump come up ta the deck. Otherwise we'll be moving spheres shortly, no worries unless you ate recently, them shifts sometimes cause the innards to exit." He is not horrible to understand, but his accent is different than any you have heard before. Nodding to those assembled he turns and leaves.
Berta
 player, 113 posts
 from Ilmiora
Mon 21 Sep 2015
at 06:16
The Rogue Mistress
Berta grins broadly at Cirok's warning, and moreso at Rael's rejoinder.

"I do thank you for your concern, kind sir," she dips her head in a semblance of manners, shaking her red tresses. "But any man who forces his attention upon me uninvited will never do so again to any woman.  And should they be so foolish and reckless as to accost Angrboda ... why then they will pray to all the Lords of Chaos and Law that they had tried me instead !"

"Unlike my pale friend, I have worked upon a ship though one that sailed the waters, not the air - still I know the routine."

The prospect of the shift between spheres is too enticing to resist, and once she has rid herself of Yara's armour (batting aside Viktor's hands should he attempt to help despite her refusals), and shrugged on the more comfortable leather and ringmail, Berta stows her gear in a locker and makes for the deck.
Angrboda
 player, 231 posts
Mon 21 Sep 2015
at 06:40
The Rogue Mistress
As Angrboda arrives at the groups "quarters" she looks around in irritation, "Fine, this will do, but I need some privacy for a moment." Then, regardless of the reaction she gets she begins pushing on people to get them out of the way and pulls the curtain closed for the "women's" half.

OOC:  Anyone who peeks....

Angrboda begins marking the area with arcane marks and intricate symbols then takes off her clothing and sits down in the middle of the area, her skin is marked with many different tattoos that seem to waver as she begins casting, and begins speaking in a language only those versed in sorcery understand.  [Language unknown:  "Latoerenceve, hata na ac.  Enpl na a, re thuartpro k unse.  Le artectbut resou noarma k ulchpo m ionnceble."] she weaves intricate symbols in the air with her nimble fingers and traces some of the tattoo symbols in the air around her.  Eventually a small insect like demon appears and she stares intently at it.

[Private to GM: I don't know exactly what I am supposed to roll for this.]
Rael Gol
 player, 208 posts
Mon 21 Sep 2015
at 15:13
The Rogue Mistress
Rael grins as the sorceress charge into her "private" section and by the smell and sounds began to summon demons "Guess you'll be bunking with us?" he ask Berta and was not sure how much of a joke it was, in her shoes he'd rather sleep in Viktor lap than with a demon summoning circle and whatever other unholy rites Angrboda did.

His eyes light up when the invitation to see how the Mistress cut across dimensions, with the glee of a child he walk to the deck with a spring in his step and a wide smile on his face.
Viktor
 player, 348 posts
Mon 21 Sep 2015
at 17:51
The Rogue Mistress
it is nice to meet you Cirok and thanks for the welcome...ah yes if someone messes with one of Viktor's girls many bad things would happen to them..my axe sometimes accidentally chops off body parts....holds his hand out to Cirok as he laughs hysterically and starts to peek at Angrboda but realizes she would probably use his axe on a certain part of his male anatomy....he does make sure Berta gets help changing back into her armor....takes off his crossbow and axe and sets them next to a cot for now...
Berta
 player, 114 posts
 from Ilmiora
Tue 22 Sep 2015
at 13:32
The Rogue Mistress
Berta briefly considers suggesting to Angrboda that the bunks and hammocks were meant for all of them, not just the women ... but then sanity prevails and she holds her tongue, figuring a temporary banishment while the Melnibonean performs her rituals is not only a small price to pay, but far better than staying to watch.

"To hear him tell it," she smiles at Cirok as she replies to Rael, "I'll be safer taking my chances with the demons !"  The smile is at best half-hearted, though, in the face of the Sorceress's arcane utterances and the warrior woman keeps glancing back at the curtain as if expecting something terrible to burst through it.  Something terrible other than Angrboda.

Viktor's threats are not unwelcome and at least cause Berta to refrain from slapping him for his help as she shrugs her lighter armour back on and follows Rael up on deck.
Viktor
 player, 350 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2015
at 23:41
The Rogue Mistress
Laughs and follows Berta up to watch the show and see what help is needed on the ship...leaves his axe and crossbow by his cot for now...
Cirok
 player, 4 posts
 The Younger
Wed 23 Sep 2015
at 02:44
The Rogue Mistress
Cirok cast a curious eye toward Angrboda as she dismissed the rest of them and disappeared behind the curtain.  The sailor cocked his ear as the strange uttered words crept through the tarp, something in his expression hinting he might actually glean something from Angrboda's incantation.  His attention was broken by Viktor though, and his maniacal laughter.

"Hello..." Cirok replied to the large man, cautiously extending his hand despite his better judgement, and watching it disappear within Viktor's huge paw.  "I trust there will be no need for such extreme measures," he assured the Pan Tangian, trying to calm Viktor's spirits before something unfortunate came to pass.

Berta saved him and it showed in his relieved expression.  "I certainly hope that's not the case!" Cirok laughed, until he caught the slight trepidation in Berta's smile.  He seemed to understand immediately, his eyes darting toward the curtain and the quieting sounds of Angrboda's sorcery.

"Well, let's head above decks.  Shifting spheres truly is an amazing sight."
The Grey Lords
 GM, 350 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 23 Sep 2015
at 04:01
The Rogue Mistress
Several of you get to the main deck to witness the event. Maria is moving about the deck issuing orders, a great thrumming noise is felt through your feet. Maria walks over to the forward wheel and banks the ship slightly to the port. Seeing the new additions to her ship assemble on deck she looks over with a quick explanation. "Soon the Tenatir will shift us out of this plane's alignment. We need to be moving in order for him to find the angles that each plane intersects."

Slowly a black mist begins to drift down from the silvery sails. As it begins to gather around the ship you can see Maria's face grin in excitement. "We are starting now!" The mist has gathered almost completely around the ship as if to mimic water. Trails of the mist fall behind the Rogue Mistress in a mock wake. The sky, the golden globe, The floating islands, everything begins to blur and fade from view. After a few seconds even the colors give way to inky blackness. The temperature drops a few degrees, just enough to notice, as the only thing that seems real in this void is the Mistress.

"Times vary during passage, What may seem only a few moments will be days, sometimes even months in reality." Maria abandons the wheel and walks over to the wale. "The Tenatir has tried to explain it to me on several occasions, something about distance between the spheres, though even he has not been able to predict the actual passage of time." You look out into the void and occasionally catch glimpses and hints of something out there Sometimes it is a ghost of something, while others it is a fleeting image of a place. Slowly, those ghosts and faded images begin to for into more and more solid shapes. Soon you are flying above a vast grey sea, waveless and still. The only illumination is a reddish band of light across the horizon, much like a setting sun. Maria heads back to the wheel and pulls back on a lever. The thrumming subsides and the world takes on a wholly material look to it.

The air seems warm, yet there is a strange coldness of the place, one that is felt to your core. Maria pipes up. "I've heard of this place, The strange coldness you feel is this place trying to leech your heat from you. Chaos left this world a vacuum, entirely empty without a drop of energy of it's own. As it stands it tries to soak up every ounce of energy that enters this place. For the short time that we require, it should do no lasting harm." From high above in the crow's nest you hear "Reef Ahoy!, Wreck sighted off the starboard bow!"

As you get nearer you can hear a strange, low moaning sound drifting up from the reef and waveless ocean below. Following the direction the sailor is pointing, you scan down the long jagged reef to see the wreckage of a great alien ship. (In the Player's Aids) It rests upright, well over 250' (76m) long, slightly listing to the port, you can tell that the great keel is broken and shattered on the rocks. The ship is all black and grey sinister bone, part ship part demon from beyond. The figurehead is of some huge animal, it's forward curving horns shot with iron, forming into a lethal looking ram. The great keel of the ship is broken beyond repair, and the fleshless ribs thrust upwards forming the superstructure of the ship. The aft deck of the ship is crowded with large spires, twisted towers that rise nearly 50' (15m) in some areas. You can see evidence of light through round windows and shattered  circular doors.

Maria motions to the frog-demon to bring them closer. It settles the Mistress smoothly into the water near the wreck. You hear, and feel, all motions and thrumming of the ship halt. As you come to a stop, you hear another long crooning wail from the direction of the wreck and reef. "One can only hope it is some kind of distress call." Says Maria as she joins the group. The Tenatir comes up from below decks with an extremely sad look on his face. "Meep meep mep meep meep." A look of concern crosses Maria's Face. "It is gone, The entropy configuration is no longer useful. Good thing you are all here. There is another one, or at least something close enough according to Mikkl, on that ship. Time to earn your keep. Go ahead and gather your things, I'll drop a longboat soyou can get over there. Cirok, I'm assuming Mikkl has already given you the instructions?"
Viktor
 player, 351 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2015
at 05:31
The Rogue Mistress
After watching in amazement at what just happened...Fucking aye that was intense, did you ask if Mickl gave us directions..who the hell is Mickl? looking towards Maria with a puzzled look...TIme to go get my axe and crossbow...pats Rael on the back and squeezes Berta's hand a bit...
Rael Gol
 player, 209 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2015
at 21:06
The Rogue Mistress
Rael glance at the alien ship shaking his head and to think the day was going so well "Don't forget to bring our charming demon summoning sorceress and if you can't find her drag Angrboda..." he calls after Viktor.

"I am sorry what is gone and what do you want us to bring back?" Rael turn to asks Maria "and how safe would it be to cross the water and all, didn't you say it leach all warmth? should we pack warm clothing or what?"

The alien ship was creepy and in no good way, the empty eye sockets seemed to be mocking him... Rael supress a shudder wishing once more he was a big warrior like Berta or Khazim or at least had Viktor point of view on life.
Viktor
 player, 352 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2015
at 22:35
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda honey we have to find something on a strange alien ship laughing hysterically....listens as to what Maria has to say as he makes his way down to grab his axe and crossbow and straps them back on his back...
Berta
 player, 115 posts
 from Ilmiora
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 06:05
The Rogue Mistress
With half an ear on the captain's explanations, Berta stares out into the inky blackness as the ship makes its transition between the spheres, shivering as the ship finally settles on the world of the still grey waters, snatching her hand back from Viktor and favouring him with a stern frown as the Mistress comes to a stop before the wreck of the demon ship.

"Not the most inviting ship I've ever seen ..." in fact, beyond question the least, though it seems that is where they must now go.

Rael's instruction to Viktor to drag Angrboda on deck if needs be brings a vengeful smile to Berta's face.  "That'll teach him !" she laughs, then, "I'd better go and keep an eye on him."  She too heads below decks to collect her weapons and other gear.
Kathrak
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 12:05
The Rogue Mistress
The green frog-demon comes on deck and scuttles towards Maria and those party that are on deck. "It seems that this plane is not kind to one of your members." He addresses Berta. His needle teeth gnashing and large pupilless eyes staring straight into you "He was found on the floor in some sort of coma. We have isolated him from the crew and placed in one of the side storerooms till such time we can get somewhere civilized, or he comes out of it by himself."
Berta
 player, 116 posts
 from Ilmiora
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 12:54
The Rogue Mistress
Berta eyes the frog demon warily as it approaches her, but forgets her caution as it informs her that one of their number has fallen victim to this energy sapping place.

"Who ?" she asks, grimly.  "Khazim ?"  She fears this sphere might well prove inimical to the nomad from The Sighing Desert.
Kathrak
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 14:09
The Rogue Mistress
"If that is his name, then yes. The quiet one with the bow. No one knows what happened, they crew assumed he was sleeping till one of them tried to wake him. They knew you all should be together. We do not have a surgeon so we will not be able to diagnose him properly till Albyon, and even if then." The frog-demon motions towards the moaning wreck. "You had best get what the captain needs and fast if you want to save your friend. If we can not leave, we may all end up like him."
Angrboda
 player, 232 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 17:16
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda looks up from her reading as Viktor speaks, "Honey?  I do not believe I gave you permission for pet names.  Angrboda will be fine." she says, obviously a bit irritated at the interruption.  "What strange alien ship are you talking about?  what do we need to find on it?" she finishes, her interest piques a bit at the thought of exploring some strange vessel.
Viktor
 player, 353 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 17:58
The Rogue Mistress
we have to find an item for Maria on this crazy looking alien ship and from what I can hear Khazim is laying in some sort of coma and we need to hurry....and that is about it...shrugs and keeps putting his items on getting ready for the next adventure...
Rael Gol
 player, 210 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 20:39
The Rogue Mistress
The smile on Rael fades as he hears the news about their fallen comrade "Take me to him..." he tell the frog man "I know some healing arts. Berta please go fetch my bag." he calls to the large warrior woman as he head below deck to check on Khazim.
Angrboda
 player, 233 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 21:54
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda packs what she needs for adventuring and heads up onto the deck, still wondering about her experience.  She looks over at the derelict ship in wonder, "What an interesting find." she exclaims, then looks to the captain, "Now what exactly are we supposed to be removing from it for you?"
Maria
 NPC, 12 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 23:09
The Rogue Mistress
Keeping her face turned towards the wreck of the other ship she speaks in a low, somewhat even voice. "The item is called the Entropy Configuration. The device is what lets us shift between the planes. It is obvious that the ship over there." she points to the wreck. "Is not native of this place. Mikkl has detected, with the Tenatir's help, an energy signature similar to our Configuration. There has to be something similar. Ours is a large crystal ball atop a pedestal. The pedestal is covered with various buttons, tubes, and dials. If you can bring whatever they were using here, intact, Mikkl should be able to get ours working again."

She turns to face the assembling people on deck. "You will have two rowers for the longboat, they are there to make sure you can get back. You will be dropped off and the will beach themselves in a nearby safe place. Cirok has some information that Mikkl has given him, he should be able to disassemble what we need for transport back."
Cirok
 player, 5 posts
 The Younger
Fri 25 Sep 2015
at 00:59
The Rogue Mistress
"That's right," agreed Cirok, reappearing alongside the captain as he adjusted the strap of a satchel slung across his shoulder.  He tapped the pouch and elicited a slight clink of metal.  "I grabbed a few tools to help with the removal.  Should be simple enough, once we find it."

He gazed beyond the rail of the 'Mistress at the strange monstrosity beached ahead.  A ship big enough to house an entire city quarter on its rear decks, complete with towers and minarets!  He shook his head slightly and let out a low whistle.  "Finding it though, that might take some doing."
Berta
 player, 117 posts
 from Ilmiora
Fri 25 Sep 2015
at 13:41
The Rogue Mistress
Viktor might have earned a few choice words by issuing such an order ... but Berta likes Rael, and after only a moments hesitation nods her head in acquiescence, venturing below decks to fetch his bag of herbs and potions, returning to Kazim's bunk.  "I suspect they are more used to such maladies than we," she counsels gently.  "Undoubtedly our best chance of remedying his condition is to leave this plane as quickly as possible."

Nevertheless, the warrior woman will assist Rael, using her limited knowledge of healing and potions as best she can until either Kazim awakens or Rael admits defeat.

Back on deck ... "a ball of crystal, aye."  She looks out over the wreck, following Cirok's searching gaze.  "I do not know whether to hope that ruined ship is deserted and we must search ourselves, or if there are any living aboard her that might be minded to point us in the right direction !"
The Grey Lords
 GM, 352 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 25 Sep 2015
at 15:28
The Rogue Mistress
Rael Gol and Berta rush down into the hold of the ship right behind the first mate. Sailors give a wide berth to the green frog demon as he ambles through each corridor. Eventually you reach a smaller hold with wide shelves. Boxes and crates have been shoved aside to allow room for Khazim's inert form. Rael quickly gets to work inspecting the nomads slumbering form. [Secret to Rael Gol: As you inspect Khazim, you stumble on some strange "tracks" radiating from his chest. It looks as if the blood in his arteries is being tainted, and becoming visible through his skin. You have seen similar things when poison or other infection taints the blood.]

The other pirates are no where to be seen, except the first mate who seems completely unfazed by the situation. Standing over you as you work, you can see him fingering the strange metallic weapon that he fired earlier. "Is it plague?" you hear him croak. "No ship survives long when sickness spreads."

Meanwhile, on deck, nervous glances are shared between the crewmen. You hear whispers, not only about the cursed fellow below decks but also about this place. How quiet it is, how the sea does not move, how there is no wind, it is plainly visible  that the crew is extremely uncomfortable here. Another low moan drifts from the wreckage several hundred feet away. The crewmen who are preparing the long boat seem entirely displeased that they were chosen, but are doing their jobs with due diligence.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:10, Fri 25 Sept 2015.

Rael Gol
 player, 211 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2015
at 16:17
The Rogue Mistress
Rael shakes his head "Too early to tell but the signs are of a blood poisoning and not an illness..." he listen to Khazim breath touch his neck to feel his pules. "Thank you Berta " he tells the warrior and give her a smile of gratitude as he take his herb pouch from her. He start pulling some herbs "Willow bark would help cleanse the blood..." he mutters "can you please bowl some water and get some clean cloths here..." asks not looking in anyone direction.

Pulling his knife he locate a darkening blood vessel and prick it smelling the blood that drips out.

"Has he been contact with someone? has he ate something?" he asks and give Khazim form a scan trying to see if there are suspicious wounds.

[Private to GM: OOC: veins are blood vessel bringing blood to the heart, arteries are the ones taking blood from the heart, you sure its the veins that are darkening and not the arteries? :)]
Viktor
 player, 354 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 01:50
The Rogue Mistress
looks around while standing on the deck...I think we should get going and get out of this place as fast as possible, I think Rael should stay with Khazim ...pulls out the silver disk and admires it a little and puts it back into a pocket...
Angrboda
 player, 234 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 01:57
The Rogue Mistress
"I don't like leaving Rael behind but if he wants to stay behind I guess that is his prerogative." she says.  Looking around and heading to the boat.
Kathrak
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 03:35
The Rogue Mistress
"Beyond the whole crew? no, no contact. As for food, unless he raided the galley, no food has been passed." He glances at the murmuring pirates behind him. "Why don't you tell me what needs to be done, so you can have leave to join your friends?"

[Private to Rael Gol: The blood is "sluggish" when it swells from your pricking of Khazim. The blood is a consistency of a heavy cream and has a brownish/black tint to it. You remember seeing Eclair with a brownish grey chaos tinted skin on her arm as she succumbed to some chaotic force. This may be related.]
Rael Gol
 player, 212 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 04:14
The Rogue Mistress
Rael sighs deeply lowering his head "Keep him warm and have him drink this herbal tea at least once an hour." he mutters as he send a silent prayer for the soul of Khazim. He then move to join the others.
Cirok
 player, 6 posts
 The Younger
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 12:33
The Rogue Mistress
Cirok frowned at Viktor's suggestion that they leave with a partial crew for the job, and at Angrboda's acquiescence.  "I don't think that's wise," he cautioned, sparing another glance at the forboding appearance of the alien ship they are targeting.  "Wouldn't you rather have a full complement before we tackle this job, since we know nothing of that ship?  Both your chirurgien and the lady warrior seem like useful companions to have along.  Surely they won't be long below?"

Thankfully Rael reappeared shortly after, as though to prove Cirok's point, and the sailor smiled with relief.  Now all they needed was Berta, and he doubted she would be long.
Berta
 player, 118 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 13:58
The Rogue Mistress
Indeed, Berta follows closely behind Rael, shaking her head in answer to any raised brows as she regains the upper deck.  "Khazim remains insensate - if our Captain is correct then his only hope is that we depart this chill realm with all haste."

The warrior woman wraps her green Syferan cloak about her, to ward off the cold. "To the boat then," she gestures to those who remain.
Angrboda
 player, 235 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 16:30
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda is relieved when Rael and Berta appear to join them, she was not looking forward to the exploration of the ship without them.  "Come Rael," she says, "What would become of Viktor and I if you were not with us?" she joked, trying to lighten the mood in the presence of such an ominous plane.
Rael Gol
 player, 213 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 16:50
The Rogue Mistress
Rael look somewhat distracted as he march on board. "What? oh he would probably try to grope you or some other foolishness and you will turn him into a frog or something worse than end up being chased by angry mob or something." he answers but his heart is not in it.

Speaking softly to his compatriots he adds "Whatever ill Khazim is related to his condition.  I doubt any mundane medicine could help. What is worse is that I know not if it is rejection or ahm hatching..." he leaves this as that From the reaction of the crew I fear if they will learn the truth they will toss us overboard or worse."
Angrboda
 player, 236 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 17:07
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda shakes her head, "Not if we have their precious Entropy Configuration." she says, her eyes narrowing as she looks back at the ship.  "We have made a deal, and they best not try to go back on it."
Viktor
 player, 355 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 18:11
The Rogue Mistress
Yes if it weren't for Rael, I would have bled to death by now or Angrboda would have chopped some of my favorite body parts..let us go get this contraption thing...are you coming Crotch?...laughs as pats Cirok on the back and starts walking towards the boat and starts laughing louder...
Cirok
 player, 7 posts
 The Younger
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 14:15
The Rogue Mistress
Cirok cocked an eyebrow as the large Pan Tangian patted his back and bungled his name, most likely on purpose.  And then let loose his crazy laughter again.  Cirok wasn't sure what to make of the man, after all they'd just met.  But he suspected there was something a little off about him and decided to be cautious.  Not so cautious he wouldn't correct the pronunciation of his name though.  "That's Cirok.  I'm sure you'll remember it soon enough," he advised Viktor, a fleet smile dashing across his face.

He too clambered into the skiff that would take them to the alien ship run aground.  As talk turned to the condition of their ill companion Cirok stayed quiet and listened with a compassionate ear.  Although from the same world he was not one of their number and so respected their privacy as much as he could within the confines of the launch.  But Angrboda's concern and veiled threat toward the 'Mistress was too much for him to pass up, and at that he broke his silence.

"I don't believe the captain would allow such a thing to happen," he reassured them.  "If the danger was so imminent she would never have allowed you aboard in the first place, and yet here we are.  Once we have the equipment we need from this ship," he pointed across the still water to the demon ship looming ahead, "we'll all of us be able to get off this plane, restore your friend to health, and then see about curing you of the curse you are under."

"It has the ring of a grand adventure, doesn't it?  Though they always seem a little more enjoyable when you hear about them with a rum in hand and a fire in the hearth, rather than living through them yourself."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:15, Sun 27 Sept 2015.

Berta
 player, 119 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 14:29
The Rogue Mistress
"They already know of these hearts that Pollidemia gifted us with," Berta echoes Cirok's words with her own understanding of the situation, as she takes a seat in the small boat, careful to choose her spot to balance the distribution of weight.  "Be we alive or dead, they'll still feast upon the life on all planes ... if they slay us or abandon us, then their fates are assured - they need to help us as much as we desire that help."

"True," she admits the silver-tongued sailor's arguments have merit, "but still I'd rather be the one telling the tale than listening to another's boasts !"
Angrboda
 player, 237 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 17:43
The Rogue Mistress
"Well, you know her better than I and she did reward us nicely for returning Meep to the ship." she says smiling, "It is nice to meet allies on our quests, rather than just enemies.  Well, let's get onto that ship and start our grand adventure."
Viktor
 player, 356 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 21:13
The Rogue Mistress
Did someone say rum? Yes let us start this grand adventure so we can get Khazim out of here....takes a quick drink of wine and then offers it to Cirok...
Kathrak
Mon 28 Sep 2015
at 01:16
The Rogue Mistress
"The Mistress will not let the crew go against you if you are truly part of her crew." His wide needle filled mouth grins in a large Cheshire grin. "Once you are off the ship, there is little she can do. You just stay alive and get the thing that Mikkl wants." The frog demon points to a box in the read of the long boat. "There is a flare in that box. Use it to signal that you are ready for pickup." He reaches over and flicks a switch on the side of the railing. A tiny whirring noise starts as the longboat is slowly, and smoothly, lowered to the ocean.