Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers.   Posted by Jason.Group: 0
Wendell Valdimar
 player, 30 posts
 AC15 FOR12 REF14 WILL15
 HP20 HS7 HSV6hp
Tue 23 Feb 2016
at 13:29
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
"Oooh a door, in a sewer.  I wonder what's behind it?  Or more importantly: why is it here?  Ok let's think about that for a minute shall we?  I can understand why they build a sewer," he motions to the sewerage "Case in point, however when does the sewer designer go "I need a door right THERE!" Wendell exclaims pointing at the door.

Wendell hurries over to and places his ear on the door.  "Why are you here door?  Hmmm?  What is your purpose?  What secrets do you hide?  Tell me.  Tell meeeeeeee." Wendell sighs and turns to the others "Nope I got nothing, nada, zilch.  We're just going to have to open it and have a look at whatever is on the other side."

Seeing Baerdor pick up the lockpicks from the backpack Wendell exclaims "Oh wow, just had a thought.  What if, right, the door is... wait for it... locked."

Wendell reaches out for the door and then pulls his hand away "No I can't, it'll spoil the mystery.  I mean I want to know if the door is locked, but I don't want to know just in case, y'know the door is in fact not locked."

"The mystery of the door alone is one thing but the lockpicks just brought it to another level entirely, I know guys back the asylum... ahhh academy, back at the Psionic Academy For The Gifted who would spend a lifetime pondering the metaphysics of a dilemma such as this."

Wendell nods slowly after seeing the blank yet ever so slightly disapproving expression from the Monk "Yes I know, sorry.  You're right I need to stay focused."

Wendell starts looking, in the safest way possible (for Wendell) to see if the door is trapped or locked.

"Seriously though, those guys upstairs in the masks, that's just weird right?"

OOC: *facepalm* 00:27, Today: Wendell Valdimar rolled 13 using 1d20+7.  Perception check - What secrets does the door hold?
Jason
 GM, 43 posts
Wed 24 Feb 2016
at 04:22
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Wendell Valdimar (msg # 14):

Wendell comes to the conclusion that the door is indeed locked. You search over it but find no way of opening the door on the door itself. Not even a keyhole to pick.
Maxtera
 player, 25 posts
Wed 24 Feb 2016
at 06:56
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Wendell Valdimar (msg # 14):

Watchimg Wendell come to grips with a door in the sewers amuses me greatly and I begin to crack a smile.
But as Wendell turns to look in my direction, I suck it back and stare at him.

OOC: 17:32, Today: Maxtera rolled 15 using 1d20+7.  Perception roll at the door.

It puzzles me, not only is there a door here, it has no obvious way to open it.
Why the door?
Why the secret way to open it?
Is Wendell crazy?
Why were the lords masked?
Shorley they are known and don't need to hide.
I am glad I wasn't the only one wandering this question.

In a previous life, I may have been the one to open it, but I took the life of a humble monk
.
Baerdor Irontoe
 player, 27 posts
Fri 26 Feb 2016
at 23:30
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
Baerdor stands up from his rummage through the skeletons backpack.  The lock picks are interesting but....the though is interrupted by Wendell's amusing ramblings, something about locks and an asylum....hmm nevermind...

Turning to his companions and decides to look around the room some more in particular the walls near this door.  If its one thing he knows about dungeons and other subterranean locations sometimes there are more things other than locks for doors.

Since Wendell and the monk are both examining the door, I will investigate the area around it, and hopefully find out how to open this door, so we dont end up like the skeleton over there.

OOC : What else is around this door, is there anything that looks out of place on the walls on either side of the door, bricks out of place, moss or vines too look/feel behind?

10:27, Today: Baerdor Irontoe rolled 24 using 1d20+8.  pre-emptive perception check for the wall (left side first).
Jason
 GM, 44 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 07:07
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In Reply to Maxtera (msg #16)

You search closely on the door but find that like Wendell has no way of opening the door on the door.


In reply to Baerdor Irontoe (msg # 17):

To the left of the door you see a huge clump of moss and gunk that has accumulated. to the lower corner you see a small indentation sitting behind the moss.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:14, Sat 27 Feb 2016.

Baerdor Irontoe
 player, 29 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 08:05
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
Baerdor see's the indentation in the walls and looking over to his two companions and waiting for just the right moment (when they are both investigating the door) presses it.


The spirits smile on me today.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:06, Sat 27 Feb 2016.

Jason
 GM, 45 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 08:38
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Baerdor Irontoe (msg # 19):

an old and rundown mechanical grinding noise raises the door revealing another corridor.

Wendell still leaning on and inspecting the door feels the door raise prompting him to loose his balance. (OOC: Looks like an acrobatics check is needed tehe :) )

Maxtera whilst inspecting the door not realising the door is raising upwards.... (OOC: acrobatics check as well. And may or may not get worse depending on Wendell's failu... err success :). )
Wendell Valdimar
 player, 31 posts
 AC15 FOR12 REF14 WILL15
 HP20 HS7 HSV6hp
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 10:50
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
OOC: 21:48, Today: Wendell Valdimar rolled 12 using 1d20+1.  Acrobatics-this-will-leave-a-mark-check.
Jason
 GM, 46 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 12:39
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Wendell Valdimar (msg # 21):

The door raises leaving an empty space where you were checking. The flow of the water underfoot flows into the newly opened area causing you to slip forward with a bit of err mud on the face.
Maxtera
 player, 26 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2016
at 22:19
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Jason (msg # 20):

09:02, Today: Maxtera rolled 13 using 1d20+10.  Acrobatics check.

As the water flows in,
Wendell starts slipping and his feet start going 300 feet an hour to keep him up,
I start to laugh.
Loose my footing and with a undignified splat.
Land flat on my face next to Wendell.
Wendell Valdimar
 player, 32 posts
 AC15 FOR12 REF14 WILL15
 HP20 HS7 HSV6hp
Sun 28 Feb 2016
at 14:03
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
The movement of the door caught Wendell by so much surprise and it took considerable effort for him to hold in the little squeal as he stood up.  He opened his mouth to say something, preferably something very manly sounding when the rush of water takes out his feet from underneath him.

One quick step after another fails to gain any traction on the aged stone floor and then with the thud of his knees followed by slap of his cheek hitting the water Wendell is face down in the... "No, nope, not going to loose it.  Just breathe - wait no don't breathe DO NOT BREATHE" he shouts to himself "Just keep your mouth shut and get up.  Get up, get up, get up, GET UP!!!!"

Slowly, ignoring the pain in his body and the wet sensation running up both legs of his leather pants Wendell lifts his face out of the filth and shakes the "Water, it's only water" from his face.

Unable to hold his breath any longer he takes in a short breath while he quickly checks for any missing teeth using his tongue "Alright no funny taste and all teeth accounted for, let chalk this up a win then...

The splash from the monk landing beside Wendell sends up a thick spray of the sewerage into Wendell's face.

At first Wendell flinches back but then a calming look comes across his face.  He sits up and slowly removes his pack from his back.  Pulling out a small cloth he wipes down his face, after he finishes he folds it up neatly and then puts it back into his pack.  Slinging his pack back onto his back he gets up and walks slowly over to the open doorway.   Looking from the the bottom of the door poking out from the ceiling down to where a fell and then back again a couple of times he takes a long deep breath.

"It has become clear to me now that I allowed myself to become confused, no that's not the word - misled - yes misled by the apparent mystery of the DOOR.  When all long the the door was only a subtext for the enigma hidden within the mystery of the KEY.  But all along it was the BUTTON that.. it..."

Turning to his companions he frantically motions to the room "It's like US you see, this place here now IT'S US."

"Obviously I'm the KEY, you're the DOOR" he says pointing the the Monk "and you big guy are the BUTTON.  Although you're big and would make for a better door than a button.  So yeah you're the door then and the monk is the button.  Look either way works, I'll let you guys settle that among yourselves."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:45, Tue 01 Mar 2016.

Baerdor Irontoe
 player, 30 posts
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 00:40
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
Baerdor stares at Wendell for a moment then laughs out loud, giving him a friendly slap on the back.

"You think to much friend, its just a door."  Smiling he turns and offers an outstretched hand to the monk.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:41, Mon 29 Feb 2016.

Maxtera
 player, 27 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 01:57
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Baerdor Irontoe (msg # 25):

I reach out and take the hand of Baerdor.
Dripping with filth I start to wipe myself down to no avail.
SHIT I say aloud.
As the more I wipe the messier I get.

I look around, open my shoulder bag pull out my flint and steel and a few dry twigs.
I sit down on a dry patch of ground and begin to make a fire.
Once the fire is kindled I strip off and scrub my clothes and body as best as I can.
I ring my garb out and look for a place to hang it.
I then sit by my little fire and wait.
This is where I staying until my clothes are dry
Wendell Valdimar
 player, 33 posts
 AC15 FOR12 REF14 WILL15
 HP20 HS7 HSV6hp
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 12:32
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
Stunned, mostly from the monk's outburst but also in part from the teeth rattling "pat" on the back he'd just received from Baerdor, Wendell does a double take at the now naked monk sitting by the fire.

"Ahem" he says as he steps forward and extends his hand out to the monk, "I'm Wendell and this here is Baerdor (he's a Minotaur), we've been adventuring down here for ooooh I don't know, what five minutes?  Or is it ten?  Hey big guy..." Wendell waves at Baredor "Would you say we've be at it down here for ten minutes?  Oh never mind," Wendell turns back to the monk "the thing is we seem to have lost someone, a guy about so high, bald head, never says much oh and yes" Wendell clicks his fingers "and he had clothes on.  Yep definitely had clothes on."

"Look never mind, I can see that you're busy so I'm going to go down this corridor for a bit and see if I can find him"

As he walks past Baerdor Wendell mutters "Awkward... Funny though you know he looked a lot taller with his clothes on."

Wendell stops in his tracks "OK now that came out all wrong, what I meant to said, no say, I meant that what I..."

He sighs and points to the door that Baerdor recently opened "I'm going to take my foot and my mouth and hop through that door for a little look see.  I'll scream if I need you."


OOC: Wendell venture forth into the recently opened portal but will skedaddle* at the first sign of danger or any further monk nudity.

*Holy shit it's a real word!  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/skedaddle
Jason
 GM, 47 posts
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 05:31
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Wendell Valdimar (msg # 27):

As Wendell turns the corner he spots a small dog like animal.

The Kobolds hearing a noise on their patrol went to investigate. As they round the corner and notice Wendell they shout something at him (in Draconic. Anyone Know Draconic?). The other Kobold speaks in simple common "You do not belong here" and starts to run at you with a dagger drawn.

OOC: Initiatives please. unless the monk is happy to nude it out :).


This message was last edited by the GM at 05:33, Thu 03 Mar 2016.

Maxtera
 player, 29 posts
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 07:46
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Jason (msg # 28):

18:37, Today: Maxtera rolled 18 using 1d20+5.  Initiative.

OOC: No need to get dressed as the material will only slow me down ;P

Baerdor Irontoe
 player, 31 posts
Thu 3 Mar 2016
at 10:11
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Jason (msg # 28):

21:10, Today: Baerdor Irontoe rolled 17 using 1d20+1.  initiative.

EDIT: oh yeah and I only speak Common and Dwarven

This message was last edited by the player at 20:50, Sun 06 Mar 2016.

Wendell Valdimar
 player, 34 posts
 AC15 FOR12 REF14 WILL15
 HP20 HS7 HSV6hp
Sun 6 Mar 2016
at 11:25
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
Wendell hesitated for a moment as he struggled with the decision to scream out "KOBOLDS!" or simply just scream.  Deciding a more descriptive emotive would be more useful to his fellow adventurers he began to scream "Kobolds" when something flew out of the dark and straight into his mouth.  The eventual noise sounded something more like "Kerrrrkkkk" followed by a stream of coughing and gagging noises.

Through tear stained eyes Wendell could see the mighty shape of Baerdor running toward him he motioned down the corridor "Kobolds" he mutteres "go ahead I'll be right there shortly."

Wiping tears away from his eyes he looks up just in time to see the Monk also run past, naked.

"Okaaaay" he spits out the last few pieces of the insect "when all of this is said and done and we sit down with the scribes of Oghma to recount all our glories and victories I think it's probably best we leave this part out!"


OOC: 21:46, Today: Wendell Valdimar rolled 8 using 1d20+7 ((1)).

Wendell oh Wendell... he has an amazing PLUS SEVEN to his initiative and yet still manages to guff it up by rolling a 1.  I don't even have to roleplay Wendell's ineptitude any more - the dice roller is doing it for me.

This is one of the key reasons Wendell doesn't carry a sword.

@DM: Re languages: Wendell only knows Common and Dwarven.

Jason
 GM, 48 posts
Mon 14 Mar 2016
at 12:56
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Wendell Valdimar (msg # 31):

The larger Kobold(Skirmisher) moves towards Wendell and Draws a Dagger Ready.



Initiative Order
Maxtera 18
Baerdor 17
Wendell 8
Maxtera
 player, 30 posts
Tue 15 Mar 2016
at 10:12
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Jason (msg # 32):

On hearing the shrieking cry of fright from the fearless Wendell
quote:
"Kerrrrkkkk"

I run down the tunnel towards Wendell and ready for battle

OOC:(not sure how far away I am from the seen)
If I make it I will stand between Wendell and his attacker

Languages:
 ----------------------
 Common
 Deep Speech

Jason
 GM, 49 posts
Tue 15 Mar 2016
at 11:05
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Maxtera (msg # 33):


Baerdor Irontoe
 player, 32 posts
Tue 15 Mar 2016
at 12:40
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
It is a strange day indeed when the sound "Kerrrrkkkk" is followed by the naked shape of a monk running past.  It seems that Wendell as found some not so friendly new friends.

Baerdor marches forward and enters the fray positioning himself between Wendell and the kobolds.

I would like to move to the space above the monk if possible. (yes in the goopy looking bit)

Also im not sure how far I have moved (speed is 6) can I bonk the kobald next too matt as well?



EDIT: Baerdor summons a small portion of primal power and strikes at the Kobold

23:50, Today: Baerdor Irontoe rolled 7 using 1d20+6 : vs AC : Using Earth Shield Strike!

OOC: ok next time maybe a bit more power

This message was last edited by the player at 09:08, Wed 16 Mar 2016.

Wendell Valdimar
 player, 35 posts
 AC15 FOR12 REF14 WILL15
 HP20 HS7 HSV6hp
Tue 15 Mar 2016
at 13:31
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
Cowering I mean hiding nope sorry *ahem* I meant to say while standing steadfast and resolute (yes nailed it!) behind his companions Wendell throws his arms in the air as if casting an invisible net towards the Kobold.

OOC: Using Kinetic Trawl [At Will, Range 10]: +3 vs Reflex, 1d8+3 damage and I can pull the target 1 square.
Rolled a 9 so I presume that's a Wendell ah I mean a miss, rolled damage just in case.

00:26, Today: Wendell Valdimar rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  Kinetic Trawl: +3 vs Reflex.
00:29, Today: Wendell Valdimar rolled 5 using 1d8+3.  Kinetic Trawl damage 1d8+3.

Jason
 GM, 50 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 09:52
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Wendell Valdimar (msg # 36):



23:50, Today: Baerdor Irontoe rolled 7 using 1d20+6 : vs AC : Using Earth Shield Strike! Miss
The Kobold armour deflects baerdors axe without even a graze.


The Kobold minions lunge forward to assist the larger of the Kobolds swinging fiercely with the daggers and dodging hastily at Baerdor.

20:22, Today: Jason, for the NPC Kobold Minion 1, rolled 24 using 1d20+5. HIT!
20:25, Today: Jason, for the NPC Kobold Minion 1, rolled 1 using 1d4. 1 Damage 1 Hitpoint to Baerdor.
20:22, Today: Jason, for the NPC Kobold Minion 2, rolled 15 using 1d20+5. Miss
20:23, Today: Jason, for the NPC Kobold Minion 3, rolled 9 using 1d20+5.  Miss

The first kobold slices Baerdor leaving a small cut on his arm but moved quickly to dodge the other 2.

00:26, Today: Wendell Valdimar rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  Kinetic Trawl: +3 vs Reflex 14

The larger Kobold feels a tug of force around him but it fades away as quickly as it appeared.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:40, Wed 16 Mar 2016.

Jason
 GM, 51 posts
Wed 16 Mar 2016
at 10:09
Chapter 1 - Level 1 Sewers
In reply to Jason (msg # 37):

The Kobold Skirmisher pulls the dagger upwards towards Maxtera with a fierce slice and hits.

20:57, Today: Jason, for the NPC Kobold Skirmisher, rolled 24 using 1d20+6.  Hit!
21:08, Today: Jason, for the NPC Kobold Skirmisher, rolled 1 using 1d4.  Damage Maxtera for 1 hit point