Ghosts in the Machine   Posted by The Grey Lords.Group: archive 1
Rael Gol
 player, 225 posts
Fri 16 Oct 2015
at 05:14
Ghosts in the Machine
Rael kneel next to the sleeping muppet checking vitals, as much as one can check vitals on an alien being such as it. When he stands up he has a soft smile on his lips "Good..." turning to the other he allocate into small flasks the potion offering each a flask. "This is a contact poison, it will render these ahm human like being asleep I guess... it is delivered by contact, just pour this on the flat of your blade and touch open skin... no need to cut crush or anything." the last he looks purposely at Viktor.

"I am ready... lets go."
Viktor
 player, 380 posts
Fri 16 Oct 2015
at 16:36
Ghosts in the Machine
We are coming little mad muppets....Takes his winesack back...a little offended Cirok did not take it...sees the potion work and jumps up and lets out a loud battlecry warning the muppets he is coming to get them and hoping Angrboda hears it...puts his axe back on his back and pulls out his sack of bolts to dip in the potion...little safer then his axe....
Berta
 player, 126 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 05:56
Ghosts in the Machine
Berta snorts at the small creature's suggestion that Angrboda might be driven mad, but keeps her thoughts on the matter to herself.

Like Viktor, she chooses not to use her allotment of Rael's concoction to coat her sword, leaving her blade sheathed at her side and instead annointing the brass fretwork of her gauntlets, holding her hands on their sides that any spillage falls to the floor and does not run down the glove.

Done, she nods her readiness to Cirok.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 366 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 12:42
Ghosts in the Machine
The group gathers their things, anoints what they will with Rael's potent brew and moves towards the eastern door. When you approach, as with the other doors, it slides silently open allowing access to the space behind. The door opens to a long curving hallway made of the same materials as the rest of the ship. Littered down the hallay are a handful of bodies of other crewmen, similar to the ones you just left. Some of the bodies appear to be fleeing something while others are crumpled on the ground.

You can see three other doors, all made of the same thin bone like material, down the stretch. One each of the doors you can see markings, similar to those on the outside deck. None of the doors stand open and none appear to have had any tampering done. If this is the way Angrboda went, there is no trace.

Ohh yeah, Updated the maps

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:06, Sat 17 Oct 2015.

Berta
 player, 127 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 13:07
Ghosts in the Machine
"Suppose any door is as good as another," Berta shrugs stopping at the first and scanning the blank panel.  "Hope you were paying attention," Berta smiles at Cirok as she invites him to try his hand at opening it.

The warrior woman takes a step back to give the sailor room to work, should he need it ... but also to give her a running start should there be any of the madmen beyond the portal.
Rael Gol
 player, 226 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 16:22
Ghosts in the Machine
"Wait..." Rael says, he pulls out his knife and try to scratch the wall "These corridors can be confusing we better mark our path."
Viktor
 player, 381 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 18:53
Ghosts in the Machine
Good idea Rael on marking the walls...should I use my axe to mark them?follows in the back of the group in case someone attacks from behind...
The Grey Lords
 GM, 367 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 03:18
Ghosts in the Machine
Rael takes out one of his knives and moves over near the door you just passed through. Taking the tip he attempts to etch a symbol into the wall only to find that the point of his dagger does nothing to mar the glossy black surface. Putting his back into it, Rael tries again with the same results. Only the glossy black surface shining back at him mockingly.
Viktor
 player, 382 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 04:59
Ghosts in the Machine
watches as Rael's blade does nothing...before anyone says anything sets down his bolts and grabs his axe and takes a swing at the wall in an upward motion...just to try to shave off a layer...
The Grey Lords
 GM, 368 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 11:28
Ghosts in the Machine
Seeing Rael fail at making even the tiniest scratch, Viktor feels his manhood challenged. Giving everyone else little time to react in such narrow quarters Vikitor's axe slices through the air. Viktor's giant two handed axe makes contact with the wall there is a tiny spark, as when flint is first struck.

The wild look in Viktor's eye is replaced with a look of disbelief. Where the axe struck there is a bare hint of a scratch. If looked at in the right angle you can see where contact with the wall was made by the Lormyian Axe by the tiny dull line.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:24, Sun 18 Oct 2015.

Cirok
 player, 14 posts
 The Younger
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 14:26
Ghosts in the Machine
Cirok watched Rael try to mark the wall, curious to see his success but not surprised when the blade did nothing to mar the surface.  He was not ready for Viktor's more robust attempt and had to jump slightly out of the way lest he get in the way of the mighty swing.  Wincing as a spark was struck when blade met wall, he then snorted softly under his breath as only the barest of marks was left on the wall's surface.

"Happy?" he asked Viktor, before casting his eyes about at the bodies on the floor.  "Why don't we point a body's arm in the right direction, or take off the shirt and ball it up beside the door we have used?  Or if anyone has something powdery, a biscuit we could crumble even, then we can mix it with some of Viktor's wine and smear the wall."  He looked pointedly at the spot the axe had barely smudged.  "Doesn't look like trying to cut or scrape the wall will do us much good."

Then he looked at the door's sensor and back to Berta.  "They didn't actually tell me how to open them, just how they would prevent the 'mad' ones from opening them.  But let me see if I can figure anything out."


OOC:

Grey Lords - Not sure what skill is most appropriate or what bonuses/penalties may apply, so please interpret this roll accordingly.

10:23, Today: Cirok rolled 64 using 1d100.  Figure out door sensor.

Viktor
 player, 383 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 16:12
Ghosts in the Machine
Seeing his mighty axe do hardly anything to the wall..shakes his head...What the bloody Hell is this wall made of..I want it for armor...and maybe a new axe handle...touches the spot that the axe dulled up...after hearing Cirok's comment about marking the walls with wine...NO ONE WASTES WINE!!!grabs his axe and cuts off an arm of one of the dead bodies and smears the blood all over the walls and starts laughing for several minutes and takes and swings the arm with blood flying around a little before pointing it in the right direction with its middle finger up...
Berta
 player, 128 posts
 from Ilmiora
Mon 19 Oct 2015
at 13:11
Ghosts in the Machine
"If you must, then just the doors we can open !" Berta struggles to contain her disgust at Viktor's unsubtle but undeniably effective solution.  "Not the whole damned place !"

"The madness of this sphere may be affecting him," she speaks in an undertone to Rael and Cirok nearby. "But only somewhat, I think.  Reckless and wild he may be, but this ..."

"Hurry,"
she nods to the sailor, wishing him luck, "the sooner we find something to occupy him the better it will be."
The Grey Lords
 GM, 369 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Mon 19 Oct 2015
at 14:34
Ghosts in the Machine
Viktor, in his usual thoughtfulness, rips the arm off of one of the corpses. Swinging it around like a rag doll he attempts to anoint the wall with it's fluids. Sadly, or luckily as the case may be, the plan is doomed to failure. The blood inside of the corpse has become thick and paste-like. Brushing the paste on to the wall results in little to no actual marking as the deep maroon is nearly lost on the black wall. The only tale-tell sign of his efforts is the dulling of the shine.

Cirok on the other hand has slightly better luck at figuring out the sensor system. With many of the doors he is able to deduce that it is motion activated. With a bit more luck he is able to track down the source of the sensor. Near each door is a tiny black "eyeball" (Very similar to the inhabitants eyes). Some are placed at the door's apex while others are placed to one side or the other. Doors such as the doors off of the main deck and the bridge have the sensor near the top. Other smaller doors, such as the three presented in the hallway, have them off to the side. By simply approaching or waving your hand in front of these eyeballs activates the mechanism to open the door. You also tend to notice that the smaller hallway doors you have to place/wave your hand fairly close to the eyeball in order for them to activate. Most logical explanation would be to prevent accidental door openings by those passing by.

The easiest way to knock out a sensor would be to cover the lens with something to prevent the eyeball from seeing. The coagulated blood from one of the bodies would do nicely if inclined to go that route.


09:23, Yesterday: Cirok rolled 64 using 1d100.  (Idea) Figure out door sensor. - Pass
09:28, Today: The Grey Lords, on behalf of Cirok, rolled 47 using 1d100.  Repair/Devise tn 48. - Pass

Rael Gol
 player, 227 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2015
at 16:56
Ghosts in the Machine
Rael cringe back, twice once when Viktor swing his axe madly about and again when he chop off one of the dead muppet arm. Shaking his head at Berta "No, ever since I met him he had a certain fascination with chopping dead people arms and swinging them about."

He ponders and search his bag "Maybe I have some herb that would create a stain we could use on the walls."
Viktor
 player, 384 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2015
at 18:03
Ghosts in the Machine
Hey Croak do you want a hand?Not happy his first arm did nothing...goes and cuts another arm off with his small sword for a rougher cut and smears the blood across the door and the sensor...laughing while he does it...
Rael Gol
 player, 228 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2015
at 18:27
Ghosts in the Machine
Seeing Viktor is going a little to wild Rael move to intercept him, placing one pale soft hand on the Pan-Tangian giant arm "Peace Viktor... this is the demon in your heart you are better than that." he whispers soothly to the armored giant.
Cirok
 player, 15 posts
 The Younger
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 00:18
Ghosts in the Machine
Cirok stared in dismay at the antics of the Pan-Tangian, including waving around dismembered arms and smearing blood on the wall and across the door's sensor.  Fortunately the dead had been so for long enough to leave little mess behind despite Viktor's efforts.  The sailor stayed clear of the large warrior until Rael reached in to try and calm him.

"I…Thank you Viktor," Cirok said cautiously, choosing his words with care, "but I think I've got the door figured out." He glanced about to the rest of the group to see if they were ready to go through the door, and when all were ready he activated the sensor to open the door.


OOC:

I am assuming two things - Viktor's swipe of the arm at the sensor didn't already open the door, and whatever congealed blood is left from the arm doesn't disable the sensor.  If the latter is true, Cirok will try to wipe it clean before opening the door.

Viktor
 player, 385 posts
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 15:54
Ghosts in the Machine
So are we ready to go through the door?shakes the arm like he is scolding a dog or child...laughs and throws it on the ground near the door....puts his hand on Rael's shoulder at nods to him as he gets his bolts back out ready to tag some muppets..
The Grey Lords
 GM, 370 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Thu 22 Oct 2015
at 03:57
Ghosts in the Machine
Viktor lends a second hand to his attempt at being helpful, with little results. It seems as if the doors in the hallways have all been locked or disabled. While the sensor system operates much the same as the ones found on the bridge, these simply do not register for some reason. A bit of effort, and a crowbar, would be needed to pry open these doors.

Rael sets his knapsack on the floor and begins to rummage about. Sadly no herbs catch his attention. As he is about to give up in despair, a single piece of forgotten chalk slides out of a secondary compartment. The first attempt at marking the walls fails as the glossy material slides easily under the chalk leaving little marking. Moving about to try a second area, Rael comes across a bit of blood from Viktor's efforts. Absently he wipes it off with a bit of cloth. Attempting a second time he comes across a solution. To his amusement the tiny bit of moisture of the blood created enough friction to allow a decently visibly chalk line to appear.

At this point the door to the bridge slides shut plunging the corridor into a temporary darkness. Your eyes begin to adjust slowly as there is light in the corridor. A slight luminescence radiates down from the top of the curved hallway. Multiple lines run the length of the ceiling giving forth a trickle of blueish light. Your eyes adjust further to the dim light when you notice that the lines on the ceiling more resemble blood vessels than any else.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:06, Thu 22 Oct 2015.

Viktor
 player, 386 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2015
at 04:34
Ghosts in the Machine
walks up next to Rael...See Rael, I told you my idea would work...thanks my friend...pats Rael on the back and then steps aside and takes out his throwing knife and attaches it to the front of his armor in case he needs to use it and gets his bolts ready and waits to take up the back of the group...
Rael Gol
 player, 229 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2015
at 08:57
Ghosts in the Machine
Rael smiles warmly at Viktor "Thank you friend... lets go..." he waits for the more massive battle worthy members of the group to enter the new room before following them with the chalk in one hand and a blood soaked rag in the other.
Berta
 player, 130 posts
 from Ilmiora
Sat 24 Oct 2015
at 05:15
Ghosts in the Machine
Berta sighs in frustration as despite the best efforts of Viktor and Cirok the door fails to open.  "After all that ..."

But she is cut short by the sudden closing of the door behind them.  The warrior woman turns, fearing attack, only to adopt a less combative stance as her eyes gradually adjust to the dim lighting.

"We'll take the fore," she nods to Victor.  "You try the doors as we go," she tells Cirok.  "See if we can find one that will open for us."

"We're trying not to kill them, remember ?" Berta raises her brows at the knife the big Pan Tangian readies, but the smile on her lips takes any hint of rebuke from her words.
Cirok
 player, 16 posts
 The Younger
Sat 24 Oct 2015
at 12:27
Ghosts in the Machine
Relaxing a little as his eyes adapted the lower light of the corridor, Cirok still looked uneasily at the ribbons of light flowing down the hallway like so many veins in his arm.  Objects and machines were supposed to be just that, weren't they?

Berta's plan sounded reasonable, and the sailor nodded.  "Makes sense," he agreed before taking up his position in the queue.
Viktor
 player, 388 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2015
at 15:32
Ghosts in the Machine
Why does everyone think I enjoy killing or chopping off body parts...laughs as he cleans off some of the dead mutant blood still on him and attempts to pull apart the door with brute strength...