2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: archive 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2104 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 15 Oct 2016
at 19:18
2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: This thread takes places two nights after the assault on Vanderboren manner.

Angati takes the day after the drinking session to recover and relax in her secret lair beneath the city. Now that Lavinia has increase her monthly stipend, the oracle has many dreams on how to change the dingy Dragon Lotus lair into a more comfortable place to live.

The day after that she feels ready to face the city again and decides to go visit her sister in the Lidu ancestral home, hoping that the busy Zelina can at least spare enough time to have lunch with her. Angati turns up at the mannerhouse at about noon.


Lidu Manor

The doors to the great home sit ajar. This is unusual. Especially considering that extra security precautions her father had recently implemented.
Angati
 PC, 668 posts
 Oracle 4
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 09:29
2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati had just made the purchase of a special gauntlet adorned a rose whose petals were designed and etched in leather so that her fingers made for their tips when her fist was closed. The thorns of the rose followed the wrist  and were magnified to actually serve as a Cestus. It was a magical weapon, that had been done for a certain gay type of a house that had the rose as its emblem, but it was much too feminine for his family to let him use it, and had actually returned the good much to the despair of the crafter, that had payed for the enchantment, and done all the crafting.

She had seen it while passing on her way to her sister's place and it had been something akin to love at first sight, she payed full price for the thing, which was pretty stupid considering the guy was eager to get rid of it, but... she just loved the thing.

She was just watching how good the cestus looked on her right hand when she saw the open doors...  OMI sitting on her shoulder, as if reading Angati's instructions immediately descended and started walking on the walls and towards the healing, ahead of Angati as she readied herself casting "Divine Favour" on herself as she gave time to Omi to explore ahead.

OOC: I think its 2000gp for a +1 weapon, let me know. I hope you don't mind the extra descriptions and flourish.
Considering Angati's haunted nature, a weapon that can't be disarmed and dropped and also does not need quick wielding, more than pays the price of the reduced damage.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2113 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 18:59
2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
The tiny arachnid slips through the crack between the open front doors and enters dark corridor beyond, while Angati slips on her gauntlets. Omi doesn't not sense any immediate danger and the oracle therefore creaks open the door and enters herself.

The front entree is a mess of broken glass and shattered stone. Angati sees in horror that two of her father's guards lie on the ground amidst the rubble of what was the display case and pillar of the Lidu family crest - the silver falcon.



The silver falcon itself is gone.

By the amount of blood pooled on the floor and the fact that they are motionless, Angati judges that the two men are dead. Two open archways lead on from here - the left to her father's study, the right in the general direction to Zelinda' office.
Angati
 PC, 670 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 19 Oct 2016
at 12:31
2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati started moving towards her sister's office. She would check on her father later, but her priorities were clear on that side of the matter. Moving with care, but knowing that with all her armour she would probably be heard if she wanted to move stealthily, she  shouted alarmed "Zelinda !!! where are you ???"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2116 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 19 Oct 2016
at 18:50
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
Moving with care, but knowing that with all her armour she would probably be heard if she wanted to move stealthily...


OOC: Nice try bud, but you don't have your armor on. :D

There is no answer to Angati's cry as she moves towards her sister's study. She enters the room and sees that it is in total disarray - the entire contents of the desk have been swept to the floor to lie in a jumble of parchments, writing quills and black ink. On the far side of the desk Angati can see motionless legs sticking out and her breath catches in her throat as she moves forward, Omni close by her.

"Oh no, oh no, no, no, Angati," wails Anansi. "She is gone! Big sister is gone!" screams the spirit.

But as the oracle clears the end of the desk she sees that it is not her sister that lies there. It is her father lying motionless on the ground, a huge, red bleeding bruise on his forehead. He is still breathing, but unconscious.
Angati
 PC, 673 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 12:27
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati hurried over to his father, and sent out healing onto him, she tried to recover some water from a decanter, or failing that even some liquor, to try to wake her father up "Father !!! father wake up !!!  where is Zelinda ?!!! what has happened ??"

OOC: Cast Cure Light Wounds
Worrin Lidu
 NPC, 5 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 14:16
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
The spell brings Worrin Lidu back to consciousness and the dram of liquor that she she offers him returns a little colour to his cheeks. She props her face up against a side of the desk so he can talk.

"Angati? Angati? Is that really you?" asks Worrin in wonder as he gazes at his youngest daughter. Angati realizes that he hasn't seen her since she was awarded the 'Spire of Sasserine' and since then she has lost 20 more years of age.

"Yes, it is you. Damn it Angati. They have taken her! I heard a noise and came out of my office to find the guards dead and the silver falcon gone. I rushed into here and saw Zelina being pulled out of the skylight." He gestures up to the top of the room when one of the glass skylights still stands open.

"There was something sitting at her desk... Some sort of creature that was halfway between looking like her and a gray, melted face like soft butter. I must of startled it because it turned to run. I went after it but someone else hit me from behind and knocked me out."

"Angati. We must get her back!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2122 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 14:16
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Actually Ron, it is this thread that is the real CSI: Sasserine.
Angati
 PC, 674 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 21 Oct 2016
at 07:53
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati didn't bother confirming it was her or letting him know any more than he could see with his eyes now... some injuries were never completely healed, and she could hardly forgive the way he had treated her and her curse, so he left him in the dark.

"We will father, we will" said Angati after a while, meaning Anansi and herself but knowing full well that her father would be thinking she talked about him.

Omg meanwhile had descended and allowed himself a feast on the blood from the guards, Angati almost felt the pleasure that Omi experienced as he eat... funnily enough it did not bother her, and she was recomfoxrted to think that at least Omi was profiting in some way. Meanwhile, her sister floated up and shouted for her to follow through the skylight... as if she could.

"Hmmm... do you know anything else about the kidnappers ? did they say anything ? or do you have a clue as to who could most profit from this now ? any place you'd recommend to start ?.... also... I am loathe to ask but... do you still trust that detective, Victor San-Demain ? he might be helpful if he smells a gain in this..."
Worrin Lidu
 NPC, 6 posts
Fri 21 Oct 2016
at 18:55
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
Omi meanwhile had descended and allowed himself a feast on the blood from the guards, Angati almost felt the pleasure that Omi experienced as he eat... funnily enough it did not bother her, and she was recomfoxrted to think that at least Omi was profiting in some way. Meanwhile, her sister floated up and shouted for her to follow through the skylight... as if she could.


OOC: What the heck? Macabre!

As her familar is in the process of scooping up the blood, two men burst into the room - Angati recognises them as two of the household guards in her father's employ. The situation is quickly organised as extra guards and the district watch are brought in. Also, Angati sends for her friends knowing that she will need their support.

Unfortunately Celene and Alohan can not be found (not because they are in the opera house - this thread is taking place a week after the other one) but Kassius and Logan are quick to respond.

OOC: Yay! Now you two are in the thread too!

With her father now sitting in a comfortable chair and with a glass of brandy in hand and ice on his bruise, Angati beings her questioning.

Angati:
"Hmmm... do you know anything else about the kidnappers ?


"As I said, I didn't even see them, just Zelina's feet as she was being lifted out of the skylight by someone. I didn't get the slightest glimpse of who gave me this bruise."

Angati:
"...did they say anything?...


He shakes his head. "Never saw them. Never heard them say anything."

Angati:
"...or do you have a clue as to who could most profit from this now ?


"The Lidu family has its fair share of enemies," he says. "So there is no shortage of people who would want to cause us harm. But to break into our house and kidnap Zelina?" He shakes his head again. "Very few would 'profit' from it. But I can tell one thing. A half dozen of the most dangerous criminals escaped from Castle Teraknian last night - the very ones that Victor San-domain has spent the last couple of months putting behind bars. They should be on any list of suspects."

Angati:
"any place you'd recommend to start ?....


He shrugs. "Maybe we should just sit back and wait for the ransom demand. I will pay whatever it takes to get my daughter and heir back. But you could search the house for clues of course."

Angati:
"also... I am loathe to ask but... do you still trust that detective, Victor San-Demain ? he might be helpful if he smells a gain in this..."


Worrin sighs. "Victor would normally be the first man I would go to with a problem like this - he did find the silver falcon last time it was stolen, remember? But we have had a falling, Victor Saint-Demain and I." Worrin Lidu sees that Angati is waiting for him to explain so he goes on.

"It is silly. At the last council meeting Victor boasted that he was going to capture the five most wanted criminals in the city and then said that if he did that, we should appoint him to the Dawn Council. I agree... jokingly of course, I mean, seats on the council are only open to the head of each noble family and the heads of the two temples. But when Victor actually managed to achieve it, he demanded that I carry out my 'promise'. Ridiculous! Even if I wanted to do it, I don't have the authority. Victor stormed off in a huff and is no longer talking to me."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2125 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 21 Oct 2016
at 19:09
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Have a look in thread 1G for some background on the potential bad guys.
Angati
 PC, 676 posts
 Oracle 4
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 20:06
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Hmmmm... there was a gargoyle right ? Srimshaw the Ivory Gargoyle if my memory serves me right... so it was probably that one the one that took Zelinda.... also.. there was that Vrinn...the changeling cyclops that fits in that description you gave of grey and melted face ?:..  hmmm how long ago was that last council where Viktor got frustrated ?" asked Angati as Omi came back to her and climbed back onto her shoulder.
Worrin Lidu
 NPC, 7 posts
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 12:18
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Srimshaw? Perhaps, that would explain how Zelina was taken out the skylight..." mutters Worrin. "But why? Where is the profit in it for him? And the changeling as well? What is the meaning of it all?"

"The incident with Victor took place about a week ago, a couple of days before all of the prisoners escaped Teraknian Castle. But surely you don't think there is a connection? Victor is a highly respected member of our community."


OOC: I'm no expert, but isn't it common practice to search for clues at a crime scene?
Angati
 PC, 678 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 13:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: I am waiting for the other two to chime in... I don't want to monopolise everything here.
Logan
 player, 621 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 20:50
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan was surprised by the appearance of the Lidu family guard summoning him - at first, his old instincts almost kicked in, and the rogue was prepared to fight.  But his rapid change in circumstances gave the rogue pause enough for the guards to explain themselves, and Logan found himself - with a look of wry amusement of his face - led to the scene of a crime he didn't commit.

Logan suppressed the urge to whistle at the stately manor.  Although he the Vanderboren Estate might have been larger, Angati's family still had impressive access to wealth.  Logan once again pushed down the fleeting impulse to grab what he could and flee into the night.  Even if this has killed me TWICE, mother and I are still better off.

Listening to Worrin give his recap, Logan's eyes scanned the room, and searched the entryway, looking for clues.

"You know, I have to say, this is an interesting experience for me.  I've been called on more than a few times because the authorities in Shadowshore (such as they are) were convinced that I'd done something, and tried to sweat it out of...  The rogue trails off, shaking his head.  "Anyway, that's not important.  What's important here is finding her sister.  And I guess the Falcon-statue thing.  Is it valuable?  Or just embarrassing to have missing?  If it's merely the latter, it certainly points to a personal motive in this crime.  It can't be just coincidence that Victor has a disagreement with you right before all those hooligans he rounded up escape from Teraknian Castle.  Maybe he wants to hurt your family the same way he feels you wronged him."

"But first things first, let's see what I can find that might tell us about the perpetrators..."

16:46, Today: Logan rolled 22 using 1d20+12.  Perception.
Kassius
 player, 477 posts
 Hunter 4
Tue 25 Oct 2016
at 00:42
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
sorry, I posted yesterday, but the internet swallowed my post apparently!

Kassius arrives at a jog in the middle of the investigation, Kibeti as always by his side. He quickly takes in the disarray and damage.

"What happened? How can we help?" He asks with characteristic bluntness.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2135 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 25 Oct 2016
at 05:54
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan:
"But first things first, let's see what I can find that might tell us about the perpetrators..."
16:46, Today: Logan rolled 22 using 1d20+12.  Perception.


OOC: No roll needed. Free form...

Logan conducts an examination of the crime scene, using his experience of committing crimes to great effect. He immediately finds a note left on the pedestal where the silver falcon had stood.

"I will take this little nik-nak to a silversmith to get it melted down and made into something nice for myself. Then the last scion of the House of Lidu will die with the chimes of midnight."

Logan also finds some unusual white stone splinters around the area where the falcon was and in Zelina's office. They are strange, not like pieces of chipped stone but more like bits of stone bark.
Angati
 PC, 679 posts
 Oracle 4
Tue 25 Oct 2016
at 07:36
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati's face went pale as she read the note, she passed it on to his father, asking him to read it for himself, but the note went flying before his father could take it... Anansi had never learned to read and if she read this now, she would go into fits, but that did not mean that she didn't want to look at the note, and while she could not hold it, she pulled it off Angati's fingers just as she was going to give it to her father.

"Anansi... please... dear... we need to help our sister fast... please" the note stayed on the floor for a while, which gave Angati the time to give it her father...  As his father's face changed she said "We need to act quick... I will need all the resources you can provide. Communications, carts, horses, contacts with the guards... only those you can trust... I will let you know. For now, send someone see if he can find Victor at his home, not to interact with him... just to see. Also...  do you have contacts in the Thiefs ? If you don't maybe with a little money Logan here can move a search... we want to know if anyone has seen Victor, or if there is anything going on in the city that anyone has heard of".

"Hey Kassius, take a look at these fragments that Logan has found... I know nothing of these things... maybe you can tell us where they are from ?".
Kassius
 player, 478 posts
 Hunter 4
Tue 25 Oct 2016
at 12:20
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius ignores Angati's comment at first, because he had been sniffing around the crime scene. Literally sniffing around, as his nose had become magically elongated and wolfine at some point. Cast Bloodhound, gain scent for 5 hours. Trying to find a trail, or at least identifying hints

"Huh, fragments. Maybe from some stone creature? Wasn't there something about a gargoyle?" Kassius asks, as he walks over to take a closer look.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2138 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 25 Oct 2016
at 18:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
"We need to act quick... I will need all the resources you can provide. Communications, carts, horses, contacts with the guards... only those you can trust... I will let you know. For now, send someone see if he can find Victor at his home, not to interact with him... just to see. Also...  do you have contacts in the Thiefs ? If you don't maybe with a little money Logan here can move a search... we want to know if anyone has seen Victor, or if there is anything going on in the city that anyone has heard of".


The house becomes the centre of a maelstrom of activity as Angati's orders are followed... or at least attempted to be followed. The sun is dropping below the horizon and tonight is 'wildnight', the last night of carnevalé when masters serve the servants, gondoliers recline while customers punt, everyone gets massively drunk and crazy revellers roam the streets unchecked.

Still, her father's resources are considerable and a squad of armed men are sent to spy out Victor's home. Two more squads stand ready in the house.

OOC: You say that they should check if they can find Victor in his home but they should not interact with him. How can they do both of those? Do you want them to knock on the door, or just spy from a distance?

Carts and horses are readied at the front door, ready to be put to use at a moments notice.

The district watch is contacted and a squad of men are sent over to help secure the house.

Contacting the underworld of the thieves is a little more difficult. Since the party destroyed the Lotus Dragons about a month ago, a dozen small thieves' guilds have sprung up and begun fighting for power. Still, the word is put out on the street that the whereabouts of Victor Saint-Demain are wanted and that a sizeable reward is being offered.

Kassius:
"Huh, fragments. Maybe from some stone creature? Wasn't there something about a gargoyle?" Kassius asks, as he walks over to take a closer look.


Kassius, having learnt that it was hopeless to expect Kibeti to do any tracking, has instead concentrated on building the skill in himself. He picks up the scent, or rather scents, easily enough. The odours of cigar smoke, wet fur, expensive musk, skin rash and dandruff all reach his enhanced nostrils. He guesses that at least five people were involved in this heist.

As for the white stone fragments? Yes, they definitely look like stone skin as evidenced by the finger prints on some of them. Looks like that 'Srimshaw the Ivory Gargoyle' was one of the culprits.
Kassius
 player, 479 posts
 Hunter 4
Tue 25 Oct 2016
at 23:44
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius passes on the information bought with his enhanced senses. "At least five people, one of whom is a gargoyle. Sounds like it was those scum that broke out. But why here, and most important, where'd they go? The gargoyle can fly, but I'd think the others would need to have walked out."
Kassius says, muttering to himself. He continues sniffing around, looking for a trail.

"You might want to have some of those guards ask around on the streets. Those fellows would be pretty recognizable, even during the carnevale. Actually, now that I think of it, I wonder if those fellows are trying to use the carnevale as cover, pretend they're just circus freaks or something." Kassius ponders, on a roll now. "And that note mentioned the last chimes at midnight. That means they're holding her somewhere near a clock. Maybe a church bell tower? Any place that meets that description, near here or the festivities?"
Angati
 PC, 680 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 26 Oct 2016
at 14:39
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: If someone knocks he has to be passing as someone just partying or something... just to see if there is someone, but not tied to the Lidu house.

"Ok, other than this, I think it is worth it to ask around... have people move around asking if they have seen a Gargoyle or something flying...  surely that is the kind of thing that people notice and talk about, and now even more so as there is plenty of people in the streets... of course half of them drunk... but I think we should try to have some people try to track the way they parted just by asking around if they have seen any such thing".
Worrin Lidu
 NPC, 8 posts
Wed 26 Oct 2016
at 18:31
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
A couple of men are sent to Victor's house in the Cudgel District, dressed in civilian clothes and with strict instructions to act like drunken fools if the super sleuth does actually answer his door.

Worrin Lidu screws his face up in anger at Kassius' line of thought [1].  "Blazes man! My daughter is taken and you are rabbiting on about bell-towers! There are hundreds of them in Sassarine. And thousands of revellers dressed up in all manner of costumes. We need to find her, not waste time wondering around talking to the riff-raff."

[1] Just because he is an asshole, not because Kassius doesn't have some good ideas.

Kassius works hard to tracks the scents from the scene of the crime. Good news: these are distinctive and pungent scents. Bad news: as Kassius knows from experience, tracking by scent across a bustling city is difficult.

He hones in on the musk scent in particular and manages to follow it out of the house, down the street, across the High Market and... to the gondola docks at the end of the Noble District. Then it just disappears. The docks are a chaotic riot of revellers and punters - in seems like it is already mostly the customers pushing the gondolas around. They ask around but no-one seems to have seen anything. The sun has now gone down...

...five hours until midnight.

Meanwhile, Angati notices that the men she sent to visit Victor's house have not returned nor sent a message. There's been more than enough time for them to complete their mission and then get back.
Kassius
 player, 480 posts
 Hunter 4
Sun 30 Oct 2016
at 18:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius ignores the obviously distraught Worrin, focusing on the task ahead.

The trail ends at the docks, which most likely means the foes escaped by boat. Fortunately, Kassius has an in with the new dock-keeper, and heads straight there. Perhaps someone saw something; the foes he is tracking are certainly distinctive looking. If nothing else, there should be a list of which gondolas are usually kept here. Kassius is particular interested to see if Victor owns a gondola, and if so, if it is still docked.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2149 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 07:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius quickly runs down to the Azure district where the new harbormaster (his maternal grandfather) lives and uses his connections to find out if Victor owns a gondola... he does, and quite a large distinctive one. He also owns a mooring in the Cudgel district where he lives.

The next question is of course 'has anyone seen it'.

Okay, I'm going to have to cheat a bit here and roll a dice...

08:18, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 4 using 1d6.  Has anyone seen Victor's gondola? (1-3 = yes).

The gondola is not moored anywhere in the Noble district or Azure district. Also, no-one in those two places has seen it today, although with thousands of gondola's moving around that is not so surprising.

OOC: Are you guys not fans of police procedurals/detective as D&D modules? I don't blame you. They don’t work very well in fantasy games, primarily because it is difficult for you as players to understand what the constraints are and what is possible. You are dropped in the middle of an alien world and then expected to come up with ideas to solve the case, but innovation is only possible when you have knowledge of what is around you. Could you search every bell-tower in the city, focusing on abandoned ones? Perfectly reasonable idea but he DM says ‘no’… there are too many. But how are you meant to know that? It’s not written in the description of the city, the DM just decided that because it didn’t jive with his perception of the city.

So what I am saying is that if you want a selection of multiple choice answers that the module gives for possible actions then just let me know. I think that is fair enough.
Angati
 PC, 681 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 07:49
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Damn... those men have not come back...  does Victor's house have a tower or is there any tower nearby ? I think it may be worth going there to investigate ourselves... someone should get Celene and Alohan too, I think we are going to need all the help we can get".

OOC: In the direction we know they took, what would be the nearest towers ? is Victor's house in the direction we know they took ?.

quote:
OOC: Are you guys not fans of police procedurals/detective as D&D modules? I don't blame you. They don’t work very well in fantasy games, primarily because it is difficult for you as players to understand what the constraints are and what is possible. You are dropped in the middle of an alien world and then expected to come up with ideas to solve the case, but innovation is only possible when you have knowledge of what is around you. Could you search every bell-tower in the city, focusing on abandoned ones? Perfectly reasonable idea but he DM says ‘no’… there are too many. But how are you meant to know that? It’s not written in the description of the city, the DM just decided that because it didn’t jive with his perception of the city.


I wholeheartedly agree with this... SO MANY DMs do not grasp this simple fact. Ideas come from correlations, and you cannot correlate to anything when there is nothing in your head, and what was in the head of the guy writing the story is different from whats in the DMs and from the way each player pictures the setting.

Anyway, I'd say, if you see we stray too much just gently guide us, or if you see that may not work, just go ahead and we go with the multiple choice test, it's ages since I did my last one.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2152 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 18:04
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
"Damn... those men have not come back...  does Victor's house have a tower or is there any tower nearby ? I think it may be worth going there to investigate ourselves... someone should get Celene and Alohan too, I think we are going to need all the help we can get".

OOC: In the direction we know they took, what would be the nearest towers ? is Victor's house in the direction we know they took ?.


OOC: Celene and Alohan are still un-contactable - looks like you'll have to do the first part of this adventure yourself.

All you know is that the scent trail lead down to the docks / gondola station of the Noble district. That means they didn't simply walk to the Azure district, but it doesn't give you all a direction as such.


Okay, multiple choice time:

A) Go investigate Victor's house which the squad never reported back from.
B) Start investigating silversmiths in the city since the perpetrator said that they were going to use one to melt down the silver falcon.
C) I did drop a hint about Victor having interests elsewhere in the city other than his house - but the hint was dropped 1½ years ago so I can understand if you may have forgotten it :D You could read back through hundreds of posts and try and find it of course :D

Celene
 player, 1056 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 18:42
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Better yet. Control F for the win. He has his own table at the Mermaid's Secret. Sorry to intrude.

Mermaid's Secret:
"But we can make your normal table available Mister Saint-Demain," said the bouncer helpfully. "There is no need to leave early, just stay till closing like you normally do!"

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2153 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 19:34
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Celene (msg # 28):

:D :D

Isn't ctrl F cheating?

Celene
 player, 1057 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 19:37
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Not when you have hundreds of posts to go through.
Kassius
 player, 481 posts
 Hunter 4
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 22:50
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
That was from before I even took over Kassius!
I would never have remembered it, so I decided to roll a wisdom check for Kassius to. Figured 10 or above remembers something about an inn, but not which one, and 15 remembers the full quote.
18:46, Today: Kassius rolled 10 using 1d20+3.  wisdom check/memory.
Ok then.


Kassius returns to the manor, and confers with Angati and Logan. "The trail ended at the water, and nobody remembered seeing Victor's gondola. Any luck here? Shouldn't those men you sent to check that he's at home have returned by now?"

Kassius finishes worriedly. "And say, wasn't there something about Victor having a private table reserved at some inn. I have this vague memory, but don't remember the details. Either of you remember more?"
Logan
 player, 623 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Tue 1 Nov 2016
at 19:15
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan thinks about the situation before responding.  "Well, we have a number of leads and possible avenues, but we know the men disappeared while investing Victor's place tonight.  We might be able to find Victor somewhere else, and we might be able to track down a silversmith, but we know something strange is going on there.  I say let's make that our first focus."
Angati
 PC, 682 posts
 Oracle 4
Tue 1 Nov 2016
at 19:24
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: So... we can't send someone to investigate the silver foundries while we go check the other clues ?.
Angati
 PC, 683 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 08:03
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati asked her father "How many places are there in the city where they might have the work done with the falcon, do you know ?"

Anyway guys, what do you think ? The most direct route to confrontation is probably Victor's house. I doubt he is there, but we might get some information there. Problem is, it might take some fighting, and we probably want to keep maxed before the rescue.

As for the other two, the silver foundry, I think its worth touching.. but I don't know how many there may be, and in reality it might be a too feeble link. As for the information we have about his other hideout... I think it's the one we should try to tackle as a group.. it may have more information... although there is also risk of combat.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2156 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 18:01
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: FYI, Kassius used an hour to get to the harbourmaster's office, find out the boat info and get back, so there are now 4 hours to go until midnight.

Worrin doesn't know any specific silversmith who would be crazy enough to meltdown 'The Silver Falcon', as it is so clearly the Lidu family crest and famous all over the city. But he says that 'Silver Street' in the merchant district is the place to look. If it is going to be melted down and then made into something 'nice' then it needs to be done by a craftmans with some skill so that means it will have to be one of the proper silversmiths in that area.

Yes, you can send a squad to Silver Street to look around rather than going yourselves if you want. You can also send a second squad to Victor's if you think that would help.

@Kassius, okay, fair enough with rolling to see if you remember - but you can also just accept Celene's (the player's) help, I don't mind that it's player knowledge. But the real question is, is he right? Victor has mentioned more than one location... :D

Anyway, come on guys, just tell me if it is: A) Victor's house B) Silver Street C) The Mermaid's Secret

Kassius
 player, 482 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 20:01
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
I'm going to A, Victor's house first. If that proves unsuccesful, I'll have Kassius "remember" more details and check the Mermaid's secret.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2158 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 20:36
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Okay, that is good enough for me.

The party make their way from the Noble district docks over to the Cudgel district where Victor Saint-Demain's lodgings are. They dock at the wharf where Victor owns a berth. They see that the inquisitor's garish gondola is in fact in the docks - a positive sign indeed.



Cudgel District is even crazier than the noble district with crowds thronging in every street and the four of them, Angati, Logan, Kassius & Kibeti, often being forced to push their way through drunken groups. The presence of the great cat helps prevent this shoving from becoming a proper combat.

Victor's house on Hill Street is a strange affair. It is in one of the old water towers that the city discarded once the mage's guild got the water elemental system working. These towers were sold of to private owners who have set about using them in a variety of different ways. Victor has added a modest house to the bottom of his 30' water tower, and then hollowed out directly UNDER the bottom of the tower to allow entry to his front door. A sign on the oak door says 'VICTOR SAINT-DEMAIN - MASTER SLEUTH'.

Logan reckons that the tower might be climbable (DC20), although he is obviously going to attract some attention if he does that.

OOC: Another hour has been used. Three hours until midnight.

Angati
 PC, 684 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 08:47
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Ahhh so there is a tower here too..." she paused as a twisted grin appeared in her mouth "Ok, let us break the law !". She was not going to think even twice about doing anything illegal if that gave her more chances of finding her sister. She very much doubted that they would find Victor or her sister there... but probably a clue... hopefully a clue.

"Ok, let us try the nice way first... I cannot possibly climb that... and I am not sure it would be a good idea to split so that you guys go up... but if you want to try that, I'll go the main route trying to convince them to let me through".

She waited for their reply and if positive she would put the perfume of Ylaruam and the pin of Sasserin on herself and knock on the door.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2160 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 09:16
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
There is no answer to Angati's knocking.

The noise in the street makes it difficult to listen at the door, but Logan gives it his best shot - he doesn't hear anything.

Kassius uses his super nose at the gap between the bottom of the door and the door frame, and picks up the scent of the same expensive musk that he detected at the crime scene. And what's more, he smells fresh blood...
Angati
 PC, 685 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 09:19
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Logan... can you do something about getting us in without breaking down the door ?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2161 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 09:26
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
DC25 to open the lock, Logan.
Logan
 player, 624 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 15:03
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan smiles and pulls out his set of thieve's tools.  After fumbling with the lock for a few moments, though, the thief frowns and backs away.

"No good.  Victor must be too paranoid.  I can't get it open.  We'll have to try a noisy entrance, or go in some other way."

Logan peers up at the tower.  "The noise might actually help us here, both hiding our entrance from Victor or whoever's inside, and masking it from the street.  I say we knock in the door."

10:59, Today: Logan rolled 24 using 1d20+14.  Disable Device.
Angati
 PC, 686 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 15:38
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: I thought disable device was one of those that allowed for retries ?. Still Ill be happy to bring the door down with someone's help if that's what it takes :)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2163 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 20:06
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Yes, you can retry open locks as many times as you want.

But if Logan tries again I'm throwing in an encounter.
Kassius
 player, 483 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 23:06
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
While Logan fumbles with the lock, Kassius holds his hand up to the door, attempting to extend his vision past the obstruction. Using doorsight, see through if it's less than 9 inches thick.

"Logan, why don't you try again. It's at least a tad more subtle than bashing in the door in plain view of the street."

If only someone in the party could give Logan a +1 bonus so he could auto-succeed by taking 10. Maybe someone casting guidance.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2165 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 07:13
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius begins the long (one minute) process of relaxing his breathing so he can become one with the door and see through it. Meanwhile, Logan takes a deep breath and begins working on the door again while Angati... tries to look casual.

"PRETTY ELF BOY!" bellows a rough voice. Without even turning around Logan knows who it is and cringes.

Bent Bertha stands in the street, her half-orgress features almost blending into the crowd on 'Wildnight', the last day of Carnevalè. She is carrying a huge sack of what might be coal over her shoulder - it is about the same size as Logan - but swings this down into the street as she continues talking to him.

"Why Logan leave bed other morning without saying goodbye? We had good time that night, eh?" There is something in her voice that is almost pleading.

OOC: Jeez. Talk about embarrassing Logan in front of his friends.

Kassius finishes his preparations and pushes his sight *through* the door. On the other side of the door is a rectangular room serving as a large office with a big desk. A bloody jumble of men lie on the patch of floor between the door and the desk. They wear the livery of House Lidu and have been killed with a bladed weapon like a sword and then pushed into a rough pile.

No sign of Victor or the other criminals, i.e. the albino gargoyle, the cigar smoking choker, the Zzonga addicted bugbear, the cowardly werewolf, the hobgoblin monk with all the metal piercings and Vrinn the gay one-eyed cyclops (that last one is not as rude as it sounds).
Angati
 PC, 687 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 11:10
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati turned and saw the half orc woman, she eyed him from toe to head and back, stopping to gauge her attributes and then looking back at Logan with a wide grin in her face, wonderingly.

Still, Logan was concentrated on the door, and as much fun as this could be to watch, she would rather he concentrated on the door and not on the woman, so, she turned back to her, and approached, her grin still showing as an idea came to her mind... "Ahhh so finally we meet the half orc woman Logan has been talking about so much lately... we have been out of town for a while and just came back. I am sure he will want to catch up later on with you but now... there is a friend of mine Victor... he is having a great party at his house there" she said signalling the door "and the bastard is not opening up to let other people come in... I heard he has it all... men. women, alcohol all sorts of good fun and he is keeping it all to himself... That's just not done don't you think ?".

"Say... why don't you show that feeble elfie how a true woman opens a door... I am sure he will be duly impressed. I'll run with the costs don't you worry..."

She couldn't resist one more question that she asked softly to the half-orc "By the way... is he truly as good as they say in bed ?"

OOC:
12:10, Today: Angati rolled 24 using 1d20+17.  Diplomacy.
That's without the perfume on.... if you dictate I'd have already used it, that would be 34.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:13, Fri 04 Nov 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2166 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 14:09
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
"Say... why don't you show that feeble elfie how a true woman opens a door... I am sure he will be duly impressed. I'll run with the costs don't you worry..."


OOC: Woah. 34 for the diplomacy roll?

Bent Bertha chuckles. Angati isn’t really her sort of person. Fancy attractive human woman, those sort of people didn’t usually want to talk to Bertha unless it was to make fun of her, but this woman seemed different. This woman seemed to really get her.

“Okay. Stand back little elf boy. Bertha show you how it is done.” The half-orgress takes a small run up and then end with a powerful kick against the door. The door is busted off one of its hinges.

Angati:
She couldn't resist one more question that she asked softly to the half-orc "By the way... is he truly as good as they say in bed ?"


Bent Bertha shrugs. “Pretty elf boy tries hard.”

The tavern proprietoress kicks again and the door is knocked in enough that they can gain entry into the inside of Victor’s house. The ground floor is one big room that apparently serves as his office with a flight of wooden stairs up to the next level.

The orgress laughs triumphantly but then her eyes open wide. “Why party full of dead people?” she asks. Just inside the doorway lie the six Lidu men that Angati send out to investigate. They are all dead from what looks to be like a major sword fight based by the amount of blood on the floor.

Angati:
OOC:12:10, Today: Angati rolled 24 using 1d20+17.  Diplomacy. That's without the perfume on.... if you dictate I'd have already used it, that would be 34.


OOC: Yes, you used one dose of the special Ylarium perfume – but you have a couple of more doses left, right?
Angati
 PC, 688 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 14:57
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Fuck !" said Angati "Thats a party gone too wild.. no wonder he was not opening. What the hell is going on here ? where are our friends ? ohhh my... " said Angati as she set herself on guard... "Party is over" she said gravely.

"Did you see anyone coming out of here ?" she asked the half-orc with the feeble hope of finding another clue that might point them in the correct direction... Angati moved into the house with care, and checked one by one on the men on the floor in case any of them was still breathing.

After that she turned to the half-orc "I am sorry... I was not expecting this... listen...  you are probably well connected... people broke from prison yesterday a Gargoyle and other monsters, and it seems that Victor is leading them, they have Zelina, Warren's daughter, and they are saying they will kill her tonight... I didn't think we would find this in here, and I will keep your name out of this to keep you out of trouble... but if you know something... or of someone that may have any clues that may help us get to Zelina, I will make sure it is worth it for you... VERY worthy !!!"

Angati was not lying, she was in fact considering striking a deal with the half-orc to turn her hideout into a tavern of disproportionate dimensions... a new concept of leisure that could become a gold mine with proper investment.

OOC: But thats for another time I guess... still it would be quite a heartache for Mr. Warren that his daughter became a co-proprietor of a disco-tavern.
Kassius
 player, 484 posts
 Hunter 4
Sat 5 Nov 2016
at 22:51
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius had just finished seeing through the door when the effort was wasted by the half-orc busting it open. Overcoming nausea and disgust, he bends in closely to investigate the fallen, seeking clues. His magically enhanced sense of scent proved more of a hindrance than expected, as the odor of death and blood was overwhelming, but he checked anyways, looking for any hints as to how they were killed, and by whom.

Examine the bodies.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2168 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 07:49
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
"Fuck !" said Angati "Thats a party gone too wild.. no wonder he was not opening. What the hell is going on here ? where are our friends ? ohhh my... " said Angati as she set herself on guard... "Party is over" she said gravely.


Bertha just stares at Angati is disbelief, her huge mouth agape and with drool collecting at the corner. "What sort of party?!" she finally manages to stammer.

OOC: 'Party over' indeed! :D

Angati:
"Did you see anyone coming out of here ?" she asked the half-orc with the feeble hope of finding another clue that might point them in the correct direction... Angati moved into the house with care, and checked one by one on the men on the floor in case any of them was still breathing.


"Bertha just walking past. Bertha know nothing about this!" she says, putting up her hands in protest.

Angati quickly confirms that none of the men are breathing.

Angati:
After that she turned to the half-orc "I am sorry... I was not expecting this... listen...  you are probably well connected... people broke from prison yesterday a Gargoyle and other monsters, and it seems that Victor is leading them, they have Zelina, Warren's daughter, and they are saying they will kill her tonight... I didn't think we would find this in here, and I will keep your name out of this to keep you out of trouble... but if you know something... or of someone that may have any clues that may help us get to Zelina, I will make sure it is worth it for you... VERY worthy !!!"


Bertha's eyes glaze over more and more as Angati's story unwinds. Her lips silently move, mouthing "gargoyle...prison... Worrin Lidu..."

When the oracle finally pauses, it is clear that the half-orgress is not convinced, no matter how much magical perfume Angati has on. "Bertha knows nothing. NOOOTHHHIING!"

She turns to Logan, a sad look on her face. "Pretty elf boy. It not work out. You bad boy. You not good for Bertha.” She bends over at the waist, sweeps Logan up in her arms and plants a massive tongue kiss on his mouth. After this, she turns and half runs out of the room.

Angati:
Angati was not lying, she was in fact considering striking a deal with the half-orc to turn her hideout into a tavern of disproportionate dimensions... a new concept of leisure that could become a gold mine with proper investment.

OOC: But thats for another time I guess... still it would be quite a heartache for Mr. Warren that his daughter became a co-proprietor of a disco-tavern.


And just like that, Angati’s dreams of opening a Eurotrash style disco club in Sasserine were dashed…

Kassius:
Kassius had just finished seeing through the door when the effort was wasted by the half-orc busting it open. Overcoming nausea and disgust, he bends in closely to investigate the fallen, seeking clues. His magically enhanced sense of scent proved more of a hindrance than expected, as the odor of death and blood was overwhelming, but he checked anyways, looking for any hints as to how they were killed, and by whom.


Kassius finds that all of the men were killed by a sharp, bladed weapon. The unusual thing is that they were all killed with one strike to a critical organ – the heart, the jugular vein of the neck, through an eye… this is unusual as you were usually expect to see a number of minor scratches as well considering that Lidu’s men were well trained and wouldn’t have just let their opponent(s) walk right over them. Kassius also notes that one of the men sent in the squad here is missing.

After that, the party have a chance to look around the room.



The whole ground floor of the large wooden building constructed on the side of the old water tower is being used as Victor’s office. It is pristinely neat, except for the mess made by the recent combat and the blood on the floor. A large desk sits in the middle of the room, a fancy high-backed leather chair on one side of this and two plainer chairs on the other. A sloped architects’ table sits close to one side of the room, a number of loose papers and drawings spread across it. Against the north wall is a row of tall filing cabinets.

A flight of wooden stairs lead up to the next floor.

Logan hears a faint rhythmic clicking noise coming from upstairs. It taps out a slow beat every third second or so.
Angati
 PC, 690 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 10:23
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati sighed... "Sorry Logan... nothing you can't fix if you want I hope..." she turned right away to search the room, and while she did, she spoke to Logan and Kassius "I think we should consider that one of the soldiers was indeed our friend the cyclops, but that is a lead that might be mighty hard to follow... ".

As she heard the noises upstairs she headed straight towards the stair and started climbing. Having her sister in danger made her act quite impulsively.


11:23, Today: Angati rolled 17 using 1d20+5.  Perception.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2170 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 8 Nov 2016
at 06:46
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Pausing to give Logan and Kassius a chance to post before I respond to Angati.
Logan
 player, 625 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Tue 8 Nov 2016
at 21:21
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan has been utterly silent, first taken entirely by surprise by the appearance of Bertha and her ogrish battering-ram of a body, then by the scenes of the devastation and murder inside, and finally by her final departing present.  After a few moments, he shakes his head and emerges from his trance.

"Onions, why does she always taste like onions?"

Shaking his head, he motions upstairs.  "I'm not too terribly worried about fixing that.  It wasn't ever going to work out, anyway.  But on to pressing matters...there's something upstairs.  We should investigate."

Drawing his weapons, Logan moves to sneak up the stairs, trying to be as silent as possible.

16:21, Today: Logan rolled 27 using 1d20+12.  Stealth.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2172 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 09:09
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Does Kassius want to search downstairs? I.e. Investigate one of the areas I described in the room description?
Kassius
 player, 486 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 21:54
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius rummages quickly through the various papers on the desk, looking for some hint as to what the frak is going on! He skims quickly, not bothering to read every detail trying to find something useful.

Hopefully would have read something before Logan makes his comments?

Kassius nods at Logan's remark, putting the papers back down and unslinging his bow, ready to follow the others.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2175 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 06:28
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius does his best to search the room as quickly as he can so he can catch up with Angati who has rushed up the stairs to search for her sister.

The main desk has nothing on it, so he looks at the architects writing desk. It has a number of drawings on it setting out the renovation plans for the Dawnlight Orphanage in the Sunrise district. Kassius knows the abandoned institution well - it is only a couple of blocks from his grandfather's house and he used to play in it with his brother when we was a kid. Interestingly he notes that a large brass bell was ordered and installed a couple of weeks ago...



Angati runs up the stairs, taking them two at a time. Unfortunately, her sister is not in the next room either. Victor's bedroom is immaculately clean, except for a bundle of fine clothes that have been pulled out of the open wardrobe and thrown on the bed haphazardly.

There is only one exit from the room - a door to the east that judging from the building's layout must lead into the old water tower.

Logan is quick to climb the stairs and join Angati. He notices something that the oracle has not in her frantic searching - the steady rhythmic beat that her heard downstairs is a lot louder and clearer up here. It is definitely coming from the east, through the door to the tower and has sped up a little - now there is a beat every two seconds or so.

Kassius and Kibeti walk up the stairs and join their two companions.
Angati
 PC, 697 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 08:44
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Ok, so that orphanage is our next stop... a bell probably means a tower...
"It is probably just water... but maybe there is a lot of it in there and if we open it may pull out ?... hmm I don't know if we should open this door or not... but then... I don't want to leave any clue left exploring with my sister's life depending on this".

She paused "Make a quick search here... when you are ready, I open the door...".
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2179 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 11:04
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: You do have someone in the party who can see through doors, you know... :P
Kassius
 player, 488 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 11:57
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Agreed. More importantly, a bell probably means an excellent place to hear "the first chimes of midnight!"

Kassius ignores Angati's worried dithering, and walks up to the door, holding his hand against the base and closing his eyes. After a minute he forces his senses through the door, looking around on the other side.
Logan
 player, 628 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 15:22
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan waits by Kassius's side, eager to hear what might await them on the other side.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2181 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 19:40
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius focuses in an attempt to see through the door - it takes a little longer than usual due to the rhythmic thudding upsetting his concentration. The noise seems to increase in volume and the beating grow closer together as he spends the minute he needs to activate his power.



When he does manage to look through the door, he indeed sees that it is the bottom of the old water tower - but it is empty of water and has been turned into Victor's laboratory.

The walls of the huge metal cylinder are encrusted with piping, steel tanks, cranks, rivets and bolts all the way to the top of the old silo 30' above. Two large work tables are in the middle of the room, pilled high with beakers and vials filled with strange liquids. Kassius sees a man slumped up against one of the work tables, and for a second thinks it is Victor - the figure is dressed in the stylish and slightly garish clothes that the self professed super sleuth usually wears. But then he sees that the man has a huge gash on his neck and his clothes are covered in dark arterial blood. This is not Victor but one of the Lidu guards dressed up in the investigator's clothes.

Up against one wall a collection of sketches and notes have been pasted over the pipes in that area. There is a sketch of Worrin Lidu, with a dagger pushed through one of his eyes and the words 'DIE, LIDU, DIE' scrawled underneath. There is also a sketch of Angati's sister, Zelina, with a big charcoal circle drawn around her face. The rest of the notes are things like diagrams of the Lidu mansion layout, notes on guard changing times and the like.

The thudding noise is reaching a crescendo and the beats are almost continuous now. As Kassius watches, a large gyroscope placed above a vat on the side of the wall tears itself off its bolts and falls, ripping the vat from its mountings and crashing it into another tank below. The two liquids quickly mix and the combined contents start foaming and bubbling furiously. As Kassius watches in horror the mixture bursts into flame, escapes the tank and starts racing across the floor to another pile of chemical vats filled to the brim with strangely coloured contents.
Anansi
 NPC, 4 posts
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 19:44
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" screams the spirit as she flees through a wall.
Kassius
 player, 489 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 23:40
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius narrates to the other's what he sees, describing the body, the sketches, and the diagrams. Then he sees the gyroscope begin to fall. "What the...?"
He starts, then trails off. Suddenly his eyes go wide.
"They're destroying the evidence. It's a time bomb to destroy the whole frakking place! Get out, now!"
He cries in shock, turning and grabbing the others, forcing them to run as well.
Angati
 PC, 701 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 11 Nov 2016
at 09:16
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati followed her sister's and Kassius' lead running after them as fast as she could.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2183 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 13 Nov 2016
at 15:16
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
The three of them sprint down the stairs, with Kibeti close behind. Unfortunately they don't make it any further than the ground floor before the noxious mixture of chemicals in the lab explodes.

The explosion rips the top off the old water tower and also tears downwards through the floor, the fiery blast knocking them all from their feet and then burying them all in a hail of rocks. A second later this is followed by a shower of burning acid falling from the lab above.

OOC: 4d4 fire damage and then 4d4 acid damage. Reflex 15 save on each of these to take half damage.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2185 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 13 Nov 2016
at 16:23
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Pls go ahead and roll for your own damage.
Logan
 player, 631 posts
 Unchained Rogue 4
Sun 13 Nov 2016
at 19:28
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan hurries down the hall, flinging himself underneath a heavy wooden table just as the explosion occurs, and shields himself from both the fire and the subsequent acid deluge.  When the dust settles, he pushes against the rocks and debris, trying to free himself.

"Kassius, Angati, are you all out there?"  The rogue coughs, clearing dust from his mouth and peers around at the decimated landscape.  "Fracking Victor.  What's he trying to do?"

Assuming these  count as "traps" for the purposes of Trap Sense, Logan makes both of these saves and thus takes no damage because of Evasion.

14:24, Today: Logan rolled 15 using 1d20+10.  Reflex vs Acid.
14:24, Today: Logan rolled 22 using 1d20+10.  Reflex vs Fire.

Kassius
 player, 491 posts
 Hunter 4
Sun 13 Nov 2016
at 21:26
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius, forewarned by his vision dodges quickly out of the way, escaping the tower and wincing in pain as burning acidic debris rains down upon him. Kibeti is less lucky, and is still inside the tower when it blows. Fortunately, the cat's hide is resistant to the acid, and takes only minimal damage.


"Well, that went poorly." Kassius comments snidely.

"Clearly, trying to hide the evidence. Fortunately, I saw some drawings of an abandoned orphanage where they're installing a new bell. The "first chimes of midnight? mentioned in that note I bet."

14:59, Today: Kassius rolled 18,29 using 1d20+10,1d20+10. reflex saves.
15:00, Today: Kassius rolled 14,11 using 4d4,4d4.  damage (half).
(Kassius takes a total of 12 damage)

Kibeti:
15:01, Today: Kibeti rolled 14,9 using 1d20+8,1d20+8.  reflex save.
15:02, Today: Kibeti rolled 11,8 using 4d4,4d4.  damage.
(resists 5 acid damage, takes a total of 14 damage)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2186 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 14 Nov 2016
at 06:53
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
@Logan, agree, this was a trap so evasion applies.

@Kassius, I agree with your calcs.

Angati
 PC, 703 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 14 Nov 2016
at 08:18
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Anansi made her way out slowly covered in rocks and white debris, she had clearly been burnt badly, and quite a bit of her hair was singed to the point of being really evident. "Damn that bloody man... I am going to peel his skin!" she said as she took further steps towards the rest.

"At least we got what we came for... Let's go to the orphanage... but first let's try to get hold of Alohan and Celene... I am thinking... Logan... can you send a messenger to my father's house saying we have died... we found the corpses and entered the house but it all blew up..  you managed to get out and are trying to dig out our corpses... Let's try to sneak out of here without being seen profiting all this mess.... Victor has at least one spy at my father's house, if he thinks his proof destruction not only worked but managed to kill us, it might make him a bit more confident..  and as for my father thinking that I died... screw him, he'll have to endure it for a while".

OOC:
Idea would be to sneak out of here back to hide out and try to regroup there... get in combat gear and use CLW to heal. Then head to Orphanage. While we heal, Logan would send a message through someone saying that we died... a terrible explosion and all the rest. He could say that we found the corpses of the guards, but not that one was missing.
08:32, Today: Angati rolled 10 using 4d4.  Acid (only half dmg).
08:31, Today: Angati rolled 12 using 4d4.  Fire dmg (full).
08:30, Today: Angati rolled 18 using 1d20+4.  Reflex save DC:14.
08:30, Today: Angati rolled 9 using 1d20+4.  Reflex save DC:14.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2187 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 14 Nov 2016
at 11:02
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
"Damn that bloody man... I am going to peel his skin!" she said as she took further steps towards the rest.


Heh heh. Good to see that this villain is getting under your skin a little.

Angati:
"<Periwinkle>At least we got what we came for... Let's go to the orphanage... but first let's try to get hold of Alohan and Celene...


Great!

This time they are successful to getting hold of Alohan and Celene and the entire team assembles in order to investigate the orphanage. As luck would have it, the orphanage is very close to the old Dragon Lotus lair so the party is able to spend a few minutes there kitting up and healing.

Angati:
I am thinking... Logan... can you send a messenger to my father's house saying we have died... we found the corpses and entered the house but it all blew up..  you managed to get out and are trying to dig out our corpses...


Good thinking, although maybe a bit harsh on Angati’s dad! Logan sends a message conveying the information.

Angati:
He could say that we found the corpses of the guards, but not that one was missing.


Actually, the missing guard was in Victor’s lab dressed up in the sleuth’s clothes. Looks like it was an attempt to make it appear like Victor died in the blast. But still, there might still be a spy in the Lidu household, so better to be safe than sorry.

Now all the characters are together in this thread, I am placing it on hold until we are finished with the House of Porphyry.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2265 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 20:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
And here we go...

After a stressful half hour of pushing and shoving through the crazy streets of Sasserine; Angati, Logan, Kassius and Kibeti regroup at the old Dragon Lotus lair. The entrance to Angati's base is in 'Dead Dog Alley' (out the back of the taxidermist's shop, remember how you almost got eaten by a crocodile in there?) and is only two minutes walk from their final destination - the derelict orphanage where Victor Saint-Demain is awaiting the 'Chimes of Midnight'.

The good news is that Alohan and Celene are waiting for them there, having got the earlier message. They are brought up to speed with the terrible events of the day.

Okay, healing time. This is the current damage total, can you please do your thing Beni.

Kassius  12
Kibeti   14
Angati   17


Once they are ready and plans have been made, they return to the streets.

Tonight is the last night of Carnavlé and the city is going insane - it is WILDNIGHT. The streets are a little emptier now as only the hardcore revellers remain. The drunken fools, the violent youths and the madmen roam, banging on doors, screaming at passers-by or howling at the moon. And then the sky opens up and the rain starts pelting down,

They arrive at the orphanage with ten minutes remaining before midnight. The condemned building is now falling apart, its stone walls succumbing to tropical creepers and with trees pushing up against the walls. The streets either side are dark and desolate, and a hissing mournful wind sends sheets of rainwater across the tangled weeds growing out front. Wherever Victor spends all that money he collects for 'charity', it sure isn't here.

The tall bell tower at the centre of the building still stands though, rising like an aged sentinel or the broken fragment if a dream harkening back to Sasserine's better days. Rubble and slabs of marble with water running down them lie about the grounds, jagged pieces of the building now lie like broken bones, long ago conquered by the undergrowth which rules now over the formerly majestic gardens. Above the entry arch, the cracked likeness of a sun is carved into blue marble but the words beneath if are mostly worn away by the elements - only the letters '....al. Wa..s Lo... ..st..' can be made out.

OOC: Right, what spells do you want to precast? The usual? Are people remembering to cross their wand charges off as they use them?
Celene
 player, 1117 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 20:20
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Seeing the others are injured Celene calls upon Wee Jas to heal their wounds.

15:19, Today: Celene rolled 6 using 1d6.  Healing.

15:18, Today: Celene rolled 3 using 1d6.  Healing.

15:18, Today: Celene rolled 7 using 2d6.  Healing.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2266 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 20:27
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
At first I was going to say 'hang on, you're not a cleric anymore' and then I remembered - this thread is actually before they other thread. :D

Angati has 1 hp damage remaining, other two are fully healed.

I am pumped for this next big combat!

Kassius
 player, 505 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 03:26
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Pre cast:
Gravity bow on self.
Barkskin on Kibeti
Anyone else want a Barkskin? Kassius rarely gets into melee, so I can throw one casting of it onto either Logan or Alohan instead of myself (+2 natural armor bonus).

Logan
 player, 658 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 04:04
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Kassius (msg # 76):

Logan would certainly like his AC buffed. Who needs it more, Logan or Alohan?  Logan's AC is normally 19.
Celene
 player, 1118 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 04:25
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
We have a wand of shield of faith as well for a +2 deflection bonus.
Angati
 PC, 729 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 08:28
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Sorry... who had the wand ? hadn't we bought a few ? I am sorry I had not written it down in my sheet. It sure does not make sense to heal with spells... just use the wands. If I have one of the wands let me know I'll heal everyone with it.

As for pre-buffing, I'd go with the same as before... mainly Protection from Evil, and then the Blur ability. When close, cast divine favor.

Logan
 player, 659 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 17:21
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene:
We have a wand of shield of faith as well for a +2 deflection bonus.

Logan would definitely be up for Natural Armor and/or Shield of Faith.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2270 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 20:45
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
OOC: Sorry... who had the wand ? hadn't we bought a few ? I am sorry I had not written it down in my sheet. It sure does not make sense to heal with spells... just use the wands. If I have one of the wands let me know I'll heal everyone with it.


No worries, but please do add these wands to both your character sheet and status block this time. When you use charges please just note it in your status block like Celene does, i.e.

Celene:
Wand of Magic Missile (42), Wand of Mage Armor (46),


At the end of the last adventure Angati got the following wands:

wand of cure light wounds with 8 charges remaining (taken from Bua Gorg's body)
wand of cure light wounds with 50 charges remaining (purchased by the team but carried by Angati)

She also got a potion of cure moderate wounds on the beach at Kraken's Cove, did you mark that down?
And that magical perfume from Ylarium.

Celene
 player, 1122 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 20:49
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati should have the wand we stole from Eseriel as well. Shield of Faith +2 (50 charges)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2271 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 07:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Celene (msg # 82):

True. Forgot about that one. Quite a collection you have there Beni! I also need to know which ones you keep equipped and which ones are in your backpack since your curse means that it takes a round to get anything out of your bags.

Kassius: Gravity bow
Kibeti: Barkskin
Logan: Barkskin from Kassius (+2 nat armor bonus) and Shield of Faith (+2 deflection bonus)
Celene: nothing?
Angati: nothing?
Alohan: nothing?

Hey, can Logan still get a benefit from the barkskin when he has normal armour on anyway?

Angati
 PC, 731 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 08:03
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Healing:
This heals everyone completely minus Kibeti (who still has 2hp damage) Total 8 Charges... so only have 1 CLW (50) charges left.

09:00, Today: Angati rolled 4 using 1d8+1.  CLW Angati.
08:59, Today: Angati rolled 6 using 1d8+1.  CLW Angati.
08:58, Today: Angati rolled 7 using 2d8+2.  Angati 2 charges.
08:58, Today: Angati rolled 12 using 2d8+2.  Kibeti (2 charges).
08:58, Today: Angati rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  CLW Kasius.
08:57, Today: Angati rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  CLW Kasius.

Only the Shield of Faith wand was missing in my annotations... sorry for this but guys this is like my achyles spot... I just am a terrible manager of stuff... Ill do my best, really :)

Anyone needs Shield of Faith +2 ? I'd say go for Protection from Evil... it was Khartach that casted it last time. I believe, but I can cast it now if you guys want.. just tell me how many... we should make a wand out of this... for pet's I'd say Shield of Faith ? please confirm.

As for Buffs:
- Protection from Evil
- Blur ability.
- Divine favor.

OMI:
- Shield of Faith

This message was last edited by the player at 08:07, Thu 01 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2272 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 09:04
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Angati (msg # 84):

No worries buddy!

BTW, Celene already healed everyone with her channels (except for Angati who had 1 point of damage left) so at least your don't need to use charges on that.

Okay, just waiting for buff information from Celene and Alohan.

Logan
 player, 661 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 11:28
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Dungeon Master:
Hey, can Logan still get a benefit from the barkskin when he has normal armour on anyway?

Yes.
Here's the SRD about armor bonuses:

An armor bonus applies to armor class and is granted by armor or by a spell or magical effect that mimics armor. Armor bonuses stack with all other bonuses to armor class (even with natural armor bonuses) except other armor bonuses.
Celene
 player, 1124 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 12:20
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene would only take mage armor. I've got a contingency to no longer use any charges from Alohan's wand in the works too.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2274 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 19:41
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Okay, time to finish off this 'mystery' in the time honoured D&D fashion - by killing stuff. You have 600 rounds to free Zelina - should be heaps of time but I will be keeping track of each round.

With spells precast, the party jog into the complex and pass through a deserted courtyard choked with weeds and with puddles forming in the rain (2 rounds gone). Then they enter the first real room.

Beyond the entrance archway yawns en enormous stone chamber. Rotted and broken wooden tables lie about the room in disarray. Many of the wooden crossbeams above have fallen to the flagstone floor, and pieces of the ceiling lie on the ground as well. Darkness reigns above, but it is obvious from the fallen stones that a breathtaking mosaic adorns the ceiling depicting frolicking children in a pastoral setting. At the far end of the chamber lies a large mouldering high table. And shackled to this table is Angati's sister, Zelina.

Standing over the scion of the House of Lidu is a hulking brute of a bugbear with long floopy ears and a tremendous warhammer at the ready. As he sees you enter he smiles - you see that his mouth is completely empty of teeth. It is no less than 'Durok the Masher', one of Sasserine's most wanted who escaped a few days ago just before the Silver Falcon was stolen and Zelina was kidnapped.



"Swop! Or I'wl mawsh her!" bellows the creature.

Zelina struggles against her chains and then looks across at the party, focusing on Alohan. Then she speaks, her voice somewhat calmer than they would have expected.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:43, Thu 01 Dec 2016.

Zelina Lidu
 NPC, 7 posts
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 19:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Alohan! My brave warrior! Remember the moment we had together outside the dress shop! I am here for you my love."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2275 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 19:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Huh?" stammers Durok, seemingly confused.

1 more round used.


A complete square of table gives hard cover if you are in the square directly behind it and it is between you and your opponent. It is a DC10 acrobatics check to jump over a table - most of you will make that without needing to roll.
Logan
 player, 662 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 21:08
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan surveyed the situation.  "I'm not an expert or anything, but this definitely seems like a trap.  Isn't one of those escaped monsters something that can imitate people?  Zelina seems way too calm."

HP: 33/33 AC: 23/16/19 F4 R11 W6 (Assuming evil attackers)
Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil (+2 AC, +2 Saves vs Evil) 37 rounds
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC) 297 rounds

This message was last edited by the player at 21:09, Thu 01 Dec 2016.

Angati
 PC, 733 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 09:52
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Now... I am REALLY pissed off... You don't even take the time to properly act like Zelina you one eyed freak... didn't do your homework did you ? this is how you repay saving your life ?... it is Victor that condemned you, and yet it is him you work for now ? him that killed your sister soul, your precious couple, ahhh.. no spine and no courage is that it ? not even to avenge those that were most cherished to you.... I offer you your revenge and pardon if you help here... all in one. That goes for you too, you know know me and have no reason of knowing that what I say is true, but you are taking the wrong Partner, he is going to betray you, if he has not done so already.

LISTEN YOU ALL... WORRIN LIDU HAS GRANTED PARDON TO ALL THOSE THAT HELP HIM RECOVER HER DAUGHTER !!!
".


Free : | Swft : | Move : B15 | Stnd :
Has it been more than 1 hour since we broke into the house of Victor ?. If not, the roll would be 44…
10:48, Today: Angati rolled 34 using 1d20+17.  Diplomacy.
I am a bit dizzy on the details because its over a year from this, but if I recall correctly, it is Victor that stabbed and killed his doppleganger couple/brother or whatever it was...

HP: 46 |  AC: 22 24 | CMD : 18 20 | Saves: 4/4/5 6/6/7
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Divine Favor (+2), Prot from Evil (37 rounds), Blur (20% miss)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 5/7 Sun Metal, Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour
      L1 Spells : 5/5 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon, Restoration Lesser
      Abilities : Misfortune, Fortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (2/3 minutes blur).

Zelina Lidu
 NPC, 8 posts
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 11:15
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
'Zelinda' shifts her gaze to Angati, taking in her 'sister's' words. She appears to quickly consider her options.

"You know what Angati? You're right." Zelinda tilts her head upwards towards Durok, open her mouth, and breathes out a huge cone of red hot fire straight into his face.

OOC: Okay, I'll take those initiative rolls now thanks.
Logan
 player, 664 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 11:33
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
06:30, Today: Logan rolled 16 using 1d20+4.  Init
Angati
 PC, 734 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 11:59
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
12:59, Today: Angati rolled 22 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.
Celene
 player, 1128 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 13:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
08:42, Today: Celene rolled 9 using 1d20.

Does Worrin Lidu's pardon extend to little blondes? I am helping to recover Zelina.

Angati
 PC, 735 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 14:55
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
There is NO Worrin Lidu's pardon...

Angati is a liar when its in her interests.

Still, she would let the doppelgänger live, because she still feels guilty for what happened to him. He should have been freed rather than imprisioned... so if he helps she would try to keep her word.

Also... he can be useful, if we end with the other first, she has promised if she gets Zelina... so... if he would help, he could infiltrate or at least cause a distraction or confusion or try to free Zelina... in those cases Angati would do her best to keep her word...
Logan
 player, 666 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 15:44
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Angati (msg # 97):

Unless that's where the double-cross comes from!
Celene
 player, 1130 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 16:22
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
This is beyond the pale. You gave me hope for a minute.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:25, Fri 02 Dec 2016.

Kassius
 player, 507 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 16:37
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
posting from phone, can't copy and paste, but I rolled a 19 total init
Alohan Nuari
 player, 573 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 17:20
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan is quite puzzled. He looks to Zelinda, searching his mind for any recollection of this moment outside the dress shop. No, he didn't recall Zelinda. In fact, that day he remembered clearly. He was with Amarilde, going to pick up her dress only to find someone had stolen it. Accept, it wasn't really Amarilde, it was...

As the realization hit him, a shiver ran down his spine. He gripped his taiaha tightly and listened to Angati's words, hoping beyond hope there was no pardon. Having a doppleganger in love with you wasn't something he wanted, especially one as crafty as Virin. Still, there was something to consider. A doppleganger could adopt a plethroa of forms. He could sleep with countless women and exotic creatures all with the.... "FOCUS. Your friends need you' his mind screamed.

But for whatever it was worth, the doppleganger appeared to be swayed and Alohan felt a sense of duty to aid the creature.
12:09, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 16 using 1d20+4 ((12)) Initiative Alohaaaa.

Standard Action:
Move Action:
Free/Swift Action:

HP:  45/45(RGE)  AC: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2))   CMD: 21  | 23 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+1
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: What was the ruling for mage armor and SoF for CMD? Any bonus?

Celene
 player, 1132 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 18:13
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In regards to CMD: Mage Armor No. Shield of Faith Yes.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : | Stnd :  | Full :



HP:  25/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 8/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16), Cause Fear,
                  Charm person (DC 17), Sleep (DC 17), Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 5/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (5/5),
                  Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2278 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 11:54
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Durok stumbles back, screaming as his singed hair and long ears continue to burn. (Made his save, only 5hp damge). Vrinn starts to throw off the fake shackles - he isn't actually tied down of course (the changeling is way down the initiative order).

OOC: Angati, Kassius, Alohan & Logan can now take their first turns. Durok is flat-footed.
Angati
 PC, 737 posts
 Oracle 4
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 19:01
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
I dont think that they can get to attack from here unless its ranged so Angati will run all the way next to him if possible and will attack next round. Covering his exit towards the door I dont want him fleeing and alerting the rest
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2279 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 20:05
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Can't Angati charge him?

The tables aren't difficult terrain, they just provide some cover and need an (easy) acrobatics check to jump over.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:05, Sat 03 Dec 2016.

Logan
 player, 669 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 20:48
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan yells and charges into the fray, trying to catch his attackers before they can move.  "Zelina-doppleganger, flank that brute with me!  We can take him down fast!"

Full-Round Action: Charge to M9, Attack Durak.  Auto-succeed on DC10 Acrobatics
15 vs Flat-Footed AC is probably a miss, but just in case, 16 damage


HP: 33/33 AC: 21/14/17 F4 R11 W6 (Assuming evil attackers)(-2 AC from Charge)
Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil (+2 AC, +2 Saves vs Evil) 36 rounds
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC) 296 rounds

15:46, Today: Logan rolled 8 using 1d20+7.  Short Sword Attack.
15:46, Today: Logan rolled 15 using 1d20+8.  Rapier Attack.
15:47, Today: Logan rolled 16 using 4d6+5.  Rapier Damage.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2280 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 21:13
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Can you charge to M9? Don't you have to go in a straight line and then stop once you make contact? i.e. L9?

Logan rushes forward with better intensions than aim and misses the still smoking Durok. Zelina/Vrinn looks up at the half-elf and sighs. "I am going to regret this, aren't I?" he mutters in resignation.
Logan
 player, 670 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 21:19
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 107):

Oh, I guess that's right.  I have to move into the closest space from which I can attack.  So L9, not M9.  Next round I could 5' step into flanking, I suppose.
Kassius
 player, 508 posts
 Hunter 4
Sun 4 Dec 2016
at 01:32
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius fires, but the chaotic melee makes it difficult to drive an accurate bead on the target. Kibeti has more success as he hurtles forward, catching Durak in the thigh and coming away mouth dripping blood. The cat licks his chops, and braces, looking for more.



Kassius
20:27, Today: Kassius rolled 16,13,4,7 using 1d20+8,1d20+8,2d6+1,2d6+1.  Rapid shot (does NOT include +4 soft cover to AC bonus for there being allies in the way
Swift Action: Activate Animal Focus
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot

HP: 33/33  AC 19, Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 4/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger)

Kibeti
20:29, Today: Kibeti rolled 24,8 using 1d20+7,1d6+5.  Charge bite.
Full Round Action:Charge to L10, attack Durak

HP: 36/36AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Alohan Nuari
 player, 574 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Sun 4 Dec 2016
at 13:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
As his companions began to charge into the room, Alohan was not far behind leaping across debris with taiaha in hand. The thought of Virin being in trouble must of awoke something inside of him as he sprinted up to the bugbear and slammed his taiaha into the bugbear's chest.

DebrisL I should be able to auto-succeed a jump over some debris with my ring of jumping.
08:50, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 28,14 using 1d20+10,1d10+4 ((18,10)).

Standard Action: Attack Durok
Move Action: Charge to L9
Free/Swift Action:

HP:  45/45  AC: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Charge(-2))   CMD: 21  | 23(Shield(+2)Charge(-2)) vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+1
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note:

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2281 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 4 Dec 2016
at 19:01
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Hey Kassius, does Kibeti share your initiative? I didn't think so and I actually rolled for him since I could see you hadn't rolled.

12:34, Yesterday: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Kibeti, rolled 8 using 1d20+4.  Kibeti Init.

His initiative isn't high enough for him to get a move yet, so he couldn't have attacked.

@Angati, depending on if Kibeti's move was valid or not, what you said earlier is now true - there are no spots available for Angati to charge into now since Logan, Alohan and the cat are taking them. Do you just want to double move as close as you can?

Kassius
 player, 509 posts
 Hunter 4
Sun 4 Dec 2016
at 19:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
I haven't been rolling initiative separately for Kibeti all game. If you want me to start doing so, that's fine. It's just been simpler to have us both act on the same initiative.

If Kibeti can't charge then yes, he'd double move to get into position to attack next round.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2282 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 07:30
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius:
I haven't been rolling initiative separately for Kibeti all game. If you want me to start doing so, that's fine. It's just been simpler to have us both act on the same initiative.

If Kibeti can't charge then yes, he'd double move to get into position to attack next round.


Oh year, it's coming back to me. We did did discuss this previously and agree to it, didn't we? Okay, please keep going with the combined rolls!

Okay Beni, that means that Angati can't get into combat this round. Do you want to double move and get ready for next round, or normal and then cast a spell?


The floppy-eared hobgoblin falls back under the onslaught - Kibeti sinks he teeth deep (8 hp) and Alohan stabs with his bladed weapon (14 hp!).

I'll let Angati make her move before I respond.

Angati
 PC, 738 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 09:12
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
quote:
@Angati, depending on if Kibeti's move was valid or not, what you said earlier is now true - there are no spots available for Angati to charge into now since Logan, Alohan and the cat are taking them. Do you just want to double move as close as you can?

Yes... I had thought table impeded the charge... anyway, it's ok, I have crappy damage, I am more there to not let them act than to really deal damage.

She would have double moved and block paths of exit.... casting fear or any such thing would be a risk of alerting more people...

This message was last edited by the player at 09:14, Mon 05 Dec 2016.

Celene
 player, 1134 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 17:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Looks like there is a door right behind him and the door we came through. No other visible exits though. That are in plain sight at least.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2283 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 20:11
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati jogs down to the other end of the room - although she isn't able to get between Durok and the door at the back of the room (sorry this door is a little hard to see on the map), she is close enough to strike next round.

The battle is going well with the toothless bugbear (sorry, not a hobgoblin like I said earlier) well on the back foot... and that is when the proverbial hits the magically powered ceiling mounted rotational device...

A half man/half wolf figure appears right behind Kibeti, the invisibility falling away as he attacks, and scores a shocking blow on the cat with his rapier. (9 hp, confirmed crit. despite MF roll) "Here little puwdy, puwdy cat!" he hisses at the stunned panther. He moves with inhuman speed that must be magically enhanced.

Durok tries to recover his footing, thinks about reaching for the door, but reconsiders when he realises how much this would expose him to attack. "Ahh! Rwelp me! Rwelp me! Take the shwop Scrimshaw! Hit the bwarbwarian!" he yelps as he falls back into a fully defensive posture.

As if on command two arrows fly out of the darkness in the high ceiling space above the party. Flying out of the corner of the room two arrows of white oak strike towards the native barbarian. One thuds into the top of the large table, the other thugs into the crown prince's thigh (16 hp damage). The pain is immense and just gets worse as a split second later the magical rune inscribed onto it activates and starts drawing the barbarian's power from him. Alohan stumbles and almost falls from the table.

OOC: Alohan is now fatigued for the spell's duration. Make a DC16 fort save or become exhausted.

Now that he has shot, Scrimshaw's position up in the rafters is exposed but it is clear how he was over looked. His porcelain white albino skin is almost invisible against the white fresco plaster that is all that is left of the mural.

OOC: He has partial cover up there and as it is 15' up you will need to fly or use a ladder to reach him.


No sooner has Alohan faced that threat when a second figure materialises behind the warrior, flanking him with Durok. It is a burley looking hobgoblin with metal piercings throughout his body. "I hear you are some sort of savage monk?!" he chuckles as he stands there and observes Alohan swaying from the magical energies flowing through his body and sapping his strength. "Well I am a REAL monk. I studied ten years in the Sind desert. Let me show you what I learnt." The red-haired hobgoblin points his open palm at Alohan and a blast of searing white light fires out. But shear instinct alone Alohan manages to avoid the worst of it (9 hp damage).

Meanwhile, at the entranceway, Celene has been abandoned by the front line fighters as usual. She begins casting a powerful spell, and feels a tentacle wrap around her neck and jerk her right off the floor! Before she knows it the powerful grip has wrapped around her again and again until she is clutched against the strong chest of someone else hiding up in the rafters. It stinks of cheap cigar smoke and stale hard liquor.

"There, there <cough> <cough>," whispers a vaguely female voice. "It will all be over soon dearie, best to relax and avoid some of the pain..."

OOC: Celene gains the grappled condition and her feet are now spasming five feet off the ground. Her attacker is Rrregle, one of the 'choker' race. This is a monster type that was first named in one of the Mystara Gazetteers so it exciting to see it here.

Celene's assailant is also at 15' elevation - she has stretchy long arms like tentacles which can reach down 10'.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:31, Mon 05 Dec 2016.

Vrinn
 NPC, 7 posts
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 20:11
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan:
Logan yells and charges into the fray, trying to catch his attackers before they can move.  "Zelina-doppleganger, flank that brute with me!  We can take him down fast!"


Vrinn's face is slowly melting, changing from Angati's beautiful sister to the one-eyed monstrosity that is his true form. "Ahh, yeah, look I am more a lover than a fighter. I thought you would've worked that out by now." The changling backs off, hiding behind Angati. He is wearing a dagger at his side though.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2284 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 20:28
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
<END OF ROUND FOUR>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 20/45 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 45/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 27/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>

Durok the Masher (Bugbear Barbarian): <MF NOT USED> -5 -8 -14
Mange (Werewolf): <MF USED>
Grimgraj (Hobgoblin Monk): <MF NOT USED>
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle): <MF NOT USED>
Rrregle the Gasper (Choker): <MF NOT USED>

(De-)Buffs
Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 37
Divine Favour to round 10
Time Flicker to round 50

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 50

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith

<Red><START OF PLAYERS' TURN FIVE>

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:13, Tue 06 Dec 2016.

Celene
 player, 1135 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 20:29
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Does Celene get to act? I never had a turn due to a low initiative. I don't know if they would be holding actions or what not but I don't think I get skipped by them taking a delayed action?

This message was last edited by the player at 20:31, Mon 05 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2285 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 20:32
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene:
Does Celene get to act? I never had a turn due to a low initiative. I don't know if they would be holding actions or what not but I don't think I get skipped by them taking a delayed action?


You had initiative at the bottom of the round... yeah, you get to act now and technically it is at the end of the last round, but is there any difference in you just acting now at the start of the round? Keeps things simpler.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2286 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 20:33
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

Updated battlemap
Celene
 player, 1136 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 20:35
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
I guess not. Using the poetic license it seemed like I had tried to cast a spell and it was interrupted thus losing my turn. Just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case.

If you are going to just do this though you might as well just had us all act together instead of having individual rolls. Anyways post incoming.

Celene
 player, 1137 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 20:39
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene attempts to cast a spell as she struggles against the creature holding her. It is to no avail as the spell fizzles. Even in an alternate future she isn't able to muster the concentration.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : | Stnd : Cast Spell | Full :

15:38, Today: Celene rolled 15 using 1d20+10.  Misfortune Used.

15:38, Today: Celene rolled 14 using 1d20+10.  Concetration Check DC 19.



HP:  25/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 7/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16), Cause Fear,
                  Charm person (DC 17), Sleep (DC 17), Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 5/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (5/5),
                  Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:40, Mon 05 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2287 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 20:41
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene:
I guess not. Using the poetic license it seemed like I had tried to cast a spell and it was interrupted thus losing my turn. Just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case.


Oh, yeah, that was pure poetic license. Sorry, she didn't loose a spell or anything.

Celene:
If you are going to just do this though you might as well just had us all act together instead of having individual rolls. Anyways post incoming.


Actually this was really important in deciding the layout of the battle map when the ambush was sprung. If one of the front light fighters had also rolled low, then Celene might have had some backup. Or if Celene had rolled better than the grappling choker then at least the sorceress would've gotten one spell off before being attacked.
Celene
 player, 1138 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 20:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
I can't think of a scenario currently where me waiting to act would hurt us. I'm sure there is one though. :)
Kassius
 player, 510 posts
 Hunter 4
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 01:03
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius steps into the room, and quickly surveys the area. "I believe this is what's called a target-rich environment." He mutters. Then, attending to the most urgent issue first, he knocks an arrow and fires upwards, trying to free Celene, or at least help her as best he can. The first shot misses, but using it as a tracer, his second shot is much better aimed.

Kibeti meanwhile, very much does not like being called a "puwdy cat." Claws glowing with energy, the albino panther lashes out at his attacker, teeth and claws biting deep and painfully into the foe.




Kassius
19:59, Today: Kassius rolled 9,20,13,11 using 1d20+7,1d20+7,2d6+4,2d6+4.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot vs Choker

HP: 33/33  AC 19, Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 4/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger)

Kibeti
20:00, Today: Kibeti rolled 24,24,10,12,13,15 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+10,1d6+10,1d6+10.  smite attack (smite damage included, -5 from each attack if not evil)).
Swift Action:<b/>Smite man/wolf
<b>Full Round Action:
Full Attack M

HP: 27/36AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

This message was last edited by the player at 01:03, Tue 06 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2288 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 07:08
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene:
Celene attempts to cast a spell as she struggles against the creature holding her. It is to no avail as the spell fizzles. Even in an alternate future she isn't able to muster the concentration.


Dang. What spell was it going to be?

This is what the choker looks like BTW:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/s...php?408211-5e-Choker

http://www.funnyjunk.com/chann...zXLOf#f6c634_5458020

Kassius sends an arrow whizzing past Celene's cheek into the choker (11 hp). The creature grunts.

Kibeti hits with tooth and claw but Mange's enhanced skin is almost impossible to break through (5 hp). The wolf-man laughs. "Oh little puwdy cat. I am going to enjoy carving you up. Waaa-oooool!"
Angati
 PC, 740 posts
 Oracle 4
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 08:22
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Damn..." said Angati realising how badly they had sprung the trap. A surge of anger got to her and she felt as if her sight would start turning red any minute now... she wanted to kill these beasts.... painfully... smash them to bloody pulps and leave nothing of them. She realised she needed to cool down and keep her wits though so, breathing deeply she reined her thoughts and feelings.

'Ok... I need to let those that do damage... do their work... let's pray these guys are not as tough as they seem... ok... you shitty choker lets see you pee your pants' she thought as she started summoning the powers she held to cause fear onto the choker hoping it would release Celene.

Free : | Swft : | Move : B15 | Stnd : Cast Cause Fear
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cause-fear (I hope he is 5HD or less...) Will DC 15 Use MF if needed. We need Celene Free...
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamema...tions#TOC-Frightened

HP: 46 |  AC: 22 24 | CMD : 18 20 | Saves: 4/4/5 6/6/7
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Divine Favor (+2), Prot from Evil (37 rounds), Blur (20% miss)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 4/7 Sun Metal, Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour
      L1 Spells : 5/5 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon, Restoration Lesser
      Abilities : Misfortune, Fortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (2/3 minutes blur).

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2290 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 08:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Rrregla the choker is exactly 5HD :D

09:38, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 16 using 1d20+5.  Rrregle will save vs cause fear DC15.
09:38, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 14 using 1d20+5.  Rrregle will save vs cause fear DC15 REROLL.


The nightmarish creature holding Celene pauses as the spell hits it... then just tightens its grip until the sorceress is hopelessly stuck fast. Evil gleaming 'thorns' spring out of the tentacles and start stabbing the young cleric.

No, no, no. That won't do at all. Angati blinks and tries to find a better reality.

The nightmarish creature holding Celene pauses as the spell hits it... then gives a hoarse scream of terror and drops the sorceress. Celene falls to the ground clutching at her throat and gagging for breath. (She gains the 'PRONE' condition). The dark creature scuttles along the thick roof beams until it gets to a hole in the roof which it quickly runs out of.
Logan
 player, 671 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 14:42
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Fine," Logan snarled at the cowardly doppleganger.  "Alohan, we need to thin out targets fast.  Let's take down this bugbear first!"


Move: 5' Step to M9
Full Attack on Durok
I'd obviously like Alohan to flank with me; if he does, this is 35 damage vs AC 20; if he doesn't this is 13 damage vs AC 18.


HP: 33/33 AC: 23/16/19 F4 R11 W6 (Assuming evil attackers)
Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil (+2 AC, +2 Saves vs Evil) 35 rounds
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC) 295 rounds

09:41, Today: Logan rolled 22 using 6d6.  Sneak Attack Damage.
09:41, Today: Logan rolled 6 using 1d6.  Short Sword Damage.
09:41, Today: Logan rolled 7 using 1d6+5.  Rapier Damage.
09:40, Today: Logan rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Short Sword Attack.
09:40, Today: Logan rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Rapier Attack.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2292 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 14:49
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Okay, we'll wait and see if Ron thinks that is a good idea or not. FYI, this means Alohan has to therefore take his turn BEFORE Logan's attack.
Logan
 player, 672 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 15:57
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 131):

I realize that, but Logan does a *lot* more damage if he can sneak attack, and I figure it's worth the risk if we can take down Durok faster.
Celene
 player, 1141 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 16:01
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
All either of you need to do to make it happen is 5' shift right?
Logan
 player, 673 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 16:20
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene:
All either of you need to do to make it happen is 5' shift right?

Yeah, I did a 5' step.  I just need Alohan to take a step back.
Alohan Nuari
 player, 575 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Tue 6 Dec 2016
at 18:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
The native wasn't paying attention. The trap had caught him completely off guard and the arrow slamming into his thigh threatened to spill him to the floor. His strength was sapped immediately- every heartbeat pounded in his ear and his muscles screamed for mercy. He stifled back a yawn, and had to use his taiaha to keep from pitching over.

Regardless of his physical condition, he nodded to Logan and steps to his right. As his lithe friend carved into the bugbear, Alohan timed his attacks but the wave of nausea caused him to be slow and clumsy. He fell, to the floor, too broken and battered to pick himself. The bugbear turned to him, lifted his maul, and....

----
Alohan jumped back, the arrow lodging into a less fleshy portion of his leg. The rune magic drained him of his energy but he steeled himself against the oncoming wave of nausea. Rather than drained, Alohan was a bit tired... light headed.

Regardless of his physical condition, he nodded to Logan and steps to his right. As his lithe friend carved into the bugbear, Alohan timed his attacks, smacking the bugbear with intent.
13:47, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 13 using 1d20+8 ((5)), CON SAVE ME.
15:18, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 25 using 1d20+8.  MF con save..
13:57, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 14,2,9,4 using 1d20+5,1d10,1d20+5,1d6 ((9,2,4,4)), Fatigued FOB new numbers are 16,4,11,6

Standard Action: Fatigued FOB
Move Action: 5ft M11 (to the right for flank)
Free/Swift Action:

HP:  20/45(RGE)  AC: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2))   CMD: 21  | 23 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+1
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: Delay to last for Logan. -6 penalty to Strength and Dexterity  –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity

This message was last edited by the player at 20:27, Tue 06 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2293 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 06:35
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Between the two of them, Alohan and Logan cut the bugbear barbarian into shreds. The toothless wonder goes down without even being able to activate his rage. "I'm... gunna... mwash you..." are his last choked words before Logan shoves his magic rapier into his neck.

"Hey, they got Durok," says Mange, a slight look of worry appearing on his face in between swinging his own rapier at Kibeti.

"Good ridence!" says Grimgraj as he studies Alohan, looking for an opening. "He was a pussy anyway. Scimshaw, take out their rogue," bellows the hobgoblin monk up into the rafters. It appears that neither of them are aware of Rrregle's situation yet.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND FIVE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 20/45 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 45/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 38/38 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 27/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf): <MF USED> -5
Grimgraj (Hobgoblin Monk): <MF NOT USED>
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle): <MF NOT USED>
Rrregle the Gasper (Choker): <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -11

(De-)Buffs
Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 37
Divine Favour to round 10
Time Flicker to round 50

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 50

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND FIVE>

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:41, Wed 07 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2295 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 07:09
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: I didn't have time for a map update last night so you'll have to use your imaginations. Logan has moved to M9, Alohan is in M11 and Durok is dead. Beni post said that Angati moved to B15, but she wouldn't have been able to get that far without a double move, so let's says she is in G11. The other characters and NPC's have not moved.

OOC: Does Logan have soft cover when Scimshaw fires on him from L19? Not a straight forward question due to the effect of the elevation, but I am ruling that he does.


The ivory gargoyle fires two of the exhausting arrows at Logan. They are good shots, but the rogue knows they are coming and dodges them both. They implode into the wall, their magical runes becoming inert.

Mange hits Kibeti again (5 hp).

"Humph," grunts Grimgraj. "I guess I'll go take out the rogue myself then." He glances down at the fatigued Alohan who is struggling to stay on his feet. "Not like I need to waste anymore time on this one..."

He hops off the top of the high table, strolls along behind Mange, then jumps back on further down (L9). Then he tries to plant a kick on to the back of Logan's head.

It's a good kick - the impact jerks Logan's head forward and makes his teeth rattle in his head (6 hp).

OOC: DC15 fort save pls Logan or you are stunned and miss your next turn.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2296 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 07:12
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
<END OF MAD GUYS' ROUND FIVE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 20/45 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Angati  HP: 45/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 32/38 <MF NOT USED> <STUNNED?>
Celene  HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 22/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf): <MF USED> -5
Grimgraj (Hobgoblin Monk): <MF NOT USED>
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle): <MF NOT USED>
Rrregle the Gasper (Choker): <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -11

(De-)Buffs
Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 37
Divine Favour to round 10
Time Flicker to round 50

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 50

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300


<START OF CHARACTERS' ROUND SIX

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:55, Wed 07 Dec 2016.

Angati
 PC, 742 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 09:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati looked at Alohan and Logan, her head spinning with options and future outcomes that didn't quite finish up materialising, her perception of things, at times like this was a bitch and made her head spin... the headache she knew she'd have later on would be quite something... but now... what to do ? heal Alohan some or provide a flank to Logan ?.

"Frack it" her peculiarly unladylike language coming to her as it was usual in this situation... 'he is a fucking monk, wake up.. if he turns to you, you'll be screwed... better Alohan to manage that... better help him... '.

She decided to stay where she was, though... being centered might become useful later on... energies concentrated around her, and focused on Omi, as the little rhagoddessa scurried all the way to Alohan and touched him transferring the healing to the man.

Free : | Swft : | Move : | Stnd : Cast CMW

HP: 46 |  AC: 22 24 | CMD : 18 20 | Saves: 4/4/5 6/6/7
10:07, Today: Angati rolled 13 using 2d8+5.  CMW on Alohan.
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Divine Favor (+2), Prot from Evil (37 rounds), Blur (20% miss)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 4/7 Sun Metal, Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour
      L1 Spells : 4/5 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon, Restoration Lesser
      Abilities : Misfortune, Fortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (2/3 minutes blur).

This message was last edited by the player at 09:08, Wed 07 Dec 2016.

Celene
 player, 1143 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 12:30
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene rubs at her neck as she stands up. She takes a deep breath clearing her head and finally focuses on the battle in front of her. The archer could cause the most damage with the least repercussions. She spotted him in the rafters and aimed a spell into the ceiling. Purple particles filled the area adhering to the alabaster form of the gargoyle.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : Stand up | Stnd : Cast Glitterdust | Full :

Casting Glitterdust on Scrimshaw. DC 19 Will or be blinded.


HP:  25/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 7/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16), Cause Fear,
                  Charm person (DC 17), Grease (DC 18), Sleep (DC 17),
                  Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 4/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (7/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (5/5),
                  Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2297 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 13:14
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
14:11, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 12 using 1d20+6.  Scrimshaw will save vs glitterdust DC19.

OOC: G'damn glitterdust. I am going to ban that shit from this game! :P

The two spots of glowing red light that are Scrimshaw's eyes dull as the purple motes start spinning around his head. He lowers his bow and starts backing along the rafter towards a hole in the roof tiles.

"I'm out," he says in a hoarse crumbly whisper. "See you at the fallback point."
Logan
 player, 675 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 14:12
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan laughs as his blood-slicked blades pull out of the hobgoblin.  "Ha!  That's how we do it in Shadowshore!"  The rogue nimble avoids the incoming arrows, and manages to avoid the worst of Grimgraj's attack, as well.

Logan hops back up onto the table, flanking the new arrival with Kibeti,  Blades flashing, he advances on the monk.  "Now let's see if you can stand up to as much pain as your friend!"

Move: 5' Step to L8
Full Attack on Grimgraj.  16 damage vs AC 22.  Grimgraj is also Disoriented if this hits.  He has -2 on all attacks, and -4 versus Logan.
Made Fort Save


HP: 27/33 AC: 23/16/19 F4 R11 W6 (Assuming evil attackers)
Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil (+2 AC, +2 Saves vs Evil) 34 rounds
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC) 294 rounds

09:08, Today: Logan rolled 16 using 4d6+5.  Rapier Damage.
09:08, Today: Logan rolled 11 using 1d20+7.  Short Sword Attack.
09:08, Today: Logan rolled 22 using 1d20+8.  Rapier Attack.
09:00, Today: Logan rolled 19 using 1d20+2.  DC15 Fort Save.

10:23, Today: Logan rolled 10 using 1d20+4.  Know: Local for Werewolf.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:23, Wed 07 Dec 2016.

Celene
 player, 1144 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 14:26
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Does anyone have knowledge local to identify the weaknesses of the werewolf?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2299 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 18:50
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Grimgraj reels back, almost falling off the table as the rapier sinks into his flesh (16 hp & disorientated).

OOC: Just Kassius and Kibeti left.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2300 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 19:18
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Oh, and Alohan too if he wants!


Updated mid-turn map
Alohan Nuari
 player, 577 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 20:13
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Like a man frustrated at the world, Alohan slowly climbs up onto the table and begins swinging widely. He almost hits a couple times but the universe makes sure he doesnt. What was  the curse? Was this something he said? Someone he did? He looked back and Virin, cursing the creature for no apparent reason.

15:10, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 11,3,18,6 using 1d20+7,1d10+2,1d20+7,1d6+2 ((4,1,11,4)), FOB on M.

Standard Action: FOB on K10
Move Action: 5ft L11
Free/Swift Action:

HP:  33/45  AC: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2))   CMD: 21  | 23 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+1
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity

This message was last edited by the player at 23:53, Wed 07 Dec 2016.

Kassius
 player, 512 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 23:09
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Recognizing the foe, Kassius reaches into a special compartment in his quiver, taking out the arrows that had been specially prepared for such an emergency. Then he fires, hitting with the second arrow and smiling in satisfaction as the silver hissed and penetrated the magically enhanced skin.

Kibeti continues his attacks as well, doing little damage.



Kassius
18:06, Today: Kassius rolled 12,21,10,11 using 1d20+7,1d20+7,2d6+4,2d6+4.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot vs. werewolf (using silver-blanched arrows

HP: 33/33  AC 19, Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 4/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger)
Silver Arrows left: 5/7

Kibeti
18:07, Today: Kibeti rolled 8,24,9,15,12,13 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+10,1d6+10,1d6+10.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Swift Action:<b/>Smite werewolf
<b>Full Round Action:
Full Attack M

HP: 22/36AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2302 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 06:42
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan manages to wack Mange with the butt of his taiaha - but it does no damage.

Kibeti claws at the werewolf furiously and connects with a claw, but makes little more than a scratch on the creature's hide (2 hp).

Kassius has much more success. His second shot lands an arrow into the wild-haired wolfman's side (11 hp). Mange screams. "Grimgraj, they've got silver! Frac it, that wasn't part of the deal!" The werewolf starts backing away.

The multi-pierced hobgoblin monk growls. He is still spinning around trying to catch his balance after Logan's disorientating attack. "Don't you turn sissy Mange. The boss will skin you alive if you run and he catches you. And he WILL catch you."

Mange whimpers and looks at Kassius. With a forlorn battlecry he charges the hunters (thereby activating AoO's from: Alohan, Kibeti, Angati and Celene! Moves to A10).

"No, no, you mug! Turtle up!" screams Grimgraj, but it is too late. The terrified werewolf is off to try and stop the source of his pain.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIX>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 20/45 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Angati  HP: 45/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 22/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf): <MF USED> -5 -2 -11
Grimgraj (Hobgoblin Monk): <MF NOT USED> -16 <DISORIENTATED>
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle): <MF NOT USED> <BLINDED>
Rrregle the Gasper (Choker): <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -11

(De-)Buffs
Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 37
Divine Favour to round 10
Time Flicker to round 50

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 50

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIX>

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:47, Thu 08 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2303 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 07:03
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Mange sprints across the room, his lupine legs allowing him to cross the distance with ease and his magical skin meaning he ignores most of the attacks his charge triggers. He is still screaming his battle cry when he reaches the hunter and brings his rapier down in a big two handed over-head swing. He connects with Kassius' shoulder (8 hp).

Grimgraj regains his footing a little, although he is still a little winded from the rogues attack (-2 to attack rolls, -4 to attacks against Logan). He spins around and kicks at Kibeti, but the cat easily dodges them.

Scrimshaw spends the round trying to clear the purple motes from his eyes as he crawls along a rafter to the exit.

OOC: Celene has in a very sportsmanlike manner pointed out to me that you get to attempt to save against glitterdust at the end of each round, so I have been playing it a little wrong.
07:56, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Scrimshaw will save vs glitterdust DC19.
07:57, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Scrimshaw will save vs glitterdust DC19 REROLL.

Although it takes the entire round, he is able to shake Celene's magic off and even Angati's intervention can't stop that. The albino gargoyle looks back at the melee, and see only the hobgoblin and the werewolf remaining. He shrugs and then continues moving towards the exit.

"I see you!" screams Grimgraj. "You're fine. Don't you run you little pussy!"

Scimshaw waves his hands around as though unable to see, continues to the exit and leaves.

"FRAAAAAAK!" screams Grimgraj.

<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIX>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 20/45 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Angati  HP: 45/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 25/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 22/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf): <MF USED> -5 -2 -11 <CHARGED>
Grimgraj (Hobgoblin Monk): <MF NOT USED> -16

(De-)Buffs
Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 37
Divine Favour to round 10
Time Flicker to round 50

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 50

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300


<START OF BAD PLAYERS' ROUND SEVEN>
Angati
 PC, 744 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 07:51
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Alohan has 33HP.  (I had healed him 13hp last round).

Angati tried to hit the werewolf as it passed by her, and managed to scratch the werewolf's back as it went by. Time was of the essence, and she wanted to get rid of them as soon as possible, so, she tried the same trick as before trying to make the werewolf quiver in fear.

Free : | Swft : | Move : | Stnd : Cause Fear
08:49, Today: Angati rolled 22,8 using 1d20+9,1d4+6.  Angati Cestus AoO.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cause-fear DC 16

HP: 46 |  AC: 22 24 | CMD : 18 20 | Saves: 4/4/5 6/6/7
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Divine Favor (+2), Prot from Evil (37 rounds), Blur (20% miss)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 3/7 Sun Metal, Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour
      L1 Spells : 4/5 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon, Restoration Lesser
      Abilities : Misfortune, Fortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (2/3 minutes blur).

This message was last edited by the player at 09:46, Thu 08 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2304 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 09:06
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati hits Mange but inflicts no damage... and her spell has no effect on him.


OOOC: Sorry buddy, he is 7 HD.
Angati
 PC, 745 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 09:46
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Damn next level I'll need to switch that spell for another thing... it becomes useless already.
Logan
 player, 680 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 14:45
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan smirks as his attacks Grimgraj again.  "Not so tough now that your allies are leaving, eh?  That's the trouble of working with villains.  Why don't you just confirm that Victor is your boss and we can get this over with and save the girl?"

Move:
Full Attack on Grimgraj.  Critical threat, but probably not a hit.
31 damage vs AC 16, 28 damage vs AC 21, 11 damage vs AC 26
 Grimgraj is Disoriented again.  He has -2 on all attacks, and -4 versus Logan.


HP: 27/33 AC: 23/16/19 F4 R11 W6 (Assuming evil attackers)
Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil (+2 AC, +2 Saves vs Evil) 33 rounds
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC) 293 rounds

09:42, Today: Logan rolled 3 using 1d6.  Short Sword Crit?
09:42, Today: Logan rolled 11 using 4d6.  Short Sword Damage.
09:42, Today: Logan rolled 17 using 4d6+5.  Rapier Damage.
09:41, Today: Logan rolled 16 using 1d20+7.  Short Sword Crit Confirm.
09:41, Today: Logan rolled 26 using 1d20+7.  Short Sword Attack.
09:41, Today: Logan rolled 21 using 1d20+8.  Rapier Attack.

Celene
 player, 1149 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 15:40
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene stepped forward and loosed another gout of flame towards the gaseous werewolf. It never came close to the target instead splashing onto the stone floor.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : Within 30' of cloud | Stnd : Flame Lance | Full :

3:54, Today: Celene rolled 5 using 1d20+2.  Ranged Touch Attack.



HP:  25/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 7/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16), Cause Fear,
                  Charm person (DC 17), Grease (DC 18), Sleep (DC 17),
                  Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 4/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (5/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (5/5),
                  Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:57, Sat 10 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2306 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 20:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan:
Logan smirks as his attacks Grimgraj again.  "Not so tough now that your allies are leaving, eh?  That's the trouble of working with villains.  Why don't you just confirm that Victor is your boss and we can get this over with and save the girl?"


Grimgraj stares up at Logan, his lips moving but no words coming out. Then the rogue realises the problem - his rapier and short sword are plunged through the hobgoblin's body and poking out the other side. The monk will answer no further questions. He slips off the Shadowshore rogue's blade and falls to the floor (28 hp damage - damn Logan is a fragile damage producing machine!).

Celene takes a step back and then shoots a purple jet of flame over the half man's back (8 hp damage). He screams as his shirt catches on fire.
Kassius
 player, 514 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 03:12
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kibeti nips at Mange's heals as he runs past.

Kassius grunts in pain at the blow and steps back, out of the werewolf's reach. Drawing two more silver arrows, he fires quickly, trying to put the beast down before it takes him down. However, the speed and ferocity of the werewolf had him off balance, and his aim was poor.

Fortunately, Kibeti is there as always, charging in to distract and harass Mange in Kassius' defense.



Kassius
22:09, Today: Kassius rolled 11,15,15,9 using 1d20+8,1d20+8,2d6+4,2d6+4.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
22:11, Today: Kassius rolled 14,10 using 1d20+8,2d6+4.  misfortune reroll. (rerolling first shot)
Free Action: Five foot step away from M
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot

HP: 25/33  AC 19, Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 4/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger)

Kibeti
22:08, Today: Kibeti rolled 17,15 using 1d20+5,1d6+10.  AoO.
22:11, Today: Kibeti rolled 26,15 using 1d20+7,1d6+10.  charge attack (bite) attack, damage.
Full Round Action:Charge M

HP: 27/36AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2308 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 07:47
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius misses. Kibeti rakes his claws across the werewolf's back but yet again finds it hard to break through the man's skin (5 hp).

OOC: Alohan still to play in this round.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2309 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 10 Dec 2016
at 15:38
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: I'm going to roll for Alohan to move things along.

Alohan charges into the combat, hitting Mange with a glancing blow (a hit but minimum damage rolled). He doesn't scratch the werewolf.

Mange take a few feet back, aware from Kibeti and Alohan and close to Kassius. He grabs a potion from his belt and drinks it with one gulp (not triggering an AoO from Kassius since the hunter is equipped with a melee weapon). Before their eyes the werewolf starts to dissolve into a foggy cloud. He points at Vrinn.

"He is going to skin you alive you freak. You know that right. Literally skin you alive."

The doppelganger swallows hard. "Please tell him I am sorry Mange, okay! I had no choice!" pleads the cowardly changeling.

OOC: So Mange is still on the map, but now gaseous. You do get a round to attack, although it will be tough to damage him:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG...lls/gaseousForm.html
Angati
 PC, 746 posts
 Oracle 4
Sat 10 Dec 2016
at 22:14
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati decided against loosing time on the fight... some had already fled, so the damage was done, it was best to run to her sister now. "Where is Zelina?" she asked Vrinn... "Quick !!! tell me where she is, lead us to her quick !"


Free : | Swft : | Move : | Stnd : Cause Fear
08:49, Today: Angati rolled 22,8 using 1d20+9,1d4+6.  Angati Cestus AoO.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cause-fear DC 16

HP: 46 |  AC: 22 24 | CMD : 18 20 | Saves: 4/4/5 6/6/7
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Divine Favor (+2), Prot from Evil (37 rounds), Blur (20% miss)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 3/7 Sun Metal, Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour
      L1 Spells : 4/5 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon, Restoration Lesser
      Abilities : Misfortune, Fortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (2/3 minutes blur).

Kassius
 player, 515 posts
 Hunter 4
Sat 10 Dec 2016
at 23:19
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius keeps firing, the magical bow and silvered arrows ripping into the now translucent werewolf's flesh.
Kibeti keeps up the attacks as well, despite the previous demonstrated inability to do much damage.




Kassius
18:14, Today: Kassius rolled 26,9,10,13 using 1d20+8,1d20+8,2d6+4,2d6+4.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
(10 magical, silver damage vs AC 26)
Free Action: Five foot step away from M
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot

HP: 25/33  AC 19, Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 4/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 4/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger)
Silvered Arrows: 1/7

Kibeti
18:16, Today: Kibeti rolled 15,14,15,14,11,11 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+10,1d6+10,1d6+10.  attack, damage.
(after DR, 5 damage vs AC 15, 6 damage vs AC 14)
Free Action:<b> Five-foot step to M
<b>Full Round Action:
Full Attack M

HP: 27/36AC 19, Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Celene
 player, 1150 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 17:13
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Posting from my phone I managed to edit my last round action with the current rounds action. I had thought RPOL had just swallowed my post. Here it is again. I missed.

Celene stepped forward and loosed another gout of flame towards the gaseous werewolf. It never came close to the target instead splashing onto the stone floor.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : Within 30' of cloud | Stnd : Flame Lance | Full :

3:54, Today: Celene rolled 5 using 1d20+2.  Ranged Touch Attack.



HP:  25/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 7/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16), Cause Fear,
                  Charm person (DC 17), Grease (DC 18), Sleep (DC 17),
                  Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 4/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (5/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (5/5),
                  Channeling (3/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

Alohan Nuari
 player, 579 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 17:20
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan follows the gaseous wolf to the best of his ability. His mind spun and his muscles ached at the rune magic still sapping his strength. He wanted to pause and examine the wound but he needed to at least keep up appearances. He jogged after the wolf and swung with his taiaha, unsurprisingly missing as the gaseous form took evasive maneuvers.
12:15, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 9,11 using 1d20+7 1d10+2 ((2,9)), Attack on the Gas.

Standard Action: Pass the Gas
Move Action: get me to where I need
Free/Swift Action:

HP:  33/45(RGE)  AC: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2))   CMD: 21  | 23 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+1
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: -6 penalty to Strength and Dexterity  –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity

This message was last edited by the player at 17:21, Mon 12 Dec 2016.

Logan
 player, 684 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 17:21
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan grimaces as their combatants flee.  "Bah, bunch of half-rate thugs.  I hope Victor  bought your loyalty on the cheap, given how cowardly you all are!  Be blacklisted if you ever tried to work in a proper Shadowshore gang this way!"  More out of anger than anything else, that rogue made one final attack with his rapier at the retreating werewolf.


Move: Somewhere next to Mange
Standard: Attack Mange, with just Rapier.  Magical, so it bypasses the DR of the Gaseous Form, but not the Werewolf Silver.  9 damage vs AC 19.


HP: 27/33 AC: 23/16/19 F4 R11 W6 (Assuming evil attackers)
Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Current Buffs: Protection from Evil (+2 AC, +2 Saves vs Evil) 32 rounds
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC) 292 rounds

12:18, Today: Logan rolled 9 using 1d6+5.  Rapier Damage.
12:17, Today: Logan rolled 19 using 1d20+8.  Rapier Attack.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:29, Mon 12 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2311 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 19:14
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius sends a pair of silver arrows into the gaseous form of the werewolf and actually manages to hit with one of them (10 hp). Mange screams, then stars swirling up into the air. Logan and Alohan join the combat just in time to take great jumping lunges into the air - they achieve nothing. Celene sends her flame wide.

Logan:
Logan grimaces as their combatants flee.  "Bah, bunch of half-rate quotes..."


OOC: Huh? Quotes?

Angati:
Angati decided against loosing time on the fight... some had already fled, so the damage was done, it was best to run to her sister now. "Where is Zelina?" she asked Vrinn... "Quick !!! tell me where she is, lead us to her quick !"


That was rounds 7 & 8.
Vrinn
 NPC, 8 posts
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 19:14
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Vrinn looks at the oracle with dismay. "Mistress Lidu, your niece is up on the roof of the old bell tower that stands directly beyond these doors. But you will never reach her! After Victor threatened to kill her with the 'Chimes of Midnight', he set out to do it very literally. Zelina Lidu is chained to a large bell which he has jury-rigged on the roof and he has set it up so the bell will be knocked off the tower with on the final stroke of midnight. I assume that if you make it close to the top before that time, he will merely set the mechanism in place a little earlier, and as his little band of crooks is reforming as we speak, they will be healed and ready for you again.  So there is no way to make it to the top of the tower and save her. And now... as I said I am a 'lover not a fighter' so I wish you good night and adieu."

Vrinn starts walking to the exit of the room, but the tears streaming out of Angati's face stop him. He stops. He bows his tall gangly frame a little, looking to all the world that he is going to cry as well. "Okay, just tell me what to do. What is the plan?"
Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 16 posts
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 19:18
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Meanwhile, up on the roof of the bell tower, Victor is giving his team a pep talk - sociopathic murderous madman style.

"This time you all fight to the death!" he screams, red-faced and with spittle flecking out of his mouth. "No excuses! If you run, I will find you and skin you alive."

His gang of misfits are chugging down potions of cure moderate wounds, except Rrregle who did have much to heal and is now puffing on a cigar. "Hey boss, I did just like you planned. I grabbed that blonde bimbo and was squeezing the life out of her. She didn't have much breath left in her, then that cleric turned up. Somebody else should have been taking care of the Lidu auntie."

"Yes, yes, she has some minor powers to cause fear. That was in the information pack I provided," mutters the super-sleuth darkly.

Mange gulps down a potion, swallows and then belches. All his wounds are now healed. "And that archer has silver arrows. Silver! He needs to be taken out. That was YOUR JOB Scimshaw." The werewolf looks at the ivory gargoyle and snarls bestially.

The gargoyle shows no signs of being intimidated but his eyes glow a darker red in the night.  He answers in a dull hiss. "I prioritized the barbarian as per the plan. The rogue was next, but proved a little more agile than anticipated. Then their mage hit me..."

"Forget the barbarian," bellows Viktor. "Focus on the little sorceress and the oracle. And the archer of course. And the rogue This was all in the info pack!!"

Grimgraj looks up, his potion of healing finished. "We need a defense in depth. We need to pick our targets carefully and take them down fast - isolate them as possible. I will stay up here with Victor and hold them at the top of the stairs. The rest of you do you thing... oh, and Mange... watch out for the silver, damn it! I saw that the archer has a whole quiver of those arrows left."

Mange paled and studied the marks from where the arrows had hit. Despite the healing, scars remained. "Frak it. If I get hit by one more silver weapon I swear by the gods I am out of here," he mutters.

"Die or be skinned alive!" bellows Victor. "I. SWEAR. IT," he adds, forgetting that the objective is actually to win.

The choker takes a deep drag on her cigar and puffs our a plume of noxious smoke. "Hey boss. Why not just get this over and done with." A barbed tenticle stretches up, up to the exposed neck of Zelina Lidu who lies pinned by adamantine chains spread-eagled over a large brass bell. The young woman tries to pull away from the creature's grasps but can do little more than issue a muffled sob through her gag.

"No!" commands Viktor. "This must be done properly. On the stoke of mid-night with the chiming of the bell."

His team give a collective sigh. "At least give us some backup then!" pleads Mange. "There just aren't enough of us!"

Victor smiles and pats his coat pocket. "Don't worry, I have a little surprise here for them. Oh, and of course there is also my new pet." He reaches out his arm and there is a piercing screech from somewhere out in the darkness. A noise like a large arrow in flight starts from across the square and then narrows in on the roof, suddenly a large silver shape appears out of the murk and lands on Victors wrist. The sleuth bends his elbow to bring the creature close to his face.

It is the Lidu falcon, the symbol of the greatest family in the city, but now alive and alert and with deep red eyes that seems to emanate menace. Victor begins laughing. A deep, hysterical laugh that just keeps going on and on. His men look at him.

"Fraak," mutters Grimgraj.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:18, Mon 12 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2312 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 19:20
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: So smart players, what plan must you guys have come up with for the preceding dialogue to make sense? :D
Logan
 player, 685 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 19:41
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Dungeon Master:
Kassius sends a pair of silver arrows into the gaseous form of the werewolf and actually manages to hit with one of them (10 hp). Mange screams, then stars swirling up into the air. Logan and Alohan join the combat just in time to take great jumping lunges into the air - they achieve nothing. Celene sends her flame wide.

Logan:
Logan grimaces as their combatants flee.  "Bah, bunch of half-rate quotes..."


OOC: Huh? Quotes?

Angati:
Angati decided against loosing time on the fight... some had already fled, so the damage was done, it was best to run to her sister now. "Where is Zelina?" she asked Vrinn... "Quick !!! tell me where she is, lead us to her quick !"


That was rounds 7 & 8.

Hmm, yeah, that was supposed to thugs or something.  I think that was a strange autocorrect or something.
Logan
 player, 693 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Wed 14 Dec 2016
at 14:30
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan looks to the shapechanger and starts to think.  "I wonder...I'm not sure anyone actually saw us kill Grimgraj.  You could sneak in, disguised as him, and turn the tables when we charge in.  I think we could mount a two-pronged assault.  We have some way of climbing the exterior, so one group could attack from inside the tower, one group from the walls.  Or maybe you could use the distraction from our attack to free Zelina from the bell tower."
Celene
 player, 1159 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Wed 14 Dec 2016
at 14:35
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene stepped up along side Logan she looked at the changeling "You seem ill suited to direct confrontation." she said to Vrinn "Are you capable in battle? How could you take advantage of them from within?" Celene directed her questions to the one eyed humanoid hoping he was more capable than he proved so far.
Vrinn
 NPC, 9 posts
Wed 14 Dec 2016
at 14:50
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan:
Logan looks to the shapechanger and starts to think.  "I wonder...I'm not sure anyone actually saw us kill Grimgraj.  You could sneak in, disguised as him, and turn the tables when we charge in.  I think we could mount a two-pronged assault.  We have some way of climbing the exterior, so one group could attack from inside the tower, one group from the walls.  Or maybe you could use the distraction from our attack to free Zelina from the bell tower."


"What? You're nuts!" exclaims Vrinn. "When I said 'let's make a plan', I didn't think it would be one that involved me committing suicide. Viktor is a maniac and the rest of them are unpredictable murderers, I'm not going up on that roof!"

Celene:
Celene stepped up along side Logan she looked at the changeling "You seem ill suited to direct confrontation." she said to Vrinn "Are you capable in battle? How could you take advantage of them from within?" Celene directed her questions to the one eyed humanoid hoping he was more capable than he proved so far.


"Ho, ho, ho!" laughs Vrinn. "Is this some sort of poor attempt at reverse physiology? Anyway, it is true that I don't usually get into direct physical confrontations - I am smarter than that. But I can take care of myself if I need to. And just let me add, if I get to strike first then whoever I hit isn't usually alive afterwards to start a 'direct confrontation'."

"As to how else I can help... well, I think I could put a spanner into the works of that bell contraption. I would need a bit longer to pick the lock or completely disable it mind you, but I could slow it down enough to allow the rest of you to get to the top."

"I should point out to those of you considering climbing the tower that it is quite a climb - eighty feet straight down Viktor said to torment Zelina. And that madman has made some sort of golem out of the Lidu Falcon. It flies around like a wasp, moving in and out of the darkness. It can apparently see very well in the dark and you would be sitting ducks while you climbed the tower..."

Celene
 player, 1164 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Thu 15 Dec 2016
at 13:18
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene seemed pleased with the changelings response she moved towards the dead hobgoblin and knelt down removing his boots "I assume we'll need these clothes to make the transformation convincing?" she said as she fell back onto her butt when the boot finally popped free. "I might be able to clean some of the blood away. There's far too much here for someone who hasn't bled out." Celene cast a spell quickly before she started on the other boot.

Also casting detect magic to see if the dead have anything useful on them.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:40, Thu 15 Dec 2016.

Angati
 PC, 752 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 15 Dec 2016
at 15:05
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati sighed, nodding "You are right, that would be unfair to ask... but if you can just pose as Grimjagg and jag the trap for Zelina so that it gives us the time we need... well, I think that is all I could hope to ask for...  just a second, before you go...".

Angati used a charge of Shield of Faith on Vrinn, "and... here, I think this may come useful if you need to convince them of anything, you will see it will be much more... hmmm convincing" she said putting a bit of the perfume on Vrinn.

Angati knew she was taking a big risk, trusting Vrinn so much, but she didn't have an option and she had always felt bad about what had happened to him in the first place.

OOC: Using 1 charge of perfume and 1 charge of the wand.
Alohan Nuari
 player, 584 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 00:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
All Alohan could muster for Vrinn was a wink. The world continued to swim for the Native and he was having problems focusing but from what he could recount of the plan Vrinn would be important. With aid of his weapon, Alohan leveraged himself up and peered at the tower above them. 'How many stairs did he say?' he asked himself. This was going to be a physical test.
Would appreciate the minute or two it takes for my fatigue to wear off but for the interest of time, I can understanding going in immediately

This message was last edited by the player at 00:30, Fri 16 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2322 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 07:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: So there is damage to be healed. Celene, do you want to use your channeling for the last time ever? :D

Alohan 12
Angati 1
Logan 6
Celene 0
Kassius 8
Kibeti 12

- Other than shield of faith and fancy perfume on Vrinn, are there no more buffs?
- I'm going to say that you wait the next 4½ minutes (45 rounds) for Alohan to recover from the fatigue, even if Angati fumes about it. Vrinn has made it clear that the madman intends to execute his plan on the stroke of midnight so they will still have 240 rounds to get to the top after that. I hope that will be enough :/ This also gives time for Vrinn to quickly change and then carry out his deception, and gives Ron a chance to have a decent level of participation in the combat.
- Normal matching order? Alohan, Angati, Logan, Celene, Kassius & Kibeti. Any particular plan for entering the next room? Bursting through at high speed or slow and cautious?


Angati:
Angati sighed, nodding "<Periwinkle>You are right, that would be unfair to ask... but if you can just pose as Grimjagg and jag the trap for Zelina so that it gives us the time we need... well, I think that is all I could hope to ask for...  Periwinkle>".

Vrinn
 NPC, 10 posts
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 07:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"<sigh> Fine. Life was getting boring anyway. Just make sure that you come and back me up after that nutter figures out who I am."

Celene:
Celene seemed pleased with the changelings response she moved towards the dead hobgoblin and knelt down removing his boots "I assume we'll need these clothes to make the transformation convincing?" she said as she fell back onto her butt when the boot finally popped free. "I might be able to clean some of the blood away. There's far too much here for someone who hasn't bled out." Celene cast a spell quickly before she started on the other boot.


Vrinn wrinkles his noise at the bloody garments. The hobgoblin monk wasn't wearing much - black silk pants and a dark cloak plus a pair of bracers. The silk pants have a long dark red stain on them from where Grimgraj's arterial blood spilt out of his chest. "Well, I have worn grosser clothes, but not often!" With a sigh he quickly puts on the pants, cloak and bracers, and then disappears through the door. The party hopes they can trust him because otherwise this is going to be the mother of all ambushes.

Celene:
Also casting detect magic to see if the dead have anything useful on them.


None of Durok's possesions shine, although his warhammer, studded leather armour and wooden shield look to be of good quality.

The only thing that shines on Grimgraj's body are his bracers. (Bracers of Armour +2). Of course Vrinn needs to put these on as part of his disguise. I will adjust his AC accordingly.
Celene
 player, 1166 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 15:40
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene calls upon Wee Jas to heal her allies once more. Seeing that both Kibeti and Alohan are still injured she uses her spells to heal each of them.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : | Stnd : | Full :

Total of 8 hp healed for Kassius, Angati, and Logan. 11 hp for Alohan. 15 hp for Kibeti.

10:28, Today: Celene rolled 6 using 1d6.  Channel.

10:28, Today: Celene rolled 2 using 2d6.  channel x2.

10:31, Today: Celene rolled 3 using 1d8+1.  Cure Light Wounds - Alohan.

10:32, Today: Celene rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  Cure Light Wounds - Kibeti

Celene will also cast Bless when they are at the bottom of the tower. Or further up if we can get closer before we are attacked.


HP:  25/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 7/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16), Cause Fear,
                  Charm person (DC 17), Grease (DC 18), Sleep (DC 17),
                  Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 4/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (5/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (5/5),
                  Channeling (0/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2323 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 19:53
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene heals them all up and casts bless on the party just before they head out with Alohan leading the way.

On the other side of the door they find a 40' by 25' room that rises 80' to a ceiling a dizzying height above. This must be the bell tower, but the original bells have long since fallen to their deaths, their rafters eaten away by the mould and termites that still plague this room. At the far end of the room is a rickety old metal spiral staircase. Its metallic materials mean that it has survived a little better than everything else in this room but not by much - it is covered in rust and is missing many uprights on the guardrail.

Without hesitating, they charge onto the stairs (I guess the party does this, I didn't get any information on this so I assume they try to get to the top as quickly as possible).

Viktor times the ambush perfectly. Once the final party member is on the stairs he screams out the command word to activate the two figures of wondrous power that are positioned on the 5th and 7th step. These expands into fully grown ferocious lions, which force their way either side of Logan - they immediately attack the thief. The rogue sees the lion above (#1) and dodges, meaning the animal misses him entirely... he doesn't see the lion behind him (#2) at all. The creature jumps on his back and bites down on his shoulder, crunching it with a hungry roar. The beast shows no sign of letting go soon. (16 hp - Lion #2 confirmed critical hit even with an MF reroll. As it hit with bite attack, it got a free grapple attempt with no AoO and was successful. Logan is now grappled).

Two arrows fly out of the darkness and thud into the metal stair an inch from Alohan's foot. The barbarian looks up as he continues running up the stairs and see two glowing red eyes staring back at him. Scrimshaw is somewhere up in the rafters 80' feet odd above him. Of course the crafty gargoyle has positioned himself so that even once Alohan gets to the top, he will still be safely out of reach.

Manage appears at the bottom of the stairs - another potion of invisibility no doubt - and tries to squewer Kibeti with his rapier. Even flatfoot, the cat manages to dodge.

Rrregla also appears... she is actually hanging off the outside of the spiral staircase about 10' above the ground. Her long arms reach for Celene and the sorceress has to push herself hard up against the central column of the stairway to avoid being entangled (grapple attempt unsuccessful! - due to Rrrelga's position, she may not take AoO's).
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2324 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 20:02
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

Here is the ground floor of the room. I can't show positions on here unless your are on the ground.


Here is a schematic of the spiral staircase. The top is at altitude 80', i.e. segment #32 at 160' distance.

You can jump off the staircase very easily since the guardrails are low and flimsy - just find our your altitude and make the necessary acrobatics checks and damage rolls. Round the altitude up when doing this.

You have line of sight two steps up or down from your current position. If there are friendlies in your light of sight then the enemy gets soft cover fi you're using missile weapons.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2325 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 20:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 45/45 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 46/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED> <GRAPPLED>
Celene  HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #1 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF NOT USED>
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <GRAPPLED>

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED>
Rrregle the Gasper (Choker) AC:21/T17/F17 <MF USED>
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>


(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY>

Angati, your protection from evil, divine favour and time flicker have expired. Just let me know if you want to recast before you go into battle.

Likewise for Kassius, your gravity bow expired, and Logan, your protection from evil has also ended.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:15, Sun 18 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2326 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 16 Dec 2016
at 20:19
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius, Angati & Alohan, can you please add your flatfooted and touch AC's to your status block.

Logan can you please add your CMD to your statblock.

Logan
 player, 696 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Sat 17 Dec 2016
at 01:56
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"I'm supposed to be doing the flanking, not caught in the middle!"  Logan hops over the railing, falling to the ground and maneuvering to put Mange between himself and Kibeti, drawing his silver dagger in the process.  "Hey, Wolfman!  Want some of this?"


Move: Jump off, use acrobatics
Move: Draw Silver Dagger, move to Flank Mange


HP: 27/33 (1 NL) AC: 23/16/19 CMD:17  F4 R11 W6

Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC)

20:53, Today: Logan rolled 15 using 1d20+12.  Acrobatics check for fall.
20:54, Today: Logan rolled 1 using 1d6.  Non-lethal falling damage.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2328 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 17 Dec 2016
at 10:09
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan:
Logan hops over the railing, falling to the ground and...


OOC: Woah! Hold on there sport! You are the defending in a grapple started by lion #2 in the last round. This savage beast is currently hanging off your back, trying to tear your throat out with its bite and racking its claws along your stomach. Your options are:

A) attempt to become the controller in the grapple using a standard action.
B) attempt to break free as a standard action
C) do any action that doesn't require two hands, i.e. you could attack with a one handed weapon such as your rapier. You'd make this attack at -2 to hit, don't forget you are blessed
D) although it is not explicitly mentioned in the rules, you could 'play dead'. Don't lions only attack live prey? Shit, or is that bears? Anyway, it could be worth a shot.

I have changed the status blocks to show that lion #2 and Logan are grappled.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:12, Sat 17 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2329 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sat 17 Dec 2016
at 10:18
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Carrying out Beni's orders here.

Angati starts casting a spell. This creates an opening for lion #1 to spin around from Logan and attack her (AoO) but Angati just bashes it away with her shield and continues her spell.

From its position on top of Logan's back, lion #2 roars and then lets go of the thief,. It leaps off the stairs (3 hp non-lethal damage) and starts running out of the room. (It triggers an AoO from Logan Celene if you guys want to take it).

OOC: This lion will be <FRIGHTENED> for two rounds.

OOC: Dang. So now Logan's move is totally valid! Okay, please ignore my earlier post John, you can now jump down and go after Mange.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:28, Sat 17 Dec 2016.

Logan
 player, 697 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Sat 17 Dec 2016
at 17:53
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Dungeon Master:
OOC: Dang. So now Logan's move is totally valid! Okay, please ignore my earlier post John, you can now jump down and go after Mange.

Excellent, all my plans are falling into place perfectly.
Kassius
 player, 518 posts
 Hunter 4
Sat 17 Dec 2016
at 22:59
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
I would have re-cast gravity bow before entering the room.

Kassius hates fights like this. Cramped, chaotic, and close-range, he has a great difficulty finding any targets. The one foe he can see is the choker, hanging next to him outside the stairs. Bracing against the railing, Kassius stumbles awkwardly, causing the first shot to go awry. The second fires true, nailing Rrregle.

Kibeti meanwhile attacks Mange furiously, despite the werewolf's resistance to his attacks.



Kassius
17:54, Today: Kassius rolled 11,28,8,12 using 1d20+8,1d20+8,2d6+4,2d6+4.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
17:54, Today: Kassius rolled 19,24 using 1d20+8,4d6+8.  confirm crit.
Swift Action: Activate Animal Focus
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot

HP: 33/33  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger)

Kibeti
17:57, Today: Kibeti rolled 6,10,20,12,11,14 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+10,1d6+10,1d6+10.  full attack (smite still active).
Full Round Action:Full Attack M

HP: 36/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2335 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 18 Dec 2016
at 09:04
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
The second shot hits Rrrelga's throat and passes right through, some of the fletching being stripped off as the arrow as it rips out the back of her head. A confused look appears on the choker's face as she tries to breathe but can't. She lets got of the railing with both hands and clutches frantically at her throat, falling slowly unto the floor below. Once there she becomes a writhing patch of tentacles.

OOC: Nerve reaction only. Very dead.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2337 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 18 Dec 2016
at 09:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius:
I would have re-cast gravity bow before entering the room.


OOC: Roger that.

Kibeti attacks ferociously, but does little damage (4 hp).
Alohan Nuari
 player, 585 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Sun 18 Dec 2016
at 18:56
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"I get ahead and get de Archer!" Alohan screamed. Perhaps aiding Angati against one of the lions would have been wiser but the Native knew the combined force of the others would make short work of  the animated creature. He was feeling the pressure of the ambush. They needed to get off of these stairs.

High above him -at the apex of the staircase- that damn gargoyle. He grit his teeth and charged up the stairs.

Standard Action: Get up the stairs
Move Action: Get up the stairs
Free/Swift Action:

HP:  45/45()  AC: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2))   FFoot: 17(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)) TOUCH: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)) CMD: 21  | 23 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+1
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: Okay -plan is to get to the top of the stairs and use my Ring of Jumping to grapple Scrimshaw and pull him from his vantage point. Then pummel his face off his face. I am nervous tho cause I dont want to get to the top by myself. If Alohan sees the rest of Viktor's crew is at the top waiting for him, ill retreat.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:57, Sun 18 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2338 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 18 Dec 2016
at 19:34
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan Nuari:
Okay -plan is to get to the top of the stairs and use my Ring of Jumping to grapple Scrimshaw and pull him from his vantage point.


???!!! - but Scrimshaw is perched on a rafter 80' up in the air! You can try and tackle him if you want to, but dragging him from the beam would be a disaster for you both.

Alohan Nuari:
I am nervous tho cause I dont want to get to the top by myself. If Alohan sees the rest of Viktor's crew is at the top waiting for him, ill retreat.


Well, Vrinn gave you a run down of the crew that Viktor was running with and Alohan knows who must be left at the top: Viktor, Vrinn impersonating Grimgraj and the animated Silver Falcon. Not impossible odds, and maybe better than staying on the stairs until Scrimshaw manages to hit you with one of those fatiguing arrows.

Alohan has to run 115', or 23 squares to get to the top. Since his movement rate is 40'/round or 8 squares/round, if he does a triple move he can make it.

That all said, I would LOVE to see him use the ring of jumping and tackle Scrimshaw up in the rafters. That would be EPIC!!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2339 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 18 Dec 2016
at 19:42
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

Updated battle map. Alohan is at the top of the stairs being a hero. Celene still to play.
Celene
 player, 1172 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 16:42
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene draws on the power within her and sends it coursing through her arms and out through her outstretched hands. Purple flames spread out in a fan from her fingertips.

Edited my stat block to remove that spell. Still used a 1st level spell. Still use the misfortune to roll again.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : None | Stnd : Cast Burning Hands | Full :

Casting Burning Hands Reflex DC 16 or take 9 damage. Successful save takes 4 damage.

15:54, Today: Celene rolled 9 using 4d4.  Fire Damage.


HP:  25/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 6/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16),
                  Charm person (DC 17), Grease (DC 18), Sleep (DC 17),
                  Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 4/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (5/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (5/5),
                  Channeling (0/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:55, Mon 19 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2341 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 20:46
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene:
Celene draws in her will and kindles a purple fire within her. She channels in out through her facial features causing her eyes to flare with a dull purple light. She sends visions of the lion dying various horrible deaths into the mind of the great cat.


OOC: Hang on. Can Celene cast 'cause fear' as well?

The lion pauses and shakes its head, try to clear out the terrible image that has been placed in its head. It succeeds, and advances on Celene.

Angati blinks. In the new reality the spell works and the lion roars in fear before jumping over the railing and 20' down to the ground (well, okay, 17.5' down actually - 1 hp non-leathal taken, scared for 3 rounds).

Celene smiles, not realising the assistance that Angati provided and thinking she did it all herself, and starts running up the stairs after Alohan.


Celene burns the lion for 4 points of damage.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 45/45 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 46/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #1 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF NOT USED> <FRIGHTENED> -1NL -4
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>


(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-ONE>

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:27, Wed 21 Dec 2016.

Logan
 player, 699 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 20:59
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Behind Mange, Logan tried to stab his silver weapon into the werewolf, but narrowly missed his target.


Attack Mange, Miss

HP: 27/33 (1 NL) AC: 23/16/19 CMD:17  F4 R11 W6

Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC)

15:57, Today: Logan rolled 16 using 1d20+10.  Silver Dagger Attack vs Mange (Bless, Flanking).

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2342 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Manage moves to one side, escaping the flanked position between Logan and Kibeti - as least for a second. He swings at Kibeti as he moves but fails to hit.

"Oh frac it," he curses. "I knew those stupid statues would be worthless."

Logan:
"Hey, Wolfman!  Want some of this?"


The lycanthrope pales as he sees the silver coated weapon in Logan's grip. "You, you, you put that away," he stammers. "I mean it! I will slice you up little half-elf boy if you don't put that away."

From high up in his perch, Scrimshaw calmly reloads as he watches Alohan printing up the stairs two at a time. When the native makes it up onto the roof before he can take aim, the gargoyle doesn't give any sign of disappointment - it is all the same to him really.

Instead he shifts his aim to the secondary target - the unarmoured sorceress. She is running up much slower, and the creature only needs to aim slightly in front of her in order to allow for her speed. <swoosh!> <swoosh!> Two arrows fly towards the cleric and pass through her left shoulder. (10 hp damage). The red eyes of the gargoyle blink and up in the ceiling rafters he starts notching the next arrow.
Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 17 posts
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Up on roof, Viktor watches the progress of the combat with dismay. "Damn, damn, damnation!" he pulls a fancy gold watch on a long chain out of his pocket and looks at the time, then back down at the charging form of Alohan closing the distance on the stairs very fast. "Damnation! I will have to bring the timetable forwards. Damn them for making me do this wrong!"

The sleuth turns to Grimgraj. "Hold the barbarian at the top of the stairs while I start the mechanism," he instructs.

"Grimgraj" takes his positions at the top of the stairs and assumes a suitably martial looking pose. "Don't worry boss, I've got your back," he says without any trace of irony in his voice at all.

As Viktor turns away, the changling slips a dagger from his waist band and turns to follow him.

OOC: Okay, here's the deal. If Vrinn hits, then he stops Viktor flicking the switch that starts the mechanism that will send Angati's sister to her death in a couple of rounds. If he misses... well, then it starts.

22:04, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 9 using 1d20+8.  Vrinn sneak attack on Viktor.
OOC: I swear to God that I did not cheat on that!!! And you know me guys. I have killed Logan enough times that you know I don't mess around.

Hmm, although that just proves things the other way. Whatever! I didn't fudge the roll!

Angati can't use MF as she doesn't have LOS.


Vrinn raises the dagger high above his head and brings it down towards a spot at the bottom of Viktor's neck. At the last moment the inquisitor spins and deflect the blow which the tail of his cloak and then brings his own rapier up in a smooth motion and passes it into Vrinn's stomach. Viktor hugs the doppelganger close, and whispers into his ear. "Grimgraj is left handed, you complete and utter fraking moron." Vrinn whimpers in pain. (Okay, only 7 hp damage, so using a bit of poetic license here). Viktor snarls and kicks him off the blade, sending the bleeding changling cartwheeling back over the roof top. Viktor spins back around, his cape whirling around him, and walks the two yards over to the bell.

"Well Zelina, it looks like it is time for you to meet the 'Chimes of Midnight' my dear." The poor noblewoman looks down from her position bound on the big copper bell (it's about the size of the liberty bell) and cries out as best as she can through the gag. Viktor starts laughing a little but it quickly turns into a savage snarl. He flicks the switch and the mechanism around the bell begins to turn.

OOC: You have three rounds to get her free. You'd better hurry up those stairs people!

This message was last edited by the player at 21:18, Mon 19 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2343 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:21
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-ONE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 45/45 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 46/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  2/25 <MF NOT USED> <GRAPPLED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED> <PRONE>

Lion #1 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF NOT USED> <GRAPPLED>
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>


(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-ONE>

Despite Logan moving position to regain flanking on Mange, the werewolf is able to dodge the attack.

"I'm, I'm warning you! No more silver!" screams the wolfman.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:56, Tue 20 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2344 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:30
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

The stairs.


The roof-top.
Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 18 posts
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:44
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan finally reaches the top of the spiral stairs and steps out onto the roof.

The roof is a 40' square, slopping quite steeply away from a central peak. At this centre point stands some sort of ungainly contraption - a wooden pedestal looking like a cross between a hangman's gallows and a treehouse - with a large copper bell swinging off the central beam. There is a huge metal cogged wheel above the contraption, and this is starting to spin.

And chained to the bell with masterwork adamantine manacles is Zelina Lidu - heiress to the most powerful family in the city. She is sobbing heavily with her head slumped down on her chest, but looks up as Alohan arrives, making eye contact with the young prince through her tear stained eyes.

To one side of the staircase is the changling, now shifting back from the form of hobgoblin monk into his true grey skinned one-eyed state. The doppelganger is holding his side to stop the blood flowing out of a nasty wound in his stomach.

And in front of the bell stands Viktor Saint-Demain, a gleeful smirk on his face, and both hands on the top of his sword cane.


"Ahhh, our savage friend. Well, you are just in time to hear the chimes of midnight. And when you do I am afraid that this rather crude jury rigged contraption will collapse, sending our poor miss Lidu hurtling off the side of the tower." Viktor makes no move to arm himself and appears completely at ease with his superiority over the barbarian in the art of swordplay.

Alohan obviously can't judge the correctness of his claims on the mechanics, but judging by the steep roof (about 30° inclince) he can see that if the bell falls it will definitely roll. Looking to the sides of the roof he sees there are no handrails - it is a straight drop 80' down to certain death.

Just then the rain starts gain. Powerful drops lash the crumbling stone bell tower, splattering across the native's powerful naked torso. A jagged streak of lightning is visible for an instant before a massive peal of thunder crashes across the roof - the storm is right above them now. The barbarian is night blind for a second and while his eyes recover from the white flash, and he hears a piercing shriek coming from somewhere out in the night. He suddenly remembers Vrinn's description of Viktor's pet, and the night seems so much darker again.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2346 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 07:54
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Okay, this is from the previous round since Celene cast burning hands, and not cause fear.

Celene unleashes her spell on the lion, but it avoids most of the fire (4 hp damage).

The animal snarls and bounds down the stairs towards her, jumping at her from several steps above. The sorceress is knocked back as the lion lands on her and bites down hard on her shoulder (13 hp - max damage) and then hugs her in tight with its claws (free grapple attack is successful).

OOC: Also, Celene is now fatigued by the arrows that hit her. Also, please make 2 x DC16 fort saves or become exhausted. Also, she is now grappled.

Celene doesn't get to run up the stairs and is still on step 4. Lion #1 is on step 5.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:55, Tue 20 Dec 2016.

Celene
 player, 1176 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 13:03
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene struggles feebly in the lion's grasp.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : None | Stnd : Cast Grease on self | Full :

07:58, Today: Celene rolled 24 using 1d20+4.  Fort Save.

07:58, Today: Celene rolled 23 using 1d20+4.  Fort Save.

08:01, Today: Celene rolled 10 using 1d20+9.  Concentration DC 24.

Spell Failed even with reroll.

08:02, Today: Celene rolled 16 using 1d20+9.  Concentration MF reroll.

08:01, Today: Celene rolled 10 using 1d20+9.  Concentration DC 24.


HP:  02/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 5/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16),
                  Charm person (DC 17), Grease (DC 18), Sleep (DC 17),
                  Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 4/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (5/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (5/5),
                  Channeling (0/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

This message was last edited by the player at 16:03, Tue 20 Dec 2016.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 588 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 15:29
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
It was a surreal experience reaching the top of the bell tower only to find a younger, hotter, Angati strapped to a bell. The sheer direness of the situation gave him enough clarity to evaluate everything he could possibly do in this moment. Admittedly -it wasn't much. She was firmly attached to the chime and Alohan doubted he could tear her free without significantly damaging her. He thought maybe he would be able to stop the bell from pivoting and rolling off but doubted Victor was going to make it easy on him. There had to be another way.

While Victor went about his monologue, Alohan's hand drifted to his belt -specifically to the tangle of capped gourds and corked coconuts fixed to his side. Potions, salves, and greases he had used at one point or another. It was then that he developed an idea. Lather the Lidu girl up and pull her out of her chains. Some may say it was just an excuse to get his hands on a woman but Alohan would ignore those comments.

In order to do this, he needed help. He needed to draw Victor away. "Vrinn, my kapu." he began rushing over to the dobbleganger. "I be havin' a salve here, a magical grease. Get to de girl and start putting dis about her bounds." He was about to get up and go about the business of kicking Victor's ass when he paused -part of him felt he owed the dopple an apologize. Look, I know I be hurtin' ya and I know ya be havin' some feelin's for me. Maybe we be gettin' ta talkin' after dis all be done. But for now, I need to take care of dis one"

With an air of confidence, Alohan rose and turned to St Dumb Dumb. Taking a few deliberate steps, he moved towards the swashbuckler -taiaha in hand.


Move Action: Give Vrinn the Salve of Slipperiness
Move Action: Move to engage the Victor.
Free/Swift Action: Talk

HP:  45/45()  AC: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2))   FFoot: 17(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)) TOUCH: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)) CMD: 21  | 23 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+1
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: sacrifice any attacks to do everything I want to do

Vrinn
 NPC, 11 posts
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 18:56
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan Nuari:
"I be havin' a salve here, a magical grease. Get to de girl and start putting dis about her bounds."


"What?!" exclaims Vrinn. He motions down to the small wound in his stomach. "I'm bleeding out here man! Am I nothing else to you but cannon fodder?"

Alohan Nuari:
Look, I know I be hurtin' ya and I know ya be havin' some feelin's for me. Maybe we be gettin' ta talkin' after dis all be done. But for now, I need to take care of dis one"


"Ugh! Fine then! Whatever," the changling gets to his feet. "Across the rooftop of certain death goes poor Vrinn," he mutters.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2349 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 18:56
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan Nuari:
With an air of confidence, Alohan rose and turned to St Dumb Dumb. Taking a few deliberate steps, he moved towards the swashbuckler -taiaha in hand...


...and releases the trap he has walked into immediately. A flash of lightning across the sky reveals the slopping rooftop in stark relief and the water washing down it - the water isn't running down in sheets, it is beading up. Viktor must have applied from sort of slippery surface on it. The next second Alohan is fighting to keep his feet. As he starts to slip over he gets a look at Viktor's shoes - the sleuth has some sort of sprigs on the bottom allowing him to grip the clay tiles of the roof with ease.

OOC: DC20 acrobatics check or fall prone and start sliding off the roof to the south. No MF reroll since Angati doesn't have LOS yet.

The coating has been applied to all squares in column E to H.

So Logan missed, Alohan is slipping, Angati is running up the stairs and Celene is being eaten... looks like just Kassius and Kibeti are left to play.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:57, Tue 20 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2350 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 19:02
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

Mid turn updated battle map for those of you who are getting lost. Celene is off the map and running up the stairs. Alohan is off the map and on the roof. Scrimshaw is also no shown on the map.</i>

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:03, Tue 20 Dec 2016.

Kassius
 player, 520 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 03:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius couldn't see exactly what was going on at the top of the tower, but had to assume that Angati, Alohan, and Vrinn could take care of it. The battle down here still needed his aid. Aiming at the lion savaging Celene he fires, hitting.

Kibeti continues to attack, more to distract the foe for Logan's silver dagger than to accomplish anything significant, although his smite allows his claws to do at least minimal damage as they strike repeatedly.



Kassius
22:53, Today: Kassius rolled 15,24,10,9 using 1d20+7,1d20+7,2d6+3,2d6+3.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
+4 AC for cover, -2 AC for grappling. But wait, I forgot bless adds +1 to hit. Am I within point blank range? That would add +1 to hit and damage, which would also make the first shot hit.
If within 30 feet, hit lion twice for 21 damage. If not, hit once for 9 damage.
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot

HP: 33/33  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger)

Kibeti
22:56, Today: Kibeti rolled 24,24,17,13,12,16 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+10,1d6+10,1d6+10.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Argh, forgot bless (and flank) again. All three attacks hit, for a total of 11 damage after DR.
Full Round Action:Full Attack Mange

HP: 36/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2356 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 07:25
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius lands two good shots on the lion (21 hp) but the beast never pauses in its work of tearing Celene apart.

Kibeti is begin to gain ground on the werewolf and his attacks begin to sting (11 hp).

OOC: I'll let Ron make his role again slipping before I begin the next round.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2360 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:32
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan's feet slip out from under him and he starts careening down the roof towards the edge. Vrinn's hands fly to his mouth in terror.
Vrinn
 NPC, 12 posts
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:32
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Watch out for the edge," screams Vrinn rather redundantly.
Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 19 posts
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:33
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Sigh. Outclassed in all categories. Physical, mental, spiritu... waak!" Viktor Saint-Demain cries out as the barbarian grabs his ankle on the way down. The sleuth's feet are jerked off the roof and Viktor hits the back of his head on a roofing tile. Then Alohan is dragging him down the roof, both of them spinning uncontrollably. By the time the villain has used his special shoes to regain his feet, they are both on the edge of the precipice.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-ONE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 45/45 <MF NOT USED> <PRONE>
Angati  HP: 46/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  2/25 <MF NOT USED> <GRAPPLED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED> <PRONE>

Lion #1 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF NOT USED> <GRAPPLED> -4 -21
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> <PRONE>

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-TWO>

Viktor gets to his feet. His beautiful purple cloak is now filthy with tar and ripped in several places. "Ahhh! You miserable cur! You disgusting savage! You shall not lay your hands upon me!"

He unsheathes his blade from the inside of his cane, welding the crazy monster foot handle with ease. He starts throwing blows at Alohan, waving his sword around like an irate carriage driver would use his buggy whip on a horse, and punctuates each swing with another one. "Do. Not. Attack. Your. Betters!"

19:49, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 11 using 1d20+10.  Viktor attacks Alohan.
Huh. Nat one.

"Woah! Wooooah!" screams Viktor as his first attack almost sends him over the edge. The madman windmills his arms frantically to try and regain his balance and avoid falling 80' to his death below. He recovers his balance, but Alohan is untouched.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:35, Wed 21 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2361 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:33
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Vrinn begins the delicate task of traversing the ridge of the greasy roof, muttering to himself about the injustice of life as he goes. He moves carefully on all fours (and therefore at half speed) and reaches the ramshackle bell tower safely. The wooden structure is not grease and he climbs up it to reach Zelina with ease.

"Hello young lady! We haven't met before but I am Vrinn and here to save you!"

Zelina stares at the grey one-eyed doppelganger in wide eyed terror.

Angati makes it to the top of the stairs. She has to pause at the horrific sight of her sister bound to a hung bell that is starting to move...

DING

DING

DING

DING

The clapper inside the bell begins to strike out the chimes of midnight and the end of her sister's life.

Angati locks eyes with Zelina, and sees that the girl is terrified. But... Zelina is looking behinds her...

Angati does not hear the gentle 'woosh' of air as the family crest, now turned into a terrifying construct, swoops in and lashes out at her head with talons and beak. It connects and for a second Angati things that her head is going to be torn off (12 hp), but then the bird is moving on again, hardly pausing in its flight. The horrible creature vanishes into the darkness, shrieking in success.

OOC: Checked for 'time flicker' for both hits - no luck. The falcon is now back out in the darkness where Angati can't see.

Meanwhile, back down on the spiral staircase, a completely separate battle rages.

OOC: Sigh, I have been dreading this bit.

20:23, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 10,18,9 using 1d20+7,1d20+7,1d20+7.  Bite, claw, claw on Celene.
20:24, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 6 using 1d4+5.  Claw damage.
Hmm, could have been worse.


The lion release Celene and used the gap to rake a claw across her chest (6 hp). The sorceress collapses, her life blood spilling down the staircase like a red stream.

"Drop the silver!" scream Mange. He is so scared of the little dagger in Logan's hands that he misses the thief totally.

Scrimshaw selects his next target... the only member of the party with a decent missile weapon. He fires straight down and one arrow lands in the half-orc's shoulder (6 hp).

OOC: Kassius is now fatigued. DC16 for save or become exhausted. No MF as Angati is not around.

<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-TWO>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 45/45 <MF NOT USED> <PRONE>
Angati  HP: 34/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: -4/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #1 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF NOT USED> -4 -21
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED>

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-TWO>

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:35, Wed 21 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2362 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:34
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

Situation on the stairs.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:43, Wed 21 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2363 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:39
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

The situation on the roof. The falcon is not visible as it is outside the illuminated area.

Alohan has stopped sliding and is not prone in H17. He can get to his feet (although this will trigger an AoO from Viktor), but if he attacks within the green area he will need a DC16 acrobatics check. He can also crawl outside the area and then move as normal.
Celene
 player, 1182 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:46
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene's blood continues to run down the stairs.

-5 HP.
Logan
 player, 702 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 20:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan circles warily around Mange, watching the Werefolf before smirking.  He flourishes the blade, toying with Mange.  "You're afraid of this!"  Logan steps forward and slams the dagger into the werewolf, backing off again and holding the silver up as a ward against the beast.


Attack Mange, hit for 12 damage
Mange is also disoriented.  -2 to attack rolls, -4 vs Logan


HP: 27/33 (1 NL) AC: 23/16/19 CMD:17  F4 R11 W6

Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC)

15:00, Today: Logan rolled 12 using 1d4+3d6.  Damage.
15:00, Today: Logan rolled 28 using 1d20+10.  Die, werewolf, die!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2366 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 20:48
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Mange screams, and clutches at his shoulder where the wound is still smoking from the impact of the silver coated weapon.

"Ahhhhhh! That's it! I quit!"

The werewolf throws down his rapier and raises his hands in the air. He starts shuffling towards the exit.

OOC: Good show AngryJohn!
Angati
 PC, 758 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 21:41
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati concentrated on Victor, she could do nothing with the falcon after all so, making a common sign of bad luck she focused her powers on the man. Then, she got on all fours to get to her sister.


Free : | Swft : | Move : G13| Stnd : Cast I'll omen
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/ill-omen
Remember blur with the falcon

HP: 33 |  AC: 22 24 | CMD : 18 20 | Saves: 4/4/5 6/6/7
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Divine Favor (+2), Prot from Evil (37 rounds), Blur (20% miss)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 2/7 Sun Metal, Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour
      L1 Spells : 5/5 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon, Restoration Lesser
      Abilities : Misfortune, Fortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

This message was last updated by the player at 21:41, Wed 21 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2367 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 22 Dec 2016
at 07:04
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
Angati concentrated on Victor, she could do nothing with the falcon after all so, making a common sign of bad luck she focused her powers on the man. Then, she got on all fours to get to her sister.


Angati casts her spell and then crawls over to the base of the scaffolding.

OOC: Now she needs to use a move action to climb up the structure (about 5  feet) and reach her sister...

...but once she gets there, what will she do?



Angati:
Remember blur with the falcon


OOC: Will do. I did remember to roll for the first two attacks that hit.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:05, Thu 22 Dec 2016.

Angati
 PC, 759 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 22 Dec 2016
at 08:08
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
I'll try to help vrinn. I don't know if that will be aid another or what... but I guess that will be for next round to worry right?
Alohan Nuari
 player, 592 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Thu 22 Dec 2016
at 17:47
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan was doing all he could from falling off the precipice and plummeting to his death. He spread his limbs out -more surface area to provide the friction he needed- but found himself within arm's reach of Victor. It was unfortunate the idiot didn't fall. He would just have to go and make him.

He knew what he had to do.

Planting a foot, Alohan began to rise. Victor was still quick with the blade and Alohan was in a precarious position but the Islander didn't care. Let the man skewer him. All he needed to do was get his hands on him. "I BE PUTTIN' MAH HANDS' WHERE DEY WANT!" he billowed out, releasing his pele. He smacked Victor on the mouth and grabbed the back of his head. This would be the end for the man- he just didn't know it yet.
... he felt his feet give out before the sudden realization struck him. Fate was a fickle mistress.

12:46, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 31,5 using 1d20+11,1d6+2.  Ragging Grapple Victor.
12:46, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 14,3 using 1d20+11,1d6+2.  CONFIRM?!?!


12:52, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 10 using 1d20+7 ((3)), Forgot this acrobatics.... GOD DAMNIT

Move Action: Stand up provoking AoO (before rage my AC would've been 21)
Free/Swift Action: RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Standard Action: Initiate Grapple
HP:  55/45(RAGE)  AC: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2))   FFoot: 15(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) TOUCH: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) CMD: 19  | 21 Rage(-2) vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+3(+2 RAGE)
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: Possible crit to grab this fool.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:53, Thu 22 Dec 2016.

Kassius
 player, 522 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 22 Dec 2016
at 22:24
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
With Mange fleeing, and Celene down, Kassius urges Kibeti to move forward and guard her. The cat does so, passing Kassius up the stairs and standing over the fallen sorceress's body, biting at the lion. The lion dodges easily, only to go rigid as an arrow catches him in the eye.



Kassius
22:53, Today: Kassius rolled 15,24,10,9 using 1d20+7,1d20+7,2d6+3,2d6+3.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
+4 AC for cover, -2 AC for grappling. But wait, I forgot bless adds +1 to hit. Am I within point blank range? That would add +1 to hit and damage, which would also make the first shot hit.
If within 30 feet, hit lion twice for 21 damage. If not, hit once for 9 damage.
17:20, Today: Kassius rolled 23 using 1d20+7.  fort save.
17:19, Today: Kassius rolled 29,18,16,13 using 1d20+9,1d20+7,2d6+5,2d6+5.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
17:19, Today: Kassius rolled 23,27 using 1d20+9,4d6+10.  crit confirm.
(Forgot fort save, fatigue gives -1 to hit and damage on all attacks.
43 damage vs lion
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot
If the crit kills the lion, the second shot would be against Scrimshaw, and would miss

HP: 27/33  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger), Fatigued

Kibeti
17:17, Today: Kibeti rolled 10,8 using 1d20+5,1d6+5.  attack, damage vs. lion.
Move Action:Move into Celene's square
Standard Action: Attack Lion

HP: 36/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 20 posts
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 07:37
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan gets to his feet, allowing VIktor to pass his guard.

"Stay down you dog!" screams Viktor as he lashes his rapier across the native's back again and again (8 hp). The barbarian ignores the blows, climbs to his feet, gets angry, bellows out a catchy line, raises his weapon to attack and then... falls off the roof.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:30, Fri 23 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2369 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 07:37
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan grabs Viktors ankle (again!) as he goes down, pulling the sleuth over the side with him. The man screams in pure terror and claws at the roof tiles as he is dragged over. The inquisitor manages to halt his descent right at the edge of the overhanging roof, leaving him hanging by his fingertips from the guttering 80' above the hard cobblestones of the street below. And there Viktor oscillates, his feet frantically pedaling to try and gain purchase in the thin air.

OOC: THanks to raging grappler you can inflict damage on him as you pull him over if you want.

Viktor drops his fancy monster-hand-hilted rapier during the slide and the weapon spins end over end through the rain until it clatters on the unforgiving surface below. It takes several seconds to hit the ground.

OOC: Okay dude, you need to make a DC15 acrobatics check to catch the edge as you go over or otherwise... well, you'd better look up the Pathfinder rules for falling 80'. :(

Back on the stairs, Kibeti bounds past his master to stand over Celene and push the lion off her. For a second the giant albino panther and the huge lion are locked in mortal combat - the panther's smaller frame being made up for by Kibeti's power and ferocity.

OOC: Now that is something I would like to see next time I go to the zoo. Panther vs lion. Have you ever noticed how boring zoos are? The animals hardly ever fight. If I had a billion dollars I would definitely pay to see this fight.

Unfortunately we will never know who would have won such a splendid contest as the next second Kassius puts an arrow through the lion's eye. The creature spasms... and then changes back into a small ivory figurine.

OOC: Okay, that just leaves Celene to play this round. Since all she can do is make another fort check, I will proceed and process the next turn - but please do remember to make the roll Celene.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-TWO>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED> <FALLING TO DEATH?>
Angati  HP: 34/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: -4/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> <DAMAGE FROM ALOHAN?>

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-THREE>

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:30, Fri 23 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2370 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 07:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Viktor steadies himself a bit and then tries to pull himself back up onto the room. Despite a lot of straining he fails, and remains hanging by his fingertips.

DING

Angati has crawled across the ridge of the roof and reached the scaffolding. She is just about to start the short climb up to her sister when the piercing cry of the falcon returns. This time she is much better prepared and just takes cover behind her shield. The creature's attacks are harmlessly deflected, although a deep gorge is left in the surface of her shield - that creature's talons are sharp!

It screams in rage and continues in its arc, ending up out of the illuminated area again.

DING

Vrinn applies the magic salve to Zelina's wrists. The heiress starts pulling and struggling at the manacles, trying to slip her hands out.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:31, Fri 23 Dec 2016.

Vrinn
 NPC, 13 posts
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 07:59
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"No, no, no," mutters Vrinn. "Too slow."

OOC: Indeed, the rules for masterwork manacles are rather harsh:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/escape-artist

OOC: She's need one minute, i.e. 10 rounds, of work in order to get one attempt. The DC will be 28.

The changling starts inspecting the chains. He screws up his face. They are one inch thick heavy links of adamantine, each one crafted with care and precision.

DING

OOC: Harness 20, hp: 30. DC for strength check to break is 35.

He shifts to the lock, holds it in his hand and muses. "Maybe...if I had some tools," he mutters.

OOC: Average lock. DC25 disable device.

THe one-eyed doppleganger looks back down to Angati, who is now climbing up. His face is streaked with rain and lightning flashes across the sky as he yells to her.

"IT'S. NOT. GOING. TO. WORK!"

DING!

This message was last edited by the player at 08:01, Fri 23 Dec 2016.

Anansi
 NPC, 5 posts
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 08:01
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Oh no Angati! I have seen what happens! She DIES ANGATI!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2371 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 08:03
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-THREE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED> <FALLING TO DEATH?>
Angati  HP: 34/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: -5/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING> <ROLL AGAIN PLS>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Viktor Saint-Demain AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL
Silver Falcon: <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> <DAMAGE FROM ALOHAN?>

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-THREE>

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:56, Sun 25 Dec 2016.

Kassius
 player, 523 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 12:36
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
There's not much Kassius can do upstairs, and Celene is dying at his feet. Bending down, he touches her, channeling healing power and reviving the badly injured sorceress. Perhaps her magic can help.

Then he and Kibeti hurry upstairs, trying to figure out what's going on.



Kassius
07:33, Today: Kassius rolled 10 using 1d8+5.  CLW.
Standard Action: CLW on Celene
Move Action: Move up the stairs 30 ft.

HP: 27/33  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 2/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger), Fatigued

Kibeti
Full Round Action: Double move up stairs

HP: 36/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Celene
 player, 1187 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 14:14
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Check failed fell to -5 HP. At 5 HP after Kassius' healing.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2373 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 18:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Celene (msg # 229):

Cool, she is up and about again though.
Logan
 player, 706 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 18:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
As Mange leaves the area, Logan shoves his dagger into his pack and sprints up the stairs.  At the top, the rogue pauses.  Out of breath, he starts digging through his pack.  "I can pick that lock if we've got enough time!"


Run up stairs.  (120 foot movement)  Arrive at J13

HP: 27/33 (1 NL) AC: 23/16/19 CMD:17  F4 R11 W6

Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC)

No rolls

Alohan Nuari
 player, 601 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 22:01
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
With a remarkable amount of quickness, Alohan grabbed ahold of the roof's edge. Victor dangled beside him but saving Zelinda was more important than the sleuth's life. Luckily he boasted the upper body strength to pull himself up. He just needed to save the sister.
16:34, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 26 using 1d20+7 ((19)), Acrobatics to grab the edge!

Move Action: get up?
Free/Swift Action:
Standard Action: grab the edge 
HP:  47/45(RAGE)  AC: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2))   FFoot: 15(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) TOUCH: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) CMD: 19  | 21 Rage(-2) vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+3(+2 RAGE)
Rage: 9   |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note:the damage is up in the above post. Should be 5
Also, if I may add- a minute between escape artist checks seems ridiculous. There has to be some misconception in the rules. I can understand if she is wrapped around the waist and trying to unwound it but.. I dunno. Dont let the hotter sister die!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2374 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 25 Dec 2016
at 10:16
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan runs up the stairs and reaches the top (triple move).

OOC: It took the entire round for him to get up there. Next round he can crawl across the top of the roof (a move action) and climb up the scaffolding (another move action).

Alohan grabs onto the edge of the roof after sliding over, and manages to haul himself back up without any problems (we'll say that took the round to pull yourself up (no roll need, Alohan is storng enough) and then stand up on the roof). Viktor snarls at him from below the edge - the detective is still failing in the air while trying to loop one leg up, but lacks the strength to do it properly.

OOC: Also added the 5 hp damage to Viktor, although I think that is going to be the least of the man's worries in a second!

Alohan Nuari:
Also, if I may add- a minute between escape artist checks seems ridiculous. There has to be some misconception in the rules. I can understand if she is wrapped around the waist and trying to unwound it but..


OOC: You know what? You're right - she is bound in multiple places, just at the hands. And what the hell, IT'S CHRISTMAS! I'll let her make a check just at the last instant if Logan isn't able to open the lock.

Celene is revived and Kassius helps her to her feet. The pair stair to make their way up the stairs although they move pretty slowly since Celene was near death and the hunter is fatigued thanks to the gargoyle's arrows.

Kibeti bounds up the stairs without any problem though, and reaches the top.

Angati climbs up the scaffolding to her sister (move action).

OOC: Angati has a standard action left and Celene has her full round to decide on.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:22, Sun 25 Dec 2016.

Celene
 player, 1188 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Sun 25 Dec 2016
at 13:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene stood up whispered a prayer and two of her stood on the stairs. She needed some form of cover to move up the stairs and hoped this would do.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : None | Stnd : Cast Grease on self | Full :

Copycat acts as mirror image with one image.


HP:  05/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 5/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16),
                  Charm person (DC 17), Grease (DC 18), Sleep (DC 17),
                  Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 4/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (5/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (4/5),
                  Channeling (0/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

Angati
 PC, 762 posts
 Oracle 4
Sun 25 Dec 2016
at 15:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Ok, so angatis action is to pull Logan up and help him open lock. Sorry from phone
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2376 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 27 Dec 2016
at 11:15
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
A carbon copy of Celene appears beside here.

Angati helps Logan with climbing up the scaffolding (he'll get to the top next round).

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-THREE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED>
Angati  HP: 34/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  5/25 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> -3NL
Silver Falcon: <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-FOUR>

In the bell tower, Scrimshaw observes the remaining party members running up the stairs. He keeps his sights trained on each of them as they sprint up the stairs: first Logan, then Kibeti, then Kassius and Celene. He certainly isn't lacking for targets... so he follows Viktor's instructions on who to hit first.

"Eeny meeny miny... MOE" His bow twangs and an arrow is sent hurtling down, only for it to pass harmlessly through the copy of Celene.

"Shoot a cleric with my... BOW." <twang!> the second arrow flies down and catches the sorceress in the chest, knocking her off her feet and back into unconsciousness AGAIN. (7 hp damage, back to -2 hp).

Kassius is left starting over her. He hears a roar down below him... that lion that Angati scared off is back and looking up at him hungrily.

DING

Viktor strains to get one foot over the edge of the roof but fails again - he simply isn't strong enough to hoist himself up.

DING

Vrinn finishes applying the salve. Zelina pulls and pulls against the manacles (escape artist attempt coming up next round), and also makes muffled comments from behind her gag.

"What? What are you saying? I can't understand you with that gag in your mouth!"

Zelina pauses and stares at him sternly.

"Oh right, take out the gag," mutters Vrinn.

DING

Zelina gulps down a lungful of fresh air. "Viktor! He has the key to the lock in his pocket!"

The falcon cries out in the darkness again and then with a rushing of silver wings swoops back down and divebombs Angati's head. One talon catches her across the face, drawing blood (4 hp).

12:33, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 25 using 1d100.  Time flicker check for Angati.
Nope

DING!

With the sounding of the large chime of midnight, a loud crunching sound is heard from the gears above the bell. Vrinn curses and climbs up onto the bell, frantically trying to work out how to stop the disaster that is unfolding. He squints through the driving rain at the mechanics, takes the dagger from his (Grimgraj 's) waistband and jams it into the big flywheel of the mechanism.

12:18, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 10 using 1d20+8.  Vrinn disable device to jam up the bell.

The big cog simply grinds right over the dagger without even pausing. The wheel starts slipping. Zelina screams. Lightning shoots across the sky and thunder roars.

OOC: Logan gets to make a DC25 disable device check to open the lock. Then I will give Zelina a shoot at the DC35 escape artist check to pull out of the manacles. Then... well... the bell will start rolling down the roof to Zelina's doom.

<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-FOUR>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED>
Angati  HP: 29/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: -2/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> -3NL
Silver Falcon: <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-FOUR>

No map update this round. Celene and Kassius are about halfway up the stairs. Kibeti has just reached the roof. Logan is at the bottom of the scaffold, Angati and Vrinn are at the top of the scaffold. Alohan is at the edge of the roof, standing over Viktor.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:34, Tue 27 Dec 2016.

Angati
 PC, 763 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 10:13
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"OMI.... RUN TAKE THE KEY OFF VIKTOR's POKET... GO !!!" Angati hoped that Viktor being left hanging to avoid falling would not be able to defend against the little OMI climbing down to pick up his key...

Meanwhile, Angati pulled Logan up.

OOC: Anything she could do to block the bell from rolling down the roof ? anything that would impede the rolling ? breaking the roof or putting something that stops it before it gains momentum?
I just can't think of anything short of cutting Zelinas left hand off... but that is what Angati would do if things get to that point...

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2379 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 11:16
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: That is a good idea with Omi. Please make a DC15 acrobatics check for the little critter to see if he can get down to Viktor and back without slipping on the greasy roof. He isn't going to make it back in time though.

As for Angati, does she have any points in 'disable device'? If yes, she can make a DC20 disable device check to try and stop the mechanism for one round. Otherwise she can do nothing but watch helplessly - the bell is far to heavy to stop it by grabbing hold.

Also, Zelina is attached to the manacles with both hands... hmm, true... you would only need to chop one of her hands off in order to free her, but that does seem a little... extreme, doesn't it? Maybe save that for after she has had her escape artist check at the start of next round and Logan has had his shot to open the lock.

Logan
 player, 709 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 19:02
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan fumbled for his lockpicks, his motion seeming entirely too slow as the mechanism on the bell crushed Vrinn's dagger and Zelina's doom came closer.  "Frak it girl!  At least try to give us some silence to work!"  Logan cursed again as he snapped the pin inside the manacles, foiling his attempt.  "Ah, Frak!"

He leaned in close to Zelina.  "Okay, I can talk you through this.  It's going to be hard, but you can do it.  You're already nervous, and that's good, because you'll be sweating, which will help spread that slippery ointment around..."

13:56, Today: Logan rolled 21 using 1d20+14.  Disable Device (MW Tools).

So, that's a fail on the disable device.  I don't think Logan has time for the aid another skill check, but if he does, he'd like to help.
14:00, Today: Logan rolled 24 using 1d20+12.  Escape Artist: Aid Another.

Zelina Lidu
 NPC, 9 posts
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 19:28
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Zelina nods, her terror filled eyes flashing white as another streak of lightning flashes across the sky. She sobs, then starts thrashing against the chains again.

20:22, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 27 using 1d20+20.  Zelina escape artist vs DC35.

It is no use. Despite Logan's assertion that being nervous would actually help her, she is just too terrified and fatigued to make a good attempt at slipping a wrist from the chains, no matter how much Logan, Angati and Vrinn scream and claw at her.

The bell slips from the scaffold and starts sliding down the roof with the transfixed Zelina wailing in despair.

OOC: Geez guys. Not good. Not good at all. I really thought Logan would pull through on this one.

So... Omi has a shot to climb down and pull the key out of Viktor's pocket (DC15 acrobatics check). If the little fellow manages that then someone... I guess it will have to be Alohan since he is the only one in position for it... will have to jump on the bell and use the key on the lock as the bell slides past. There will be some risk involved for the person who attempts that though.

If Omi fails then you could try asking Viktor for the key... offering him his miserable life in exchange for it. Oh, and then there is also Beni's hand chopping idea. Geez. Has it really come to that?

Kassius
 player, 524 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 19:46
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Both Zelina and Logan should be able to re-roll, since Angati has LoS, right?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2380 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 19:54
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Kassius (msg # 241):

Heh. Oh yeah, totally forgot.


20:53, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 33 using 1d20+20.  Zelina MF reroll.

OOC: Okay... 'aid another' has a chance of getting her to 35. Logan has already used his round to try and pick the lock, and Vrinn was busy trying to jam the gears, but Angati can give it a shot. See just needs to get to DC10 in an escape artist skill check in order to pull her sister's hand out of one of the manacles.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:58, Wed 28 Dec 2016.

Logan
 player, 710 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 20:10
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Reroll:
15:09, Today: Logan rolled 25 using 1d20+14.  Disable Device: Reroll.

Bam!

Angati
 PC, 764 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 23:19
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
00:18, Today: Angati rolled 16 using 1d20+5 ((11)).

Omis roll
Kassius
 player, 525 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 23:41
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius curses. He could either provide covering fire against the foe above, or heal Celene, but not both. Meanwhile, that lion is getting closer. Glancing at the prone sorceress, he decides that her wounds, while grievous, do not seem immediately fatal. He makes a snap decision, and calls for Kibeti while knocking an arrow.

"Give up! My friends are taking out Victor as we speak. Even if they don't manage to save the girl in time, you're still going down with him!"

Then he fires upwards at the gargoyle, missing twice. Kibeti rushes back to Kassius, standing by below him and biting at the approaching lion.




Kassius
18:38, Today: Kassius rolled 8,17,10,11 using 1d20+7,1d20+7,2d6+2,2d6+2.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot vs Scrimshaw, both attacks miss.

HP: 27/33  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger), Fatigued

Kibeti
18:38, Today: Kibeti rolled 14,11 using 1d20+6,1d6+5.  attack lion.
Move Action:Move to five feet below Kassius/Celene
Standard Action: Attack Lion (if it's not within reach, instead ready an attack to attack when it is in reach, using above attack roll).

HP: 36/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2381 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 08:09
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati twists through a multitude of alternate realities, passing disaster after disaster until... finally... the last option she finds has Logan's just managing to open the lock.

The weeping Zelina is pulled off the bell just as it breaks loose and starts rolling down the roof. The long adamantine chain still attached to her other wrist unwinds as the bell turns and turns. It falls over the edge and begins its long descent to the ground.

OOC: Skipping Alohan and Celene's turns. The barbarian doesn't have much to do other than stare down at Viktor and gloat and Celene just needs to roll for the fort save.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-FOUR>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED>
Angati  HP: 29/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: -2/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> -3NL
Silver Falcon: <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-FIVE>

There isn't much time for celebrating as the silver falcon swoops in again. It catches Angati across the shoulders with a talon (7 hp, time flicker fails).

<CRASH!>

The bell hits the ground with a loud sound of shattering metal. A second later, Alohan hears a cry for help from over the side of the roof.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:55, Thu 29 Dec 2016.

Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 21 posts
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 08:09
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"I'm sorry! Please, I'm sorry!" screams Viktor. His frantic attempts to pedal himself up to the roof-edge have stopped since he has realized that it is hopeless. The man clings desperately to the copper gutter, his fingers slowly slipping off.

"I was mad with rage! Please help me up!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2382 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 08:10
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Back in the bell tower, Kassius and Kibeti face off against the lion and the gargoyle in the rafters. The lion charges up the stairs and jumps at the albino panther, skillfully dodging Kibeti's attack. The lion gets its teeth around the animal companion's neck but the barkskin enchantment means that Kibeti's skin is tough to penetrate that expected - the bite slides off harmlessly.

Kassius:
<Cursive>"Give up! My friends are taking out Victor as we speak. Even if they don't manage to save the girl in time, you're still going down with him!"/Cursive>


"Little bowman, little bowman, thinks he can hit me,
I sit up here and let him try,
Little bowman, little bowman, you will see,
But you won't get me unless you fly!"


Kassius' two arrows are answered by two more from Scrimshaw. One catches the archer in the shoulder (11 hp). Kassius has to admit that Scimshaw has a point - the gargoyle archer is in a much better position that the half-orc hunter is.

<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-FIVE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED>
Angati  HP: 22/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF USED>
Celene  HP: -2/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING> <ROLL NEEDED>
Kassius HP: 16/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> -3NL
Silver Falcon: <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-FIVE>

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:56, Thu 29 Dec 2016.

Celene
 player, 1189 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 15:33
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene continues to bleed for a moment then the bleeding stops.

10:31, Today: Celene rolled 16 using 1d20.  Stabilize DC 13.

10:31, Today: Celene rolled 5 using 1d20.  Stabilize DC 12.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2383 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 18:50
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene stops dying quickly and starts dying slowly.
Angati
 PC, 765 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 19:42
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati made sure that her sister was alright...she hugged her fiercely while Anansi danced a gig around them completely oblivious to all that was happening around them. But Viktors pitiful cries pulled her from her revery, and both sisters, Angati and Anansi turned, their faces suddenly a mirror, looking more alike in their wild savagery than in any other emotion.

Angati walked down to the man trying to avoid the grease, and looking at him coldly, drew the knife with which she was planning to cut her sisters hand, bent down, and without a word started cutting the mans right hand. "It is just this one hand, don't worry..  you can let go whenever you feel like it though.... if you listen closely, you might even hear the echoes of the chimes of midnight somewhere...."
Alohan Nuari
 player, 603 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 20:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
With Zelinda safe, Alohan let out a breath of relief. He twirled around to look down upon Victor. The rain, the grease -all of it was adding up into a dangerous mix. He felt if he made any sudden movements, his ass would be plunging off the roof after the bell. But they had done it. Zelinda was safe and all that was left was the man whom started all of this -Victor Saint-Demain.

Angati's was carving into the man's hand. He was unsure if it was appropriate to seek such justice. Instead Alohan reached down to grab the man by the wrist. "You sure you want ta do dat?" He asks, holding the man dangling below.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2384 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 30 Dec 2016
at 08:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
"It is just this one hand, don't worry..  you can let go whenever you feel like it though.... if you listen closely, you might even hear the echoes of the chimes of midnight somewhere...."


Viktor grits his teeth as the knife starts cutting through his flesh until he can't bear it any longer. He pulls his right hand hand back and out of the way so he is only hanging by his left. "Please... gasp... I'm... sorry..."

Alohan Nuari:
Angati's was carving into the man's hand. He was unsure if it was appropriate to seek such justice. Instead Alohan reached down to grab the man by the wrist. "You sure you want ta do dat?" He asks, holding the man dangling below.


Viktor is left dangling above the ground 80' below, held only by the barbarian. As Alohan turns to talk to Angati, the sleuth hisses... like some sort of deranged snake... and brings his right hand back to gasp ALohan's wrist. Then the madman braces his feet against the overhang on the roof and pushes with his feet - trying to drag Alohan over the  edge of the roof to join him in his doom.

OOC: Oh Alohan, Alohan, Alohan. The lawful streak is going to get you into trouble one day.

Please make either an acrobatics check or strength check - your choice since you can either try and twist your hands out of his grip (acrobatics) or just overpower him (strength check). I will then roll the appropriate check for Viktor and we see who is highest. Then you will either remain on the roof or... pheeeeeewwwwwwww.... head down to the bottom with Viktor.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2385 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 30 Dec 2016
at 08:18
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Have you guys on the roof forgotten about the magical silver falcon? Just asking. Also waiting with interest to see that Kassius and Kibeti door on the stairs. I think they could use some help.
Angati
 PC, 766 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 30 Dec 2016
at 16:39
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati made a quick move with the dagger she held to cut on the hands of the Sleuth hoping to amputate them, but knowing that she would st most just hurt him...

So, helping alohan on his roll, unless there is the actual possibility of cutting his hands.
Angati was not going to completely go through the amputation... but she is definitely going to kill him and make sure he is dead and dead...

As for the falcon, I don't see what we can do, he attacks unseen and we cannot attack if we don't see right ?

Logan
 player, 712 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Fri 30 Dec 2016
at 18:05
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan carefully moves over to the edge of the roof, putting away his thieve's tools and drawing his normal weapons.  "We've still got to deal with that Falcon and the gargoyle.  Toss this loser down and let's be out of here!  No reason to fight on top of this greased tower in the middle of a rainstorm at midnight!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2387 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 30 Dec 2016
at 18:27
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
So, helping alohan on his roll, unless there is the actual possibility of cutting his hands.


OOC: You can't cut Viktor's hand off, but you can stab at it with your dagger. Make an attack roll against Viktor's touch AC (12) and if you hit then Alohan can add +2 to his roll.


Angati:
As for the falcon, I don't see what we can do, he attacks unseen and we cannot attack if we don't see right ?


OOC: Well it is not as though the Falcon has some sort of magical power, it is just dive-bombing and then flying away into a non-illuminated area at the end of each round. You guys could increase the illuminated area, declare prepared attacks, throw a net over it or just try and grab it as it flies past.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2388 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 30 Dec 2016
at 18:37
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan:
Logan carefully moves over to the edge of the roof, putting away his thieve's tools and drawing his normal weapons.  "We've still got to deal with that Falcon and the gargoyle.  Toss this loser down and let's be out of here!  No reason to fight on top of this greased tower in the middle of a rainstorm at midnight!"


OOC: Okay, so does anyone feel sorry that you're throwing this guy off a roof? I'm starting to worry about the alignment of this party, when did you people all become CN/CE?

Kassius
 player, 526 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 30 Dec 2016
at 21:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 258):

Kassius would object, but he's busy trying to keep Celene from dying, and can't hear/see what's going on up above.



Kassius continues to fire upwards, finally landing a few shots. "I'd prefer to not kill you, but I will if I frakking have to. Surrender!"

Kibeti meanwhile yowls his own conversation, and attacks. The two cats roll around for a while, a vicious combination of claws and bites. As they separate, Kibeti can clearly be seen to have won this round of the cat-fight, as the lion is sporting several oozing claw wounds.



Kassius
16:01, Today: Kassius rolled 22,22,9,11 using 1d20+7,1d20+7,2d6+2,2d6+2.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot
20 damage vs Scrimshaw

HP: 16/33  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger), Fatigued

Kibeti
16:01, Today: Kibeti rolled 6,21,19,6,11,8 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+5,1d6+5,1d6+5.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Full Round Action: Full Attack Lion
19 damage vs lion

HP: 36/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Angati
 PC, 768 posts
 Oracle 4
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 13:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
14:42, Today: Angati rolled 18,10 using 1d20+9,1d4+6 ((9,4)).
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2390 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 1 Jan 2017
at 11:39
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius:
Kassius continues to fire upwards, finally landing a few shots. "I'd prefer to not kill you, but I will if I frakking have to. Surrender!"


Kassius finally hits the gargoyle, inflicting the first damage against it 20 hp). Kibeti is likewise successful against the lion (19 hp).

Angati stabs Viktor in the hand (giving Alohan a +2 assistance bonus to his roll).

OOC: I'm going to proceed now, although Alohan still needs to make his roll (either acrobatics or strength). We will come back and fill in the result of that roll later.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-FIVE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED> <FALLING TO DEATH?>
Angati  HP: 22/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF USED>
Celene  HP: -3/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING> <ROLL NEEDED>
Kassius HP: 16/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> -3NL -19
Silver Falcon: <MF NOT USED>

Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED> -20
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-SIX>

"Three little duckies all in a row.
Now I shoot them, here we go!"

The gargoyle's aim is much better than his rhyming and he hits twice again (11 hp). Kassius sees that Scrimshaw shows no sign of surrendering.

The lion claws Kibeti once (6 hp).

The silver falcon streams in again, racking its beak and claws over Angati's back as she leans over to help Alohan. Fortunately the oracle's super-duper AC comes through again and all attacks miss.

<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-SIX>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED> <FALLING TO DEATH?>
Angati  HP: 22/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF USED>
Celene  HP: -3/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING> <ROLL NEEDED>
Kassius HP:  5/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Kibeti  HP: 30/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> -3NL -19
Silver Falcon: <MF NOT USED>

Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED> -20
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-SIX>

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:21, Wed 04 Jan 2017.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 604 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Sun 1 Jan 2017
at 15:03
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan had every intention of throwing Victor into a dungeon, testifying at his trial, and seeing the man executed... except the sleuth had other plans. Alohan was -admittedly- not expecting the man to resist yet again. The naive Native was taken completely off guard. He could feel his feet give way and the the sensation of vertigo take him.

09:33, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 8 using 1d20+7 ((1)), Acrobatics vs St Damnman..
Forgot the +2 from Angati so it should be a big fat 10.

Move Action:
Free/Swift Action:
Standard Action: grab the edge 
HP:  47/45(RAGE)  AC: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2))   FFoot: 15(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) TOUCH: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) CMD: 19  | 21 Rage(-2) vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+3(+2 RAGE)
Rage: 9   |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: I hate this character. Well, I love this character but I hate his luck. My average continues to hover around an 8.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2391 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 1 Jan 2017
at 15:54
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan Nuari:
Note: I hate this character. Well, I love this character but I hate his luck. My average continues to hover around an 8.


OOC: A natural '1' again? Crazy! Well, Viktor beats that, even with the MF reroll...

Crowing with joy, Viktor pulls Alohan off the top of the roof.

:( Please consult the falling rules. You can avoid the first 10 feet of damage by making a DC15 acrobatics check, then 1d6 damage for the rest - please roll for the damage yourself.

 This is gunna hurt.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamema...al-rules#TOC-Falling

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:18, Sun 01 Jan 2017.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2395 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 1 Jan 2017
at 18:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Due to the discussion in the OOC thread...

Alohan is pulled off the roof by Viktor and hurtles down through the rain towards certain death. Angati screams and used her special ability. She finds a better alternate reality, one where Alohan manages to pull free, abet only just. The barbarian teeters on the edge of the roof, in great danger of following Viktor down - Angati grabs the back of his loin cloth and pulls him back.

As she does this the oracle looks over the edge of the roof and sees Viktor in his long spiral downwards.

OOC: And of course, as he falls it looks just like Hands Gruber falling off the edge at the end of Die Hard, which was the inspiration for this whole scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z9bou5n4uI

The sleuth seems to take a long time to fall - Angati doesn't seem him hit the ground as the man is swallowed up by the rain and darkness before that happens. And then she sees something else...

Patterns in the rain. The chaotic swirl of the tropical rain resolves into a... face. A monstrous bestial face of some sort of great ape with huge protruding canine teeth. Then the raindrops that form the image resume their chaotic fall and Angati is just looking at the empty rain again.

<Red>OOC: Okay, new round. You are all (even Alohan and Angati) free to move. Current challenges: a falcon construct dive bombing people on the roof, a gargoyle sharpshooter in the rafters of the bell tower and a lion on the staircase. Those of you on the roof can spend you round running down the stairs to get within striking distance of the lion (although Kibeti is blocking direct melee access) or one move action to reach the top of the stairs and be level with Scrimshaw.</Red>
Angati
 PC, 769 posts
 Oracle 4
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 08:56
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati took a quick step back as the gigantic ape seemed to open its maws, it's 4 canines seemingly swallowing her before the pattern disappeared. She tried to recover her breathing... and, instructed her sister to duck and hide from the falcon and Scrimshaw.

Then, she started chanting a summon spell, an eagle would be fine... to pester Scrimshaw and maybe later the falcon.


Free : | Swft : | Move : | Stnd : Cast Summon Monster I
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestia...moned-creature-eagle

HP: 33 |  AC: 22 24 | CMD : 18 20 | Saves: 4/4/5 6/6/7
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Divine Favor (+2), Prot from Evil (37 rounds), Blur (20% miss)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 1/7 Sun Metal, Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour, Summon Monster
      L1 Spells : 5/5 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon, Restoration Lesser
      Abilities : Misfortune, Fortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Kassius
 player, 529 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 00:11
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius gasps in pain as the arrows pierce his flesh. He wipes his side with his hand, and his fingers come up red with blood. Through the pain, he readies arrows and fires back at his assailant. He has no more time for demands of surrender, it's kill or be killed. Unfortunately, in his haze, he forgets to wipe clean his bloody fingers, and the bowstring slips, arrows flying uselessly into the stone wall.

Feeling his life slipping away, he mentally yanks on his bond with Kibeti. His wounds don't precisely heal, but he does become hardier, better able to withstand the pain.

Directly below him, Kibeti has only marginally better results, hitting the opposing cat with a single claw swipe.


19:07, Today: Kibeti rolled 9,11,21,8,8,8 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+5,1d6+5,1d6+5.  full attack vs lion.


Kassius
19:06, Today: Kassius rolled 10,14,12,5 using 1d20+8,1d20+8,2d6+3,2d6+3.  rapid shot vs scrimshaw.
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot vs Scrimshaw
Swift Action: Change Animal Focus to Bear (+2 con)

HP: 5(10)/33(38)  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7(+8)/+10/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 2/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (Bear), Fatigued

Kibeti
17:17, Today: Kibeti rolled 10,8 using 1d20+5,1d6+5.  attack, damage vs. lion.
Move Action:Move into Celene's square
Standard Action: Attack Lion

HP: 30/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2399 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 20:46
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati leaves her sister sheltering as best as possible under the ruined scaffolding on the roof, then the oracle summons up a falcon of her own. The summoned bird appears a couple of feet above the roof and then flies in a holding pattern while waiting for the silver construct to reappear.

Kassius shoots at Scimshaw and misses. Kibeti continues grinding down the lion (8 hp).

Logan runs down the stairs to get in range of the melee. Alohan (under DM control) stay on the roof and parks his back against Angati. He holds his weapon at the ready, poised to attack as soon as that bird comes within range.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-SIX>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED> <FALLING TO DEATH?>
Angati  HP: 22/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF USED>
Celene  HP: -3/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING> <ROLL NEEDED>
Kassius HP:  5/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Kibeti  HP: 30/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> -3NL -19 -8
Silver Falcon AC:17/T14/F14 <MF NOT USED>

Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED> -20
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-SEVEN>

Scrimshaw ignores the rogue running down the stairs - plenty of time to start on him later - and continues to focus on the hunter. Both arrows strike Kassius in the shoulder (14 hp damage dropping him down to -9). The half-orc slumps down against the handrail and then falls unconscious to the floor. The gargoyle's red eyes glow in triumph.

The falcon flies in, striking at Angati again and ignoring the prepared attacks it triggers from the oracle's summoned creature and the barbarian. It strikes with precision, finding the weak spots in Angati's armour and hitting with beak and claw (14 hp). It then continues out into the darkness again.

OOC: I've added the falcon's AC. Prepared attacks from Angati's falcon and Alohan then please.

PS: I think that Angati's summoned falcon should be silver coloured too, in honour of her family's crest.

<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-SIX>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED>
Angati  HP:  8/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF USED>
Celene  HP: -3/25 <MF NOT USED> <STABLE>
Kassius HP: -9/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING>
Kibeti  HP: 30/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> -3NL -19 -8
Silver Falcon AC:17/T14/F14 <MF NOT USED>

Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED> -20
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-SEVEN>
Logan
 player, 716 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 20:51
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Reaching his allies, Logan jumps down the center of the stairway, catching on to a railing and landing behind the animate lion, flanking it with Kibeti.

Move: Jump down stairs, avoid AoO.
Flank with Kibeti, both attacks miss


HP: 27/33 (1 NL) AC: 23/16/19 CMD:17  F4 R11 W6

Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC)

15:49, Today: Logan rolled 9 using 1d20+7.  short Sword attack.
15:49, Today: Logan rolled 11 using 1d20+8.  Rapier Attack.
15:49, Today: Logan rolled 17 using 1d20+12.  Acrobatics.
15:50, Today: Logan rolled 24 using 1d20+12.  check to avoid aoo.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2401 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 20:53
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Character      L    1     k     K      C
Distance      30    35    40    45     50     55   60
Altitude      15    17½   20    22½    25     27½  30

Updated map with Logan next to the lion.
PS: The lion only has 2 hp remaining. If you manage to inflict these two point please describe the creature shrinking back into a figurine.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 20:53, Wed 04 Jan 2017.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 607 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 23:18
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
The bird came rocketing out of the night and Alohan turned with rage, screaming out a challenge while swinging his taiaha. Hitting a moving target in the poor visibility was already difficult but everything was slick and wet -Alohan felt the weapon lurch in his hands. He tensed, expecting it to go sailing off the night but instead, it smacked the bird in the wing. Unfortunately, it allowed the bird much needed trajectory to slam into Angati and he tensed at her pain.

Seething with rage, Alohan turned and prepared himself for another flyby. He was smack the shit out of this bird if he could.
18:14, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 19,8 using 1d20+10,1d10+4 ((9,4)), Single handed Taiaha... batters up.


Move Action:
Free/Swift Action:
Standard Action: Prepare an action to hit it.
HP:  47/45(RAGE)  AC: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2))   FFoot: 15(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) TOUCH: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) CMD: 19  | 21 Rage(-2) vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+3(+2 RAGE)
Rage: 5   |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note:

Kassius
 player, 531 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 23:43
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius is at -4, not -9, since his last action before dying was to boost his con score. That should remain even though he's unconscious.

As the arrows pierce him, Kassius falls to the ground besides Celene, unconscious and dying.

Kibeti howls mournfully, then casually lunges forward and rips the lion's throat out. He chews disgusted, and then spits out a statue, the rest of the lion collapsing into dust and ash. Then, he crawls over to Kassius' body, standing protectively over him.



Kassius
18:39, Today: Kassius rolled 7 using 1d20+3.  Con Check (DC 14).

HP: -5/33(38)  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7(+8)/+10/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 2/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (Bear), Fatigued

Kibeti
18:40, Today: Kibeti rolled 18,6 using 1d20+8,1d6+5.  first attack.
Standard Action: Kill Lion
Move Action:Move into Kassius' square (providing soft cover for Kassius vs. ranged attacks)

HP: 30/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Angati
 PC, 771 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 08:51
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
The eagle missed the Falcon as it swooped by it, too slow to even get close to it. Angati however manage to get a good swing of her clawed cestus and stroke the bird right on its body.

Turning to her sister she said "We need to go... forget about these... " she said pointing at the falcon and at Scrimshaw. She instructed the eagle to follow the Falcon,  at least, it would probably make it easier to spot with its cries and all.. and might be able to stop it from swooping.


Free : | Swft : | Move : Move down | Stnd :
Ok, so we start going down... I don't know if we reach anyone... (lion or otherwise so I am not adding any attacks other than the AoO on the falcon...
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestia...moned-creature-eagle
09:45, Today: Angati rolled 26,10 using 1d20+9,1d4+6.  Angati AoO.
09:44, Today: Angati rolled 4,5 using 1d20+3,1d4+2.  Eagle AoO.


HP: 22 |  AC: 22 24 | CMD : 18 20 | Saves: 4/4/5 6/6/7
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Divine Favor (+2), Prot from Evil (37 rounds), Blur (20% miss)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 1/7 Sun Metal, Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour, Summon Monster
      L1 Spells : 5/5 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon, Restoration Lesser
      Abilities : Misfortune, Fortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2404 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 19:11
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

Sketch of the current situation. Scrimshaw is inside the tower and only has LOS to people on the spiral staircase. He never fired at anybody outside on the roof...

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:12, Thu 05 Jan 2017.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2405 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 19:29
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan misses the lion, but then Kibeti chews it up.

On the roof, Alohan slams the silver falcon as it zooms past but finds out that its hide is a lot tougher than he expected (only 3 hp damage inflicted). Then he assumes the 'batter up' pose. Angati also hits but does less damage than expected (only 5 hp). Angati's eagle also misses. Then Angati and Zelina retreat down the stairs and get about halfway to the ground. They are now sitting ducks for the archer inside the tower.

Now there is only the native and Vrinn on the roof.

"So... what's the plan, lover?" screams the changeling over the raging storm. "Can you wrestle this thing?" He seems to be waiting for further instructions.

Kassius:
Kassius is at -4, not -9, since his last action before dying was to boost his con score. That should remain even though he's unconscious.


Okay, got it.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-SEVEN>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED>
Angati  HP:  8/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF USED>
Celene  HP: -3/25 <MF NOT USED> <STABLE>
Kassius HP: -4/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING>
Kibeti  HP: 30/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Silver Falcon AC:17/T14/F14 <MF NOT USED> -3 -5

Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED> -20

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-EIGHT>

Scrimshaw looks around, struggling to track all the new targets. What was happening out on that roof? Maybe the half-orc had been right and Viktor was already down? Bah! What the hell. At least he was having fun!

The gargoyle selects his next victim - the giant panther looked to be the least armoured. Two arrows were guided down towards Kibeti. One shatters off the hand rail, while the second heads for the step with Kassius' unconscious form on it. The great cat refuses to move, and ends up absorbing the blow that would have otherwise hit his master (8 hp). At least the cat is not fatigued though - the archer seems to have run out of those special arrows.

The silver falcon streaks in again, intent on killing Alohan now that its primary target is gone. At the last minute Angati's summoned eagle intervenes and all of its attacks miss - also placing it in the perfect position for a hit from the barbarian. The silver bird then veers away into the darkness again, shrieking its piercing cry and with the eagle hot on its tail.

<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-EIGHT>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED>
Angati  HP:  8/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF USED>
Celene  HP: -3/25 <MF NOT USED> <STABLE>
Kassius HP: -4/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING>
Kibeti  HP: 22/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Silver Falcon AC:17/T14/F14 <MF NOT USED> -3 -5

Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED> -20

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-EIGHT>
Kassius
 player, 532 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 5 Jan 2017
at 22:22
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius continues bleeding out on the floor. Kibeti hisses at the arrow, but refuses to move. He does however take a defensive posture, crouching down to just cover Kassius without presenting any unnecessary profile.



Kassius
17:19, Today: Kassius rolled 7 using 1d20+3.  Con Check (DC 15).

HP: -6/33(38)  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7(+8)/+10/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 2/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (Bear) (round 2/10), Fatigued

Kibeti
18:40, Today: Kibeti rolled 18,6 using 1d20+8,1d6+5.  first attack.
Standard Action: Total Defense

HP: 22/36AC 19 (27) (FF=15(17),Touch=14 (20)), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin, Total Defense (+6 AC)

Angati
 PC, 773 posts
 Oracle 4
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 07:26
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Sis... let me know if you are ok with this... but if you are alive today is thanks to Vrinn..." panted Angati as she went down the stairs towards her wounded friends "Vrinn... come with us" shouted Angati "My word stays gold and we may even find you a position in a noble house... that would mean luxury, sex and probably even some mischievous fun if you stick to helping the Lidu's all that will be assured to you".

"Scrimshaw... your master is dead you half-wit we are getting away from here... we don't give a frack about you... get the hell out before we send in the reinforcements"


Free : | Swft : | Move : Move down | Stnd : Heal if I can
So Angati would continue down until she can get to Kasius and Celene. She would heal Kasius first as he is dying using Cure moderate wounds. (I am not sure if she can get to move and use standard action so... here goes the roll, but apply it only if she gets to cast it.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestia...moned-creature-eagle
08:26, Today: Angati rolled 11 using 2d8+4.  Cure moderate wounds Kassius.

HP: 22 |  AC: 22 24 | CMD : 18 20 | Saves: 4/4/5 6/6/7
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Divine Favor (+2), Prot from Evil (37 rounds), Blur (20% miss)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 1/7 Sun Metal, Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour, Summon Monster
      L1 Spells : 4/5 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon, Restoration Lesser
      Abilities : Misfortune, Fortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

This message was last edited by the player at 07:27, Fri 06 Jan 2017.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2408 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 11:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Before moving off the roof, Angati says the following to Vrinn:

Angati:
"Vrinn... come with us" shouted Angati "My word stays gold and we may even find you a position in a noble house... that would mean luxury, sex and probably even some mischievous fun if you stick to helping the Lidu's all that will be assured to you".


The doppleganger doesn't need much convincing. "I can take care of myself... most of the time at least. Just let me get out of here and that is enough 'help'" Vrinn then follows Angati down the stairs.

Angati calls out the following to Scrimshaw:

Angati:
"Scrimshaw... your master is dead you half-wit we are getting away from here... we don't give a frack about you... get the hell out before we send in the reinforcements"


"<hiiiisss!> I'm not falling for any trickery. Mister Saint-Demain has overcome mightier adversaries than you lot!" But the gargoyle does start looking a bit uncertainly. If the prisoner had been saved from the bell, then that did point to some nasty end befalling Viktor. The sharpshooter notches another arrow thoughtfully.

Angati gets down to Kassius' level on the stairs and heals the hunter to 5 hp.

Kibeti stands his ground.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:59, Fri 06 Jan 2017.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 611 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Mon 9 Jan 2017
at 01:18
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
The gargoyle continue to do his previous master's bidding despite the man having plummeted down to his presumable death. Even through his furious rage, Alohan  was aware of how stubborn the demi-human was being. "Leave!!" he roared, "He be dead! Bother us no more!" He felt his pele swell within him, the rain beginning to steam off his naked body but within the chaos of combat, Alohan doubted his attempt to convince the gargoyle was somewhat lacking.

With taiaha in hand, the Native began to make his way down the stairwell behind Vrinn and Zelinda.
Save my actions to move with Zelinda and Angati taking any attacks to ward off any threats that get close.

Move Action:
Free/Swift Action: 20:16, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 11 using 1d20+6 ((5)), Burning volcanic child to yell at the gargoyle
Standard Action:
HP:  47/45(RAGE)  AC: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2))   FFoot: 15(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) TOUCH: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) CMD: 19  | 21 Rage(-2) vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+3(+2 RAGE)
Rage: 4   |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: I hate this character. Well, I love this character but I hate his luck. My average continues to hover around an 8.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:18, Mon 09 Jan 2017.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2409 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 9 Jan 2017
at 19:28
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
The gargoyle laughs at Alohan's attempt to intimidate him, despite of the steam literally coming out of the native's ears.

"Little man with face of orange,
Wants to make peace with..."


The gargoyle makes a choking noise at the back of his throat as he tries fruitlessly to find a rhyme. Giving up he fires two arrows at Alohan, both of which inflict minor damage (8 hp total, min damage).

Scrimshaw reaches back, notches another arrow and takes in the situation. It seemed they were right. Viktor must have been defeated and now his enemies were making their way out of the tower, pretty much ignoring him. The gargoyle shrugs, not showing any particular sign of frustration - he had enjoyed himself after all - slings his bow over his shoulder and escapes out of a hole in the side of the tower.

OOC: I am calling time on this combat - too boring and no more risk to the party. Especially now that the party have figured out a bullet proof defence against the silver falcon - just go inside a building.


The party revive Celene and help both her and the wounded Kassius from the tower - they remember to retrieve the two wondrous figurines that spawned the pair of lions - and then they retrace their steps through the dining hall where the original ambush was launched against them, and then through the open courtyard beyond that. Outside the storm still rages and the rain pelts down on them.

At Celene's insistence they take the time to track down Viktor's corpse, and head around to the side of the building where he fell while keeping an eye on the skies in case the silver falcon manages to see them.

They find a bloody spot on the cobblestones, which is quickly being washed away by the rain, but there is no body.

After a few seconds of panic, Kibeti is able to pick up a bloody trail leading outside the walls of the orphanage and there they are able to catch up with Mister Viktor Saint-Demain.

The master sleuth is crawling up the street, leaving a gory trail of blood and smeared internal organs behind him. Both of the man's legs are shattered, with bones pointing out at funny angles, and his left arm is also broken beyond use. He is heaving himself along using only his right arm, making pitifully slow progress as he drags himself over the cobblestones.

He mutters as he moves, apparently totally unaware of the party coming up behind him.
Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 22 posts
Mon 9 Jan 2017
at 19:28
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"...worked my way up from the filth... not going back to Shadowshore... <drag> Lidu bitch had it coming... going to get healed up... <drag> will sort this out... I'm better than that scum... <drag>"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2410 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 9 Jan 2017
at 19:44
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Wa-hoo! Finally a decent treasure haul! And Worrin Lidu will presumably also offer a reward...

PARTY TREASURE
From Viktor Saint-Demain
Studded leather +2                2,000 gp
Mw diamond-studded sword cane     1,000 gp
2 x mw daggers                      300 gp
a pair of golden lion figurines   8,250 gp
  (note: same stats as norm. lions but only medium size)
diamond brooch                      400 gp
dark purple gentleman's cloak        20 gp
soft basilisk leather boots          50 gp
fine red crushed velvet vest         20 gp
white silk gloves                    40 gp
diamond-studded pocket watch      2,000 gp
loose change                         56 gp

From Rrregle the Gasper
Fine green silk doublet              20 gp
Formal red coat with tails           10 gp
6 cigars                              5 gp

From Durok the Masher
mw warhammer                        150 gp
mw studded leather                   75 gp
heavy wooden shield                  75 gp

From Mange the Cowardly Shifter
Mw rapier                           150 gp

From Grimgraj the Hobgoblin Monk
Bracers of armour +2 (taken by Vrinn)
Loose change                         16 gp

TOTAL                            14,637 gp

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:48, Mon 09 Jan 2017.

Angati
 PC, 774 posts
 Oracle 4
Tue 10 Jan 2017
at 09:44
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati moved towards Viktor pinning him to the ground and turning him around. She silently searched him taking everything that could be of danger out of him. His cane sword, daggers, potions and any means that he may have, then pulled out a dagger and placed it on his heart ready to stab him.

"Zelina, I think it is best to kill him. He will always try to come back on us after this, and I am not keen on leaving enemies behind... but... it was you he took... and I don't want to take this decision from you". Her face was contorted and it clearly took her quite some effort not to just slit the man's throat... already she had shifted that down to piercing his heart... but controlling her arm not to add just that little bit more of extra pressure .... that was taking quite an effort.

Next to her Anansi shrieked crazed "Kill him, kill him kill him... I want to hurt him too... kill him now... I want him" as she did this, she danced from shouting on the face of Viktor to doing so on the face of Angati...
Zelina Lidu
 NPC, 10 posts
Tue 10 Jan 2017
at 18:45
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Zelina pauses, taking in the scene as the rain continues to pour down on them.

"No, please don't," she says finally. "Father will know how to deal with him, and an example must be made."

The party escort Zelina back to the Lidu manner house with Vrinn in tow. Worrin Lidu is of course overjoyed to have his daughter back, and can't stop hugging her. And, in a moment that Angati has dreamed of her entire life, he also embraces Angati.
Worrin Lidu
 NPC, 9 posts
Tue 10 Jan 2017
at 18:46
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Thank you. Thank you Angati. Thank you my daughter."

The nobleman proves to be very generous, giving a reward of FIVE THOUSAND golden Sasserine crowns to EACH of them.

Viktor is carted off to jail under close guard. In the days to come he is tried and found guilty of kidnapping and attempted murder. Worrin Lidu seeks the death penalty but is thwarted by Zebula Meravanchi, the head of second family in the noble district. The madman is instead sentenced to lifetime imprisonment in the Hellfurnance Mines.
Vrinn
 NPC, 14 posts
Tue 10 Jan 2017
at 18:49
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Vrinn is momentarily forgotten about in the excitement and takes the opportunity to slip out of the house before his involvement is announced. He drags Alohan out with him.

"So... What of us?" he asks the barbarian hopefully.

He sees Alohan's hesitation, and suddenly his form changes. His face swirls, passing through some unpleasant transitionary states, and then reorganised into a recognisable form.
Amarilde Vanderboren
 NPC, 39 posts
Tue 10 Jan 2017
at 18:50
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
The lithe shape of Amarilde Vanderboen now stands in front of the native man, naked from the waist up due to it still only wearing the black silk pants of the hobgoblin monk.

"Please Alohan! I can be whatever you need me to be!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2411 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 10 Jan 2017
at 18:51
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: It's official. This is the Monty haul. Please tell me if there are any items you want to keep rather than sell.

PARTY TREASURE
From Viktor Saint-Demain
Studded leather +2                2,000 gp
Mw diamond-studded sword cane     1,000 gp
2 x mw daggers                      300 gp
a pair of golden lion figurines   8,250 gp
  (note: same stats as norm. lions but only medium size)
diamond brooch                      400 gp
dark purple gentleman's cloak        20 gp
soft basilisk leather boots          50 gp
fine red crushed velvet vest         20 gp
white silk gloves                    40 gp
diamond-studded pocket watch      2,000 gp
loose change                         56 gp

From Rrregle the Gasper
Fine green silk doublet              20 gp
Formal red coat with tails           10 gp
6 cigars                              5 gp

From Durok the Masher
mw warhammer                        150 gp
mw studded leather                   75 gp
heavy wooden shield                  75 gp

From Mange the Cowardly Shifter
Mw rapier                           150 gp

From Grimgraj the Hobgoblin Monk
Bracers of armour +2 (taken by Vrinn)
Loose change                         16 gp

Reward from Worrin Lidu          25,000 gp

TOTAL                            39,637 gp

Angati
 PC, 775 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 07:47
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati could not hold her tears any longer, the emotional charge of the whole day had been too strong. She had feared for her sister's life, for her friends life, she had wanted to murder the man and stopped from doing it at least twice, and she had even thought about cutting off her sister's hand.

She cried with relief on her father's shoulder, and did not let go for a while. After that, she stood almost glued to Zelina for the rest of the evening, the three sisters were together and even with Anansi dead, she could see themselves as a family. Even Anansi danced around, and planted a kiss on her father's cheek... Warren of course did not notice anything but a sudden chill or breeze on his face... but he smiled, and that made Anansi so happy it was impossible to see her and not cry.

They were whole again, she knew there was still work to do... but they were whole again.


Angati almost went into fits when she learned that Viktor had been spared, through the intervention of the Meravanchi's and went as far as actually looking into the possibility of having someone assassinate Viktor in prison... but she knew that would reflect poorly on his family so, she abstained resigned.