Jack's Farm.   Posted by Arceus.Group: 0
Arceus
 GM, 29 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 05:14
Jack's Farm
The farm is a modest place, run by a young man named Jack. Much of the land is still somewhat overgrown, but a decent bit of the plot has been cleared and planted.
Arceus
 GM, 30 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 05:18
Jack's Farm
picking up where we left off in the route 23 thread:

You have 4 choices for advancing:

Investigate the Hen House
Investigate the Barn
Investigate the Fenced in Pasture.
Eat delicious food and rest

OOC: If you wish to do so, you may train your pokemon before doing any of this, in the event you later go hunting for pokemon and/or get into battles.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:53, Tue 30 Aug 2016.

Gin
 player, 15 posts
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 02:35
Jack's Farm
Gin listened to Jack's plight with an upturned eyebrow, must be a lot of Rattata to be causing so many problems... He looked back at Goji and called out. "Oy! Double time on that cargo, we've got some snooping to do!" Goji groans in protest, but picks up a second box hoisting it on his small shoulders.

Gin turns back to Jack. "How long have the Rattata been increasing their activity? And... this is unrelated, but if you don't mind my asking- is there a Jack senior around, too? You just seem a bit young to be running a Farm all by your lonesome."

Once he had his answers, Gin took off toward the barn with Goji in tow, figuring it'd be best if he and Mikey stuck together just in case there was some kind of Rattata gang hiding out. Goji seemed to be nursing a splinter he'd gotten by moving boxes, which caught Gin's attention. "Aw, poor lil guy, want me to kiss it and make it better?" His baby talk accompanied with the grin gave an air of mocking, Goji's face went red before he ran off ahead of Gin toward the barn. "Whoah- hold up!"

Goji gains 7 XP from training, the benefits of Brutal Training, and 1 Injury(along with the Hardened Status).
Arceus
 GM, 31 posts
Wed 31 Aug 2016
at 03:36
Jack's Farm
"Ah, no, it's just me, Dusty, Scrap and the farm pokemon. An old friend of the family left this place to me. May be near a swamp, but the land's good. Hard work to do it justice but nothing I ain't up for... I thought. With how this is going, though ... My Torchic not lying eggs, can't convince the Cottonee to land, and it appears my kitten cannot keep the rats out of my barn, the likely have been getting into the seeds, as well and the mareep are skittish enough to zap anything that startles 'em. Can't train Dusty on herding with the sheep like that." He scratches Dusty on the head "It's gonna be rough, so if you wanna help, I wont say no, I can prepare a reward if you manage to figure this all out. It's really been putting a hurt on my income."
Vivian
 player, 9 posts
Sat 3 Sep 2016
at 00:04
Jack's Farm
Vivian listens to conversation, but having nothing to contribute, stays quiet. Seeing Gin run of toward the barn, she chases after him. Hey, wait up!
Arceus
 GM, 32 posts
Sat 3 Sep 2016
at 17:08
Jack's Farm
As you approach the Barn, the door is open already, likely to let the kitten go in and out, upon going inside, you hear movement above, as a streak of purple moves past you, when you look over, you see a purple cat on the ground, it seems to be staring at you.

OCC: roll intuition
Mikey
 player, 17 posts
Sat 3 Sep 2016
at 17:34
Jack's Farm
12:34, Today: Mikey rolled 9 using 2d6.  bad at intuition -_-.
Gin
 player, 16 posts
Sat 3 Sep 2016
at 18:28
Jack's Farm
Gin looks back over his shoulder and slows to a jog so Vivian could catch up. Goji skids to a halt sliding across some of the hay and straw by Mikey's feet, when the streak of purple sped by Goji was ready for a fight- but instead of a rat, this appeared to be the kitten, Scrap.

"You gettin' itchy too? Can't sit still?" Gin asked Vivian as he got up to the barn door, stealing a glance at Scrap with a bit of interest. "Aw, what a cute lil' kitty. You the mouser-to-be, Scrap, I've heard so much about?" Gin asked with a grin as he leaned his head into the barn.

11:28, Today: Gin rolled 7 using 2d6+1.  Intuition, AP spent.
Vivian
 player, 10 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 16:56
Jack's Farm
Vivian turns to look at Gin Not really, but as long as we are all here, we may as well stick together. You know, safety in numbers. Plus, I know a few things about pokemon. Vivian jumps slightly, a bit startled by the sudden streak of purple.

11:52, Today: Vivian rolled 4 using 2d6 ((3,1))
Arceus
 GM, 33 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 18:18
Jack's Farm
The cat-like pokemon continues to watch you from where it is sitting "Purr....."" it the only sound it makes, as it scratches it's ear before going back to just watching you.

Mikey: You can tell by the way the cat-pokemon is looking at you, that it does not like you, any of you, you aren't completely sure but you think it might think you're here to replace it.

Gin and Vivian: This kitten might be playing hard to get, you aren't really sure.

OOC: Mikey, you may roll Charm, Command, Intimidate or Guile since you are aware of how it feels, alternatively, you may inform the others so they can roll, too.
Mikey
 player, 18 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 18:33
Jack's Farm
" Hey little kitty how are you doing, no one here is gonna try and take your place. In fact if you want I can help you with, your job so that you can look really cool for Farmer Jack. Now just follow my instructions and everyone will be happy." He said with a smile as he inched forward.

13:30, Today: Mikey rolled 15 using 4d6.  Do as I command roll.
Arceus
 GM, 34 posts
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 18:43
Jack's Farm
The kitten looks like it's about to scratch the heck out of Mikey, as it hisses a bit, drawing up it's paw, claws extended, everything here just screams he's about to get scratched, when he finally gets close enough, the little kitty calms down and seems to be complacent in allowing you to help it.

The dex app on Mikey's pokegear chimes in, now that he is close enough to the pokemon.

Purrloin, the Devious Pokemon.

This pokemon tends to act extremely cute. When victims let down their guard, they find their items taken. It likes to attacks with sharp claws.

No matter how you look at it, this kitten doesn't look particularly Devious but maybe that's all part of the act, as well, it hasn't made any such attempts to steal from you, yet.

Since Scrap has calmed down, you are free to look around the Barn.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:43, Wed 07 Sept 2016.

Gin
 player, 17 posts
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 06:20
Jack's Farm
Gin raised an eyebrow when Mikey's Dex spoke up, a smirk danced across his face. "You sound like a clever one, seems I'll have to keep an eye on you." He was mostly kidding, but also didn't feel like getting mugged by a cat this early in his Pokemon journey...

Gin looked around the barn with his arms crossed, before glancing down at Goji who seemed to have calmed down from his outburst earlier. "Hey, Goji, let's you and I check out the loft." He pointed a thumb upward for emphasis, storage areas above would make a good hiding place for a nest of rodents though... if Scrap was actively here chances were slim there'd be that many rats hiding out.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:20, Mon 12 Sept 2016.

Arceus
 GM, 35 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 05:15
Jack's Farm
For anyone who wishes to search the Barn, roll survival.
Gin
 player, 18 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 05:25
Jack's Farm
22:25, Today: Gin rolled 2 using 1d6.  lolsurvival.
I think I died...

Mikey
 player, 19 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 09:47
Jack's Farm
" Okay kitty lets go find those rattata, then maybe we can find out just why they keep coming here. " He said as he walked into the barn.

04:28, Today: Mikey rolled 12 using 3d6.  Perception.
Vivian
 player, 11 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 22:09
Jack's Farm
Noticing Gin searching the barn, Vivian decides to help, starting on the opposite side, and working toward the middle.

Vivian rolled 10 using 2d6 ((6,4)).
Arceus
 GM, 36 posts
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 07:10
Jack's Farm
You all three look around the barn for anything that might lead to the culprits but you're unable to really find any clues, you start to wonder if you should go talk to Jack again and see if he has any other information, you also feel that maybe the culprits might be avoiding the barn right now and that coming back a bit later might help.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:11, Tue 20 Sept 2016.

Mikey
 player, 20 posts
Fri 23 Sep 2016
at 07:02
Jack's Farm
" Hmm okay kitty I don't see anything here at the moment, lets take a look at the hen house next maybe we can find out why they aren't laying eggs. " He said as he slowly walked out of the barn, slightly disappointed that he didn't find any Rattata.
Gin
 player, 19 posts
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 08:30
Jack's Farm
Gin walked around the barn half-heartedly pushing small piles of hay aside with his foot, and determining that there just wasn't anything to be found. Goji seems a bit more thorough but has turned up about as much. His ears perked up when Mikey talked about moving on. "Yeah, this place is lookin' pretty dead... though what with the cat and all I'm not that surprised the rats would stay out. Probably best we stick together, so I'll tag along."
Arceus
 GM, 37 posts
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 19:56
Jack's Farm
OOC: I was gonna wait for Vivian but Vivian's player is busy now, so we'll just advance.

After coming to the conclusion that the Rattata aren't coming out, you all head over to the Hen House. You see Jack, he's cleaning around the outside when he notices you coming "Any luck with the Barn?"
Mikey
 player, 21 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2016
at 09:22
Jack's Farm
" Naw didn't anything other then the kitty, but I don't plan to give up I will figure out what's going on. " He said as he looked around the hen house.
Gin
 player, 20 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2016
at 23:07
Jack's Farm
Gin offers a wave as they approach, but decides to let Mikey explain their (lack of) findings. He stands outside leaning up against the wall of the hen house beside the entrance. "Holler if you need an extra set of eyes."
Arceus
 GM, 38 posts
Wed 16 Nov 2016
at 21:13
Jack's Farm
Jack stops for a moment Well, if the Barn didn't turn anything up, I guess you could try checking the Hen House. Though, careful going inside it, they've been restless since they stopped laying eggs. Also, it's a fair bit warmer in there than it looks. if you look over at the Hen House, you can see the heat radiating off of it.