ADVENTURE: What to do Now?   Posted by DungeonMaster.Group: 0
Darhill Trager
 player, 51 posts
 Human Fighter
 3rd level/900xp
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 14:24
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Trager slowly let out a deep breath he hadn't realize he was holding, staring at the speck of light that was the brain until it disappeared into the black. He nodded at EDi's compliment, and placed a hand on his shoulder briefly. "Good shot, too," he said, then turned to Isabeau.

"Getting off this ship certainly wasn't going to involve a creature that had already threatened to take over our bodies, and that we had already attacked. It's done; let's move on." He looked about the new platform, spotting no exits.

"Guess it's that door down there, unless we want to try to balance on that ledge outside," he gestured toward the hole. "My vote is the door." He shuddered looking at the vast expanse outside of the ship.
Adora Brellyn
 player, 42 posts
 High Elf Warlock
 Level 3
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 14:44
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
With no seeming response from Brad, Adora knelt down and whispered a prayer that the Raven Queen make sure he reaches his next destination. Then she stood up and moved closer to the others.

"As long as we have a plan, Trager, then we can get out of here. But where in the nine hells are we?"

She kept her sword materialized and ready in case more brains decided to come along and try to kill them, or worse, Illithid...
DungeonMaster
 GM, 305 posts
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 00:22
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Brad is still breathing, just seemingly unconscious
Adora Brellyn
 player, 43 posts
 High Elf Warlock
 Level 3
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 01:18
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Adora lowered her voice. "Oh yeah... and Brad is Kinda still alive... but I don't do the healy thing, i kinda do the opposite. So if one of you fine folks has any skill with that, ya may wanna look in on him. If not, I said some last rites just in case."
EDi
 player, 43 posts
 Warforged Gunslinger
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 18:51
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
EDi turned to look at the fallen bard as Adora spoke.  "I ain't got no knowledge of healing either, but I can carry him if need be. Basura only needs one hand to hold her."   He turned away from Trager as he approached, looking down at the unconscious figure on the ground. He seemed to be breathing at least, which was often a good sign. He looked around on the small platform they were on...nothing really seemed worth taking to his eyes, so maybe it was time to leave if they could.
Darhill Trager
 player, 52 posts
 Human Fighter
 3rd level/900xp
Wed 2 Dec 2020
at 13:55
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Trager was considering carrying Brad himself, but paused when EDi mentioned his pistol only requiring one hand. "That's a good point, EDi." He looked the machine up and down. "How much can you carry?"

One person would be burdened with Brad, but they could not simply leave him behind. Not in this... place. He could usually eyeball someone's carrying capacity, but... EDi didn't operate on muscles, bones, and tendons; he had cogs, springs, differentials, and likely not some small amount of magic.
Isabeau Thorne
 Elf-Druid, 44 posts
 Elf/Druid
Wed 2 Dec 2020
at 14:14
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Isabeau watched as everything had unfolded. When asked about healing, she just through up her hand and shook her head. "I am not much of a healer guys. Detecting magic is more of my thing. I can see if Im able to do anything for him before you decide to have EDi carry him....Just don't expect a miracle."After placing you hand at her side she walked over to Brad and took a cross legged seat in front of him.

She rubbed her hands together slowly before placing them on either side of Brads head, near the humans temples to be more precise. With her eyes closed, Isabeau started to concentrate.

Do you want me to roll for anything?

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:41, Thu 03 Dec 2020.

DungeonMaster
 GM, 306 posts
Thu 3 Dec 2020
at 03:41
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
In reply to Isabeau Thorne (msg # 109):

what spell are you casting?
Isabeau Thorne
 Elf-Druid, 45 posts
 Elf/Druid
Thu 3 Dec 2020
at 04:29
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?

22:23, Today: Isabeau Thorne rolled 20 using 1d20+3 ((17)).

Isabeau concentrated as she focused on Brad. Focusing on is she could detect a magical host inside of him. And if she did detect something then she would try to heal what she could.
DungeonMaster
 GM, 307 posts
Thu 3 Dec 2020
at 04:34
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
You don't detect any magic inside of Brad
EDi
 player, 44 posts
 Warforged Gunslinger
Thu 3 Dec 2020
at 13:52
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
EDi approached the fallen bard, eyeing his size and heft a bit before responding. He had carried more than a few soldiers that were too drunk to find their bedroll. Or some that had been knocked unconscious by the Guardsmen for something called "Disorderly Conduct".    "Oh, I can carry a good bit actually. Multiple full baskets and sacks of laundry. His weight should be well within what I can manage." 

He was about to stoop to pick him up, when the strange elf knelt near him, her hands placed on the mans head. He took a few steps back, to get himself out of the way as she began to do...something. EDi didn't have much experience with magic users, but the infantrymen that he had spent at least some time with had always said to avoid them when they were working.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:55, Thu 03 Dec 2020.

Isabeau Thorne
 Elf-Druid, 46 posts
 Elf/Druid
Thu 3 Dec 2020
at 21:27
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Isabeau sighed as she realized that there was nothing that she could do for Brad. She released his head. She looked up at EDi. "There's nothing that I can do for him. You can pick him up now." She got up and dusted herself off. "I think we will need to find someone that has more skills then myself."

Adora Brellyn
 player, 44 posts
 High Elf Warlock
 Level 3
Sat 12 Dec 2020
at 08:29
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Adora propped her sword on her shoulder and sighed. That was just what they needed, extra baggage. Maybe it would be safer for him to just lay here on the floor and for them to come back for him when they secured the... ship? Whatever it was, it was like no vessel she had seen in the port or the harbor.

A shudder went down her spine. Leave him behind.

Like you were? A small voice in the back of her mind asked.

She had been left behind before. The day she got the scar. The day the Lady came to her and gave her the power to take control of herself, and take revenge on her so called friends who had left her to die before.

Every time someone gets left behind a new Warlock makes a pact. That was something she figured to be true.

"Alright fine. Let's pick him up. I'll take point with Trager."

Adora looked around the platform, searching for any kind of door or opening that could take them to the next chamber beyond, and hopeful to somewhere where they could drive the ship.
EDi
 player, 45 posts
 Warforged Gunslinger
Sat 12 Dec 2020
at 14:37
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
EDi came forward, holstering his weapon and stooping low into a squat to gently lift the unconscious human up onto his shoulders in a fireman's carry. He could now effectively carry the mans weight across both shoulders, and still leave his gun arm free and clear for the most part.  There was a dusty of dirt and debris from his poncho as the body was draped across it. He wiggled his shoulders a bit until the weight was situated just so, and moved to stand by Trager and Adora.

"I suppose that puts Basura and I here in the middle then."

He was working hard to contain his excitement. The situation was indeed dire so far, and they had already had some sort of casualty, but they were starting to work as a team!  This was going to be so much fun! Just like the stories!

He pulled his pistol out and held it at the ready, willing to follow the point guards.
Darhill Trager
 player, 53 posts
 Human Fighter
 3rd level/900xp
Mon 14 Dec 2020
at 16:25
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Trager nodded at Adora and watched EDi lift the unconscious man.

"Nothing up here," he said, responding to Adora's wandering eyes. He paused and cocked his head at her. "Though, you may see with a different set of eyes than I do."
Darhill Trager
 player, 54 posts
 Human Fighter
 3rd level/900xp
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 13:40
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Finding nothing above, Trager accompanied Adora down the lift, shield and hammer at the ready. He eyed the hole through which he had thrown the... brain... and hoped it was the last they'd seen of such aberrations. "Coming up," he called, hitting the button to send the lift back to the second level. He scanned the room again before approaching the single door.
EDi
 player, 46 posts
 Warforged Gunslinger
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 21:28
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
EDi shifted his load carefully, trying to ease any strain he might be putting on his proverbial patient, right now however, he was more concerned with his own mobility and capability to fight in order to carry them both to safety.  He stepped onto the platform smoothly, pistol held ready as he used the barrel to hit the button to bring him back down to the level that Trager and Adora were on. He moved off to one side and sent the lift back to the top for the other elf.

"Alrighty partners, me and mine are ready to move when you are. Lets see if we can make ourselves scarce." 
DungeonMaster
 GM, 308 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2021
at 21:24
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Rubble has fallen in front of the door and might be hard to clear.
Adora Brellyn
 player, 45 posts
 High Elf Warlock
 Level 3
Sun 3 Jan 2021
at 08:02
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Adora road the lift down with the others and approached the door. She looked over the rubble.

"I'm not the strongest. But I think I can start to clear this." She willed her sword away and rolled up her sleeves, starting forward for the door.

OOC: Need me to roll a strength check or anything?
DungeonMaster
 GM, 309 posts
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 05:12
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Yep go for it
Adora Brellyn
 player, 46 posts
 High Elf Warlock
 Level 3
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 06:40
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
OOC: 01:38, Today: Adora Brellyn rolled 16 using 1d20+2.  Strength Check.
DungeonMaster
 GM, 310 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2021
at 01:39
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
The parts and beams that have fallen across the door seem to be heavier than you expected, and although they move a little do not come away from the door.
Adora Brellyn
 player, 47 posts
 High Elf Warlock
 Level 3
Tue 5 Jan 2021
at 08:18
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Adora strained and tried to move the debris, but it barely budged an inch. She continued to pull and lift, not wanting to look weak or useless to her companions. Finally she stopped her futile effort and looked to EDi and Trager.

"Ahem. Erm, Trager. Can you, maybe give me a hand with this?"

She almost asked EDi, but then he'd have to put Brad the Bard down.
Darhill Trager
 player, 55 posts
 Human Fighter
 3rd level/900xp
Thu 7 Jan 2021
at 13:41
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
Trager nodded in response to Adora's question, staring at the pile of debris, not recalling its presence here before. I was distracted by the hole to nowhere, though. He sheathed the hammer, unstrapped his shield and hung it from his bag, and squatted to help grab a piece of the debris along with Adora.

"On three," he announced. "One. Two. Thhhree."

07:39, Today: Darhill Trager rolled 15 using 1d20+4.
DungeonMaster
 GM, 311 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 01:14
ADVENTURE: What to do Now?
OOC: In truth I think I forgot to mention it.

It moves a bit, but no where near enough to get through