The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea.   Posted by The Grey Lords.Group: 0
The Grey Lords
 GM, 830 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 01:45
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Angrboda's last words cause Andrew to glance at Justin, then a side glance at Not-Khazim. A somewhat justified look of questioning panic crosses his face as his gaze settles on the oh-so-happy face of your once companion.

A low growl rolls off of Not-Khazims chest. "I will not be bound again!" as the demon infused wastelander focuses on the not-so human Angrboda. Not-Khazim takes a step towards Angrboda, and the item she holds. "That sorceress will not bind me like the last. No objects, no tricks, no prisons!"

Andrew grabs his wooden staff and Justin's hand drops to his sword. Hopping a few steps forward Andrew moves a bit closer to Angrboda. "Whoa whoa big boy. Don't know if we want your fiery blood burning that what she has anyway." Andrew glances at those assembled in some sort of support.
Angrboda
 player, 582 posts
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 02:35
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Angrboda snatches her dagger and prepares to defend herself, "I don't like this damn setup anymore than you do.  You want to talk to the damn oracle you gotta put blood into it.  If you don't want to talk to her then you don't.  I am apparently the only person here capable of doing the ritual so you're stuck with me." she says with perhaps a bit of remorse, she isn't looking forward to summoning a powerful demon kneedeep in disgusting Pyaray water, If you don't like the situation go walk off into the water, I'm sure Pyaray will get to you soon enough."
Berta
 player, 567 posts
 of Ilmiora
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 14:14
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Whether Berta would have attempted no jest at Angrboda's approach and admonishment will remain unknown as Not-Khazim's ire becomes manifest.

"You need blood, take mine," the warrior-woman weighs in, though unlike the others she doesn't draw her blade at his approach, either reckoning the effort futile, or perhaps confident that their once friend can still be persuaded to reason for the moment.

"Rael is pale enough already and can ill afford to be blooded, while what flows through Viktor's veins is more spirits than blood.  So ..." Berta shrugs, baring her forearm and offering it to the Melnibonean's blade.

"Here ... or in there ?" she follows Angrboda's gaze to the foul waters, liking them no better than does the sorceress.

"Just be sure you leave me some ... I'd rather not be left unable to even bandy words with this demon we seek.  The last of its kind that we encountered was rude and impudent and richly deserving of a drubbing !"
Angrboda
 player, 583 posts
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 18:24
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Angrboda sighs, "No, that isn't how it works." she explains, trying to remember that her expertise in this subject far outweighs any of her companions, "If you," she says pointing at Berta, "Want to interact with the oracle then I need a bit of your blood.  If he" she points at the Not-Khazim, "wants to interact with the oracle also then I also need a bit of his blood.  I need blood from everyone that thinks they might want to talk with, or interact with, the oracle.  If someone doesn't feel that they want to interact then i don't need their blood."
Berta
 player, 568 posts
 of Ilmiora
Sat 16 Mar 2019
at 05:33
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
The warrior-woman shrugs, understanding more of the ritual, but not deterred by the clarification.

"Count me in," she tells Angrboda.  "It'll be too late to join in after should I change my mind."

"What do we want to ask this Oracle about, then ?" she asks of everyone.   Best sort that out up front so she knows what questions to pose.  "In order of importance," should this be the sort of demon that delights in doing only what little it must.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 831 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sat 16 Mar 2019
at 15:39
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Andrew looks at Angrboda in relief "See that Knife, no need for your blood. You know why your here right? Cause you escaped, No need for you to bother." a weak smile crosses his face. "We just need to know how to get out of here and anyone can ask that, Right?" He looks at all those stranded on the plateau. "Heck, even I can ask that." Glancing at Justin "Other than that we know what we need to know about the basic situation, Right!" He stresses the last word as he narrows his vision on Justin.

"Oh yes, yes right, Just how to get out of here." Justin makes a nice show of agreeing with Andrew.

The constant rage behind Not-Khazim's eyes dull a bit at the reassurances as he snarls and walks off, apparently satisfied that he does not need to take part of the ceremony.
Viktor
 player, 797 posts
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 23:29
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Puts out his arm ready to give blood until Berta makes a comment about his blood. Nods and laughs as he watches the ladies call this oracle.
Berta
 player, 569 posts
 of Ilmiora
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 04:55
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
"How to get out of here," Berta nods, repeating the words of Andrew and Justin not so much for clarification as in relief that Not-Khazim has been mollified, if only temporarily.

"I wouldn't mind knowing where we might find the controller," the warrior-woman adds, but much more quietly, her voice low so that the Knife in her friend's form does not hear her, "but first things first."

She looks to Angrboda, indicating her readiness, following the Melnibonean's directions, grinning sideways at Viktor.
The Grey Lords
 GM, 832 posts
 The Cosmic Balance
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 12:11
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Andrew looks over the assembled people and then towards the corrupted party member Not-Khazim. "Hey big fella, lets go check around the plateau and make sure nothing else is going to surprise us." Andrew grabs a pack of things and his walking stick. Pointing with his walking stick to one of the further away pieces of ruin near the edge of the mountaintop he begins to head in that direction.
Angrboda
 player, 585 posts
Mon 25 Mar 2019
at 16:00
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
"I would prefer it if Berta and Viktor both contributed, Magic works differently here, and if the demon becomes hostile I would prefer knowing for a fact that you two can interact with it." she says with a smile, "So, everyone who wants too, come over here." she indicates where they should be standing.
Berta
 player, 570 posts
 of Ilmiora
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 13:56
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
So interact means more than just talking, if Berta takes Angrboda's meaning correctly.  Viktor might be the last person she'd want conversing with this Oracle ... but she'd be grateful to have the big Pan Tangian at her side if it came to an argument where sharp metal edges held sway.

"You get to be blooded after all," the warrior-woman smiles at her companion, beckoning him follow her as she follows Angrboda's directions, sparing a casual glance at Andrew's attempt to lead Not-Khazim away.
Viktor
 player, 799 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 17:26
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Nods and smiles at Berta. Gets his mighty axe out, just in case this demon wants to be left alone. Puts out his hand to have blood drawn. Take my blood but be gentle.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:55, Fri 29 Mar.

Angrboda
 player, 586 posts
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 17:16
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
"Oh, because of your adherence to Law, I am going to have to take your whole hand Viktor." Angrboda says with a sardonic smile as she moves slowly to collect the blood needed for the ritual.  When she gets to the large warrior she giggles a bit, "Ready big guy?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:48, Sat 30 Mar.

Viktor
 player, 800 posts
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 19:58
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Believers Angrboda is kidding and keeps his held out. I have something bigger then my hand. Plus it might be hard to swing with one hand. Chuckles and looks away as she gets ready to draw blood.
Berta
 player, 571 posts
 of Ilmiora
Sat 30 Mar 2019
at 05:49
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
Berta is not entirely convinced that Angrboda's threat is but playful ... even the almost girlish laugh that escapes the Melnibonean seems to her ears to have more the ring of madness than of humour.

But she trusts Viktor - if not to always do what she always would like, then at least to do exactly as she expects - and the Pan Tangian's banter in return suffices to allay her fears.

The warrior-woman leaves her blade in its sheathe, thinking her metal gloves less threatening but almost as effective should it come to it, offering her forearm to the knife of the sorceress when it is her turn to be bled.
Angrboda
 player, 587 posts
Sat 30 Mar 2019
at 18:52
The Whispering Sea - The Oracle and the Sea
"Yesd, I am well aware of the size of your mouth." Angrboda jokes back, "But I am thinking that trying to chew a demon to death might not be the best way." taking her dagger she deftly slices the mans arm, small enough that it shouldn't effect his combat abilities, and gathers the blood she needs.  "There, done you big baby." she chides, noting his head turning away.