Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Emerald
 PC, 206 posts
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 17:57
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Emerald wishes she could cast Comprehend Languages again, but since it requires a verbal component, she can't. Times like this make the ability to cast silently a very tempting prospect indeed. But then again, Emerald wants to learn all languages anyway, so she listens carefully and quietly takes note of the sounds.

13:52, Today: Emerald rolled 14 using 1d20+13.  Nature.
Grabthar
 PC, 148 posts
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 14:41
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Grabthar is more convinced every day that it will take a full-scale army to tame this land.  And even then, only if said army has some high level casters.  He readies his javelins for the inevitable battle.


(( 10:31, Today: Grabthar rolled 16 using 1d20+5.  nature. ))
Ethiendar
 PC, 218 posts
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 15:38
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Ethiendar walks to the bow of the boat; bow out with an arrow on the string, though not aimed at the approaching craft.

ooc: 11:38, Today: Ethiendar rolled 12 using 1d20+1.  know nature.
Emerald
 PC, 207 posts
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 20:55
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Emmy likes her allies' ideas and draws her bow quietly to be ready.
Grabthar
 PC, 150 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 02:04
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Grabthar whispers, "Strange.  This isn't the kind of climate Lizardfolk usually live in."
Narrator
 NPC, 63 posts
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 15:56
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
When the two Lizardfolk in the craft reached the middle of the river they looked around confused. Continual plodding could be heard on the shore. One of the lizardfolk called back to the group on shore. A response was given, followed by what could be construed as an order. The sound of the plodding sounded like it was coming toward section of river the plant raft was on. Sure enough, the group could be seen leaving the fog. Five boggards in chains linked together, followed by an eight-legged lizard and two more Lizardfolk exited the fog on the shore. The eight-legged lizard looked to be controlled by the two on shore. It also looked to be carrying a load of luggage, as if they were on there way to collect resources. One of the boggards noticed the raft on the river and surreptitiously smacked his neighbor and pointed. His neighbor looked and nodded silently in return. At the same time, one of the Lizardfolk also noticed the raft. He yelled something to the two on the river and then pulled something from a pouch on his belt. The two on the river looked down river and noticed the raft coming the wrong direction. Their direction soon changed course.

ooc



Red Outlines are enemies, yellows are non-combatants.

4 red-green squares are lizardfolk, purple is "8 legged lizard", 5 yellow-green squares are Boggards - these are chained and can't move separately right now. You guys are the green-brown 'boat' heading 'north'. Placements of characters on 'boat' will be up to you guys and I will update when done. Use 'left', 'right', 'center', 'top/up', 'bottom/down' and similar location descriptive words for character placement please. Putting labels on such a large grid is way more work than it's worth.
Emerald
 PC, 208 posts
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 04:39
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
(OOC: Emerald is just one square up from the bottom-right corner of our raft. So the lizardfolk have spotted us and are no longer in the fog?)
Grabthar
 PC, 151 posts
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 06:18
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
( Grabthar is one square shy of the upper-right corner of raft, keeping 5' between himself and the water. )
Ethiendar
 PC, 219 posts
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 19:03
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Ethiendar soon leaves the bow of their craft, and approaches the strix guards and Grekan.

"I would like your guards to assist by capturing the two lizardfolk in the boat. The humans and I will take care of the group on the ground." he addresses Grekan; waiting for the Elder's response.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:19, Fri 04 Aug 2017.

Narrator
 NPC, 64 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 05:59
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
The Strix group just stares at Ethiendar before using their wings as fingers in front of their beaks and going 'SSSSShhhh'.

As the canoe of lizardfolk reaches the raft the lizardfolk in it look inside and report back to shore in their shrill speak. They then lower their spears at everyone in the boat, though they don't attempt to board.



ooc: They were poling the canoe with their spears.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:41, Thu 17 Aug 2017.

Grabthar
 PC, 152 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 17:54
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Grabthar readies both his weapons with a stern expression that shows that he'll fight back fiercely if attacked.

"Must be pretty shallow here if they can use spears to move their raft," he concludes, "That's good.  Less likely to have something huge hiding in the water.  Even so, I'm far more comfortable fighting on land if we could come ashore after these two, please."
Emerald
 PC, 210 posts
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 18:03
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Emerald readies her Scimitar. She says nothing for now, but is ready to sing and kick up bardic performance the moment combat breaks out. Combat will make noise anyway, so there would be little point in being quiet at that point.
Narrator
 NPC, 65 posts
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 13:52
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
One of the lizardfolk in the canoe addresses the party in its own tongue; a whispy, raspy language. It seems slightly confused and pretty agitated. The 'dressed up' lizardfolk on shore yells something out to the canoe and the lizard addressing the party answers back. Neither lizardfolk in the canoe changes their stance.
Emerald
 PC, 211 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 01:54
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Emerald says, "I'm sorry, but I don't speak your language. Gimme a sec..." and she casts comprehend languages in hopes of communicating.

After casting it, Emerald says, "I can now speak your language. Please repeat what you were saying?"

21:51, Today: Emerald rolled 18 using 1d20+8.  Spellcraft to cast Comprehend Languages.
Narrator
 NPC, 66 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 05:16
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
The lizardfolk made a short hiss and annoyed whistle sound and then repeated what it said.  The lizardfolk looked around at everyone expecting all of you to understand.
Emerald
 PC, 212 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 05:28
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Emerald answers, <Lizardfolk>"My name is Emerald. These are my friends Grabthar, Ethiendar and Tarsis. The others are some allies of ours. We are explorers, looking to learn about this area of the world. Sorry about having you repeat; none of us know your language, so I had to use magic to understand you."</Lizardfolk>
Narrator
 NPC, 67 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 17:13
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
The lizardfolk in the boat stares at Emerald for a moment before yelling back at the shore.  The lizardfolk on shore look at the raft and look puzzled for a moment before screeching back.  The boatlizards((boatmen?)) reel the craft closer to the boat and start maneuvering around it. They look at each other bewildered for a moment before tossing a rope at one of the protruding sections of the boat. They aren't stupid, but they aren't gonna disobey orders either.
Emerald
 PC, 213 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 23:59
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Emerald sighs and turns to the others, speaking common. "Their leader thinks us invaders and ordered these guys to capture us and 'let Lady N'kari deal with' us. Personally, I think they are only following orders. Can we do our best to not kill them when we start fighting?"
Ethiendar
 PC, 221 posts
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 04:07
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
"We might not even need to fight. Allow them to board and then surround them once they get far enough from their boat. Four strix warriors armed with bows and you along with Grabthar ready for close combat should be enough to get them to surrender."
Grabthar
 PC, 153 posts
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 00:43
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Grabthar reverses his grip on the javelin so that it winds up with the blunt end facing the lizardfolk.

"Very well."
Tarsis
 GM, 320 posts
 The Biggest, The Baddest
 ... you get the idea.
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 20:42
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Tarsis guides the helm toward the shore as he speaks up, "Ay' Don' count me outta da mix yet, laddie. Ah got me some tricks up me sleeves still." He narrows his eyes on the one lizardfolk on shore.
Narrator
 NPC, 68 posts
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 20:48
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
The two lizardboatmen tug the plantcraft to shore and it bumps softly off of something before sticking in the muck. The three lizardfolk with spears aim their business ends at the point of easiest departure.  The dressed up lizardfolk waves her hands at the party while yelling. The two on the boat hop on to the raft and start prodding with their spears.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:24, Sat 26 Aug 2017.

Grabthar
 PC, 154 posts
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 03:04
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
If the rest of his friends look like they're going to comply, Grabthar disembarks.  Though he doesn't drop his weapons, he makes sure not to do anything threatening with them for the moment.  He deliberately keeps his eyes away from Tarsis, hoping whatever it is he's got up his sleeve will go unnoticed until it is too late for the enemy.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:11, Sun 27 Aug 2017.

Emerald
 PC, 214 posts
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 03:12
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Emerald agrees with Eth's plan. No reason not to. So she complies and follows his lead. In common, she comments, "As you might guess, the leader is freaking out about us not being tied up yet."
Ethiendar
 PC, 222 posts
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 17:35
Act 1 Scene 8 - Snakes and ... Ladders?
Ethiendar moves away; giving the spear lizards more room on the raft; but away from any easy way to get onto land.

"Bows out and surround the lizardfolk boarding party but do not fire. If you could assist Elder Grekan, it would be much appreciated." he commands the other strix. He will draw his shadowbow once the other strix are armed and in position.

"Grabthar, move behind the lizardfolk once you can and block them from their boat. Emerald, demand their surrender once everyone is in place."