2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: archive 0
Celene
 player, 1182 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:46
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene's blood continues to run down the stairs.

-5 HP.
Logan
 player, 702 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 20:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan circles warily around Mange, watching the Werefolf before smirking.  He flourishes the blade, toying with Mange.  "You're afraid of this!"  Logan steps forward and slams the dagger into the werewolf, backing off again and holding the silver up as a ward against the beast.


Attack Mange, hit for 12 damage
Mange is also disoriented.  -2 to attack rolls, -4 vs Logan


HP: 27/33 (1 NL) AC: 23/16/19 CMD:17  F4 R11 W6

Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC)

15:00, Today: Logan rolled 12 using 1d4+3d6.  Damage.
15:00, Today: Logan rolled 28 using 1d20+10.  Die, werewolf, die!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2366 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 20:48
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Mange screams, and clutches at his shoulder where the wound is still smoking from the impact of the silver coated weapon.

"Ahhhhhh! That's it! I quit!"

The werewolf throws down his rapier and raises his hands in the air. He starts shuffling towards the exit.

OOC: Good show AngryJohn!
Angati
 PC, 758 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 21:41
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati concentrated on Victor, she could do nothing with the falcon after all so, making a common sign of bad luck she focused her powers on the man. Then, she got on all fours to get to her sister.


Free : | Swft : | Move : G13| Stnd : Cast I'll omen
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/ill-omen
Remember blur with the falcon

HP: 33 |  AC: 22 24 | CMD : 18 20 | Saves: 4/4/5 6/6/7
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Divine Favor (+2), Prot from Evil (37 rounds), Blur (20% miss)
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells : 5/5
      L1 Spells : 2/7 Sun Metal, Cure Light Wounds, Protect from evil, Cause Fear, Ill Omen (dual cursed),Divine Favour
      L1 Spells : 5/5 Oracles Burden, Cure Moderate Wounds, Spiritual Weapon, Restoration Lesser
      Abilities : Misfortune, Fortune, Starlight Agility (dodge), Time Flicker (1/3 minutes blur).

This message was last updated by the player at 21:41, Wed 21 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2367 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Thu 22 Dec 2016
at 07:04
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Angati:
Angati concentrated on Victor, she could do nothing with the falcon after all so, making a common sign of bad luck she focused her powers on the man. Then, she got on all fours to get to her sister.


Angati casts her spell and then crawls over to the base of the scaffolding.

OOC: Now she needs to use a move action to climb up the structure (about 5  feet) and reach her sister...

...but once she gets there, what will she do?



Angati:
Remember blur with the falcon


OOC: Will do. I did remember to roll for the first two attacks that hit.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:05, Thu 22 Dec 2016.

Angati
 PC, 759 posts
 Oracle 4
Thu 22 Dec 2016
at 08:08
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
I'll try to help vrinn. I don't know if that will be aid another or what... but I guess that will be for next round to worry right?
Alohan Nuari
 player, 592 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Thu 22 Dec 2016
at 17:47
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan was doing all he could from falling off the precipice and plummeting to his death. He spread his limbs out -more surface area to provide the friction he needed- but found himself within arm's reach of Victor. It was unfortunate the idiot didn't fall. He would just have to go and make him.

He knew what he had to do.

Planting a foot, Alohan began to rise. Victor was still quick with the blade and Alohan was in a precarious position but the Islander didn't care. Let the man skewer him. All he needed to do was get his hands on him. "I BE PUTTIN' MAH HANDS' WHERE DEY WANT!" he billowed out, releasing his pele. He smacked Victor on the mouth and grabbed the back of his head. This would be the end for the man- he just didn't know it yet.
... he felt his feet give out before the sudden realization struck him. Fate was a fickle mistress.

12:46, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 31,5 using 1d20+11,1d6+2.  Ragging Grapple Victor.
12:46, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 14,3 using 1d20+11,1d6+2.  CONFIRM?!?!


12:52, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 10 using 1d20+7 ((3)), Forgot this acrobatics.... GOD DAMNIT

Move Action: Stand up provoking AoO (before rage my AC would've been 21)
Free/Swift Action: RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Standard Action: Initiate Grapple
HP:  55/45(RAGE)  AC: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2))   FFoot: 15(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) TOUCH: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) CMD: 19  | 21 Rage(-2) vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+3(+2 RAGE)
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: Possible crit to grab this fool.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:53, Thu 22 Dec 2016.

Kassius
 player, 522 posts
 Hunter 4
Thu 22 Dec 2016
at 22:24
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
With Mange fleeing, and Celene down, Kassius urges Kibeti to move forward and guard her. The cat does so, passing Kassius up the stairs and standing over the fallen sorceress's body, biting at the lion. The lion dodges easily, only to go rigid as an arrow catches him in the eye.



Kassius
22:53, Today: Kassius rolled 15,24,10,9 using 1d20+7,1d20+7,2d6+3,2d6+3.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
+4 AC for cover, -2 AC for grappling. But wait, I forgot bless adds +1 to hit. Am I within point blank range? That would add +1 to hit and damage, which would also make the first shot hit.
If within 30 feet, hit lion twice for 21 damage. If not, hit once for 9 damage.
17:20, Today: Kassius rolled 23 using 1d20+7.  fort save.
17:19, Today: Kassius rolled 29,18,16,13 using 1d20+9,1d20+7,2d6+5,2d6+5.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
17:19, Today: Kassius rolled 23,27 using 1d20+9,4d6+10.  crit confirm.
(Forgot fort save, fatigue gives -1 to hit and damage on all attacks.
43 damage vs lion
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot
If the crit kills the lion, the second shot would be against Scrimshaw, and would miss

HP: 27/33  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger), Fatigued

Kibeti
17:17, Today: Kibeti rolled 10,8 using 1d20+5,1d6+5.  attack, damage vs. lion.
Move Action:Move into Celene's square
Standard Action: Attack Lion

HP: 36/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 20 posts
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 07:37
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan gets to his feet, allowing VIktor to pass his guard.

"Stay down you dog!" screams Viktor as he lashes his rapier across the native's back again and again (8 hp). The barbarian ignores the blows, climbs to his feet, gets angry, bellows out a catchy line, raises his weapon to attack and then... falls off the roof.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:30, Fri 23 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2369 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 07:37
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan grabs Viktors ankle (again!) as he goes down, pulling the sleuth over the side with him. The man screams in pure terror and claws at the roof tiles as he is dragged over. The inquisitor manages to halt his descent right at the edge of the overhanging roof, leaving him hanging by his fingertips from the guttering 80' above the hard cobblestones of the street below. And there Viktor oscillates, his feet frantically pedaling to try and gain purchase in the thin air.

OOC: THanks to raging grappler you can inflict damage on him as you pull him over if you want.

Viktor drops his fancy monster-hand-hilted rapier during the slide and the weapon spins end over end through the rain until it clatters on the unforgiving surface below. It takes several seconds to hit the ground.

OOC: Okay dude, you need to make a DC15 acrobatics check to catch the edge as you go over or otherwise... well, you'd better look up the Pathfinder rules for falling 80'. :(

Back on the stairs, Kibeti bounds past his master to stand over Celene and push the lion off her. For a second the giant albino panther and the huge lion are locked in mortal combat - the panther's smaller frame being made up for by Kibeti's power and ferocity.

OOC: Now that is something I would like to see next time I go to the zoo. Panther vs lion. Have you ever noticed how boring zoos are? The animals hardly ever fight. If I had a billion dollars I would definitely pay to see this fight.

Unfortunately we will never know who would have won such a splendid contest as the next second Kassius puts an arrow through the lion's eye. The creature spasms... and then changes back into a small ivory figurine.

OOC: Okay, that just leaves Celene to play this round. Since all she can do is make another fort check, I will proceed and process the next turn - but please do remember to make the roll Celene.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-TWO>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED> <FALLING TO DEATH?>
Angati  HP: 34/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: -4/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> <DAMAGE FROM ALOHAN?>

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-THREE>

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:30, Fri 23 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2370 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 07:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Viktor steadies himself a bit and then tries to pull himself back up onto the room. Despite a lot of straining he fails, and remains hanging by his fingertips.

DING

Angati has crawled across the ridge of the roof and reached the scaffolding. She is just about to start the short climb up to her sister when the piercing cry of the falcon returns. This time she is much better prepared and just takes cover behind her shield. The creature's attacks are harmlessly deflected, although a deep gorge is left in the surface of her shield - that creature's talons are sharp!

It screams in rage and continues in its arc, ending up out of the illuminated area again.

DING

Vrinn applies the magic salve to Zelina's wrists. The heiress starts pulling and struggling at the manacles, trying to slip her hands out.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:31, Fri 23 Dec 2016.

Vrinn
 NPC, 13 posts
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 07:59
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"No, no, no," mutters Vrinn. "Too slow."

OOC: Indeed, the rules for masterwork manacles are rather harsh:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/escape-artist

OOC: She's need one minute, i.e. 10 rounds, of work in order to get one attempt. The DC will be 28.

The changling starts inspecting the chains. He screws up his face. They are one inch thick heavy links of adamantine, each one crafted with care and precision.

DING

OOC: Harness 20, hp: 30. DC for strength check to break is 35.

He shifts to the lock, holds it in his hand and muses. "Maybe...if I had some tools," he mutters.

OOC: Average lock. DC25 disable device.

THe one-eyed doppleganger looks back down to Angati, who is now climbing up. His face is streaked with rain and lightning flashes across the sky as he yells to her.

"IT'S. NOT. GOING. TO. WORK!"

DING!

This message was last edited by the player at 08:01, Fri 23 Dec 2016.

Anansi
 NPC, 5 posts
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 08:01
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Oh no Angati! I have seen what happens! She DIES ANGATI!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2371 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 08:03
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-THREE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED> <FALLING TO DEATH?>
Angati  HP: 34/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: -5/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING> <ROLL AGAIN PLS>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Viktor Saint-Demain AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL
Silver Falcon: <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> <DAMAGE FROM ALOHAN?>

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-THREE>

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:56, Sun 25 Dec 2016.

Kassius
 player, 523 posts
 Hunter 4
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 12:36
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
There's not much Kassius can do upstairs, and Celene is dying at his feet. Bending down, he touches her, channeling healing power and reviving the badly injured sorceress. Perhaps her magic can help.

Then he and Kibeti hurry upstairs, trying to figure out what's going on.



Kassius
07:33, Today: Kassius rolled 10 using 1d8+5.  CLW.
Standard Action: CLW on Celene
Move Action: Move up the stairs 30 ft.

HP: 27/33  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 2/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger), Fatigued

Kibeti
Full Round Action: Double move up stairs

HP: 36/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Celene
 player, 1187 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 14:14
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Check failed fell to -5 HP. At 5 HP after Kassius' healing.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2373 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 18:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
In reply to Celene (msg # 229):

Cool, she is up and about again though.
Logan
 player, 706 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 18:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
As Mange leaves the area, Logan shoves his dagger into his pack and sprints up the stairs.  At the top, the rogue pauses.  Out of breath, he starts digging through his pack.  "I can pick that lock if we've got enough time!"


Run up stairs.  (120 foot movement)  Arrive at J13

HP: 27/33 (1 NL) AC: 23/16/19 CMD:17  F4 R11 W6

Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC)

No rolls

Alohan Nuari
 player, 601 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Fri 23 Dec 2016
at 22:01
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
With a remarkable amount of quickness, Alohan grabbed ahold of the roof's edge. Victor dangled beside him but saving Zelinda was more important than the sleuth's life. Luckily he boasted the upper body strength to pull himself up. He just needed to save the sister.
16:34, Today: Alohan Nuari rolled 26 using 1d20+7 ((19)), Acrobatics to grab the edge!

Move Action: get up?
Free/Swift Action:
Standard Action: grab the edge 
HP:  47/45(RAGE)  AC: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2))   FFoot: 15(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) TOUCH: 19(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)Rage(-2)) CMD: 19  | 21 Rage(-2) vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+3(+2 RAGE)
Rage: 9   |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note:the damage is up in the above post. Should be 5
Also, if I may add- a minute between escape artist checks seems ridiculous. There has to be some misconception in the rules. I can understand if she is wrapped around the waist and trying to unwound it but.. I dunno. Dont let the hotter sister die!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2374 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 25 Dec 2016
at 10:16
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Logan runs up the stairs and reaches the top (triple move).

OOC: It took the entire round for him to get up there. Next round he can crawl across the top of the roof (a move action) and climb up the scaffolding (another move action).

Alohan grabs onto the edge of the roof after sliding over, and manages to haul himself back up without any problems (we'll say that took the round to pull yourself up (no roll need, Alohan is storng enough) and then stand up on the roof). Viktor snarls at him from below the edge - the detective is still failing in the air while trying to loop one leg up, but lacks the strength to do it properly.

OOC: Also added the 5 hp damage to Viktor, although I think that is going to be the least of the man's worries in a second!

Alohan Nuari:
Also, if I may add- a minute between escape artist checks seems ridiculous. There has to be some misconception in the rules. I can understand if she is wrapped around the waist and trying to unwound it but..


OOC: You know what? You're right - she is bound in multiple places, just at the hands. And what the hell, IT'S CHRISTMAS! I'll let her make a check just at the last instant if Logan isn't able to open the lock.

Celene is revived and Kassius helps her to her feet. The pair stair to make their way up the stairs although they move pretty slowly since Celene was near death and the hunter is fatigued thanks to the gargoyle's arrows.

Kibeti bounds up the stairs without any problem though, and reaches the top.

Angati climbs up the scaffolding to her sister (move action).

OOC: Angati has a standard action left and Celene has her full round to decide on.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:22, Sun 25 Dec 2016.

Celene
 player, 1188 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Sun 25 Dec 2016
at 13:07
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene stood up whispered a prayer and two of her stood on the stairs. She needed some form of cover to move up the stairs and hoped this would do.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : None | Stnd : Cast Grease on self | Full :

Copycat acts as mirror image with one image.


HP:  05/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 5/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16),
                  Charm person (DC 17), Grease (DC 18), Sleep (DC 17),
                  Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 4/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (5/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (4/5),
                  Channeling (0/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

Angati
 PC, 762 posts
 Oracle 4
Sun 25 Dec 2016
at 15:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Ok, so angatis action is to pull Logan up and help him open lock. Sorry from phone
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2376 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 27 Dec 2016
at 11:15
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
A carbon copy of Celene appears beside here.

Angati helps Logan with climbing up the scaffolding (he'll get to the top next round).

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-THREE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED>
Angati  HP: 34/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  5/25 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> -3NL
Silver Falcon: <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-FOUR>

In the bell tower, Scrimshaw observes the remaining party members running up the stairs. He keeps his sights trained on each of them as they sprint up the stairs: first Logan, then Kibeti, then Kassius and Celene. He certainly isn't lacking for targets... so he follows Viktor's instructions on who to hit first.

"Eeny meeny miny... MOE" His bow twangs and an arrow is sent hurtling down, only for it to pass harmlessly through the copy of Celene.

"Shoot a cleric with my... BOW." <twang!> the second arrow flies down and catches the sorceress in the chest, knocking her off her feet and back into unconsciousness AGAIN. (7 hp damage, back to -2 hp).

Kassius is left starting over her. He hears a roar down below him... that lion that Angati scared off is back and looking up at him hungrily.

DING

Viktor strains to get one foot over the edge of the roof but fails again - he simply isn't strong enough to hoist himself up.

DING

Vrinn finishes applying the salve. Zelina pulls and pulls against the manacles (escape artist attempt coming up next round), and also makes muffled comments from behind her gag.

"What? What are you saying? I can't understand you with that gag in your mouth!"

Zelina pauses and stares at him sternly.

"Oh right, take out the gag," mutters Vrinn.

DING

Zelina gulps down a lungful of fresh air. "Viktor! He has the key to the lock in his pocket!"

The falcon cries out in the darkness again and then with a rushing of silver wings swoops back down and divebombs Angati's head. One talon catches her across the face, drawing blood (4 hp).

12:33, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 25 using 1d100.  Time flicker check for Angati.
Nope

DING!

With the sounding of the large chime of midnight, a loud crunching sound is heard from the gears above the bell. Vrinn curses and climbs up onto the bell, frantically trying to work out how to stop the disaster that is unfolding. He squints through the driving rain at the mechanics, takes the dagger from his (Grimgraj 's) waistband and jams it into the big flywheel of the mechanism.

12:18, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 10 using 1d20+8.  Vrinn disable device to jam up the bell.

The big cog simply grinds right over the dagger without even pausing. The wheel starts slipping. Zelina screams. Lightning shoots across the sky and thunder roars.

OOC: Logan gets to make a DC25 disable device check to open the lock. Then I will give Zelina a shoot at the DC35 escape artist check to pull out of the manacles. Then... well... the bell will start rolling down the roof to Zelina's doom.

<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-FOUR>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 37/45 <MF USED>
Angati  HP: 29/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: -2/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED> <FATIGUED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> -3NL
Silver Falcon: <MF NOT USED>

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> -5

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-FOUR>

No map update this round. Celene and Kassius are about halfway up the stairs. Kibeti has just reached the roof. Logan is at the bottom of the scaffold, Angati and Vrinn are at the top of the scaffold. Alohan is at the edge of the roof, standing over Viktor.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:34, Tue 27 Dec 2016.

Angati
 PC, 763 posts
 Oracle 4
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 10:13
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"OMI.... RUN TAKE THE KEY OFF VIKTOR's POKET... GO !!!" Angati hoped that Viktor being left hanging to avoid falling would not be able to defend against the little OMI climbing down to pick up his key...

Meanwhile, Angati pulled Logan up.

OOC: Anything she could do to block the bell from rolling down the roof ? anything that would impede the rolling ? breaking the roof or putting something that stops it before it gains momentum?
I just can't think of anything short of cutting Zelinas left hand off... but that is what Angati would do if things get to that point...

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2379 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 28 Dec 2016
at 11:16
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: That is a good idea with Omi. Please make a DC15 acrobatics check for the little critter to see if he can get down to Viktor and back without slipping on the greasy roof. He isn't going to make it back in time though.

As for Angati, does she have any points in 'disable device'? If yes, she can make a DC20 disable device check to try and stop the mechanism for one round. Otherwise she can do nothing but watch helplessly - the bell is far to heavy to stop it by grabbing hold.

Also, Zelina is attached to the manacles with both hands... hmm, true... you would only need to chop one of her hands off in order to free her, but that does seem a little... extreme, doesn't it? Maybe save that for after she has had her escape artist check at the start of next round and Logan has had his shot to open the lock.