Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings.   Posted by Ayleurian.Group: 0
Ayleurian
 PC, 1 post
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 04:19
Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
The city was bustling in the background, people traveling from place to place. Horses and other mounts neighing or roaring or showing signs of discomfort or impatience one way or another. The oxen beasts hooked up to the wagons jostled in their yokes as their drivers positioned them in to place. A young looking lady with a gold mane((literal gold)) wearing a fine suit of light armor, almost archaic in this day and age but not entirely without its merits for adventurer-types, walked up and down the line surveying the caravan. After giving a nod of approval at the last driver, she turned to the finely dressed man standing back off the street. "Looks like it's all in order, sir." She then turned to the group of mercs and orderlies that was hired for protection and everyday duties during the trip. "We've got a long trip ahead of us. Don't think we'll have it light where we're goin'. Best be prepared for the worst. It's my job to make sure you get there in one piece, it's your job to make sure we get there. There's 'counts of beasts the like you've never seen before, and stories say the canyon is littered with mysteries. Some of the best have gone in there, and have yet to return. The corporation says they want what's in there, and hired us to make sure it happens. Let's not let them down. 'I've got too much vested to turn back now.'" She finished under her breath. "My name's Ayleurian ((pronounced ail-lure-ian)) and I'm both the Wagon Master and Caravan Healer. I'm in charge during the trip, so ye better listen. I'mma gonna split ye all into groups and assign ye a wagon. Yer in charge of that wagon. Some kind-hearted wizards have placed a few tele-circles outside the city to get us as close to our destination as magic can do, but I'll warn ye, it's always a jumbled mess once we arrive. It'll be your jobs to gather up the wagon your in and make sure it gets to the gathering point if it's not there. There's something that messes with dimensional travel around the area of the canyon, so this will be as close as we can get, relatively-safely that is. Go ahead and introduce yourselves to your partners when I'm done. In the wagon behind mine; Emerald and Grabthar. In the next wagon; the Strix pair. After that is Torg and Ze'Cuun..." Ayleurian goes down the list as she assigns the rest of the party to their stations. At the very end, she adds, "And Abigail, I want you up with me," as she looks up from the list at her.
Abigail
 PC, 27 posts
 Watcher on the Wind
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 14:42
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Abigail nodded -- a bare bob of the head indicating that she'd heard -- but her eyes continued her own inspection of the caravan wagons. From the look on her face, she was not very interested in trying to determine whether things were ready; instead, it seemed that she was committing the moment to memory through force of will -- making sure that she could remember every single detail of how everything looked, and where everyone was. After a few more moments, she finished up, and a grin spread across her face like the wind. "When do we leave?" she asked, and although her voice was a breathy and quiet -- barely a whisper in volume -- it was clearly audible to everyone in the area.
Grabthar
 PC, 7 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 17:40
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Grabthar softly quotes a poem in his deep voice,
"Fallen Soldier All Alone
Fallen Soldier Far From Home.
Trickling Down His Face A Tear,
Forgetting How It Feels To Fear
Death And All It's Fate And Glory.
Now It's Here, No Need To Worry."


When his name was mentioned, he looks up from the small book he was focused on and nods to Ayleurian, allowing his monocle to drop from his eye.  His bearing was much like one of the oxen - ready to shoulder a heavy burden for a long, arduous journey.  For the huge cloak covering his massive frame, and the long handle of his hammer tucked underneath, he almost had the appearance of a mobile tent.  But his well kept hair, meticulously cropped beard, and perfectly clean skin belies a person of cultured upbringing.

He raises his voice to conversation level and answers Ayleurian gravely,

"My eyes shall ever be on the vigil for danger.  And for for those good people who have yet to return.  You have my word."

He nods Emerald a bow.  "Grabthar.  A pleasure."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:41, Fri 27 Feb 2015.

Emerald
 PC, 19 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2015
at 18:03
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
While the rest of the team would already know Emerald is a kitsune, she had changed into her human form just before entering civilization. Just to be safe.

Emerald faces the group as a whole and curtsies with a bright smile before turning to Grabthar and saying with a sweet tone to her voice, "A great pleasure, Grabthar. Very nice voice you have there. I am Emerald. I am glad to hear that, like me, you intend to recover those who were lost."

She was sure to also aim her pleasantries at the Strix pair, Abigail, Torg, Ze'Cuun, and of course, Ayleurian. Upon seeing Abigail smile, Emerald was sure to give a smile back to the spry young lady.

To Ayleurian, she glances at the hair. But Emerald guesses Ayleurian is not in the mood for compliments at the moment and says, "Ayleurian, do you have a checklist of the wagons' contents that we can go over so we'll know what's missing when we arrive?"


(OOC Note: Since Emerald has two forms, I intend to change my avatar whenever she changes from one form to the other. If I happen to forget and someone notices, please feel free to nudge me. XD Thanks!)

This message was last edited by the player at 18:10, Fri 27 Feb 2015.

Ethiendar
 PC, 13 posts
Mon 2 Mar 2015
at 00:03
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Ethiendar nods a friendly (if wary) greeting to Emerald, though he remained standing slightly apart from the rest.

"What roles will we have while traveling; aside from guarding our wagon; and what is the plan should one or more of our group should get separated from the caravan?"
Rihannon
 PC, 1 post
Tue 3 Mar 2015
at 05:17
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Rihannon walks up to the group that has gathered. Her eyes darting, watching the small crowd. Spotting Ethiendar, my mood shifts slightly. Seeing another strix in the group, brings a smirk to my lips. Standing near him, as she gives him a slight hint of a smile. Looking back to the others, she gives a stern nod. As the group turned their heads toward her. She didn't care, she wasn't there for a popularity contest. She returned their glazes with one of her own. Standing like she has a chip on her shoulder, hands folded across her chest. She waited for the others, if any, to arrive. She listens to the group, as they ask their questions. Not that she is interested, but she observes them. Wary of those outside her race, she watches their movements. Taking in her surroundings, her eyes still scanning. Rhiannon isn't much of a talker. You learn more about things if you just take the time to listen.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:05, Tue 03 Mar 2015.

Torg Elfbreaker
 PC, 6 posts
 Swords are for wusses.
 Real men punch.
Sat 7 Mar 2015
at 14:44
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Torg would be considered "huge" for a human. He was only "really big" for orcs, however, and had to continuously adjust his seating to stay comfortable in the wagon. He was muttering orcish equivalents of "darn" and "dangit" under his breath as he tried to find a comfortable posture. He had a fairly thick accent, since he didn't learn common until he was a young man, but it was at least understandable.

"Sa, if ya doon mind me asking, what's in the wagoon? If it's goon get scrambled, may be a good idea ta know what ta look fer."
Ayleurian
 PC, 2 posts
Sun 8 Mar 2015
at 16:49
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Ayleurian folded the list and put it in a pocket. "As soon as we all get on, we'll leave." Hearing the other questions of about what's on the wagons, she turned towards the questioners with a reply, "Your drivers have a list of the contents if necessary. They also have a map of our intended gathering location if you end up somewhere other than there when we go. Your jobs for the main part will be to do exactly that," she looked at Ethiendar, "make sure your wagon stays in one piece and to get it where it needs to go." She then turned and started walking towardst he front of the caravan. "Oh," she stopped and turned back, "one more thing, be wary of anything... out of the ordinary, once we get there." She finished and continued on to the front.
Abigail
 PC, 31 posts
 Watcher on the Wind
Sun 8 Mar 2015
at 20:26
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Abigail scrambled up onto the seat at the front of the first wagon as if she was afraid that it would leave without her. Only once she was seated did she turn around to watch Ayleurian and the others as they situated themselves. As she watched a thin smile curved the corners of her mouth. "Does 'out of the ordinary' include us?" she asked.
Good looking well dressed man
Mon 9 Mar 2015
at 05:42
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
The man Ayleurian, he nodded in response to her report on the preparations. "Thank you my dear. It is always nice to have such a lovely and skilled woman in charge."

He hopped up onto the wagon and leaned back, fully reclining and preparing for a nice nap for a long trip. He waved one hand though, "I am Mortannis, expect strange things from me and shameless flirting. I am a crafter by trade mostly and I tend to want to research everything."
Grabthar
 PC, 11 posts
Mon 9 Mar 2015
at 07:21
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
OOC: Disclaimer - This post was written while I did not have internet.  msg #9 and 10 happen after this post for it to make sense.  I'll post up reactions to 9 and 10 when it's not 3:21 am.  x.x

Grabthar returns Emmy's smile and gives her a princely bow.  "Thank you!  The pleasure is mine, madam.  You have a lovely voice yourself.  Perhaps during our journey we can pass the time with song to keep our wits sharp for the search."

He turns to salute Eithiendar, Rihannon, and Torg with a fist-to-heart style salute.

"Grabthar.  An honor."

He then nods a bow to them.  Taking notice of Torg's language, an expression that says, "I know, right?" crosses Grabthar's face.  He answers in Orcish, "Sart kolf steas re wer tisvelkilti. Hefoc rindig shafaer wer ehaism di vi garn celaetril: vi okh loerchik persvek wer tzarreth!"

Translation:

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
"Small folk seats are the worst.  Like riding on a dire boar's face:  A real pain in the butt!"


He salutes Ayleurian.  "Good to know.  Thank you."

Emerald
 PC, 22 posts
Mon 9 Mar 2015
at 23:01
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Emerald jotted down notes as Torg and Grabthar speak, but brings her eyes back up from her notes to look at Mortannis. "Pleased to meet you, Mortannis. What kind of strange things should we expect from you?" she asks as she is boarding her wagon. While Emerald figures all "strange" things mentioned will be obvious when seen, she always likes hearing someone's personal opinion on what is strange about themselves.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:03, Mon 09 Mar 2015.

Mortannis
 GM, 2 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 01:12
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Mortannis was mostly watching Ayleurian work but he did afford Emerald a smile. "Arcane magic stuff mostly. However, I also adore a good wrestle." His smile was fang filled, well to be honest he only had the fangs of a vampire but it drew the eye.

"Otherwise Ill be doing strange things. Spell component gathering, odd resources I secure, or just acting a fool and doing things like risking my life to make sure everyone makes it back home safe and sound."
Emerald
 PC, 23 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 02:43
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Emerald chuckles from the answer Mortannis gives her. "Fair enough. I too will likely be gathering spell components. But I'll be more than happy to talk arcana with anyone who wants to. I'm also into linguistics, so I'll likely want to find out what everyone here speaks and then start learning any languages I don't yet know. I'm not very good at wrestling, so I'm afraid I won't participate there.."
Mortannis
 GM, 4 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 02:49
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Mortannis turned his attention fully on Emerald. "I am always open for sharing spells, also working the more esoteric aspects of magic. It is still too early in my study but I plan to dive into the conceptual existence of reality within precreation void."

He smiled still, "I am sure you could learn to wrestle well enough. It takes twenty hours to learn anything to be honest, I am sure I can afford you some one on one time. That counts for all things, including gaining more tails as your race tends to do."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:49, Thu 12 Mar 2015.

Ethiendar
 PC, 20 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2015
at 03:23
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Ethiendar was about to head to his assigned wagon when he saw Grabthar make an odd gesture.

"I am Ethiendar." he says simply, and bowing almost imperceptibly to Grabthar before going to the wagon. Once there he would stand just within arm's length and wait for them to leave.
Rihannon
 PC, 2 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2015
at 03:02
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Rhiannon made her way to the assigned wagon. The salue that Grabthar gave made her stop in her tracks. With a blank expression, she looked at him and slightly bowed her head to him. "Rhiannon." Once she was at the wagon, she stood outside and leaned her back against it. Her arms across her chest, over hearing the conversation between Emerald and Mortannis. She tilted her head and spoke, "I'll be reaching the magical side of spells."
Torg Elfbreaker
 PC, 8 posts
 Swords are for wusses.
 Real men punch.
Sat 14 Mar 2015
at 04:10
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Torg nodded. That was one of his favorite orcish sayings. He finally settled in, looking over the list.

"An' doon' git me started on th' tints. Kin burley kip me fit wurm at nicht."

He raised his eyebrow and stared. That was... a very strange inclusion.

"Am I readin' this wrong or is thar a crate full 'a lewd dorf stone carvin's?"
Ayleurian
 PC, 3 posts
Sun 15 Mar 2015
at 02:20
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Ayleurian more or less ignored all advances on her. It's not that she wasn't impressed, but rather this was neither the time nor the place for such matters. She knew she had an otherworldly beauty compared to her contemporaries, but that wasn't entirely her fault. Being born of a celestial bloodline had that affect on her species. She paused and gave a sigh before reaching the first wagon and climbing on. She turned to Abigail and saw she was already seated and waiting to go. She turned towards the horses just as Abigail asked a question. Being lost in thought, she almost missed it. "No. Trust me. This is very ordinary group compared to what we could possibly meet out there, however extraordinary it is." She turned her head towards Abigail. Abigail could see worry in her eyes. "There are things out there that warrant me being here. Let's just say if anybody dies, I'm not sure they can be saved. It's a land even the deities seem to have abandoned; yet it is very beautiful indeed." She finished under her breath as she turned back to the horses. She gave the reins a quick toss to motion the horses forward. The horses gave a couple quick snorts of impatience as if to say 'finally' and started forward. With that, the train began to move forward.


ooc: No checks are necessary for riding in a wagon drawn by an NPC while it covers even terrain. Just wanted to clarify that before someone started posting rolls for checks I haven't asked for.

Emerald
 PC, 24 posts
Sun 15 Mar 2015
at 02:33
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Emerald giggles when Mortannis mentions her learning wrestling. "Alright. I'll learn some wrestling from you. For now, though, while we travel, talk of the arcane will be pleasant. Me personally, I enjoy all the aspects of magic; from the basics to the most complicated. From the magic to the scholastic. I too enjoy the esoteric. I also enjoy finding the amazing inside the mundane." She winks. "By all means, get us started on a topic and let's run with it. Unless you prefer I pick one."

Emmy glances at Rihannon and says, "The magic side of spells? By that, do you mean you study the flow of ether? The basics of magic itself? Are you hoping to construct your own, custom spells?"

Emerald tilts her head slightly as if pointing her ear in Ayleurian's direction. She doesn't comment. Already in a conversation with two people, after all, and she doesn't want to bother Ayleurian just yet.
Grabthar
 PC, 13 posts
Sun 15 Mar 2015
at 04:51
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Grabthar did his best to emulate Ethiendar and Rhiannon's gestures, figuring that subued gestures and blank facial expressions must be culturally valued by their kind.  He chuckles at Torg's complaint about the tents, happy to have someone along who he can commiserate with.

"I'm sure every ounce that we're hauling is very necessary for one reason or another considering the gravity of our mission.  And then there's also knowing that if someone packed heavy thing we don't need, the packer will get a firm half orc lesson in good sense."

He tries to hide that the conversation about magic mumbo jumbo is going waaaay over his head by simply nodding thoughtfully.
Ethiendar
 PC, 21 posts
Sun 15 Mar 2015
at 15:30
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Ethiendar would walk alongside his wagon if he could keep pace; if not then he would stand on the back. All the while he would watch (when he could) and listen to Grabthar and Torg (with the look of curious study).

He overheard the conversation about magic, and ignored it entirely since he knew nothing about it, save the tiny bit of trivia tidbits he had picked up from Rihannon.
Abigail
 PC, 33 posts
 Watcher on the Wind
Mon 16 Mar 2015
at 03:57
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
Abigail nodded, just once, at Ayleurian's warnings; however, her smile faded only slightly -- if at all. Even still, she turned her attention to the surrounding terrain as the caravan began to move out. Her gaze swept back and forth with a calm, almost lackadaisical pace, but the stiff tension of her back hinted at barely contained excitement for the journey ahead. She didn't give any indication of hearing the conversations at the wagons behind, but it was unclear if she just hadn't heard, or if she just had nothing to add.
Ayleurian
 PC, 5 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2015
at 21:35
Re: Jewelspur Canyon - Act 1 - Scene 1 - Begginings
As the wagons pulled forward, they veered off the road onto the clearing between the village and the woods. For those paying attention, circles big enough to encircle the wagons seemed to have been drawn in the grass ahead. Ayleurian guided her wagon towards the closest one. As her wagon entered the circle, it disappeared in a flash and poof of magical energy. Each wagon did the same as they entered they're own.

<< Continued in Act 1 - Scene 2 >>