2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: archive 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1661 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 19:03
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The Bullywug Gambit (Dungeon #140)
Chapter One: Kraken's Cove

The party says good bye to a disbelieving Rodolfo - the captain continues to shake his head and proclaim them mad throughout the entire process of them departing via one of the longboats - and are taken to the thin beach below the cliff. The Thyatian sailor promises that he and the crew will wait on The Blue Nixie for at least 24 hours for the party's return.

Once they reach the shore they begin a slippery climb up a step creek bed that in places is more like a waterfall. It takes almost an hour to reach the top, and they are only able to make it that quickly due to the strong silvery moonlight that from the full moon above and with the guidance that Kassius provides. The hunter has to move ahead in many spots and throw down a rope so they others can follow safely.

At the top of the cliff they find that the jungle is alive with the noises of the hot tropical night. Kassius feels uneasy - it seems that the creatures are unnerved and unsettled by something - but they begin the walk south anyway, their destination now marked by thick plumes of smoke rising into the dark sky which are so thick they sometimes blot out the moon. They use as little light as they dare without risking walking off the cliff-face. (What are the party using for light sources now they are 4th level?)

About a mile from Kraken's Cove the jungle changes dramatically. They smell a terrible stench that is a combination of open sewer, rotten eggs and sulphurous volcano. This is no doubt coming from the wispy green fog that is now curly around their legs. The jungle from that point on is eerily silent, even the noise of the wind in the palm trees seems to be dampened. Kassius and Kibeti are in the lead and abruptly signal for the party to stop. A second later the reason is clear - smeared across the path are the remains of several monkeys - it appears that they have been torn apart.

Weapons are drawn, spells are readied and the party continues. More dismembered monkeys are passed, then birds with their wings and heads ripped off, and other brutalised animals. Something very horrible happened here.

They see the glow from the fires in Kraken's Cove long before they get to the edge of the cliff overlooking the little harbour, and hear the roar of a huge fire. Holding their hands or the edges of cloaks across their faces to guard against the stench, the party reach the edge and look down tentatively. And look into hell.

An inferno rages atop the water. In the sheltered harbour 60' below them, many ships are ablaze, just how many exactly is hidden by the thick plumes of smoke that rise into the sky. It appears that the water itself is on fire, or at least a shiny thick slick om the surface of it is, creating a wall of wood and flame. The heat rises in searing sheets, and the roar of the flaming maelstrom is so loud that it is difficult to communicate with each other. Through periodic gaps in the smoke the party can see a small beach and two cave entrances. The entire harbour has the pall of the green mist cast over it, although this is being quickly dispersed by the terrible fire.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:04, Mon 11 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1662 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 19:10
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Well, the map hardly captures the drama of the description, but isn't that always the way? The party is in the bottom left corner.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:19, Mon 11 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1663 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 19:18
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The party is about 60' above the surface of the water and the nearby beach. The cliffs around the cove are shear, but Logan sees that they feature numerous handholds. (DC15 climb check, but fall into the water if you fail, I will roll to see which 10' segment you fall from).

There is also a rickety wooden walkway descending from the cliff down to the beach below. The slippery, narrow surface could be navigated if taken carefully, and the wooden walkway has not yet been touched by the fire. (DC10 acrobatics check, fall into the water if you fail. If you have acrobatics trained, then you could make a dive check as below if you wanted)

Or you could just dive into the water. Alohan judges that the water is deep enough (20') that a well performed dive could be done safely. (DC20 acrobatics check, 2d3 nonlethal + 2d6 normal damage if you belly flop).
Angati
 PC, 528 posts
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 07:55
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati decides to remove her armor to be able to take the walkway down without much fear of falling. "I hope we will have the time once down there to put it back on... I might need some help for that to do it quickly". She removes the armor leaving her with some thick cotton made plain garments, and stocks everything into her backpack as Omi watches with interest.

OOC: I believe else I get a -6 because of armor to the acrobatics check.
08:54, Today: Angati rolled 14 using 1d20+5.  Descend Acrobatics check DC10.

Kassius
 player, 368 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 18/15/13
 Fort+4 | Refl+8 | Will+4
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 13:27
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Are we totally sure we don't want to just scout around from the tops of these cliffs rather than heading down into that inferno?"
Kassius asks doubtfully.
Celene
 player, 836 posts
 Sorcerer 2/Cleric 1
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 14:55
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene had spent the past week contemplating her place at the temple. Her crisis of faith had been driven by the use of her in born powers. She was grateful for the gifts that Wee Jas had bestowed upon her but somehow they seemed lackluster compared to the torrent of energy that hummed beneath her skin and sang through her veins. She tried to meet with Eseriel but the timing never quite worked out.

Word of Angati’s findings came to her before she was truly able to come to grips with duality of her powers. Instead she focused on the task at hand diving in with both feet into the trip to Kraken’s cove. She had kept quiet of the voyage preferring to enjoy the calm that she assumed would quickly descend into madness. The plume of green smoke marked its arrival.

Celene steps carefully through the mass of dismembered animals and stares in awe at the fires raging below them strangely Celene seemed unaffected by the searing heat coming from below.

”I’d prefer to get down there while we can. Whatever caused this will be there.” said the sorceress as she attempted to climb down the cliff face.

11:04, Today: Celene rolled 8 using 1d20-1.  Climb check.

Not good. :(

This message was last edited by the player at 16:50, Wed 13 Apr 2016.

Kassius
 player, 369 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 18/15/13
 Fort+4 | Refl+8 | Will+4
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 15:40
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius nods agreeably, not wishing to split the group. He and Kibeti climb down the walkway easily.

11:39, Today: Kassius rolled 18 using 1d20+7. Kassius (acrobatics).
Kibeti has a +10 to acrobatics, so he automatically succeeds the DC 10 check to go down the walkway.

Logan
 player, 548 posts
 Rogue 3 HP: 13/21
 AC 18/ F1 R7 W3
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 16:23
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan easily makes his way down the rickety stairs, still thinking about the things he saw in the woods on the way here.

"What do you think explains all those animals killed in the woods?  It can't have been from the explosion, and I don't Vanthus was just out for a walk, slaughtering them himself.  Doesn't quite strike me as what he would do.  Do you think something got loose from the ships before the fire could kill it?  Is there something we should be watching out for?

+11 to Acrobatics, impossible for Logan to fail.
Alohan Nuari
 player, 399 posts
 2 Savage Barbarian
 2 Unchnd Martial Artist
Tue 12 Apr 2016
at 23:51
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan had spent the journey in the Blue Nixie's rigging, enjoying his reunion with the sea. This had been his first time hitting the open ocean since leaving the Pearl Islands and he was very much enjoying himself. The salt spray, the breeze- even the bobbing of the Nixie as she carved through the waves was reminding him of simpler times. Responsibilities pulled him back. His duty to his friends, first and foremost. And Lavinia.. that simple, simple woman. To think, he actually wanted to blow her conch.

The Nuari brute remained quiet as they migrated the cliff face. He drew inward, keeping to his pa uma. Once Angati would slip and Alohan would be there. Or Kassius and his loyal companion failed to see the road ahead. Alohan would help spot the way. As the rounded the top, he glanced back to the Nixie, wishing they could be on the sea once more.

As he brought up the rear, Alohan saw the inferno below. "I not be understandin.' Who be settin' ta blaze dere own ships?" Not particularly expecting an answer, Alohan stuck close and began to descend.
Acrobatics: 19:43, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 14 using 1d20+7 ((7)).
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1669 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 16:48
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene:
Celene had spent the past week contemplating her place at the temple. Her crisis of faith had been driven by the use of her in born powers. She was grateful for the gifts that wee Jas had bestowed upon her but somehow they seemed lackluster compared to the torrent of energy that hummed beneath her skin and sang through her veins.


OOC: Heh, heh. Someone is angling to have his stinky cleric level swapped out! :D

The party carefully enter the walkway and begin the decent into the inferno of Kraken's Cove. As they get further and further below the top of the cliffs, they begin to make out more details of what is happening under the smoke and fire. There is a great variety of ships ablaze; a two-masted caravel, a sizeable frigate, a long barge and what might have once been a schooner. Each of them bear the fearsome pirate flag of the Crimson Fleet - a skull and crossbows on a field of crimson. In nautical tradition flying a crimson pennant flag into a battle means 'no quarter asked for nor given'. The Crimson Fleet flies under that flag into every battle.

The walkway is in terrible condition, rotted by the salt air and poorly maintained by the pirates, but the party still manage to almost make it to halfway before the mishap. Celene steps onto a particularly rotted plank and her foot goes all the way through. She instinctively moves her weight back onto the other foot and this slips out from under her. With a shriek she grasps at the walkway by cannot find any purchase (yet ANOTHER construction in this AP with any handrails) - she slips from the structure and falls 40' into the fiery waves below.

More from good luck than skill she manages to enter the water feet first and avoids taking damage. But the breath is still driven from her lungs and she feels like her momentum pushes her way down beneath the surface. From under the water the scene of the burning ships and water above is mottled and almost beautiful, and the light from the fires illuminates the bottom of the harbour. Celene notes that a circular section of harbour bottom about forty feet from shore is entirely barren of life - the rocks and sand gleam, with not a trace of seaweed to be found. She does not have more than a second to think about it before she is clawing to the surface, her lungs bursting for a mouthful of air.

Meanwhile, back on the walkway, the rest of the party are peering down into the burning oil and black waters of the harbour trying to spot Celene. A second later there is a loud *snap* and then Logan calls out and points into the harbour below - the heavy ropes holding a burning caravel have burned through and the ship has wrenched free. The tide is now carrying it quickly towards the west wall of the cove where it is going to smash into the walkway and destroy the section of pathway between them and the beach!

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:13, Wed 13 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1670 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 16:53
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
OOC: Each member of the party on the walkway can:

a) Stay where they are. The floundering vessel will wipe out the section of walkway between them and the beach, but will pass beneath their current spot. Then they can attempt to climb (horizontally) to the beach (DC15 climb check) or jump into the water (DC15 acrobatics check).

b) Run for the beach and try to get past the section which the boat is going to hit. This requires a DC13 acrobatics check. Failure indicates that they are on the exposes section when the boat hits and get knocked off - they take 1d6 damage from the ship hitting and then make the DC15 acrobatics check to avoid damage from the fall.

c) Something else. This is D&D after all so you can come up with something else if you want.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1671 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 17:01
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Meanwhile, Celene reaches the surface and finds herself in a chaotic mix of buring oil, smoke and churning water. She hardly has time to take stock of her situation before she sees a new danger.

Twenty feet in front of her is a three masted caravel, still untouched as yet by fire and some of its sails unfurled to reveal stylized figures of a wyvern - its tail raised over its back as though ready to strike its enemies. This ship is currently in a life or death struggle against a burning barge that has become entangled in its mooring chain. The wyvern decorated ship pulls and strains at its moorings, the stress making its timbers creak and groan so loudly that Celene can hear them over the noise of the blaze. Then the ship manages to drag its anchor a few feet and ship position so that its mooring chain is now pulling across the prow of the barge - with a terrible tearing noise the barge is hulled below the waterline and begins to quickly sink. The wyvern ship seems to rear in triumph and then pivots as it totally pulls clear of its anchor - and turns towards Celene.

The sorceress can't help but admire the ornately carved prow, a winged wyvern swooping in to strike, but then realises that it is bearing down on HER!

OOC: DC10 swim check to get out of the way or take some damage
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1672 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 17:06
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

The Sea Wyvern's Prow
Celene
 player, 840 posts
 Sorcerer 2/Cleric 1
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 18:27
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene takes a deep breath and the dives into the water hoping to move under and past the prow of the oncoming ship. She kicks frantically under the water but her waterlogged backpack drags her back towards the boat and she smacks against it unceremoniously.

14:26, Today: Celene rolled 0 using 1d20-1.  Swim Check.
Angati
 PC, 530 posts
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 19:21
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati again surprises everyone, even herself as she launches on a desperate run down the railing, sure footed as a rat fleeing a fire. She hoped she wouldn't get too separated from her friends, and sent her best wishes down to Celene, but her armour in the backpack was not a good thing for her if she wanted to swim... leaving just running as her only option.

20:18, Today: Angati rolled 21 using 1d20+5.  Acrobatics DC 13.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:21, Wed 13 Apr 2016.

Logan
 player, 549 posts
 Rogue 3 HP: 13/21
 AC 18/ F1 R7 W3
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 19:38
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Watching the ship approaching the delicate walkway, Logan throws all concerns about everything except reaching ground safely to the winds.  Taking a running start, the rogue dashes over the rickety bridge, leaping at the last moment as the vessel collides with the cliff face, barely avoiding the explosion of splinters.  Logan takes a few more strides to regain complete control, then looks back to check the status of his companions.

15:36, Today: Logan rolled 22 using 1d20+11.  Acrobatics.
Kassius
 player, 370 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 18/15/13
 Fort+4 | Refl+8 | Will+4
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 19:50
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Swift Action: Kassius activates animal focus, changing Kibeti's to tiger (+2 dex), and his to frog (+4 acrobatics to jump, swim)

At Kassius' urging, Kibeti runs down the rickety walkway. The cat hesitates a bit, wondering why Kassius isn't following, but even with the hesitation makes it across with time to spare.

15:47, Today: Kibeti rolled 14 using 1d20+11. acrobatics.

Kassius himself, sees Celene floundering, and leaps into the water after her, attempting to catch her and bullrush her past the ship and to safety.


I don't know if that's actually possible, but he's trying it anyways! I'm assuming I need the acrobatics check to dive into the water, and then a swim check to drag both myself and Celene to safety.
15:49, Today: Kassius rolled 28,23 using 1d20+11,1d20+7.  acrobatics (jump), swim.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 400 posts
 2 Savage Barbarian
 2 Unchnd Martial Artist
Wed 13 Apr 2016
at 22:56
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene's plummet into the water froze him in fear. He had no idea if she could swim -and while she wasn't as armored as Angati- he still knew she'd have a hard go of it. It didn't take him long to realize what he needed to do. "Get ta de beach!" he hollered over the inferno. It would seem as if his companions didn't need his urging -most were halfway down the walkway!

Alohan threw himself off the slippery timbers and attempted to tighten up into a dive. It had been some time since he was back on the Pearl Islands and his form was quite comical. Instead of straightening and making himself small, the Nuari man landed promptly on his butt. Over the raging inferno, his KAPLONK could be heard echoing off the cavern walls! Even his ensuing splash was a thing of beauty.

Once within the water, Alohan wasted no time diving underneath the caravel. With a few quick strokes, he was enroute to Celene.
Acrobatics: 18:43, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 14 using 1d20+7.  Dive into the Water.
Damage: 18:44, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 5,6 using 2d3,2d6 ((2,3,2,4))
Swim: 18:48, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 25 using 1d20+7 ((18)) Swim to Move Out the Way.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1673 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 15:51
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene tries unsuccessfully to dive under the ship but her backpack gets tangled up in one of the iron plates of the prow, dragging her along and bashing her against the underside of the ship (2hp damage). Both of the backpack straps hold firm and the sorceress realises she is trapped under the surface until she can free herself.

Fortunately, a second later she feels strong hands wresting her back free from the plating, and another set guiding her to the surface. When she finally pops above the water and takes in a choking lungful of air, she sees Alohan and Kassius on either side of her - the two men had dived into the water and come to her aid.

OOC: Just as well too, since I was going to make Celene make an acrobatics check each round until she passed and take 1d6 damage each time. Alohan takes 5 hp hp non-lethal damage for his efforts (but no lethal damage - he only jumped in from 40' ft, not 60'). All three of them are now 12 squares (60') from the shore. Note that this bay counts as 'rough' water so requires a DC15 swim check if you want to move at more than quarter speed.

As the three of them look towards the shore through the swirling flames, they see that their comrades on the beach are now under attack.

Logan, Angati and Kibeti make it to the fifty-foot-wide beach that separates the burning waters of Kraken's Cove from the cliffs to the north. Swirls of the stinky green mist are still in the process of clearing out. Behind them the central section of the walkway is now nothing more than a length of shattered wooden supports, and the fire plagued two masted caravel that caused the damage is now in the process of sinking to the bottom.

OOC: NB, the two masted caravel that smashed into the walkway is not the same ship as the three masted caravel that tried to squish Celene.


Just in front of them a ten-foot-wide cave opens at the base of the cliff while to the east several planks provide a crude bridge across a tide pool to a second, smaller cave entrance. The beach is covered in swaths of blood and ragged body parts strewn across the sand, testifying to a terrible and recent battle here. Broken crates and bamboo cages litter the area, with blood and bits of bone sprayed across bolts of colourful silks and cracked barrels of ambergris slowly allowing their precious contents to sink into the coarse, rocky sand. A number of mangled naked corpses, each stripped nearly clean of flesh, and with bones cracked open, lie strewn about the beach. The casualties are staggering, with a quick count putting the dead at nearly twenty.

As the rogue, oracle and animal companion leave the walkway, several gibbering menaces rise up from their hiding place among the wreckage and charge. Logan takes the first two attacks from creatures that may have once been men, but are now, with their grey skin, strangely flopping arms and legs, and vacant-eyed vestigial heads hanging from their necks, anything but. Yet, perhaps worst of all, are the creatures' mouths; the cavernous red wounds in their twisted faces are filled with a disjointed landscape of teeth that can be designed for only one thing - the tearing of flesh from bone.

Logan manages to keep away from savage biting heads, but the savage pirates also attack with their short swords and one catches Logan in the side (6hp).
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1674 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 15:57
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
ROUND ONE - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP: 20/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 2: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 3: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 4: <MF NOT USED>

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
None


ROUND ONE - START OF PLAYERS' TURN

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:04, Thu 14 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1675 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 15:59
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Battle map at start of players' turn 1
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1676 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 16:04
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Savage Pirate
Kassius
 player, 372 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 18/15/13
 Fort+4 | Refl+8 | Will+4
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 17:25
2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius can only barely make out what's going on at the beach, but he can hear the shouts of combat and Logan's cry of pain upon being wounded. He calls out an order for Kibeti to attack, trusting the cat to know who its foe is.

"Drink this" Kassius curtly tells Celene, fishing through his pockets for a potions vial and offering it to the sorceress. Then, he swims directly towards the pier, just trying to get on dry land so he can take out his bow.

Kibeti meanwhile steps forward and attacks one of the strange attackers, biting and clawing again and again.


Kassius
13:21, Today: Kassius rolled 23 using 1d20+7.  swim (1/4 speed).
Free Action: Command Kibeti to attack.
Move Action: Draw elixir of swimming, give to Celene.
Standard Action:<b> Swim 10 ft, should get me up on the pier, unless that was destroyed?

<b>HP
: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs:Animal Focus (frog) (round 2/10)

Kibeti
13:23, Today: Kibeti rolled 17,25,23,4,8,3 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+2,1d6+2,1d6+2.  13:23, Today: Kibeti rolled 19,5 using 1d20+5,1d6+2.  claw confirm crit.
Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Five foot step up to Savage Pirate 2
<b>Full Round Action:
Full Attack.

HP: 28/28AC 19(20), Saves+6/+8(+9)/+3
Current Animal Focus: Tiger(+2 dex)
Current Buffs:none!
</Orange>
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1682 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 17:58
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius:
Standard Action: Swim 10 ft, should get me up on the pier, unless that was destroyed?


That isn't a pier, it is the walkway which is 40' above the surface of the water, and also just got destroyed. I'll say you swam towards the beach. Also, you only go 5' since your quarter move gets rounded down.

Kibeti savages savage pirate 2 - actually tearing off an arm.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:59, Thu 14 Apr 2016.

Celene
 player, 844 posts
 Sorcerer 2/Cleric 1
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 18:01
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene takes the potion and drinks it but is unable to make any progress towards the beach.

Standard Action: Drink Potion.

Also Celene is down 2 HP which is not on the list above.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1683 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 18:05
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene:
Also Celene is down 2 HP which is not on the list above.


Thanks, made the edit.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:05, Thu 14 Apr 2016.

Logan
 player, 550 posts
 Rogue 3 HP: 13/21
 AC 18/ F1 R7 W3
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 19:20
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
For a split second, Logan could merely stare at the monstrosities bearing down the beach at them.  "What. The. Frak. ARE THOSE THINGS?" was all the rogue could manage to splutter before they were on him, and then the snapping teeth and stinging swords broke him out of his brief reverie.

Logan dodged to the side, stepping between the monsters to get behind them, his honed instincts taking over.  "Angati, flank them with me!  Er, you too, Kibeti, if you can understand me."

Drawing his weapons, Logan attacked the pirate-monsters to no effect, his distracted mind countering his determination.

5' Step to the north-east.  Two-Weapon fighting vs Pirate 1 (not that it matters)
15:17, Today: Logan rolled 5 using 1d20+4.  Short Sword Attack.
15:17, Today: Logan rolled 8 using 1d20+6.  Rapier Attack.

HP: 21/21 AC: 19/14/15 F2 R9 W4
Abilities: Invisibility (Not Used)

Angati
 PC, 531 posts
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 19:48
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati was just absorbing the dantesque scene barely able to believe what her eyes saw when the shark monstrosities attacked, she remembered the tales of a certain Captain Jack Sparrow and the adventures that her sister used to tell her about him when they were younger... back then these creatures had been just products of her fantasy, now... they were quite real.

"Will do what I can" said Angati as she brought up her shield, concentrated for a moment making her shape blur a bit and tried to position herself where Logan instructed


Free : | Swft : bring up shield | Move :  To flanking | Stnd : Blur
Ok so my AC now sucks big time :)

[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 38 |  AC: 15 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Bless, Time Flicker (Blur)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 4/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Alohan Nuari
 player, 401 posts
 2 Savage Barbarian
 2 Unchnd Martial Artist
Thu 14 Apr 2016
at 22:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan surfaced shortly after Kassius and Celene, not aware that Kassius had jumped down after him (or was it before?). Now, three of their numbers were halfway out to sea while the rest were being mauled by pele knows what. He treaded water, watching as Kassius gave her an elixir, severe regretting his decision to jump down. He was needed on the beach, not in the ocean. Regardless, he bobbed in the water for a few precious seconds before turning to swim towards his foes.
'Frak,' he thought to himself.
Swim: 18:28, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 9 using 1d20+7 ((2)) Swim to Beach -Not sure on failure?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1684 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 15:20
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius uses a move action to swim to shore, makes his swim check and moves quarter speed (15' rounded down = 5')

Alohan uses a full round action to swim to shore, misses his swim check and moves quarter speed (10' since he has a base move speed of 40')

Celene spends her round drinking the potion.

Logan misses the savage pirate, Angati turtles up.

ROUND ONE - END OF PLAYERS' TURN
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP: 20/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 2: <MF NOT USED> -19
Savage Pirate 3: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 4: <MF NOT USED>

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
None


ROUND TWO - START OF OPONENTS' TURN
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1685 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 15:28
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The combat on the beach is now a swirling melee with the two sides mixed in with each other. Logan has indeed managed to flank one of the mutated savage pirates with Angati's help, but in the process has opened himself up to flanking and this is immediately taken advantage of - even though the pirates are consumed with bestial rage and a craving for fresh flesh, they seem to retain enough of their former consciousness to use their old abilities. One of the creatures now flanking Logan shows this by waiting unit Logan's guard is down and leaping up to bite his neck (14hp).

The rogue is attacked in the exact same spot where they iron cobra bit him in the Vanderboren vault - and one again he feels the flush of heat as a poison courses through his system. (DC14 fort save pls)

The remaining savage pirate attacks Angati and misses despite her lack of armour.

ROUND TWO - END OF OPPENENTS' TURN
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP:  6/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 2: <MF NOT USED> -19
Savage Pirate 3: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 4: <MF NOT USED>

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
None


ROUND TWO - START OF PLAYERS' TURN

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:29, Fri 15 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1686 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 15:32
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Updated map
Alohan Nuari
 player, 402 posts
 2 Savage Barbarian
 2 Unchnd Martial Artist
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 15:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The inferno raging close by was enough to give him caution. The overbearing heat, the sound of splintering wood, and the fact his companions were in danger broke his concentration. The waves pushed against Alohan and he struggled with his form. Up and down, Alohan bobbed, as he practically forced his way through the ocean. What he couldn't do with skill, he did with raw power.

 Swim: 13 -this dice roller. I swears. Anyway, posting from work so check it out.
Celene
 player, 845 posts
 Sorcerer 2/Cleric 1
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 16:46
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene continues to flounder in the water making little progress.

12:46, Today: Celene rolled 12 using 1d20+9.  Swim Check.
Logan
 player, 551 posts
 Rogue 3 HP: 13/21
 AC 18/ F1 R7 W3
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 18:37
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan screams as the pirate's bite hits home.  "In the neck!  Ah, of all the places.  I swear, the things I end up going through for this job."

Logan swipes at the pirate-monster in front of him with his short sword, which misses, but distracts the pirate from a well-aimed blow with his rapier.  "Ha!  Try that on!"

Keeping his injured neck away from the pirates, Logan stepped back as he felt the effects of the poison begin to work.

TWF Fighting vs Pirate 2.  Hits for 20 damage.
Status Effect: Disoriented.  -2 on all attacks, -4 vs Logan
Missed Fort Save
5 Foot Step to SW, directly north of Kibeti

14:32, Today: Logan rolled 20 using 3d6+5.  Rapier Damage.
14:32, Today: Logan rolled 8 using 1d20+6.  Short Sword, TWF, Flanking.
14:31, Today: Logan rolled 18 using 1d20+8.  Rapier, TWF, Flanking.

14:36, Today: Logan rolled 12 using 1d20+2.  Fort Save.

HP: 6/21 AC: 19/14/15 F2 R9 W4
Abilities: Invisibility (Not Used)

Kassius
 player, 374 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 18/15/13
 Fort+4 | Refl+8 | Will+4
Fri 15 Apr 2016
at 19:09
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius continues swimming along, making decent but slow progress.

Kibeti meanwhile continues making his own attacks. Blood and guts go flying as the great cat savages its foes.


Kassius
15:05, Today: Kassius rolled 16 using 1d20+7.  swim check.
Full Round Action: Swim to shore. Since the check succeeded, do I go at half speed (15 ft?)

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Animal Focus (frog) 3/10 rounds

Kibeti
15:07, Today: Kibeti rolled 22,6 using 1d20+5,1d6+2.  confirm crit.
15:06, Today: Kibeti rolled 18,9,25,4,3,5 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+2,1d6+2,1d6+2.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Full Round Action:  Full Attack 2 (if he drops, five foot step up and continue attack on number 1 instead.

HP: 28/28AC 19(20), Saves+6/+8(+9)/+3
Current Animal Focus: Tiger(+2 dex)
Current Buffs:none!
</Orange>
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1687 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 16 Apr 2016
at 07:17
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
All three of the party members in the water continue swimming steadily for the shore (with a full round action). Kassius passes his swim check and moves half speed (15'). Alohan fails his swim check and moves quarter speed (10') and Celene fails her swim check and moves quarter speed (5').

Logan takes full advantage of the flanking attack on savage pirate 2 and shoves his rapier through its heart. The rogue is happy to note that the thing definitely still does have a beating heart and it is still in the same spot, because the creature instantly goes limp. But a split second later it spasms in a series of death throes and impales itself further on his blade as it seeks to bite him. Fortunately, Logan is able to quickly kick it off the end of his blade, and the creature falls back in a tangled heap of rubbery, scaly gray limbs...

...and then explodes in a fountain of stinking green acid which sprays over everyone within five feet of its corpse. Logan, Angati and Kibeti are all three caught in the spray, as are the three remaining savage pirates - but they just shrug off the sizzling green acid running down their bodies. With dismay, Logan notes that in the spot where the corpse was is now a puddle of bubbling fluorescent green chemical (you'll take some acid damage if you move through this square - I'll mark it on the map). Logan moves to the SW to get out of the flanking attacks.

OOC: L, A & k please make a DC15 reflex save or take 1d6 acid damage. Please roll for the damage yourselves if you fail the save.

Ignoring the acid, Kibeti steps forward (5' step to SE) and savages savage pirate 4 (15 hp damage).

Angati still to play.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:18, Sat 16 Apr 2016.

Angati
 PC, 532 posts
Sat 16 Apr 2016
at 13:45
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati felt the acid burn through her clothes and bite her skin "What are these things ?" she said as she brought her concentration inwards, trying to reach the flow of time and bringing a weapon shaped like a gauntlet that threw itself against the thing in front of her hitting it squarely on its face.


Free : | Swft :  | Move :  | Stnd : Spiritual Weapon

Attacking nº4.
(taking a license here, I used Charisma instead of Wisdom for the attack, I did not notice this while selecting the spell, it does not say casting ability but Wisdom.. This is played with casting ability rather than wisdom in most groups but we hadn't talked about this so whatever you want... it would change the to hit to +4 still a hit.

15:43, Today: Angati rolled 24,8 using 1d20+7,1d8+2.  Spiritual weapon attack.
15:36, Today: Angati rolled 23 using 1d20+8.  Cast defensively DC 15.
15:28, Today: Angati rolled 3 using 1d6.  Acid Dmg.
15:28, Today: Angati rolled 10 using 1d20+4.  DC 15 Ref save.

[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 35 |  AC: 15 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Blur, Spiritual weapon (1/4)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 3/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Logan
 player, 552 posts
 Rogue 3 HP: 13/21
 AC 18/ F1 R7 W3
Sat 16 Apr 2016
at 17:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan barely avoided the spray of acid that came from the skewered pirate.  "Ah!  Well, I'll be fracked!  They're just as dangerous getting killed!"

13:33, Today: Logan rolled 16 using 1d20+9.  DC 15 Reflex.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1688 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 16 Apr 2016
at 18:53
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati:
Attacking nº4.
(taking a license here, I used Charisma instead of Wisdom for the attack, I did not notice this while selecting the spell, it does not say casting ability but Wisdom.. This is played with casting ability rather than wisdom in most groups but we hadn't talked about this so whatever you want... it would change the to hit to +4 still a hit.


I absolutely agree. When the spell description was written, the idea of a non-cleric casting the spell was not considered. Using your prime requisite (charisma) is the correct thing to do.


I see that I messed up and Kibeti was meant to attack SP1 - never mind, the battlemap is nearly symmetrical so it doesn't make much difference.

Angati slays the savage pirate, as Kibeti had already greatly weakened, and it also launches a vicious series of bite attacks in its death throes. But the oracle is ready and holds it at bay with her shield until the creature collapses... and then it explodes into a geyser of frothing green acid.

OOC: DC15 reflex save from Angati and Kibeti or 1d6 damage, roll for damage yourselves if you fail.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1689 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 16 Apr 2016
at 19:13
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
ROUND TWO - END OF PLAYERS' TURN
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP:  6/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 35/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 2: DEAD
Savage Pirate 3: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 4: DEAD

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
Angati has spiritual weapon until end of players' round five


NB: Note that Kibeti and Angati still need to make saves vs the acid attack from SP4

ROUND THREE - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:17, Sat 16 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1690 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 16 Apr 2016
at 19:17
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The two remaining savage pirates step forward, one of them into the bubbling remains of his comrade, and continue to focus on Logan - fortunately all four of their attacks miss.

ROUND THREE - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP:  6/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 35/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 2: DEAD
Savage Pirate 3: <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 4: DEAD

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
Angati has spiritual weapon until end of players' round five


NB: Note that Kibeti and Angati still need to make saves vs the acid attack from SP4

ROUND THREE - START OF PLAYERS' TURN
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1691 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 16 Apr 2016
at 19:20
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Angati
 PC, 533 posts
Sat 16 Apr 2016
at 19:25
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati saw the corpse starting to bubble and covered herself with the shield, avoiding to get hit by acid splash. Then, she turned, instructing the gauntlet to strike the nearest shark thing, and following suit with a very well aimed morningstar hit that stroke the thing right on its head.


Free : | Swft :  | Move : Spiritual Weapon | Stnd : attack

21:22, Today: Angati rolled 9,6 using 1d20+4,1d8+1.  Critical hit confirmation + dmg.
21:21, Today: Angati rolled 24,4 using 1d20+4,1d8+1.  Morningstar attack.
21:20, Today: Angati rolled 16,5 using 1d20+7,1d8+2.  Spiritual Hammer Attack.
21:19, Today: Angati rolled 21 using 1d20+4.  Ref save DC15.

[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 35 |  AC: 15 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Blur, Spiritual weapon (2/4)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 3/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Kassius
 player, 375 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 18/15/13
 Fort+4 | Refl+8 | Will+4
Sun 17 Apr 2016
at 01:44
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kibeti dodges the worst of the acid, although even the few drops the fall on him sizzle harmlessly, something about his magical nature ignoring the acid. Instead, the cat advances forward, attacking another foe. This time however, the cat is considerably less successful.

Kassius meanwhile continues to make good speed, his magically webbed hands and feet allowing him to move with amphibious ease.


21:41, Today: Kassius rolled 17 using 1d20+7.  swim check.

Kassius
Full Round Action: Swim 15 feet

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Animal Focus(frog) 4/10 rounds
21:38, Today: Kibeti rolled 26 using 1d20+9.  reflex save.
21:40, Today: Kibeti rolled 11,15,14,5,3,3 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+2,1d6+2,1d6+2.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Did I only have to make one reflex save, or two? Note also that Kibeti has acid resistance 5, so even failing the save wouldn't have been that bad.

Kibeti
Full Round Action:  five foot step, attack number 3

HP: 28/28AC 19(20), Saves+6/+8(+9)/+3
Current Animal Focus: Tiger(+2 dex)
Current Buffs:none!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1692 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 17 Apr 2016
at 15:03
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati hits one of the savages with her morning star, but her magical hammer misses

yes, you missed with 16!

Kibeti misses with all of his attacks

Only one save vs the acid needed, since he was out of range of the first attack.

Kassius makes good progress swimming to the shore.
Celene
 player, 847 posts
 Sorcerer 2/Cleric 1
Sun 17 Apr 2016
at 15:54
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene continued to make little progress through the choppy water.

11:53, Today: Celene rolled 11 using 1d20+9.  Swim check
Alohan Nuari
 player, 404 posts
 2 Savage Barbarian
 2 Unchnd Martial Artist
Mon 18 Apr 2016
at 19:33
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan found his edge. As he muscled through the swells, he was able to ride a current effectively, catapulting him towards the shore. He pushed all other distractions aside, focused on his breathing, and glided towards the beach. 
 Swim: 26 -!! some progress!
Logan
 player, 553 posts
 Rogue 3 HP: 13/21
 AC 18/ F1 R7 W3
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 14:38
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan steps behind one of the ex-pirates and tries to skewer it with both of his weapons while it is distracted by Angati's attacks.

As the pirate evaded his blows, Logan fumed.  "Anyone have any idea what these things are?  Vanthus certainly meets some unsavory...people-things."

5 Foot Step to NE, Flanking #3 with Angati
TWF Fighting vs Pirate 3.  Both attacks miss.

10:36, Today: Logan rolled 7 using 1d20+6.  Short Sword Attack, TWF, Flanking.
10:36, Today: Logan rolled 16 using 1d20+8.  Rapier Attack, TWF, Flanking.


HP: 6/21 AC: 19/14/15 F2 R9 W4
Abilities: Invisibility (Not Used)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1694 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 16:07
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
ROUND THREE - END OF PLAYERS' TURN
ROUND THREE - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN

The two remaining savage pirates maneuver so that Logan is flanked, then one jumps forward and ripped Logan's neck open with a massive bite (critical hit). Angati grimaces and finds another reality but it isn't much better. The brute still manages to bite Logan (6hp damage) and the rogue is staggered, barely conscious on his feet.

The other pirate gives an inhuman snarl and steps forward, cutting into Kibeti's side with his short sword (6 hp damage).

The two remaining savage pirates step forward, one of them into the bubbling remains of his comrade, and continue to focus on Logan - fortunately all four of their attacks miss.

ROUND FOUR - START OF PLAYERS' TURN
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP:  0/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 35/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 22/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: <MF USED>
Savage Pirate 2: DEAD
Savage Pirate 3: <MF USED> -4
Savage Pirate 4: DEAD

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
Angati has spiritual weapon until end of players' round five

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:07, Tue 19 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1695 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 16:10
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:12, Tue 19 Apr 2016.

Angati
 PC, 534 posts
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 16:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati turned onto the Shark thing next to Kibeti swinging her morningstar with force and concentrating just enough on the conjured gauntlet to strike again on the shark thing.


Free : | Swft :  | Move : Spiritual Weapon | Stnd : attack

18:32, Today: Angati rolled 16,3 using 1d20+4,1d8+1.  Morningstar attack.
18:32, Today: Angati rolled 20,9 using 1d20+7,1d8+2.  Spiritual Hammer Attack.

I am not sure if there is flanking to be applied on 1, if there is, both attacks would hit, otherwise its only 9hp dmg I think

[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 35 |  AC: 15 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Blur, Spiritual weapon (3/4)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 3/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Logan
 player, 554 posts
 Rogue 3 HP: 13/21
 AC 18/ F1 R7 W3
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 17:01
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Reeling from the force of the blows, Logan suddenly vanishes from view.  Now invisible, he takes a step back.

Swift: Become invisible
Move: 5' step to NW


HP: 0/21 AC: 19/14/15 F2 R9 W4
Abilities: Invisibility (Used, round 1/12)

This message was last edited by the player at 18:31, Tue 19 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1696 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 18:18
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In reply to Logan (msg # 53):

Ha! Lucky you landed right on zero rather than below.


@Beni, no, SP1 doesn't have flanking applied to it.


Angati lands a good blow on one of the creatures with her spiritual hammer.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:20, Tue 19 Apr 2016.

Logan
 player, 555 posts
 Rogue 3 HP: 13/21
 AC 18/ F1 R7 W3
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 18:32
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Dungeon Master:
In reply to Logan (msg # 53):

Ha! Lucky you landed right on zero rather than below.


@Beni, no, SP1 doesn't have flanking applied to it.


Angati lands a good blow on one of the creatures with her spiritual hammer.

Eh, gotta take the risks or you'll never hit it big!  But yeah, definitely time to retreat and spend a round healing.
Celene
 player, 848 posts
 Sorcerer 2/Cleric 1
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 18:43
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene finally recalls what little instruction she had in swimming and remembers to kick her legs while also using her arms. The sorceress finally begins to make progress.

14:42, Today: Celene rolled 20 using 1d20+9.  Swim check.
Kassius
 player, 376 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 18/15/13
 Fort+4 | Refl+8 | Will+4
Tue 19 Apr 2016
at 19:44
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius continues to make solid progress towards shore.

Kibeti yowls in displeasure at the sheer effrontery of the foe that dared to strike at him. He attempts to return the favor, but the creature dodges one claw attack, and a desperate thrust of his blade prevents Kibeti from sinking his teeth into the foe. Still, as the cat dances out of the way of the attack, his second claw rakes the man's back for some damage.


15:38, Today: Kassius rolled 25 using 1d20+7.  swim check.

Kassius
Full Round Action: Swim 15 feet

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Animal Focus(frog) 5/10 rounds
15:40, Today: Kibeti rolled 12,14,19,3,8,6 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+2,1d6+2,1d6+2.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
(1 hit for 6 damage)

Kibeti
Full Round Action:  Full Attack 1

HP: 28/28AC 19(20), Saves+6/+8(+9)/+3
Current Animal Focus: Tiger(+2 dex)
Current Buffs:none!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1697 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 05:51
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan:
Eh, gotta take the risks or you'll never hit it big!  But yeah, definitely time to retreat and spend a round healing.


Is that a cricket metaphor?

Celene manages to swim forwards 15', but realizes with dismay that she is going to be far to late to the battle to be any help. Kassius also makes 15' - he'll make it to shore next round if he continues with his progress. Alohan suddenly gets a cramp in on of his calf muscle (Sorry, but I rolled for you Ron). He only manages to swim 10' this round, but can still make the shore next round if he can push past the pain.

ROUND FOUR - END OF PLAYERS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP:  0/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 35/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 22/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: <MF USED> -9 -6
Savage Pirate 2: DEAD
Savage Pirate 3: <MF USED> -4
Savage Pirate 4: DEAD

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
Angati has spiritual weapon until end of players' round five


ROUND FIVE - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1698 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 05:56
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The savage pirate attacking Kibeti keeps hammering away and scores another hit with his shortsword (6hp damage). The one that was attacking Logan roars when the rogue disappears. He steps up to attack Angati instead but somehow misses despite her not having any armor on.

Uugh! I am so sick and tired of this combat!

ROUND FIVE - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP:  0/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 35/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 16/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: <MF USED> -9 -6
Savage Pirate 2: DEAD
Savage Pirate 3: <MF USED> -4
Savage Pirate 4: DEAD

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
Angati has spiritual weapon until end of players' round five


ROUND FIVE - START OF PLAYERS' TURN

FYI Beni, this is the last round that Angati has the spiritual weapon for.
Angati
 PC, 536 posts
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 06:22
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Probably it was the sight of the two monsters turning down on her, but the fact was that Angati felt a sudden realisation of how close to her demise she would be if her friends didn't get there soon... without an armor she didn't stand much of a chance of fencing off the two fellows long enough for her friends to arrive.

Angati risked a look behind her to see how they were doing and missed both attacks because of this. The gauntlet, as if being recalled to wherever it had been summoned from in the first place, became translucent disappearing just as it had materialised.


Free : | Swft :  | Move : Spiritual Weapon | Stnd : attack

08:19, Today: Angati rolled 6,4 using 1d20+4,1d8+1.  Attack morningstar.
08:18, Today: Angati rolled 9,8 using 1d20+7,1d8+2.  Spiritual weapon attack.

remember the 20% concealment thanks to Blur.

[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 35 |  AC: 15 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Blur
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 3/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Kassius
 player, 377 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 18/15/13
 Fort+4 | Refl+8 | Will+4
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 12:47
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius sees the shore in sight, and swims faster, trying to help his friends and companion. Instead, he gets a leg stuck in some sort of seaweed and loses precious seconds getting himself untangled.

Kibeti meanwhile is starting to feel the blows, and adapts a more defensive attitude to attacking. He lands only one hit, a glancing blow, but is better positioned to avoid any more attacks.


08:41, Today: Kassius rolled 13 using 1d20+7.  Swim Kassius, Swim!

Kassius
Full Round Action: Swim 5 feet

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Animal Focus(frog) 5/10 rounds
08:43, Today: Kibeti rolled 11,8,20,6,7,4 using 1d20+1,1d20+1,1d20+1,1d6+2,1d6+2,1d6+2.  Full attack Fighting Defensively.

Kibeti
Full Round Action:  Fighting Defensively (+3 AC, -4 to hit)

HP: 16/28AC 19(23), Saves+6/+8(+9)/+3
Current Animal Focus: Tiger(+2 dex)
Current Buffs:none!

Logan
 player, 557 posts
 Rogue 3 HP: 13/21
 AC 18/ F1 R7 W3
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 12:51
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Still invisible, Logan quietly retrieved a healing potion from his pack.  Ordinarily an easy task, the simple action threatened to send the rogue into unconsciousness unless he moved carefully.

Retrieve healing potion from pack

HP: 0/21 AC: 19/14/15 F2 R9 W4
Abilities: Invisibility (Used, round 2/12)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1699 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 15:42
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan and Celene also make their swim checks (sorry, DM rolled) and the native actually makes it to the beach!

ROUND FIVE - END OF PLAYERS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP:  0/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 35/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 16/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: <MF USED> -9 -6 -4
Savage Pirate 2: DEAD
Savage Pirate 3: <MF USED> -4
Savage Pirate 4: DEAD

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
Angati has blur until end of opponents round 13


ROUND SIX - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1700 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 15:48
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The two savage pirates attack - the one on Kibeti misses but the one attacking Angati lands a bite attack (rolled for blur and no luck, MF already used on him - 7hp damage).
[Secret to Angati:
Hi Beni, can I please have a DC14 save made in secret please...
]

ROUND SIX - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP:  0/26 <MF NOT USED> <STAGGERED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 28/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 16/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: <MF USED> -9 -6 -4
Savage Pirate 2: DEAD
Savage Pirate 3: <MF USED> -4
Savage Pirate 4: DEAD

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
Angati has blur until end of opponents round 13


ROUND SIX - START OF PLAYERS' TURN

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:52, Wed 20 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1701 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 15:50
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Okay, let's finish this thing.
Celene
 player, 849 posts
 Sorcerer 2/Cleric 1
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 15:53
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene made one last push for the shore.

11:52, Today: Celene rolled 24 using 1d20+9.  Swim check
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1702 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 15:55
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In reply to Celene (msg # 66):

She makes it and collapses onto the sand of the beach - just in time to watch the combat end presumably!
Angati
 PC, 537 posts
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 17:48
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
PM[Private to GM:
19:48, Today: Secret Roll: Angati rolled 23 using 1d20+4.  Fortitude save DC 14.
]
Kassius
 player, 378 posts
 HP 21/21 | AC 18/15/13
 Fort+4 | Refl+8 | Will+4
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 22:55
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius finally disentangles himself and reaches the shore, shaking himself off and getting to his feet, ready to fight.

Kibeti meanwhile, still in a defensive posture, attacks carefully and deliberately.



18:53, Today: Kassius rolled 18 using 1d20+7.  Swim check.

Kassius
Full Round Action: Reach the shore!

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Animal Focus(frog) 6/10 rounds
18:53, Today: Kibeti rolled 16,14,18,7,6,5 using 1d20+1,1d20+1,1d20+1,1d6+2,1d6+2,1d6+2.  Full attack Fighting Defensively.

Kibeti
Full Round Action:  Fighting Defensively (+3 AC, -4 to hit)

HP: 16/28AC 19(23), Saves+6/+8(+9)/+3
Current Animal Focus: Tiger(+2 dex)
Current Buffs:none!

Logan
 player, 558 posts
 Rogue 3 HP: 13/21
 AC 18/ F1 R7 W3
Thu 21 Apr 2016
at 01:37
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Moving quickly, the invisible thief downed the potion, feeling his wounds knit and his strength return.

Retrieve healing potion from pack

21:37, Today: Logan rolled 12 using 2d8+2.  Healing Potion.


HP: 12/21 AC: 19/14/15 F2 R9 W4
Abilities: Invisibility (Used, round 3/12)

Angati
 PC, 538 posts
Thu 21 Apr 2016
at 06:40
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati attacked again, missing wildly, she then carefully took a step to one side to avoid letting the monster attack her as she moved a bit to one side to leave room for Alohan, and better use her spells in case they were needed.


Free : 5ft to side | Swft :  | Move :  3 steps to the right| Stnd : attack

08:38, Today: Angati rolled 8,6 using 1d20+4,1d8+1.  attack morningstar.
remember the 20% concealment thanks to Blur.

[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 35 |  AC: 15 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Blur
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 3/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1703 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 21 Apr 2016
at 18:24
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius and Celene reach the shore, just in time to see Kibeti score a hit (5hp) on savage pirate 1. The final blow sends it into a spasm of hissing and biting, but the big cat it too while to be caught up in that. Then the creature explodes into a spray of stinky green acid - both Kibeti and Angati are caught up in this. Then the remains of the beast collapse into a simmering puddle of acid that looks like it would be dangerous to step into.

Kibeti & Angati, DC15 reflex save to avoid the acid or take 1d6 damage. Angati, you get effected by this before you move.

The oracle launches a half-hearted attack against the remaining infected pirate and then skips out to the right flank. Unfortunately this opens her up to an attack and the creature exploits it cunningly scoring a large bite on her side with its oversized jaws (10hp damage, rolled for blur but no luck).

[Secret to Angati: Hi again, I need ANOTHER DC14 fort save in secret thanks.]

Meanwhile, Logan heals himself.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:31, Thu 21 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1704 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 21 Apr 2016
at 18:25
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
ROUND SIX - MIDDLE OF PLAYERS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP: 12/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 18/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 16/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: DEAD
Savage Pirate 2: DEAD
Savage Pirate 3: <MF USED> -4
Savage Pirate 4: DEAD

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
Angati has blur until end of opponents round 13

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1705 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 21 Apr 2016
at 18:29
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Updated map with Alohan still to play
Alohan Nuari
 player, 405 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Fri 22 Apr 2016
at 20:24
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan pulled himself out of the ocean, his barely clothed body glistening in the inferno. As his feet found purchase on the hard sand, he picked up his pace and soon he was next to Kibeti ready to pummel whatever... IT, was. He waited for proper positioning, delaying long enough to allow Kibeti to move out of the way. Soon enough, an opening.

He clung to his pele, remembering his training enough to slow his breathing and steady his mind. He sprung forward with his heel, bringing it down on the deformed monstrosity. He followed it up with a second kick, confident he did enough damage to draw the creature off of his companions.


23 -4 Damage | 24 -5 Damage

Move Action: 5ft up
Full Action: Flurry of Blows
Free/Swift Action:

HP: 39/39  AC: 17  | CMD: 20 | 22 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: damn- busy week. Went to post this afternoon and RPOL was down :/

Angati
 PC, 539 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 22 Apr 2016
at 16:04
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In spain till monday not much I can do sorry...
18:00, Today: Angati rolled 13 using 1d20+4.  DC15 Ref save.
Failed by 2
Angati  Pick her sling and throw rocks at it.
Afterwards would heal some of the damage to Logan and herself.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1707 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 22 Apr 2016
at 19:12
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan lands a series of stunning kicks and punches on the last savage pirate, forcing it back a few feet.

ROUND SIX - END OF PLAYERS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED> -5 nonlethal
Logan   HP: 12/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 19/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 18/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 16/28 <MF NOT USED>

Savage Pirate 1: DEAD
Savage Pirate 2: DEAD
Savage Pirate 3: <MF USED> -4 -4 -5
Savage Pirate 4: DEAD

<SPELLS AND EFFECTS>
Angati has blur until end of opponents round 13


ROUND SEVEN - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN

The pirate then launches a swirling attack at the barbarian/monk that ends with a bite attack, but Alohan just bats it all away with cunning dodges or forearm blocks.

Seeing that he is now surrounded, the feverish pirate snarls and throws his cutlass to the sand. "All hail the prince of savage tides!" he howls, then takes a deep breath and... explodes in a vomit of nasty green acid.

Kibeti and Alohan please make a DC15 reflex save to avoid the acid or take 1d6 damage.

[Secret to Angati:
Angati:
In spain till monday not much I can do sorry...
18:00, Today: Angati rolled 13 using 1d20+4.  DC15 Ref save.
Failed by 2
Angati  Pick her sling and throw rocks at it.
Afterwards would heal some of the damage to Logan and herself.


OOC: It must be great to be back home, if even for just a few days. Hey, do you want to use your daily MF to reroll that save? Just asking...
]
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1708 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 22 Apr 2016
at 19:23
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The party, now together again, finds itself alone on the beach as the puddles of acid from the savage pirates fizzle, spit, and then slowly drain away into the sand until they are nothing more than harmless patches of green powder. With the distraction of the battle gone, they become all to aware again of the roar of the inferno behind them, where the splitting and burning of the timbers of the ships merges with the hiss of the oil sheen being consumed by flame, mixed with the occasional exploding barrel of some exotic cargo. Who knows what treasures are being destroyed?

As they tend to their wounds they survey the beach. Just in front of them a ten-foot-wide cave opens at the base of the cliff while to the east several planks provide a crude bridge across a tide pool to a second, smaller cave entrance. The beach is covered in swaths of blood and ragged body parts strewn across the sand, testifying to a terrible and recent battle here. Broken crates and bamboo cages litter the area, with blood and bits of bone sprayed across bolts of colourful silks and cracked barrels of ambergris slowly allowing their precious contents to sink into the coarse, rocky sand. A number of mangled naked corpses, each stripped nearly clean of flesh, and with bones cracked open, lie strewn about the beach. The casualties are staggering, with a quick count putting the dead at nearly twenty.

You are not permitted to proceed until all damage has been healed!

Logan -> 14 hp damage
Celene -> 2 hp damage
Angati -> 20 hp damage
Kibeti -> 12 hp damage

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:53, Sun 24 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1709 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 22 Apr 2016
at 19:59
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Kraken's Cove in all its glory
Kassius
 player, 379 posts
 Hunter 4
Sat 23 Apr 2016
at 19:23
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
15:19, Today: Kibeti rolled 24,27 using 1d20+9,1d20+9. reflex saves.
Kibeti easily avoids both bursts of acid, and Kassius unslings his bow, only to find no remaining foes. Instead, he carefully dries string and bow, making sure the quick dip didn't damage the weapon.

I believe Kibeti has 12 damage, not 22, unless I missed something? Also, with the damage evenly distributed, might be a good time a for channel?
Alohan Nuari
 player, 406 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Sun 24 Apr 2016
at 13:36
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Upon the deformed pirate disengaging, Alohan began suspect something nefarious. He took a step back, foot finding little stability in the sand, only to witness his target blow themselves up in a burst of acid. Thankfully, his reaction was better timed and with a duck and a roll, Alohan was free of it's pain. Sandy, wet, and a bit tired, but otherwise unscathed.

Alohan took a dip in the lagoon once more to wash the grime off his body. He chanced only as much as he dared, keeping a wary eye on the crimson fleet's burning vessels. When he resurfaced, the Nuari went about looking for something in the sand, anything that might be useful to them.

After his search was finished, Alohan rejoined the others. "Which way we be going?"
Reflex: 09:23, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 16 using 1d20+6 ((10)) Reflex Save
Search:09:37, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 22 using 1d20+4 ((18)) perception
 

This message was last edited by the player at 13:38, Sun 24 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1711 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 24 Apr 2016
at 16:06
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius:
I believe Kibeti has 12 damage, not 22, unless I missed something? Also, with the damage evenly distributed, might be a good time a for channel?


OOC: Yes, sorry, should be 12 hp. Edited the post to the correct number.

Alohan Nuari:
When he resurfaced, the Nuari went about looking for something in the sand, anything that might be useful to them.


Although the beach has many objects that might have been worth something once, most of them have been trashed in the combat or the following fire. The native quickly sifts through the refuse and does find a few things that might be worthwhile:

- a small charred leather sack containing a couple of handfuls of fine quality orange saffron from The Sind (600 gp)
- a crate of fine dishware miraculously unsmashed (200 gp)
- a whole case of potions of cure moderate wounds with the Thyatian imperial seal on it -> unfortunately when he opens it he finds that only three remain intact

The saffron and dishware have been added to your party treasure list. Logan takes on of the cure moderate wounds potions (write it on your character sheet john!), who wants the others? First come first served!
Angati
 PC, 541 posts
 Oracle 4
Sun 24 Apr 2016
at 21:55
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati took the time to done her armour before doing anything else. She half waited for some channels from Celene, considering that three of them were hurt, but she would use her cure spells as needed.

"Mind if I take one?... I am bound to be in the front line most of the time I think", she said as she watched the face of horror that Anansi put at that, a puff of sand could almost be seen by the rest, as the ghost girl stomped her feet... "I'll be careful, I promise" she said to her as she waited for Celene to decide what was best done with regards to the healing.
Alohan Nuari
 player, 407 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Mon 25 Apr 2016
at 15:27
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan holds up the remaining potion after handing one to Logan and Angati. "I be takin one if ya not be mindin.'" He attached it to his loin cloth and was now boasting a sizable amount of potion bottles. Most were contained within small gourds and stopped with a piece of rubber -customary by the Nuari- but two were still contained by bottled glass. They dangled at his side, often clattering into each other when he moved quickly.

To answer his own question, Alohan pointed to the bridge. "I kinda want ta be takin dat route," he said, keeping an eye on the tunnels.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:25, Tue 26 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1712 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 25 Apr 2016
at 17:51
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati, Alohan and Logan each take a potion.

Do I sense a bit of hesitation in going into the cavern? Probably since you realise that once you enter you'll be locked into six months of dungeoneering! Also, if you want to have any chance of capturing Vanthus you need to complete the whole dungeon in one session i.e. no resting. You may want to shepherd resources accordingly.

Waiting for healing before proceeding - we will then head over the little bridge to the eastern entrance.


Dungeon Master
 GM, 1713 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 25 Apr 2016
at 17:53
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati:
...a puff of sand could almost be seen by the rest, as the ghost girl stomped her feet...


Oh yeah, how is the ghost girl? We don't see much of her.


Alohan Nuari:
...He attached it to his loin cloth and was now boasting a sizable amount of potion bottles.


He stores his potions in his loin cloth? Oh come on... :D

...well, this is D&D I guess, so what the heck...

Celene
 player, 850 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Mon 25 Apr 2016
at 23:08
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene dragged herself out of the water and tossed her pack into the sand, away from the puddles of green liquid, she then dropped to her knees and began sucking in air. The others talked about directions and searched the immediate area but Celene was preoccupied. She had been so confident upon seeing the conflagration and then couldn't even reach the beach without falling in the water. She was worse than useless in the lagoon she'd almost died twice and had to be saved by her comrades. She had almost caused her allies to perish fighting long odds against those creatures; she shuddered.

Angati's voice dragged her out of her thoughts and she looked towards the others. "I... I can try..." she fished her holy symbol from around her neck and held it close to her lips and whispered a prayer softly to herself hoping Wee Jas would hear her.

This leaves Angati down only 5. Four Channels used.

19:07, Today: Celene rolled 7 using 2d6.  Channel x2.
19:07, Today: Celene rolled 8 using 2d6.  Channel x2.

Logan
 player, 559 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Tue 26 Apr 2016
at 00:29
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan breathed in relief as the healing wave flowed over him, knitting closed the wounds inflicted by the pirates.  He looked at the available options, and shrugged.  "The bridge seems as good to me as everything else"
Angati
 PC, 543 posts
 Oracle 4
Tue 26 Apr 2016
at 07:24
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati looked at Celene concerned... she approached the other woman sitting next to her, and making a strange noise as the mail grated when she sat down next to her "Don't you worry... we are all alive, and that's what counts... if we had all jumped together, we would have faced these together, and it wouldn't have been so dangerous. But I was afraid to jump, I am an awful swimmer, and I also had the mail amor that would have brought me down... so you see, it's not your fault".

She stood up clapping the other woman on the knee as she did so "Anyway, bridge it is then... I think I am good to go... a long day awaits us and it makes no sense to use up a heal for this scratch".

OOC: CLW for me its 1d8+4, and I have 7 max for the whole dungeon... whatever it is... if you guys think its worth it, I'll cast it.
Kassius
 player, 380 posts
 Hunter 4
Tue 26 Apr 2016
at 11:00
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
I can heal a bit as well, so it's your call Angati. Probably not a big deal either way.

06:59, Today: Kassius rolled 5 using 1d20+3. knowledge (nature or religion).
Kassus had raked his own mind, but had no idea what the things that had attacked were, so put the question the group.

"What I want to know is what were those things, and why were they here? Anyone know anything about them?"
Angati
 PC, 544 posts
 Oracle 4
Tue 26 Apr 2016
at 13:55
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"I know nothing of this creatures that I can think of... I feel tempted though to wreck my head trying to think about the nobles I know and I am sure I'll think of someone close enough... even in my family come think of it, but.. alas I have no idea".


12:37, Today: Angati rolled 13 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge Religion.
Celene
 player, 851 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Tue 26 Apr 2016
at 14:38
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene stood up after Angati's encouraging words and ran her hand through her soaked hair before straightening out her dress the best she could. She pondered Kassius' question wondering if she had read anything similar during her studies.

She drew out a wand waved it over herself and followed the others towards the crudely built bridge.

10:18, Today: Celene rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge Arcana.

10:35, Today: Celene rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge History.

Casting Mage Armor.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1714 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 26 Apr 2016
at 18:43
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan -> 14 hp damage
Celene -> 2 hp damage
Angati -> 20 hp damage 5 damage
Kibeti -> 12 hp damage


HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 26/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 21/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 33/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>


Kassius:
Kassus had raked his own mind, but had no idea what the things that had attacked were...


Angati:
"I know nothing of this creatures that I can think of... I feel tempted though to wreck my head trying to think about the nobles I know and I am sure I'll think of someone close enough... even in my family come think of it, but.. alas I have no idea".


Indeed, Kassius has never seen nor heard of any such creatures like this this in nature, or rather, he has never heard of anything in nature with the ability to change men into beasts like this, as this is presumably what has happened.

Angati is likewise stumped. Despite having read the entire theology section in the Shrine of Art and Beauty (she got bored in there!), she has never heard of an deity able to convert men into creatures of acid and rage.

Celene:
Celene stood up after Angati's encouraging words and ran her hand through her soaked hair before straightening out her dress the best she could. She pondered Kassius' question wondering if she had read anything similar during her studies.
10:18, Today: Celene rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge Arcana.
10:35, Today: Celene rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge History.


Celene can't remember being taught about anything like this in her admittedly limited studies in the temple, but she wonders if she might have caught a relevant rumour at the party's awards ceremony? There was that small, wrinkly man with sparse black hair who had told Karthach about how the Milenian Empire had been shattered by some sort of savage curse. Something where most of the population had been converted to terrible beasts with 'the blood of acid'. Who had it been again? She has it! Ambassidor Alresian, from the so called 'Scarlet Brotherhood'. Maybe something to follow up on if she can be bothered.

Celene:
Casting Mage Armor.


Great, please remember to update your AC and cross off the charge from the wand.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1715 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 26 Apr 2016
at 18:57
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Once they have divided the loot (write it on your sheets!) and healed most of their wounds, the party moves eastwards down to the other side of the little beach. They pass by the first entrance and the sounds that come out of the cave mouth are not encouraging... and are loud enough to be heard over the roar of the blaze...

From the entrance comes a symphony of howls, shrieks, maniacal laughter, clanging of metal on metal, and the other discordant sounds one might expect from a madhouse whose locks have failed.

The 'bridge' over the tide pool is actually just two wide wooden planks. The deep pool of rushing water below sends up the occasional splash of seawater onto the wood - just enough to keep the crossing permanently slippery. Even so, this isn't a problem as the party takes its time to cross - Celene does it on her elbows and knees and with Logan keeping a close eye on her.

DC10 acrobatics check to cross. You'll be fine as long as you don't try to go back across it at speed... i.e. when running away from something :P

The tiny patch of sand on the other side actually looks very similar to the other entrance, and the party's hearts probably fall a little when they hear similar noises exiting this cave mouth as the previous one.

The cave walls are of wet stone, smoothed from eons of gently trickling water and stalactites hang from the ceiling in places - so these caves are obviously natural in origin. To make the going less treacherous, someone has spread a generous amount of sand on the floor of the passageway and removed some stalagmites that would have otherwise been in the way.

Logan takes one look and proclaims it free of traps - at least this part of his job is going to be quite easy since this terrain is going to be difficult to hide a trap in. The party follows the passage into the cliff face.
Celene
 player, 852 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Tue 26 Apr 2016
at 19:04
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Prior to reaching the bridge Celene had spoke up having remembered something she heard in passing. ”I’ve heard of something like this before. Ambassador Alresian mentioned something about a savage curse the ravaged Milenian. He specifically mentioned the acidic blood.” Celene didn’t wait for the others to respond ”I don’t know how that helps us now? We should look into it when we return to Sasserine.”

Once Celene was on her feet again she looked at the others ”Do we need light? Or will it reveal us too easily?”
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1716 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 26 Apr 2016
at 19:13
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The passageway bends slightly to the west as they follow it into the cliff. They pass a cheap hooded lantern hanging from a hook, and about 20' on from that they pass another - they are both lit, and the light from others can be seen up ahead, so at least the party will be able to find its way around without difficulty.

The corridor opens into what is presumably a large cavern, but it is impossible to tell since a multitude of brocaded silks hang from lines of rope criss-crossing the room. The silks look like they were once fine, but are now all water-logged and damaged, and they flutter slowly in a gentle breeze emanating from somewhere deeper in the caves as they dry.


Squares in this room count as difficult terrain and visibility is limited to 15'.
Logan
 player, 560 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Tue 26 Apr 2016
at 20:05
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan ignores the deeper question as to what exactly they were fighting.  For now, it was enough for the rogue to know that plunging his rapier into their flesh would kill them, and as long he remembered to avoid the sizzling retribution afterwards, that was fine by him.  In a way, it was preferable to fighting the undead menaces that seemed so immune to his usual weapons (not to mention their fondness for his innards.)  No, acid-rage monsters were more easily dealt with than that.  Still, Logan kept his weapons up as he scanned the room for new threats, moving forward carefully and silently.

16:05, Today: Logan rolled 21 using 1d20+11.  Stealth.
Angati
 PC, 545 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 27 Apr 2016
at 10:03
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati whispered to Omi as she placed him on a stalactite "Come dear.. this is your terrain.. run a bits ahead and let me know.. just don't let yourself be seen.. run the ceilings better than the floor".

OMI
N Tiny animal
Init +2; Senses Darkvision 60ft, Tremorsense; Perception +5

 DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 size)
hp 19 (4d8)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 (Taking mine for fort and will)

 OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +4 melee (1d3–4)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks: Grab

 STATISTICS
Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 5
Base Atk +2; CMB +0; CMD 6
Feats Weapon Finesse
Racial Modifiers Climb +8, Perception +4, Stealth +4

Skills:
  Climb +10 + 8      = 18
  Perception +4 +4   =  8
  Stealth +3    +4   =  7

Alohan Nuari
 player, 408 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Wed 27 Apr 2016
at 19:25
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
As Omi scurried on ahead, Alohan couldn't help but dwell on Celene's words. Savage curses, acidic blood- normally such things wouldn't shake Alohan but he couldn't help thinking of a particular dream that he had succumbed to back on the Blue Nixie. It had been after his dangerous encounter with a Rhagodessa -before he respected their savagery- after the cleric mended his abdomen. He had briefly passed out from the exertion, only to be visited by what could not be thought of as a premonition, one that seemed to be more relevant than Alohan originally knew. Now his mind was clouded, distracted. Something far bigger than himself was looming and he  wondered if he had the courage to face it.

Despite his people's often thought of backwards ways, they shared a somewhat deep oral, spoken history. It is this he searched as they waited for Angati's familiar -thinking back to all the campfire stories and legends his people told when gathered. Of course, leave it to Alohan to not have a clue. He was probably too busy chasing women to focus much on stories. 

He sighed, feeling somewhat shameful.
 History: 11 untrained campfires history.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1718 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 28 Apr 2016
at 17:01
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan sneaks cautiously ahead, while Omi scampers up to the ceiling and the rest of the party hangs back a little.

The rogue quick finds himself disorientated by the large multi-coloured silks hanging at various crazy angles across the room - they form a sort of kaleidoscopic maze of soft walls gentling wafting backwards and forwards in the faint breeze. At least the noise from deeper in the caves is making his sneaking easier (-4 to listening attempts). Logan begins to be able to make out words in some of the blood-curdling screams, "KILL! EAT! KILL! EAT!" and "MY SOUL FOR THE DARK PRINCE!" seem to be common phrases. He still struggles to pin-point which direction they are coming from though. This is not helped by the room having so many exits - he counts at least four passageways in addition to the one they came in from.

Logan also realises that he'll quickly loose line of sight back to his comrades if he merely ducks under the tall, wide silks. Since he appraises that the silks are so water damaged that they wouldn't be worth more than a few coppers each to some desperate Shadowshore resident, he starts using his magical rapier to carefully slice them apart.

ZZZzzzzzssssss

He parts the first silk and steps forward into the next 'corridor' of the hanging maze. A shadow passing across a brocaded silk just 10' feet to his right makes him freeze and slowly turn in that direction. The silk in that direction doesn't quite touch the ground, and the rogue sees a pair of large scaly clawed feet sticking out underneath.



As the thief tries to control his pounding heart, the claws slowly pivot and turn in his direction. They pause for a moment, before turning back to the rest of the party - which, let's face it, a making quite a bit of noise what with them talking to their familiars or clanking the potion bottles hanging from their loins.

OOC: It seems that Logan is undetected thus far and has the opportunity for a surprise round. Mind you, he doesn't know what he'll be actually attacking...


This message was last edited by the GM at 17:06, Thu 28 Apr 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1719 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 28 Apr 2016
at 17:05
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Omi claws his way up to the ceiling, but finds that the uneven roof of the canyon and drying silks make an effective screen against him seeing the rest of the room. But at least he is out of harms way.

Indeed Alohan does remember a tale... something about his people and the way which his beautiful islands... the pearl islands... got their name... It certainly isn't because pearls are harvested there! But it has been so long. <sigh> Remmi would've know, but he had ordered his bright young friend to return home...
Logan
 player, 561 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Thu 28 Apr 2016
at 19:35
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
As the clawed feet swivel back to stare at his friends, Logan springs into action.  He runs forward, aiming at roughly where he thinks the chest would be on a human-sized target through the curtains, shredding it moments before his blade makes contact.

Standard: Surprise Round Charge to J4, Rapier attack vs #1.  18 damage vs AC 18.  Target gets -2 penalty on attack rolls, -4 vs Logan for 1 turn if hit.

5:33, Today: Logan rolled 18 using 3d6+5.  Damage (w/ Sneak Attack).
15:32, Today: Logan rolled 18 using 1d20+10.  Rapier Attack (Charge).


HP: 21/21 AC: 19/14/15 F2 R9 W4
Abilities: Invisibility (Used)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1721 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 18:18
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan sprints the short distance to the hanging silk and plunges his rapier through into the enemy. The roar that erupts from his opponent tells him that he has been successful, and a second later he finds himself clinging onto the blade and almost lifted from his feet by the writhing thing that is still hidden by the hanging fabric. The rogue manages to pull his weapon free and the torn silk falls to the ground revealing what he is up against.



Logan is facing a nightmarish giant lizard with mutations springing out of all parts of its body. The creature pulls back its head for a second and stares at Logan with its glowing green eyes - then it lunges at him with incredible speed.

20:15, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 23 using 1d20+6.  Initiative.


OK people, roll for initiative. If you get 23 or higher then you get to go first and get a flat-footed attack against Mr Mutant-dinosaur. Please remember that there is only 15' line of sight and that all of the squares count as difficult terrain. I let Logan charge since it fitted my description of what he saw, but the rest of you have to get through hanging silks to enter the combat.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1722 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 18:18
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Updated map
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1723 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 18:21
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 26/26 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 21/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 33/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Ripclaw: <MF NOT USED> -18

ROUND ONE
Logan
 player, 567 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 18:23
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Almost!
14:23, Today: Logan rolled 22 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1724 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 18:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
OK, then this beast goes first.

The lizard transforms into a whirling clouds of bites, whipping tail and claws. Despite Logan's debilitating attack (-4 to hit subtracted), the creature manages to bite him (12 hp) and slice him with its razor sharp tail(12 hp).

Assuming that the rest of the party don't kill it before it gets to attack of course!

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:32, Fri 29 Apr 2016.

Kassius
 player, 383 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 19:51
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
15:51, Today: Kassius rolled 22 using 1d20+5. initiative.
Right with ya Logan!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1726 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 19:59
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Feel free to take your turns after you have rolled for iniative - the party is clearly not going to kill/disable this guy before it gets to take its attack.
Logan
 player, 572 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 20:19
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Screaming in pain from the sudden explosion of new injuries across his body, Logan threw himself into defeating his new saurian foe.  Stepping to the side, he waited until one of his allies distracted the creature, then launched a full attack against it, hoping to catch it unawares.

5' Step to K2, Delay for flanking
Assuming Flanking Achieved, TWF vs Ripclaw.  Hit AC 24 for 15 damage, apply Bewildered.  -2 AC, -4 AC vs Logan.

16:18, Today: Logan rolled 15 using 3d6+5.  Rapier Damage.
16:17, Today: Logan rolled 12 using 1d20+6.  TWF: Shortsword.
16:17, Today: Logan rolled 24 using 1d20+8.  TWF: Rapier.


HP: 2/26 AC: 19/14/15 F2 R9 W4
Abilities: Invisibility (Used)

Kassius
 player, 386 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 29 Apr 2016
at 20:24
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius hears the sounds of combat and dashes into the room drawing his bow as he does. He stares dumbly at the silks and has a few moments to ponder what the frack is this place before seeing the monstrosity tearing poor Logan apart. Then, confusion ignored for now, he pauses in his tracks, enhancing his bow with greater magical power.

Kibeti hurtles in front of Kibeti and crouches low, yowling and biting, but with little effect.


16:15, Today: Kassius rolled 15 using 1d20+3.  knowledge (nature).

Kassius
Move Action: move to K6
Standard Action: Cast Gravity Bow
Swift Action: Set Kibeti's Animal Focus to Stag (+5 ft move)
Free Action: Knowledge check. What is this thing?

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow (lasts 4 minutes)

Kibeti
Kibeti moves to K4. Assuming the difficult terrain starts at K7 that requires exactly 45 ft of movement from him. If that assumption is wrong, he double moves and doesn't get the attack below (not that that's much of a loss!)

16:22, Today: Kibeti rolled 8,6 using 1d20+5,1d6+2.  bite attack, damage.
Move Action:  Move to K4
Standard Action: Chomp (bite attack)

HP: 28/28AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: stag (+5 ft)
Current Buffs:none!

Angati
 PC, 548 posts
 Oracle 4
Sat 30 Apr 2016
at 09:32
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati saw the damaged on Logan and charged against the monster, but wether it was the wet silk cloth, or something else, she missed by a mile... still.. she was close to the monster and hoping that it would direct some of its attacks towards her.


Free : 5ft to side | Swft :  | Move :  | Stnd :

10:31, Today: Angati rolled 10,7 using 1d20+4,1d8+1.  attack morningstar.
10:22, Today: Angati rolled 17 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.

[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 35 |  AC: 22 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Blur
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 3/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Alohan Nuari
 player, 410 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Sun 1 May 2016
at 12:54
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan hadn't a clue what they were fighting -a giant pissed off lizard of the likes he hadn't ever seen before. He hesitated for only a moment and already the beast was upon Logan.

He rushed forward with everyone else, coming to Logan's side. In a whirlwind of claw, tooth, and tail, Alohan hadn't the best of targets. He kicked out a few times, hoping to find purchase.
Initiative:08:29, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 21 using 1d20+4 ((17)).
Difficult Terrain:Difficult Terrain is x2 movement and no 5ft step right?
08:37, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 14,4 using 1d20+6,1d6+2 ((8,2)). Attack Damage


Move Action: Move to J4
Standard Action: Punch the thing.
Free/Swift Action: Brood.

HP: 19/28  AC: 18  CMD: 17  | 19 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 39  |  39  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: Feeling crappy hence crappy post.

Celene
 player, 858 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Sun 1 May 2016
at 14:48
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene was the last to act and she moved forward until she was able to see the creature attacking Logan. She didn't have a clear line of fire so she instead focused on her holy symbol hoping to make her next attack more successful; at the same time she blessed all of her allies.


Free :  | Swft : Activate Divine Vessel | Move : Move to J:5 | Stnd : Cast Guidance on Self | Full :

10:30, Today: Celene rolled 8 using 1d20.  Initiative.

Divine Vessel should give everyone +2 on their next attack.


HP: 21/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 6/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (4/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1728 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 4 May 2016
at 11:44
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
OOC: Still no internet! This comes at you from the big bad world of work.

Navesh Wyvernsting had been a phanaton - a race of small sentient arboreal creatures with large eyes and prehensile tails that resemble a cross between a monkey, a raccoon and a flying squirrel. (OOC: Yeah, they're basically flying midget ewoks, but because they were in the original 'Isle of Dread' module you need to give them respect, OK?) He had been born into slavery, but proven to be such a capable seaman that he had been released and hired on as a bosun.

Once lauded for his cool head under fire, his quirky sense of humor and his unquestioning loyalty to his captain, the savage tide had transformed Navesh into a long-limbed, deformed creature with writhing, boneless fingers, but the savage phanatom had retained enough of former intelligence to stay out of the way of some of the larger corrupted inhabitants of the caverns... and wait for his chance.

High up in one corner of the room he had watched the party enter and then seen the young half-elf with the big hair sneak ahead. The man was apparently a skilled rogue as he had managed to get the drop on the big ‘Thunder Lizard’. And that creature was both sneaky and dangerous. The pirates had taken to calling it ‘Ripclaw’, a not-so-affectionate nickname earned after the lizard had disemboweled a careless shipmate who’d gotten just a little too close. The black-haired rogue had struck a massive blow on the side of the creature, but suffered under the creature’s response – the hail of tooth, talons and jagged tail had cut straight through the man’s leather shirt. Navesh downed his potion of bear’s endurance and started adding the oil of keen edge to his little knife.

Still, the young half-elf had stood his ground and launched another clever blow which had used the distraction of the big cat to sneak past Ripclaw’s guard and also half-blind the lizard with the fragments of silk now flying around. What a shame that none of his friends were able to help! The cat, the old lady and the half-naked warrior were all unable to hit the terrifying lizard.

Ripclaw wasted no time in bursting through the silk, the writhing and wriggling tentacles on its back smearing a disguising trail of yellowish pus stains on the fabric. With single minded determination the lizard bit into the rogue’s shoulder, pierced his torso with a claw and then… pulled. Navesh couldn’t help but give a little chuckle as the thief literally got ripped in half… ouch, that had to have hurt! Blood spurted furiously across the hanging silks as the man’s life essence emptied in a few seconds.

OOC: 27 hp damage from two attacks, taking Logan down to -25, that is... well, you know that scene in the Aliens move where the android get ripped in half? Yeah, it's insta-death! No use in even considering MF as even one successful attack would have been enough to take him out. I am so sorry John :( :( I will find something else to keep Logan entertained while we consider resurrection opportunities.

BTW, I remembered the -4 to his attack against Logan. This guy is just super dangerous.


Navesh realises this is his chance. Sure, he would be outnumbered but he was just SO FRACKING HUNGRY! He couldn’t wait. With practised precision he let go of the stalactite that served as his hiding place and spread his arms to allow the thin membranes attached to his body stretch out and catch the air. He glided silently over the top of the silks towards the closest and most attractive target – the young golden-haired girl with such pink, succulent looking flesh. At the last second there was a chittering warning cry – who was that from? Some little creature also hanging around on the ceiling of the room. It wasn’t much, but at least enough for the girl to get her guard up (not flat-footed) and avoid his bite. Never mind, his little kukri knife plunged into her neck anyway. (OOC: Angati uses MF). His little kukri knife was still able to catch her in the side (3 hp damage).

OOC: Please note, he crits with his sword on a 15-20 in case somebody was looking at the rolls and wondering. He is now on the ground (I6), foaming at the mouth and trying to get his breakfast from Celene.

Kassius:
...he stares dumbly at the silks and has a few moments to ponder what the frack is this place before seeing the monstrosity tearing poor Logan apart...


OOC: Oh hey! Thanks for the idea!

Kassius:
Assuming the difficult terrain starts at K7 that requires exactly 45 ft of movement from him.


OOC: Exactly, no silks are drying in the corridor so that is normal terrain. You movement calculations are correct.

Kassius:
16:15, Today: Kassius rolled 15 using 1d20+3.  knowledge (nature).


Kassius has no experience of these type of creatures from nature, nor has he ever heard of anybody encountering them, yet he still has knowledge of them in a way. His father use to always read stories from ‘ The Big Book of Barbarian Tales’, and some of little Kassius’ favourites had always been the ones with ‘Thunder Lizards’ in them. Of course, these were just silly stories. But then… hadn’t Lavinia’s mother’s diary had some sketches of these exact same beasts?

OOC: You are fighting a savage deinonuchus, i.e. what was called a velocirapture in the first Jurrasic Park movie. Actually, velociraptures are smaller and from a different time period.

Celene:
Divine Vessel should give everyone +2 on their next attack.


OOC: That is such a great power. And the group is going to need it.

Angati:
...and hoping that it would direct some of its attacks towards her...


OOC: Nope!
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1729 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 4 May 2016
at 11:46
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
END OF ROUND ONE

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   DEAD
Celene  HP: 18/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 33/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Ripclaw: [Private to GM: 42] <MF NOT USED> -18 -15
Navesh Wyvernsting: [Private to GM: 22+6] <MF USED>

START OF ROUND TWO

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:58, Wed 04 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1730 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 4 May 2016
at 11:47
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
No map update, just use your imaginations a bit.

Alohan Nuari:
Difficult Terrain:Difficult Terrain is x2 movement and no 5ft step right?


Oh yeah, no 5' step, which Logan did in fact use.

Well, he died for it, so I rule that we should just let him keep it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:51, Wed 04 May 2016.

Kassius
 player, 388 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 4 May 2016
at 12:30
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius can only stare in shock as Logan is mercilessly butchered. Then, Kibeti yowls an unearthly sound, focusing on the dinosaur and attacking again and again. Inspired by his companion's attack, Kassius fires a pair of arrows as well, hoping to take the dinosaur down. For now, he ignores the man who attacked Celene; this dinosaur needed to die.


Note: I forgot Divine Vessel for both of us, but both first attacks kind of sucked, so not sure it mattered.

08:26, Today: Kassius rolled 10,19,8,8 using 1d20+4,1d20+4,2d6+2,2d6+2.  Rapid shot attack, damage.

Kassius
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot
Swift Action: Set Kibeti's animal focus to Bull (+2 str)

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow (3 minutes)
08:24, Today: Kibeti rolled 18,13 using 1d20+6,1d6+7.  confirm crit.
08:24, Today: Kibeti rolled 11,24,26,9,11,12 using 1d20+6,1d20+6,1d20+6,1d6+7,1d6+7,1d6+7.  Smite full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Note: Assumes smite worked. If it doesn't, -4 to damage on all of the above attacks.

Kibeti
Swift Action:: Smite Dinosaur (+4 to damage if target is evil, until dead).
Full Round Action:  Full Attack

HP: 28/28AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: Bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs:none!

Angati
 PC, 549 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 4 May 2016
at 15:17
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati looked in horror as Logan was cut in half she was petrified. Unable to move.

Until the lizard shook its claws, and one of Logan's intestines, slapped Angati's face, slowly sliding down her pristine armor, until it got stuck with her belt, where it got stuck like a hanging dripping sausage.
(* Yeah I know... but I wasn't about to let the DM have all the fun by himself*)

Somehow, and in a detached way, this brought her back into action. The creature was fast and deadly, and she did not want to give it an opportunity of attacking her while casting so she swung her morningstar with force. The movement however, made the intestine continue sliding down her crotch which made her stop the swing on mid air.

When she saw what it was she just flung it to the ground, a tear in her eye as she said "Damn your guts Logan".
Pun intended even if its quite tasteless.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move :  | Stnd : Attack
16:13, Today: Angati rolled 5,7 using 1d20+4,1d8+1.  Attack deinonychus .
[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 35 |  AC: 22 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Blur
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 3/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Celene
 player, 860 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 4 May 2016
at 16:50
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene didn’t have time to react to Logan’s death let alone mourn for him. Something had fallen from overhead and nearly opened her throat. She let out a panicked squeal and tried to back away from the grotesque creature a spell forming on her lips but her feet tangled in silks that had fallen to the floor. ”Damn it!" she hissed before closing her eyes and focusing on her anger; anger at the Logan’s death, at her inability to help her friends, at her wavering faith and she forced it into the dagger held by her attacker turning it cherry red.


Free :  | Swft : | Move : Activate Copycat  | Stnd : Cast Burning Disarm | Full :

12:44, Today: Celene rolled 24 using 1d20+7.  Cast Defensively DC 17.

DC 15 reflex to drop the dagger. Otherwise take 3D4 damage.


HP: 18/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 5/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (4/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-)

This message was last edited by the player at 16:50, Wed 04 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1734 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 4 May 2016
at 18:14
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kibeti rips into the dinosaur (is it ok to call it that now?) and tears out chunks of the creature's thighs and calves, but finds that the creature's skin is blackened and hardened by whatever curse it is suffering under (only 6 & 7 hp of damage instead of 11 & 12). Logan's rapier seemed to do okay, but Kibeti's claws and teeth find it harder going. Likewise, the single shot of Kassius' which hits does minimal damage (only 3 hp damage instead of 8 hp).

Kassius:
For now, he ignores the man who attacked Celene; this dinosaur needed to die.


It's really more like a flying squirrel than a man...


Kassius:
Note: I forgot Divine Vessel for both of us, but both first attacks kind of sucked, so not sure it mattered./


No, the divine vessel won't change the results of those first two attack rolls. Smite does work though - this dino is evil.


Still, the combined attacks have now done enough damage that green acidic blood and pus is pouring out of the creature, surely more than enough to kill it... but it doesn't die. Staggered, but still on its feet, the creature keeps fighting.

OOC: Not only is it 'savage', it is also 'fierce' as in the 'ferocity' special power.

Blinded by her friends guts, Angati misses totally.

Angati:
...slapped Angati's face, slowly sliding down her pristine armor, until it got stuck with her belt, where it got stuck like a hanging dripping sausage.
(* Yeah I know... but I wasn't about to let the DM have all the fun by himself*)


OOC: Oh my god Beni!! XD


Celene manages to both activate her copycat ability and cast a spell while fending off the little rodent. Navesh cried out as the metal grew hotter and hotter but there was no way he would let go of his shinny gutting tool.

"Come on little meatbag!"
he squeals out over the pain of his burning flesh. "Just give me one little mouthful of your tasty pink flesh," he snarls, showing a row of a dozen jagged brown teeth.

20:13, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 10 using 3d4.  Navesh burn damage.

OOC: Ouch! And that does full damage on him.

Just Alohan left to play.


MIDDLE OF ROUND TWO

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   DEAD
Celene  HP: 18/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 33/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Ripclaw: [Private to GM: 42+23=65] <MF NOT USED> -18 -15 -6 -7 -3 [Private to GM: 49]
Navesh Wyvernsting: [Private to GM: 22+6] <MF USED> -10

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:31, Wed 04 May 2016.

Celene
 player, 862 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 4 May 2016
at 18:23
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Meant to remove the copy cat ability as it provokes. I edited out the narrative of it and the uses but forgot to take it out of the move action line.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:31, Wed 04 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1736 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 4 May 2016
at 18:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In reply to Celene (msg # 122):

Oh ok, roger that.
Kassius
 player, 390 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 4 May 2016
at 19:53
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Dungeon Master:
Kibeti rips into the dinosaur (is it ok to call it that now?) and tears out chunks of the creature's thighs and calves, but finds that the creature's skin is blackened and hardened by whatever curse it is suffering under (only 6 & 7 hp of damage instead of 11 & 12). Logan's rapier seemed to do okay, but Kibeti's claws and teeth find it harder going. Likewise, the single shot of Kassius' which hits does minimal damage (only 3 hp damage instead of 8 hp).


Just to confirm: Kibeti threatened a crit. If the 18 confirmed, that's 11 & 25 (or 6 and 20) damage, not 11 & 12.
Also, Kassius' bow is magic. In case the DR is /magic.
I'd really like this guy to be dead before he gets another turn, so figured I'd confirm these two facts.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 412 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Wed 4 May 2016
at 22:33
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan's eyes widened at Logan's unfortunate demise. 'Again?' he thought inwardly. Of course, the situation hadn't entirely hit him yet. He just watched one of his best friends get ripped asunder by an extinct lizard -it was all too surreal. His pele bubbled to the forefront but he steadied himself and kept it at bay. It would be something he needed for later, one would assume, and wouldn't do unleashing his anger on a damn dinosaur. Closing his eyes for a moment, Alohan avoided looking at Logan's bloody mess.

While his mind attempted to process exactly what had happened, Alohan had taken quite some time to act. The dinosaur had received a pummeling, was bleeding profusely, and threatening to ravage someone else while entering its death throes. He wanted to make sure it was aimed at him, confident he would be able to deal with and tooth and nail that threatened. He waited for an opening and swatted at the beast's snout, hoping to connect and draw it's attention. But still hsi mind was reeling and still he was unable to focus. Even with Celene's divine aid, Alohan felt he whiffed. His companions counted on his physical prowess and all he was effectively doing was waving his arms and legs about like a buffoon.

And his buddy paid the ultimate price for it...
18:28, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 17,7,12,5 using 1d20+8,1d6+3,1d20+6,1d6+3 ((9,4,6,2)). Flurry of Blows vs Dinosaurs -Attack Damage


Move Action: --
Standard Action: Flurry dat Dino
Free/Swift Action: --

HP: 39/39  AC: 18  CMD: 17  | 19 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: RIP in pieces Logan

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1737 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 5 May 2016
at 08:40
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius:
Just to confirm: Kibeti threatened a crit. If the 18 confirmed, that's 11 & 25 (or 6 and 20) damage, not 11 & 12.


18 is not enough to confirm the crit.

Dang, no! I didn't see that Logan's last action was to bewilder Ripclaw, not disorientate him. That means his AC goes down by 2 for Kibeti, so the threat IS confirmed.

Kassius:
Also, Kassius' bow is magic. In case the DR is /magic.


Opps! Then Kassius does 8 points of damage, not 5! Corrected in the damage tracker....

...and that is just enough.

Alohan:
Note: RIP in pieces Logan </SMALL>


:D Yes, rest in pieces little rogue buddy.

Alohan pummels his fists against the dinosaur but can't make contact with anything vulnerable. It doesn't matter anyway, the attacks from the hunter and his companion have been enough to push the creature past the point where even its ferocity can keep it going. The beast spasms in death and bites Angati on the arm (12 hp damage) and then explodes in a spray of green acid and pus which dissolves the nearby silks.

DC15 Acrobatics check for Angati, Kibeti and Alohan or take 1d6 points of acid damage.

END OF ROUND TWO

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   DEAD
Celene  HP: 18/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 21/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Ripclaw: DEAD
Navesh Wyvernsting: [Private to GM: 22+6] <MF USED> -10


START OF ROUND THREE

Unwilling to abandon his best chance at getting lunch, the strange little monkey creature keeps attacking while pleading. "Please, please, just one little taste!" Celene avoids his bite but the little knife cuts her once again (6 hp damage)
Kassius
 player, 391 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 5 May 2016
at 13:28
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
<quote Dungeon Master>

DC15 Acrobatics check for Angati, Kibeti and Alohan or take 1d6 points of acid damage.


I'm assuming this was supposed to be DC 15 reflex save, not acrobatics check...
09:20, Today: Kibeti rolled 13 using 1d20+8. reflex (?) save.
Kibeti was +10 on acrobatics, so he'd actually have made that check.

09:22, Today: Kibeti rolled 4 using 1d6.  acid damage.


Kibeti is unwilling to give up his chew toy, continuing to gnaw on the dinosaur's bone even as it dissolved into acid. Fortunately, the cat's magical protections shielded him from the acid, and it did no significant harm (Damage negated by Kibeti's Acid Resistance 5)

Kassius meanwhile turns to the monkey thing. While dangerous, so far it seemed relatively ineffectual, at least compared with it's companion. Maybe it could be persuaded to stand down and tell the group about whatever the frak was going on here? "If we give you food, will you stop attacking our friend? I have some delicious meat in my sack, but only for nice monkeys that don't attack people with knives."

In case it works: Wild Empathy check!
09:27, Today: Kassius rolled 18 using 1d20+2.  wild empathy.

Angati
 PC, 552 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 5 May 2016
at 15:38
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati thought she had escaped the acid, but she felt a burning close to her left foot that proved otherwise.

Feeling the pain in her foot again she saw she had two options, either attack the man, which was probably not the best route with regards to the damage she could end up doing, but she would at least be in the front line, better armoured than her companions to take the hits... or cast and be a bit more effective...

"Damn i am growing old" she said as she saw the third option just as she started to cast, and again a gauntlet materialised in front of her. The gauntlet missed the thing. But nonchalantly Angati moved next to the monster hoping to pull it's attention towards her, and giving the advantage of flanking to her companions.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move :  | Stnd : Attack
16:13, Today: Angati rolled 5,7 using 1d20+4,1d8+1.  Attack deinonychus .
[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 35 |  AC: 22 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
16:19, Today: Angati rolled 1 using 1d6.  Acid dmg.
16:19, Today: Angati rolled 6 using 1d20+4.  Reflex save DC:14.
08:59, Today: Angati rolled 12,3 using 1d20+7,1d8+2.  Spiritual Weapon attack.

Spiritual weapon hits like a spell (no DR aplicable... SR yes I guess...)

Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Spiritual weapon (1/4)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 2/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

This message was last edited by the player at 08:02, Fri 06 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1739 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 6 May 2016
at 19:25
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius:
I'm assuming this was supposed to be DC 15 reflex save, not acrobatics check...


Yes, quite correct, it should be a reflex save.

Kassius:
09:22, Today: Kibeti rolled 4 using 1d6.  acid damage.


Kibeti is unwilling to give up his chew toy, continuing to gnaw on the dinosaur's bone even as it dissolved into acid. Fortunately, the cat's magical protections shielded him from the acid, and it did no significant harm (Damage negated by Kibeti's Acid Resistance 5)


Agreed.

Kassius:
Kassius meanwhile turns to the monkey thing. While dangerous, so far it seemed relatively ineffectual, at least compared with it's companion. Maybe it could be persuaded to stand down and tell the group about whatever the frak was going on here? "If we give you food, will you stop attacking our friend? I have some delicious meat in my sack, but only for nice monkeys that don't attack people with knives."

In case it works: Wild Empathy check!
09:27, Today: Kassius rolled 18 using 1d20+2.  wild empathy.


The little marsupial pauses for a second, and actually lowers its little knife a fraction. "Nice man help Navesh?" asks the fuzzy raccoon. Now it has slowed down a little so Kassius can get a good look at it, he actually recognises it. It is a 'phanaton', one of the legendary races from the Isle of Dread that he read about as a child, and also one of the creatures featured in Lavinia's mother's journal.

The old Navesh would have definitely stopped and talked - he was about to get his butt kicked after all. But since the savage tide had washed over him, he had been different. The voices in his head were so insistent! And they were screaming at him now. KILL! KILL! KILL! EEEAAAATTT!

"Hail the prince of savage tides!" screams the little critter as it springs at Kassius' throat.


Yeah... He's never gunna be as scary as that dinosaur...

Angati:
"Damn i am growing old" she said as she saw the third option just as she started to cast, and again a gauntlet materialised in front of her. The gauntlet missed the thing. But nonchalantly Angati moved next to the monster hoping to pull it's attention towards her, and giving the advantage of flanking to her companions.

Spiritual weapon hits like a spell (no DR aplicable... SR yes I guess...)


Agreed, it counts as a magic weapon.

Angati swings at the phanaton with her various weapons but misses.

Still to play: Kibeti, Alohan & Celene.

Kassius
 player, 392 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 6 May 2016
at 19:32
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kibeti charges the marsupial, but misses badly with his bite.


15:32, Today: Kibeti rolled 10,4 using 1d20+8,1d6+3.  charge attack (bite) attack, damage.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1741 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 6 May 2016
at 19:36
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
MIDDLE OF ROUND THREE

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   DEAD
Celene  HP: 12/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 20/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Ripclaw: DEAD
Navesh Wyvernsting: [Private to GM: 22+6] <MF USED> -10


MIDDLE OF ROUND THREE

NB: Alohan still needs to roll for acid damage.

Celene and Alohan still to play.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:36, Fri 06 May 2016.

Celene
 player, 865 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Sat 7 May 2016
at 17:51
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Not wanting to chance another spell Celene carefully moves away from the creature and Kibeti.


Free :  | Swft : | Move :   | Stnd : | Full : Withdraw

Withdarw to F:6.


HP: 12/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 5/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (4/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1743 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 9 May 2016
at 05:39
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
OOC: NPCing Alohan to move tings along a bit.

07:21, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 21 using 1d20+6.  ALohan reflex save.
ALohan dodges the acid from the dying dino and then moves to continue the fight against the aggressive little raccoon.

07:24, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 14 using 1d20+8.  Alohan punch attack.

His attack misses.

Navesh now has opponents on three sides - Alohan, Angati and Kibeti.

07:26, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 3 using 1d3.  Navesh target 1=Alohan 2=Angati 3=Kibeti.

He decides to chase after the cat since he looks like the tastiest target. The pair disappear into a tumbling cloud of biting, hissing, shredding tooth and claw - when they break apart Kibeti has thankfully avoided the little beast's poisonous bite but taken a small wound (5hp) from the knife.

07:27, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 25,8 using 1d20+5,1d20-1.  Navesh kukri and bite vs Kibeti.
07:28, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 16 using 1d20+5.  COnfirm knife crit.
07:37, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 5 using 2d3+2.  Knife damage.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1744 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 9 May 2016
at 05:40
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
END OF ROUND THREE

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   DEAD
Celene  HP: 12/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 20/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 23/28 <MF NOT USED>

Ripclaw: DEAD
Navesh Wyvernsting: [Private to GM: 22+6] <MF USED> -10


START OF ROUND FOUR

No map update as still without internet at home.
Angati
 PC, 553 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 9 May 2016
at 07:47
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati concentrated on the gauntlet, this time keeping her concentration focused, she managed to have the spiritual weapon squarely smack the fast creature. Her following swing with her morningstar though was quite far off the target completely missing it.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move :  | Stnd : Attack
16:13, Today: Angati rolled 5,7 using 1d20+4,1d8+1.  Attack deinonychus .
[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 20/38 |  AC: 22 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5

08:45, Today: Angati rolled 7,7 using 1d20+6,1d8+1.  Normal Morningstar Attack & Dmg.
08:45, Today: Angati rolled 25,7 using 1d20+9,1d8+2.  Spiritual Weapon Attack & Damage.

Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Spiritual weapon (1/4)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 2/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Alohan Nuari
 player, 414 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Tue 10 May 2016
at 16:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan watched Angati smack the marsupial with a divine weapon, sending the creature stumbling. Alohan didnt hesitate, taking a moment to dive at the creature. Logan's death was currently, pushed out of his mind. He would grieve when the time came. Or would he? He thought of his friend, lying in pieces. Sadness overcame him and he realized the creature he was diving on had slipped away completely. He laid on the ground where the creature was, face first in the dirt, consciously telling himself to get up and fight.
Rolled a 9 for a grapple

Move Action: --
Full Action: Grapple check

Free/Swift Action:

HP: 39/39  AC: 17  | CMD: 20 | 22 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note:

Celene
 player, 867 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Tue 10 May 2016
at 18:14
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene watched the gauntlet smack into the small creature and then Alohan stumble past it and sprawl in the sand and silk. She made up her mind; drew her wand and fired a glowing mote of force towards their foe. The mote encircled Kibeti, bobbed over Alohan and struck the phanaton.


Free :  | Swft : | Move : Draw Wand  | Stnd : Cast Magic Missile | Full :

14:13, Today: Celene rolled 2 using 1d4+1.  Magic Mssile .


HP: 12/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 5/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (4/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-), Wand of Magic Missile: 46

Kassius
 player, 393 posts
 Hunter 4
Tue 10 May 2016
at 23:49
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Having closed to melee, Kibeti now attacks repeatedly, savaging the foe. Kassius also gives up on diplomacy, instead firing arrows.


19:47, Today: Kassius rolled 20,23,9,12 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,2d6+1,2d6+2.  rapid shot, full attack.

Kassius
Full Round Action: rapid shot

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow
19:45, Today: Kibeti rolled 16,9,21,8,7,7 using 1d20+6,1d20+6,1d20+6,1d6+3,1d6+3,1d6+3.  full attack.

Kibeti
Full Round Action:  full attack

HP: 28/28AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: Bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs:none!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1748 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 11 May 2016
at 06:21
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati gives her opponent a good whack with her magic hammer (7 hp), but Alohan, needless to say, misses his grapple by a mile (but no AoO due to improve grapple feat). Celene hits the creature for a whooping 2 points of damage, then the hunter and his cat take their turn.

Kibeti hits with one claw, but the strange flesh of the flying ewok seems almost immune to his blows (7-5=2 hp damage). Kassius has a lot more success and lands two good arrows into it - one right in the head. It's too much for the poor little fellow and he goes into a death frenzy against Angati - the oracle just holds her shield up and blocks him. Then, with one final whispered praise to the Prince of Savage Tides, he promptly explodes.

OOC: DC15 reflex save for Kibeti, Angati and Alohan or take 1d6 acid damge.

The party now find themselves alone in the room of swinging silks - most of the beautiful fabrics are now ruined. They become aware that the awful howls and curses coming from the nearby rooms have NOT stopped. This place still sounds like a demented madhouse.

Logan's corpse(s) lie about ten feet apart, close to the spot where the cursed dinosaur ripped him in two.
Angati
 PC, 555 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 11 May 2016
at 07:32
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati was suddenly hit by a strong case of giggles. As weird as it would seem on a respectable elderly lady such as her, she started giggling uncontrollably. For some reason, everything she saw made her giggle even more.

The little lemur with the arrow stuck in it's eye, made her fall to the floor laughing, unable to remember that it would explode and getting a nice acid shower because of this. Still, the giggles had her, and looking at herself covered in the flesh eating acid, could not make her stop.
Alohan Nuari
 player, 415 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Wed 11 May 2016
at 13:36
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
He looked to Kassius questioningly, glancing back to Angati. It was too much for Alohan. Angati's fit of giggles, the death of his friend, and how alone he was feeling began to weigh on his conscious. He was beginning to regret dismissing Remmi -and while it might be long hours before he would even be back in Sasserine- at least he could have clung to the hope of talking with his companion. He felt quite alone in this moment.

Taking care to step around the globs of acid, Alohan found a place amongst the silks to sit. It was a bit away from the others, enough that he hoped none could see the emotions stream down his face.
Reflexive: 09:21, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 19,1 using 1d20+6,1d6.  Reflex Save, possible Dmg.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1749 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 11 May 2016
at 14:54
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati gets sprayed with acid in the face but just giggles her way through the pain. Alohan dodges it.

OOC: Kibeti still needs to make his save, but what with his fantastic reflexes and acid resistance I doubt he will take any damage.

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   DEAD
Celene  HP: 12/21 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 15/38 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 23/28 <MF NOT USED>


OOC: You may not proceed until all party members are fully healed. Angati, time to tear the shrink-wrap off that wand of CLW and get busy!

Kassius
 player, 395 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 11 May 2016
at 22:15
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Dungeon Master:
OOC: Kibeti still needs to make his save, but what with his fantastic reflexes and acid resistance I doubt he will take any damage.

That would be correct
18:13, Today: Kibeti rolled 22,5 using 1d20+8,1d6.  reflex save,potential damage.

Also, Kassius encourages (relative) haste. If we heal/wand up quickly and move on, his gravity bow spell might last until the next battle (duration 3 minutes).

Celene
 player, 868 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 11 May 2016
at 23:39
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene kept her eyes away from Logan's body. She preferred to remember him whole. She gave Alohan his space and quirked an eyebrow at Angati as she tittered on the ground. For the moment the conflicted sorceress swallowed her own problems and tried to put on a brave face. Approaching Kassius "Do any of the routes further in seem a better choice?" she asked.

I can channel some more or would you rather use the wand at this point?
Kassius
 player, 396 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 12 May 2016
at 02:02
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"
Hmmm, it would seem I'm the group's best scout now."
Kassius says. His voice is level, almost emotionless. Unlike some of the others, the half-orc deals with extreme emotions by suppressing and hiding them from his friends. Still, a careful ear could detect the barely suppressed stammer in the middle of his words.

Looking over the entrances, Kassius tries to quickly determine if there's any path that is more preferable.
22:01, Today: Kassius rolled 23,16 using 1d20+10,1d20+10. perception, survival.
Perception looking for general clues/traps, survival looking for tracks at each of the entrances.


Channeling is more efficient when there are lots of injuries. CLW is better for 1-2. Since we currently have three injured, I'd say maybe 1 channel (likely to bring Kibeti to near full), than use the wand as needed after that?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1750 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 12 May 2016
at 05:38
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius carefully scouts out the room and its exits. It is a large cavern with a 20' high ceiling studded with stalactites and drying lines strung between them. Away from the area of the battle some of the silks look like they might actually be salvageable. The hunter doesn’t have Logan’s ability to accurately appraise the value of things, but finds eight that he reckons might be worth around 50gp each. He also stumbles across a low table in the north-east corner of the room that holds a jumble of fancy looking bound books, spread out to dry. Although water damaged, the collection of tomes on topics ranging from lizardfolk cuisine to naturalist studies of the Jungle Coast area might be worth 200gp as a lot.

OOC: Added to the party loot thread

There are a total of five exits from the room, including the one they use to enter by in the south-east.

The north-east exit is a short corridor into a small cavern holding some big pens made out of bamboo, several of which look like they have been smashed. In addition to the terrible rotten egg smell that forms the background odour of this place he can smell wet fur in that direction.

The north-west exit leads to a long passageway with a door about 15’ down on the left-hand side – the howling noises are particularly bad from this direction.

The western exit leads to a passageway that quickly bends to the south so he can’t see very far, but he hears a rhythmic thumping from that direction.

The south-west is a passageway with bright sunlight at the end - he realises that this just leads to the outside.

OOC: Sigh. Still no internet other than using my mobile. Had to give up on the new ISP since they spent days trying to get the connection to my house working. Decided to go back to the old supplier even though it is more expensive. At least they can get it working. Anyway, that means you need to hold off on the map update for a little longer.

Once you are healed you may choose a direction and proceed.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1751 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 12 May 2016
at 05:40
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
If there is any magic items on Logan's corpse that your character might find useful, I'm sure he wouldn't mind you borrowing them.
Angati
 PC, 556 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 12 May 2016
at 08:03
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati had trouble removing the shrink wrap from he wand, it was too stuck and without wrinkles so she had to use her teeth.

Angati picked the wand from her belt, and started healing her friends, it took a little while, with several charges used mostly on herself and Celene, but by the time she was done, they were all as good as new... except for poor Logan she thought giving another look at her friends body, and taking some of the better kept silks and covering her body as well as she could with it. "Will be back for you..." she said patting the corpse.

OOC: 7 Charges off the CLW.
2 Charges on Celen for 13hp
1 Charge Kibeti for 6hp
4 Charges on Angati for 24hp

09:00, Today: Angati rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  CLW Angati.
08:59, Today: Angati rolled 11 using 3d8+1.  CLW Angati. Error wanted to roll just 1 more.
08:59, Today: Angati rolled 17 using 3d8+3.  CLW Angati.
08:57, Today: Angati rolled 6 using 1d8+1.
08:57, Today: Angati rolled 6 using 1d8+1.  CLW Celene.
08:56, Today: Angati rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  CLW Celene.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1753 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 12 May 2016
at 11:14
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Great, which route out? Don't be shy - first one to post chooses the direction...
Angati
 PC, 557 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 12 May 2016
at 11:20
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Let's get over with this if we can... let's take the North-West route shall we ?".
Celene
 player, 870 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Thu 12 May 2016
at 19:09
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene feeling much better, after the light wanding, allowed the others to take the lead as they walked towards the howling madness.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1754 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 12 May 2016
at 20:03
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati:
Angati had trouble removing the shrink wrap from he wand, it was too stuck and without wrinkles so she had to use her teeth.


OOC: Well at least it is finally getting used :D

Angati:
Angati picked the wand from her belt, and started healing her friends, it took a little while, with several charges used mostly on herself and Celene, but by the time she was done, they were all as good as new...


Can you please add the number of remaining charges on that one onto your character status block that you have at the bottom of each combat post?

Angati:
except for poor Logan she thought giving another look at her friends body, and taking some of the better kept silks and covering her body as well as she could with it. "Will be back for you..." she said patting the corpse.


You are exploring a cavern full of ravenous cannibal pirates, and you're just going to leave the body of your friend there, hanging like a smoked salami? Dang, that is cold man...

How much of the corpse needs to remain to cast raise dead in pathfinder anyway? If you can extract some of Logan's hair and teeth from a savage pirate stool, would that be enough?


Celene:
Celene feeling much better, after the light wanding...


Yes, we all enjoy a bit of light wanding now and again...

Scotch on the rocks RULTZ!


The party move down the corridor and reach a primitive looking door set into a natural exit from the passageway - it is possible to peer around the sides of the doorframe which doesn't cover the whole entrance. On the front of the door the following has been written in boilerplate lettering with a thick piece of charcoal: "UROL'S ALCHEMY LABORATORY - STAY OUT!".

Through the cracks in the side of the door frame you can see that the roughly circular cavern on the other side is rather small - about 20' in diameter. A haphazard barricade of shelves, tables and large books is jumbled up against the door, forming a very crude obstacle to getting in. Beyond that, large pottery urns line the walls, within each of these grows a riot of strange mushrooms, fluted toadstools, phosphorescent moulds, greasy-looking fronds of pale lichens and all matter of strange fungi. Several large glass terrariums, their walls beaded with condensation, stand along the west wall. One of these is shattered, the loamy soil within spilling out onto the sandy floor near a long but low table heaped with flasks, jars, bottles and tools. From behind this table rises a small plume of smoke.

As the party peek into this room, they are conscious of the racket from the end of the corridor. They can't see much of the room that opens up there, but there is at least one large pen constructed of bamboo inside the room and there are a couple of creatures howling and shouting from within it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1755 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 12 May 2016
at 20:05
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Updated map - the party are following the NW corridor.
Celene
 player, 871 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Thu 12 May 2016
at 21:03
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene cleaned her neck to see into the room "We should check through these stores. There's bound to be something that can help us." The sorceress said hopefully. She was for any edge possible that might turn the tide should another of those cursed dinosaurs find them.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1756 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 13 May 2016
at 04:03
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
I need a strength check to push the door open - two people can push together.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1757 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 13 May 2016
at 06:20
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Character Strength Scores

Alohan  14 +2
Angati  13 +1
Celene   8 -1
Kassius 11 +0

Kibeti  14 +2
Logan   10 +0

Cats and dead people can't push.

Hmm, this is not a very strong party. This is a DC18 strength check, although if you failed you can start smashing it open - this will make some noise.

Beni, please feel free to roll for you and Alohan pushing together.

Celene
 player, 872 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Fri 13 May 2016
at 14:41
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene rummages in her pack and draws out a crowbar. She looks it up and down and then passes it up the line. "Try this. Should make things easier." she said somewhat cheerfully. Finally she was able to contribute to something; even if it was just carrying the right tool for the job.

It's on her character sheet. :) Just in case you ask.
Angati
 PC, 558 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 13 May 2016
at 17:24
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Family weekend out,  will be hard for me to post.
18:23, Today: Angati rolled 13 using 1d20+3.  Str Roll.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1758 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 13 May 2016
at 18:32
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati:
Family weekend out,  will be hard for me to post.
18:23, Today: Angati rolled 13 using 1d20+3.  Str Roll.


Same goes for me.

The dark skinned native and the stout oracle (who appears to be in her 50's but has a strength far beyond that) push and shove against the door and the primitive barricade beyond it. But it is no use, they can't open the door more than an inch before the combined weight of shelving, desks and books proves too much. Just pushing will not be enough.

A crockery pot on the top of the pile is knocked off and tumbles down to land on a table leg where it explodes with a loud (to the party) crash, and spills a few dried herbs. The noise level from down the corridor does not change, nor does what they are screaming out. "KILL! EAT! KILL! EAT!", "I AM SO HUUUUUNGRY!" and "MY SOUL FOR THE PRINCE OF THE SAVAGE TIDES!" But the noise of the rattling cages it seems like they are somehow penned up back there.

Celene:
It's on her character sheet. :) Just in case you ask.


Crazy!! But actually the perfect tool for the job. Do you guys want to start peeling off the boards on the door frame? It isn't a professional job and should be pretty easy.

Anyone should feel free to answer.

Celene
 player, 873 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Fri 13 May 2016
at 18:37
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
I think that would be for the best. Will make less noise than hacking through the door.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1759 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 13 May 2016
at 18:39
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
With the rest of the party standing with drawn weapons and anxious eyes on the end of the corridor, Alohan starts tearing away the boards in an effort to get into the room.

OOC: MUST... HAVE.... LOOT!
Urol Forol
 PC, 1 post
Fri 13 May 2016
at 18:44
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
As the breaking crockery announces the attempt to force the barricade, a brief patter of foot-falls can be heard inside the room.

"Eh?  Who's out there?"  A few moments of silence go by, and a puff of breath carries with it the powerful stench of burnt plant matter.  "No matter, I'm safe in here with my loco-weed and my little Amary."  A brief titter.

"You all made fun of me for smoking it, and now look at you!  Tearing each other to pieces.  No, I'll just wait in here until all the fuss is gone.  You're never going to get past my barricade anyway."
Alohan Nuari
 player, 416 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Sat 14 May 2016
at 16:28
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
'I'll show you,' Alohan thought to himself, rising to challenge whatever it was attempting to keep him and his allies out. He used the crowbar to hack and pull, using the tool to leverage the door open inch by inch. He was making excellent progress but soon the tool snagged, catching Alohan at an awkward angle. His knee twisted inward and he tweaked his back. It hurt, enough that he had to step away from the door and 'walk it off.'

As he stomped around the corridor sucking in air and holding his lower back, he passed the crowbar to Kassius. "I be needin' a second," he mumbled, pacing in a circle.
STR: 12:24, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 3 using 1d20+2 ((1)).
I never thought I would ever NOT want to play a game due to the dice rollers but holy hell. It's like Alohan is cursed. It's disheartening.

Celene
 player, 874 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Sat 14 May 2016
at 16:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene watched as the attempts to open the door proved futile. She decided to try another avenue "Sir? Urol is it? We are not afflicted with whatever has turned these man and animals into savage mindless beasts. We are here to put a stop to it. Allow us in and maybe we can work together to clear this up. Otherwise I'm afraid a number of these men, or one of the dinosaurs, will break down your barricade and make a meal of you. We also have a boat at anchor nearby; we're willing to give you safe passage out of here should you choose to leave." She hoped the man could hear her over the screams of the savages.

Cast Guidance

12:34, Today: Celene rolled 18 using 1d20+9.  Diplomacy.

Kassius
 player, 397 posts
 Hunter 4
Sun 15 May 2016
at 01:53
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius holds back on destroying the barricade, hoping that Celene's more peaceful overture might work. It was worth an attempt, although Kassius' previous attempt at peace with the crazed residents of this island had not worked well.
Angati
 PC, 559 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 16 May 2016
at 13:37
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati thought it would be nearly impossible to have the man change his mind, but it was well worth the effort, so while they were at it, she decided to help Celene on that.

"Dear Mr. Forol, we have come to you, looking for your highly recommended and valued services. Your name has become somewhat of a legend within the Alchemist circles, and while I am not an alchemist myself I must say that I am pretty impressed by the prowess of your creations".

She paused a bit "Now, we have been sent to verify if your knowledge and alchemical capabilities do actually stand to the name you have made for yourself, but of course, we are not going to continue risking our lives in this tasks just to hear you muttering through a door. We need to see proof that you are actually THE living and breathing UROL FOROL and that your prowess stands up to your reputation".
Urol Forol
 PC, 2 posts
Mon 16 May 2016
at 18:38
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
After a few moments of quiet, you hear the sound of scraping inside the room, and the gnome seems to be muttering to himself.  Finally, the door swings open, about an inch, enough to see Urol's face.  The gnome is dirty, and a strange smell comes from the room as soon as the door is open - a mixture of the noxious loco-weed the gnome has been smoking, as well as the smell of alchemical agents, and a deep odor of mildew and rot.  He stared at the party for awhile, taking in their faces, then exhaled.

"I can tell you're not afflicted with whatever got the rest of them.  No strange appendages, and you're not yelling and screaming, so that's a good sign.  Got to watch out for those types, eh?  And you've got a boat? All the better!  I wouldn't be wanting to spend the rest of my life trapped here, that's for certain.  Though I do have some company, isn't that right?"

The gnome reached down and patted a moist sack hanging off his belt, which seemed to push back against him.  Urol smiled again.  "Yes, that's right."

His attention suddenly shifted to Angati, and he eyed the woman suspiciously.  "You've heard of me?  Then you must surely know all about the wondrous genera of fungi!  Is that why you're seeking my advice?  Oh, tell me more!  I've seen a lot, probably more than anyone else, I wager, but I'm always looking for new ones to add to my little sketchbook.  As long as it isn't just a new morph of some existing mold."  The gnome blew out his cheeks.  "Won't believe how many people think they've found a new species of mold, and it turns out to just be an existing one, living in a strange place, with some coloring caused by a trace mineral in the soil - or, and this was really funny, just sick!  Ha!  I know, I didn't believe it myself!  But sometimes molds can get their own infections, and it can affect their coloring.  Well, anyway, that was a pretty sore spot for a naturalist, made quite the fool of him I did."  Urol looks up.  "Anyway, so you were saying you needed my assistance?  Let me get a few things and I'll be back."

The gnome closed the door and retreated back into his room.  Only the occasional sounds of muttering and tinkling glass emerged, accompanied by heavy scraping sounds.  A little later, the gnome pushed the door open far enough to squeeze through.  He blinked a few times, and addressed Celene: "So, where's this boat, then?"
Celene
 player, 875 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Mon 16 May 2016
at 19:09
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene was taken aback by the gnome’s sudden willingness to leave his hidey hole ”The ship is waiting a few miles north of Kraken’s Cove. We won’t be returning to it until we finish our business here. You are welcome to join us on the return trip. If you are willing, and able, to help us further your knowledge of these caves would be a great asset.”that was as much information as Celene was willing to part with. She had no idea who this man might be in league with.
Angati
 PC, 560 posts
 Oracle 4
Tue 17 May 2016
at 07:43
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati nodded "I have heard talk of you from some important people in Sasserine, and our own patron, Lady Lavinia Vanderboren, holds an extensive collection of books, among which I'd have sworn I have seen your name if not as an author, at least mentioned. I am sure our patron would be most interested in knowing you, and who knows... extend her patronage to you too. She is most generous. But now, we need to finish our job here if you would be kind enough to help us, we would be most grateful splitting the sploits with you fairly. Else, as Celene mentioned, you can head outside the cave... that way is clear of monsters now... and wait for us either there or at our boat".

She paused a bit "The acidic blood of one of those things has touched me though and though I feel fine a feel a bit slower to my wit... do you happen to know anything about these beasts ? and the savage tide ?".
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1761 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 17 May 2016
at 16:19
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan Nuari:
STR: 12:24, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 3 using 1d20+2 ((1)).
I never thought I would ever NOT want to play a game due to the dice rollers but holy hell. It's like Alohan is cursed. It's disheartening.


OOC: Seriously Ron, from your very first combat roll onwards (natural 1) the dice roll has really had it in for you in this game. All I can say is that I do believe in statistics and the answer is simply to roll more dice.

Celene:
Celene was taken aback by the gnome’s sudden willingness to leave his hidey hole...


Yep, that's D&D for you. "You seem like a trustworthy fellow, would you like to join our party?" :D

Urol joins the party, slotting in at position three while Angati moves up to position two in order to fill in for the missing Logan. The pungent gnome seems to know the cavern complex quite well, having stayed here a couple of months since being employed by the Crimson Fleet pirates for... well, he is  bit vague about what he was up to.

OOC: I'll make a rough map to show what Urol knows and tells the party, and post it in this thread. But since he knows nothing about the whereabouts of Vanthus, the party has no choice but to continue exploring.


The party pushes on up the corridor and reaches a large cavern with dozens of five-foot-wide iron cages built into the walls. Some are empty, while other contain the partially eaten remains of dead men and women. Yet most horrible are those cages that contain thrashing, wailing figures. Each of these seems more deformed than the last: twisting legs, writhing arms, vestigial second heads, and jaws agape with too many teeth. These things are all on display as the mad prisoners howl and slobber and throw themselves against the walls of their cages in a cacophonous attempt to break free. Cries like "I WILL EAT YOU!", "PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE MISS! SO HUNGRY! JUST ONE LITTLE TASTE!" and "ALL HAIL THE PRINCE OF SAVAGE TIDES!" resonate in amongst the meaningless growls and cries.

The cages look solid enough - they have held these poor curse misfortunates here for long enough anyway. It seems safe enough to progress to the single corridor leaving the room - as long as you stay out of arm and bit reach anyway.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1762 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 17 May 2016
at 16:21
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Updated map. Urol's lab is the room in the SW, the cavern with the prisoners is the one in the north.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1763 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 17 May 2016
at 18:27
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Urol grabs a piece of parchment from his lab and sketches out this rough map. You'll have to ask him if you want more details about each room.
Kassius
 player, 398 posts
 Hunter 4
Tue 17 May 2016
at 20:41
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius had steadily become more and more disturbed, ever since they had sailed to this cursed island. First the brutalized animals, then the scene of horror at the dock. After that, they had encountered multiple groups of berserk foes, attacking with terrifying efficiency and brutal disregard for their own lives.

Now these prisoners, caged yet shrieking curses. What the frak was going on here?!

"Let's remember what we came here for. We're searching for that scum Vanthus, and then we need to get the frak back to normality. Sure I'd like to know who this "Prince of the Savage Tides" is, and what craziness can explain this place, but I'm not interested in ending up like poor Logan trying to find out!

Urol, who is this Kigante who's quarters you have marked?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:42, Tue 17 May 2016.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 417 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Wed 18 May 2016
at 00:24
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"....And what he be keepin' as tophys?" Alohan asked, piggy-backing off of Kassius's question. To emphasize his inquiry, Alohan pointed to Urol's map -specifically at the cavern labeled 'Trophy Room." All this business with caged monstrosities and the 'prince of the savage tide' was all well and good but Alohan didn't want to deal with a creature keeping prized skeletons or shrunken heads without them knowing. He also didn't want this.. Kigante to boast some kind of green dragon as a pet or something. If there had been one thing he learned while in Sasserine it had to be to ask the important questions -and not to sleep with evil women.

""And I be findin' it surprising dese creatures be bathing and using de toilet like civilized creatures."
Curse: Dice gods hate me. Rolling more will just dig my hole deeper.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:24, Wed 18 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1764 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 18 May 2016
at 05:44
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius:
"Let's remember what we came here for. We're searching for that scum Vanthus, and then we need to get the frak back to normality...


OOC: I am glad that someone remembered. Sometimes with this party it seems to be just about the loot :P


Alohan Nuari:
...If there had been one thing he learned while in Sasserine it had to be to ask the important questions -and not to sleep with evil women.


Ha! We'll see how long that lasts!
Angati
 PC, 561 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 18 May 2016
at 07:46
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati continued walking, "I hope that Vanthus has payed you handsomely... I have heard he was in league with a certain Avner... hmm Avner... Meravanchi... yes !!! that was it... the Meravanchi, along with this Vanthus guy they were spreading rumours about you being good for nothing and running stoned all day not being able to even find your way from the noble district to the merchant district... and stupid things like that, which... looking at you seem like nothing but slanders. But of course... it might have just been a ruse to keep your prices down... still, doing that at the cost of your reputation seems quite unfair".
Urol Forol
 PC, 3 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 01:07
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol started to point at various places on his map.  "Kigante is the self-styled 'pirate king' of this place.  I'm not sure about pirate king, but he seems to have done pretty well for himself.  Managed to actually semi-retire, and now runs this place as a staging area for the Crimson Fleet's operations.  A place for pirates to rest, resupply, transfer cargo, etc."

The gnome pointed to the trophy room.  "About what you'd expect from a pirate.  Trophies from all his battles with ships - a seachest from one, a figurehead from another.  Then the oddities you get from spending a lifetime on the seas.  Parts of strange animals, pickled and preserved - skulls of giant lizards, fish with two heads.  It's all pretty plain, though.  Now if he had collected molds, spores and fungi, I'd be more interested."  The gnome shakes his head sadly and sighs.  "But no one seems to realize the wonder in these sorts of things," the gnome smiles and pats the moist bag hanging from his belt.

He looked to Angati.  "Ah, I remember the Vanderborens fondly.  Larissa, ah she was a good one.  She was really into exotic plants and animals.  Even willing to talk about molds!  I remember collecting a notebook, promising to teach Lavinia all about it as she grew older.  I helped them set up a colony called Farshore on the Isle of Dread, but one time they left and never came back.  Then that fracking Lord Manthalay kicked me out.  I tried to track down the Vanderborens, but they were already dead.  I didn't have anything else to do, so I signed on with these pirates instead."
Angati
 PC, 562 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 19 May 2016
at 08:38
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati nods "Ahh... well, Lavinia is a good girl still, and she wants to continue her parents work.. so it might well be that she'd hire you again to restore that plantation... I had thought you were with Vanthus... I fear he is the one that has loosened this kind of plague over these pirates."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1767 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 19 May 2016
at 18:41
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Yes, yes, all very clever. Everyone gets the full roleplaying bonus at the end of this adventure :P

Now on with the show!


The group walk onwards through the cavern with the prisoners, being careful not to get close. As the savage men realise that they are not going to have a chance to snack they become even more enraged and scream, snarl, curse and spit at the passing adventurers. All to no avail. The iron cages are too strong and the savage prisoners are stuck.

Just as Urol's map said, the next cavern is the trophy room, and just like he said it is filled with an eclectic collection of spoils taken from various vessels over the years - and a bunch of stuff that just looks like it was found on the bottom of the sea floor.

The 'Thunder Lizard' skull is very impressive. It is the cranium of a huge creature that would have been able to swallow even Alohan in one gulp! (It's a T-Rex skull of course). Celene scans the collection of ship nameplates, seeing if she can recognise any of them... "St. Asmod's Hope", "Wavereaper", "Sea Ghost", and a barnacle-encrusted mast of wood with letters badly eroded by a great deal of time spent below the waves. The only legible letters read "T...M...AUT".

Cue old school goodness. These names all apparently reference old modules, but it's just Greek to me.

Sadly, it's all either just junk or far too bulky to retrieve. The only trophy that might be considered a real treasure is a leather-bound collection of nautical charts well over three hundred years old. Urol knows from hours spent pouring over them that these charts are remarkably detailed and he thinks also very accurate, more so even than most modern ones. Kigate would never let Urol take it out of the cave, but now...

They grant a +4 circumstance bonus on navigation checks.

In one corner of the room there is hope of some more traditional treasure however - there are three sea chests lined up against the wall. Alohan prods them with a dinosaur bone - no immediate traps obvious but all three are locked.

What are you going to do without a thief?!

Angati checks out the storage room to the south. There are plenty of blankets, clothing, cases of crossbow bolts, a collection of swords, pole arms, axes and other weaponry.

You can find any mundane weapon as listed in the players handbook.


Dungeon Master
 GM, 1768 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 19 May 2016
at 18:44
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
There are three exits:

To the north-east begins the maze that Urol identified as leading to Kigate's quarters. The nasty smelling gnome has never been in there so doesn't know any more about it, although none of the pirates ever mentioned anything about a dragon guardian! No sound is heard in that direction.

To the south is a passage that leads towards the kennels. No sound is coming from there.

To the south-east a narrow passage leads towards the bathroom. As Kassius strains his eyes to see in that direction, he hears the faint sound of a young girl sobbing her heart out.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:58, Thu 19 May 2016.

Celene
 player, 878 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Thu 19 May 2016
at 19:38
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene took note of the nautical charts hoping to come back for them later. As the sorceress passed the racks of weapons she selected a long wooden spear with a dark shaft. She assumed Alohan would approve of the choice; and it might keep some distance between her and any more of the savage creatures that might be lurking in the caverns. She peered at the chests thinking briefly of Logan and then she turned to Urol ”Does this Kigate have keys to the chests?” she asked as she leaned on her new weapon.

”We should check these smaller areas before we head right into Kigate’s quarters.” she offered if asked about a direction.
Urol Forol
 PC, 4 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 20:36
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol smiled.  "He probably does, but as long as we're leaving here anyway, let me have a look at them."

The gnome bends over, muttering to himself, and prods the chests with some crude tools.

Bam!  Alchemists get Disable Device too.

16:36, Today: Urol Forol rolled 19 using 1d20+8.  Open Chest 3.
16:36, Today: Urol Forol rolled 21 using 1d20+8.  Open Chest 2.
16:36, Today: Urol Forol rolled 19 using 1d20+8.  Open Chest 1.

Kassius
 player, 399 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 19 May 2016
at 23:26
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Do you all hear that? Some girl's crying. I think it's coming from that direction, let's go and see if we're not too late."
Kassius says, pointing down the south-east passage and heading over there quickly, not worrying about the chests for now. Kibeti follows behind, and Kassius pauses after a few steps, making sure the other's are following him.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1769 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 20 May 2016
at 06:04
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene picks up a stout pirate spear and starts carrying it around as a staff.

Urol Forol:
Bam!  Alchemists get Disable Device too.


Ka-boom! They're all DC30! I miss Logan!

Urol tinkers with the chests for a bit, but it is clear he is no rogue. After a couple of minutes he has to admit defeat - he isn't able to open any of them!

The party heads to the south-east in the direction of the sobbing girl.

After about 20' the passageway ends in a large cavern filled with the sound of sloshing water. The eastern half of the cave consists of a large frothy tide pool, its depths thick with seaweed rolling with the surge of the sea. The churning waves on the surface reflect the light from the few torches in the room at odd angles, making the light move and dance along the cavern walls. Several narrow fissures in the ceiling seem to lead up to the cliff face to the south, allowing a brick breeze to whip through the chamber.

At the very southern end of the room is the source of the sobbing. A young girl is sitting with her back to the party, hunched over something and bawling her eyes out. She seems to notice the party as they enter the other side of the room, but doesn't turn to look at them.
Brissa Santos
 NPC, 10 posts
Fri 20 May 2016
at 06:04
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"What? Who is that? Is that you Vanthus, my love? Oh, I knew you wouldn't leave me. I love you so much!" It is Brissa Santos, the young red-headed girl that Angati, Celene and Kassius interviewed in the Azure district a couple of days ago in an effort to track down the misanthropic Vanderboren youth.
Angati
 PC, 564 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 20 May 2016
at 07:45
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Oh my God... is that you Brissa ?" asked Angati as she approached the girl "Come, stand up dear, let me see how you fare" she said remembering that the girl was pregnant. She did not want to touch any touchy subjects remembering also how adamant the girl was to admitting the obvious facts.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1772 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 20 May 2016
at 11:38
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
:D Yeah, there's no way this is a trap at all. :D I'll post when I get home. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate you players being good sports about some of the klutzy scenes in the modules where you have to separate character knowledge from player suspicion a bit.
Brissa Santos
 NPC, 11 posts
Fri 20 May 2016
at 19:19
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Brissa does not stand up, at least not when Angati asks her to, and when the young artist continues speaking she doesn't acknowledge Angati's question at all.

"Why did you leave me Vanthus? When the green fog hit us it hurt so much, I was worried for the baby, but I can feel it still moving inside me now. It seems so strong!"

Her voice coarsens and takes on a gravely tone. "And I am so hungry Vanthus! Please, have you brought me something to eat?" She begins to rise to her feet. She is still facing away from the party, but as she stands up it seems that she is much taller than she used to be.
Anansi
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 20 May 2016
at 19:20
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Oh no no no no no!" wails Anansi. "Oh no no no, Angati. Bad, so bad!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1773 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 20 May 2016
at 19:28
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Here's ya map
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1774 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 20 May 2016
at 19:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The thing that used to be the promising young artist Brissa Santos turns round and the party are shocked at the transformation. The creature that stands before them is a malformed monster, a slavering madwoman with a twisted jaw of shark's teeth, a hunched back and wide splayed hands writhing from additional hook tipped fingers. From her head sprout a collection of pus dripping dreadlocks which drop globules of hissing acid on the sand as she moves towards the party.
Brissa Santos
 NPC, 12 posts
Fri 20 May 2016
at 19:35
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"I AM SO HUNGRY!" screams the monstrosity as it charges at the party.
21:28, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 21 using 1d20+8.  Brissa initiative.

If you roll higher than 21 on your initiative then go ahead and take a free turn.

Just for a change I am going to supply the target's AC:

AC 21
Touch 12
Flat-footed 16

DR 5/magic


This message was last edited by the player at 19:38, Fri 20 May 2016.

Kassius
 player, 400 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 20 May 2016
at 23:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
19:30, Today: Kassius rolled 7 using 1d20+5. initiative.
Well, I'm not going first!

Also, has it been more than three minutes since the last combat? Hoping Gravity Bow might still be in effect.

Angati
 PC, 567 posts
 Oracle 4
Sat 21 May 2016
at 11:56
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Well, me neither. :)
12:54, Today: Angati rolled 13 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.

Celene
 player, 881 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Sat 21 May 2016
at 15:40
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Incapable of beating it.

11:39, Today: Celene rolled 15 using 1d20.  Initiative.

Urol Forol
 PC, 5 posts
Sat 21 May 2016
at 18:00
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
13:58, Today: Urol Forol rolled 10 using 1d20+1.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 18:00, Sat 21 May 2016.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 419 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Sat 21 May 2016
at 18:51
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan had been overly suspicious of Brissa. He hadn't ever met the woman but Angati' had filled him in on specifics back in Sasserine. He remembered thinking of how she might appear, curious to her beauty. She had not been exactly as Alohan pictured her -and in an odd sense of things- Alohan had been wary of her tricks. This backwards logic had steeled him to what was to come.

As Barissa (or fake Barissa) charged, Alohan turned inwardly. He slowed his breathing, drawing his pele into himself. He turned, planted his feet, then readied as she charged. When she was within arms reach, Alohan kicked, aiming for the creature's sternum. Alas, Barissa was quicker, adjusting her angle causing Alohan to land a glancing blow.

He gritted his teeth, knowing he needed to be better and dwelling how he wasn't.
Initiative: 14:41, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 23 using 1d20+4 ((19))
14:48, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 18,6 using 1d20+6,1d6+2 ((12,4)).

Move Action: --
Standard Action: FReady an action to Stunning Fist when she charges
Free/Swift Action: --

HP: 39/39  AC: 18  CMD: 17  | 19 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 0  |  1  Note: GOD DANGIT

This message was last edited by the player at 18:51, Sat 21 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1777 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 23 May 2016
at 05:09
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The monstrously deformed Brissa charges Angati, brushing aside Alohan's clumsy attempt to stun her. The girl attacks with the long jagged talons that now poke from her hands, and desperately tries to claw at the oracle face and shoulders. Angati Lidu holds her ground and with a grim face blocks the girl with her shield, suffering only a few superficial scratches (2 hp damage).

Brissa has charged into D4. Her AC until her next turn is 19/10/14.

Kassius:
Also, has it been more than three minutes since the last combat? Hoping Gravity Bow might still be in effect.


Since the end of the last combat you have:

- bagged Logan up into a piece of silk
- searched the drying room and found some treasure
- explored a corridor and tried to force a door open
- negotiated with smelly gnome and allowed him to join the party
- waited for him to draw a map of the complex and have him explain it to you
- navigated through a room filled with savage prisoners
- searched the trophy room and waited while the gnome tried to open three chests
- searched the supply room (Celene took a spear)
- explored another small corridor and entered this bathroom
- briefly spoken with Brissa

So, it is more than 3 minutes! I would say more like 45 minutes


HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 39/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 36/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 21/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Brissa Santos: <MF NOT USED>


The rest of you are free to take your turns now.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:11, Mon 23 May 2016.

Brissa Santos
 NPC, 13 posts
Mon 23 May 2016
at 05:10
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
As she claws at Angati's face Brissa keeps screaming out a mixture of "Don't hurt my baby!" and "I'm so huuungry!".
Angati
 PC, 568 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 23 May 2016
at 08:42
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Judging by how fast the thing moved, Angati judged that it would be terribly difficult for her to land a hit on the monstrosity that Brissa had turned into, so taking a step back to avoid being hit by the thing while she casted she said "For a while dear... I am gonna let you be me... see how that feels", and as she concentrated, a bluish wave of light parted from her plexus straight to Brissa making her age, wrinkling and loosing muscle at an alarming rate.


Free : 5ft to back | Swft :  | Move :  | Stnd : Cast Oracle's Burden

Casting Oracles' Burden. DC 16 - (MF ready if she passes).
–2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha

[Private to DM: dice rolls]

HP: 35 |  AC: 22 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 3/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Celene
 player, 882 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Mon 23 May 2016
at 17:29
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene created so space between herself and the flailing creature that was once Brissa. She shifted her spear into her left hand and with a few whispered words of power she created a coating of grease on the ground beneath the cursed woman’s feet.


Free :  | Swft : | Move : Move to G:2  | Stnd : Cast Grease | Full :

Reflex Save DC 15 or fall prone. Cast in squares C:4,D:4,C:5,D:5.


HP: 21/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 4/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (4/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-)

Brissa Santos
 NPC, 14 posts
Mon 23 May 2016
at 18:08
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
20:05, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 16 using 1d20+1.  Brissa will save vs Oracle's burden.
20:06, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 18 using 1d20+1.  Brissa reroll for Oracle's burden.
20:06, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 9 using 1d20+7.  Brissa save vs grease.


Brissa shakes's off Angati's attempt to curse her (despite the reroll), but slips over in the grease that Celene has magic'ed up under her.

Brissa is now prone.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 18:20, Mon 23 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1779 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 23 May 2016
at 18:11
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Battle map in the middle of round one

Kassius, Kibeti, Urol & Alohan still to play in this round.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:21, Mon 23 May 2016.

Urol Forol
 PC, 6 posts
Mon 23 May 2016
at 19:45
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Standing in the middle of the pack, Urol felt vaguely comforted, but still more scared than locked away in his chamber.  "Ah!  This is why I was hiding away!  If this woman was spending time with Vanthus, she was disturbed even before whatever twisted her!"
The gnome tosses a bubbling vile at the screaming creature, then flinches as the ice-tinged explosion touches his new ally.  "Sorry 'bout that!  Not used to fighting with others!"



Free: Swift: Standard: Throw Cold Bomb vs Brissa Move:

Bomb hits for 6 Cold Damage vs Touch 11.  Brissa is Staggered unless she makes a Fort Save, DC 14.
She can also save for 1/2 damage, Reflex DC 14.  Alohan is caught in the splash and takes 3 Damage, Reflex DC 14 for half.

15:40, Today: Urol Forol rolled 10 using 1d20+5.  Ranged Touch.  (Actually 11 because of PBS)
15:42, Today: Urol Forol rolled 5 using 2d6+2.  Bomb Damage.


HP: 28/28     AC: 15/12/14     Saves: 6/5/4

1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Bombs: 54
Extracts/Day
1: 4
2: 2

This message was last edited by the player at 18:40, Tue 24 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1781 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 23 May 2016
at 19:52
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
21:50, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Brissa fort save.
21:51, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 27 using 1d20+7.  Brissa reflex save.


Despite being prone on the ground, the thrashing Brissa is able to avoid the worst of the effects from Urol's cold bomb. (3 hp damage and not staggered)
Alohan Nuari
 player, 420 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Mon 23 May 2016
at 22:26
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
During the 'heat' of battle, Alohan felt a burning freeze on his backside. Barissa had just stumbled to the sand and Alohan was adjusting his stance only to witness a vial of alchemical wizardry smash into the turf besides him. Of course Barissa was too busy attempting to get her footing -only Alohan was caught unawares. The recklessness of the attack momentarily wavered his control. He felt his anger swell, ready to burst forth. "This damn gnome' he thought to himself, as his skin burned with an intense freeze.

He steadied his breathing, focusing his mind. His level head told him to use Barissa's moment of incapacitation for positioning. He did so, giving the creature a wide enough birth but still coming up behind her. If Angati would close in with him, they could potentially surround the creature -much to their endangerment.

Worrying less about what was to come, Alohan stomped down upon Barissa's shoulder. He felt it connect solidly and heard the creature answer in kind. Stepping back, Alohan found his footing and prepared himself.
18:16, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 9 using 1d20+6 ((3)) -Reflex Save
18:15, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 23,6 using 1d20+6,1d6+2 ((17,4)) -Attack Damage.
Move Action: Move to D5 to flank with Angati
Standard Action: Kick her while she's down
Free/Swift Action: --

HP: 36/39  AC: 18  CMD: 17  | 19 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 0  |  1  Note:

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1782 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 24 May 2016
at 17:49
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan is successful in striking the monster (despite him not actually having flanking), but the beast seems to have the same resistance to non-magical damage as all the others - the blow has little effect on her (1 hp damage).

Just Kassius and Kibeti left in this round.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:50, Tue 24 May 2016.

Kassius
 player, 401 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 25 May 2016
at 00:01
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius circles around the foe, drawing his bow and looking for the ideal launch angle. Finding it, he calmly fires an arrow into Brissa's side, despite the difficulty of hitting a prone target.

Kibeti, in contrast to Kassius' calm, collected style of combat, attacks with animalistic hunger, advancing and biting. The fury of the attack made hitting easily, and greatly increased the power behind the blow.


19:56, Today: Kassius rolled 29,3 using 1d20+10,1d8+2.  attack, damage.

Kassius
Move Action: Move to G4 (no soft cover from there if I read correctly?)
Free Action: Draw bow (as part of move)
Standard Action:: Fire at Brissa.

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: none

Kibeti
19:58, Today: Kibeti rolled 25,9 using 1d20+6,1d6+3.  Bite attack, damage.
Move Action: Move to C3
Standard Action: Bite Brissa

HP: 28/28AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: Bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs:none!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1783 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 25 May 2016
at 07:12
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius moves out to the flank and puts an arrow into the side of the monster with the air of his magical bow (3 hp damage).

Kibeti bites Brissa on the arm, but struggles to get past her leathery skin. (4 hp damage)

END OF ROUND ONE
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 36/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 36/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 21/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Brissa Santos: <MF USED> -3 -1 -3 -4


START OF ROUND TWO

Brissa screams and climbs to her feet (AoO for Alohan and Kibeti, she has -4 to her AC against melee attacks while standing), ignoring the blows from the barbarian and the magical cat. She throws herself at Alohan, and the big native struggles to keep her snapping shark-toothed jaw away from his unarmoured body. He manages to do it - but at the expense of allowing her to rake her claws up and down his body. (Confirmed crit on the claws, 13 hp damage).

Over to you guys. She is AC 17 to the AoO, and AC 21 otherwise.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:18, Wed 25 May 2016.

Angati
 PC, 570 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 25 May 2016
at 08:15
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati moved over to flank the monster trying to position herself so that both Kibeti and Alohan would have some advantage on. She was not sure that she could get to make any actual damage on the monster but nevertheless she swung her morningstar with all the might she was capable of hitting Brissa on the shoulder.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : flank | Stnd : Attack

09:13, Today: Angati rolled 23,6 using 1d20+8,1d8+1.  Attack Morningstar.


HP: 35 |  AC: 22 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 2/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

This message was last edited by the player at 11:30, Wed 25 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1784 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 25 May 2016
at 11:05
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati hits, but does very little damage with her non-magical morning star (1hp damage).
Celene
 player, 884 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 25 May 2016
at 14:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene moved forward holding her holy symbol in one hand praying loudly to Wee Jas for her guidance.


Free : Activate Divine Vessel  | Swft : | Move : Move with 15’ of everyone  | Stnd :  Cast Bless | Full :

+2 to next attack, ability, or skill check to everyone

+1 to hit and saves vs. fear for 10 rounds


HP: 21/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 4/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (3/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1785 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 25 May 2016
at 19:06
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene seeks the divine intervention of her goddess - although admittedly in a minor way - and a mauve haze descends on the party members, giving them a feeling of how to make their next actions have the maximum effect.

Kassius notices that it feels very different from when he draws on the the power of Kibeti to achieve the same result - Celene's version... tickles more and does NOT feel very comfortable at all.
Alohan Nuari
 player, 421 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Wed 25 May 2016
at 23:27
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Barissa rose to her feet while Alohan was returning to his. She was up in a flash, and Alohan lashed out ineffectually, kicking widely in her general direction. He was aiming for what he would assume to be the kneecap but she was too fast. And for his efforts, Barissa grabbed ahold- not in the sense to where she attempted to control Alohan but more in the sense she was trying to line up something fantastic for her jagged teeth.

"Agrhhhhh!" he managed to scream, pulling against her clutches. He sent out a flurry of kicks, hopping for a reprieve. One solid connection to her torso and he felt something give way. She was in pain from the blow for she pushed him away -held him at length. He finally laid a boot to her chest and kicked off, sailing back a few feet. There was a cost as she had rended his flesh, tearing away his back.

The pain was immense and he felt himself losing his pele. "Focus!" he told himself, 'Remain calm'. A few calculated breaths and he backpedaled in the sand, his hand going to one of the many small coconuts tied on his side. He sorted them by touch, feeling for the one that would enhance his person. If she followed -so be it- but all Alohan needed was a moment.
AoO:19:10, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 12,8 using 1d20+6,1d6+2 ((6,6))  Attack,Damage
Flurry of Blows19:16, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 20,8,7,3 using 1d20+6,1d6+2,1d20+6,1d6+2 ((14,6,1,1)) Flurry of blows on Barissa -NOTE: If I flank with Angati, that 20 should be a 22. The Divine Vessel gives me an additional 24. BUT! Both aint helping the damn 1 I rolled. Touche dice roller. I see what's going on. This is karma for my game, isnt it? you trying to send me a message, arent you?!
Standard Action: Flurry of Blows
Move Action: 5ft step away
Free/Swift Action: --

HP: 23/39  AC: 18  CMD: 17  | 19 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 0  |  1  Note:

Kassius
 player, 402 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 26 May 2016
at 01:20
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kibeti bites at Brissa as she stands, scoring a hit but doing little against her magical protection.

Kassius pauses as the odd magic rolls over him. He's felt Celene's magic before, but this was the first time he had noticed it felt so... odd. Huh. The thought distracted him, causing his first arrow to go askew, but then he put the thought away for further consideration when he and his friend's lives weren't in danger. His second arrow flew true, the magic of the bow piercing Brissa's magical defenses.

Kibeti continued his own attacks, scoring two claw hits, one of which had enough power to actually do some damage.


21:17, Today: Kassius rolled 16,8,24,10 using 1d20+10,1d8+2,1d20+8,1d8+2.  rapid shot (counting bonuses from celene).

Kassius
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: none

Kibeti
21:15, Today: Kibeti rolled 22,5 using 1d20+6,1d6+3.  AoO (bite).
21:19, Today: Kibeti rolled 11,7,22,8,23,4 using 1d20+9,1d6+3,1d20+7,1d6+3,1d20+7,1d6+3.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Not an Action: AoO
Full Round Action: Full Attack Brissa

HP: 28/28AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: Bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs:none!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1786 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 26 May 2016
at 05:42
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan manages to land just one solid blow, but it has little effect on Brissa's magically toughed frame (3 hp damage).

In a similar fashion, Kibeti's claws and jaw are unable to peirce her skin efficiently (just 3 hp damage).

Kassius is the only one to really hit his mark (10 hp).

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:06, Thu 26 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1788 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 26 May 2016
at 15:04
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Playing Urol in NPC mode.

After the commotion that Alohan made after getting his bottom a little cold, Urol decides against throwing a bomb that would affect half the party. He instead moves to one side and fires his crossbow at the creature, but his aim is miles off and the bolt thuds into the sand five feet away from her.

Opps, forgot the +2 from guidance but still a big fat miss.


END OF ROUND TWO
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 36/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 36/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 21/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Brissa Santos: <MF USED> -3 -1 -3 -4 -1 -10 -3 -3


START OF ROUND THREE

Brissa thrashes around, selecting her target randomly and this time it is Kibeti that must fight for his life - but Kassius has nothing to fear. The wiry cat is far too clever to get within her grasp.

Oh come on, just magical missile it to death.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:05, Thu 26 May 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1789 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 26 May 2016
at 15:11
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Updated map
Angati
 PC, 571 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 26 May 2016
at 15:18
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Anansi started waving frantically at Angati and screaming her lungs out pointing at Angati's shield like crazy... almost hanging from it.

"Silly me...." said Angati, a most evil grin building up in her thin lips "Thank you deary you are always the one with the bright ideas" she said to her sister as she beamed with joy even though everyone was oblivious to her.

Her eager ended soon, as it was more difficult to catch Brissa unaware than she thought.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : flank | Stnd : Attack

16:15, Today: Angati rolled 10,6 using 1d20+7,1d3+3.  Shield Bash.
Forgot to add flanking bonus, but I imagine I still fail... (Buckler is a +1 magic weapon I believe for the purposes of shield bash)


HP: 35 |  AC: 22 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 2/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Urol Forol
 PC, 7 posts
Thu 26 May 2016
at 20:20
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol squints at his new companions, then rifles through his belt and pulls out a bubbling purple vial, quickly tossing it back.  "This'll help avoid those nasty accidents!"



Free: Swift: Standard: Consumer Extract (Targeted Bomb Admixture) Move:
4 Rounds: Bombs have no splash, deal 2D6+2xInt on hit


HP: 28/28     AC: 15/12/14     Saves: 6/5/4

1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Bombs: 54
Extracts/Day
1: 4 3
2: 2

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 14:01, Fri 27 May 2016.

Kassius
 player, 404 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 26 May 2016
at 23:15
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Realizing that his magical bow was the only likely chance of punching through Brissa's enhanced magical defenses, Kassius fires repeatedly, aiming for the eyes. Both shots hit, burying into her body.

Kibeti attacks again and again, trying to overcome his foes defenses with raw brutality. However, his frenzied attacks are easily dodged.


19:11, Today: Kassius rolled 26,5,24,5 using 1d20+8,1d8+2,1d20+8,1d8+2.  rapid shot.

Kassius
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot

HP: 27/27  AC 18, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 2/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: none

Kibeti
19:13, Today: Kibeti rolled 11,8,13,8,11,9 using 1d20+7,1d6+3,1d20+7,1d6+3,1d20+7,1d6+3.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw).
Not an Action: AoO
Full Round Action: Full Attack Brissa

HP: 28/28AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: Bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs:none!

Alohan Nuari
 player, 425 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Thu 26 May 2016
at 23:42
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Barissa was peppered by arrows and ferocious feline leaving Alohan to debate if he should continue the onslaught or take precautionary methods. His mind was made up almost immediately. Stepping to Barissa's side, the native let out a pirouette of blows, spinning, kicking, punching, and kneeing Barissa in all of her vital places. Yet her resistant skin -what with it's mild regenerative properties and tough exterior- prevent Alohan from landing anything significant.

Despite her toughness, Alohan and his companions were making headway, however slow.
19:37, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 17,8,21,6 using 1d20+6,1d6+2,1d20+6,1d6+2 ((11,6,15,4)).

Standard Action: Flurry of Blows
Move Action: 5ft to the side
Free/Swift Action: --

HP: 23/39  AC: 18  CMD: 17  | 19 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 0  |  1  Note: Slowly but surely

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1793 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 27 May 2016
at 10:12
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Brissa fell back, staggered by the blows, but continued hissing and clawing at the adventurers despite it being clear that she was now on her last legs (ferocity).

Celene still to play in this round
Celene
 player, 889 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Fri 27 May 2016
at 11:18
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene drew out her wand and flicked it towards the monstrosity. A mote of energy twisted its way towards Brissa hitting her with a meager amount of force. Celene shook the wand wondering why its effects had been so lackluster? She had expected more.


Free : | Swft : | Move : Draw Wand  | Stnd : Activate Wand | Full :

07:14, Today: Celene rolled 2 using 1d4+1.  Magic Missile Damage.


HP: 21/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 4/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (3/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-), Magic Missile (46)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1795 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 27 May 2016
at 18:45
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene looks down into the business end of her wand of fireballs with dismay, wondering if perhaps she has been sold a dud? Such things are possible. Meanwhile, unseen by the sorceress, Brissa begins to bulge as the hydraulic pressure in her interior builds past the point where her ferocity can hold it at bay. The young cleric is startled by the bursting noise made as the cursed artist finally pops, spraying a plume of green acid and pus coated froth over Alohan, Angati and Kibeti.

DC15 reflex save from the front line fighters or take d6 points of acid damage

The remains of Brissa sizzle into the ground, leaving the party alone in the cavern with the rushing water.

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 36/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 36/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 21/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>


Healing? Searching? Next direction to explore in?
Urol Forol
 PC, 8 posts
Fri 27 May 2016
at 18:56
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The gnome looked up as Brissa exploded into a mess of acid.  "What?!  No, bring her back.  I'm all ready to fight her now."  He looked down, patting the damp sack tied to his waist.  "It's okay, we'll get the next one."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1796 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 27 May 2016
at 19:13
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In reply to Urol Forol (msg # 226):

Is he talking to his pet... you-know-what?!

Urol Forol
 PC, 9 posts
Fri 27 May 2016
at 19:58
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 227):

He is indeed.  Urol's actually been talking to the sack fairly often.  Trying to include that little bit in his characterization.
Alohan Nuari
 player, 426 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Fri 27 May 2016
at 21:58
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan had just found his footing when Barissa exploded in a heap of acid. He attempted to tumble away but he was in close proximity in order to punch and kick- he wouldn't be able to clear the witch in time. Much to his dismay, he felt the cool touch of Barissa goo before the searing burn followed by mind-bending pain. He collapsed in pain, falling to his knees in the sand. "AH!" he moaned.

"How it be lookin?" he asked his companions.
17:50, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 4 using 1d6.  ACID DAMAGE.
17:50, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Reflex Save.

HP: 19/39  AC: 18  CMD: 17  | 19 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 0  |  1  Note: Slowly but surely

Angati
 PC, 574 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 27 May 2016
at 23:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"WHAT ?" asked Angati, with a look of confusion on her face...  "No way I am not doing that..." Anansi looked worriedly at her sister, but of course no one could see her or hear her 'Hey sis ? who you talking to ?' she asked looking around trying to see another ghost like herself.

Angati's eyes were a little out of focus as she continued looking to one side of the cavern and the other as if she was hearing voices coming from them.

00:31, Today: Angati rolled 6 using 1d6.  acid dmg.
00:30, Today: Angati rolled 8 using 1d20+4.  Ref DC15.

No one checks whatever made this little bitch burst like that ? Angati is occupied for now so she can't do that...

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1797 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 28 May 2016
at 13:57
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 19/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 30/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 21/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>


Opps! Forgot to include the 13 hp of damage on Alohan that Brissa did in one of the previous rounds. Also added the damage that Alohan and Angati just took from the acid. Kibeti is still to roll, but it is unlikely that he will take any.

So the damage that needs to be healed is:

Alohan: 20
Angati: 8


Angati:
No one checks whatever made this little bitch burst like that ? Angati is occupied for now so she can't do that...


All of the savage creatures have exploded into acid plumes after they died. That last two points of damage from Celene was enough to finish Brissa off so she... popped. I sort of forgot about the death throes attack.

Angati
 PC, 575 posts
 Oracle 4
Sat 28 May 2016
at 17:59
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Well I was talking about the bitch being pregnant and all :P
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1798 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 29 May 2016
at 07:28
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
You've got three kids and you haven't worked all that out yet?! :P

Anyway, I was going to give a large XP bonus since Brissa turned out to be a difficult opponent, but the SRD didn't have an entry for 'Lady, pregnant' so I am afraid that you miss out on getting any XP at all.


Angati heals Alohan and herself (pls make the rolls Beni) while the rest of the party look around the cavern. There aren't many places to search - this really is the pirates' bathroom with the surge pool acting to remove any waste and keep fresh water coming in. The only items of interest are found in one corner of the room and were no doubt possessions of Brissa before the curse overwhelmed her:

- studded leather armour of such high quality and sheen that it must be magical
- a masterwork rapier (alas, non-magical)
- a purple silk cloak (in a large maternity size) with a pewter clasp (20 gp)
- a silver locket containing a tiny portrait of a dark-haired young man. Those who got a good look at Vanthus at the beginning of the 'Parrot Island' misadventure realise that the picture is of him. The locket is worth about 10gp.

Items have been added to the loot thread. After healing you have two choices, the kennels or the labyrinth leading to the "pirate king's" quarters.
Angati
 PC, 576 posts
 Oracle 4
Sun 29 May 2016
at 08:00
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati set about healing Alohan and herself. As she was working on it, she was getting quite anxious about the voices she was hearing, "Can't you hear them Alohan ? these are not ghosts you should hear them!!"

08:53, Today: Angati rolled 7 using 1d8+4.  CLW Angati.
08:53, Today: Angati rolled 10 using 1d8+4.  CLW 2 Alohan.
08:52, Today: Angati rolled 7 using 1d8+4.  CLW Alohan.

Oops did them as If I had casted them... so its -3 hp each, so I guess one more CLW each:

08:58, Today: Angati rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  CLW 2 Angati.
08:57, Today: Angati rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  CLW 3 Alohan.

So that is a total of 4+7 = 11hp Angati and 7+4+7 = 18hp Alohan

And 5 charges used (12 in total if I am not mistaken).

Kassius
 player, 405 posts
 Hunter 4
Sun 29 May 2016
at 12:12
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
08:11, Today: Kibeti rolled 26,6 using 1d20+8,1d6. reflex, damage.
Kibeti easily dodges the acid.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1799 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 29 May 2016
at 19:36
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 21/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>


Angati does the healing and then the party move on. Either to the kennels or straight onto the labyrinth.

Next player to post gets to choose!
Celene
 player, 890 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Tue 31 May 2016
at 15:58
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene smirked at her wand and placed it back in her belt. She looked over the items piled in the corner and admired the silk wondering if Alohan might need it in the future.  She quickly cast a spell to determine if anything else had magical properties before turning to the rest of the group "Shall we clear out those kennels first? I'd hate to be set upon by savage animals while we navigate those tunnels."

Casting detect magic
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1800 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 31 May 2016
at 18:19
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Did I miss something? Why would Alohan want the silk robe?

The party collects the meagre loot into a small pile and Celene casts detect magic. Sure enough, only the studded leather armour glows (it is +1). The rapier, clock and associated clasp are non-magical. Then they head out to the kennels to ensure that there is nothing that can sneak up behind them before they venture deeper into the caves.

The 'kennels' are in fact just a small cavern with several strong bamboo cages inside. All of these have been broken open and the torn apart corpses of exotic animals such as lions, tigers and hyena fill them - what ever did this wasn't scared of such mundane apex predators. A search reveals nothing of interest, so the party move on to the pirate king's quarters.


The kennels are the small cave in the middle. The two entrances to the labyrinth are to the NE.

At the entrance to the 'labyrinth' Kibeti pauses, his hackles rising and a deep growl building in the back of his throat. The cat has either heard or smelt something inside that maze and he is not happy about it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:19, Tue 31 May 2016.

Celene
 player, 891 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Tue 31 May 2016
at 18:29
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Seems he has the best chance for a pregnant follower/girlfriend/exgirlfriend/bar acquaintance. Unless I am getting his exploits wrong.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1801 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 31 May 2016
at 19:22
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Oh yeah, good point. Hopefully he doesn't need it in maternity size though.
Celene
 player, 892 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Tue 31 May 2016
at 19:23
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
That was the point of my comment. That if things keep going as is he probably will. :)
Kassius
 player, 406 posts
 Hunter 4
Tue 31 May 2016
at 23:09
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
If nobody else claims it, Kassius takes and puts on the magical studded leather. He was wearing non-magical studded leather. +1 AC, and armor check improves to -0.

Kassius pauses at Kibeti's obvious dismay, trying to determine what the cat is sensing. Deciding the best way to figure that out is to use his magic to gain a similar ability, Kassius says a few words. To the others there is no outward sign of anything changing, but Kassius' world suddenly explodes with smell, mostly rather revolting. Wrinkling his nose, he concentrates, trying to identify what has Kibeti so concerned.

Cast Bloodhound, gaining the scent special quality for the next 4 hours.
19:09, Today: Kassius rolled 26 using 1d20+18.  perception (counts scent bonus).
(for detection purely by hearing, that's only an 18).

Alohan Nuari
 player, 427 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Tue 31 May 2016
at 23:28
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan only frowned at Celene when she pushed through the objects and settled upon the robe. However subtle, she looked in his direction. He didn't understand- was she suggesting such a robe would look marvelous upon his shoulders? Probably not. Did she want to wear it for him? Probably not. Alohan suspected she fancied Logan and -although pieces of him were currently in a burlap sack- Alohan had no doubt they would rekindle their connection upon his restoration. So what else was she insinuating?

As Alohan lost his mind over a simple glance in his direction, the group had managed to search the kennels. He had wanted to wear the new leathers but Kassius had already claimed them, stripped off his old, and adorned the new. Maybe it was for the best -he prefered to dangle free- but he couldn't help remember Barissa's claws carving into the flesh not covered by his vest.

Speaking of Barissa, Alohan leaned into Angati. "What be dese voices ya be hearin'? Shall we be gettin' ready for someding?" he asked, looking over his shoulder to one of the many corridors.
Barissa: Had no idea that was the REAL Barissa. I assumed it was some kind of.. hag masquerading as her. Or maybe the original Barissa didn't exist and this hag/doppleganger type was the original one. Were we to to like.. subdue her and cure her of a curse or something? Dunno, didn't seem as obvious -no fault of the GMs obviously- the AP is kind of throwing this Savage Tide curse stuff right at us without and significant build up. Like, the first book had nothing to do with the Savage Tide -as far as I know- at least, not enough to know it's a curse or something
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1802 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 06:21
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan Nuari:
Barissa: Had no idea that was the REAL Barissa. I assumed it was some kind of.. hag masquerading as her. Or maybe the original Barissa didn't exist and this hag/doppleganger type was the original one. Were we to to like.. subdue her and cure her of a curse or something?


The module assumes that the party doesn’t subdue her and take her back for curing, but since you guys are sort of elite and had the ability to do that, I thought that was what you were lining up with all the 'stunning fists' and 'grease' being used.

Good point about it not being obvious if this was the real Barissa or not – even now you guys don’t know since she just popped like a big bag of goo.

Alohan Nuari:
Dunno, didn't seem as obvious -no fault of the GMs obviously- the AP is kind of throwing this Savage Tide curse stuff right at us without and significant build up. Like, the first book had nothing to do with the Savage Tide -as far as I know- at least, not enough to know it's a curse or something


That is a very common complaint about the AP – what did the first module have to do with the savage tide at all? You aren’t really given any explanation up front about what it is. You don’t even get to observe it first hand, although some exposition about it is coming up. The AP is certainly a ‘slow broiler’ in that regards, and the story takes many modules to unfold (we do have 12 modules to get through!!) which means it will play out across years of real life time.

But yeah, suddenly you just land in the middle of the savage tide with funny mutant people attacking you and exploding into acid and there is no explanation.  :D

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:31, Wed 01 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1803 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 06:30
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kibeti continues the deep rumbling as he sniffs out the various smells emanating from the maze, he paces back and forwards between the two passageways that form the entrance to the labyrinth like a deranged polar bear in a zoo. He is unfortunately unable to communicate the wealth of information he has extract from the air currents to Kassius, but eventually indicates that the southern entrance is the safest of the two – or at least smells that way. But in any case there is something or somethings in there that mean a cautious approach is required.

Thanks to the cat’s super senses the party is forewarned and the ambush is cancelled. Do you wish to cast any preparatory spells before you enter?
Angati
 PC, 578 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 07:54
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati turned to Alohan dead serious "There is something not right, I am not feeling well, and the kind of voices I hear are like shouting telling me to kill you, or something of the sorts... I fear I might be catching this madness" she said pointing at Brissas' corpse.


When warned about the attack, Angati prepared with a few spells and abilities before moving on, casting Protection from Evil for herself, Alohan and Kibeti, and then using her time shifting ability to blur herself for the combat. "I will take the lead... have them attack me, then you join in to skewer them right ?.. I am already infected anyway"

OOC: One question, well going on the guess that they are evil... I hope I am right... with regards to Divine favour it says:
Calling upon the strength and wisdom of a deity, you gain a +1 luck bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls for every three caster levels you have (at least +1, maximum +3). The bonus doesn't apply to spell damage.
Does that mean a +2 for a lvl 4 or a +1 ?... I always doubt it would feel that its +1 for the first 3 levels and then +2 for the next 3, but that means rounding up...

Angati: Blur + Prot from evil
Alohan, Kibeti: Prot from evil

If anyone else asks for it, Angati wouldn't be stingy about casting it, but I take it the rest should probably fight from afar

This message was last edited by the player at 07:56, Wed 01 June 2016.

Kassius
 player, 407 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 11:22
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Dungeon Master:
Thanks to the cat’s super senses the party is forewarned and the ambush is cancelled. Do you wish to cast any preparatory spells before you enter?

Did Kassius recognize anything (he cast a spell to gain scent as well).

Kassius casts gravity bow.

Angati: Divine Favor grants +1 from levels 1-5, +2 from 6-8, and +3 afterwards. It rounds down like normal.
Celene
 player, 893 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 11:54
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene was concerned when she overheard Angati speaking to Alohan. She had already lost one friend and didn't want to repeat it. The way Logan had died was brutal and quick she hated to think of Angati turning into one of those savages; it was worse than death.

She pushed the thoughts out of her mind and focused on whatever was waiting for them beyond the tunnels. Celene then said a prayer over each of her companions granting them a small amount of guidance from The Ruby Sorceress.

If needed Celene will re-up mage armor.

Casting Guidance on everyone. Kibeti included. Lasts 1 minute or until used.

Urol Forol
 PC, 10 posts
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 13:25
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The gnome peered forward, straining to hear.  "Something up ahead, you say?  I say, this traveling with companions thing certainly has its advantages!  I would have blundered into a trap."  The gnome grunts.  "Assuming I would have left my lab, which I wouldn't have done anyway until this mess all got sorted out.  So you owe it to me to protect me!"

Rifling around in his bags, the gnome pulls out a shimmering vial, and immediately upends it into his mouth.  Soon, the gnome's form begins to soften and shimmer, becoming slightly harder to see.



Free: Swift: Standard: Drink Blur Move:


HP: 28/28     AC: 15/12/14     Saves: 6/5/4
Active Effects: Blur (4 minutes, 20% miss chance as per concealment)

1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Bombs: 54
Extracts/Day
1: 43
2: 21

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1804 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 18:32
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene cast mage armour on those who will benefit from it, namely: Alohan, herself, Urol & Kibeti

Celene, please cross off the 4 charges from the wand.

Kassius, don't forget to update your sheet with Logan's +1 studded leather armour.


Urol drinks an extract. Kassius casts his usual gravity bow. Angati cast blur and protection from evil. And divine favour. The party certainly enters the maze well prepared!

Actually, it isn't much of a labyrinth. The small warren of tunnels consist of stalactites, stalagmites, collapsed sections and narrow passages ways that are tough to squeeze through, but there isn't enough of them to be at risk of getting lost.

Before long (after about two minutes) Kibeti's warning pays off and the party is able to rumble a clumsy ambush by a motely collection of savage creatures. Two savage pirates jump out to threaten the rear while two earless, panther-like beasts snarl at the front, the loose skin of their face twitching. Just like the dinosaur, the pirates and Barissa, these two strange cats are all mutated and pus ridden. What was it that Urol said was being kept in the kennels? Krenshars?


What is this sacrilege? A map where the scale is NOT 1 sq = 5'? Correct, here 1 sq = 2½'. Red squares are impassable, yellow squares are difficult terrain. I rolled to check the spacing between party members when the ambush hit. K1, K2 = the Krenshars.

Roll for initiative. If you get 11 or higher you get a surprise round action. Both the pirates and the krenshars are AC17, touch12, flat15.
Celene
 player, 895 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 18:44
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Only two charges left.

14:45, Today: Celene rolled 3 using 1d20.  Initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:45, Wed 01 June 2016.

Kassius
 player, 408 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 23:45
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
19:40, Today: Kassius rolled 18 using 1d20+5. initiative.

Do we get a surprise round (standard action only), or do we just get to go first?
Also, can I shoot through red/yellow squares? I'm assuming there would at least be some cover, but is it partial, normal, improved, or total cover (+2,+4,+8,can't attack respectively?)


19:44, Today: Kassius rolled 16 using 1d20+3.  knowledge (nature).
Do I know anything about Krenshars?

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1806 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 05:21
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
This is a proper surprise round for you guys this time, for those of you fast enough to take advantage of it. You can use the flat footed AC.

You can shoot through yellows, but not reds. No penalty for shooting through yellow.

Info on krenshars coming later.
Urol Forol
 PC, 11 posts
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 18:40
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol eyes the mutated monsters in front of him.  "I thought these things were ugly before!  Never understood why you'd want to keep things like this as a pet!"  He pats the moist sack on his belt, then pulls out another vial, this one frosting over like the one he threw at Brissa.  This time, the gnome's aim is true, and the vial explodes on one of the Krenshars, coating the beast in an icy spray.

Free: Swift: Standard:Frost Bomb vs K2  Move:
K2 takes 7 damage (Reflex half, make Fort save or be staggered)


HP: 28/28     AC: 15/12/14     Saves: 6/5/4
Active Effects: Blur (2 minutes, 20% miss chance as per concealment)
14:38, Today: Urol Forol rolled 7 using 2d6+2.  Damage.
14:37, Today: Urol Forol rolled 23 using 1d20+5.  Ranged Touch Attack.
14:31, Today: Urol Forol rolled 18 using 1d20+1.  Initiative.


1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Bombs: 543
Extracts/Day
1: 43
2: 21

Kassius
 player, 409 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 2 Jun 2016
at 22:48
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius and Kibeti fight as a well-oiled machine, Kassius firing an arrow into the chest of one of the pirates before Kibeti advances in front of him, cutting of the man's ability to attack Kassius.



Kassius
18:44, Today: Kassius rolled 27,10 using 1d20+11,2d6+2.  bow attack, damage.
Standard Action: Fire bow at J10
Swift Action: Set Kibeti's animal focus to tiger

HP: 27/27  AC 19, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 2/4; 2nd: 1/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, Bloodhound

Kibeti
Move Action: Move to I10

HP: 28/28AC 19 (24, 26 vs evil), Saves+6/+8(+9)/+3
Current Animal Focus: Tiger(+2 dex)
Current Buffs: Mage Armor, Protection from Evil (bonuses not included above), guidance (not used)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1807 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 18:33
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius wracks his brain to remember what he can about these beast that Urol refered to as 'krenshars'. He recalls that they live on the savannah far to the south-west, which is why he has never encountered them himself, and are famous for being able to pull back the loose folds of the skin around their faces to scare or intimidate an opponent. Sometimes they will emit a piecing wail while they do this to increase the effect. Goodness knows what these mutated versions can do...

Link to Krenshar picture
http://orig14.deviantart.net/e...b6adac4a1edb382e.jpg

Since Beni and Ron are busy, I am going to go ahead and act for their characters.

20:17, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 18 using 1d20+2.  Angati initiative.
20:30, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 20 using 1d20+4.  Alohan initiative.


Both Alohan and Angati are quick to react. The oracle quickly mutters the words for her 'spiritual weapon' spell and then sends it off to attack the krenshar directly in front of her (K2). The weapon connects and does a small amount of damage (3 hp).


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : None | Stnd : Cast Spir. Weapon  Attack; N/A


HP: 38 |  AC: 22 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Blur + prot. from evil
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 7/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 1/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).


20:31, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 14,7 using 1d20+6,1d6+2.  Alohan standard attack.
Forgot the guidance, so this is actually a 15 for the attack roll and a hit

The barbarian steps forward and takes advantage of his opposition being caught flat-footed. He lands a blow but very little of the damage seems to make it through (2 hp damage).

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:37, Fri 03 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1808 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 18:42
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 21/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 <MF NOT USED>
Krenshar 2 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 1 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 2 <MF NOT USED>

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Guidance on all (must be used in first round)
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


START OF ROUND ONE - OPPONENTS TURN
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1809 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 18:52
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The krenshar (K2) facing Alohan snarls and then pulls back the loose skin on its face a little, then some more, and more until its entire shiny white skull is showing. Then it roars right at the barbarian.

Ron, DC12 will save or be frightened. Note, this is an evil creature so you get a +2 on the save due to the protection from evil spell.

The second krenshar steps forward until it has the oracle in its sites and then does the same trick on Angati.

Beni, DC12 will save or be frightened. Blur does not help with this since it is a directional sonic attack. Note, this is an evil creature so you get a +2 on the save due to the protection from evil spell.

The first savage pirate sprints at Celene, biting and clawing at the sorceress. She is able to avoid the poisonous bite of the creature but suffers under the claws greatly (9 p damage).

The other pirate attacks Kibeti but has no chance of hitting the souped-up super-cat.

ROUND ONE - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 12/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 <MF NOT USED>
Krenshar 2 <MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2
Savage Pirate 1 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 2 <MF NOT USED> -10

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Guidance on all (must be used in first round)
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


START OF ROUND ONE - PLAYERS' TURN

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:01, Sat 04 June 2016.

Celene
 player, 896 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 18:52
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
DM don't forget that I only had two charges left in my wand of mage armor. Only two people can benefit from it this battle.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1810 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 18:53
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In reply to Celene (msg # 259):

Bah. Never mind, I don't want to change it now. Let's just write the wand off and keep going with the mage armour as it is.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:00, Fri 03 June 2016.

Celene
 player, 897 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 18:56
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Fine with me. Just didn't want to take advantage.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1811 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 18:56
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Updated Map
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1812 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 18:59
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
20:58, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Fort save vs stagger K2.
20:58, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 15 using 1d20+5.  K2 reflex save against bomb.


PS: K2 takes half damage and avoids being staggered by Urol's bomb.

Angati
 PC, 581 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 22:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati was not easily frightened, although perhaps her altered mind state contributed to making it harder to back up. Not wanting to continue pondering more about this, she concentrated the gauntlet on the hiena shaped beast, following the attack right away by a smash of her morningstar, both hits heavily taxing the beast.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : Spiritual weapon attack| Stnd : Attack

Note AC now 24.... :P

23:29, Today: Angati rolled 17,10 using 1d20+6,1d8+2.  Morningstar Attack.
23:28, Today: Angati rolled 16,7 using 1d20+8,1d8+2.  Attack spiritual hammer.
23:26, Today: Angati rolled 16 using 1d20+7.  Will save DC12.


HP: 35 |  AC: 2224 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :  Blur (20%)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 3/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 1/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Celene
 player, 898 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 11:56
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Does H:9 provide cover from Pirate 1? If it does I can step back and cast sleep on him without provoking.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1813 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 15:01
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Partial cover only.
Celene
 player, 899 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 15:14
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Still will block AoO correct?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1814 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 15:48
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Correct
Celene
 player, 900 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 15:57
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene winces in pain and retreats closer to Kassius. She manages to bite down a scream and turns the anger into fuel for her magic. She raises the hand not carrying her spear and gestures towards the square in front of her hopding that her magic can lull the pirate to sleep.


Free : Shift | Swft : | Move :  | Stnd : | Full : Cast Sleep

Shift to H:9.

Casting Sleep its a 1 round spell so it doesn't go off until the beginning of my next turn. Hopefully I don't get hit again and he doesn't move away.


HP: 12/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 3/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (3/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-), Magic Missile (46)

Alohan Nuari
 player, 428 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 00:12
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The disfigured, hideous creature before him wailed in an almost unholy manner. It shook him to his core, dislodging any sense of strength and courage he had within him. Even with divine grace easing his nerves, Alohan still felt the need to escape -to run. He panicked, suddenly conscious of how little he wore. Looking about himself, Alohan turned about. He needed to get away from these creatures before they tore him open.
Will Save: 20:02, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 7 using 1d20 ((7)) to be http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamema...tions#TOC-Frightened
I think the path of least resistance would be fleeing to the east. I could flee to the south through my allies but I think the 2½ squares works in my favor -a kind of discouragement. Either way, I provoke some AoOs so don't forget my Mobility bonus!



HP: 37/39  AC: 18  CMD: 17  | 19 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 0  |  1  Note: am frightened

This message was last edited by the player at 00:13, Tue 07 June 2016.

Kassius
 player, 411 posts
 Hunter 4
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 00:49
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius cooly watches the pirate advance and try and attack Kibeti. He waits until Kibeti crouches low, getting ready to pounce. The savage pirate braces for the cat's attack, only to receive a pair of magically enchanted arrows in the face.

The following assumes that those arrows dropped the Pirate 2. If it doesn't, Kibeti full attacks 2 instead.
Kibeti looks back at Kassius and grins, the pair's coordination in the attack uncanny. Then, Kassius glances over at Celene, seeing her vulnerable and barks a quick order. Kibeti moves through her spot, risking a glancing blow to get into position to attack and distract the second foe.



Kassius
20:39, Today: Kassius rolled 23,6,21,10 using 1d20+4,2d6+2,1d20+4,2d6+2.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
Full Round Action: Rapid shot vs pirate 2

HP: 27/27  AC 19, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 2/4; 2nd: 1/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow

Kibeti
20:47, Today: Kibeti rolled 23,9 using 1d20+6,1d6+3.  Bite attack, damage.
Move Action: Move to H8 (provokes AoO)
Standard Action: Attack P2.

HP: 28/28AC 23(25 vs evil), Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: Bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil, Mage Armor

Urol Forol
 PC, 12 posts
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 16:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The gnome blinks in surprise as the barbarian in the lead runs off after the krenshar's scream.  "Hey!  That's not how this is supposed to work!"  The gnome quickly retrieves his crossbow, firing off a quick shot at animal nearest to him.

Free: Swift: Standard:Crossbow vs K2  Move: Draw Crossbow


HP: 28/28     AC: 15/12/14     Saves: 6/5/4
Active Effects: Blur (2 minutes, 20% miss chance as per concealment)
12:30, Today: Urol Forol rolled 11 using 1d20+6.  Ranged Attack.

1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Bombs: 543
Extracts/Day
1: 43
2: 21

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1816 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 18:21
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati hits with her morning star, but the mundane weapon struggles to penetrate the toughened hide of the cursed krenshar (5hp damage thanks to DR). Her automatous magical weapon misses.

Celene steps back a few feet sheltering around the corner from the savage man trying to kill her. She begins spellcasting.

Kassius sends two magical arrows into the face of the other pirate, shattering its head in a spray of green acid. The creature's death throes are therefore rather muted and it totally fails in trying to bite Kibeti. The cat will have to move quickly to avoid the resulting acid though!

OOC: DC15 reflex save for Kibeti or take 1d6 acid damage

Kibeti darts throw Celene's legs, nearly bowling the petite sorceress over, skilfully dodges the opportunistic attacks from her opponent and then bites the nasty tasting man on the leg (4hp damage thanks to DR)

Urol takes a shot with his crossbow but the bolt clatters uselessly off the rocks.

Alohan screams and runs eastwards as fast as he can to get away from these terrible creatures with the bizarre skull-like faces. He hurtles through the labyrinth, weaving around the stalactites and ignoring the scratches and bumps he gains from his speed. He quickly reaches the end of the maze and enters a small cavern stuffed with fine, abet a little mouldy, furniture. Thick rugs cover the sandy floor and fine silk tapestries and a masterful seascape painting hangs from the wall giving the place an almost regal feel. A four poster bed takes up most of the space along the southern wall, and wedged in next to it is a armoire, and there is a jumble of random chairs and small tables randomly shoved into the room in such a way that it is difficult to cross.

Alas, much of the furniture has recently been ruined, as it is now splattered and stained with gore or smashed and scared by swordplay. The corpse of a man dressed in a very natty fine suit of purple silk lies in a red, chewed heap at the foot of the bed. His chest has been excavated and his entrails scooped out.

Five more bodies lie among the wreckage of the room. Horribly deformed men who are slowly oozing into acidic puddles and seeping into the rug.

Alohan hears the sound of ANOTHER battle taking place to the east, the screams, cries and clashing of steel make it apparent that it is an on going conflict. Keeping that in mind the native decides not to go any further and instead to hide within this room. Two hiding places immediately present themselves: under the bed or in the armoire.

OOC: Oh the indignity of it all!
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1817 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 18:23
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
ROUND ONE - END OF PLAYERS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 12/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 <MF NOT USED> -5
Krenshar 2 <MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2
Savage Pirate 1 <MF NOT USED> -4
Savage Pirate 2 DEAD

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Guidance on all (must be used in first round)
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


ROUND TWO - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1818 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 18:28
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The two krenshars close in on Angati and bite and claw her - she fends off their attacks.

OOC: Hmm. They need a nat 20 to hit her!

The remaining savage pirate is unsuccessful in attacking Kibeti.

OOC: Ye gawds! He also needs a nat 20!

ROUND TWO - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 12/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 <MF NOT USED> -5
Krenshar 2 <MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2
Savage Pirate 1 <MF NOT USED> -4
Savage Pirate 2 DEAD

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Guidance on all (must be used in first round)
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


ROUND TWO - START OF PLAYERS' TURN
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1819 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 18:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Updated battle map



Special map for Alohan. He is in the cavern to the east of the battle area. The eastern exit of that chamber is the one where the sounds of the second battle are coming from.
Celene
 player, 901 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 18:52
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Does the pirate save Vs. Sleep? It should begin at the same time as our turn since we are kind of lumped together.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1820 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 19:06
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Oh, good point.

Celene unleashes her spell and waits for the effect. But the spell just seems to... slide off her opponent. It is not as though he was able to resist it, more like he didn't have a mind the was susceptible to it.

Not so much fun, I know, but it is better to learn this lesson about savage creatures earlier rather than later. Their minds are no longer fully their own, and this means they are also closed to others.
Kassius
 player, 412 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 23:33
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kibeti easily avoids the acid, perhaps aided by how little of a threat it poses to his magically thick fur. Now in position, he can concentrate fully on attacking the next foe, striking a few solid hits, although the pirate's own magical defenses make it difficult to bring him down.

Kassius tries to fire arrows at the pirate, but the stagactites block clear lines of fire, and both arrows bounce away harmlessly.




Kassius
19:32, Today: Kassius rolled 10,7,12,9 using 1d20+4,2d6+2,1d20+4,2d6+2.  rapid shot.
Full Round Action: Rapid shot vs pirate 1

HP: 27/27  AC 19, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 2/4; 2nd: 1/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow

Kibeti
19:29, Today: Kibeti rolled 24 using 1d20+8.  reflex save.
19:28, Today: Kibeti rolled 19,9,9,8,16,6 using 1d20+6,1d6+3,1d20+6,1d6+3,1d20+6,1d6+3.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Full Round Action: Full Attack P1.

HP: 28/28AC 23(25 vs evil), Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: Bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil, Mage Armor

Angati
 PC, 584 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 06:59
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati said "Urol, take a step back... lets fight these monsters one by one" as she took a step backwards  while launching the spiritual hammer on the creature. The thing hit fully on the monster's head, but her morningstar, followed weekly not doing any damage to the creature.


Free :  Step 6G | Swft :  | Move : Spiritual weapon attack| Stnd : Attack

(if Urol cannot take the step back, everything remains the same except she stays where she is of course :).
Every single mob has DR ??? at lvl 4 ??? FFS !!! where did you get these modules ?.

07:55, Today: Angati rolled 22,4 using 1d20+6,1d8+2.  Morningstar attack.
07:55, Today: Angati rolled 26,8 using 1d20+9,1d8+2.  Spiritual gauntlet attack.


HP: 35 |  AC: 2224 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :  Blur (20%)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 3/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 1/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1821 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 10:09
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kibeti lands a bite attack and does a little damage (4 hp).

Angati hits with her morning star but doesn’t do any damage. The magical gauntlet does much better (8 hp damage).

Angati:
Every single mob has DR ??? at lvl 4 ??? FFS !!! where did you get these modules ?.


Yep, they all have DR5/magic.

Yeah, that is pretty crazy isn’t it? I mean, unless your melee types each have a magical weapon (and as Kassius showed that is by no means guaranteed) then they are screwed.

:D Where did I find the module? :D Well, it is part of a 12 part module series so the assumption is that the players are rather experienced. At least you’ve all learnt your lesson and will turn up with the right tools next time.

Angati
 PC, 585 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 10:57
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Heh, I was not expecting an answer to all that.. as you know I also enjoy my useless pouting now and then.
Urol Forol
 PC, 12 posts
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 19:11
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol stares at the mutated beasts.  "These things were bad enough before this happened to them.  And now we're barely able to hurt them?"  The gnome retrieved another one of his vials, giving it a shake, so it started to bubble.  "This'll still work, though!"

And with that, the gnome flung the vial behind the krenshars, where it exploded and hit both beats with its splash.


Free: Swift: Standard:Frost Bomb vs square behind Krenshars  Move:
Both take 5 damage, Reflex for half, Staggered unless Fort


HP: 28/28     AC: 15/12/14     Saves: 6/5/4
Active Effects: Blur (2 minutes, 20% miss chance as per concealment)
09:25, Today: Urol Forol rolled 17 using 1d20+5.  Ranged Touch.

1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Bombs: 5432
Extracts/Day
1: 43
2: 21

This message was last updated by the player at 19:11, Fri 10 June 2016.

Celene
 player, 903 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 13:30
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
As Celene's spell washed over the pirate she was slightly disheartened. Half of her repertoire affected the mind. She boiled over with anger for a moment and wanted to blast the cursed thing with fire but her allies were in the way and would be caught in the blast.

Switching gears she drew her wand saw a tiny fraction of the pirate and launched a bolt of force at him.


Free : Shift | Swft : | Move : Draw Wand | Stnd : Activate Wand | Full :

09:30, Today: Celene rolled 3 using 1d4+1.  Magic Missile Damage.


HP: 12/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 3/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (3/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-), Magic Missile (45)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1823 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 18:59
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati:
Heh, I was not expecting an answer to all that.. as you know I also enjoy my useless pouting now and then.


OOC: heh, but I like answering :D


Logan:

Reflex for half, Staggered unless Fort


Ugh, you guys have to include the spell DC when posting that you cast a spell with a save, otherwise your poor DM needs to hunt it down in the character sheet, or it is even tougher when the DC isn't even ON the character sheet! :D

So the DC is 10 + ½ alchemist level + int modifier = 14? And that is for both the reflex and the fort?


Urol hits the spot he was aiming for and the two krenshars get hit from behind with a freezing blast.

19:39, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 15,12 using 1d20+5,1d20+5.  Krenshar 1 & 2 reflex save.
20:53, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 23,16 using 1d20+6,1d20+6.  Krenshar 1 & 2 fort save.


One is able to avoid some of the blast (krenshar 1 = 3hp damage) the other does not (krenshar 2  = 5hp damage). although nether of them seem overly bothered by the blast, krenshar 2 is now almost dead on its feet on only its ferocity stops it from giving up the fight.

Celene zaps the remaining pirate with her wand (3 hp damage).

Alohan still to post, but he is not going to affect the battle.

ROUND TWO - END OF PLAYERS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 12/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -5 -3
Krenshar 2 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2 -8 -5
Savage Pirate 1 [Private to GM: 12]<MF NOT USED> -4 -4 -3
Savage Pirate 2 DEAD

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Guidance on all (must be used in first round)
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


ROUND THREE - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN
Urol Forol
 PC, 12 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2016
at 19:12
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Dungeon Master:
Ugh, you guys have to include the spell DC when posting that you cast a spell with a save, otherwise your poor DM needs to hunt it down in the character sheet, or it is even tougher when the DC isn't even ON the character sheet! :D

So the DC is 10 + ½ alchemist level + int modifier = 14? And that is for both the reflex and the fort?


Urol hits the spot he was aiming for and the two krenshars get hit from behind with a freezing blast.


Sorry, those are the correct DCs.  I'll remember to put it on there in the future!

This message was last updated by the player at 19:12, Mon 13 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1824 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 19:22
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Logan:
Dungeon Master:
Ugh, you guys have to include the spell DC when posting that you cast a spell with a save, otherwise your poor DM needs to hunt it down in the character sheet, or it is even tougher when the DC isn't even ON the character sheet! :D

So the DC is 10 + ½ alchemist level + int modifier = 14? And that is for both the reflex and the fort?


Urol hits the spot he was aiming for and the two krenshars get hit from behind with a freezing blast.


Sorry, those are the correct DCs.  I'll remember to put it on there in the future!

:D You're my guy, angryjohn! :D
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1825 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 19:26
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Since Urol and Angati are able to co-ordinate stepping back, only one krenshar is able to advance and attack the oracle. This is the more lively krenshar 1 - but it isn't lively enough to hit.

Meanwhile, the second savage pirate continues fighting Kibeti - but then does something unexpected. He reaches around the corner and tries to stab Celene with his shortsword! She has had to expose herself in order to fire her wand, and the pirate is able to reach her despite the cover offered by the rocky wall. He slides his sword right into her stomach! (confirmed critical hit despite the partial concealment and Angati can't use MF since she doesn't have LOS, so that is 14hp damage!). The air just seems to go out of the sorceress and she drops to the ground, bleeding profusely.

"Heh, heh, heh!" growls the pirate. "I be eating you soon my darling! <HOOOWWWWLLLL!>"

ROUND THREE - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: -2/21 <MF NOT USED> <DYING>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -5 -3
Krenshar 2 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2 -8 -5
Savage Pirate 1 [Private to GM: 12]<MF NOT USED> -4 -4 -3
Savage Pirate 2 DEAD

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Guidance on all (must be used in first round)
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


ROUND THREE - START OF PLAYERS' TURN

Celene, I need a DC12 constitution check to stabilise or loose one more hp.

Celene
 player, 904 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 19:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Stabilized. Even though I spelled it incorrectly.

15:30, Today: Celene rolled 16 using 1d20.  Stabilizie.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1830 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 19:47
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene:
Stabilized. Even though I spelled it incorrectly.

15:30, Today: Celene rolled 16 using 1d20.  Stabilizie.


Sorry, but then it doesn't count. Reroll.

Damn, one glass of rosé and I get even more silly than usual. Skål to the weekend boys!

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:47, Fri 10 June 2016.

Celene
 player, 905 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 19:48
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Sure make me re-roll but allow the crit to stand I see how it is.

15:48, Today: Celene rolled 12 using 1d20.  Stabilize.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1831 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 19:49
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene:
Sure make me re-roll but allow the crit to stand I see how it is.

15:48, Today: Celene rolled 12 using 1d20.  Stabilize.

Dude! Of course you don't need to reroll, I was joking!!! :D
Celene
 player, 906 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 20:43
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
I was kidding as well. :)

I made the roll the second time anyway. :D

Angati
 PC, 588 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 21:59
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
There was not much to do but continue with the pounding.. it was clear it was going to take long, but there were not many options other than going on.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : Spiritual weapon attack| Stnd : Attack

22:58, Today: Angati rolled 8,3 using 1d20+6,1d8+2.  Morningstar hit.
22:58, Today: Angati rolled 15,7 using 1d20+8,1d8+2.  Spiritual hammer critical confirmation.
22:57, Today: Angati rolled 28,7 using 1d20+8,1d8+2.  Spiritual Gauntlet attack.


HP: 35 |  AC: 2224 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :  Blur (20%)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 3/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 1/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Kassius
 player, 413 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 23:43
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
As he sees Celene fall amidst her own blood, Kassius calls out,
"You're not taking another one!" although it's unclear whether he's talking to the pirates, Death, or just shouting. In either case, he crouches down and frantically calls on his link to nature through Kibeti, enhancing Celene's natural healing. The wounds knit shut, and Kassius breathes a sigh of relief that she had not suffered poor Logan's fate.

Kibeti meanwhile presses the attack, landing a single solid blow with his claw, although sadly the pirate's defensive magic protects him from the worst of the blow.



Kassius
19:39, Today: Kassius rolled 10 using 1d8+4.  CLW on celene.
Standard Action:Cast Cure Light Wounds on Celene.

HP: 27/27  AC 19, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 1/4; 2nd: 1/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow

Kibeti
19:40, Today: Kibeti rolled 12,6,18,9,13,4 using 1d20+6,1d6+3,1d20+6,1d6+3,1d20+6,1d6+3.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Full Round Action: Full Attack P1.

HP: 28/28AC 23(25 vs evil), Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: Bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil, Mage Armor

This message was last edited by the player at 23:51, Fri 10 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1832 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 11 Jun 2016
at 18:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene:
I was kidding as well. :)

I made the roll the second time anyway. :D


Oh yeah, I mean, I totally knew that.

Angati hits with the magical gauntlet (although not a crit, 7 hp damage).

Kassius heals Celene (up to 8hp). Kibeti connects with the last pirate and despite not doing much damage it is enough to slay the cursed man. The cat avoids the death throes, then needs to dodge the acid (DC15 reflex save or 1d6 acid). Celene also needs to dodge the spray (DC15 reflex save or 1d6 acid).

Urol still to go in this round. Alohan needs to post for last round and this round.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1833 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 11 Jun 2016
at 18:40
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

I just released that the map from the start of the round never got posted thanks to RPOL kicking me out during the submission. There is a small error, krenshar 1 should be 1 sq to the SE, e.g. in contact with Angati.
Celene
 player, 907 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Sun 12 Jun 2016
at 02:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene wakes up to a shower of acid that almost knocks her back unconscious.

22:30, Today: Celene rolled 4 using 1d6.  Damage.
22:30, Today: Celene rolled 13 using 1d20+2.  Reflex Save.

I assume any benefit of cover is reduced from being prone.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 430 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Mon 13 Jun 2016
at 15:11
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
His mind was returning to him, steadying itself as his conscious picked up the pieces. He found himself under a bed, remembering now how he had dove and tumbled underneath the four poster sleeping apparatus. He did all of this just to get away -to hide. He needed to find shelter. Upon battling the skull headed feline-thingy, Alohan was consumed with the urge to fight or flight. Alohan momentarily lost himself, running with due haste.

Now he felt a bit of shame, realizing he left his companions back in the maze of stalagmites.

Alohan slid out from under the bed and came to his feet. He looked around the regal living quarters admiring how picturesque it appeared amongst the backdrop of the natural cavern. Of course the room lay in ruins and the crumpled heap of recently departed weren't helping him in reclaiming his broken psyche. He took in a big breath, ignoring the biting smell of acidic death.

With a glance behind him, Alohan ignored the recently deceased -ignored his friends- and crept forward -eastward. He was confident his allies could handle themselves but whomever was fighting nearby could potentially use his help. Still, the unknown factor was enough to give him pause and he crept forward as quiet as possible.
Stealth:
11:07, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 27,14 using 1d20+7,1d20+7 ((20,7)).  Stealth rolls

HP: 37/39  AC: 18  CMD: 17  | 19 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 0  |  1  Note:

This message was last edited by the player at 15:11, Mon 13 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1835 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 13 Jun 2016
at 15:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene:
I assume any benefit of cover is reduced from being prone.


Yes, I guess so. Not even sure if partial cover would provide a benefit against a reflex save anyway.

Alohan comes to his senses and realises he is under a bed. As he crawls back out he stumbles across the pirate king's weapon, knocked under the bed as Kigate was consumed by his formerly loyal pirate crew. His weapon of choice is bloodied, but the high quality of the weapon is evident to Alohan's eyes - accustomed as they are to the best things in life.

The barbarian grabs it and then slinks off to the east to investigate the sound of the other combat.

I'll write what he sees next round. So a DC15 search check is needed to find the weapon although the module states that if the player specifically states that they are searching under the bed then discovery is automatic. I assume that hiding under the bed achieves much the same effect :D

As to what it is... It is a +1 weapon where the player that finds it gets to decide what it is and describe it. So take it away Ron... :D


Urol still to play this round - not that the little gnome can do much.
Celene
 player, 908 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Mon 13 Jun 2016
at 15:36
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
For future reference. :)

SRD:
Partial Cover: If a creature has cover, but more than half the creature is visible, its cover bonus is reduced to a +2 to AC and a +1 bonus on Reflex saving throws. This partial cover is subject to the GM's discretion.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:36, Mon 13 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1837 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 13 Jun 2016
at 15:54
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In reply to Celene (msg # 301):

Ugh! So much to learn! :D

Urol Forol
 PC, 13 posts
Mon 13 Jun 2016
at 19:16
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Looking down at his rapidly diminishing stock of potions, the gnome quickly reloads his crossbow and fires another bolt at the nearest Krenshar.


Free: Swift: Standard:Fire Crossbow at K1 Move:

15:15, Today: Urol Forol rolled 2 using 1d6+1.  Damage.
15:15, Today: Urol Forol rolled 19 using 1d20+6.  Ranged Attack.


HP: 28/28     AC: 15/12/14     Saves: 6/5/4
Active Effects: Blur (2 minutes, 20% miss chance as per concealment)
09:25, Today: Urol Forol rolled 17 using 1d20+5.  Ranged Touch.

1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Bombs: 5432
Extracts/Day
1: 43
2: 21

Alohan Nuari
 player, 432 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Mon 13 Jun 2016
at 20:48
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
As Alohan crept forward he glanced down at the five foot weapon in his hand -a traditional Nuari taiaha crafted of the finest ironwood. His experience with the weapon was mostly for ceremony, using the taiaha to perform liquor infused dance for women he was attempting to woo, spinning and lashing out with the flattened club masquerading as a Nuari warrior. It was all for show. His master wanted him to focus on the weapon but Alohan never bothered. When he cared enough to pay attention it was always the pa uma. Always the hand-to-hand combat. Now, Alohan had one of his people's most revered weapons and he hadn't a clue how to use it.

The taiaha was a deep burgundy crimson, a touch darker than his own walnut skin. The upoko -or head or head of the weapon- sat a carved stoneface -chin pointing down at flattened wood end. It boasted a grin, as if the stoneface had some profound knowledge the user lacked, amplified by the emerald gemstones pressed into it's eyes. It was lightly feathered -by a leather cord- and colored by the faintest of dyes to extenuate the stoneface's curves and depressions. To cap it off, the arero was jade, carved to an unbelievably wicked sheen -double edged and pointed. The entire piece was weighted perfectly and Alohan suspected enhanced in some way that it's user would find it the perfect battle companion.

He clutched it, as if it was the only thing keeping his mind together. As he crept further eastward, he was beginning to think it was.
Taiaha:
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG...dWeapons.html#taiaha
Alright so I propose the Maori weapon Taiaha. Now the PF stats are confusing and wrong. It's supposed to be a two handed weapon (not a one handed weapon) with one end sharpened to a relative point. Like a small staff. Pathfinder states it is a d10 Bludgeon and a d6 piercing. This is okay with me BUT I would need it to be listed as a 'monk' weapon. If the d10 is too much, we can make it a d8 instead.

I think the fact that it is tied to the Nuari culture could be reason enough. My fighting style is a Maori inspired, crazy islander style so having a taiaha be an intrinsic part of that could be reason enough.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1838 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 14 Jun 2016
at 19:46
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol finally manages to sink one of his crossbow bolts into one of the krenshars and... it sadly does no damage at all.

We really should have thought about how Urol was going to handle these guys when we were rolling this character up! Never mind, almost through them now.

ROUND THREE - END OF PLAYERS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  4/21 <MF NOT USED> <DYING>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -5 -3 -7
Krenshar 2 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2 -8 -5
Savage Pirate 1 DEAD
Savage Pirate 2 DEAD

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Guidance on all (must be used in first round)
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


NB: Kibeti still needs to make the DC15 reflex save against the acid

ROUND FOUR - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN

The krenshar facing Angati is unable to get past her defences.

ROUND FOUR - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN

ROUND FOUR - START OF PLAYERS' TURN

Alohan Nuari:
...he glanced down at the five foot weapon in his hand - a traditional Nuari taiaha crafted of the finest ironwood... The taiaha was a deep burgundy crimson, a touch darker than his own walnut skin. The upoko - or head or head of the weapon- sat a carved stoneface -chin pointing down at flattened wood end. It boasted a grin, as if the stoneface had some profound knowledge the user lacked, amplified by the emerald gemstones pressed into it's eyes. It was lightly feathered -by a leather cord- and colored by the faintest of dyes to extenuate the stoneface's curves and depressions. To cap it off, the arero was jade, carved to an unbelievably wicked sheen -double edged and pointed. The entire piece was weighted perfectly and Alohan suspected enhanced in some way that it's user would find it the perfect battle companion.


This weapon is so cool that it completely blows away any concerns I might have on balance. Keep it as two handed, 1d10 bludgeoning, 1d6 piercing. And yeah, sure, it is a 'monk weapon, at least to the 'monks' of the Pearl Islands. So cool! And here I was thinking that Ron might describe the rapier he found as being "shinny", but yet again he massively exceeds expectations. :D :D

Does it look like this? (Except with a greenstone blade)
http://vignette4.wikia.nocooki...st?cb=20100622033033

And is the 'head' (the pointy bit) like this?
http://www.huntsearch.gla.ac.uk/archimages/E331a.jpg

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:50, Tue 14 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1839 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 14 Jun 2016
at 20:04
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan creeps around the corner to the east, his feet making no noise on the loose sand of the corridor floor. The passageway quickly ends in a medium sized roughly rectangular cavern about 30' east to west and 40' north to south, with the floor sloping downwards to the south-east and ending in a large tide pool. The water in the pool gently surges up and down in rhythm to some unseen surf outside. A hammock strung between two stalagmites in the southern end suggests that this room was some sort of get away for Kigante for when the stress and revels of a life of piracy became too great - but the room is anything but restful right now.

A heated battle is underway with a full score of savage pirates swamping a single warrior fighting for their life at the far end of the room. It takes Alohan a couple of seconds to lay eyes on the figure, what with the great number of opponents that they are fighting and the speed with which they move. When he does manage to catch sight of the figure he is left speachless.

A bold beauty with raven-black hair that flows like the deepest shade of midnight flies like a banshee between her opponents -  her dual wielded rapier and dagger flashing so quickly that they almost can't be seen. Her tight leather armour studded with fire opals is now torn in many places and burnt in others, revealing deeply tanned skin and a lithe and muscular body. Despite the overwhelming odds she shows no sign of slowing down or despair and lashes out with her rapier, disembowelling a cursed pirate then flicking her wrist and plunging her dagger into the eye socket of another. Both cursed creatures explode into puddles of acid but the swashbuckling woman has already leapt back out of range.



It is Alohan's move.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1840 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 14 Jun 2016
at 20:10
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Map for Alohan


Map for the rest
Angati
 PC, 591 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 07:07
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati resisted like a wall against the advance of the Kenshar. Her attacks however were weak, and this time, even the gauntlet failed to hit the bastard hienas. "I hold them here, if you can't do no damage, go help the others Urol"


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : Spiritual weapon attack| Stnd : Attack

08:05, Today: Angati rolled 14,8 using 1d20+6,1d8+2.  Morningstar Attack.
08:04, Today: Angati rolled 12,4 using 1d20+8,1d8+2.  Spiritual gauntlet attack.


HP: 35 |  AC: 2224 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :  Blur (20%)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 3/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 1/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Alohan Nuari
 player, 433 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 16:05
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
With taiaha in hand, Alohan never hesitated. As soon as the gang of savage pirates parted revealing an exotic beauty Alohan broke into a sprint. Sure, he momentarily thought of his friends but he also felt -in some twisted way- him losing his mind was a sign. He needed to help.

His feet found purchase in the coarse sand and he closed the distance, picking one of the awaiting pirates as a suitable target. He underestimated the sheer amount of pirate massing upon the warrioress but paid it no heed. This was his moment.

He elongated his grip on the taiaha, hands bunched up on the stoneface, and with his forward momentum he swung the weapon like one might a club. Of course in his haste to join battle, in his haste to prove his worth to his future soul mate, he found a particularly loose patch of sand, causing him to slip and whiff on the strike. He hoped the woman hadn't seen -hoped she was too busy fending for herself to notice his laughable blunder.

All in all, he prepared himself, sighing as he knew his ill begotten luck continued to plague him.
Taiaha: Thank You! Those pictures you linked are damn close to how I envisioned it. Only difference is that the bladed part is crafted out of pure jade -just for aesthetics. But yea, im excited about this choise. Forces me to read up on cultures I would otherwise not have(Like the using of their nuts to sail thing).
Girl: A damsel in distress? Of course I am charging in! Sorry Angati and Co.

11:58, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 11,8 using 1d20+9,1d10+4 ((2,4)).Standard Action: Attack B7  Twohanded swing- charge + enchancment | 1.5 damage for two handed swing... annnnnd I roll a 2. Thanks dice roller. Potentially against the pirate's flat foot since I came in unawares? Even then, I doubt an 11 beats that.
Move Action: Charge straight for nearest target ->C5
Free/Swift Action:

HP: 37/39  AC: 16(-2 from charge)  CMD: 17  | 19 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 0  |  1  Note: I am cursed.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:06, Wed 15 June 2016.

Celene
 player, 909 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 16:10
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Can you move from E:10 to D:9 on the map?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1841 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 17:59
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In reply to Celene (msg # 310):

Sure!

Celene
 player, 910 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 18:06
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Probably no line of sight from B:7 to Krenshar 2.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1842 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 18:10
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
No, you would need to get to at least D5 for LOS.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:10, Wed 15 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1843 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 18:15
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati misses. Alohan's wild swing likewise misses its mark.

Damn it Ron. When will you start to roll above 10 on that d20?!?

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:15, Wed 15 June 2016.

Celene
 player, 911 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 18:15
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene gets to her feet wobbling a bit as she does and looks down at her ruined dress. She frowns before she retreats into the cave looking for a better angle on the last two creatures.


Free : | Swft : | Move : Stand | Stnd : Move 30' to D:7 | Full :



HP: 12/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 3/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (3/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-), Magic Missile (45)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1844 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 18:17
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene, remember that the scale is 2½'. You can move 6 squares with a move action and by my count it is only 6 squares for you to get to D7.
Celene
 player, 912 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 18:20
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Are you saying I have more squares to move? If I can move 6 and went 6 then that's all I can get using a move action to stand.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:20, Wed 15 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1845 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 18:28
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
What does it mean to 'stand'? Why don't you use your move action to move, and your standard action to do something like heal yourself?
Celene
 player, 913 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 18:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
I was unconscious. That makes me prone. I need to stand up before I can move.

SRD:
Stand Up

Standing up from a prone position requires a move action and provokes attacks of opportunity.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1846 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 18:43
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Oh, gotcha. Very good then. Carry on.
Urol Forol
 PC, 14 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 16:12
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol nodded, backing up next to his new allies.  He looked at them, cocking his head.  "Where did the other one go?  The half-naked one?  I can't help the old one over there with the krenshar-things."  He looked at Celene.  "If you're still injured, I could help you, though."  The gnome held up one of his potions.


Free: Swift: Standard: Offer Cure Light Wounds to Celene Move: I8



<OrangE>HP: 28/28     AC: 15/12/14     Saves: 6/5/4
Active Effects: Blur (2 minutes, 20% miss chance as per concealment)
<red></red>

1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Bombs: 5432
Extracts/Day
1: 43
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1848 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 19:12
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol moves and then passes on a potion to Celene, then the sorceress follows Kassius and Kibeti (running on auto-pilot) around the back of the labyrinth in an effort to flank the krenshars.

Kassius FYI, I've also rolled for Kibeti save vs the acid from the last pirate:
20:56, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 14,1 using 1d20+8,1d6.  Kibeti saves vs acid.
He gets hit but his damage resistance wipes out the damage.

ROUND FOUR - END OF PLAYERS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  4/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -5 -3 -7
Krenshar 2 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2 -8 -5
Savage Pirate 1 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 2 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 3 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 4 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 5 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 6 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 7 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 8 <MF NOT USED>

Cpt. Harliss Javell <MF NOT USED>

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


ROUND FIVE - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN

The krenshar facing Angati is again unable to get past her defences. The second krenshar, wobbling on its feet, does not notice the oracles companions sneaking up on it.

Back in the other cavern, savage pirate 8 roars in laughter at Alohan's ineffective attack. "Pretty flesh for my toothy mouth!" he screams as he tries to sink his teeth into the barbarian warrior, but the Nuari prince is too swift and nimbly steps away.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:14, Thu 16 June 2016.

Harliss Javell
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 19:12
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Oi! Bucko!" yells the swashbuckling women who is raging against an endless sea of savage pirates. "I don't know who the frac you are, but either get in the fight or STAY OUT OF THE WAY!" The tanned beauty steps forward, seemingly offering up her neck to one of the pirates. The beast falls for the trick hook, line and sinker, and then the raven-haired beauty steps back and cuts the pirate in half with a critical hit (rolled fair and square with no cheating!). She swirls back and cuts across the face of a second pirate while avoiding the death throe attack and exploding cloud of acid from the first.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1849 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 19:13
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
ROUND FIVE - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  4/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -5 -3 -7
Krenshar 2 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2 -8 -5
Savage Pirate 1 DEAD
Savage Pirate 2 <MF NOT USED> -2
Savage Pirate 3 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 4 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 5 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 6 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 7 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 8 <MF NOT USED>

Cpt. Harliss Javell <MF NOT USED>

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


ROUND FIVE - START OF PLAYERS' TURN


Actually, SP1 is dead.


This message was last edited by the GM at 19:14, Thu 16 June 2016.

Angati
 PC, 592 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 17 Jun 2016
at 06:39
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Seeing how Urol had gone further back, Angati decided to take another step back, thus trying to keep both kenshar in the narrow corridor-like cave.

Taking time now, and a little bit reassured on her armor, she calmly directed the gauntlet to hit the kenshar closer to her, hitting it squarely on the head,  followed by a morningstar hit on the other side of its face... almost like a double slap on the face. The gauntlet however, disappeared immediately after the attack.


Free :  Step G7| Swft :  | Move : Spiritual weapon attack| Stnd : Attack

07:35, Today: Angati rolled 22,9 using 1d20+6,1d8+2.  Morningstar Attack.
07:34, Today: Angati rolled 24,5 using 1d20+8,1d8+2.  Spiritual gauntlet attack.
(I think I have used the 4 rounds I got from it).


HP: 35 |  AC: 2224 | CMD : 15 | Saves: 4/4/5
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :  Blur (20%)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 3/7 Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour</i>
      L2 Spells : 1/4 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon
      Abilities : Misfortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Celene
 player, 915 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Sat 18 Jun 2016
at 03:01
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Before drinking the potion offered by Urol; Celene hoped she could clear out the last remaining savage animals with one spell. She stepped forward and began to recite her spell weaving magical energies as she finished the incantation the spell rushed forth from her outstretched hands bathing the Krenshar's in smoky fire laced with purple tendrils.

The sorceress then looked towards Kibeti and Kassius hoping the cat would interpose itself between her and the animals. If they managed to survive the fire.


Free : | Swft : | Move : to E:4 | Stnd : Cast Burning Hands | Full :

Spell should hit both Krenshar's and not go into Angati's square.

23:00, Today: Celene rolled 10 using 3d4.  Burning Hands Damage.

Reflex Save DC 15 for Half. Should bypass DR at least.


HP: 2/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 2/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (3/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-), Magic Missile (45)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1852 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 18 Jun 2016
at 19:59
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene steps forward and fries the second krenshar with her magical flames - the creature screams and then pops like a big balloon filled with acid.

Angati hits the other creature and it staggers back - only its ferocity keeps it fighting now.

OOC: There is now an acid patch it G4 - I have been forgetting to add these to the map...

Kassius, Kibeti and Urol to go on the western map. Alohan still to move on the eastern map.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1853 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 18 Jun 2016
at 20:08
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Updated mid-turn map.
Celene
 player, 916 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Sat 18 Jun 2016
at 20:50
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
It should have hit them both. Based on the 15' foot cone.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1855 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 18 Jun 2016
at 21:05
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Ah-ha. In that case they are both toast!

Kassius and Urol are free to chase after Alohan.
Kassius
 player, 415 posts
 Hunter 4
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 15:09
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius looks over the group, seeing that they're all still standing, and then realizes with a start that Alohan is nowhere to be found. He pauses, listening for the sound of battle and sniffing his newly sensitive nose. Then, he and Kibeti dash off in the direction of the fight.

Kassius and Kibeti move over to Alohan's map. Is that a turn? I'm not actually sure where he ran off to!
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1856 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 17:34
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Yeah, it takes you one round to get over there.
Alohan Nuari
 player, 436 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 22:01
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Bucko!? he heard himself repeat. 'I'll show her!'
His pele broke through,  forcing him into an uncontrollable rage. It might have been wise for him to remain where he was, farthest from the bulk of the acid pirates, but Alohan was filled with the desire to get closer -get into the thick of it. He stepped forward, brushing past his first target and picking one out of the crowd. Again, Alohan missed, swinging his taiaha wildly -both attempting to smack and stab his opponent.

Kassius: I wanted to impress her but here you go bringing your big 'cat' into the fight leaving no room for me and my wood. Not like it would matter much. Still can't roll above a 10.


17:51, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 10,8,14,9 using 1d20+9,1d10+5,1d20+9,1d6+5 ((1,3,5,4)).
Standard Action: Attack B6
Move Action: Fight foot step to C7
Free/Swift Action:
<HR
HP: 37/39(+8hp Rage)  AC: 18(16)  CMD: 17(15)  | 19(17) vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 8  |  8  Stunning Fist: 0  |  1  Note:

Angati
 PC, 595 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 06:50
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati saw the flames engulf the two monsters with almost as much satisfaction as if they had been her own flames.

Turning around, she saw Celene badly hurt and Alohan missing. "Let's go find him first... I'll heal you as soon as I can Celene, let's just not loose time now and find Alohan, maybe he needs our help more direly".

OOC: So I guess 1 round running.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1857 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 18:15
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan continues to swing wildly without contacting anything.

ROUND FIVE - END OF PLAYERS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  4/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -5 -3 -7
Krenshar 2 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2 -8 -5
Savage Pirate 1 DEAD
Savage Pirate 2 <MF NOT USED> -2
Savage Pirate 3 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 4 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 5 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 6 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 7 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 8 <MF NOT USED>

Cpt. Harliss Javell <MF NOT USED>

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


ROUND SIX - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN
Harliss Javell
 NPC, 2 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 18:16
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Good idea Bucko!" yells the bronzed woman, her sable hair flashing about like a ribbon in the air. "If you can't fight, at least offer up your sweet flesh to them. It'll distract them enough so I can get the job done!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1858 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 18:16
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius, Kibeti and Urol spend the round running west.

Celene and Angati can start that trip next round (since they have already acted this round.)

Alohan almost disappears under a swarm of savage pirates, but by some miracle remains untouched. They are also unable to lay a hand on the female warrior. She slices up savage pirate #2 and 5' steps into his spot, lining up a flanking attack with Alohan. This means stepping into the sludgy, acidic remains of the pirate, but she ignores the acid stings (4hp damage).

ROUND SIX - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  4/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -5 -3 -7
Krenshar 2 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2 -8 -5
Savage Pirate 1 DEAD
Savage Pirate 2 DEAD
Savage Pirate 3 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 4 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 5 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 6 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 7 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 8 <MF NOT USED>

Cpt. Harliss Javell <MF NOT USED> -4

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


ROUND SIX - START OF PLAYERS' TURN

Kassius, Kibeti and Urol, who spent the last round running her, arrive at the start of this turn and may move like normal.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:27, Mon 20 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1859 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 18:28
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove

Updated map
Urol Forol
 PC, 17 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 18:45
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Arriving in the new room, Urol assess the situation, then stepped forward and lobbed a bomb into the center of a group of pirates.


Free: Swift: Standard: Bomb vs #4 Move: C5
5 damage vs #4, 4 Splash on 3,6,7.  Reflex DC 14 for 1/2.


<OrangE>HP: 28/28     AC: 15/12/14     Saves: 6/5/4
Active Effects: Blur (2 minutes, 20% miss chance as per concealment)

14:37, Today: Urol Forol rolled 5 using 2d6+2.  Damage.
14:35, Today: Urol Forol rolled 14 using 1d20+5.  Ranged Attack.


1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Bombs: 54321
Extracts/Day
1: 43
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1863 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 19:17
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol hits SP4 and the three surrounding pirates.

SP4 takes 5, SP3 takes 4, SP6 takes 2, SP7 takes 4.

Alohan, Kassius and Kibeti still to play. I'll post for them tomorrow if no move by then - is Ron on vacation?
Kassius
 player, 416 posts
 Hunter 4
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 23:15
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"How typical. We're busy fighting, and Alohan is off wooing a lady, only to get himself in deep trouble surrounded by enemies." Kassius quips sarcastically, even as he draws his bow and fires at one of the pirate's attacking the Nuari man.

Kibeti, lacking the ability to make clever quips, instead hunches down and pounces on the same pirate, easily landing on the man, but without enough force necessary to punch through the magical protections.



Kassius
18:59, Today: Kassius rolled 15,10,15,6 using 1d20+8,2d6+2,1d20+8,2d6+2.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
Full Round Action: Rapid shot vs pirate 8

HP: 27/27  AC 19, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 2/4; 2nd: 1/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow

Kibeti
19:04, Today: Kibeti rolled 23,4 using 1d20+8,1d6+3.  charge attack (bite) attack, damage.
Full Round Action: Move to C6Charge 8 (or if Kassius killed him, move to B7 and attack 5 instead)

HP: 28/28AC 21(23 vs evil), Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: Bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil, Mage Armor

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1864 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 12:28
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Both of Kassius' arrows miss. Kibeti hits, but his bite does no damage.

OOC: I want to roll some dice! So I'm taking Ron's turn.

14:20, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 20,6,24,10 using 1d20+9,1d10+5,1d20+9,1d6+5.  Alohan flurry of blows.

There's nothing god damn wrong with the dice roller Ron. Oh, and that was without the +2 flanking bonus.

Alohan, ignoring Kassius' jab about male bravado, continues wading into the depths of the melee and finally gets his act together and clobbers the savage pirate standing between him and the sable-haired beauty.

"So you do have some spunk in you after all, bucko!" she exclaims as the native barbarian eviscerates the cursed seaman. Alohan also avoids the creatures death throes attack and the acid. (Because the DM is rolling for him)

Ron, please cross off another round of rage.

ROUND SIX - END OF PLAYERS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  4/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -5 -3 -7
Krenshar 2 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2 -8 -5
Savage Pirate 1 DEAD
Savage Pirate 2 DEAD
Savage Pirate 3 <MF NOT USED> -4
Savage Pirate 4 <MF NOT USED> -5
Savage Pirate 5 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 6 DEAD
Savage Pirate 7 <MF NOT USED> -4
Savage Pirate 8 <MF NOT USED>

Cpt. Harliss Javell <MF NOT USED> -4

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


ROUND SEVEN - START OF OPPONENTS' TURN
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1865 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 12:41
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In his haste to strike an effective blow and impress his future wife, Alohan has left himself wide open and BOTH savage pirates manage to bite him - one also strikes him with his sword. The result is not pretty, with Alohan being pretty blooded by the time he manages to pull himself away (19 hp damage in total!).

"Ouch! Well, it was nice knowing you bucko!" chuckles the female swashbuckler as she avoids all six of the attacks aimed at her. She lands two skillful blows on SP4 which dutifully explodes in response. She dodges the resulting acid.

Alohan makes both his saves vs disease.

ROUND SIX - END OF OPPONENTS' TURN

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 18/39 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Urol    HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  4/21 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/27 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 28/28 <MF NOT USED>

Krenshar 1 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -5 -3 -7
Krenshar 2 [Private to GM: 17]<MF NOT USED> -4 -3 -2 -8 -5
Savage Pirate 1 DEAD
Savage Pirate 2 DEAD
Savage Pirate 3 <MF NOT USED> -4
Savage Pirate 4 DEAD
Savage Pirate 5 <MF NOT USED>
Savage Pirate 6 DEAD
Savage Pirate 7 <MF NOT USED> -4
Savage Pirate 8 <MF NOT USED>

Cpt. Harliss Javell <MF NOT USED> -4

BUFFS & DE-BUFFS
Kassius has gravity bow until round 36
Protection from evil on all until round 26
Mage armour on Kibeti, Alohan, Celene and Urol for several hours
Angati has blur until round 36
Urol has blur until round 36


ROUND SEVEN - START OF PLAYERS' TURN

I'm not going to update the map, but SP4 and SP6 are now dead. Kibeti is in C6. Celene and Angati enter the map at about D3 and may move this round.
Celene
 player, 918 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 13:02
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene strides forward hoping to finish this once and for all; perhaps somewhat foolishly. She was tired, confused, and deeply saddened by the death of her friend. She moved in front of the nearest pirate and once more attempted to call on the fire coursing through her blood.

She sent the flames coursing over the pirates and the woman; it wasn’t her best effort.


Free : | Swft : | Move : to B:6 | Stnd : Cast Burning Hands | Full :

Cast Defensively DC 17

08:58, Today: Celene rolled 19 using 1d20+7.  Cast Defensively.

08:59, Today: Celene rolled 4 using 3d4.  Damage. Ugh...

Reflex Save DC 15 for Half.


HP: 2/21 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 10 | Saves: +3/+1/+8
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs :
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Detect Magic, Resistance)

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 1/6    : Burning Disarm (DC 15), Burning Hands (DC 15), Charm person (DC16), Grease, Sleep (DC16), Summon Monster I,
       - 1/day  : Bless, Sanctuary, Disguise Self,
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (3/5), Copycat (5/5), Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-), Magic Missile (45)


Spell hits these squares.


This message was last edited by the player at 13:06, Wed 22 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1866 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 19:29
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene:
Spell hits these squares.


OOC: Geez dude. Bonus XP for actually marking up the map with the squares affected by the spell. I guess that is one way to make sure your dense DM actually remembers it is an area of effect spell.

Celene raises her hands and unleashes a fiery burst of raw fire energy. Well, less than a burst, more like a spray. Perhaps 'dribble' might be a better word. Pirates 3 & 8 take 4 hp damage, 4 & 7 take 2 points of damage. The lone swordswoman (who automatically makes her reflex saves) takes 2 points of damage, and this seems to bring the party to her attention for the first time.
Harliss Javell
 NPC, 3 posts
Wed 22 Jun 2016
at 19:29
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Ouch! Who the frac are you little girl? Why is there an... albino tiger here? Urol, you mouldy little pevert, is that you? Did YOU actually survive." The leathered armoured warrior returns to the job at hand. "Jebidiah, is that you?" she asks as she fends off another of the savage pirate mutants. "You've looked better son - that second head doesn't suit you. Here, let me send you on your way." She lashes out at him with her sabre.
Urol Forol
 PC, 18 posts
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 16:06
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol squinted at the pirate-captain cutting into the deformed mutants.  "Captain Javell!  Good to see you!  I told you all that loco-weed was good for your health, and I was right!  It saved me from whatever turned these pirates.  And what's this about a pervert?  I told you when I left your ship that what you saw me doing with that fruticose lichen was perfectly natural, and I don't know why you made such a fuss over it."

The gnome grunted and pulled out his crossbow again, saving his last bomb for later.  Aiming for the most-burned pirate in the back, he let a bolt fly.


Free: Swift: Standard: Crossbow vs #3 Move: C5
Hit 5 damage vs AC 21


HP: 28/28     AC: 15/12/14     Saves: 6/5/4
Active Effects: Blur (2 minutes, 20% miss chance as per concealment)


12:05, Today: Urol Forol rolled 5 using 1d6+1.  Crossbow Damage.
12:04, Today: Urol Forol rolled 21 using 1d20+6.  Crossbow Attack.


1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Bombs: 54321
Extracts/Day
1: 43

Kassius
 player, 417 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 22:54
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius feels an oddly surreal sense of focus in the fight. Arrow knocked, he fires casually, grabbing the next arrow and firing it at the next foe, hardly worried, simply knowing. Both arrows catch a pirate directly between the eyes, dropping them immediately.

Kibeti is less successful, but he does deal a slight bit of damage with his bite, and hopefully keeping the enemy from focusing on Celene.



Kassius
18:48, Today: Kassius rolled 22,21,21,14 using 1d20+6,4d6+4,1d20+6,4d6+4.  Confirm crit(s!).
18:47, Today: Kassius rolled 26,9,26,10 using 1d20+6,2d6+2,1d20+6,2d6+2.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
HOLY SHIT DOUBLE CRITS!!
Total Damage: 30 (shot 1), 24 (shot 2)
Full Round Action: Rapid shot vs pirate 7 (and 6, assuming the first attack drops 7).

HP: 27/27  AC 19, Saves+6/+9/+4
Spells Slots: 1st: 2/4; 2nd: 1/2;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/4, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow

Kibeti
18:51, Today: Kibeti rolled 17,6,13,9,16,5 using 1d20+6,1d6+3,1d20+6,1d6+3,1d20+6,1d6+3.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Full Round Action: Full Attack P8

HP: 28/28AC 23(25 vs evil), Saves+6/+8/+3
Current Animal Focus: Bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil, Mage Armor

This message was last edited by the player at 01:01, Fri 24 June 2016.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 438 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 02:27
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan continues his battle rage, swinging the taiaha in an attempt to measure up against his companions prowess. His body was badly savaged and his life blood was spilling onto the sand but his pele disallowed him a measure of peace -he was too consumed by his emotions to make any rash decisions. Any sane warrior would recognize victory was imminent. Any sane warrior would feel a bit of self preservation, retreating to mend themselves and live to fight another day. Not Alohan.

He jabbed out with his wood, spinning it about in quick succession to cut and slice, beat and bludgeon. He glanced at the lady he wanted to save, realizing she was no worse for wear. It didn't matter, Alohan continued with reckless abandon.
Kassius: Double crit? This is ridiculous.

22:03, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 23,8,24,11 using 1d20+9,1d10+5,1d20+9,1d6+5 ((14,3,15,6)) Attack,Damage. Doesn't factor in any potential flanking.
Standard Action: Attack -the closest still standing after Kassius's demolition?
Move Action: - any 5ft steps necessary
Free/Swift Action:
HP: 18/39(+8hp Rage)  AC: 18(16)  CMD: 17(15)  | 19(17) vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+0
Rage: 6  |  8  Stunning Fist: 0  |  1  Note: JESUS KASSIUS!

This message was last edited by the player at 14:36, Fri 24 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1870 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 18:37
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol Forol:
"Captain Javell!  Good to see you!  I told you all that loco-weed was good for your health, and I was right!  It saved me from whatever turned these pirates.  And what's this about a pervert?  I told you when I left your ship that what you saw me doing with that fruticose lichen was perfectly natural, and I don't know why you made such a fuss over it."


Captain Javell grunts, but does not pause in the business of cutting down pirates. "Humph. Well maybe, but you relationship with that violet fungus just ain't proper!" She pounces force to squewer the next former member of her crew.

Urol hits a pirate in the centre of the chest and... does no damage at all.

Kassius lands an arrow in each eye. One pirate simply seizes to exist in a gigantic spray for acidic blood. Kibeti scratches another pirate (1 hp damage).

Alohan finally lands two good honest blows and takes out another pirate.

This leaves two of the savage creatures and the pirate captain wastes no time in dispatching them with her swirling blades.

The battleground is now empty of cursed victims but the swashbuckler doesn't lower her weapons, indeed she raises them slightly and holds them barely an arms length from Alohan. What with the pirates the party saw her kill and the half dozen patches of acid around the room that where there when the entered, it appears that this lady killed a dozen of the creatures herself and is a skilful swordsperson.
Harliss Javell
 NPC, 4 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 18:37
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"What is your name, bucko?" she barks out. "I only ask so's I can cut your letters inta' yer chest and save the undertaken some asking 'round."

She looks around the rest of the group. "And what manner of driftwood are the rest of yer? What are you doing in our secret base. Urol, is this yer doin'?!!" She glowers at the little gnome.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:40, Fri 24 June 2016.

Kassius
 player, 420 posts
 Hunter 4
Sun 26 Jun 2016
at 00:21
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Not much of a secret base. We found it easily enough, and it seems to be overrun with monsters." Kassius comments snidely, still feeling the afterglow of supreme confidence he had felt right at the end of the fight.
Angati
 PC, 599 posts
 Oracle 4
Sun 26 Jun 2016
at 07:11
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati had made it to the battle ground with Celene  just about in time to hear the last exchanges and do little more. She was thoroughly impressed with the woman's competence with her weapons, but her pronunciation clearly needed some thorough work.

"Good day to you too Lady. I am afraid we are not following you, we are after the tracks of Vanthus, he is the one that has done this to you... we happen to be hear in his search to end with him and found Urol along the way.".

She paused for a second, "Urol, you mentioned something about some kind of remedy for this ? could you spare some for me please ? I am certainly not feeling good".
Urol Forol
 PC, 19 posts
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 00:20
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol nodded eagerly along with Angati's story.  "It's true!  I was all sealed up in my lab.  They found me and forced the door open.  I was looking for a way to escape, what with all the monsters running around.  I most certainly did not lead them here."

The gnome harrumphed and patted the moist sack on his belt.  "There, there," he whispered to the bag.  "She doesn't mean it."

Looking up again, he taps a small amount of loco-weed into some rolling paper and offers it to Angati.  "This is the stuff.  Good to ward off whatever's changing these people into monsters.  It worked on me, after all!"
Angati
 PC, 600 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 06:39
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati did not trust her judgement all that much so, she asked "Just chew it up ?" while she was putting the fungus or whatever it was already into her mouth.
Urol Forol
 PC, 20 posts
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 14:31
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In reply to Angati (msg # 355):

Urol burst out laughing. "You've never heard of loco weed?!  No, you need to inhale it for full effect.  Here, let me show you."  The gnome takes back the home-made cigarette, fumbles in his back for his tinderbox, then finally lights it. He takes a deep drag, and a look of bliss replaces his anxious expression. Suddenly, the gnome coughs and apologizes, passing the lit cigarette back to Angati.
Celene
 player, 922 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 15:32
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene watched as the gnome rolled a fat lump of weed into some paper and handed it to Angati. Urol had done some fascinating things with alchemy in just the short time they had been allied together. She hoped she would be able to pick his brain once this accursed place was behind them. She banished the thought from her mind and approached Harliss ”Miss Javell is it? Do you know anything about Vanthus? Or the reason so many ships came together here? Can you tell us anything about the attack that left the ships on fire in the bay?” she asked pleadingly.
Angati
 PC, 601 posts
 Oracle 4
Tue 28 Jun 2016
at 09:42
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Meanwhile Angati was taking the first steps to a terrible vice that would accompany her for the rest of her live....
Alohan Nuari
 player, 440 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Wed 29 Jun 2016
at 00:46
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan's head swam and Angati's new found hobby smelled foul enough that he almost lost what little was left in his stomach. He looked at Urol, glaringly. He didn't particularly like the newcomer and already he was convincing the others to partake in something he wouldn't recommend. He had seen the effects of this... loco weed on the Pearl Islands. The stuff didn't grow naturally but yet, with the influx of foreign influence, had found it's way into his brethren's lungs. Where once they were an active people, now most want to sit by the fire eating haupia & banana cake. Alohan wasn't one to pass judgement for other people's hobbies -what with his drunken debauchery- but this was something he despised.

He looked to the lady, unsure if her brash personality was going to continue to ruin his desire for her. "And mah name be Alohan Nuari" he announced when the others had asked their questions. He was thankful for the inquiries -gave the world time to cease it's unnecessary spinning. "And de only way ya be touchin dis chest, is in de heat of passion," he said in jest, his tone a bit more harsher than he intended.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:46, Wed 29 June 2016.

Harliss Javell
 NPC, 4 posts
Wed 29 Jun 2016
at 09:17
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius:
"Not much of a secret base. We found it easily enough, and it seems to be overrun with monsters." Kassius comments snidely, still feeling the afterglow of supreme confidence he had felt right at the end of the fight.


The swordswoman glowers at the half-orc and her hands move back towards the hilts of her swords. "Yeh got some sas in you half-breed," she mutters. "You remind me of the first mate on me ship, and not in a good way..."

Angati:
"Good day to you too Lady.".


"I ain't no lady!" she barks. "The name is 'Javell' to you," she says, eyeing the elderly Sasserine noblewoman up and down. "So you lot found me, what are you going to do now? What is your business in this little piece o' hell? Why did you follow me in here?"

Angati:
"I am afraid we are not following you, we are after the tracks of Vanthus, he is the one that has done this to you... we happen to be here in his search to end with him and found Urol along the way.".


"Vanthus? VANTHUS VANDERBOREN?! That pile of human excrement! He will be paid back! I have made sure of that already."

Celene:
”Miss Javell is it? Do you know anything about Vanthus? Or the reason so many ships came together here? Can you tell us anything about the attack that left the ships on fire in the bay?” she asked pleadingly.


The pirate grits her teeth. "CAPTAIN Javell. All hail the master of the savage tide! But look," she relaxes a bit. "If yer have some beef with Vanthus then maybe we ain't on the wrong side of each other... yet." She wipes the sweat from her brow and continues.

OOC: Celene pushes the exposition button again and gets the pay out.

"All this yeh see here," the flamboyant woman says as she waves her hand at the slaughtered deformities, "and whatever nightmares ye must have fought through t'get t'me; t'was all Vanthus Vanderboren's doing! That vomitous pig came t'me with his hussy 'n asked t'see our wares, made like he were a black marketer lookin' fer some fur or scale t'move. Told him we had a ship coming in today that were full of exotica for him ta'shop, so stayed on a few nights. Seemed like a fine enough chap, but then a couple of hours ago he dumped a hold full of whale oil into the cove and LIT IT UP! As for why there were so many ships here little cleric... that is entirely normal. Each full moon Crimson Fleet ships that might be in this area pull into this little cove to exchange news, plan, trade and drink their full of rum."

"But anyway. I was below decks on my ship, the Slippery Eel, at the time and came topside to find the bay on fire, half of our ships on fire, and Vanthus and his girl on board in the process of robbing me! Can ye imagine that? A pair of base curs tryin' t'rob Captain Harliss Javill? Ha! Anyway, I called out for the crew to get on deck double quick-like and then I stuck that fool Vanthus in his arm with me blade. He yelped like a little girl and then dropped what he was trying to shove into his backpack. It was only the special delivery I was making from head-quarters. A black pearl the size of a man's fist!"

"It didn't drop far, but damn me if the thing didn't crack like an egg when it hit the deck then this whole bunch of smelly green gas bubbled and churned out of it, a crazy amount of gas! The gas just kept coming out, more and more, until we were all surrounded and in the middle of some sort of cloud flashing with light. By that point most of my crew were on deck but the gas was causing us all to choke and was so acidic it was blackening the damn wood of the deck. I cursed Vanthus, who was cowering like a baby, and went to finish him off but then... things got weird."

"The green mist seemed to be inside my head, inside my vision, and I felt strange. Like other things was in my mind. Someone angry and evil and someone just as evil but more sneaky. And I felt a rage and hunger like I have never felt before! I gritted my teeth and managed to resist it, but by the time I opened my eyes Vanthus an his little girly were gone. And I had other things to think about because that stinky cloud has turned all me crew bad. Turned them into something you might throw back if you found it in a net on account of it having no place in the sun!" Harliss gives the slimy, acidic remains of one of the deformed two-headed pirates a hefty kick.

"Whatever that damnable pearl is, it turned three score of our men into cannibalistic freaks! I realized I couldn't fight them all so I dived into the water t'get away, and made it back to the caves. I found my first matte, Drevoraz, and also the boss of this place, Kigate may the shades take mercy on his soul. And about a half dozen others who had resisted the change and we tried to make a stand against the rest, but we were nothing but a banquet for those things. They tore apart the others like sharks until only Drevoraz and me were left."

"Oh, and one more thing. I think they got sick in their maws. The spots they done bit me burn like the fires of the abyss and it's hard to think straight..." She staggers a little. "But hey! Yeh fought yer way in here. That means there ain't much left of them out there, yeah?"

Alohan Nuari:
Alohan looked to the lady, unsure if her brash personality was going to continue to ruin his desire for her. "And mah name be Alohan Nuari" he announced when the others had asked their questions. He was thankful for the inquiries -gave the world time to cease it's unnecessary spinning. "And de only way ya be touchin dis chest, is in de heat of passion," he said in jest, his tone a bit more harsher than he intended.


Captain Harliss Javill raises an eyebrow at the indefatigable native. "Well, it might just come to that bucko. Assuming we get out of here in one piece and I can get a ship up and sailing."

This message was last updated by the player at 09:17, Wed 29 June 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1873 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 29 Jun 2016
at 09:21
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Needless to say, Angati partaking of Urols 'miricale weed' does not seem to calm her fever or halt the spread of the disease. It does make her slightly woozy and rather hungry though. I guess (having never tried it myself) that she also feels quite relaxed.
Angati
 PC, 602 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 29 Jun 2016
at 10:48
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Yes, all hail the prince of the savage tides !" cried out Angati as when the captain mentioned the savage tide, looking immediately flustered and breaking this into a laugh "Did I just say that ?" she muttered in between giggles, "Was that me or was it you Anansi ?, tell me... you are not trying to drive me mad are you ? cuz that sounded very much like my voice.. but I did not say that did I?".

Angati rubbed her face with her hands trying to gain a bit of focus, massaging her eyes as she did so... "I really don't think this is helping Urol... it makes it... funnier but no better".

[Private to GM: OOC: and I wonder if the captain and I can get into a loop:
Cap: Yes, all hail the prince of the savage tides
Me:  Yes, all hail the prince of the savage tides
Cap: Yes, all hail the prince of the savage tides
]
Harliss Javell
 NPC, 5 posts
Thu 30 Jun 2016
at 08:44
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Yes, the two halves that were split will become whole again!" snarls the pirate captain, reaching for one of her blades. She manages to catch herself at the last minute and instead places the palm of her hand on her forehead and wobbles a bit. "I don't know what is coming over me..." she mutters.

OOC: Geez Beni, are you actually trying to trigger her to transform into one of these beasts?
Alohan Nuari
 player, 441 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Thu 30 Jun 2016
at 22:55
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan's hand reflexively went to his injuries. The bites on his forearms and the wicked slash across his chest stung but had otherwise clotted up enough to not be life threatening. He would have asked Celene to cleanse his skin (as she normally had done) but seeing Angati begin to lose her mind -and hearing Captain Javell's story- Alohan gave pause. He felt sane. A bit fatigued but otherwise he was in his right mind. Was the disease delayed? Would he lose his mind in transit back to Sasserine? None-the-less, it wouldn't do him well dwelling on it.

He walked forward, looking to Celene. "My friend," he whispered, holding up his ruined arms. He leaned heavily on his taiaha. "Do ya have any magics ta help me wit de's wounds?"

Captain Javell's sudden digress of topic gave Alohan pause. He normally wouldn't interject but he wanted everyone to focus at the task at hand. "Captain!" he snapped, elevating his voice to command attention. "What of de Vandus? Any idea where he be going? And dis black... pearl? Where did de Crimson ships find such treasure?"
Harliss Javell
 NPC, 6 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 06:18
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan Nuari:
"Captain!" he snapped, elevating his voice to command attention. "What of de Vandus? Any idea where he be going?"


"Well t's'not like he announced it out loud before he slunk off like the low'life gutter cur he is, bucko! But he let slip some info when we were socializing-like. Apparently he's got a manner house in Sasserine. So I've arranged for him to be taken care off, don't yer waste a second thought about him now." Harliss smiles in an unpleasant way.

Alohan Nuari:
And dis black... pearl? Where did de Crimson ships find such treasure?"


The pirate captain hesitates before answering. That question actually intrudes on Crimson Fleet business and Crimson business is not something you're meant to talk about with outsiders... but the fever pulsing through her veins has made her a bit more loose lipped, and in any case, there is something she needs to get off her chest.

"I don't know exactly where we got that thing from, but it was an order from high up in the echelons that I should pick it up from Ierendi City and then bring it all the way here to Kraken's Cove where it would be picked up tonight by a 'representative' of Sasserine. Obviously not that piece of maggot meat Vanthus, he didn't know anything about it, but another one of your soft city folk." She looks the party up and down again. They don't look like they know much about the seas.

There was a sign I was meant to look for," she adds softly, musing almost to herself.

If what she says is true then the 'Black Pearl' made a very long journey before it's evil energies were prematurely released. Ierendi City is the capital of the lawless Pirate Isles located clear across the other side of the Sea of Dread, a good 2,000 miles to the north-west of here.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1876 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 10:47
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
It has been a crazy couple of weeks. Since defeating the Lotus Dragons the party has variously: captured the world’s biggest rust monster, taken a drug fuelled rampage through the bullywug nation’s most sacred shrine, been beaten half to death with gym equipment, fought with not one, but two evil gangs of intelligent weapons, bashed their way through the cursed pirate base and survived (well, most of them survived). They have all learnt a lot from the experience, blah, blah, blah…

WELCOME TO LEVEL FIVE!

I was going to do this on the ride back to Sasserine, but maybe you want to muse over the best spell and feat combinations over summer break so here you go!

Celene
 player, 925 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 12:02
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene looked at Alohan's wounds but was quickly pulled away by a comment Javell made. "His manor house? That isn't his house it's Lavinia's!" she said exclaimed "What have you done? Can you call it off?" she asked the captain.

08:01, Today: Celene rolled 8 using 3d6.  Channel Energy.
Harliss Javell
 NPC, 7 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 12:14
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
“Well who the frac is Lavnia? Call it off? Bllllll.” The pirate blows a wet raspberry. “Why the frac would I want to call it off after I went to all the trouble with Drevoraz to organise it? Vanthus needs to get given some pay-back little girl. That little frac needs to suffer for what he did.”

Don't worry about the healing. We're at the end of the day and very soon all the spell casters will be free to heal up the whole party 100%. I'll just write that it happens, no need to roll for it.
Celene
 player, 926 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 17:21
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene turned back to her allies her eyes wide "We need to get back to Sasserine. Lavinia and everyone at her manor are in danger." she gave the captain a dirty look as she turned away and began heading for the beach wanting to leave the memories of this accursed place behind her.
Harliss Javell
 NPC, 8 posts
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 18:18
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Harliss moves forward, her speed taking the party by surprise and the drawing of her blade so quick that Celene doesn't even see if happen. The young cleric does feel the end result though, as the last two inches of the pirate's rapier appear like magic across the front of her neck.

"You're not going anywhere little sweet," says the pirate captain softly. She draws her other blade and levels it at the rest of the party. "Vanthus is going to get his comeuppance, and no-one will stop that, I swear it!"

OOC: Okay, diplomacy check time - and a very important one at that. The party's best diplomat gets to argue the party's  case and needs DC15 for indifferent and DC25 for helpful. Less than DC15 is very bad. The other characters can help if they wish with DC10 assistance checks.

Angati has the best diplomacy score so Beni will be making the roll.

Urol Forol
 PC, 21 posts
Sat 2 Jul 2016
at 03:32
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol stares from Celene to Captain Javell, his face a mask of worry and concern.  Then suddenly, then mask breaks, and the gnome breaks up a fit of laughter.  He regains his composure and looks very severely at his former captain.  "Captain, I know I don't know these people very well, but they've kept their word so far.  And you don't want to be angering the Sasserine...Sasserinites?  Sasserinians?"  For a moment, it looks as though Urol is about to lose his train of thought, but he pulls through.  "Anyway, yeah, I'd do what they say."

23:26, Today: Urol Forol rolled 20 using 1d20+8.  Diplomacy (Aid Another).
Angati
 PC, 605 posts
 Oracle 4
Sat 2 Jul 2016
at 10:09
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati was really off with the disease that was ravaging her, still as she started speaking "Oh.. Vanthus is going to get that and more much much MORE !... but you see, the reason why she is telling you to pull that off, is because what you will be doing is helping Vanthus if you attack his manor.... please don't do that"....  she saw an immediate future that did not look all that convincing, she blinked pulling back on the last 4 words and retiring the 'please' out of the sentence, instead saying

"So stop acting like a bitch and listen closely. Vanderboren manner is ran by Lavinia, Vanthus sister... now, it so happens that Lavinia found out all he is doing, and she is financing his demise. Paying us and others to end with Vanthus threat. There is nothing that Vanthus would like better than you ending up with his sister and doing the dirty work for him... only you would kill his only enemy right now.. but you would make him inherit all the family's fortune".

'That was infinitely better... now if the voices would stop pushing her to further insult that bitch... to gorge her with her own teeth'... Her eyes appeared a bit glazed looking at Harliss and a somewhat greenish bit of saliva dropped from the commissure of her mouth...

10:59, Today: Angati rolled 18 using 1d20+14.  Diplomacy roll.  (MF used on myself for reroll)
10:59, Today: Angati rolled 32 using 1d20+14.  Diplomacy Roll.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:10, Sat 02 July 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1878 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 2 Jul 2016
at 14:23
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Impressive roll Beni! I will still wait and see if the others can assist you since there is a bonus for passing DC40! Alohan, Celene and Kassius are still to roll and should feel free to use their daily MF.
Celene
 player, 927 posts
 Sorcerer 3 / Cleric 1
Sat 2 Jul 2016
at 19:40
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Celene stiffened when the rapier ran across her neck. She sucked in a breath and didn't exhale until Angati had her say. "Insuring the manor's safety and telling us everything you can about who wanted that pearl will help see that Vanthus pays for what he has done. We'll bring you his head when he gets his in the end; you can bronze it and keep it in your quarters for all we care." she hoped the edges of the blade weren't as sharp as the point as he spoke.

15:33, Today: Celene rolled 16 using 1d20+8.  Diplomacy.
Kassius
 player, 421 posts
 Hunter 4
Sun 3 Jul 2016
at 01:40
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius is a far less elegant speaker than his companions, something he is well aware of. He usually prefers staying quiet, or at best contributing a snarky comment to the discussion. Still, perhaps he could help somehow. Sometimes many voices were more convincing than just one, no matter how well-spoken.

"We fought our way through all of those monsters that had you pinned in here. Let us help you stop Vanthus without endangering the innocent."


21:38, Today: Kassius rolled 11 using 1d20-1. diplomacy.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:01, Sun 03 July 2016.

Angati
 PC, 606 posts
 Oracle 4
Sun 3 Jul 2016
at 07:41
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
OOC: Well I didn't add the Sasserin +2 to diplomacy from the pin they gave us... thought that would not work on her, but maybe it does ? lol.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1880 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 3 Jul 2016
at 07:44
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Err....no Beni, she is NOT impressed by the shinny 'Spire of Sasserine' that you have pinned to your armour. :D
Alohan Nuari
 player, 443 posts
 Barbarian 2 / Monk 2
Sun 3 Jul 2016
at 13:39
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
" yea!" Alohan added immediately after Kassius was done speaking. "And I be savin' ya life.... Well... I helped.." he grumbled shifting beside Angati. To punctuate his point, he crossed his arms and proceeded to flex his pectoral muscles.
09:35, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 10 using 1d20+3 ((7)). Diplo Check
we did!

Harliss Javell
 NPC, 9 posts
Sun 3 Jul 2016
at 19:19
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Harliss listens to the persuasive arguments of each party member, and lowers her blade a little as each speaks, but it is the dancing pecs of Alohan that finally win her over.

OOC: Wow. Well done guys. I wonder how may of the many parties that have played through this module made it to the DC40? Very few I would wager and this will have a big effect on the campaign.

"Damn," she curses as she sheathes her rapier and short sword. "This is something that Captain Harliss Javell doesn't say often, 'sorry'. It looks like I have sent Drevoraz to the wrong spot, and he ain't a man to adjust orders just because things don't turn out the way he expected. I ordered him to get to the Vanderboren mansion, take down Vanthus, and cause havoc and he'll at least do two out 'a three. And just t' make matters worse, I told him to call in a favour with the local Bullywug tribe - they're be a horde of those critters there including their big high priest Bua Gorg."

Kassius maybe recognises that name - that was the bullywug high priest that he waved to in the distance when he was flinching that holly disc from the bullywug shrine. He is a legend in the area: both for his spellcasting ability and his corrupted perversion. Bua Gorg had his throat pouch ripped open in a battle when he was a young toad and it became horribly infected, now only his sadistic devotion to the gods of corruption keeps him alive.

OOC: And that's why this module is called 'The Bullywug Gambit'.

"I don't know what we can do though. Drevoraz has several hours head start and the bullywugs have an alliance with the ixitxachitls - those manta rays have some sort of sneaky water magic that lets them and their friends move around quick. They're probably half way to Sasserine already..."
Kassius
 player, 424 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 8 Jul 2016
at 01:03
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"I'm not particularly interested in hearing you say sorry. I'm interested in hearing you talk about how you're going to make up for siccing havoc on an innocent woman, oh and the entire city of Sasserine. You're a captain, think you can pilot us back to the city fast enough to get there in time?"
Alohan Nuari
 player, 445 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Fri 8 Jul 2016
at 01:09
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
It was settled. They needed to make haste back to Sasserine or else their patron could meet an untimely demise. He had liked Lavinia -although his chances with her were ultimately going nowhere- and didn't want to see anything unfortunate happen to her. Hell, her problems with her brother were the only reason he had a purpose. Without this, he'd be left to face his own problems and Alohan sure as hell didn't want that.

After Kassius finished Alohan stepped forward to add his questions. "Would ya be coming back ta Sasserine? Ya be havin' any reason to keep ya distance?" he asked. He paused to consider the bite behind Kassius's words not entirely knowing if this Captain Javell was of importance (positive or negative.) "While ya look capable enough ta be left here in dis cave, I be dinkin' getting back to civilization might be in ya favor... Not like dis mess be going anywhere soon" he added, gesturing to the caverns and her apparent hideout.
Both the player and the character have no clue if Javell can be trusted or if she is worth having on the same team. Until convinced otherwise, Alohan's unbiased opinion is she come with us- if she wants to.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:10, Fri 08 July 2016.

Harliss Javell
 NPC, 10 posts
Fri 8 Jul 2016
at 15:27
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Kassius:
"I'm not particularly interested in hearing you say sorry. I'm interested in hearing you talk about how you're going to make up for siccing havoc on an innocent woman, oh and the entire city of Sasserine. You're a captain, think you can pilot us back to the city fast enough to get there in time?"


Harliss crosses her arms over her chest. "Her brother started this, so don't make out like yeh got the moral high ground or something, not that I would give a frak about that anyhow. Oh, and Harliss Javell be a captain, not a pilot yeh lilly levered land lubber..."

It seems that Kassius, it his usual brush manner, has failed to charm the beautiful pirate swashbuckler.

Alohan Nuari:
"Would ya be coming back ta Sasserine? Ya be havin' any reason to keep ya distance?" he asked.

"Captain Javell goes where she chooses, Bucko."

"While ya look capable enough ta be left here in dis cave, I be dinkin' getting back to civilization might be in ya favor... Not like dis mess be going anywhere soon"


The pirate sighs, shakes her head and looks around the cavern with the petrifying corpses. The awful sulphurous retch of the 'Savage Tide' has faded somewhat, but who knows how many infected animals are out in the jungle? And where would she go? There were no ports nearby.

"I be thinking you got a point there bucko? A trade then, you give me a ride back to Sasserine and then I'll sort out this mess with my first mate. How did you get her anyways? Yeh can't have sailed into the harbour, only the Crimson Fleet knows the way through those shoals."

Alohan Nuari:
Hell, her problems with her brother were the only reason he had a purpose. Without this, he'd be left to face his own problems and Alohan sure as hell didn't want that.


OOC: Yeah, the link though this early part of the AP feel a little weak if you ask me. But I guess Lavinia is your patron, and you have to do as she says (and pays).

I have guests so I won't be able to post for two days and I have a MASSIVE expositional post coming up where I have to introduce a new party member, so it will take me a while to put that together. Therefore, things are going to be quiet for a couple of days.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1889 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 10 Jul 2016
at 16:02
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The party explain to Harliss that Lavinia's vessel, The Blue Nixie, is moored a couple of hours up the coast and that they entered Kraken's Cove by walking through the jungle then coming down the cliffs. The pirate captains scoffs. "If you'd tried that on any normal day you'd have been cut to ribbons by the lookouts. You lot were lucky that we were otherwise engaged..." It is agreed that Harliss will accompany them back through the jungle to The Blue Nixie and then join them on the trip to Sasserine. The party therefore follow her out through the remains of the pirate base in Kraken's Cove, with a brief stop to pick up the remains of Logan.

When they get back out onto the beach the see two things. First of all, the fire has all but disappeared with only a few spluttering flames remaining on the impressive amount of wreckage that the waxing tide has pushed up on the beach. The bay seems very dark without the light of the fires.

Secondly, one of the ships has survived the blaze. A three masted caravel lies beached on the sandy shoreline, pretty much straight outside the cave entrance. Its sleek lines still obviously despite it wallowing in the shallows. It still flies the flag of the Crimson Fleet pirates - a skull and cross bones on a field of pure crimson - 'no quarter asked for or given'.



"Well by the dark shapes of the depths. If there was one ship that would manage to survive, I guess it makes sense that it would be The Sea Wyvern. That is Kilgante's own ship and she is a legend in these waters. There's no ship faster in the Sea of Dread." The name also makes sense. The figurehead on the brow of the vessel is a carved wyvern swooping in to pounce on its prey. Celene realises that this is the ship that tried to 'kill' her earlier during her swim to shore.


OOC: Say hello to your new party member - The Sea Wyvern.

"Look at this mess!"
exclaims Harliss. "Almost a dozen Crimson Fleet laid waste by that villain Vanthus Vanderboren. You will pay you cowering cur, I swear it!"

The fact that a ship remains in Kraken's Cove changes the calculations considerably. Rather than walking back to the Blue Nixie, they may as well sail back. Admittedly the party plus Harliss only make up the bare minimum number of crewmembers needed, and getting out through the reefs to the open sea is a difficult route. But Captail Javell says she counts as at least two men, Alohan also has a good amount of sailing experience and Urol is a damn good navigator who has piloted vessels through the route many times before. So it seems like braving the shoals is a better idea than heading back out into a jungle filled with Savage Fever infected animals. And they can swing by the Blue Nixie and 'borrow' a few crew members from that vessel.

Harliss does through a small spanner into the works. She announces that the tide is two low to make it through the harbour mouth and that they'll need to wait a few hours for the water to rise. The silver lining on this is that the party gets a chance to partake in its favourite activity - looting finding valuables that would otherwise go to waste. Harliss Javell even helps them empty the cave complex - as long as she gets an equal share when they all get back to civilization.

Interrupted only by a small skirmish in the kitchens (three more savage pirates meet their end there), the party ransacks the dungeon and makes off with the entire contents, in addition to the items they had already found they also manage to get the three chests in the trophy room open - they use the key on Kigante's belt. The contents are a little disappointing: a very big sack of coins in the first that turns out to contain mostly silver pieces (1000 gp) and a small bag of semi-precious stones in the second (500 gp). The third contains a jumbled mess of small daggers, some of them actually worth a bit (1,500 gp total).

Kigante's quarters reveals some... interesting discoveries. In addition to a ring of swimming that the party didn't find on his body the first time around, forcing open his locked cupboard reveals a large collection of ladies dresses. "Err... No doubt for guests," says Harliss defensively.

The party also find a large perfume collection in his room with scents from all over the world; Alfheim, Alphatia, Glantri, Sind. These are worth a lot of money (1,000 gp in total). Additionally there is one vial from Ylaruam. This magical scent gives a +10 competence bonus on diplomacy checks for one hour after use.

"Yes, definitely for guests," mutters the pirate captain.

All added to the loot thread.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:03, Sun 10 July 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1896 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 18:42
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
So I will pause here and check - does anyone want to ask any questions or do anything on the ride back to Sasserine?
Alohan Nuari
 player, 449 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Mon 11 Jul 2016
at 23:56
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
The Nuari way of life didn't have concepts such as material possessions and personal wealth. His people existed cooperatively, together, striving to overcome life's challenges on relatively unforgiving isles. His family was rich, but in a unique sense of the word. They commanded the entire islands and thus, any Nuari resources (both natural and man-made) were at their disposal. Never before had his people 'wanted' what others had. Never did they 'lust' after their neighbor's property. It wasn't the Nuari way.

Yet nothing existed in isolation for long. Foreign influence and foreign ideas were changing his people's way of life with alarming quickness. Moanalepo (or Seagrit to others) -where his father currently resided- is a hub of commerce. Foreign merchants exchanging goods with the Pearl Islanders and an alarming number of his people leaving the islands for the high seas. Even some of his people were succumbing to the greed of material wealth, finding themselves lusting after more and more personal property. If it wasn't addressed, the Pearl Islands might be in for a volatile future.

It must be hard for his people. Alohan recalled the culture shock he experienced upon arriving in Sasserine, discovering for the first time the concept of currency. He didn't fully understand it and Alohan could identify the problems it had created. At the same time, Alohan was intelligent enough to grasp the benefits of currency. It was something that brought a people together -created an identity- and at least in Sasserine, currency was power. Ironic as it was that while he didn't particularly care about coin and wealth he and his companions were quite rich in currency... in the traditional sense of the world.

Despite all his misgivings about material possessions, Alohan WANTED the Sea Wyvren... or at least, a boat like it. As he prepared to embark with his skeleton crew of companions Alohan felt at peace in the riggings. He remembered feeling at ease on The Blue Nixie but the Sea Wyvren was something entirely different. Something more.

He catapulted down from the main mast yard, landing on the deck with a thud (that ring of jumping is great!) Noticing Kassius and his fierce feline prepping the boat for sailing, the Islander approached his friend with a smile. "Dis be great boat! I be loving it!" he yelped with a smile. "What ya be dinkin? Shall we be sailin' de high seas? Trading goods and seeing exotic wome... places?! Maybe ye be coming back to de Isles wit me? Show ya how we Nuari have a good time?" He asked, crouching to give Kibeti a rough pet. He hesitated when the cat met his eye and -what Alohan thought- gave a shake of the head.
Angati
 PC, 610 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 08:07
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati sat down on what looked like a solid bar to her... she was nervous, this was the ship she had seen on her dreams and she was not happy about it. This ship would end up taking her to her death on a sea of sargasso...

She took hold of one of the pegs that held the ropes tight, and asked Harliss "So... I suppose first thing we need to do is get to Lavinia... try to protect her, but I wonder if someone could get a disease remedy, I fear it may be too late for us if we wait much longer".
Urol Forol
 PC, 22 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 17:29
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Urol relaxed on the side of the Sea Wyvern, smoking a little more of his loco weed as he examined Angati with a critical eye.  "You're serious, then?  You don't feel as though you were helped at all by this?"  He tapped his hand-rolled cigarette, and took another deep breath, exhaling after a few seconds, and finally shaking his head.  He digs around in his pouch, and procures a vial of purple liquid.  "I don't think this would cure you, but it's a potion of Lesser Restoration.  If worst comes to worst, it might help to stave off some of the worst effects until we can find a healer in Sasserine."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1899 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 19:23
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Angati:
Angati sat down on what looked like a solid bar to her... she was nervous, this was the ship she had seen on her dreams and she was not happy about it. This ship would end up taking her to her death on a sea of sargasso...


Yes! This is exactly that boat.

Urol Forol:
...he digs around in his pouch, and procures a vial of purple liquid.  "I don't think this would cure you, but it's a potion of Lesser Restoration.  If worst comes to worst, it might help to stave off some of the worst effects until we can find a healer in Sasserine."


Yes, it will cure 1d4 points of temporary ability point damage (pls roll for this yourself Beni). Since Urol gets two of these (he gets to rest on the way back to Sasserine) maybe the second one could be given to the NPC pirate who has suffered many more lost points than Angati?

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:23, Wed 13 July 2016.

Urol Forol
 PC, 22 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 19:41
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Dungeon Master:
Yes, it will cure 1d4 points of temporary ability point damage (pls roll for this yourself Beni). Since Urol gets two of these (he gets to rest on the way back to Sasserine) maybe the second one could be given to the NPC pirate who has suffered many more lost points than Angati?

As a point of clarification, Urol actually does have two potions of lesser restoration, but this is a non-renewable resource.  It's a potion he's carrying, but it's not an infusion.  Lesser restoration is on his formula list, but he doesn't know it.

This message was last updated by the player at 19:41, Wed 13 July 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 1900 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 19:40
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
In reply to Logan (msg # 389):

Oh, well in that case please hand them out as you wish.

Urol Forol
 PC, 23 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 19:43
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Dungeon Master:
In reply to Logan (msg # 389):

Oh, well in that case please hand them out as you wish.

Urol's offer stands; he's willing to give one to Angati.  He's not aware of the pirate's current troubles with the disease, though were made aware of another dire reason to his his other potion, he'd likely accede there.  He's not good-aligned, but he's got ties to these pirates.
Harliss Javell
 NPC, 11 posts
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 19:51
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
"Bucko!" bellows the dark haired pirate captain. "First of this is a ship, not a boat. And you'll got a lot to learn if ya think ya are capable of taking it anywhere. Now keep you eyes peeled and let's get this baby through the reefs and out to the open water."

Harliss takes charge and the next hour is spend in the perilous series of manoeuvres required to pass through the shoals that guard the secret of Kraken Cover, with Captain Javell's swearing increasing in intensity and fluency as she becomes more and more exasperated with the party's amateur efforts to sail the ship. The fact that they are doing it only by moonlight makes it even more difficult for the inexperienced crew. So by the end of the passage, when Urol yells out the all clear, all of the 'crewmembers' are sweating heavily and happy to not be grounded on the dangerous rocks.

"That's it you miserable bunch of land crabs! Take up the main sails, let's go north and find this other ship of yours!"


The Blue Nixie is just where they left it, moored about 50 yards off the beach. Captain Rodrigo is obviously startled by the sight of a dark ship bearing down on him in the night - fortunately Alohan had enough foresight to pull down the Crimson Fleet's skull and crossbones otherwise he would have ordered his men to open fire. All is explained and eight able bodied and experienced crewmembers are transferred to help get the Sea Wyvern back to Sasserine.

Captain Rodrigo also reveals that he has seen two other vessels sailing close by that night. The first left Kraken's Cove just after the party set out on their jungle adventure and headed northwest - no doubt this was Vanthus making his escape. The second was a large dhow with purple sails - this ship sailed towards Kraken's Cove from the west, i.e. from the direction of Sasserine, but when it got close enough to see the flames from the inferno in the bay it turned and headed back the way it had come.

Captain Javell grunts. "That was no doubt the buyer from Sasserine, the one who was going to pick up that accursed Black Pearl. I was told that it would be picked up with a ship with purple sails." She pauses and wipes the sweat from her brown. "All hail the Prince of Savage Tides! Oh, what was I saying? Apparently they were a representative from of your noble families - the House of Porphyria."

Every schoolchild in Sasserine knows that there are 13 noble families in Sasserine who make up the inner ring of the Council of Dawn, the group that rules the city. There are two noble houses in each of the six main districts and then one semi-noble house from Shadowshore. Heck, even Alohan could probably name most of the noble houses since he has come into contact with many of them.

House Lidu are the major house in the Noble district, they are led by Worrin Lidu who is apparently Angati's nephew. House Meravanchi is grudgingly the second family in this district, with dreams of being much more. Alohan has punched the youngest son of that family in the face (Avner Meravanchi was causing some problems for Angati in the 'Mermaid's Secret'.

Alohan knows both of the houses in the Azure district as well. The role of major house is currently executed by the brand new noble family of Cadogan, the youngest son of that house is sailing on this very ship - young master Kassius! The minor house in Azure is led by Heldrath Kellani, Alohan knew her daughter...

The Vanderborens are the minor house in the merchant district, the Toregsons are the minor house in the Champion district, and so on...

One thing is for sure -  THERE IS NO NOBLE HOUSE OF PORPHYRIA! And before you ask, no, none of the noble houses are associated with the colour purple or even have any purple on their coat of arms.

As the party ponders this mystery, they make good time to the west and Sasserine. As the professional sailors have taken over they are able to get some well deserved rest and prepare themselves for the challenge ahead: Get to Vanderboren manner and stop this lunatic first mate Drevoraz from unjustly punishing Lavinia for Vanthus' crimes.

See you in the next thread - Carnevale!
Kassius
 player, 428 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 01:10
Re: 2B - TBG - Part Two: Kraken's Cove
Alohan Nuari:
He catapulted down from the main mast yard, landing on the deck with a thud (that ring of jumping is great!) Noticing Kassius and his fierce feline prepping the boat for sailing, the Islander approached his friend with a smile. "Dis be great boat! I be loving it!" he yelped with a smile. "What ya be dinkin? Shall we be sailin' de high seas? Trading goods and seeing exotic wome... places?! Maybe ye be coming back to de Isles wit me? Show ya how we Nuari have a good time?" He asked, crouching to give Kibeti a rough pet. He hesitated when the cat met his eye and -what Alohan thought- gave a shake of the head.


"I prefer solid land under my feet over sailing. Can't very well aim at anything when you go sloshing from side to side every few seconds." Kassius says, his face grim.
"I'm pretty sure I know how you Nuari have a good time, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to see you while you're having you're "Good Time". Twas bad enough listening to you and Penny!"
Kassius says with a good natured chuckle, trying to indicate his lack of hard feelings over the issue.