Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Anoroc D'loc
 player, 18 posts
Sat 11 Apr 2015
at 04:08
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
with his spear anoroc strikes towards the nearest goblin. after he swings his spear anoroc does a flip and strikes with his feet.



i just saw that i have a bonus action that i can make after my attack action i can roll and unarmed attack with a dmg of a d4

23:07, Today: Anoroc D'loc rolled 3 using 1d6+2.
23:07, Today: Anoroc D'loc rolled 13 using 1d20+4


23:12, Today: Anoroc D'loc rolled 6 using 1d4+2.
23:11, Today: Anoroc D'loc rolled 14 using 1d20+4. bonus action.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:14, Sat 11 Apr 2015.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 72 posts
 Think Not of Man when
 Dragons Dwell so Near
Sat 11 Apr 2015
at 13:08
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark



Anoroc, Luna, Crash, Timothy, and Thizmaeck [Finish of Round 2]




In a fury of blades the goblin is sliced, first by Timothy's rapier then as the goblin spun away from Timothy's force his eyes caught the tiny Luna and her whirling scimitars just as they scissored around his neck. A single second later his eyes peered up from floor level as the world began to spin, or rather roll. They finally rested on a piece of burning art on the wall, a product of his own torch. He smiled at the destruction he had caused before the world went dark.

A moment later a crash is heard from upstairs that sounded like a window had exploded.

OOC: All goblins downstairs have been defeated. Also Congratz to Luna on her first critical hit of the game!




Sevain, Eldrai, and Creed [Finish of Round 1 and Start of Round 2]




Sevain's hammer comes down on the shoulder of one of the goblins with a mighty blow, crippling the goblins arm and causing him to drop his shield and howl out in pain. The crowd of gathered commoners cheered in response to the goblins pain before taking the opportunity to scatter.

Eldrai regathered his strength and struck out at the goblin again this time driving his greatsword deep through the gut of the goblin, he sneered at him as their faces nearly  met before ripping his blade back out again.

The goblin that Sevain attacked, furious with the loss of use of his shield arm, drove his spear at Sevain, finding a meaty place between his shield and chainmail.

OOC: It is now Creed and Sevain's turn to end the round.

Initiative
Creed: 12
Eldrai: 12
Goblins: 12
Sevain: 11

Goblin [Eldrai]: 1/9 AC 15
Goblin [Sevain]: 5/10 AC 13 (dropped his shield)

Eldrai: 19/19
Creed: 7/7
Sevain: 10/13


05:52, Today: Eldrai (NPC) rolled 8 using 2d6+3. Damage the Goblin.
05:51, Today: Eldrai (NPC) rolled 15 using 1d20+5. Attack the Goblin.

05:55, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 3 using 1d6+2. Damage to Sevain.
05:55, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 19 using 1d20+4. Attack on Sevain.
05:55, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 11 using 1d20+4. Goblin attack on Eldra.






Bartlett and Lady Chras




You rush towards the young lady, yelling to her as you do, she turns quickly and begins to quickly form shapes in the air with her hands and speaking Draconic once more. She's casting a spell at you, you redouble your speed and hit her at a full run, she lets out a loud "Ooomph" as you hit her and then land yearly 10 feet away.

"Why you, you, magnificent beast" she says as she notices the arrows sticking in the ground where she would have been only moments before, then looking at your draconic face. "First we take care of those goblins, then I repay you for your kindness, deal?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:09, Sat 11 Apr 2015.

Bartlett Rousskin
 player, 3 posts
Sat 11 Apr 2015
at 17:16
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 49)
I get up and look towards her "I can't attack them at that range so i'll distract them, you take them out, then we will talk." I run into the street and throw a rock towards the goblins before dashing behind another building.
Thizmaeck Steelshield
 player, 23 posts
Sat 11 Apr 2015
at 17:28
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
I rush upstairs to investigate the sounds and the screaming heard eariler.
Timothy Risen
 player, 26 posts
Sat 11 Apr 2015
at 20:30
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
I follow Steelshield up the stairs with my bow drawn ready for what we find.
Anoroc D'loc
 player, 20 posts
Sat 11 Apr 2015
at 20:51
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
Anoroc fallows the two members going up stairs, also ready for what is to come
Chras (NPC)
 NPC, 1 post
 In the end I will win,
 the Mightiest always wins
Sun 12 Apr 2015
at 01:16
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
"Oh my, a man who takes charge...I like it" Chras is already moving her hands in a circle as you take off running. "Infernum notsura acuem!" her words cause a fiery bolt to spring forth and conflagrate one of the goblins on the roof of the buildings.



OOC: Chras will attack whichever goblin you did not throw the rock at.


18:10, Today: Crash (NPC) rolled 2 using 1d10. Fire Bolt Damage.
18:05, Today: Crash (NPC) rolled 21 using 1d20+5. Fire Bolt Spell Attack.


Bartlett Rousskin
 player, 4 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2015
at 02:34
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
In reply to Chras (NPC) (msg # 54):

OOC: it says chras is an NPC. os that correct? if so how does that work?
Creed
 player, 5 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2015
at 20:42
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
"Well, I do believe that answers my questions. Why are goblins always so violent? Couldn't they just come to town to learn a better way of life?" Creed put his hands together and gestured while yelling at the goblin that had attacked Sevain.

OOC:
15:43, Today: Creed rolled 5 using 1d10. Damage

15:43, Today: Creed rolled 13 using 1d20+5. Fire Bolt Attack (Goblin attacking Sevain.)

14:34, Today: Creed rolled 17 using 1d20. Wild Surge on Fire Bolt.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:35, Fri 17 Apr 2015.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 76 posts
 Think Not of Man when
 Dragons Dwell so Near
Thu 16 Apr 2015
at 03:31
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark



Luna, Crash, Anoroc, Timothy, and Thizmaeck




Thizmaeck, Timothy, and Anoroc hurry up the stairs of the building. Once you crest the the top stair, and file in, the smoke becomes thicker and heavier, it's becoming hard to breathe. On the floor you see a female human. Her clothes are tattered and she is indecent, she is clutching a dagger in her right hand. You can see a line of blood stretching from where her body lays to the window that overlooks the street below. The window is broken and appears as if someone or something jumped through the window.





Bartlett and Lady Chras (Start of "First" round of combat)




The Goblins on the rooftop who was not fired on by Chras notches another arrow and takes aim at Bartlett and given that Bartlett is attempting to draw his fire finds a good shot and takes it. The arrow plunges through the hide armor on Bartletts lower left abdomen.

The other goblin fires his bow at Chras, but his new wounds from the fire distract him and his shot goes wide.

OOC: Bartlett it will be your turn now that we have started the round

Initiative
Goblins: 12
Chras: 11
Bartlett: 11

Goblin 1: 7/9 (took two fire damage) AC: 14
Goblin 2: 8/8 (No damage yet) AC: 14





Carric




Goblins are foul smelling creatures, impolite, and have no respect for personal boundaries. All things you took for granted while living in the temple. It was not your intent to get captured by them, so you had not prepared yourself for their particular brand of pungent hospitality.

"Yea, I caught him sneaking around, he waddent good at it neither." One of the Goblins around the fire said to the other. Your Goblin is not fluent but you are able to get the gist of what is being said. "What are we gonna do with an elf, eat em?" Both of the Goblins laughed and then the first goblin became deathly serious "If we do, I get the legs, I caught em aft'all"

The second one turns to point at you to make a comment but stops when he realizes you are staring at them, awake. He gets up and comes over to where you are tied to the tree. He's carrying a stick with a cooked rat on the end of it, he waves it in front of your face. "'ungry? I 'eard you elves don't eat" he laughed again and so did the other Goblin who was still at the fire "Ain't no way an elf knows what we're sayin, 'sides we supposed to be keeping a look out for the rest of them soldiers on Horseback...mmm now horse that would be a treat, even better than elf methinks"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 12:20, Sat 18 Apr 2015.

Carric
 player, 1 post
Thu 16 Apr 2015
at 04:37
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
Keeping lock with the goblins eyes I respond ever so politely respond "You're not very bright, even for a goblin. Didn't you ever think that perhaps I wanted to get caught? I can see and hear far better than the likes of you. But if you're looking to track soldiers, who better to help than one with such keen senses as I?"

This message was last edited by the player at 07:43, Thu 16 Apr 2015.

Thizmaeck Steelshield
 player, 24 posts
Thu 16 Apr 2015
at 05:29
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
As I notice the lady on the ground the blood trail, I let out a low growl and rush towards the window and leap out. Hoping to catch what did this.

OOC I rolled a 10 for athletics.
Luna Tipsiblaid
 player, 19 posts
 It's pronounced
 "tipsy blade"
Fri 17 Apr 2015
at 02:51
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
As I run up the stairs I yell, "Did you find anyone? Want me to throw a rope out the window? I feel like we'll need a quick escape."
Bartlett Rousskin
 player, 5 posts
Fri 17 Apr 2015
at 04:11
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 57):

I rip the arrow out of my abdomen and trow it on the ground. I then grab a handaxe from my belt, and with a mighty roar, i hurl it towards the goblin that hit me.


OOC:
Bartlett Rousskin rolled 10 using 1d20. (that is my attack but idk what i need to add to it)(i found out i need to add 6 so my roll is 16)

Bartlett Rousskin rolled 8 using 1d6+4. (damage)

This message was last edited by the player at 22:39, Fri 17 Apr 2015.

Chras (NPC)
 NPC (Sorceress), 2 posts
 In the end I will win,
 the Mightiest always wins
Sat 18 Apr 2015
at 12:07
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
Chras notices that Bartlett takes an arrow and watches how he simply tears it from his hide and then roars at the enemy, captivated, she barely remember they are in a fight. When he roars she feels a shiver go down her spine. "Magnificent indeed" quickly she turns her attention back to the goblin on the roof, utters her words of power, and again a bolt of fire arcs out at the goblin but the goblin side steps it this time, not wanting to be burn again.

Watching her attack go wide Chras curses in Draconic and then takes partial cover behind a burning wagon.

OOC:


05:05, Today: Chras (NPC) rolled 6 using 1d20+5. Fire Bolt Attack.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 77 posts
 Think Not of Man when
 Dragons Dwell so Near
Sat 18 Apr 2015
at 12:50
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark



Luna, Crash, Timothy, Thizmaeck, and Anoroc




Thizmaeck rush's past the wounded lady and leaps from the window. He lands roughly on the ground (1 point of damage) but does not lose his stride. He see's a shadow disappearing down a nearby alley heading north west.

Luna crests the stairs in time to see Thizmaeck's exit, and also notes the trail of blood and the lady clutching the dagger on the floor.

"I"ll help you with securing the rope" Crash says, but then as Crash finishes the climb on the stairs behind Luna he see's the lady on the floor and the trail of blood. "Oh, uh. Is she alive?"

Crash begins to move forward towards the lady on the floor but then a beam from the ceiling lets out a loud crack and splinters away from the other supports. It's descent is quick, Luna hears the sound and attempts to move, her reflexes firing on all cylinders, but unfortunately her leg gets trapped beneath the falling debris (3 Damage)

Crash yells out, "LUNA!" He grabs at the burning beam attempting to pull it off her leg, "Help me with this!" he says to Timothy and Anoroc.


OOC:


05:37, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Luna Tipsiblaid, rolled 3 using 1d6+1. Falling Beam.
05:36, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Luna Tipsiblaid, rolled 9 using 1d20+5. Dexterity Saving Throw.
05:36, Today: Secret Roll: Dungeon Master rolled 2 using 1d4. T = 1 L = 2 A = 3 C= 4 Falling Beam.





Sevain, Eldrai, and Creed




Creed's fire bolt slams into the back of the goblin that is focused on Sevain and the goblins eyes roll back into it's skull with the sudden shock. He falls to his knees and then passes out on the ground.

OOC:

Goblin [On Sevain]: 0/10 HP






Bartlett and Lady Chras




Bartlett's hand ax finds it's mark, plunging deep into the goblins skull through it's left eye. With a guttural groan the goblin topples over the edge of the building and falls to the street below.

The other goblin furious at his targets use of fire against him narrows his eyes and fires. The arrow strikes Chras directly in an exposed part of her shoulder just to the right of here neck. A couple more inches over and it could have been deadly.

OOC: This will be the start of round 2 for those keeping track, and it will be Bartletts turn


05:32, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 6 using 2d6+2. Crit Damage on Chras.
05:30, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 22 using 1d20+2. Goblin Firing arrow at Chras (-2 for cover).






Carric




The goblins look stunned for a moment, and one of them seems to begin thinking on your suggestion but the other interrupts the thought process with his outburst of laughter, "Ha, ha, ha, ha! It does speak our language, and well. Guess we'll have to be careful what we say around it. Come sit down and eat" The goblin turns back to the fire and begins picking at his rat on a stick, and then shoves the whole thing in his mouth and begins chewing it, mouth open.

The goblin that you had locked eyes with stares a moment longer, then turns slowly and walks back towards the fire. He sits down and smiles at the other goblin, mouth wide and full of pointy teeth before he too shoved the full rat in his mouth and began chewing on it.
Creed
 player, 9 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2015
at 16:02
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
"Well that takes care of the first rioter. Now for the second child of trouble." Creed once again casts his hands and whispers the words to focus his sorcerous powers into a fiery blast.

OOC:
11:04, Today: Creed rolled 14 using 1d20+5. Fire Bolt Attack on last goblin.
11:05, Today: Creed rolled 6 using 1d10. Damage from Fire Bolt.
11:20, Today: Creed rolled 2 using 1d20. Wild Surge on Fire Bolt.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:21, Sat 18 Apr 2015.

Thizmaeck Steelshield
 player, 25 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2015
at 17:17
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
As I gracefully land I yelled up to the window "I see them. I going after them." I then yell as I start running.  "YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO MY FAMILY."
Carric
 player, 2 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2015
at 18:23
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
"I really could help..." I murmur just loud enough to be heard. As they turn back to their food I start testing the ropes, expanding and contracting my chest and stomach, and wriggling around seeing if there is enough room for me to get out.
Bartlett Rousskin
 player, 6 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2015
at 20:57
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 63):

i swing my arm back, and with all my might i throw my remaining handaxe straight into the remaining goblin.

15:56, Today: Bartlett Rousskin rolled 25 using 1d20+6 (attack)

15:57, Today: Bartlett Rousskin rolled 6 using 1d6+4 (damage)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:57, Sun 19 Apr 2015.

Sevain Tisdan
 player, 31 posts
Mon 20 Apr 2015
at 12:22
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
I swing my shield to backhand the goblins into each other. But my injury betrays me and I don't have the strength.

str check=8
Attack=19
Damage=6

This message was last edited by the player at 19:05, Mon 20 Apr 2015.

Timothy Risen
 player, 27 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2015
at 16:16
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 63):

I rush to help crash with lifting the beam off Luna
Dungeon Master
 GM, 81 posts
 Think Not of Man when
 Dragons Dwell so Near
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 00:17
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark



Sevain, Creed, and Eldrai [End of Combat]




Sevain see's his foe fall before him, as Creed's spell makes short work of him, so he follows his shield through and lands it solidly against the goblins skull that Eldrai had squared off with. It's brain matter empties onto the ground as it slumps immediately into a 'puddle' of lifeless flesh, muscle, and bone with the impact of Sevain's shield.

Eldrai clears his throat catching Sevain's attention as he wipes blood and particulates of the Goblins from his face. "Strong offhand..." he says in an acknowledging tone.




Bartlett and Lady Chras




Bartlett's second hand ax catches the goblin off guard and nearly splits the goblin's thigh in twain from the power of his throw. The goblin cries out in pain and falls backward onto the roof of the building, out of sight of the street below.




Crash, Timothy, Luna and Anoroc




Crash and Timothy lift on the beam, struggling with all their combined might, the beam is heavy and they cannot seem to lift it at all, but then Luna bears down clenching her teeth and puts all her upper body strength into it as well and it lifts just high enough for her to move her leg from underneath.

She can see that her armor and clothing has charred in a couple places, but outside of some bruising there are no broken bones or deep flesh burns.

OOC:

16:58, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Luna Tipsiblaid, rolled 18 using 1d20+1. Strength Check.
16:57, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Crash (NPC), rolled 10 using 1d20-1. Strength Check.
16:56, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Timothy Risen, rolled 15 using 1d20-1. Strength check.





Thizmaeck




Thizmaeck gives chase to the enemy, hollering at them as he goes, he rounds the corner into the alley where he saw the enemy go and see's them once again take a turn down another corner about 40ft down at the end of the building.

OOC:

17:09, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Thizmaeck Steelshield, rolled 13 using 1d20+3. Chasing Enemy (find them).





Carric




As Carric tests the ropes he finds that he does not have enough room to maneuver his body free. The goblins did a decent enough job putting you in position and tieing the ropes to keep him put.

OOC:

17:14, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Carric, rolled 4 using 1d20+3. Dex check to wriggle free of the ropes.




Creed
 player, 12 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 01:06
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
"My goodness that ended abruptly." Creed says to no one in particular as he puts his hands down and looks about walking towards the two adventurers. "Well this bedlam will just not stand. Fires all about the town. People being attacked in the streets. I'm going to continue trying to get control of this blaze and see if there's anywhere else I can be of assistance. Or, are you two in need of help?" Creed casually begins putting out fires in the vicinity again while waiting for an answer. Almost as if lost in thought.
Carric
 player, 3 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 14:23
Re: Chapter 2: The Assault on Tegal's Mark
I sigh in exasperation. I begin to use my fingernails to scratch at the rope trying to fray and weaken it, pausing only when they look over at me.

OOC: I have no clue what that would fall under, but I feel like it would be a strength check...
Strength check: 18