Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata.   Posted by The Grey Lords.Group: archive 2
The Grey Lords
 GM, 377 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Fri 6 Nov 2015
at 13:23
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
You say your goodbyes and set the time schedule. You wonder for a second if the goodbyes are going to be final as the image of Khazim, unconscious, drifts to the front of your thoughts. You leave the two behind to mess with the one item that could be your salvation, or demise if you are unable to get it aboard the Mistress. Calmly walking down the smooth passageway you head for the bridge. As you approach the access door, it slides open with hardly a whisper. Once again on the bridge you can see that most of the crew members are resting in the couches on the main floor. One, the one with the yellow stripe, is just getting up from one of the couches. "I see you have found your lost crewmate. I trust that she did not succumb to the madness. Else I fear that you would be dead yourselves. Your quick return would not indicate you have taken care of the mad ones." For the first time you see something akin to emotion from these humanoids as it tilts it's head. The act reminds you of so many animals looking at an item quizzically.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:46, Sat 07 Nov 2015.

Viktor
 player, 407 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2015
at 16:19
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
messing with his crossbow a little and getting a feel for it...and then walks over to the muppet with the stripe..Sorry my friend we have not taken care of the mad ones yet, would you like to come with us and make sure they are dealt with?  So my friend tell me, are you alive or part of the ship?

This message was last edited by the player at 16:21, Sun 08 Nov 2015.

Angrboda
 player, 254 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2015
at 19:39
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Angrboda nearly slaps her forehead in frustration, "What kind of strange question is that for our hosts Viktor." she says grasping his elbow and attempting to push him toward the door, "Surely they have been through enough for now.  Don't you worry little furry things we will take care of the crazy ones for you." she says smiling broadly.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 380 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Tue 10 Nov 2015
at 03:41
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
The humanoid with the yellow stripe's head remains at the of kilter angle as it stares into Viktors soul with the large, nearly pupiless eyes. "Of course we are part of the ship." It's head returns to the normal upright position as it continues it's mind-talk. "We are not fighters. We do not know how to fight. You are to finish the mad ones." The humanoid stands just on the other side of the couch as Angrboda attempts to escort Viktor, like a child, towards the opposite door.

[Private to Angrboda: I'm going to assume you are heading towards the room you first encountered.]
Angrboda
 player, 255 posts
Tue 10 Nov 2015
at 19:13
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
PM
[Private to GM: I was going to head back out onto the deck toward the big doors marked Cargo Hatch on the map.]
Viktor
 player, 408 posts
Tue 10 Nov 2015
at 19:21
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
I thought it was a good question..don't worry we will take care of the mad ones...gets his crossbow ready with the dipped bolt locked into place...checks his other weapons and waits for Angrboda to lead the way...
Rael Gol
 player, 245 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2015
at 16:55
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Rael walks after the pair lost in thoughts, he did not thought the grumpkings to be dead not in the dead sense of the word... perhaps they were never born but created but regardless they were linked to the ship.

"Can you make the doors open for us?" he asked the lead grumpking "It would make our task much easier if we would not need to break open each door."
The Grey Lords
 GM, 382 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Thu 12 Nov 2015
at 22:44
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Angrboda continues to smile, that wonderful Melinbonean smile, as she escorts Viktor towards the door to the main deck. Seeing that the group is angling towards the main deck, the humanoid with the yellow stripe motions with his hand towards the door. "You are able to leave this room at any time. I will make it so you can enter in again after you leave. The mad ones have cut access so that only they can hunt. We are at their whims. The other doors are beyond our ability."

You exit the bridge and on to the main deck. A few seconds later the smaller frame of the yellow striped humanoid steps into view of the portal. "This door will be able to be opened from the outside. You are free to enter as you need."

[Private to Angrboda: Emerging on to the deck you see a second longboat on the water in the direction of the Mistress. If it is a longboat, it should be to the wrecked vessel in about 10-15 minuets.]
[Private to Viktor: Emerging on to the deck you see a second longboat on the water in the direction of the Mistress. If it is a longboat, it should be to the wrecked vessel in about 10-15 minuets.]
Angrboda
 player, 256 posts
Fri 13 Nov 2015
at 01:43
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
"Oh for the love of Balo's games, who the hell are they?" Angrboda says perplexedly as she stares at the new boat coming toward the ship, "Quickly let's hide and set up an ambush in case they are not our friends."
Rael Gol
 player, 246 posts
Fri 13 Nov 2015
at 15:57
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Rael looks around trying to see what Angrboda is talking about "What are you talking about?" he asks as he moves to where she mentions to hide "I see nothing."
Viktor
 player, 409 posts
Fri 13 Nov 2015
at 16:21
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Yes I see it too, there is a long boat on its way to us...hopefully it is some of the Mistresses crew, but we may have a fight on our hands otherwise....are you ready to slay some stuff mighty Rael?pats Rael on the shoulder and keeps his crossbow in hand for the moment...ready to grab his axe if it is needed...
The Grey Lords
 GM, 384 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 00:04
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Several minuets pass before the longboat makes the same ladder you yourselves used. This has given you enough time to position a few of the boxes and other debris in a makeshift blind. Human voices drift up from over the gunwale as you can here at least three different people. From your hiding spot you can see outlandishly dressed humans of all kinds get on the deck and pull scimitars. After a few moments you hear the pirates yell an all clear to those below. You would still unsure of the origin of the pirates if it were not for the fourth "person" to mount the deck. The mechanic from the Rogue Mistress known as Mikkl huffs a large pack over the side and on the deck.

Mikkl takes a all to familiar metalic box out of the pack and begins to wave it around. You see him point towards the front of the ship, and then once towards the back spires. Nodding to the pirates, Mikkl motions to the pirates to head towards the back spires.
Viktor
 player, 410 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 03:51
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
gets up out from behind the boxes with his crossbow lowered...Cirok could probably use your help with the engine room....says in a deep loud voice not showing any harsh tones...
Angrboda
 player, 257 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 19:47
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Angrboda does not like this turn of events, "I was under the impression that we were to retrive the device for the ship." she says, wondering what kind of foul play might be afoot.
Rael Gol
 player, 247 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 20:05
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Rael just stay behind his fri... compatriots looking curiously at the unfolding events "You think we are looking at mutiny?" he asks in as soft a voice he can make so only Viktor and Angrboda would hear.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 386 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Tue 17 Nov 2015
at 12:22
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Viktors voice booms across the still air as he steps out from hiding. The pirates tense into a fighting stance as Mikkl draws his own broadsword. "Great Tesla's ghost, Your alive!" Mikkl lowers the broadsword. At the recognition in Mikkl's voice ther other pirates lower their scimitars, but do not seem to loose the fighting tension. "We were set upon by some apparitions that came from this direction. The mistress lost several crew, it seems that only certain kinds of blades can harm them. We were able to drive them off and they retreated back in this direction. We feared that you had fallen to these same specters. It only seemed prudent to send a second team to try and retrieve the piece." Putting his sword away, he takes a second look at the small metallic box in his hand. "You've already located the device. Then by all means, lets get going. I want off this first layer of hell as soon as possible."
Viktor
 player, 411 posts
Tue 17 Nov 2015
at 21:03
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
We are going to go take care of some mad muppets and then meet back here...Cirok is messing with the device...points towards the door and keeps his crossbow down...
Rael Gol
 player, 248 posts
Tue 17 Nov 2015
at 21:08
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Rael nods from behind Viktor "We found some crew members I guess... wierd fellows, in exchange for the device we agreed to capture their crew members who turned insane from the long stay here." he elbows Viktor speaking softly "Perhaps it would be a good idea to run by Mikki your hospitality offer to the muppets."
Angrboda
 player, 258 posts
Tue 17 Nov 2015
at 21:12
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Angrboda perks up a bit, perhaps there are a lot of humans that aren't bad people, "I don't suppose you can tell us exactly what swords worked on these creatures?" she asks, "and Viktor, I believe the muppets you are talking about are the actual ones we are supposed to save."
The Grey Lords
 GM, 388 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Wed 18 Nov 2015
at 01:51
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
"I have not been able to determine what is the key factor in which weapons work. Kathrak's weapon winged one bad." He curls his hand into a partial fist with his pointer finger and thumb extended. Pointing his finger forward, he then crooks it upwards into the air. "These three here had weapons that were marginally effective. It does not seem to be linked to a blessing or a binding. Perhaps it is linked to those who wield them. We did not have time to test. It was more prudent to simply get the device and get out as fast as possible." Mikkl begins to approach the group with an obvious intent to head into the spire at the rear of the ship.

"Muppets? I've never heard of that nation. Little to wonder as there are so many in the multiverse. Do you still have access to where we need to go?"
Viktor
 player, 412 posts
Wed 18 Nov 2015
at 07:15
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
We think the Captain would like to meet some of the muppets on the ship..I think your men should get them back to the Mistress immediately...We will help you with access but we need help capturing the rest of the crew to bring back to our lovely Captainnudges Rael back...
Angrboda
 player, 259 posts
Wed 18 Nov 2015
at 20:52
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
"No, Viktor, you think that they should be brought back to the ship.  I Believe they are somehow possessed or raised by the spirits AND that it would be a very bad idea to take them aboard the ship." Angrboda says exasperated that no one is listening to her, "But do as you like, I have other things to do right now." She says and turns her back on the group, heading to the north.
Viktor
 player, 413 posts
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 00:01
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Angrboda what do you have up your sleeve now...ok so the muppets need to stay here...won't they die?starts to follow Angrboda....
Rael Gol
 player, 249 posts
Fri 20 Nov 2015
at 09:29
Ghost in the Machine - Exploring O'Sidata
Rael rolls his eyes as the two seem to dismiss the whole group of pirate and trudge on, glancing at Mikki he adds "They are over there, the doors are locked, we left a trail of open doors for you to follow... there are still hostiles on this ship so keep an eye."

Waving a quick goodbye he runs after the sorceress and warrior.