2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: archive 0
Alohan Nuari
 player, 585 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Sun 18 Dec 2016
at 18:56
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"I get ahead and get de Archer!" Alohan screamed. Perhaps aiding Angati against one of the lions would have been wiser but the Native knew the combined force of the others would make short work of  the animated creature. He was feeling the pressure of the ambush. They needed to get off of these stairs.

High above him -at the apex of the staircase- that damn gargoyle. He grit his teeth and charged up the stairs.

Standard Action: Get up the stairs
Move Action: Get up the stairs
Free/Swift Action:

HP:  45/45()  AC: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2))   FFoot: 17(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)) TOUCH: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)) CMD: 21  | 23 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+1
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: Okay -plan is to get to the top of the stairs and use my Ring of Jumping to grapple Scrimshaw and pull him from his vantage point. Then pummel his face off his face. I am nervous tho cause I dont want to get to the top by myself. If Alohan sees the rest of Viktor's crew is at the top waiting for him, ill retreat.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:57, Sun 18 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2338 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 18 Dec 2016
at 19:34
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan Nuari:
Okay -plan is to get to the top of the stairs and use my Ring of Jumping to grapple Scrimshaw and pull him from his vantage point.


???!!! - but Scrimshaw is perched on a rafter 80' up in the air! You can try and tackle him if you want to, but dragging him from the beam would be a disaster for you both.

Alohan Nuari:
I am nervous tho cause I dont want to get to the top by myself. If Alohan sees the rest of Viktor's crew is at the top waiting for him, ill retreat.


Well, Vrinn gave you a run down of the crew that Viktor was running with and Alohan knows who must be left at the top: Viktor, Vrinn impersonating Grimgraj and the animated Silver Falcon. Not impossible odds, and maybe better than staying on the stairs until Scrimshaw manages to hit you with one of those fatiguing arrows.

Alohan has to run 115', or 23 squares to get to the top. Since his movement rate is 40'/round or 8 squares/round, if he does a triple move he can make it.

That all said, I would LOVE to see him use the ring of jumping and tackle Scrimshaw up in the rafters. That would be EPIC!!

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2339 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Sun 18 Dec 2016
at 19:42
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

Updated battle map. Alohan is at the top of the stairs being a hero. Celene still to play.
Celene
 player, 1172 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 16:42
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene draws on the power within her and sends it coursing through her arms and out through her outstretched hands. Purple flames spread out in a fan from her fingertips.

Edited my stat block to remove that spell. Still used a 1st level spell. Still use the misfortune to roll again.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : None | Stnd : Cast Burning Hands | Full :

Casting Burning Hands Reflex DC 16 or take 9 damage. Successful save takes 4 damage.

15:54, Today: Celene rolled 9 using 4d4.  Fire Damage.


HP:  25/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 6/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16),
                  Charm person (DC 17), Grease (DC 18), Sleep (DC 17),
                  Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 4/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (5/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (5/5),
                  Channeling (0/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:55, Mon 19 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2341 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 20:46
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene:
Celene draws in her will and kindles a purple fire within her. She channels in out through her facial features causing her eyes to flare with a dull purple light. She sends visions of the lion dying various horrible deaths into the mind of the great cat.


OOC: Hang on. Can Celene cast 'cause fear' as well?

The lion pauses and shakes its head, try to clear out the terrible image that has been placed in its head. It succeeds, and advances on Celene.

Angati blinks. In the new reality the spell works and the lion roars in fear before jumping over the railing and 20' down to the ground (well, okay, 17.5' down actually - 1 hp non-leathal taken, scared for 3 rounds).

Celene smiles, not realising the assistance that Angati provided and thinking she did it all herself, and starts running up the stairs after Alohan.


Celene burns the lion for 4 points of damage.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 45/45 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 46/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 25/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #1 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF NOT USED> <FRIGHTENED> -1NL -4
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>


(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-ONE>

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:27, Wed 21 Dec 2016.

Logan
 player, 699 posts
 Unchained Rogue 5
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 20:59
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Behind Mange, Logan tried to stab his silver weapon into the werewolf, but narrowly missed his target.


Attack Mange, Miss

HP: 27/33 (1 NL) AC: 23/16/19 CMD:17  F4 R11 W6

Abilities: Invisibility, Resiliency
Barkskin (+2 Natural AC)

15:57, Today: Logan rolled 16 using 1d20+10.  Silver Dagger Attack vs Mange (Bless, Flanking).

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2342 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Manage moves to one side, escaping the flanked position between Logan and Kibeti - as least for a second. He swings at Kibeti as he moves but fails to hit.

"Oh frac it," he curses. "I knew those stupid statues would be worthless."

Logan:
"Hey, Wolfman!  Want some of this?"


The lycanthrope pales as he sees the silver coated weapon in Logan's grip. "You, you, you put that away," he stammers. "I mean it! I will slice you up little half-elf boy if you don't put that away."

From high up in his perch, Scrimshaw calmly reloads as he watches Alohan printing up the stairs two at a time. When the native makes it up onto the roof before he can take aim, the gargoyle doesn't give any sign of disappointment - it is all the same to him really.

Instead he shifts his aim to the secondary target - the unarmoured sorceress. She is running up much slower, and the creature only needs to aim slightly in front of her in order to allow for her speed. <swoosh!> <swoosh!> Two arrows fly towards the cleric and pass through her left shoulder. (10 hp damage). The red eyes of the gargoyle blink and up in the ceiling rafters he starts notching the next arrow.
Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 17 posts
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:17
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Up on roof, Viktor watches the progress of the combat with dismay. "Damn, damn, damnation!" he pulls a fancy gold watch on a long chain out of his pocket and looks at the time, then back down at the charging form of Alohan closing the distance on the stairs very fast. "Damnation! I will have to bring the timetable forwards. Damn them for making me do this wrong!"

The sleuth turns to Grimgraj. "Hold the barbarian at the top of the stairs while I start the mechanism," he instructs.

"Grimgraj" takes his positions at the top of the stairs and assumes a suitably martial looking pose. "Don't worry boss, I've got your back," he says without any trace of irony in his voice at all.

As Viktor turns away, the changling slips a dagger from his waist band and turns to follow him.

OOC: Okay, here's the deal. If Vrinn hits, then he stops Viktor flicking the switch that starts the mechanism that will send Angati's sister to her death in a couple of rounds. If he misses... well, then it starts.

22:04, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 9 using 1d20+8.  Vrinn sneak attack on Viktor.
OOC: I swear to God that I did not cheat on that!!! And you know me guys. I have killed Logan enough times that you know I don't mess around.

Hmm, although that just proves things the other way. Whatever! I didn't fudge the roll!

Angati can't use MF as she doesn't have LOS.


Vrinn raises the dagger high above his head and brings it down towards a spot at the bottom of Viktor's neck. At the last moment the inquisitor spins and deflect the blow which the tail of his cloak and then brings his own rapier up in a smooth motion and passes it into Vrinn's stomach. Viktor hugs the doppelganger close, and whispers into his ear. "Grimgraj is left handed, you complete and utter fraking moron." Vrinn whimpers in pain. (Okay, only 7 hp damage, so using a bit of poetic license here). Viktor snarls and kicks him off the blade, sending the bleeding changling cartwheeling back over the roof top. Viktor spins back around, his cape whirling around him, and walks the two yards over to the bell.

"Well Zelina, it looks like it is time for you to meet the 'Chimes of Midnight' my dear." The poor noblewoman looks down from her position bound on the big copper bell (it's about the size of the liberty bell) and cries out as best as she can through the gag. Viktor starts laughing a little but it quickly turns into a savage snarl. He flicks the switch and the mechanism around the bell begins to turn.

OOC: You have three rounds to get her free. You'd better hurry up those stairs people!

This message was last edited by the player at 21:18, Mon 19 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2343 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:21
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-ONE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 45/45 <MF NOT USED>
Angati  HP: 46/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  2/25 <MF NOT USED> <GRAPPLED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED> <PRONE>

Lion #1 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF NOT USED> <GRAPPLED>
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>


(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-ONE>

Despite Logan moving position to regain flanking on Mange, the werewolf is able to dodge the attack.

"I'm, I'm warning you! No more silver!" screams the wolfman.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:56, Tue 20 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2344 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:30
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

The stairs.


The roof-top.
Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 18 posts
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 21:44
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan finally reaches the top of the spiral stairs and steps out onto the roof.

The roof is a 40' square, slopping quite steeply away from a central peak. At this centre point stands some sort of ungainly contraption - a wooden pedestal looking like a cross between a hangman's gallows and a treehouse - with a large copper bell swinging off the central beam. There is a huge metal cogged wheel above the contraption, and this is starting to spin.

And chained to the bell with masterwork adamantine manacles is Zelina Lidu - heiress to the most powerful family in the city. She is sobbing heavily with her head slumped down on her chest, but looks up as Alohan arrives, making eye contact with the young prince through her tear stained eyes.

To one side of the staircase is the changling, now shifting back from the form of hobgoblin monk into his true grey skinned one-eyed state. The doppelganger is holding his side to stop the blood flowing out of a nasty wound in his stomach.

And in front of the bell stands Viktor Saint-Demain, a gleeful smirk on his face, and both hands on the top of his sword cane.


"Ahhh, our savage friend. Well, you are just in time to hear the chimes of midnight. And when you do I am afraid that this rather crude jury rigged contraption will collapse, sending our poor miss Lidu hurtling off the side of the tower." Viktor makes no move to arm himself and appears completely at ease with his superiority over the barbarian in the art of swordplay.

Alohan obviously can't judge the correctness of his claims on the mechanics, but judging by the steep roof (about 30 inclince) he can see that if the bell falls it will definitely roll. Looking to the sides of the roof he sees there are no handrails - it is a straight drop 80' down to certain death.

Just then the rain starts gain. Powerful drops lash the crumbling stone bell tower, splattering across the native's powerful naked torso. A jagged streak of lightning is visible for an instant before a massive peal of thunder crashes across the roof - the storm is right above them now. The barbarian is night blind for a second and while his eyes recover from the white flash, and he hears a piercing shriek coming from somewhere out in the night. He suddenly remembers Vrinn's description of Viktor's pet, and the night seems so much darker again.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2346 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 07:54
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
OOC: Okay, this is from the previous round since Celene cast burning hands, and not cause fear.

Celene unleashes her spell on the lion, but it avoids most of the fire (4 hp damage).

The animal snarls and bounds down the stairs towards her, jumping at her from several steps above. The sorceress is knocked back as the lion lands on her and bites down hard on her shoulder (13 hp - max damage) and then hugs her in tight with its claws (free grapple attack is successful).

OOC: Also, Celene is now fatigued by the arrows that hit her. Also, please make 2 x DC16 fort saves or become exhausted. Also, she is now grappled.

Celene doesn't get to run up the stairs and is still on step 4. Lion #1 is on step 5.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:55, Tue 20 Dec 2016.

Celene
 player, 1176 posts
 Sorcerer 4 / Cleric 1
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 13:03
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Celene struggles feebly in the lion's grasp.


Free :  | Swft :  | Move : None | Stnd : Cast Grease on self | Full :

07:58, Today: Celene rolled 24 using 1d20+4.  Fort Save.

07:58, Today: Celene rolled 23 using 1d20+4.  Fort Save.

08:01, Today: Celene rolled 10 using 1d20+9.  Concentration DC 24.

Spell Failed even with reroll.

08:02, Today: Celene rolled 16 using 1d20+9.  Concentration MF reroll.

08:01, Today: Celene rolled 10 using 1d20+9.  Concentration DC 24.


HP:  02/25 |  AC: 14/14/14  | CMD : 15 | Saves: +4/+2/+9
Special Notes:
      (De)Buffs : Mage Armor 3 Hours
     Conditions :
      L0 Spells :
       - Unlim. : Detect poison, Dancing Lights, Daze (DC15), Flame Burst,
                  Mage Hand, Message,
                  Guidance, Read Magic, [empty slot])

       - 1/day  : Detect Magic, Light , Prestidigitation
      L1 Spells :
       - 5/8    : Burning Disarm (DC 16), Burning Hands (DC 16),
                  Charm person (DC 17), Grease (DC 18), Sleep (DC 17),
                  Summon Monster I

       - 1/day  : Bless, Command (DC 14), Protection from Evil,
      L2 Spells :
       1 4/5    : Glitterdust (DC 19)
      Abilities : Flame lance (5/7), Divine Vessel (5/5), Copycat (5/5),
                  Channeling (0/7, DC14), Blessing Faithful (-),
                  Wand of Magic Missile (41)

This message was last edited by the player at 16:03, Tue 20 Dec 2016.

Alohan Nuari
 player, 588 posts
 Barbarian 3 / Monk 2
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 15:29
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
It was a surreal experience reaching the top of the bell tower only to find a younger, hotter, Angati strapped to a bell. The sheer direness of the situation gave him enough clarity to evaluate everything he could possibly do in this moment. Admittedly -it wasn't much. She was firmly attached to the chime and Alohan doubted he could tear her free without significantly damaging her. He thought maybe he would be able to stop the bell from pivoting and rolling off but doubted Victor was going to make it easy on him. There had to be another way.

While Victor went about his monologue, Alohan's hand drifted to his belt -specifically to the tangle of capped gourds and corked coconuts fixed to his side. Potions, salves, and greases he had used at one point or another. It was then that he developed an idea. Lather the Lidu girl up and pull her out of her chains. Some may say it was just an excuse to get his hands on a woman but Alohan would ignore those comments.

In order to do this, he needed help. He needed to draw Victor away. "Vrinn, my kapu." he began rushing over to the dobbleganger. "I be havin' a salve here, a magical grease. Get to de girl and start putting dis about her bounds." He was about to get up and go about the business of kicking Victor's ass when he paused -part of him felt he owed the dopple an apologize. Look, I know I be hurtin' ya and I know ya be havin' some feelin's for me. Maybe we be gettin' ta talkin' after dis all be done. But for now, I need to take care of dis one"

With an air of confidence, Alohan rose and turned to St Dumb Dumb. Taking a few deliberate steps, he moved towards the swashbuckler -taiaha in hand.


Move Action: Give Vrinn the Salve of Slipperiness
Move Action: Move to engage the Victor.
Free/Swift Action: Talk

HP:  45/45()  AC: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2))   FFoot: 17(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)) TOUCH: 21(Mge(+3)/Shield(+2)) CMD: 21  | 23 vs grapple Saves: +8/+6/+1
Rage: 10  |  10  Stunning Fist: 1  |  1  Note: sacrifice any attacks to do everything I want to do

Vrinn
 NPC, 11 posts
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 18:56
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan Nuari:
"I be havin' a salve here, a magical grease. Get to de girl and start putting dis about her bounds."


"What?!" exclaims Vrinn. He motions down to the small wound in his stomach. "I'm bleeding out here man! Am I nothing else to you but cannon fodder?"

Alohan Nuari:
Look, I know I be hurtin' ya and I know ya be havin' some feelin's for me. Maybe we be gettin' ta talkin' after dis all be done. But for now, I need to take care of dis one"


"Ugh! Fine then! Whatever," the changling gets to his feet. "Across the rooftop of certain death goes poor Vrinn," he mutters.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2349 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 18:56
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan Nuari:
With an air of confidence, Alohan rose and turned to St Dumb Dumb. Taking a few deliberate steps, he moved towards the swashbuckler -taiaha in hand...


...and releases the trap he has walked into immediately. A flash of lightning across the sky reveals the slopping rooftop in stark relief and the water washing down it - the water isn't running down in sheets, it is beading up. Viktor must have applied from sort of slippery surface on it. The next second Alohan is fighting to keep his feet. As he starts to slip over he gets a look at Viktor's shoes - the sleuth has some sort of sprigs on the bottom allowing him to grip the clay tiles of the roof with ease.

OOC: DC20 acrobatics check or fall prone and start sliding off the roof to the south. No MF reroll since Angati doesn't have LOS yet.

The coating has been applied to all squares in column E to H.

So Logan missed, Alohan is slipping, Angati is running up the stairs and Celene is being eaten... looks like just Kassius and Kibeti are left to play.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:57, Tue 20 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2350 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 19:02
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

Mid turn updated battle map for those of you who are getting lost. Celene is off the map and running up the stairs. Alohan is off the map and on the roof. Scrimshaw is also no shown on the map.</i>

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:03, Tue 20 Dec 2016.

Kassius
 player, 520 posts
 Hunter 4
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 03:58
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius couldn't see exactly what was going on at the top of the tower, but had to assume that Angati, Alohan, and Vrinn could take care of it. The battle down here still needed his aid. Aiming at the lion savaging Celene he fires, hitting.

Kibeti continues to attack, more to distract the foe for Logan's silver dagger than to accomplish anything significant, although his smite allows his claws to do at least minimal damage as they strike repeatedly.



Kassius
22:53, Today: Kassius rolled 15,24,10,9 using 1d20+7,1d20+7,2d6+3,2d6+3.  Rapid shot attack, damage.
+4 AC for cover, -2 AC for grappling. But wait, I forgot bless adds +1 to hit. Am I within point blank range? That would add +1 to hit and damage, which would also make the first shot hit.
If within 30 feet, hit lion twice for 21 damage. If not, hit once for 9 damage.
Full Round Action: Rapid Shot

HP: 33/33  AC 19 (FF=14, Touch=15), Saves+7/+10(11)/+5
Spells Slots: 1st: 3/5; 2nd: 1/3;  Animal Focus Minutes Left: 3/5, Door Sight 6/6
Current Buffs: Gravity Bow, animal focus (tiger)

Kibeti
22:56, Today: Kibeti rolled 24,24,17,13,12,16 using 1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d6+10,1d6+10,1d6+10.  Full attack (bite/claw/claw), damage.
Argh, forgot bless (and flank) again. All three attacks hit, for a total of 11 damage after DR.
Full Round Action:Full Attack Mange

HP: 36/36AC 19 (21) (FF=15(17),Touch=14), Saves+6/+8/+5
Current Animal Focus: bull(+2 str)
Current Buffs: Barkskin

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2356 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 07:25
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Kassius lands two good shots on the lion (21 hp) but the beast never pauses in its work of tearing Celene apart.

Kibeti is begin to gain ground on the werewolf and his attacks begin to sting (11 hp).

OOC: I'll let Ron make his role again slipping before I begin the next round.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 2360 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:32
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Alohan's feet slip out from under him and he starts careening down the roof towards the edge. Vrinn's hands fly to his mouth in terror.
Vrinn
 NPC, 12 posts
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:32
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Watch out for the edge," screams Vrinn rather redundantly.
Victor Saint-Demain
 NPC, 19 posts
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:33
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
"Sigh. Outclassed in all categories. Physical, mental, spiritu... waak!" Viktor Saint-Demain cries out as the barbarian grabs his ankle on the way down. The sleuth's feet are jerked off the roof and Viktor hits the back of his head on a roofing tile. Then Alohan is dragging him down the roof, both of them spinning uncontrollably. By the time the villain has used his special shoes to regain his feet, they are both on the edge of the precipice.

<END OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-ONE>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 45/45 <MF NOT USED> <PRONE>
Angati  HP: 46/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP:  2/25 <MF NOT USED> <GRAPPLED>
Kassius HP: 33/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED> <PRONE>

Lion #1 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF NOT USED> <GRAPPLED> -4 -21
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED> <PRONE>

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Protection from Evil to round 37
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-TWO>

Viktor gets to his feet. His beautiful purple cloak is now filthy with tar and ripped in several places. "Ahhh! You miserable cur! You disgusting savage! You shall not lay your hands upon me!"

He unsheathes his blade from the inside of his cane, welding the crazy monster foot handle with ease. He starts throwing blows at Alohan, waving his sword around like an irate carriage driver would use his buggy whip on a horse, and punctuates each swing with another one. "Do. Not. Attack. Your. Betters!"

19:49, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 11 using 1d20+10.  Viktor attacks Alohan.
Huh. Nat one.

"Woah! Wooooah!" screams Viktor as his first attack almost sends him over the edge. The madman windmills his arms frantically to try and regain his balance and avoid falling 80' to his death below. He recovers his balance, but Alohan is untouched.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:35, Wed 21 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2361 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:33
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight
Vrinn begins the delicate task of traversing the ridge of the greasy roof, muttering to himself about the injustice of life as he goes. He moves carefully on all fours (and therefore at half speed) and reaches the ramshackle bell tower safely. The wooden structure is not grease and he climbs up it to reach Zelina with ease.

"Hello young lady! We haven't met before but I am Vrinn and here to save you!"

Zelina stares at the grey one-eyed doppelganger in wide eyed terror.

Angati makes it to the top of the stairs. She has to pause at the horrific sight of her sister bound to a hung bell that is starting to move...

DING

DING

DING

DING

The clapper inside the bell begins to strike out the chimes of midnight and the end of her sister's life.

Angati locks eyes with Zelina, and sees that the girl is terrified. But... Zelina is looking behinds her...

Angati does not hear the gentle 'woosh' of air as the family crest, now turned into a terrifying construct, swoops in and lashes out at her head with talons and beak. It connects and for a second Angati things that her head is going to be torn off (12 hp), but then the bird is moving on again, hardly pausing in its flight. The horrible creature vanishes into the darkness, shrieking in success.

OOC: Checked for 'time flicker' for both hits - no luck. The falcon is now back out in the darkness where Angati can't see.

Meanwhile, back down on the spiral staircase, a completely separate battle rages.

OOC: Sigh, I have been dreading this bit.

20:23, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 10,18,9 using 1d20+7,1d20+7,1d20+7.  Bite, claw, claw on Celene.
20:24, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 6 using 1d4+5.  Claw damage.
Hmm, could have been worse.


The lion release Celene and used the gap to rake a claw across her chest (6 hp). The sorceress collapses, her life blood spilling down the staircase like a red stream.

"Drop the silver!" scream Mange. He is so scared of the little dagger in Logan's hands that he misses the thief totally.

Scrimshaw selects his next target... the only member of the party with a decent missile weapon. He fires straight down and one arrow lands in the half-orc's shoulder (6 hp).

OOC: Kassius is now fatigued. DC16 for save or become exhausted. No MF as Angati is not around.

<END OF BAD GUYS' ROUND SIXTY-TWO>

HIT POINTS & MISFORTUNE
Alohan  HP: 45/45 <MF NOT USED> <PRONE>
Angati  HP: 34/46 <MF NOT USED>
Logan   HP: 17/33 <MF NOT USED>
Celene  HP: -4/25 <MF NOT USED> <UNCONSCIOUS> <DYING>
Kassius HP: 27/33 <MF NOT USED>
Kibeti  HP: 36/36 <MF NOT USED>
Vrinn   HP: 18/25 <MF NOT USED>

Lion #1 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF NOT USED> -4 -21
Lion #2 AC:15/T12/F12 <MF USED> <FRIGHTENED> -3NL

Mange (Werewolf) AC:18/T13/F15 <MF USED> -4 -11
Scimshaw (The Ivory Gargoyle) AC:19/T15/F14  <MF NOT USED>
Viktor AC:17/T12/F15 <MF NOT USED>

(De-)Buffs
Whole Party
Bless until round 115

Alohan
Mage armour

Angati
Protection from Evil to round 100
Divine Favour to round 70
Time Flicker to round 110

Logan
Barkskin to round 300

Kassius
Gravity bow to round 110

Kibeti
Barkskin to round 300

Celene
Mage armour

Omi
Shield of Faith to round 300

Vrinn
Shield of Faith to round 360
Fancy perfume
Bracers of Armour +2


<START OF PLAYERS' ROUND SIXTY-TWO>

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:35, Wed 21 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2362 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:34
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

Situation on the stairs.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:43, Wed 21 Dec 2016.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 2363 posts
 All Powerfull
 DM
Wed 21 Dec 2016
at 19:39
Re: 2.6 - Angati and the Chimes of Midnight

The situation on the roof. The falcon is not visible as it is outside the illuminated area.

Alohan has stopped sliding and is not prone in H17. He can get to his feet (although this will trigger an AoO from Viktor), but if he attacks within the green area he will need a DC16 acrobatics check. He can also crawl outside the area and then move as normal.