The Rogue Mistress.   Posted by The Grey Lords.Group: archive 1
The Grey Lords
 GM, 335 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 20:29
The Rogue Mistress
Tensions have died down with the revelation of Valmir at the helm. With everyone able to relax a bit the aches, cuts, and bruises all decide to make themselves known. Soon everyone is fighting off the urge to simply sleep after getting some "decent" food and drink in their bellies. The journey is much as the first time, you are well beyond any threat of capture by Media's forces. After several hours of rest you drag yourself to the top deck and look around. A sense of happiness crosses your mouths, You are almost done. Money, the likes of which makes the pocket full of gold tiny, is waiting for you as soon as you can deliver your package.

Speaking of the black skinned man you see him constantly poking and prodding around. Occasionally you see him tilt his head and look into the distance, as if he were looking for something. Seconds later, something shiny grabs is attention and whatever he was looking for is out of mind. It is obvious that the black skinned man has thoroughly annoyed Valmir. More than once when Valmir has set the lock rope on the wheel the black skinned man has moved over and begun to pilot the ship. The black skinned man is obviously familiar with the type of vessel and how to pilot it, he just often times chooses to go in the wrong direction. Once, when sailing by the floating lake, the Black skinned man attempted to divert the ship into the mass. Luckily Valmir was able to wrest controls away and put the ship back on course.

You see Valmir motion to one of the crewmen, then he makes a motion to the black skinned man. Ina flutter of motion he hand makes a sweeping jesture as if to indicate that poor soul is now in charge of keeping the questioning giant away from the controls. "We are almost home everyone, but a scant cycle till we can make port." Valmir calls to those who have assembled on deck. His mood seems lighter, though his body is obviously tired. Whatever energy he had is slowly sinking away as he begins to let his guard down.

[Private to Angrboda: When you get on deck, you swear you see a ship like object in the distance. It is far away yet, you have this feeling like it is in pursuit.]
[Private to Rael Gol: When you get on deck, you swear you see a ship like object in the distance. It is far away yet, you have this feeling like it is in pursuit.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:33, Fri 04 Sept 2015.

Viktor
 player, 313 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 16:32
The Rogue Mistress
Feels much better after resting and getting some food in him...laughs as he thinks about how they escaped and then does a small prayer to Donblas as he remembers all of the fallen warriors that died in this journey...gets all his armor back on and his weapons all ready along with some dried food and jerky and his winesack filled of course...walks up to the deck and sits on a bench to sharpen his mighty axe and wait for the others...
Rael Gol
 player, 184 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 17:01
The Rogue Mistress
Rael make his way to the deck, he had eaten, washed and managed to get some rest. It never occur to him how tedious it was taking care of Meepo and he was glade of Valmir aid no matter how reluctant it was given or rather taken.

Upon the deck he walks to the edge peering curiously at the endless sky and downward... the sight make him queasy. Walking away from the rail of the ship he glance backward calling at Vilmar "What is that over there another ship on pursue?, has Media mustered a pursue?" he asks calling to Viktor "Ready your weapon and armor my friend we may have a fight on our hand soon." perhaps he was just spreading panic but it was better safe than sorry with those matters.
Viktor
 player, 314 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 19:59
The Rogue Mistress
Hears Rael's warning and thinks not already...but it has been a while since his mighty axe ended another offering for Donblas...puts his sharpening stone away and grabs his mighty axe and goes and waits by Rael...his axe glistening as he stands there waiting.Should we get the others?  Thanks for the warning Rael.  spinning his axe around a few times to get limber and ready if he needs to be.  Also takes out his crossbow and gets a bolt ready in it and sets it down by his side ready to be grabbed if needed.
Angrboda
 player, 208 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 23:07
The Rogue Mistress
Angrboda walks up to the deck and stretches lithe frame languidly, bending over and placing her hands on the ground she sighs contentedly, then wanders to the side of the ship, "What the hell is that ship in the distance?" she asks, shielding her eyes to get a better look at the ship.  "That twat couldn't possibly have mounted a search party this quickly." she grumbles to herself.  As the rest of the group hustles about getting ready she tries to figure out how long until the other ship reaches them.
Berta
 player, 102 posts
 from Ilmiora
Fri 4 Sep 2015
at 13:43
The Rogue Mistress
Below decks, Berta sleeps like one dead, only rousing when a member of the crew comes to summon her, passing on Valmir' message.  However once she's splashed sufficient cold water onto her face she rallies, and once she's struggled into her borrowed armour, heads back up on deck.

Finding interest on deck wavering between Meep and the closing ship to the aft, Berta decides to stick close to the black-skinned man ... he is her ticket out of here after all, and if she can prevent him from crashing the ship into the bargain, then that's all to the good.

"Could that be Astralgyx coming for us ?" she suggests with more hope than conviction.  "Or at least coming for the Tenatir."  Deftly steering him away from the wheel, she adds "And I wish Pollidemia the luck of him.  He'll have her Shattered Courtyard down to gravel within but a cycle or two !"
Viktor
 player, 316 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2015
at 21:24
The Rogue Mistress
Anyone have any idea who this ship is? Berta do you need my sharpening stone?Holsters his mighty axe and picks up his crossbow and takes aim towards the pursuing ship and holds his aim to see who is coming towards them and waits...

This message was last edited by the player at 02:59, Sat 05 Sept 2015.

The Grey Lords
 GM, 336 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 01:45
The Rogue Mistress
Valmir gets a look of disappointment on his face. "There is no way anything she had is catching up with us." He removes the rope holding the wheel in place and spins the wheel slightly. He grabs a lever to the side and thrusts it all the way forward. You perceptibly feel the ship increase in speed. "The ship cannot do this for long, but we are near enough to land to risk it." Even with the increased speed the dot on the horizon is quickly forming shape into another vessel.

Slightly different in design from the few you have seen this ship reminds you more of a water sailing vessel. Instead of the gas filled balloon that currently sits above you, the pursuing ship has 3 large masts adorned with multiple large square sails. The black skinned giant moves away from the aeronaut and approaches the railing, a small coo issues from his mouth. From this distance you can tell that the ship's hull has been painted all black, the sails shimmer in the light, and you swear you see a halo of blue around the keel as if it were carrying it's own personal ocean. From one of the aeronauts you hear a cry of "Captain, It's the Mistress!" with a hint of alarm.

"Damn!" Valmir curses loudly "Of all the halo forsaken times, why now." Seeing little recognition on your faces he takes a moment to explain. In the background you hear the black skinned man begin to meep excitedly. "The Rogue Mistress is one of the most notorious pirates in these parts. The Captain Maria has found some enchanted ship that is faster than anything in the skies. What the void does she want? we are not even a merchant vessel!" By now the ship is rapidly gaining definition. You can now tell that instead of paint, the hull is made of substance much like metal but with an onyx luster to it, The sails are made of a thin shimmery silver like cloth, and the blue halo about the keel is caused by four circular protrusions that are emitting a deep blue flame that would put the strongest fire elemental to shame.

"To the void and back with them, it looks like they mean to board us! Everyone prepare to defend yourselves!" Valmir cries out as it becomes apparent that the pirate vessel is easily a match for the speed of your ex-slavers vessel. The black skinned man has a huge grin on his face as he begins to clap his hands excitedly.
Berta
 player, 103 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 05:48
The Rogue Mistress
While the approach of the supernaturally swift pirate vessel stirs Berta to full alertness, the reaction of the black-skinned man puzzles her. "I think our Tenatir knows this ship or her captain," the warrior woman speculates as the Tenatir coos and claps.  "If there is naught else here that might garner their interest, then mayhap they come to steal our prize."

Berta shakes her head at Viktor's offer. "Too late now - besides, I fear that I'll only dull it again.  After ..." she grins with the confidence of one who assumes that there will always be an 'after'.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:13, Sat 05 Sept 2015.

Rael Gol
 player, 185 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 06:38
The Rogue Mistress
Rael close his eyes trembling ever slightly, would this nightmare never end they were suppose to be free about to dispose their prize and get back with their life.

He nods to Berta and Viktor standing between the warriors and drawing his blade "Perhaps they think us slavers and wish to steal our cargo? is there a way to let them know that we carry nothing?" he asks "In my lands sometime merchant ship toss their cargo to the sea so that pirates would see they would gain nothing from the battle."

An odd look cross his face "Valmir, how long are we to land? if we put the ship to the flame would it last long enough for us to reach safety?"