The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings.   Posted by Runelord Dread.Group: 0
Talon
 Elven Magus, 1157 posts
 Sovyrian Elf
 Fighter[DBLW]2/Magus[BK]3
Tue 28 May 2019
at 16:29
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Talon quickly assessed to see if the fires were going to collapse the upper floors of the mansion on top of them. "We've got to come up with a better way of handling these sorts of things..." he muttered to his friends.

"Careful Lan, there may be more." The sound was muffled due to him talking through the hem of his cloak which he'd pulled over his nose and mouth to filter the foul alchemical smoke.

He assisted by listening at several of the doors and looking around to see what sorts of clues might be found.
Mina
 Shoanti Cleric, 169 posts
 AC 20; HP 41; CMD 19
 Fort 9/Ref 4/Will 6
Tue 28 May 2019
at 23:10
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Mina walked up to Lan and tapped him with the wand, partially healing his wounds. No point in going on wounded too badly.

He wasn't quite healed, but it was close enough, and she stowed the wand, then followed the group deeped into the haunted house.





17:09, Today: Mina rolled 5 using 1d8+1.  clw wand on lan.
Tanis Riverwind
 Shoanti Barbarian, 789 posts
 Shoanti Barbarian
Wed 29 May 2019
at 00:16
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Which door will it be little brother?
Lan
 Elven Rogue, 1306 posts
 Elven Rogue
 AC 20 HP 29/32,CMD 18
Wed 29 May 2019
at 02:17
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Lan moves to the door at 10,39. Taking the headpiece off, he examines the door. One he knows what he is dealing with, he attempts to disarm/unlock the door.

Perception 18, 20 vs Traps
Disable Device 21.
Zenfira Cazal
 Aasimar Inquisitor, 529 posts
 Aasimar Inquisitor
Wed 29 May 2019
at 03:48
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Zenfira kept her position, spear at the ready, and waited for Lan to do his thing.
Tanis Riverwind
 Shoanti Barbarian, 790 posts
 Shoanti Barbarian
Thu 30 May 2019
at 00:32
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Standing deathly still and silent, the Shoanti waits with one hand one hi ax and the other ready to grab his little brother should the need arise.
Runelord Dread
 GM, 1911 posts
Thu 30 May 2019
at 16:07
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Lan moved to the first door on the right of the stairs and began going over the frame and door looking for any traps, and Mia came up and invoked the power of the healing wand she carried curing some of the fresh rat bites. After seeing there was nothing to worry about Lan cracked the unlocked door open to reveal two bunks standing in this room, relatively free of dust and mold. Small chests sit open to the side of the bunks. A single desk sits at the far end of the room drawers open as if it had been gone through. A chair lies turned over on its side near the center of the room.


Map: https://imgur.com/pm9lTIW

Combat Summary

Lan  AC:20 (T-15 /FF-20 ) CMD:18 HP 32/29 FO:+2 RE:+8  WL:+3
5th Rogue Elf Male +2 vs Enchantment spells and spell-like effects. Immune to Sleep effects. Trapfinding +2. Evasion. +1 Trap Sense. Uncanny Dodge. Debilitating Injury.

Talon AC:21 (T-17 / FF-18/21)  CMD:17  HP 36/36 42  FO:+8 RE:+7 WL:+5
Fighter 2 [Dan. Blade L. Warden] / Magus 3 [Bladebound Kensai] Elf [Sovyrian], Male
Panache: 3/3 - Arcane Pool: 6/6 - Spells Remaining: [1st] 4/4
Elven Immunities to sleep & +2 to resist enchantments and effects
Defensive Strategist never flat-footed when surprised

Allura AC:15(17) (Touch: 12/FF: 14) CMD: 14 HP: 28/28 FO: +2 REF: +2 WIll: +5
5th level Arcanist  Aasimar [Peri]/Female
Resistance 5 (Cold, Acid, Elect) *Native outsider* Immune to charm person and similar spells.  +2 vs Illusions.

Pangy AC:18 (In Ball-19) (Touch:14/FF:16 In Ball-Touch:18) CMD:7 11 vs Trip HP:14/14
FO:+2, RE:+4, WL:+4
Familiar Pangolin [Magical Beast]. Alertness, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, can make touch attacks with spells.

Mina  AC:20(T-12/FF-18) CMD:19 HP 41/41 FO:+9 RE:+4 WL:+6
2nd warrior/3rd Cleric (evangelist) Human [Shoanti] init +2, per. +10
Combat Reflexes; +2 AoO per round, can make AoO flatfooted

Tanis  AC:19(T-15/FF-17) CMD:19 HP 50/48 FO:+8 RE:+3 WL:+1
5th Barbarian  Human [Shoanti] Imp. Uncanny Dodge, Superstition +2 Moral bonus on saves vs spells & spell like ability, +1 Trap Sense // +1 Ref. +1 AC vs traps
Quick reflexes// +1 AoO per round, Spring Attack

Zenfira  AC: 22(T-12/FF-16) CMD:21 HP 34/34 FO:+4 RE:+3 WL:+10
2nd Expert / 3rd Inquisitor  Aasimar, Female
Resistances/Immunities: *Native Outsider*, Resistance 5 (Cold, Acid, Electricity)
Allura Danvers
 Aasimar Arcanist, 1040 posts
 Aasimar Arcanist
Thu 30 May 2019
at 16:10
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
"Anything worth checking in there Lan ?"
Talon
 Elven Magus, 1158 posts
 Sovyrian Elf
 Fighter[DBLW]2/Magus[BK]3
Thu 30 May 2019
at 16:38
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Talon stood watch in order that Lan might give his attention to rifling through the contents of the chests and so forth. The mysteries of this mansion were many, as were the dangers.
Tanis Riverwind
 Shoanti Barbarian, 791 posts
 Shoanti Barbarian
Fri 31 May 2019
at 01:59
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Tanis waits for Lan to enter the room and then follows him in.



21:09, Today: Tanis Riverwind rolled 12 using 1d20+6. perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:11, Sat 01 June.

Lan
 Elven Rogue, 1307 posts
 Elven Rogue
 AC 20 HP 29/32,CMD 18
Fri 31 May 2019
at 03:22
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Lan enters and makes a cursory search of the room. "It looks like two people were staying here, rather recently. Be alert."

Perception 21, 23 vs traps
Mina
 Shoanti Cleric, 170 posts
 AC 20; HP 41; CMD 19
 Fort 9/Ref 4/Will 6
Fri 31 May 2019
at 04:58
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Mina followed along, alert as commanded.




22:58, Today: Mina rolled 22 using 1d20+10.  perception.
Runelord Dread
 GM, 1912 posts
Tue 4 Jun 2019
at 00:25
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Lan searches the room finding nothing that is useful
Lan
 Elven Rogue, 1308 posts
 Elven Rogue
 AC 20 HP 29/32,CMD 18
Fri 7 Jun 2019
at 06:40
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Lan exits, then moves to the southmost door at 14,?. He listens, then opens the door to the south.

Perception 23, 25 vs traps. d20+12.
Disable Device 31 on d20+18.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:42, Fri 07 June.

Allura Danvers
 Aasimar Arcanist, 1041 posts
 Aasimar Arcanist
Fri 7 Jun 2019
at 15:41
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Allura looks to Zenfira, "How are you holding up ?"
Talon
 Elven Magus, 1159 posts
 Sovyrian Elf
 Fighter[DBLW]2/Magus[BK]3
Sat 8 Jun 2019
at 01:33
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Talon continued his vigil while Lan worked his own kind of magic at the door. Not necessarily meaning to eavesdrop on a conversation, he couldn't help but overhear Allura ask Zenfira how she was doing. He was curious about her state as well. The longer their investigation took, the more the tension built. Hers must be nearly insufferable.
Tanis Riverwind
 Shoanti Barbarian, 792 posts
 Shoanti Barbarian
Sat 8 Jun 2019
at 02:27
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Tanis also hears Allura's concern. stepping up beside Zenfire the big Shoanti warrior slips his arm around Zenfira,s shoulder and leans over whispering in her ear as he holds her gently protecting her. You have my word Little Feather, you will survive this, and be all the stronger because of it.

After letting go he steps up beside Lan the fires of anger and hatred burning in his eyes, in a low growl Lets find Foxglove and finish him, He's brought enough to Zen this will end today.
Zenfira Cazal
 Aasimar Inquisitor, 530 posts
 Aasimar Inquisitor
Sat 8 Jun 2019
at 23:39
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Zenfira seemed surprised that the groups attention turned to her.  For someone who was comfortable being the centre of attention, usually when on a stage, Zen wasn't prepared for this sudden shift in interest.  She was still trying to process how she felt about all of this, but it was too early for her to put such feelings into words.

"I'm...I'm okay." she said, fidgeting with her spear.  Her grip changed as she shifted her weight a few times.  "It's...just a lot to take in...shouldn't we be moving to the next room?"
Allura Danvers
 Aasimar Arcanist, 1042 posts
 Aasimar Arcanist
Sun 9 Jun 2019
at 00:04
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
"Just know this has to be hard. Your right though, the faster we get this done the faster we get out of here."
Runelord Dread
 GM, 1914 posts
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 13:39
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Lan began to check out the door to east and the party turned their attention to Zenfira's well being until he was ready to open it then they went back to business. opening the door Lan see's Once a pantry, this room has become a filthy, reeking lair of what must be hundreds, if not thousands, of rats. Swaths of fur cling to everything, and mounds of rat droppings cover the floor. A few rats now occupy it, but the majority were slain already. These rats are mishapen and have bulbous tumors on their bodies.


Map: https://imgur.com/nOWQrcl

Combat Summary

Lan  AC:20 (T-15 /FF-20 ) CMD:18 HP 32/29 FO:+2 RE:+8  WL:+3
5th Rogue Elf Male +2 vs Enchantment spells and spell-like effects. Immune to Sleep effects. Trapfinding +2. Evasion. +1 Trap Sense. Uncanny Dodge. Debilitating Injury.

Talon AC:21 (T-17 / FF-18/21)  CMD:17  HP 36/36 42  FO:+8 RE:+7 WL:+5
Fighter 2 [Dan. Blade L. Warden] / Magus 3 [Bladebound Kensai] Elf [Sovyrian], Male
Panache: 3/3 - Arcane Pool: 6/6 - Spells Remaining: [1st] 4/4
Elven Immunities to sleep & +2 to resist enchantments and effects
Defensive Strategist never flat-footed when surprised

Allura AC:15(17) (Touch: 12/FF: 14) CMD: 14 HP: 28/28 FO: +2 REF: +2 WIll: +5
5th level Arcanist  Aasimar [Peri]/Female
Resistance 5 (Cold, Acid, Elect) *Native outsider* Immune to charm person and similar spells.  +2 vs Illusions.

Pangy AC:18 (In Ball-19) (Touch:14/FF:16 In Ball-Touch:18) CMD:7 11 vs Trip HP:14/14
FO:+2, RE:+4, WL:+4
Familiar Pangolin [Magical Beast]. Alertness, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, can make touch attacks with spells.

Mina  AC:20(T-12/FF-18) CMD:19 HP 41/41 FO:+9 RE:+4 WL:+6
2nd warrior/3rd Cleric (evangelist) Human [Shoanti] init +2, per. +10
Combat Reflexes; +2 AoO per round, can make AoO flatfooted

Tanis  AC:19(T-15/FF-17) CMD:19 HP 50/48 FO:+8 RE:+3 WL:+1
5th Barbarian  Human [Shoanti] Imp. Uncanny Dodge, Superstition +2 Moral bonus on saves vs spells & spell like ability, +1 Trap Sense // +1 Ref. +1 AC vs traps
Quick reflexes// +1 AoO per round, Spring Attack

Zenfira  AC: 22(T-12/FF-16) CMD:21 HP 34/34 FO:+4 RE:+3 WL:+10
2nd Expert / 3rd Inquisitor  Aasimar, Female
Resistances/Immunities: *Native Outsider*, Resistance 5 (Cold, Acid, Electricity)
Allura Danvers
 Aasimar Arcanist, 1043 posts
 Aasimar Arcanist
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 16:35
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Allura uses detect magic on the mess to see if perhaps the rats gathered something into it.
Lan
 Elven Rogue, 1309 posts
 Elven Rogue
 AC 20 HP 29/32,CMD 18
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 07:21
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Lan backs out and investigates the door beside Tanis (to the east).

Taking 10
Perception 22, 24 vs traps
Disable Device 28.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:22, Mon 17 June.

Mina
 Shoanti Cleric, 171 posts
 AC 20; HP 41; CMD 19
 Fort 9/Ref 4/Will 6
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 22:06
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Mina followed, alert for danger. They had to be getting close to the source of the haunting by now. She hoped they were ready.
Tanis Riverwind
 Shoanti Barbarian, 793 posts
 Shoanti Barbarian
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 23:43
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Tanis stands behind Lan with one hand on his ax and the other in his belt pouch on a potion bottle. Ready for the combat he knew would come sooner or later.
Talon
 Elven Magus, 1162 posts
 Sovyrian Elf
 Fighter[DBLW]2/Magus[BK]3
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 17:54
Re: The Skinsaw Murders part III: Misgivings
Talon gripped his weapon in one hand and a wand in the other. He stood ready as the tension grew.


OOC: Will just follow standard protocol for Talon, allowing Lan to do his thing and then chopping down whatever he awakens! ;-)