Ghosts in the Machine   Posted by The Grey Lords.Group: archive 1
Berta
 player, 120 posts
 from Ilmiora
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 13:20
Ghosts in the Machine
With her hands braced on the gunwales, Berta uses her weight to steady the craft as everyone gets off, before stepping carefully to join them and cast off the lines for the crew.  "Be prepared to put your backs into it when we call," she warns them grimly, as the long wail fades away, "there may be some who might dispute our taking of the device we need to guide the Mistress from this chill Sphere."
Viktor
 player, 359 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 15:29
Ghosts in the Machine
We never make enemies when we leave...so do you think this ship will be on fire by the time we leave...laughs as he gets off the boat as gently as he can and goes off to the side and pulls out his mighty axe...swings it around a few times and joins the group...
Rael Gol
 player, 215 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 19:20
Ghosts in the Machine
"With our luck?" Rael mutters "It would be infested with flesh eaten devil worms the size of a dog and would sink to the abyss while being consumed by witch fire..."

Shaking his head he make his way to the alien deck trying to stay as far as possible from alien things that seemed to resonate from evil... and if you ask how he knew what resonate from evil... that was simple everything was.
Angrboda
 player, 239 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 20:00
Ghosts in the Machine
Angrboda looks around the ship, "I am sure that you will take care of any enemies we make while we are here Viktor." she says as she scans the ship, "Why is it made of bone?  That is hardly the best material around to make a ship out of." she shrugs, "Huh.  Well I suggest we start over there, that place looks important." she finishes pointing at the little door on the deck.

OOC:  The door at the south end of the boat.
Viktor
 player, 362 posts
Wed 30 Sep 2015
at 04:32
Ghosts in the Machine
Are you sure this is a ship and not a huge fish that is dead from the water?  If I don't kill all of our enemies Rael will just start em on fire anyways.... looks around the ship for anything of importance and follows the group a couple of steps behind everyone else in case he has to start swinging....



23:34, Today: Viktor rolled 35 using 1d100.  search.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:37, Wed 30 Sept 2015.

Rael Gol
 player, 216 posts
Wed 30 Sep 2015
at 18:32
Ghosts in the Machine
Rael follows Angrboda and Viktor to the doorway leading to the inside of the ship "Maybe it was alive and died?" he asked "Or maybe whomever made this thing wanted to scare anyone who saw it." He tries to strain his ears and other senses to see if he could sense anything aboard this huge dead vessel.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 357 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 30 Sep 2015
at 23:38
Ghosts in the Machine
Climbing up the ladder you reach the main deck of the huge vessel. The glossy black material seems to make up everything aside from the bone superstructure and the visible doors. While the gloss makes the deck appear to be slippery, you find that the material is quite the opposite. Both the large mainmast and foremast still hold tatters of the sail which appears to be made of a similar material as the Mistress's Sails. Near the center of the vast deck, you see an area marked off with large bulky letters. The letters are marked around what would be the area for loading large or bulky items into a ship. The hatch does not appear to have any rings or fasteners, and no easily visible way from opening it from the top deck.

Easily moving about the deck the moaning seems to come from inside the ship proper. Scattered about the top deck are boxes made of similar material as the ship, though matte-black in color. Making your way towards the door at the base of the spires, you get the feeling that you are being watched. You move a bit closer to the door when a small humanoid figure steps out from behind one of the boxes a few dozen feet away. Appearing more or less human, the figure stands just under 5' (1.5m) tall, has dirty and matted russet brown hair, and an unusual shade of bright pink skin. It's large, saucer like, eyes are nearly all pupil. In addition you notice that it lacks both ears and a mouth. The clothing appears to be made of a navy blue cotton fabric. The somewhat worn pants and shirt have a single stripe of yellow along the side seams of each garment. The pitiful looking creature looks undernourished with leathery skin. Looking at you, it holds it's hands at it's side with it's palms open.
Viktor
 player, 363 posts
Thu 1 Oct 2015
at 17:02
Ghosts in the Machine
Hey does anyone else see the little alien elf? sets his axe on the ground and grabs some jerky and a biscuit and goes closer offering it to him...takes a drink of wine and offers that to him as well...
Rael Gol
 player, 217 posts
Thu 1 Oct 2015
at 17:07
Ghosts in the Machine
Rael had his knife ready, he did not like this creature "Elf? I see a gremlin with no mouth or ears... I don't trust this thing." Rael glance around nervously, even before the ship had unnerved him and now he felt the cold sweat tickling down his back. There was an itch at his toe he could not get rid off and the thing who was all eye and no mouth was creeping him out beyond telling.
Angrboda
 player, 240 posts
Thu 1 Oct 2015
at 19:28
Ghosts in the Machine
For once Rael and Angrboda have the same reaction, Angrboda grasps her dagger and holds it firmly as the creature approaches, "Are you awake this time you little twat?" she whispers to the dagger.
Viktor
 player, 364 posts
Sat 3 Oct 2015
at 00:30
Ghosts in the Machine
I think he is just hungry and scared...otherwise we would already be dead...keep an eye on my axe..leaves his axe and makes his way to the little alien elf with food and drink in his hands...
Cirok
 player, 8 posts
 The Younger
Sat 3 Oct 2015
at 02:31
Ghosts in the Machine
Cirok was grateful for Berta's stabilizing the small craft as he and the others climbed aboard the dead ship, and he offered a smile of thanks as he passed the warrior woman on his way up the side of the giant vessel.  Upon reaching the deck he stood wide-eyed and took in the sight of it all, even going so far as to bend down and run his hand over the glossy black deck.  Once all were assembled he joined the group moving aft toward the lone doorway.

When the odd creature appeared from behind some of the stacked crates Cirok joined the rest in freeing a weapon, in his case the heavy-bladed cutlass.  But when the strange being did nothing overtly he lowered his sword and peered at it curiously, as though to divine its nature.  Seeing Viktor was intent on approaching the being, Cirok tried speaking words of reassurance in case the large warrior's appearance was too frightening for it.

"He means no harm," Cirok called out, though whether a creature with no ears could hear him was a good question.  "He offers food and drink."  A second salvo followed in another tongue.  [Language unknown:  "A vorearnde me weric, ut anitus oer one evnahe."]
Berta
 player, 121 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sat 3 Oct 2015
at 07:19
Ghosts in the Machine
Viktor getting off the skiff as gently as he can still requires a lot of effort on Berta's part, using her weight to compensate for his, and she shares a grin with Cirok as he heads up the ladder just before she sends the crew on their way to the reef.

The deck is odd, almost a tar-like substance, though it is the tattered sails that interest the warrior woman mostly.  "Bad weather ... or something else ?" she muses as she stares up.  [Private to GM: if she can find any scraps of the material on the deck, or reach up to grab, she'll do so - anything will do, but if choice, then perhaps a blanket sized piece.  :>]

But her attention is drawn away by Viktor's question and her eyes narrow as she sees the strange creature, her hand halfway to her blade before the big man surprises her.  Nodding, she leaves her sword holstered, picking up his axe and holding it down by her side as she awaits his and Cirok's attempts to treat with it, looking about the deck of the ship to see if any more of the creatures are drawn out.
Angrboda
 player, 241 posts
Sat 3 Oct 2015
at 07:56
Ghosts in the Machine
Angrboda quickly looks at Cirok when he speaks in the High Tongue, "Need to watch out for him." she thinks as she turns her attention back to Viktor, "Hey Viktor, what if his favorite type of food is macho Pan Tangian?" she asks, hoping to dissuade him from his foolishness.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 358 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sat 3 Oct 2015
at 13:40
Ghosts in the Machine
The short humanoid holds it's ground as Viktor approaches. Raising it's right hand it holds the palm straight in front of him, up at a 45 degree ascension. It then sweeps that hand in a downward motion like it is cupping something and brings the hand back up to intersect it's other hand, now extended, into a horizontal |-. From slightly behind the figure you can see other movement. Catching glimpses, you can tell there are a few others, all hiding among the deck's refuse.

As Viktor approaches, holding out the offering, the humanoid quickly glances back at the others behind it. Cautiously the humanoid reaches out towards the offered items.  Once again a great moan drifts across the deck, this time you can tell it is coming from the bow of the ship. In that second of distraction the humanoid extends a singular finger and taps Viktor on the hand. [Secret to Viktor: "Your food may not sustain us, we are trapped and lost. Please help!"] [Private to Viktor: You feel a great sense of pity for these creatures. Obviously helpless, they seem to have no way to save themselves.]

The humanoid motions the the front of the ship and then to the door that the group was already heading for. [Secret to Viktor: "The rest of our crew has gone mad and held up in the bow of the ship with the remaining supplies. The open is not safe, they have the weapons, we should head inside the towers. It is safe there!"]

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:26, Fri 09 Oct 2015.

Viktor
 player, 365 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 05:02
Ghosts in the Machine
Looks at the group with a sad look in his face and showing concern...we are looking for a part to fix our ship...help us and you and your friends will come with us...if you would like is there a way to end your brothers madness and take their weapons...
The Grey Lords
 GM, 359 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 11:35
Ghosts in the Machine
When Viktor boldly offers his group help to remedy the situation four more of the individuals creep out from behind the refuse. Other than slightly different shades of hair, the only real way to tell them apart are in their clothes. All four of them wear the worn navy blue pants and shirts, the only distinction between them is the stripe running down the side. Colors of Blue, Red, Deep Orange, and Green are all visible. None of them hold any weapons and they all have that undernourished gaunt look to them. [Secret to Viktor: "Your arrival would have been seen by the mad ones, we should leave the deck."]

The one with the yellow stripe takes Viktors hand and motions towards the door.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:26, Fri 09 Oct 2015.

Viktor
 player, 366 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 21:09
Ghosts in the Machine
let me get my axe and we will follow...holds his hand for a second...puts away his food and drink and walks over to grab his axe...looking at the rest of the group and shrugs hoping macho nachos was not on the menu...
Rael Gol
 player, 218 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 21:42
Ghosts in the Machine
Rael place a hand on Viktor arm, he speaks softly to his ears alone "Viktor, I'm happy you are able to ahm communicate with these people... but I don't think you should promise something is not yours to give like well passage on the ship." Rael glance at those people, more and more seem to pour around, people was a very broad term for them and he still did not know how much one can trust someone without a mouth.

"Maybe they can tell us what is this vessel and what had happened here?" he asks the big Pang Tangian.
Angrboda
 player, 242 posts
Mon 5 Oct 2015
at 07:44
Ghosts in the Machine
Angrboda watches the exchange between Viktor and the creature as is wont to happen many questions enter her head but she does not voice them at the moment.  Taking advantage of the "chaos" however she attempts to slip away when the party goes through the door to get a better view of things without a "guide" interfering with her investigation.
Berta
 player, 122 posts
 from Ilmiora
Mon 5 Oct 2015
at 14:20
Ghosts in the Machine
Berta passes Viktor his axe, though shares Rael's misgivings about the promises the big Pan Tangian is making to the small creatures, though they seem to understand him well enough.

The warrior woman is no more keen than Angrboda to explore with so many heralds to proclaim the group's passage, and lags to the rear, aiming to keep an eye out for ambush should they be led into a trap, inadvertently or now.

Seeing the Melnibonean's desire ... and remembering the chaos that erupted the last time she struck out on her own (or with Viktor in tow, which undoubtedly added fuel to the flames), Berta nods silently, raising a questioning brow, a finger flicking from herself to Angrboda in a gesture that she hopes imparts 'do you wish me to come with you ?'
Viktor
 player, 367 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2015
at 00:58
Ghosts in the Machine
looks at Rael and puts his arm on his shoulder as he grabs his axe from Berta...I am sure Maria would love to have a fleet of aliens working for her..not to mention if we are able to get the weapons from the mad ones we could take those back...think of their knowledge on alien herbs...nods at Berta as he grabs his axe back...and goes back to the alien to follow it..
Cirok
 player, 9 posts
 The Younger
Tue 6 Oct 2015
at 01:02
Ghosts in the Machine
Cirok moved with the group, nearer the front than the back since he best knew what they were looking for within the ship.  He relied on Viktor as a shield of sorts but also as their go-between, for it seemed the big warrior had established some sort of rapport with the diminutive crew.  Unless they were just convinced fresh food had arrived...
Rael Gol
 player, 219 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2015
at 04:12
Ghosts in the Machine
"How about we ask her before we assume we know something about our host whom we met just a scant hours ago..." Rael pause "Wait... what weapons and what mad ones?" he asks shaking his head looking around waiting for something to leap at him from the shadows.
Viktor
 player, 368 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2015
at 15:50
Ghosts in the Machine
He had said there are many more of his brothers watching us but they have gone crazy from this place and of course the crazy ones have all of their alien weapons and are watching us right now...therefore, we need to follow him into the towers for safety...Cirok are you able to communicate with Maria...ask her advice on this...I will not leave them here to die...as he follows the little alien elfs to hopefully safety...